Sept 04 mamas! Happy New Year! Jan thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Monday!

Snowboarding was great on Saturday, it was the longest I had been away from Nessa ever, 3.5 hours, and I was totally OK. DH said things went great, but she had a little fit for about 10 min just before I got home. She was fine when I walked in the door, but still had a little tear on her cheek, was super psyched to nurse and went right to sleep.

Oh, I have a question for those who were talking about skunky diapers and stripping them, etc. My cloth wipes arre stinky, I keep them soaking in water in a plastic container for use, and have started to clean the container and water every few days, but they are still coming up smelly after a day or so in new water. I've tried adding lavender, TTO and baking soda to the mix, but this hasn't worked. Do they need stripping? They are cotton flannel and I wash the same as my dipes which I haven't found any stinkiness with yet. Any suggestions?

OK, better run, gotta pay some bills before nap time is over....

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Sheryl - one of the best suggestions I've heard for cloth wipes was given, I think, by Leigh a while ago. She suggested using a peri bottle (or other similar squirt bottle) to keep the water in and leaving the wipes dry until right before you use them. I gave up on cloth wipes with Jack, because they would get so funky sitting in the water, no matter what I added to them. Plus, when you use the squirt bottle method, you can just have one for your diaper bag too and it is a lot easier to haul dry cloths around. Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Well this weekend was the weekend from he**. Makynzi will not sleep and is screaming at the top of her lungs. nothing soothes her. I know it is her teething. She is drooling buckets. She also is not really wanting to nurse. Thank goodness by night time she was exhausted from screaming all day so she went to sleep. Gotta run...she's doing it again
Old 01-10-2005, 02:12 PM

Sherly, I agree with Sistermama. I keep my wipes dry and just use a squirt bottle to wet them as needed. It works wonderfully!

Kate gave me a 6.5 hour stretch last night- a record! Now if I could only figure out how to replicate it. :LOL I feel like a new woman! It's amazing what a good stretch of sleep will do. Remember those days when you felt groggy if you didn't get your full 8 hours??? Now, I feel pumped on six!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, that is what I have been doing when not at home. I can't figure out why it worked so well for 3+ months, what makes them stink? Maybe my hard water? Oh well...

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 01-10-2005, 04:25 PM

Hello All!

I am a little late getting in on this thread, but figured i'd pop in and say hi!
My ds was supposed to be an Aug 04 babe, but decided to stay an extra 9 days and was born Sept 4 instead (in a birthing tub )

Just wanted to say hi! I'll have to go back and read through the thread!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Old 01-10-2005, 04:32 PM

leomom, I totally relate...Alicia was sleeping 5 to 7 hr stretches at night for a few weeks, but after the holidays, she's back down to 2-4 hrs at a time...my body is finally getting used to it, but she actually did 5 hrs to begin the night again the past 2 nights...hallelujah!

I, too, can't believe how little sleep I can live on now. I've stopped even dreaming about a full night sleep ever again.

Alicia rolled over for the first time yesterday! She's been a little fussy, and I'm wondering if learning that skill is why? I've also started eating a little chocolate again, and wonder if that's it...but she didn't start these fussy days til about 2-3 days ago and I've been eating a little chocolate every day since New Years. Hmmmm...
Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 PM

welcome Mama Bear. I am in GA too! southside of the airport in atl.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

T refuses to nap

tired of mr-fussy-i-won't-sleep-though-i'm-exhausted

plan to sling him as much as possible today.

welcome mama bear, my son was also late - 16 days!

jen in the land of droopy eyelids and fussy cries

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 01-11-2005, 12:25 AM

It's been a rough day...Kallisti is teething and it feels/looks like a tooth is starting to come through. I finally got her to take her nap, butshe didn't want to go to sleep. She didn't want to be help, she didn't want to lay down, she didn't want to sit her seat, she didn't want to nurse....I was getting pretty frustrated. I actually ran out to the store all by myself (the first time since she was born!) To grab a pizza and I looked at the baby tylenol, but it said to consult a doctor if your baby is under 6 months so I didn't get any. The Hylands tablets kinda work. She'll sometimes chew on her cold teether, sometimes on her stuffed kitty. What now?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:41 AM

Lazuli - Dr Sears posts the dosing chart for Tylenol and Advil/Motrin for children under two. He makes some comment in "The Baby Book" along the lines of how silly he thinks it is that the drug companies don't just put it on the label, thus saving peds middle of the night phone calls about it. I'd go for the Motrin as its the only one you can get without all those silly, staining bright red dyes. Like babies care what color it is?

I would recommend "Children's Herbal" which is a tincture made by Herb Pharm that you should be able to find easily at a health food store. It has: Chamomile flower, Lemon balm leaf and flower, Catnip leaf and flower and Fennel seed. The catnip is especially good for teething and the others are nice and calming. Also, as a last resort for the teething with Jack, I once in a while would rub a little valerian tincture on his gums (I'm not sure which helped more, the valerian or the alcohol) :
Old 01-11-2005, 12:54 AM

The Hyland's Teething Gel works really well on my ds. It relieves the pain and he finally naps afterwards.
I haven't tried the tablets...

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Old 01-11-2005, 12:58 AM

we're joining in the fussy fun... Two irritatable babies here tonight.... I can't fix it.... ARGH...
Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 AM

I'm confused. I thought you couldnt use Motrin until they were at least 6 months old? That is what I was always told with my first one anyways. Im using Tylenol on Makynzi right now. She is running a fever now. Not sure if it's the teething or if she is going to end up having another ear infection. Seems like we go in for her recheck on her ears and they are fine. Then a week later here comes the ear infection. Guess I will take her in to the pedi if she is still running one in the morning. These ear infections are driving me crazy. She's breastfed, she isnt supposed to have frequent ear infections . Oh and im in GA too. Well guess i'll get back to my fussy little one. Actually now she is so wiped out she is just kind of in a daze when she's not sleeping. I hate seeing her sick. I feel like a bad mommy.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:40 AM

Mandy - according to Dr Sears: "Although the package might not give a dosage for under two years, it can be safely used down to two months of age (it used to only be approved down to 6 months, but in 2001, it was proven to be safe and effective down to two months of age)."

For the ear infections, you might want to check out the Block Center - they have LOTS of great resources for treating ear infections and keeping them from coming back. Has she taken antibiotics already? If so, you might want to try giving her some probiotics (basically just good bacteria to replace that wiped out by antibiotics along with the bad bacteria).
Old 01-11-2005, 03:15 AM

Thanks Sarah, Madyson was born in DEC of 2000 so we must have just missed the change in age. That's great to know. Thanks for the link. I will be reading it first thing tomorrow. Right now im going to try and get some sleep while she seems to be resting well. She has been on antibiotics. I need to research the probiotics I dont know too much about them.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, ladies! I've been trying to keep up but realised I haven't posted in a bit.

I'm so sorry to hear of the sick/fussy/teething babies! May it all pass quickly!

Iain is a drool factory. Lately he's been sucking/chewing on his bottom lip - cutest thing! And he's gotten his Haba teether into his mouth repeatedly to chomp on it. (Not to mention the hands, fingers, fists, and, oh!, me! :LOL) I still can't see the teeth at the top of the gum, but I know they're there. Just hoping it doesn't continue for another month! Hylands are still working well for us. I didn't know there was a gel! That'd probably be great as I can't ever get the tabs under his tongue. He likes to "chew" on them, though, and I think even the flavor and activity of mushing them may be calming for him. I still think he's too little for teeth, though! My baby is growing up!!

We still don't know for sure if we're moving to CA. I expected to hear for sure today, but apparently the finance guy was in a meeting and didn't get to it. Finances are supposed to be tight/tightening, but they're trying to push it through. Then they do some checking on things and realize that we'll be liable for CA state taxes for the time we're there (we don't have state tax in TX). And there's some loophole about the housing being a "taxable benefit" if the whole family's coming out, which means it'd be taxed like his salary. If that happens, and WE have to pay for it, there will be no financial benefit for us, as far as I can tell. I think there's some chance the company will take "the taxation liability" for it - I think that means they pay :LOL. In that case, we'll be good to go. I think we can handle the extra 6-8% state tax if we're not paying for housing! Anyhow, we're still up in the air and *might* be leaving in 4 weeks! Living in limbo is really tough.

I took Iain to my Stampin' Up Stamp Club tonight, and he did pretty well for not sleeping through the whole thing. :LOL I tried to have him up and active far enough ahead of the meeting time that he's sleep in his carrier, but he woke up when I got there. He did get tired, though, and I was finally able to lay him down on a couch (not rolling yet, thankfully!), all cozy like in his bed, and get him to sleep. I actually had to wake him to change his diaper and leave! I'm going to be signing up just before we leave (assuming we do ) to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator, which I think will be lots of fun! I really love it, love to tell others about it, etc., but it can also be a little frightening to think of organizing a whole business, keeping records, filing taxes, etc. - as well as organizing the workshops, interacting with strangers (), and all of that. I'm just hoping the CA tax thing won't come into play.

On cloth wipes - I have my changing area next to a sink (we have a long vanity between two sinks in the master bath), so I wet each wipe as I need it. For the diaper bag, I'll wet several and put them in a ziploc bag (I'm currently using a zippered wet bag, but I'm having trouble with this one ). If I don't use them after a few days, I'll toss them in the pail. Using a squirt bottle is probably the closest solution if you don't have a sink nearby - though I've heard of some mamas who wet the wipes on the way to the changing table. As for the stink, it could certainly be the hard water getting to them. I had no stink problems with anything until 3 months. I just finally got rid of the stink (I think!) in my hemp inserts and diapers by using SportWash (found at Wal-mart in the camping section with bug sprays - a quart sized bottle with bright orange labeling). The insert that had made the whole pail reek of ammonia did NOT stink when he woke up the other day! Whew! (Now the pail smells of ammonia again, but hopefully that just means it's time to wash.) You can also try hot-wash stripping to see if you have buildup. I didn't get any suds after 3 very hot washes and a 4th wash with Calgon (water softener) - so for me I don't think it was buildup, persay. Anyhow - hopefully you can get rid of the stink and find a solution that works well for you!

Savannah, I have faint recollections of trying a bedsheet for a sling. :LOL It is too big, but gave me a feel for how it could work. The material was kinda slippery, too, if I recall (just plain cotton sheets), where as a material with a little more grip to it holds better. I don't recall now if I actually did this when Gabriel was here or before. Hrm. I just remember this huge sheet and trying to do something with it. :LOL

Hmm... go to bed or figure out what stamp sets I'm going to buy... Hmm... Now these are the tough decisions in life. :LOL

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:54 AM

I just spent nearly the entire day looking at old videos of Nicolas. What fun! I cannot wait to have two wild toddlers in the house again...

The video was from about age 18 months to 4 years. Cute diaper butt boy jumping on the bed while singing a cute little baby talk song... Snow days... Christmas... birthdays... karaoke concerts and a piano concerto. LOL Also some cute video of my busy home day care days, before I got cabin fever and had to let two families (3 kids) go. I had 5 kids 2 and under and one kindergartner after school. It was wonderful, but winter in my small house was driving me batty, LOL. I'm hoping to take in another child or two when the twins are bigger.

I spent time on that MamaToto site last night trying to figure out my slings... And today was able to use my Nojo successfully, finally!! Fussy William made lunch with me, and swept the kitchen and front porch with me, then fell asleep. Later in the day, McKenna was soothed and read a book with Nicolas and I in the pouch. And I tandem nursed successfully today and yesterday for the first time in about 2 months, yay! The way I did it as newborns wasn't working any more, and I needed to go back to Karen Gromada's web site and get some fresh ideas. (have you seen the photos link at www.karengromada.com? Awesome!)

I hope the rest of you with fussy babies today had a better evening. Mine were really happy most of the day, but had about an hour of crying tonight. (Right when exhausted Daddy came home, wouldn't you know it? I wish they wouldn't do that...)

Just found out about an hour ago that my dh's brother and wife are expecting again. I am so happy! Their daughter is 4, and they kept saying for years that they weren't going to have more children. I kept encouraging them to, though. Apparently this was a surprise... my brother in law said they used 6 EPT tests!! LOL. Also a friend on my twin message boards is pregnant again. I'm ready too. Though God probably agrees we'll need a bit more space before our next child(ren?). I'd love to have twins again. Yes, we're crazy.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:04 AM

Heather, have fun with your new business! I have a successful, growing Quixtar/Britt Worldwide business that I tend to drift in and out of, as far as actively building it. It's great to interact with other like minded, entrepreneurial adults! And I actually love meeting strangers (actually, I consider them all potential new friends). I'm sure you'll love it, and do great.

Your talk of CA reminded me that we also have a moving update, sort of... (Best of luck on that, by the way!) The head hunter called today about the job in Phoenix dh's been interviewing for. Apparently they are very interested in him (of course, why wouldn't they be? lol) and want to offer him a contract. I'm sure a trip for him to meet the Phoenix folks is coming soon. We may not get to take that church seminar in March I signed up for this weekend, after all! Tonight dh's parents said the housing market in Phx is going nuts -- people selling their house the same day it's listed! Values going up double in just 3 years! It's a housing frenzy there now, which is too bad. We won't be able to play yet. We missed a big chance to make money on housing when we moved here, too. Grrr.

OK, I'm off to bed again.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Just found out about an hour ago that my dh's brother and wife are expecting again. I am so happy! Their daughter is 4, and they kept saying for years that they weren't going to have more children. I kept encouraging them to, though. Apparently this was a surprise... my brother in law said they used 6 EPT tests!! LOL. Also a friend on my twin message boards is pregnant again. I'm ready too. Though God probably agrees we'll need a bit more space before our next child(ren?). I'd love to have twins again. Yes, we're crazy.
:LOL :LOL A little more time might be good, I'm thinking. Though I had quite a dream last night that I took a test (goodness knows why) and immediately came up one pink line - then another! And then several more. :LOL Turns out this test has about six control lines before you got to the "real" one. :LOL At least, my brain had to somehow come up with a way to get out of being pg again when I have a 4 month old!

A friend of mine had her third baby today - THREE HOURS OF LABOR!! : Or maybe even less... anyhow, we had lunch with them Sunday, left them at 4pm, and the baby was here at 5 am! (The midwife got there at 5:10. ) So when DH came to get Gabriel for school, and I went back to sleep after hearing the news, of course I was thinking about Iain's birth. Talking about it on Sunday, without detail, I said I didn't really feel much of the memory - but this morning, it felt very real. I don't know if I can do it again, not how it went this time. Though I really do think I want another baby - not soon, though. But it will definitely be a matter of God's timing and God getting me through it. While He was very gracious to me in ending the labor with Iain quickly and not prolonging it unnecessarily, a large chunk of it was horrendous. Really bad. But, I survived, it ended, and I have a sweet, wonderful, beautiful, happy baby who even sleeps! :LOL So while those 3 days were bad, and the few hours were hellacious, I have to think I'd do it again to have the benefit of another child. At least, someday when the memories are dimmer.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:18 AM

Hey, Savannah, let's play posting leapfrog! :LOL

Quote:
Heather, have fun with your new business! I have a successful, growing Quixtar/Britt Worldwide business that I tend to drift in and out of, as far as actively building it. It's great to interact with other like minded, entrepreneurial adults! And I actually love meeting strangers (actually, I consider them all potential new friends). I'm sure you'll love it, and do great.
What's Quixtar/Britt Worldwide? I don't think I've heard of that one. I have quite a tendency toward entrepreneurialism (that's a lot of vowels!), and we have a couple of small (very small :LOL) businesses now. This will be the first where I'll be responsible for actually making sales, etc. The others, if something happens, great; if not, it's one less thing to worry about on taxes. In fact, the photo/photo card business we started 18 months ago and filed on last year we probably won't have to file on at all this year. We didn't make any transactions, as far as I recall. Anyhow, so this'll be a whole new game, but I think it'll be good. I am getting more out of my shell these days and approaching strangers in the "potential friend" category. Now if I can just mention the business when I talk to them! :LOL

Quote:
Your talk of CA reminded me that we also have a moving update, sort of... (Best of luck on that, by the way!) The head hunter called today about the job in Phoenix dh's been interviewing for. Apparently they are very interested in him (of course, why wouldn't they be? lol) and want to offer him a contract. I'm sure a trip for him to meet the Phoenix folks is coming soon. We may not get to take that church seminar in March I signed up for this weekend, after all! Tonight dh's parents said the housing market in Phx is going nuts -- people selling their house the same day it's listed! Values going up double in just 3 years! It's a housing frenzy there now, which is too bad. We won't be able to play yet. We missed a big chance to make money on housing when we moved here, too. Grrr.
How exciting! I hope it all goes well. Would you be moving that soon? There are all sorts of things I saw on the calendar at church that I said, "Well, we might not be here for that..." or "Might miss the last half of it.." I hope you find a good place to live there. That market sounds just crazy! Keep us posted!

Old 01-11-2005, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mandy - my dr said I could just open up an acidophilus pill I take and give T some of the powder on my finger. I do that every other day or so.

A certain baby was up every 2 hours and then this morning gagged on his post-nasal drip and projectile vomited the contents of his stomach. Needless to say, I'm a bit groggy and fed up this morning.

yawn. j

Old 01-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Poor Jen - You work so hard to get contents into a certain baby's tummy!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:22 PM

Mandy, One ear infections: My close friend is an audiologist. She told me that doctors don't have the right equipment to see the early stages of an ear infection. The tests she does show fliud in the ears much earlier than the doctor can see it with his/her instruments. That may be why you go in one week and the doctor says no ear infection and the next week...low and behold- ear infection! Just a thought! :-)

Wow! You guys were really posting last night! It's been a while since this board has seen that much action in one night!

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm still trying to nurture my friend's baby. Took her 30 minutes to fall asleep today while crying in my arms. I laid down with her....my friend would not approve! But, she hates that portable crib they want me to put her in!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama
Poor Jen - You work so hard to get contents into a certain baby's tummy!
I agree

Heather, that's too funny. I finally got some more sleep...

You can see Quixtar here... It's a cool internet mall. I love that I can buy stuff from myself instead of a big mall (same name brand stuff, often), and if others shop my store, I get a bonus for sending business to Quixtar's mall! It grows exponentially when my customers decide to open their own internet store, too. I also like that it's all self-contained, and the site handles all the details and paperwork and ordering for me. www.quixtar.com, my IBO/IMC number is 1482309. (You would enter as a guest and browse around. You wouldn't need my number until you registered for free as a client, or opened your own store.)

OK, William is "eating" my arm. And I need a shower. Gotta scoot!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Ear Infections-
Have you tried garlic oil? It does work, don't ask me "how" :LOL but it does. Take some olive oil and lightly brown some garlic cloves in it. Allow to cool , put a drop or two in ear couple times a day. Works. DON'T use if the ear drum is perferated. Try to keep her slightly elevated while nursing. Fluid is settling into the canal and not draining into her throat.

Savannah-
I'm slightly jealous of your twins. I'd love to have twins. I nannied twin boys from age 6wks to almost 2 years almost 10 years ago. Wow has time flown. :LOL I loved it. I wouldn't mind being pregnant again. I love being pregnant. I'm NOT ready for another baby yet. :LOL

Oh, if you move to Phoenix, Danica of the Soap Deck (also at Midayfaire.com) is in Mesa and has 1 year old twins.

Those nursing twin pics are awesome. Okay that one mother who was nursing laying on her back with each tin laying *next* to her has no hopes of ever having "perky" boobs again. :LOL Ouch that just looked painful.

Sleeping at night.
Okay two nights ago, Aidan slept from 10:45pm until 5:10 am. Talk about throwing the body's schedule off. Mine didn't know what to do with that much straight sleep. Okay I went to sleep just after midnight but still. It was weird feeling, almost "too much sleep". Okay never thought I'd ever type those words. :LOL :LOL

Jen-
sorry to hear about your night and day so far. Hope T is feeling better for the rest of it.

Wipes and stink.
We use a wipes warmer (actually we have several, one at each changing station) and only had a stink problem when I used tap water. Back in the beginning... 3.5 years ago. Once I always used eithe boiled tap water or distilled water... no more stink problems.

Maybe wash them all in hot water with a little Chlorox2? I did that a couple on months ago when Jacks diapers got stinky (I think MIL used too much soap).

Aidan is so funny. He was happily chillin' in the swing the other day. Smiling and quiet. Then he started fussing that he wanted out, I was in the middle of a massive stinky diaper change with Jack so he had to wait a couple of minutes. He still wasn't really crying, just fussing. When I walked up to him in the swing as I leaned down to get him out... he was grumping a little, he saw me SMILED really big and laughed for a second and BAM angry kabuki baby face and a full on scream like "GET ME OUT OF HERE!". :LOL I was in the process of getting him out too, just not fast enough for the little prince. Then as soon as he was out and up against my shoulder... quiet smiley baby.

Okay his Royal Majesty is beckoning...
Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Well, he had a one-hour nap this AM and now is down for another one. I hope this one is longer than the 45 min afternoon nap he took yesterday the sandman has been following me around today throwing grains of sand into my eyes, but he can just take his sand and shove it because I need some alone time despite how tired I may be! I promise not to wash any dishes!!!

Thanks for your Samantha, Savannah and Sarah. It's true, I work awfully hard feeding him. Luckily I have found a woman here at MDC who is in the same shoes as me with a kid about a year older, so I can bounce questions and aggravations off of her.

I have committed to watching my friend's 2-month-old next week while she goes to the dentist so that I can leave Tristan with her while I go to the dentist. Am I crazy?

To piggyback onto Samantha's garlic oil suggestion, I saw at the co-op a dropper bottle of garlic+mullein oil. I know that mullein is also an infection-drawing herb. That would be my lazy way out.

'k, I'm going to go have some ME TIME before Tristan decides that he doesn't want to sleep anymore. I'm wondering if it's the co-sleeper... he has never had problems with naps in it before. Nothing should be wrong - he has a clean, dry fleece pocket dipe on, he nursed to sleep so his belly should be somewhat full, he is asleep on a sheepskin, covered with 2 light blankets and has a shirt that I wore for the past 3 days to snuggle up with... so we've got clean butt, full tummy, warmth and mama's smell. I tell ya that would work for me!

j

Old 01-11-2005, 05:48 PM

Similisan makes really good homeopathic ear drops too. They seem to work just as well as my garlic mullein oil. but don't stain as badly. I warm them up just by tossing them in a cup of warm water for about 15 mins - or in the bath with Jack!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 PM

Sounds like you've covered all your bases, Jen! Good luck. Hope you get some ME time!! I'm enjoying a little right now.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You can see Quixtar here... It's a cool internet mall. I love that I can buy stuff from myself instead of a big mall (same name brand stuff, often), and if others shop my store, I get a bonus for sending business to Quixtar's mall! It grows exponentially when my customers decide to open their own internet store, too. I also like that it's all self-contained, and the site handles all the details and paperwork and ordering for me. www.quixtar.com, my IBO/IMC number is 1482309. (You would enter as a guest and browse around. You wouldn't need my number until you registered for free as a client, or opened your own store.)
That's pretty cool! I'd never heard of it before. I have a similar store with CafePress where they handle all of the ordering, printing, shipping, etc. I design products and update my site. It's awfully nice to have something that sort of runs itself! Though as little as I do with it lately, I'm always surprised when something sells! :LOL That might be a neat idea for the shirts you were designing, too. I've wanted to get some CDing designs up, but haven't come up with anything cute yet.

Jen, glad T is finally sleeping! Hope you enjoy some "me time," too!

I've got both my boys sleeping at the moment... it's a wonderful thing when they both go down! Though it can be quite a struggle to get them both down at the same time. Whew. Now to decide if I put away laundry that's been waiting, or rest, or.... who knows? Sleep sounds good!

User Tag List