June '04 Mamas - is it really February? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 442 Old 02-27-2005, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey there! I sent Dan & Ben over to my Dad's to get me a tool I need so I thought I'd take a break and cool off from my sweaty work. Weve got the final wall cleaned up and ready for the drywall, I think it will really get done today!

Donna, I love hte new family pic, it's gorgeous! Good healing Ju-Ju to your MIL!! OH, BTW, are you gonna be at hte LLL convention this year? I'm trying to decide if I can make it.

Whoops, they're back, so I'd better get back to work!! Happy Sunday all!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#422 of 442 Old 02-27-2005, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rowan has his first fever, and a runny nose. His temp is 101.7. He's pretty happy though, just a little clingier than usual, and has been nodding off while nursing more than usual too.

I am looking at the relay. I know it's expensive but dh's business is expanding so we do need to think about a larger vehicle for cargo space. We're also looking at the Honda Element since I can't bring myself to get a worse car as regards gas mileage. To me that's the most important issue. However, the Element still only has five seats. And my saturn SL1 has the most cramped back seat in automotive history, I'm sure. As my dd gets taller (past 5'2" already and only 11) it's not going to last forever. I have been reasonably happy with saturn but the mileage on the relay is really not great. Since we have virtually no disposable income right now, this is all idle talk.
#423 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 AM

Hi ladies,
well, i've been lurking for many months now, on and off. I was an avid writer around when my first ds was born, but since then haven't had much time. You guys are such a great group of mamas, and it's so relaxing to read your stories and your babies' stories.
My dh was diagnosed with a rare type of bone marrow cancer about 8months ago... first there was diabetes, then neuropathy (numbness tingling in his toes and fingers which progressed to total muscle atrophy in his legs making it impossible to go up the stairs and ultimately unable to walk), then there was the big bump on the back of his head. Finally doctors figured out what it was, did craniotomy (surgery on the skull), chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Now we're getting ready for a bone marrow transplant. It's actually starting this week; he will be hospitalized on Friday for about a month.

We're doing pretty good, considering. We have lots of support. My mom flew out here from India to help me... His mom and sister come every Friday and stay through to Sunday every weekend. Lots of love and support from family and friends. He has also had to stay home from his work now, so he's been able to see the kids grow and learn up close, instead of just hearing about it from me when he comes home. It's been so precious.

My 8month old Nitai is doing many of the things your babies are doing. Its so fun knowing he's not alone in his 'antics'. Climbing all around while nursing... sticking his butt high up in the air. Also climbing all over me in the rocking chair when it's time to go to sleep. I've starting feeding a bit of solids, organic brown rice cereal with breastmilk. Some mashed veggies, bananas, etc. He absolutely loves to eat. Which is so different from my first, who was and still is super picky. Nitai'll grab everyone's food off their plates, stick it in his mouth and not choke. It's hilarious.
He's also moving quite fast... not really crawling, but pulling himself forward. He loves to stand as well. He also experiments with picking stuff up with one hand, while holding onto and standing with the other hand. He says bababa and mamama and blah blah blah (no kidding!). loves to blow raspberries. Oh yeah and he has one tooth, with another one on the way.

I recognize some of you from when I used to write a lot on here about 2-3yrs ago, mattjule, eilonwy, rubelin. Isn't it awesome to see the interaction between the older kids and the new babies. It's so precious how older ds lights up when baby is awake, and how baby get's so excited when older ds comes in the room. Of course, because of this it's impossible to keep them sleeping for very long in the morning, cuz they both get so wired up by seeing each other. But, I guess I'll get my sleep when they're teenagers.

Anyhow, just wanted to write something. I dont know if I will be able to keep up on the writing... but it's awesome reading your posts and wish us some luck and pray for us.
take care,
gopi
#424 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Banned

OMG Gopi! What a lot of stuff to go through for a family with a new baby! Biggest s I have. I'll keep your dh in my thoughts.

I don't have time to write-gotta get in the shower!
#425 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 03:48 AM

Hi everyone! Am also a june '04 mama and looking for other mommies to talk with. Still unsure about all the abbreviations and some smilies. Please give me advice on how to get the most out of this.
What's going on with Jackson.....
he is crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on everything, starting to walk around while holding on, still loving to eat (hasn't met a food he doesn't like), still exclusively breastfeeding, no words but LOTS of babble, going through total separation anxiety (HELP!) and not going to sleep so easily anymore (another HELP) ....

Might need to adjust Jackson's schedule.... please give me some examples of your schedules.... and of course, any suggestions
#426 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 04:44 AM

Hello!

I'm not really sure what BooBah's schedule is, only that she sleeps when she's tired and needs a lot less sleep than I would like her too. :LOL

Gopi-- I hope all goes well with the transplant. I can't imagine going through all that right now.

BeanBean hurt his knee today and if it still looks nasty in the morning I'm going to have to have it seen. I'm so freaking depressed about this. Aside from the money (we still don't have our refund yet?!), there's the fact that BeanBean never wants to see the dr again because of his stitch, and that I'm going to get my period any minute now and am completely exhausted as a result-- I really wanted to spend tomorrow relaxing. I dunno. We'll see how it looks in the morning and go from there.

I think the worst thing about it is that if it was my knee, I'd just wrap it up and try to stay off of it for a while, and I know that there's no way in hell that that will work with BeanBean. I mean, he's *2* and he's a very active 2; how can I get him to keep off of his leg without listening to him scream bloody murder all day?

I knitted a pair of longies for BooBah to wear now; they've got much shorter legs but there's still plenty of grow-room. Have I mentioned that BooBah has really short legs? :LOL Her inseam right now, even without a diaper, is no more than 6". With a diaper, it's barely 5". I measured, and then measured the pants and thought the legs looked really short, but when I held them up to BooBah they looked just right. I'm going to do an experimental ruffle on the buns. :LOL

My leg still hurts, but only when someone (usually BeanBean) touches it. It also itches a lot which I know is a good sign but it drives me crazy because it's way too tender to scratch.

I met a homeschooler at Meeting this morning. I also left BeanBean in nursery for a little while (he was the only child there) with a very sweet woman. She stayed with him and played with him and I told her that I've never really left him with anyone and that he's still nursing and he seems very independant but he's very attached in a lot of ways (pretty much just like that; I was kind of nervous about leaving my Bean). She promised to come get me if he showed any signs of being upset, so I went to the Meeting and sat down for nearly 15 minutes before she came to get me. BeanBean had been asking for me, and she said she just brought him up rather than let him have a bad experience. I stayed with him the rest of the time, I just sat quietly and read and he came up and patted me and nursed twice and the rest of the time he played with the other mamma. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience.

I really like the Meeting. Everyone's totally impressed that I'm tandem nursing, and with how easy BooBah is and how relaxed and happy BeanBean is. Mike likes it a lot, too. I'm so glad I kicked him into doing this. :LOL

It just struck me that since BeanBean's haircut, we actually look like this: :2toddler: I've got super short, very dark hair and BeanBean's got short, brown hair. If I had skinny yellow arms, that'd be me! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#427 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Welome to the new mamas!!

Gopi ~ ((( ))) I will be thinking good thoughts for your DH and your whole family. I think it's so wonderful that you are able to appreciate the beauty of your DH being home to see your children play and learn during such a difficult time.

jacksonsmommy ~ Not much of a regular schedule here. Well...I mean there is and there isn't. We kind of have a daily rhythm...but I couldn't tell you what time she will eat, sleep etc. It sort of depends how the night goes, what time she wakes up and then there are a bunch of other variables that get thrown in like if I have to go somewhere early in the day or if we are spending the day at home.

Generally Lily is taking three naps a day. Sometime in the morning, sometime around mid-day/early afternoon and then one in the late afternoon/early evening. Sometimes two of those naps get smooshed together for one long nap and one shortish one.

In the morning she's usually good for some play alone time in her pack n play, exersaucer or bumper jumper (which is how I'm on MDC right now ).

Once she wakes up from her evening nap, she wants to be held non-stop (thank goodness for back-packs). I could never even think of putting her alone to play after 5 o'clock.

And what happens in between is anyone's guess!

She tends to go to bed sometime between 9-11. She's sleeping best snuggled right up next to me and is nursing several times in the night, but generally not really waking up...unless she accidentally pops off the boobie...then she gets very sad.

Anyway...welcome mamas!

Rynna ~ Glad your leg is doing better.

Julie ~ You are not going to believe this? I *JUST* found your Christmas card this weekend!!! I was going through a pile of papers that had gotten shoved in the office when we were "cleaning" and I found this beautiful envelope that was not yet opened. I'm so at myself for being so unorganized but it was also a really neat surprise!! Your boys are SOOO beautiful and I the card you made!!!

I better go eat some breakfast while she's content. DH is in the shower and I'm hoping when he comes out that I can get out for a little skiing before we get rain tonight and the snow is ruined.
#428 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Last edited by eilonwy : Today at 02:48 AM.
Were you up by choice or by child? :LOL
#429 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You know it's going to be a long day when you wake up at the end of your rope. Last night I went to bed around 9:15, slept for a few hours, nursed Caitlin. I just started to doze off when Roland woke up needing a snuggle, crawled into bed with him. Just started to doze off again, Caitlin woke up. Nursed Caitlin, just dozed off again, morning. Lovely.

Welcome to the New Mamas!!! The more the merrier! Gopi, I love watching the kids together, too. Their favourite game right now is "Row row row your boat" The way we sing it, the last half goes "If you see a crocodile, Don't forget to scream!! Aaaaahhh!" So Caitlin lets out shrieks through the whole thing, between the belly laughs

Our schedule IF things go the way I like: Roland gets up QUIETLY at 5:30, and goes straight to the kitchen because he can hear DH in there, and I sleep in with the baby until 6 or 6:15. I get up to see DH off, and Caitlin stays asleep until 7 - 7:30. We all play & nurse/eat whenever we're hungry. Caitlin might take a 1/2 hour snooze on my lap mid-morning. We get up to something for the day (preferably a walk that includes a trip to the playground) Home again, and caitlin takes a nap around 2 - 4. Kevin gets home at 3, and I start on dinner shortly thereafter unless theres leftovers. We have supper at 4 - 4:30. We watch the 5 o-clock news, and then get Roland ready for bed. He's usually asleep by 7, and Caitlin is usually asleep by 8.

Now, IF Roland wakes up 1/2 hour earlier, Kevin is still in bed, so he comes down to our room, demanding that we give him a snuggle, make him breakfast, turn on the TV (which I let him watch a bit of, given the ungodly hour we get up!), etc... Then Caitlin gets woken up, and she fusses until about 7 - 7:30, then takes a giant 3 hour nap in the morning, and will only take little snoozes on my lap for the rest of the day. On these days, she goes to bed at 6:30 - 7, but wakes frequently until I go to bed (usually around 10)

I guess I'd better go deal with reality now that I've got a cup of coffee in me...

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#430 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 11:34 AM

Hi new mamas! Gopi, I really hope things go well with your dh's transplant. Does he have multiple myeloma? It must be amazingly difficult to go through all this with two small children.

Jacksonsmommy, as far as schedules, we just have a very loose, flexible one. Ds naps twice a day. First nap is about 2 1/2 hours after he wakes up. It's a short one, usually about 45 minutes. Then he has a mid-afternoon nap that lasts anywhere from 1 1/2-3 hours. Mealtimes, he just eats when hungry, like the rest of us!

Erin, did you try the crib again last night? I'm wondering what to do about sleeping arrangements. I think I want to get dd a twin mattress to put on the floor next to our bed. Then I would try ds in the toddler bed that is sidecar-ed to our bed. Sometimes I think he would sleep better without me right next to him. Of course, I could still be close enough to touch him, but no right on top of him. It's not like he sleeps poorly right next to me. Ugh! I just don't know!

Rynna, keep us updated about BeanBean's leg! Poor little guy. I can't believe BooBah's inseam! How adorable! :LOL

Quote:
"If you see a crocodile, Don't forget to scream!! Aaaaahhh!"
That is hilarious! I'll have to sing it that way with dd. She'd get a real kick out of it!
#431 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Banned

Schedule...when it was just Tain and I, we didn't have a set schedule, though at this age one certainly developed. With 2, I really need one or I forget to feed Tain, etc. So The boys and I get up between 7-8 am, dh sleeps in. I get Tain breakfast and Ro eagerly plays on the floor. Then the morning is a free for all. Tain is in his bedroom playing on the computer right now and Ro crawled in there from the living room. Some days Tain watches PBS in the morning. Ro will get fussy in a few hours and take a catnap. Then we have lunch. The boys are taking a nap between 12-1 lately and they both sleep about 2 hours, though the last 2 days Ro hasn't wanted his long nap until 4 so I spend a lot of time nursing, attempting to lie down, having him wake 15 minutes later. (Very frustrating!!) We have dinner and dh gets home. Tain has just transitioned to his own bed and dh puts him to bed now. He goes down later than I'd like, but it helps if he is super tired so he's been going to sleep around 11pm, Ro goes down about the same time so that explains the long afternoon naps. Ro catnaps about 4-5 times a day, usually about 20 minutes long. After the kids go down, dh and I usually stay up for a little bit, I try to go to sleep at midnight. On a side note, Tain took 2 3-hour naps at this age-and I couldn't lay him down. He also slept 8-10 hours a night. My mom thought he had something wrong with him. gotta go, trapped Ro...
#432 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Hello & Welcome to all the newbies!

Gopi- I'll be thinking of you and your dh. I hope all goes well w/ the transplant. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Schedules....well we sort of have one. It really depends on the day and what the "planned" activities are. The things that pretty much remain the same are, the kids are awake between 7 & 7:30. We eat breakfast around 8:00, lunch around noon and dinner around 5:30. Lily usually takes a 30+ minutes nap in my arms in the morning and an hour + nap in the afternoon, usually in the sling at whatever activity her sisters are at. Sometimes she naps in my bed if we are home. The older two are usually in bed by 8 and Lily snuggles/nurses until I go to bed although sometimes she goes down in her crip for an hour or so when her sisters go to bed.

We are expecting 10 to 15 inches of snow between this afternoon and tomorrow. I'm going to try and take the girls to the library after lunch to get the next book in the Little House series. We've almost finished "Little House in the Big Woods". We have been reading it at night and whenever we have some snuggle time in the afternoon. We've been snuggling in my bed at night while I read a chapter or two and Maddie has been falling asleep during the second chapter.

Stay warm everyone!
#433 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Hi and !

Gopi, all good thoughts your way.

Schedules: R gets up between 6:30/7am, she plays while I check VM, email etc & eat breakfast until about 8:30, she naps around 9am for 45mins-1 1/2 hrs while I do work (or surf MDC!) beside her in bed, after her first nap we go do our active things for the day (work during the week, swim class or shopping on the weekends, or lots of play at home), her second nap is at about 1pm and lasts about an hour, hour and a half (again I stay with her and work), then we do some more work around the house, walk the dogs, DH takes over while I eat dinner and get a bath, then we do bedtime around 6:30pm and she is usually asleep between 7:30 & 8. She nurses to sleep and about every hour when she's awake. Our schedule does vary depending on when she's sleepy etc but since I am dragging her all over the place with me, I try to make sure she hits her naps at home.

WBC went well. I love my ped. She told me she didn't think there was anything particularly to worry about with R and solid food, except that we could watch for a gluten intolerance, and that she was growing and developing well. She's 18lbs14oz and 28 3/4 inches, and we should have the results from the lead screening at the end of the week.
#434 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 02:42 PM

Hey everybody. Welcome new mommas!

Gopi, wow, best wishes and prayers sent your way. I can't fathom. So glad you have some peace about the situation.

We had a really wonderful weekend. DH and I got along spectacularily and I even managed to "take a few for the team". That has made things so much more pleasant around here. Anyway, I've felt really connected with both kids and DH and am just so very grateful for it. My house is even fairly clean!

Only blight on the whole day is that it's ugly and rainy out and I have to find my cell phone! It's a tracfone and I've got to renew it by tomorrow or I'll have to pay all kinds of reactivation fees and I can't find the darn thing anywhere. I know it's somewhere between the van and the house. On the positive side, DH found the rain coat he lost six months ago (in his truck, he's such a slob about the truck). And I found Isabel's vest and jeans that we lost about a month ago (in the dress up clothes drawer...I'm such a slob). So now if I can just find her pink cowboy boots and my cell phone, that'll be everything that's missing (for right now anyway!)

Schedules....Flora usually wakes between 7-8. She may take a nap in the mid morning like about 11ish. That's never predictable. When she does really get to sleep, I invitably have to wake her to go get Isabel from school. Then, depending on what we have going on, she might get another nap late afternoon about 4ish. I can usually count on one of these naps to be an hour or so. But Flora has many many things out to ruin her nap...Isabel, the cat, the dog. They all love to disturb her. She goes to sleep around 8-9 but wakes frequently for nursies until I go to bed beside her. I'm generally up by 6:00 and in bed by 12:00. So she sleeps really soundly for about 6 hours and the rest of the time she's waking up b/c I'm not right beside her....but she always nurses right back to sleep.

Okay, got to go get Miss Isabel.
#435 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey, what a "treat", I actually get to be on the computer in the middle of the day When I was getting ready to go pick up Ben, I discovered that Dan had taken my car keys! It took over 20 minutes for me to track him down (he was in a meeting and I guess his cell was on his desk!) but he had to go get Ben and bring him all the way home. It was annoying to not be able to find him but at least he's the one who's day is messed up

Welcome to the newbies! Gopi, what part of so cal are you in?? I'm in West LA, North Inglewood, to be exact. I send good transplant vibes to your DH!

We have a very loose schedule around here. Kieran is usually the first awake between 6 and 7 and his cooing wakes up Ben soon after. Dan and I switch off who gets up with them and whoever's turn it is takes them into the LV and turns on Sesame Street and finds some breakfast (and when it's Dan's turn, he usually falls asleep on the couch with them until I get up and kick him into the shower) Dan & Ben leave for school/work around 9 (though they often don't get out of the house until 9:30, which is when Ben is supposed to be at school) Kieran and I putz around for a while doing whatever needs to be done and he usually naps around 9:30 0r 10, depending on how early he woke up. He's starting to go a lot longer between naps, though, and most of last week when Ben was home from school he took a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day, which is impossible when we have to go pick up Ben at lunch time. We have to leave by 11:45 so I'm usually needing to wake him up to put him in the car, which does not go over very well We usually hang out at the playground for a while, unless we have errands, and come home around 2. Kieran takes a longer afternoon nap around 3 or so. While he sleeps, I try to make dinner and Ben watches CyberChase. Bedtime routine starts around 7, sometimes I can get Kieran to bed while Ben watches a movie but often I just get them both ready and we read stories until Dan gets home closer to 8. I really want bedtime to be earlier cause Ben needs lots of sleep yet won't sleep later than about 7am. So the boys are usually asleep by 8:30 and then Dan & I stay up until past midnight. Now that my workroom is almost done (and they have scrambled HGTV again ) I'll work in the evenings and Dan always wants to play his stupid WoW. Gosh, I am so tired thinking about my day, I should go nap with Kieran, lol!

Oh, I think Dan & Ben are home now, better get off the machine. Hope your weeks are starting better!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#436 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 06:02 PM

Welcome new mamas!!

Robin, yes, I absolutely WILL be at the conference. I am doing the registration again this year, so dh and I will definitely be there. It would be so incredibly cool to meet you! I know of a couple of other mamas who will be there. I can not wait!!!!! Let me know when you decide if you can come. Anybody else in So Cal? The conference is going to be in Costa Mesa.

Landen has decided that 6:00am is a good time to wake up, every morning. I am desperately trying to convince him otherwise. I am dead tired today. I think I will try to take a nap. Yeah, try being the operative word!!!!

I am sorry I hardly have time to respond to everyone. I feel selfish. I promise to try to read more each day, and respond.
#437 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm on the other coast but I will be going to my first LLL conference at the beginning of April!

DH is coming with me and we're making it a family vacation...staying in a hotel for two nights!

Is anyone else having major resistance during diaper changes?

Lil is starting to have these well...they basically seem like temper tantrums but I kind of thought she was too young for those.

She screams when we lay her on her back, turns over, tries to crawl away. If we sit her up (which used to work) she arches her back and thrusts her whole body back (sometimes hitting her head on the table or the wall if we're not quick enough to catch her )

I try to give her some nakey time every day and I also try not to be rushed or forceful during diaper changes but she's clearly unhappy with the whole process and it seems to be getting worse.
#438 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama
Lil is starting to have these well...they basically seem like temper tantrums but I kind of thought she was too young for those.
We have had a couple of temper tantrums here too. This morning Maddie gave Lily a honey wheat pretzel rod in the car and when I took it away you would have thought I was trying to kill her. She threw a wicked fit. She most certainly has a hot temper! All three of my girls do. Man I wish they didn't inherit that from my mom's side!
#439 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Banned

Robin-is that World of Warcraft? I am so jealous!!! dh and I would love to have it but can't justify the monthly cost considering how little we would probably be able to play. I have heard it is really fun. If you have g4 tv (it's a cable channel) where you are, they just did a LAN party with WoW on The Screensavers. It was silly, but they got everyone who was watching the show to make their character jump. It was kind of cool. God, I sound like such a geek!

I just met a new MDC mom in my area! We were supposed to meet up today but ended up at different parks. So we are going to try again tomorrow. But we had an effortless conversation over the phone for an hour! I am so excited, I could really use another friend.

Today was playdate and no one showed but me. A friend lives a block away from the park and I REALLY had to pee so Tain and I walked over to her house thinking her mom would let me use her bathroom. Well, as we were knocking on the door, she drove up. We were both excited, thinking that they would walk back to the park with us (her son is Tain's ONLY friend) but it turned out she had completely forgotten about playdate and had already made plans with another friend. She invited us along, but I don't really like her friend and I have an intense dislike of the friend's two children. So I declined. As we were walking back to the park, Tain realized he wasn't going to play with his friend and he burst into tears. He was so heartbroken and I felt so horrible for him. He was crying in a way that just made you ache. We got to the park and I sat down to nurse Ro, Tain curled up next to me and cried saying "Need nurse too...need nurse too" so after Ro was done I nursed him. And he hadn't forgotten how. He nursed on both sides and that soothed his soul and he and I played and laughed for a while before heading home. Anyway, long story short, he needs more than one friend. I am not upset with my friend, if she had made plans with me and another friend showed up at her door, I would expect her to act the exact same way. The situation today just really illustrated how much a depend on her to provide Tain with a playmate. And he needs peers more than she probably wants to be with us. Every day is a little much.

I also discovered that my dial tone no longer stutters when I have voice mail. I checked my box this morning and I had 12 messages over the last 2 weeks! I am so irritated. Most of them were from dh telling me he loved me , but some were things that needed to be taken care of or ppl that should have been called back. Ugh. I HATE voicemail. I would much rather have an answering machine.

I met with a potential vendor for the carrier and got a lot of good advice. It was nice to here the retail side of cost, etc and she was great at giving me tips about what she thought would sell the best. She is also not in a huge hurry so I don't have to push myself or my kids so hard. Overall, life is looking up...
#440 of 442 Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 PM

It's snowing, and it's really coming down! We're supposed to get 6-9 inches between early this afternoon (when I think it started) and late tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like we've already got 6 or 7 inches on the ground. Mike went to the grocery store with BeanBean and is (hopefully) just crawling along the road.

I've been having such long days with the kids lately... I'm so freaking tired. I actually took a nap yesterday, and that almost never happens. Usually, when I have the opportunity to sleep, I try to get a million things done but I just collapsed. So I was up until a hideous hour last night, but I'd had a nap so it was okay. Not perfect, but okay.

Miss BooBah is not really into playing by herself. She's more relaxed than BeanBean, but she has to be able to see me all the time; if I get up to go to the bathroom and don't take her with me, she won't let me put her down for hours. She also doesn't nap much at all-- 2.5 hours altogether during the day, if she's not sick, and then she goes to sleep at 11 pm and wakes up around 7, bright eyed and bushy-mini'd. :LOL

She's not really a fan of diaper changes unless she's poopy or tired; she hates to be poopy and will let you know right away that she's gone, but she doesn't mind being wet unless she's trying to fall asleep. She absolutely refuses to sleep in a wet diaper, and who can blame her? :LOL I sure as heck wouldn't! She absolutely loves the longies-- now I just have to find some diaper pins. There should be about three dozen. You'd think that in such a small apartment we'd be able to find everything... :LOL :

Mike may not go to work tomorrow; like I said, the snow is really coming down. If he stays home, he says he wants to clean. I don't know if I believe him, but I was smart enough not to say that when he brought it up. :LOL

BeanBean's knee looked a lot better this morning. It's still kind of purple, but he says it only hurts when he pokes it. Hopefully he hasn't done anything permanent to it, but since this is the third major injury in as many weeks, I will probably call his dr and ask his opinion sometime this week.

I made chicken soup yesterday. Mike asked, "Where are the matza balls?" Why don't you ask your son and daughter, who spent every moment they could on top of me? I'd tell him to make them himself, but his matza balls turn out yucky. I don't know why, but they do.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#441 of 442 Old 03-01-2005, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I made chicken soup yesterday. Mike asked, "Where are the matza balls?" Why don't you ask your son and daughter, who spent every moment they could on top of me?
:LOL

Oh besides diaper changing tantrums...another new development...

BITING me while nursing!! : : :

The first time she did it I screamed out of total shock (and pain). Other times I've been able to stay more calm and just unlatch her and say 'NO'. It's a yucky feeling though. I nursing and all of the sudden I am not looking foward to it at all.

She also likes to pop off and tweak my nipple. Another :

I know we'll work through this but right now it's
#442 of 442 Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page