Forum Jump: 

#241 of 442 Old 02-14-2005, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedling
Flora does some nipple tugging too.

Teeth. Okay, my MIL (who is so wonderful she used her whole lunch hour to drive over here and drop off V-day for the kids) works for a pediatric dentist. I asked her to ask the dentist about the teeth. He said that teeth usually come in in order, that it is really unusual for them not to come in in order. And that it could indicate that she is missing some teeth! I know, not really a big deal, but still. So he said that I could bring her in for an xray at Isabel's next cleaning so that I would know one way or the other. That's not until late March so we have some time for the teeth to pop out on their own. I don't know how I feel about the xray thing. He also said it's usually hereditary to have missing teeth and that's not the case in either family. In fact, my sister and I both had too many teeth and had to have teeth pulled as kids. I know, not a big deal. They can fix teeth right up these days and we do have free dental care for the kids (one of MIL's perks). We'd probably have to pay for anything extensive but at least the basics would be covered. But poor baby. Dental work is not fun.
Caitlins teeth are coming in in a strange order aswell. She's got the bottom front, but not the top front. The two on either side of the top front are coming in. My dentist said that teeth sometimes just come in in a different order & not to worry about it, they'll all come in eventually. My sister only had 3 baby teeth between her incisors on the bottom, but all the adult ones came in.

What would they do with the information from the x-ray?

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#242 of 442 Old 02-14-2005, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest dd's teeth came in in a weird order. She didn't get her first tooth until she was 10 months old and then she got her bottom two and then her top "fangs". She looked like Eddie Munster! :LOL We called her fang! She stayed w/ just those 4 teeth for a couple of months.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!
#243 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 05:02 AM

In my sister's ex's family, the boys all get their top teeth first instead of their bottom teeth. They all come in, but the top teeth come first. It's a weird family thing.

In my family, teeth come in in order but, as a general rule, late. My brother didn't have any teeth at all until he was 15 months old, and then he got 8 in about a week. One of my sisters was 10 months old, and I think the other was 13 months old. I was right on time, and got my first tooth at 7 months. I wasn't terribly worried about BeanBean's teeth, and he got them right on time except for his 2-year-old molars, which haven't come in yet. I'm not worried about BooBah, either; she still hasn't got any sign of a tooth. :LOL

Nipple tugging-- Do yourself a favor and nip this habit in the bud, while it's still just attention grabbing and "cute." I made the mistake of giggling a bit and smiling when BeanBean smiled up at me... then he got older, got teeth and started reaching to play with the other nipple. He became a major twiddler! By then, it was too late to get him a nursing necklace and it was a real PITA to break him of the habit. When I got pregnant with BooBah, it became more imperative that I break him of the habit and I had such a hard time with it and was just miserable. I can remember going to LLL and asking for advice and being told that all I could do was take him off the breast when he started twiddling or tugging. That never worked with him! He started biting to end nursing sessions, or tugging for the same reason. I ended up holding his hands while I nursed him, and teaching him to say "finished!" when he finished (which he still does ) and to put the nursie away (pull my shirt back down) to end the nursing session.

Anyway, the tugging isn't so bothersome at this age, it doesn't really hurt when BooBah does it (unless I'm super thrushy that day) but I actively discourage her from tugging, biting, or twidling. I am teaching her to "mind your own nursie" as I taught BeanBean to mind his. Now when he latches on, he often says, "I got my own nursie. That's BooBah's nursie. This is mine. Mind my own nursie!" :LOL That's the spirit! He also tells his sister to mind her own nursie.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#244 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the strange order stories. Makes it seem less unusual. Mum, did your sister go her entire early childhood with those few teeth? Did she develop any speech problems? My concern is mostly the idea of Flora walking around with missing teeth for 5 to 6 years. I hate the idea of her having speech problems as a result. Mum, your question, what would we do with the xrays, is a good one. If she doesn't have more teeth by the end of March, I'm going to talk to the doctor about what we'd do if she did indeed have missing teeth. And then base the decision about the xrays on that. If the answer is, do nothing for a while, then I'm going to skip the xrays. Again, my main concern is the speech thing. So I would guess nothing would need to be done until she was 2ish. It's so strange that she's developing molars before anything else.

I'm really wanting to go back to bed. I've not felt rested in days and man, I want to go back to bed. Too much to do today though...I'm touring a school for Isabel and I've got to squeeze some major work in. Wish there were two of me.
#245 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedling
Thanks for the strange order stories. Makes it seem less unusual. Mum, did your sister go her entire early childhood with those few teeth? Did she develop any speech problems?
I don't think I was clear... she had ALL her teeth EXCEPT for one of the ones between her incisors on the bottom... so she had 3 there instead of 4. The first time my mom knew of it was when the dentist told her not to worry, that she had 4 tooth buds in her gums for her adult teeth, and mom was She didn't brush our teeth so she'd never looked all that closely!

#246 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 12:27 PM

I'm feeling really burned out this morning. Between the teeth and what I think must be R's way of expressing her separation anxiety, I feel like I've been living with a cranky baby for weeks. What is really killing me is I can't leave her sleeping in bed alone to go pee--she wakes up just screaming, even if DH is in bed with her, even in the middle of the night when she's in a deep sleep. I almost think I should take her to the ped to rule out other causes. We have a well-baby check on the 28th, I may just stick it out until then because I really don't think its anything medical.

It may be worse because both her grandmas were here this weekend, maybe that was a lot of change for her. She was cranky even playing on the floor with them if I was doing something else. She is fine if I am playing with her, or if DH is with her. I feel like I should just give into this as best I can for now.
#247 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 12:51 PM

Yes, I am also really burning out. I am SO TIRED. I am even using sposies despite my diehard views, so now I am a hypocrite on top of everything else.

Actually I got a little done in the yard the last two days, and I'm going to home depot now for a few things, but I just feel I can't "catch up" with the bills, k's schooling, my own work-am I ever going back?!, seeing friends, vacuuming so I can breathe....I don't understand it and the baby seems suddenly so old, like where did the newborn days go? I need to go back! Or have another!

Probably just need some rest more than anything. A good night with Rowan would have been a really bad night with Katherine, so the surprise at dealing with it is factored into the exhaustion as well.

At the momen though, K is on the patio, Rowan is in the old stroller, and she is holding a bubble wand in front of a fan. The cats are chasing bubbles and the baby is thrilled and I am just too tired and disorganized to appreciate it all the way I "should." If that even exists. I am lucky not to be busier than I am, like my poor SIL who went back to work 2 weeks postpartum. But I still feel two weeks postpartum, like surely I have plenty of time to enjoy the babymoon still! Last night at dinner (lovely Japanese food, and for the first time in a long while we were at a restaurant where you can sit on the floor- how wonderful with the baby! What a relief!) I realized these babies are heading toward a BIRTHDAY!!!!
#248 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizD
I realized these babies are heading toward a BIRTHDAY!!!!
I realized this yesterday too. We received a 1st birthday invitation for twins that are 3 months older then our babies. I was shocked that she had sent them out so early and then I realized it was only a couple of weeks away. I think I have lost a couple of months. My oldest took great pride in reminding me that if Molly and Carrie were turning one then Lily would be one soo too! She's my last and it seems like it has just flown by. Although I do find myself daydreaming about having girls day out where the girls and I go shopping or to the spa or something fun like that! I think it's going to only get more fun as they get older! I've also had visions of me helping them pick out a wedding dress. It's all so bittersweet. The next time I will be snuggling a familiar newborn it will be my grandchild. Weird!
#249 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizD
]But I still feel two weeks postpartum, like surely I have plenty of time to enjoy the babymoon still! Last night at dinner (lovely Japanese food, and for the first time in a long while we were at a restaurant where you can sit on the floor- how wonderful with the baby! What a relief!) I realized these babies are heading toward a BIRTHDAY!!!!
Just a few minutes ago, I was offline because BooBah was crying and I couldn't figure out what she wanted. She seemed hungry so I kept offering the breast, but she refused. Eventually, I realized something shocking: she was hungry, just not for nursies! She wanted food! I gave her a cracker and she kind of rolled her eyes at me, as if to say "finally!" and now she's munching, happy as a clam.

She has been slowing down on nursing a lot lately; she'd much rather eat food during the day than nurse. She loves drinking from a cup and feeding herself with a spoon or her fingers. This is not helping my resolution to wait until she's two to TTC #3!

She's just so radically different from BeanBean. Even right now if I spent a day offerring him nothing but nursies, he's be thrilled. He likes to eat, don't get me wrong, but given the choice between nursies and anything else, he'll take the nursies 99 times out of 100. The only time he'll prefer food is a) if I'm not around, b) if another family member is eating something, or c) he's already nursed both sides flat and is still hungry. Even then, he'll sometimes choose to stay on the breast rather than get up and get something to eat.

BooBah has finished her cracker, stuck her thumb in her mouth and gone to sleep (she hasn't nursed at all since she woke up except for a minute right after BeanBean woke her up by beaning her with a little stuffed bear ). She's in the sling, but I'm confident that even if she'd been sitting on the bed, floor, or in her brother's nest-basket she'd have done the same thing. It doesn't feel like nearly 8 months have gone by since her birth, but she certainly acts older. I find myself being extra cautious with her not to expect too much, and I find that I have to remind myself that she's just a baby, despite the fact that she thinks she's a toddler. Just like I have to remind myself that BeanBean is a toddler, even though he thinks he's 6.

I don't feel burned out just... kind of sad about the whole thing. I was hoping that I wouldn't feel like they were growing up too quickly until they were both school-aged, but now I find myself looking back and feeling already like I've missed their babyness. Even BooBah! Mike feels intimidated by her intellect, and I just feel like I missed my daughter's infancy... when did it happen? Is that all I get?

#250 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

This morning DH said...wow, in 4 months she will be ONE!

We had friends over Saturday night and Lily sat at the table and ATE much of what we ate!! I made lentils with veggies and brown rice....she LOVED it! She's really into the social aspect of meals and loves going out to restaurants.

She totally scoffs at the sippy cup when I try to give her that and reaches for MY glass of water or tea. She loves chamomile tea, which is good for a cranky teething baby!

Right now she is in her exersaucer looking out the front door (full glass window) and talking -- shrieking -- to the dog! SO cute!!

I'm trying to get my butt motivated to get outside. It's sunny and warm (well for Feb in New England) so we better take advantage of it while we can.
#251 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 PM

We've got a cold. Sore throats & runny noses, mostly, and Roland has a cough. I had to do the water/snot sucker thing on Caitlin this morning because she couldn't even nurse. Boy, did that make her mad!!! It was 4:45am & I thought she was going to wake everyone up, but she didn't (it's only 1/2 hour earlier than usual for us, anyway) She's taking a nap now.

Our counsellors appointment went really well. Kevin is going on an anti-depressant. The counsellor thinks that part of his problem is that he burns himself out stressing about things (anti depressants help with anxiety, too) So we'll see how that goes... we've got another appointment in a week. Oh, and we went out for Greek food for supper after all! It was yummy! Caitlin happily played with my keys through the whole meal.

Off to build a Lego house with Roland...

#252 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned

Valentine's Day...once dh got up we took the kids to the park, then went for a long walk on the trail there, then to Whole Foods. We got lunch, browsed at Best Buy, went back to Whole Foods (they are next to each other) for ice cream, then came home. Both kids napped and we got some time together. We went out later to target for some groceries and ended up eating dinner at Panera. When we were in Target, dh asked me if I thought ppl were looking at us, thinking about how sad it was we were there with our kids on Valentine's Day while everyone else was having a romantic dinner. I told him, they don't know us, they don't know what we've already done today or that we have spend a wonderful, sun-filled day just loving each other and our children. So they can shove it. Seriously, it doesn't sound like much but it was really nice and we both felt like we had really SEEN each other.

My nieces' teeth came in fangs first too.

I don't feel like my babies grew up too fast. They had/are having nice, long infancies. I feel like we really get to enjoy, even get sick of :LOL every stage before we move to the next one. I don't think how early babies or kids do things really has a whole lot to do with intelligence level. Not implying anyone's babies are not intelligent, just that doing things late doesn't imply stupidity. My sister's kids (pregnant smoker, poor nutrition, poor prenatal care, ff, etc) did things a lot earlier than my kids, but I wouldn't say they are smarter.

Tain got a fever last night and made it really hard for me to sleep. He's been asleep for almost 4 hours now. I think it is teeth related, he's on his last 2 molars (thank god!). Ro's second bottom tooth is sure being stubborn! It's right there and really irritating him but just won't break through.

Anyone know if it is harmful to ingest TTO or Lavender oil? I make wipe solution by adding 2 drops of TTO and 2 of Lavender to 1 cup of water. Ro LOVES sucking on wipes with the solution on them and I want to make sure it is safe.

He can crawl, but if he sees me, he will screech instead of move to me. He really wants to walk, but has no idea how to even fully pull himself up. More often than not, he pulls up on things that are too short to become upright then gets furious b/c he can't move. Why he hasn't found the couch is beyond me.

We went to the zoo today and it was so cold! We left before the other moms did, Ro and I weren't having any fun, even if Tain was.

gotta go, grumpy kid.
#253 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 08:23 PM

Julie, when DH & I walked into the restaurant, all I could think of was people around us thinking that they'd paid good money for a babysitter only to have us barge in with our baby.

I agree that babies that do things later aren't any less intelligent. They are just focussed on different things. Caitlin says "ba" when she wants to nurse and calls me "ma ma" She can *nearly* whistle (only a tiny hint of sound comes out) She's figured out that a good shreik gets her brother to move things into arms reach... that takes intelect.

I've got to take a picture of Caitlins teeth... they look cute!

#254 of 442 Old 02-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned

I got a bed for Tain off freecycle!

And this weekend is block-break so I have 3 CONSECUTIVE days with dh

Does life get any better?
#255 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 01:12 PM

The freecycle thing reminds me I meant to cruise the neighborhood last night (bulk garbage night) but didn't get to it. Next week.

Everything I have studied about aromatherapy does say these oils should not be ingested except in doses prescribed by a real (ie European) aromatherapist. Especially children. It might well be harmless; that's just what the books I have here say.

My guy is not crawling or walking but he does love to figure out switches, latches, gadgets, things like that. He adores electric light.
#256 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 01:28 PM

Killy has suddenly become a crawling fiend! He was playing in the living room while I was in the office, but when things got suspiciously quiet after a moment I went to go investigate. He had crawled into the dining room and was trying to pull the nightlight out of the wall. On to babyproofing phase 2!! Another time yesterday, he crawled from the living room into the kitchen, and started pulling pots and pans out of the cabinet. So cute!

We've had a mostly lovely week here, and after a huge fight on Valentine's Day DH has been making a real effort to spend at least 2 hours of time with Killy and I a day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but its more than he's consistently given me since we got married. I'm working on helping him learn that other people (me, me!) have emotional needs - its like he's never realized that before...

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#257 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 01:29 PM

I got some sleep last night!!!!! I may live after all!!!!

Still working on these stinkin' top teeth. Poor little munchkin was picking things up and putting them in her mouth, then rejecting them when it didn't help. I feel so badly for her.
#258 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

thanks Liz, I guess I'll try plain water and see if he still likes it...

Yay for sleep and dh's getting a clue!
#259 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Landen is crawling everywhere, and now he chases me! He comes over when he is done playing to nurse. Where is my newborn?????

He still is only nursing. No solid food yet.

nak now. MIL is in the hospital. She likely had another heart attack yesterday. I was at the hospital until 11:00pm, and need to go back today. I will try to post more later.
#260 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 06:25 PM

Donna- I hope everything is ok w/ your mil. I got your e-mail yesterday and was going to post something but haven't had a chance. I want to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

We had our taxes done this past weekend and got the information on how much we are getting back today! I'm so excited!!! We can get a couple of things paid off and maybe even finish our basement! Yipeee!!!

Lily is everywhere! She gets herself in all sorts of situations. Today she got herself stuck under the dining room table. Right now she's jumping in the jumpy thing and having a blast. I love that thing. It let's her get her energy out and I don't have to worry about her getting into her sister's things that she's not suppose to get into. It was so much easier w/ my oldest! At least then I had control over what was on the floor.

Have a good one!
#261 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Donna, I hope all is well with your MIL!

Sandi, so cool about the taxes! We're doing ours this weekend. I'm sure most of what we get back will need to be used to fix things on our old house. We want to sell it and it needs new gutters, outside steps built, etc. Hopefully I'll be surprised, though! We desperately need a new deck on the house that we live in. It really isn't safe for kids.

I've been feeling bad because people keep asking me where dd will go to preschool next year. Even if I could afford preschool, I wouldn't send her. We do a preschool co-op two mornings a week. I'm there the whole time in the parent's room with ds. Most people don't seem to think that this is enough, but to me it seems like plenty. I feel like people think I'm doing something horrible for not sending her to a formal preschool. I don't know why it's bothering me because I tend to not give a hoot about what other people think!

Donna, ds is still pretty much just on breastmilk. He does eat a few Purely Os cereal most days, but he really isn't interested. I don't mind, it's obvious that the little guy isn't starving!

Gotta go....be back later!
#262 of 442 Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM

Donna, I hope your MIL is okay!

QoC, I'm glad your DH is coming around about spending some family time. I don't think husbands get that same sense of how fast the kiddies grow up & theres such a potential for them to miss out on some really incredible stuff.

We had a pretty wakeful night last night. Caitlin woke up to nurse & was so stuffed up she couldn't breathe, so I had to do the water squirt/snot sucker thing on her. She started crying & that woke Roland up, then he wouldn't go back to bed & Caitlin was still upset & needed to nurse, so I woke Kevin up. Kevin & Roland set up the couches with blankets & pillows, and Roland watched TV while Kevin slept (R eventually fell back asleep, too) I nursed Caitlin back to sleep... but all that took about 2 hours!! Hopefully it'll be an early night tonight. Thank goodness for leftovers!

Caitlins pediatrician appointment went really well. I don't know why the girls at LLL don't like her... she seemed good to me. Caitlin liked her too... she wasn't wearing a white coat. Caitlin has 'whitecoat syndrome'!! I held her in my arms while she examined her.

Caitlins x-rays came back normal, so she doesn't have hip displacia I said that I've noticed she's developing alot faster since I've been letting her have more floor time, and that I'm not as worried about her development now, and she agreed, saying Caitlin seems strong and she doesn't think she has any delays I was just treating her too much like a china doll, and comparing her to Roland (who did everything insanely early) I'm keeping the appointment with the physio therapist just to be thorough.

The pediatrician asked about Caitlins eating habits & I told her she's not eating, and it seems like flavours are just really overwhelming to her, and shes got a strong gag reflex. I said that I wasn't feeding her babyfood, just a bit of whatever we're eating. She said thats all she ever did with her kids, and didn't mention vitamin D or any minimum amout I'm supposed to cram down her throat My sister ate nothing but pureed food until she was 9 months old, when she suddenly decided to eat a whole entire filet of fish at MacDonalds one day So, I think Caitlin will be the same and suddenly start eating. I'm just going to keep making it availible (no Mac Donalds though!)

She's 19 pounds & nearly 29 inches tall. I thought she was over 20 pounds for sure!! She was 19 pounds at 4 months on my moms scale (which could have been out a few pounds)

Kevin hasn't done our taxes yet. We've always gotten a return that just about covers the property taxes

#263 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Banned

Hooray for Caitlin!! That must really feel like a load off.

Donna-thinking of you and your family

Doodlebug-I don't think you should feel bad. (Easy to say, hard to do, eh?) You know what is best for your child, you know what is best for your family. I am really looking forward to sending Tain to a traditional preschool, but that is b/c he only has one friend and he would really love to be around other kids more. So it is mostly for social reasons-and arts and crafts. We have carpet everywhere and not even a little balcony or patio so I am terrified of giving him any fun craft (like paint or playdough, which he has already ground into the carpet EVERYWHERE before). You have to watch him like a hawk with crayons and he still manages to draw on the walls. He draws on the floor with markers-is it actually that fun to draw on a fairly high pile carpet? Anyway, I would love for him to explore these things without causing damage to an apt we would have to pay for later. If it was our home, I'd install more cleanable flooring and give him the go-ahead.

Ro has started shrieking. It is so irritating.
#264 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 12:08 PM

Susan, Ive been having people ask me if Roland *is* in preschool. I took him to a pre- preschool type thing in the fall & he hated it, so he's a drop-out!! I've been thinking of trying something else in the spring. Maybe a little chefs class, or a sport? The closer we get to 'school age' the more sure I am we're going to homeschool... maybe just for the primary grades? That leaves me wondering if pre-school is even important for us.

We were awake half the night again, just me & Caitlin this time. She gets so plugged up when she lays down that she can't nurse. She wanted to hold the snot sucker after I did it this time, so I took the clear (snotty) part off & gave it to her. She told it off "GA DOO BLA BLA *raspberry* GAYAAYAAA!!!" and threw it on the ground!!! :LOL

Caitlins been pulling her knees up under her body while she's up on her hands. She can only hold herself like that for a second or two so far, but she's reallt trying!!

#265 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 12:49 PM

Whenever we have a really bad month, I always find myself considering putting BeanBean in Headstart because they'll feed him there. : My youngest sister and older niece went for that reason, and they both really enjoyed it. Most of the time, I'm sure I'll keep him home.

I bet Caitlin will take off flying any minute now. Some kids seem to just save up all their energy and then they just zoom off.

BeanBean weighed 27.5 pounds fully dressed in winter clothes when he got his stitch on Monday. He's also gotten taller in the past few weeks, and his little arms and legs are starting to stick out of things. He's even too wide for a few things, albeit only across his shoulders (he's got huge linebacker shoulders like my brother).

I don't know if I mentioned that Mike found the covers-- there was a huge stack of them in the pack-n-play :. Apparently, he brought them up and didn't put them away before he put his giant jacket in there. :LOL Wow, that thing is a black hole! I would freecycle it, but it doesn't lock which is why we don't use it in the first place. And I worry that if we put it outside, someone would take it and use it and it would collapse...

#266 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
I don't know if I mentioned that Mike found the covers-- there was a huge stack of them in the pack-n-play :. Apparently, he brought them up and didn't put them away before he put his giant jacket in there. :LOL Wow, that thing is a black hole! I would freecycle it, but it doesn't lock which is why we don't use it in the first place. And I worry that if we put it outside, someone would take it and use it and it would collapse...
If/when you do throw it away, tape it up really good with a paice of paper that says "BROKEN!!! DANGER!!! DO NOT USE!!!" on it. that'd be fair warning. Or you could take a pair of scissors to the netting on the sides... sounds like it's being a perfectly useful place to put clean laundry for now, though We chucked our old couches in the Spring Clean Up (throw away free for all put on by the city) when we had fleas & it disappeared from the laneway before pick up day. Someone scavenged it!!! I hope they didn't get eaten alive like I did.

#267 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 02:25 PM

Rynna, congrats on the covers! Don't ya love when stuff you "lost" turns up? I must have missed about what happened to BeanBean! Why did he have to get a stitch?

Ok, I had two more people ask me about dd going to preschool! And this happened at our preschool co-op! It's like they think the four hours a week there aren't enough! I'm finished worrying about it. Dd is extremely smart and at the same level or above most of her peers at learning/language/motorskills type stuff. Actually, her athletic ability is starting to fascinate me. She's super coordinated and loves doing athletic things. When we drove by the skate/BMX park the other day she said, "Mommy, when I'm a boy I will do that!". Well, it just about broke my heart and I explained to her that girls do that too! She also wants tennis lessons, but they don't offer them for kids under 4 through our town park system.

Quote:
I took him to a pre- preschool type thing in the fall & he hated it, so he's a drop-out!!
:LOL A preschool drop-out!

ETA: Julie, in your situation I would probably consider pre-school too. I feel like the co-op we go to is adequate for her age. The people asking me this seem like they are doing preschool as a way to get rid of their kids for a few hours each day. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, I just like being with my kids.
#268 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
:LOL A preschool drop-out!
Yes, I'm so ashamed to be the mother of a pre-school drop-out : If only he would apply himself a little!!

He didn't like transitioning from one activity to the next. He wanted to keep doing crafts, but the teacher took his glue away and insisted that he sit down for circle time. I'm glad he was born in January because if he *does* go to public school, he'll be nearly 6 starting K.

#269 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I really do appreciate it. I am home this morning, but dh and I are going back to see her tonight. We stayed until almost 11:00 last night. Visiting is supposed to be over at 8:30, but they didn't tell us to leave, so we just stayed. I brought her some knitting, so maybe she will make a pair of shorts for Landen! She has a book and a deck of cards also. It is so frustrating though, because she is not being treated well at all. And we spoke to a jerk doctor last night, and I swear I wanted to hit him!!! We were asking questions about when she would be getting some tests done, and he started in on "Oh, well, you have an HMO, so since you decided to save money on your premiums, you don't get to choose what you want now." OH!!! What a JERK!!! She did not "choose" the HMO, it was the only thing offered by her employer. Then he says "Oh, you're still employed? You should be retired." Um, hello, she can't afford to retire, because her heart medications cost almost $200 a month!!!! He said "You know, doctors really hate dealing with HMOs." OMG!! To bad buddy! You are not dealing with an HMO, you are caring for a patient. The lady that was in the bed next to her was almost given 2 incorrect medications!!!!! One was a blood thinner, and she has a bleeding ulcer. The other was to lower her blood pressure, but her bp is already too low!!! Gosh, I wish we could get her out of there. We are waiting for the hospital that is covered by her insurance to have a bed open up for her. This is just ridiculous. She didn't get anything to eat until 2:00pm yesterday, because they were screwing around, planning to do this that or the other test, ended up not doing ANY of them, and told her she wouldn't get any done at 12:30. She asked for food then, and they didn't bring it until 2:00pm.

Darn it, I wanted to say a lot more, but things are falling apart here. I will post more in a bit.
#270 of 442 Old 02-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Donna, what a load of garbage! That dr. sounds like a real piece of work. I'm sorry you and your family have to deal with such an a**hole!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page