September 2004 Mamas February Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Is anyone else as hopelessly behind in the baby books as I am?
Baby book... what's a baby book?

I haven't written a single thing in Aidan's. I do have stuff written down on a several pieces of paper but not actually IN the book.

I really need to get them updated.

Heck I haven't even put pictures into photo albums since Tori was about 4 months old. Most of our picture from Tori (about age one) and current are all on digital... I really need to get around to printing those out.
#362 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 04:49 AM

Yes, printing out digital pix is proving to be hard to get around to doing, also!

OK, I'm going to bed. I finished a fourth diaper. This one's like the striped one, but the outer fabric is a cute construction print. I bought the wrong elastic, and ran out of my old stuff after one leg, so the leg holes aren't equally stretchy, LOL. This dipe is my first for the swaps I'm behind on...

And OMG, William has started pinching the CRAP out of me in my softest areas while he nurses -- makes me scream and brings tears to my eyes. Especially painful is a fistful of that flabby soft flesh where my triceps once were, LOL. OH, and last night, he managed to grab my areola and nipple and would not let go. I was really hopping. You would not believe how hard it was to unclamp that little fist. And did I mention, it was time to clip his nails, so I had the added benefit of little sharp nails digging into my nipple, too?

Happy Weekend, ladies.
#363 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 11:34 AM

Ugh, I just should not be up this early . I had to get back up at 5 to squeegie out Bryn's nose. He hasn't eaten all night and I am SO engorged. Hans had to get up at 5 too to drive some kids up to Mount. Hood for a contest so they can qualify for Nationals. I feel for him, we just haven't had enough snow around here. So he has to drive four hours in the dark over a snowy Mnt. pass : . Maybe I don't have it so bad.

Mandy-We do all digital too. We take so many pics. that we have all firsts on photo. We make digital albums on the CDs and print cute photos of whichever boy on the top. It's easier, and family and friends enjoy them as well . We have not done a book for either boy. Also, the dates are on all photos in the albums, so you know when that stuff happens.

Other thoughts- Why do they make toys for babies this little? All they do is make Bryn very upset. I bought those expensive Manhattan Baby toys, teething rings, snap rings, those things that dangle from the handle of their carseat. He tries to stuff them in his mouth, but all he gets is fists, then drops the toy, then cries . I just don't see the point. He loves being on his stomach and staring at his mirror though, so I will keep that out.

I also am very glad to have acess to MDC. I think most women go crazy in their homes because they have little to no one to talk to about all this. With Aidan I really didn't have any moms to talk to about every little thing, even just to vent. Imagine mothers with many children at home all day with nothing like this to get them through questions, advice, just the ability to bounce stuff off other mom's who might have a dif. perspective on how to handle a situation, or just to get a It makes me wonder about moms w/ serious PPD who ended up hurting their children, or just thinking they were crazy. Do you think they had acess to something like MDC to see that they are not alone and they should get help?

Alright, Bryn is asleep, I'm gonna try and get some too. My mom is coming down from Alaska to stay for a week. My house is a disaster but she's not an inlaw, so I don't really feel the urgency to clean.

Have a great Weekend mommas

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#364 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

k................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................vc;,mbvvvvv vvvm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was a message from Alex - he wanted to say hi this morning!
#365 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama
Are you going to IKEA anytime soon?
Oh, gosh. Gee. Twist my arm. Oops! Such a small, gentle twist. OK! We are always ready, willing and able to make an IKEA outing. We've had our eye on that bed too - and Cheryl and Bill for Estella as well!!! Am I to go lay down on it? That will make all of the kids laugh but just let me know what I'm to check out and we will. Are you able to order the bed? It said on the web site that it's only available in their stores.

Tristan is lying here next to me on the folded-down futon in the den putting all of the clean, folded laundry that Jo did not put away into his mouth. Ha, ha! and downstairs all of the red laundry that we washed yesterday - the new Hanna romper, the multitude of socks and any other red clothes we could find around the house - was left on the couch downstairs and mysteriously enough, this morning there was a nice indentation in the middle of the pile and a curiously large amount of soft, orangy-tan colored fur in said indentation. HMMMM. Do you think I should begin making household "statements of the obvious" - like "If you leave dark colored laundry in a pile on the couch, sydney will sit in it in the night"? and "If you leave your tevas in the middle of the floor, Jen will trip on them in the middle of the night and one of these times she will inevitably pitch them at you in the dark, causing you great bodily pain"?

Is anyone tending toward a certain color your kid seems to have a LOT of? Tristan's wardrobe is getting more and more red. I don't know if it's just because we like the color or because we're trying to get him in red as much as possible before people start telling us "You can't dress him in red, he has red hair!!".

Thanks for the compliments on the senior member name... at the moment it's a bit of a mystery, because *I* didn't change it. we'll see what transpires

Cynthia I don't think I've told you but I think that Wasabi is a *really* great name for a pug. And yes, you may be short, but Fred is also tall - 6'2" is no slouch. We're hoping that T gets some of his donor's height (5'11") so that we have someone in the house who can reach the top shelf of the kitchen cabinets. :LOL

Savannah yes that tricep pinch! Makes me yelp in pain! Tristan won't knock it off, either, thankfully he only does it when he is really super hungry and mad so if I can get to him before that point my skin is spared. I don't understand why that spot is so sensitive but that hurts like a you-know-what.

Tristan is desperate to eat but we're trying to hold out for 6 mos as the dr advised us. I don't think we're going to make it that long, however.

Well, Mr T has become a major complainer and I am going to go see what his prob is. think it's getting on to your turn, Jo!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#366 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Oh, Savannah! I feel for you. Three days ago, Kate did the same thing to the soft fleshy part under my eye. And her nails hadn't been clipped. I swear, I still have ghost pains from it, it hurt so much! :
#367 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 01:21 PM

Turns out it was a DDDDC!

Hm........!

:

*sidelong glance at Sarah*

#368 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 08:30 PM

Before I explain anymore, Lucy is FINE now, but we had an ambulance ride in our day. My mom and I took the kids up to a little historical town near us with lots of shopping, etc. I had no sooner gotten out of the car and then gone back to the car (realizing I forgot something) when I fell off the curb while I was holding Lucy. She and I both fell all the way down to the street and she slammed the side of her head on the pavement. She instantly began going in and out of consciousness which she continued to do for the 5 minutes it took for the ambulance to get there. I had to keep slapping her face repeatedly for her to stay conscious. It was the absolute worst 5 minutes I have ever had in my life. I can't talk about that part any longer because I have locked those emotions up in a little box, and I don't plan on looking at them.

The ambulance arrived and so I felt like I could calm down a little, knowing at least that professionals were present. I've never had an ambulance called before, and never interacted with EMTs. They were so gentle and kind - they made me feel better right away. Also, by now, Lucy had started calming down and was staying awake. They put me and Lu in the ambulance and my mom took Jack in my car to follow us to the hospital. All of Lucy's vitals were stable, no vomiting or eyes rolling so I was able to hold here and nurse her along the way. The EMT even gave her a little black and white stuffed dog, as he keeps a supply of little animals to give away (I love this man).

We got to the hospital and man, if you want good treatment at one, just arrive by ambulance with a 5 month old head trauma. The only thing that pissed me off was that the billing woman with her clipboard attacks you for all things financial before you even get all the way through the door. The doctor (who was also great and who said nothing when I said she was unvaccinated) ordered skull xrays and a cat scan. She hated the xrays cause I had to hold her down, but actually really liked the cat scan since they swaddled her onto a velcro blankety papoose board, she got to get her paci and the machine makes great white noise - she actually fell asleep.

So long story short, my sweet precious little girl has a skull fracture which the dr told me sounds much more scary than it really is. She susutained no injury to her brain and didn't have a concussion. Basically all we have to do is watch her closely for the next 24 hours and keep giving her motrin - poor girl's head HURTS!!!!

Now tonight I am also going to have to focus on my poor, sweet boy. He was very traumatized by it, but won't say that he was scared or upset. However, for the rest of the day he has cried hysterically over the tiniest things.

So I am okay, just very drained. May I never go through something like this again.
#369 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 08:48 PM

You are all in my prayers! Thank goodness you are all well. Sounds like the hospital was very attentive and that is so awesome!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I am glad that Lucy and you are fine.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#370 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Oh Sarah, how scary for all of you, and thank godness Lucy is fine! I can understand why you don't want to talk about those horrible moments--I can't even go there in my imagination. Sending healing thoughts to all of you! It's good to hear that the paramedics and doctors handled everything so well--except that stupid billing woman!

We had some drama today, too. We were rear-ended. We're down in Phoenix for the weekend, and I was driving our car (DH stayed home to work), and mil was following a minute or two behind in her car (we were going out to lunch and shopping). I think we were going less than 20 mph, but maybe faster, and suddenly were hit from the rear. I guy driving a pickup hit a minivan, which then hit us. The kids started crying right away--Bhavani had been asleep, I think. Leela bit her tongue a bit, but everyone is fine--it just scared them. We pulled over (were in the right lane when we were hit), I took Bhavani out, cops came, took a report and info, etc. It was the guy in the truck's fault--he said the woman in front of him slowed down and he hit the gas instead of the break. The police report blamed him for ,"failure to control vehicle." We ended up having the car towed--it was drivable, but not really safe to drive--the rear end was pretty damaged. I was shaking pretty hard for a few minutes after it happened, but calmed down quickly once I knew the kids were fine. Someone had called the paramedics, and they gave Shankar and Leela stuffed animals and were really sweet. We are definately going to insist that EVERYTHING is paid for by the truck guy's insurance, including use of a rental car and new car seats (no visible damage, but you never know). It's good to know the seats were secure in the car and everyone was buckled in properly.

Gotta go--we're going over to my brother's house to celebrate Leela's birthday. Luckily my parents have carseats for all three kids.

Again, Sarah, I'm so glad Lucy is alright! More to you!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#371 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Sarah I am also sending healing vibes Lucy's way. What a scary moment! Twice now I have come close to falling down the stairs with David in my arms.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#372 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Sarah, sending healing thoughts to you and your family. It sounds like you handled things so well. You should be proud of yourself- what a great mom who can function so well during a crisis like that! And thank God Lucy is OK- you must have some powerful angels looking out for that little girl!
#373 of 564 Old 02-19-2005, 10:52 PM

oh sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a scary thing! i have tears in my eyes for the fear you must have felt during those moments before the ambulance arrived. poor little jack too.

and, heather, you too! how scary.

what a scary day for september mommies.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#374 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Heather - I'm glad you are all okay! Car accidents are so scary.

Thanks for all the support mamas - I really appreciate it! My whole morning already seems so surreal. I can't believe that it actually happened, and that Lucy's little head is "broke" as Jack's says.
#375 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 12:38 AM

Oh, Sarah, I'm in tears too over your scary ordeal! I'm so thankful Lucy is OK. And I'm impressed at how well you kept it together during it all. And wow, it's very intuitive of you to sense that Jack needs your help to work through his feelings. I'm praying for quick fracture healing for Lucy. And that there isn't any emotional baggage that tries to hound you (those little "boxes" can drive you batty if you lock them away too long, LOL). Love and hugs to you all.

Heather, yikes about the stairs! Please be careful. I lost a sister 3 years ago when she fell down the stairs.

boobykins, so glad you are all OK today, too! I'm sorry your car got messed up. I'll pray for no residual fears or emotional tagalongs from that incident, too, for you and the kids.

dh is wondering if William's snuffly breathing is more than just a booger nose??? Should we be concerned after a few weeks? (he thinks it's always been like this, but I distinctly remember when he started doing it.)

also, have any of you gone digging in your baby's belly button to clear out the old scabs hiding deep inside? I remember being an adult and finding the last of mine! probably when I was pregnant and finally saw inside there, LOL. I picked some out of the twins' tonight. Yuck.
#376 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 01:06 AM

I'm so glad that Lucy is okay! How scary! Big hugs to you and her. You were a good mama to keep waking her up.

boobykins~ glad that you're okay. I hate to drive because I'm scared I'll get in an accident with Desi.

Jen~ Wasabi came with the name. He was passed on to us by a coworker who is allergic to him. He's quite a characther. Always cracks me up.
Desi has ALOT of pink from family members. I don't buy many clothes for her. : My favorite colors on her though are lavander. I think it looks good with her skin complexion.
There is still clean laundry sitting in our room that needs to be put up. I'm so bad at that part. It hasn't even be folded yet.

MIL is annoying me. Keeps on telling me that Desi is ready for soilds. She took us out to eat today and Desi is teething. So she puts everything in her mouth and chews on her hands. Freds' mom kept saying that she is ready and she started Fred on soilds at 4 months. She mashed up beans. I'm not going to give her somthing that complex as a first food.
#377 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 01:27 AM

Oh, Sarah, I read your post and my heart dropped. I too have tears. I cant imagine how scary that must have been. I dont think I could have held it together. I am sooooo glad Lucy is ok.

Boobykins, hugs to you too.
#378 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 01:44 AM

Thank you for the well-wishes and prayer, mamas! We're kinda hoping they declare our car totalled--the damage to the rear would entail replacing the whole roof, as it's all one panel. The frame might be damaged, too, which usually means a car can't be fixed. It's a 97 Corolla, so I'm not sure what we'd get for it, but at least enough to put a nice down payment on a used car. We do need something bigger-we have 3 carseats in the back, but I'm not sure how we'll fit in 3 once Bhavani needs a rear-facing convertible seat.

Savannah--I think it's normal for babies to sometimes be snuffly for awhile--Bhavani's been snuffly and rattly for a couple of weeks. Maybe it just takes awhile for the boogies to clear out, since they can't blow their little noses. As long as he's breathing fine I wouldn't be too worried. And no, haven't done any belly button digging on Bhavani, but I did when that on mine when I was pg and had easier access--mine is pretty deep when I'm not pg.

Bhavani gets a hold of my neck skin sometimes, just digs in and pulls-yeowwch! She's also bitten me a few times while nursing with her new little teeth--she does it when I hold her to the boob and she doesn't want to nurse--she chomps instead. Again, Yewouch! I need to start wearing the gorgeous nursing necklace that my friend made me, made from the beads that were given to me at my birth blessing gathering, to distract her. Maybe a nursing necklace would help those of you whose boobs are being mauled during nursing sessions?

Bhavani hasn't really seemed particularly interested in our food yet. When she watches us eating she seems more interested in the action than the food inself. I actually am going to hold off giving her solids until at least 9 months if she doesn't mind waiting. I can't imagine starting her on solids in a month, but if she becomes very interested I'll follow her lead.

My DH edits audio books for a living, and a book he worked on ("Lost Boys," by Orson Scott Card), has been nominated for an Audie Award, which is a rather major award for audio books. The award is for best overall book in its category, so the honor is shared by his producer/ the reader/cover design, etc. He's feeling really good about himself and I'm so proud of him! He works really hard and very long hours when he has a deadline. Anyway, the awards dinner is in NYC in June, and he's planning to go--it could mean getting additional, well-paid work. If we can swing it I'm going with him, and we'd take Bhavani and Leela and Shankar would stay with my parents. I hope it works out! I don't think I'd go to the dinner, but we'd have a day or two to hang out in NY. We've both been there, but never together. His dad, who is so proud of him, has offered to pay his way, so I think we could handle my ticket, etc.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#379 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 02:31 PM

OUCH that tricep pinch!! Or that little bit of shin under your jawbone near your ear... : : Aidan seems to find the nipple somethings when I'm holding him. And since he still has the newborn "gripe" its hard to get him to let go!!!

Jack gets dressed in lots of blues. Royal blue and dark blues. (my favorite colors ) Aidan has lots of reds too. I love HannaAndersson's "India Red" color. Its a nice deep red and not orangey at all. I like getting "matching" outfits for Jack and Aidan. They'll just be in different colors. Or combinations. (one striped shirt and solid pants the other solid shirt and striped pants etc.) Especially with the HA stuff.

Jen- You've been DDDDCed. :LOL "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". (okay is everybody now singing AC/DC?? : Someone paid for your "temp" secondary title. They are usually nicknames or refer to something you've said. I think it is TOTALLY appropriate for you. You still get to change your Senior Title yourself.

SARAH!! I'm so glad to hear that Lucy is okay. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!! IT WAS A TOTAL ACCIDENT!!! And what wonderful hospital staff! (smack! for the billing lady ) That wonderful that she was calm for the CAT scan. You did wonderful keeping your calm and keeping her awake until the EMTs got there.

Heather, I'm so glad that nobody was hurt in the car accident. Make sure his insurance pays for the new carseats. They like to hedge and not pay to replace the ones you have and just give you $50 each. : Like that would cover the cost of a Britax! I had a friend who had just gotten a new Marathon for her DD and less than 3 months later they were in a bad wreck. Neither was hurt but her car was totalled. The insurance company tried to only pay $50 to replace her Marathon. That was after they didn't want to cover replacing them at all. She made them read the fine print that says they had to pay the cost to replace the EXISTING seats not just "replacement" value of A carseat.

I took a nice slipfall down the stairs with Aidan a couple of weeks ago. He was totally fine... me not so much. Lovely fist size buise in the middle of my right butt cheek where I nailed the end of the banister railing at the top of the stairs. Ouch!

We had a FSG meeting (family support for my David's military unit) yesterday. David hurt his back Thursday and Jack's eye got all pink and gooey so they stayed home. So I took Tori (who had a great time playing with the other kids) and Aidan by myself. Aidan was soo good. He was looking around and smiling at everyone. Little flirt. He started to fuss a little bit so I nursed him. The boy wouldn't latch on well a couple of times so he was making LOUD smacking and slurping noises. A couple people laughed about what a noisy nurser he was. :LOL Tori had a great time, they had a woman there to watch and do activities with the kids. Would have been nice to know she was going to use FINGER PAINTS with them and NO aprons or covershirts. Needless to say, I've got a shirt soaking to try to get the paint out of it. A beautiful Mango Yellow HannaAndersson shirt that Tori has worn twice. She's going in all black next time I swear!

Lots of snotty noses around here too. It is soooo nasty to have a baby blow snot out all over your boob at 4am! He's fine during the day... it is just Snot Central at night! Hopefully Tori won't get sick again. We all got sick after the last FSG meeting. Apparently someone there in January had the "plague" because Tori got sick withon about 5+ days of it and then the rest of us got sick. And at least 4 other family got sick over the last couple of weeks too. UGH! We are all taking lots of VitaminC right now.

Okay I need to get ready to go to my friend's baby shower today.
#380 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 02:54 PM

OMG, I'm so glad Lucy is ok! How is she feeling this morning? Are you banged up Sarah?

Heather, that is so scary! I'm always telling dh I hate to drive near Houston!

boobykins, that's awesome about your dh!

I only like Kate in pink and lavender (those happen to be y favorite colors! ). Mainly because she has zero hair and I hate it when people call her a he! :

I'm going bellybutton digging later. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about it! I have to do something about my borderline OCD! :LOL
#381 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 03:41 PM

Sarah I am so glad to hear that Lucy is all right! How scary! Arnica will help (I'm sure you know that)... and some Rescue Remedy for both you and Jack!!

And Heather... I'm glad everyone's ok but I can only imagine how frightened you must have been. Esp with all 3 kids in the car!

What a rough weekend for Sept mamas and babies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganbaby
MIL is annoying me. Keeps on telling me that Desi is ready for solids.
I think this is a generational thing. Our moms' generation (making the assumption that most moms here are of roughly similar age) was taught to start feeding solids really, REALLY early. Like my sis and I were both eating rice cereal at 2 mos, veggies 2 weeks after that, fruit 2 weeks after that and meats 2 weeks after *that*. Can you imagine?!

Samantha - thanks for the AC/DC earworm

I finally got my little sleep-in this morning. Yay! Now I feel like I need to go scare up some food. And admire the fresh 8" of snow!

Everyone be well, ok? Please?

j

#382 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls

I think this is a generational thing. Our moms' generation (making the assumption that most moms here are of roughly similar age) was taught to start feeding solids really, REALLY early. Like my sis and I were both eating rice cereal at 2 mos, veggies 2 weeks after that, fruit 2 weeks after that and meats 2 weeks after *that*. Can you imagine?!

I was looking at an old Dr. Spock book from the early 70's at the library the other day; I was curious about what his sleep/feeding advice was back then. He actually gave recipes for homemade formula, and discussed breastfeeding only in passing.

The book stated that the typical age for starting solids should be "1 1/2 to 3 months, although some babies may be ready earlier.) Yikes! Making 3 months the LATE time to start!

So yeah, I think it really is a generational thing.

I gave Julia applesauce and some whole grain rice cereal the last few days, though. It's early; she won't be 6 months for another week. But she sits alone, she's so interested, her tongue thrust is gone, and it's a good time to institute changes since things are pretty stable at home. In a few weeks DH starts working different hours, and I don't want to start anything new while we're all adjusting to that. And Julia, unlike most of the babies here, is unfortunately formula fed for the most part at this point, and all this added up to I felt like it was time.

She loves it, although it's more of a game than a meal at this point. I only give her a tiny teaspoon of cereal and a tiny teaspoon of fruit, and she hasn't managed to finish it yet. She screeches and kicks and laughs and has a blast, but she swallows very little! So much fun!

It's weird. I belong to a mainstream September 2004 babies board elsewhere, and over there my kid's one of the last to start solids. Over here, she's one of the first. Such different worlds...

Sarah, I'm so glad Lucy's going to be okay. So scary... I would have lost my mind I think. DH fell down a whole flight of stairs with Julia a few months ago, but luckily he managed to cradle her the whole way down, so he got badly banged up but she didn't even cry.

And Heather? That must have been so frightening. So glad nobody got hurt...

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#383 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 05:17 PM

Sarah -

In may Aidan fell off our nieghbor's "rock feature". A 12 foot rock drop off onto a rock bottom. His forehead cracked and fissured,sending slivers up his skull, broke the bones around one of his eyes, severed a nostril, had swelling and bleeding in the brain. He was in ICU alone for 4 days.tests, doctors, C.A.T scans, stiches, blood, swelling,,, I know exactly what you are going through. I had serious guilt for a while if I paid attention to bryn because of it,and is one of the reasons it took me so long to get back on the boards. I still can't look at the rocks, and they share a part of our yard.

Bryn is very feverish. Can't eat, can't breath, can't sleep. Hans took the car to work and I'm not sure if I should have mom take me to the doc. It seems that there can't be much they can do other than tell to give him Tylenol, and I already have that.Arg!!!! I'm so exhausted I feel like crying. He's just kinda listless and won't eat. I'm at a loss here,,,did I already say that?

I'm so jealous of the mommas that live near Hanna and Ikea. I swear, I could spend all day just at those two when we go seattle.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#384 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llyra
It's weird. I belong to a mainstream September 2004 babies board elsewhere, and over there my kid's one of the last to start solids. Over here, she's one of the first. Such different worlds...
David has actually been eating rice cereal for a couple weeks now. Also 2 weeks ago he got sweet potatoes as well. He loves sweet potatoes but not as much as he loves the rice cereal. This is all suggested by the pediatric GI. That coupled with the Zantac and David is hardly spitting up at all. Such a change from the "master spitter". We don't typically eat organic but I am feeding Earth's Best Organic Brown Rice Cereal to David so he won't be constipated. Poor Christopher was constipated horribly off of the Gerber rice cereal.

Stairs make me nervous! Also my knees don't like them so Grant and I are in agreement that our next house is going to be a ranch. Since I have almost fallen twice, I am constantly looking down to make sure I make the next stair when carrying David.

I think David is going to crawl before sitting up. He can get up onto all fours and he will either move a knee forward or just a hand forward. He gets so frustrated because he doesn't know what to do next. He just sits there on all fours fussing and crying. He is anxious to be moving. He hasn't started blowing raspberries yet but he has discovered his tongue and how much fun it is to stick it out. He also likes to suck in his lower lip and make a "smacking" sound. He is so funny! He has also discovered his feet and every now and then he will try to get his foot into his mouth. He is not very flexible.

Everyone is healing here expcept for Grant. He seems to be getting worse instead of better. I made him take a nap this morning instead of us going to church. He slept for 3 1/2 hours and told me he still felt like crap afterwards. I think I am going to sleep in the recliner in the boys room tonight so I don't catch what he has.

Sarah, Grant is sending healing vibes Lucy's way as well. He was in tears when I told him what had happened.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#385 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
Bryn is very feverish. Can't eat, can't breath, can't sleep. Hans took the car to work and I'm not sure if I should have mom take me to the doc. It seems that there can't be much they can do other than tell to give him Tylenol, and I already have that.Arg!!!! I'm so exhausted I feel like crying. He's just kinda listless and won't eat. I'm at a loss here,,,did I already say that?
Illnesses are so hard- exhausting and stressful. FWIW, Kate was feverish like that and we ended up taking her to the doctor. Of course, there was nothing they could do. Said we just had to wait it out. We did give her pulsatilla, though, and it seemed to help more than the tylenol. Hope Bryn (and you!) feels better soon!
#386 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 06:56 PM

We are on day 3 of fever here with Makynzi too. I ended up taking both girls in on Friday and the doc said it just seemed to be a virus. Nothing she could do. I also talked to her today and she said their are several virus's going around with 3-4 days of fever. She told me just to give tylenol today. IF she isnt better by morning she does want to see her again just because it will be the 4th day of fever.

Makynzi drives all of us crazy pulling on our hair. She love to get 2 fistfuls of her sister's anytime she is near. I told Madyson to get used to it.Her sister will probably drive her crazy forever LOL. She also loves to try to devour my chin. Im not sure if she is trying to bite or suck but it is certainly interesting. Especially when she gets my chin and 2 fistfuls of hair at the same time LOL.

I am with all of you on the Ikea. I now want that bed too LOL.
#387 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 07:41 PM

Well, ds was sick last week. It seemed to be mainly a lot of phlegm and mucous, with some fever for a couple days. Then last Friday we were giving him some teething tabs and I actually felt a little tooth on the bottom gums. I'm wondering if the "cold' may have been related to this teething. Can't teething create cold-like symptoms (i.e. running nose, phlegm, fever)? Something to keep in mind for all the babes with colds now- you never know if there could be some teething involvement...
#388 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Sarah, I am so sorry you all had to go through that. You did an awesome job keeping it together and keeping your head about you. I doubt I could've done so well. I panic when my kids get hurt,but I am getting better the more it happens... I'm so glad you are all okay. dd has a tendency to pass out after any kind of trauma and it's awful I know.

Heather, hugs to you too! I always worry about car accidents. Everytime we get in the car I am worried it will happen. Glad you are all okay as well. There are such bad drivers out there!

Bendmom, What a terrible story. I had tears in my eyes reading it. How is he doing now?

ds watches us eat with great interest, something dd never did. I don't want to introduce food for at least a few more months though. I think ds might crawl before he sits too! No interest in sitting or even putting weight on his legs to stand. But he will roll across the room in about 30 seconds if you let him! And he loves to be on his belly trying to scoot himself. Funny how two kids can be so opposite.

Everyone get better, and stay safe!!!
#389 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 PM

Okay, we just got back from the doctor. He has ear infections in both ears, and a nasty case of Croup . The doc says that because he wasn't vaccinated he could get Whooping cough that has come over from the Valley. I'm just freaking out. We went an dgot his meds that he has to take twice daily and he hates it. But he is so feverish and listless from not eating for the last 2 1/2 days that he doesn't put up a fight. He said the ear infections are probably from eating at night while sleeping on his side . I have to take him in mid March and get the rest of his vaccs. FYI, he said that with infants, if they are around someone who has a cold or cough, it turns into croup for them.

Oh, the joys of motherhood .

He is only 16 pds. Doc said he lost at least 2- 3 w/ not eating last 2-3 days and being sick.

#390 of 564 Old 02-20-2005, 09:59 PM

Hugs to everyone - Sarah, I can't even imagine how panicked you must have felt - thinking of you and your family. Heather - car accidents are so scary! I totalled my parents camry a week before I had Mieke, wasn't hurt at all, but just cried all day after. Life is so much more intense when you have your children to worry about.

Bendmom, sorry things are so rough with Bryn - and your story about Aidan had me in tears. Thinking of you, too.

O.k. mamas, time for us to have a nice boring no sickies or accidents week!

-sarah

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page