September 2004 Mamas February Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2005, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
middle of page 15 - tummy time flirting including a mondo drool, sitting in mom's legs, flying, sitting on mama and first bath in the kitchen sink. As always, link in sig.

not a lot of news - spent most of the day at my mom's and he actually *fell asleep* in my arms without singing, rocking, nursing, anything! Was pretty funny

Steph and I are braving the Mall of America tomorrow with babies, phew!

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2005, 01:48 AM

Welcome, Julie!

We're off on our first trip tomorrow (I don't have to work!) - heading to Pittsburgh to Ikea for a KING SIZED BED!!! (and to see father-in-law LOL) Three and a half hours in the car....should be just fine, I think! The real test is next weekend when we're driving to DC to see my brother.

Stacey, I know I've said it before, but the quote in your siggy seriously rocks. I need to make it into my mantra!

Jen - the bad dream sucks. I hate nightmares.

R still has no teeth...her sister didn't get any until around 7 months. M just finished getting in her second year molars, thank goodness!

Everyone have a great weekend!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:50 AM

Cute pics, Jen!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:48 AM

Jen, I love the new pics! You can really see T's dimples in those tummy pictures.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:51 AM

I hope this whole waking-nursing-WOW I'M AWAKE! phase ends soon... I've been up long enough for my body to believe that it's morning and my metabolism to kick in, so I had to go rustle up an apple and some almond butter. I'm here in the den, with the cat, on the guest futon which is so nicely drawn up with a way-too-soft flannel sheet, and the down comforter is right behind me with the equally soft flannel comforter cover. We should not make this room so tempting or I'll never go back into the bedroom at night. Jo's taking a turn with mr noisy awake man.

I am such a bed person. When we are away from home I pine for our bed and our bedding. I really REALLY miss our down comforter and can't wait til next winter when we can use it again.

Oh well, off to try to fall asleep. I hear that the pteradactyl cries have ended...

j

Old 02-25-2005, 09:58 AM

Cute pics! Love thos dimples - you'll need to keep an eye on him :LOL

Still having supply issues. I've been drinking Mother's Milk tea, eating oatmeal, drinking lots of water, etc...
I just hope it b/c of AF and that it comes soon cuz this really bites. Whenever he gets fussy, the breast would calm him down - now it just makes him more fussy.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Old 02-25-2005, 11:45 AM

Christine - if you're willing to go a little more hard-core try More Milk Plus herbal tincture by Motherlove - it's expensive but it does help with the milk supply.

But only try it if you're willing to smell like maple syrup... the fenugreek will make you smell like an IHOP. :LOL I wonder if it makes our milk taste like maple too? hm.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:33 PM

Wow, big night last night -- about an hour before going to bed, both babies perfected a new skill each!!

William is now officially rolling all over the floor, eek. (Of course, he decided to do this on the night when the carpet was its dirtiest -- dog hair, leaves etc. tracked in from dh grilling on the back porch, and I had cut up about 12 layers of terrycloth for diapers this morning, so the little fuzz balls were everywhere. I had chosen to sew instead of vacuum. Doh!)

And McKenna sat straight up in her swing for the first time, making it stop swinging, and leaned far enough forward that she was mouthing the toys attached to the tray.

Jen, my babies have been staying awake a little longer than usual too. But thankfully, they are drifting off to sleep on their own, which is a new thing. I fall asleep before they do! Then I wake back up and realize they are no longer cooing and playing with their sheets.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:03 PM

...that when you have a quiet, calm, wide-open day at home, baby decides repeatedly to not take naps, to be wide awake, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but when you've made a deal with a pal to meet them at a bus stop at a certain time, your baby decides to fall asleep for a NICE LONG NAP around 9 AM and 1/2 hour before you're supposed to be *at* the bus stop, your baby is still asleep, and you know when he wakes up, he's going to both need a diaper change *and* to eat?

!!!!!!!

I guess it's a reminder that the baby's schedule prevails and all attempts to plan are futile unless you're catching a train or a plane or have an appointment that can't be broken...

Old 02-25-2005, 03:35 PM

I think its a baby scheme Jen. Desi did this the other day when I had to pick up DH from work. T is a flirt. Very cute pictures!

My bday is Sunday. I don't know what I want to do either. DH keeps asking me what I want. I don't know what I want. I would like a tatoo, but I'm not sure what. A massage would be nice too.

Miss Desi was being a roley poley this morning. She couldn't make up her mind if she wanted to be on her back or belly. She usually doesn't roll often either. She is getting better at scooting. She gets frustrated still though.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
And if you look at the ones of Oscar and Tristan - Oz makes T look absolutely lithe! Oscar is ... well, he's dense! :LOL but so nice to hold, because he's not nearly as wiggly as Tristan is!!

Jen- cute pictures!

Alex is built like Oscar - dense! I am wondering if this is why he can't really sit up yet? Because he is so heavy? He can roll over like crazy, but he is only just starting to be able to sit for a moment supporting himself on his hands in front. If he lifts up his hands, he still lists to the side and does a face plant!
Old 02-25-2005, 05:48 PM

Hi all! I’ve been gone for a few, I’m sure no one noticed. Thought I’d check in though, you guys have been busy! Maybe I will attempt to read all those pages later.

We took a little trip to the snow last weekend. It was DS’s first overnight trip anywhere! I had invited my MIL to go with us so she sat in back with him and entertained him. It was a 4+ hour car ride. He did so well until the last 30 minutes. It was dark and he had nothing to look at and was pissed! He cried non stop and I couldn’t take it. I felt so bad for him. I made DH stop so I could switch with his mom and sit in the back seat with DS. It was better. Only Mom knows how to stop her crying baby! DS did very well during the day, napped well. Everyone kept commenting on what a good baby he is and how lucky we are. Then they all go off to their rooms to have a good night sleep, LOL. DS did not sleep well at all. He was up about 10-15 times a night both nights we were there. DH got booted to the couch downstairs so DS could “sleep” with me. It was easier to comfort him when he was right there next to me. He was so restless. Every time he woke up, he woke up crying. Poor thing. No, scratch that. Poor me! He wasn’t crabby during the day though so that was good. I let my MIL take care of him during the day so I could zone out. It was beautiful. We didn’t go anywhere. DH went gambling for a couple hours, but that’s it. We just sat around sipping wine and gazing at the beautiful view. It snowed Saturday evening straight through until we left on Sunday. Our dog loved the snow (it was her first time too), which we thought was so weird considering she won’t even go outside when it’s raining! The ride back was much better. DS was perfect. It was a good weekend, except for my lack of sleep. We probably won’t be taking any more vacations until we go to Cabo in June. He’ll be 9 months then so we’ll see how that goes.

I've noticed in the last few days that he is distinctly different. He seems older and full of personality. He's a pro at manipulation. He cries when anything is taken away or is out of reach. He cries when I leave the room. I can’t even drink a bottle of water around him without sending him into fits of excitement and eventual cries because he wants it. He's a screecher and a drooler and is full of smiles for mommy and daddy. I love watching him grow and develop. It’s so exciting!

Here’s a couple pics of our weekend AND a couple pics of DS’s big ol’ chompers!! He’s going to be 6 months next week. I can’t believe it. Where does the time go??

Pictures
Old 02-25-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
:LOL I wonder if it makes our milk taste like maple too? hm.
Yep You know you're taking enough fenugreek when every part of you smells like maple syrup!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Christine - if you're willing to go a little more hard-core try More Milk Plus herbal tincture by Motherlove - it's expensive but it does help with the milk supply.

But only try it if you're willing to smell like maple syrup... the fenugreek will make you smell like an IHOP. :LOL I wonder if it makes our milk taste like maple too? hm.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get some tonight or tomorrow.
We're doing a little better today. I called my Bradley instructor (couldn't get in touch with my LLL leader ). She had 4 kiddos - so figured she could give me some advice. Her youngest is only a few weeks older than ds. She thinks its a combo of teething and beginnings of seperation anxiety. He's been REAL clingy and REAL fussy, so I automatically assumed it was low milk. I am thinking it might still be - but combined with the other things it makes for a real fun babe...
He's having plenty of wet diapers, so I'm just gonna try to stop worrying and see how the weekend goes. I guess just because my boobs aren't busting doesn't mean I don't have milk.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:32 PM

Julia!

I can't believe you have NINE That's some serious mothering.
I hope everyone is doing well and the adotion is right on track.

Jen- glad to hear you are doing better. Some nights I do sleep on the couch because it is so comfy and I have room. Hans takes up to much room in the bed, but after three years of co-sleeping w/Aidan, he understands that it's not personal, Bryn and I just have more room w/ out his 6 foot four frame not squishing us to the side. Also, does that tea REALLY work? I pumped last night and only got 3 ounces. Pumped this morning and got two. Even if I some how have enough milk for Bryn, I need enough to leave for dh when I'm gone.

I just had a dining room table built and I can't find any chairs. I keep thinking,"if I only live near an IKEA.. "

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 AM

hi, I'm new. My ds, Andrew, was born Sept 6. We are teething right now (we have about a quarter of a tooth popping through his gums) and sitting, but he still doesn't roll from tummy to back or back to tummy! He did for a while when he was about 4 mos, and then he stopped. And then the other day I let him fuss on his tummy, and he fussed for a bit, and then stopped and seemed to be thinking really hard, and then rolled himself over. But he hasnt done it again since! It's driving me crazy (although I know I'm being performance driven). Anyway, he's sitting and can stand up just holding on for balance, so I'm not worried about developmental delays. Maybe it's just because he's cd'd and just moved to a bigger size of prefolds. Anyway, hi, y'all.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 02-26-2005, 03:13 AM

Hi Jill! DD was born Sept 6 as well! DD doesn't roll very often either. I'm either attributing it to her big head or her CDs.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:35 AM

Welcome Jill! Jump right on in - we're nice here!

Mel - I was wondering where you had gone. Glad you're back. What cute pics!!!

Cynthia - have you decided what you're going to do on Sun yet?

Bendmom - 3 ounces for a session of pumping falls right in the average range.

So here are my zillion new pics. I got a new card for my camera, now I'm being REALLY lazy about uploading my pics.

Anyone have good plans for this weekend?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 AM

I definitely think the cloth diapers make it harder to sit up and roll over. They also don't grab at their toes except when naked on the changing table.

Welcome, Jilly!

Did I mention McKenna is doing the same standing thing? It is so cute. Nicolas was such a big baby, that it seems odd for such a tiny thing as McKenna to be standing already. WE just have to give her a finger to hold onto and she stands quite awhile, perfectly straight.

Mel, I love the pictures. Those teeth came in like perfect little squares, didn't they? Wow!

eta: Sarah, we cross posted. Your pictures are too cute too!!! I LOVE the ones of Jack wearing his baby while vacuuming. And what a good photographer he is! Oh, and I had to show dh the cosleeping pic, since he must think we're the only family in the world that does that. And who took the outdoors picture of all 3 of you, since Jack took the others? Looks like Lucy likes her high chair. And is that a rainbow batik style wrap with black ends or somethign? Very pretty.

babies awake
Old 02-26-2005, 03:45 AM

Savannah - I just noticed what time it was. We need to get our butts to BED!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:20 AM

Sarah, those pics are adorable! What sweethearts you have. I'm amazed at how well Lucy is sitting up in her chair, ds is still so floppy if I sit him in something he just flops to the side...
Old 02-26-2005, 06:15 AM

What cute pictures Sarah and Mel!

Any other babies out there love tummy time? LaRue loves being on her tummy, whenever I lay her down she rolls over onto her belly. She almost fell off the changing table today because she rolled over, I caught her just in time. Chloë hated to be on her belly, and I mentioned it before, but she also didn't crawl, but walked first, that's how much she hated being on her belly. It's weird that LaRue likes it so much.

Jen -- I forgot to respond about our weather. Yes, it's been crazy down here. In LA, we normally have the best winter weather. We'll get two days of rain about ever month, just enough to wash away all the smog. Winter in LA is the best because you can still wear t-shirts, night time is the only time you need to have a jacket. But this winter has been crazy. We've gotten SO much rain, lots of mudslides, and houses sliding off hills. We moved into a house in June and it's been leaking and the owner doesn't want to call anyone because she says it will be too expensive. : Today we had a hot sunny morning and then thunder and then rain and then sunny again. And the thunder, oh man. The other day the thunder was so loud and was shaking the house for so long I thought that it might be an earthquake. I was very close to running to get the kids and standing under a doorway when it finally ended. Luckily though I'm in a pretty urban area so there hasn't been any flooding where I live and I'm in a valley so no mudslides too close to me. But I'm thinking that what we have had to deal with isn't much compared to other places. I think people freak out and it's been featured in the news so much just because it's rare for it to actually rain a good amount.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:51 PM

Well, T had his first taste of rice cereal last night and what a non-event. He ate 4 bites and that was all he wanted. And he woke up at 10, midnight, and 5:45, so I'm bitterly tempted to call his nagging grandma who has told me the past 3 months that if he only ate some rice cereal, he'd sleep through the night, that he actually slept WORSE. : but I shall resist.

Bendmom the More Milk tincture helps me, and I'm a pretty hopeless case.

Welcome Jilly and Julia! 9 kids, I can't imagine. My aunt and uncle had 9 kids. In a 3-bedroom house... we always wondered where they put them, then one day I got to see the basement which is where the 6 boys slept; it looked like barracks. 3 bunkbeds!

ok, off to deal with my pteradactyl, I think he did in the diaper.

j

Old 02-26-2005, 12:52 PM

Hi, Julia, and welcome! Congrats on the upcoming adoption! What fun for you to have two the same age. They'll have so much fun together. Sounds like you have a house full of LOVE!

Welcome Jill! Bhavani hasn't done a whole lotta rolling either. She just learned back to tummy a few days ago, but it's still hard for her to get that arm in the right place. Sounds like he's just fine.

Cute, cute photos, Jen, Sarah, Mel, and anyone else I missed! I'm gonna upload some new ones to shutterfly to post soon.

We went to 3 playgroups this week! It's been great to just get out of the house and hang out with friends I haven't seen in awhile, and we met some wonderful new mammas and babies too.

We found out yesterday that we're getting $4340.76 for our car. We are very, very pleasantly surprised. Apparently that's the fair market value plus tax--we thought we'd be lucky to get 3K, so we are stoked! We owe around $1200 on the car, so once we pay that off we'll have around $3000 as a nice fat down payment on something used. They're also giving us $ to replace our carseats. What a blessing in disguise this accident has been!

I'm going crazy buying used dipes on the trading post and diaperpin.com forums. After years of only prefolds, I'm branching out to pockets, fitteds, and aio's. I'm waiting on a Happy Hempy, an Ella's pocket, 2 Little Lambs AIO's, and a Roly Poly fitted. I got two more med Fuzzi Bunz in the mail yesteday , which I got for $3 each, ppd. They are cut smaller than the mediums I have for Leela and just about fit Bhavani (probably not for overnights). I also bought some microfiber terry towels at Target as inserts for pockets, and they're working great! I just have a rule for myself that I'll spend no more than $7 on a fitted or $9 for pockets.

Happy Weekend, Mamas!

Heather

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
Old 02-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Everybody's pictures are wonderful. I just told DH the other night we needed to get some more pictures of Makynzi. She was sucking on her toes just like that.

Its been a pretty stressful few weeks around here which has caused DH and I to argue more than usual. Well I have to say that last night he totally made my day and my week ! He was holding Makynzi while I tried to put groceries away and cook something to eat last night. Well Makynzi started fussing for me so he handed her to me, finished cooking dinner and putting the groceries away. Then when I made some kind of comment about Makynzi being rotten or something to the effect that she only wanted me (cant remember exactly what i said) he said "thats because you are such a good mommy" . Yes I know its silly and corny but that was just what I needed last night. I do get aggravated with Makynzi not ever wanting me to put her down or to be anywhere she isnt getting my immediate attention but I know it is because I am the ultimate comfort for her. A lot of times DH and I disagree over parenting issues especially with babies because DH really is better with older kids. Now I know that he really does respect and appreciate the AP way I parent. It just felt so good to hear it !
Old 02-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Mandy, what a super pick-me-up! That was nice for dh to do and say.

Heather, way to score on $3 ppd FuzziBunz! Holy cow. Unheard of. Once I perfect my pockets, I'd like to practice some ideas on some Sept. mama babies... I'll let you know.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Leigh - where'd you get them, how much, and how do they attach to the bed?

We use these bed rails on our bed. I think they would work for your futon because they attach together under the mattress and ratchet closed to customize for mattress size. I think we paid $15 for them at the consignment store, but they seem to average $35 or so new.

~L
Old 02-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Sarah - loved the pics - esp the one of Jack nursing his baby!!! And him slinging his babe and vacuuming - that's a classic. Gotta save that one for his future wife :LOL

We're doing a little better with the milk issue. I still need to get some of the More Milk plus. We're stopping solids b/c I think it was making him worse.

Heather - congrats on the car situation.

Welcome to the new mamas!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 03:29 PM

Love the pictures Sarah. My favorites are the ones of Jack slinging and vaccumming too! Lucy is sitting so well in her high chair. She has such cute eyes.

As for sun I'm still undecided. I've heard so much contradicting infomation. If I do use sunscreen then I'll use natural and oragnic sunscreen.

We have started going to story time on Tuesdays. Desi loves the songs we do. We also go to playgroups on Monday. We do those things on the days that I can get the car. Its hard not having a car sometimes but its a sacarfice I'm willing to make to be a SAHM.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:53 PM

Welcome more new mommas!

Sarah, I think it's about time young boys learn to take care of children and the house at an early age . His future partner will thank you! We got Aidan a doll two years ago for Xmas and he takes it everywhere. The other day he asked me to help him diaper his baby. I can't believe she has her foot in her mouth, Bryn is on the couch next to me w/out a dipe so he can move around an dry out. The closest he has come is holding his foot.

I am surprised I guess that 3 ounces is normal. I hear these moms telling me that they et like 5-6, and I think, OMG, how is my child thriving if that's all he's getting. But if your milk comes in continually, then I guess that's okay. The wierd thing is that I don't feel my milk come in for like 4-5 hours.

FFatale- Bryn rolls over so much at his changing table I have pretty much given up trying to get anything done on it . I just bring everything out to the livingroom unless it's a blowout. Dh will make comments, but I don't see him trying to change a baby who is desperately trying to roll over in the process.

I put Bryn in his first new AIO yesterday and he got a horrible rash. I changed him 3 time in less that 5 hours and put A&D on him, it just got worse. I put a sposie : on him for overnight, and the rash is almost gone. Am I missing something here? I washed the diapers once before putting them on him, but now I am washing them again just in case. I have 4 large ME Sandys in mint condition. Anyone want them? I was thinking $30 for the lot and I have a mint liner I can add. I'll take care of shipping too. I desperately have to make up for all those AIO

I'm glad you are getting enough back for your vehicle. Now comes the hard part in going to dealerships and trying to find a car, deal with the dealer, get it checked..Those dealers are rotton from our experience. The only dealership and car we have good luck w/ is Saturn. We have run that thing in the ground and it's still going(knock on wood). The dealer was really great too. Good luck!

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama

User Tag List