Jan/Feb 2004 mamas.. IT'S FEBRUARY!!! happy birthday to us! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are all the babies? how have all the birthdays been? for you planning birthday parties.. how are they going??

I'd like to congratulate those of us who have reached the one year nursing milestone!!!!! (for some of you that I know have not been able to continue bf'ing, I'd like to congratulate you for all your hard work and sacrifice this first year!) I will be reaching that milestone in exactly 17 days! I feel so excited about Vicente turning a year! but I don't think he's a toddler.. nope, NOT YET! he's still a baby, and I had a talk with him and told him he doesn't have permission to be a toddler until further notice so that's the rule on entering toddlerhood in our house.

The invitations to his birthday party are OUT. We are having 2 parties, a friends party and a family party. Both themes will be trucks, and everything is all planned! I have invited lots of people, so I didn't do the "one friend per year" rule, I think I invented more of a "10 friends per year" rule, because I have lots of friends and I want everyone to celebrate with us this important day in our son's life!

Vicente has not been sleeping well, and he's grabbing everything, breaking everything, screaming, biting me, and well, being an almost one-year-old but when he's sleepy he still cuddles in my arms and nurses to sleep. (except now he likes to scratch my other breast his little nails.. ouch!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving-my-babies

Vicente has not been sleeping well, and he's grabbing everything, breaking everything, screaming, biting me, and well, being an almost one-year-old but when he's sleepy he still cuddles in my arms and nurses to sleep. (except now he likes to scratch my other breast his little nails.. ouch!)

That sounds like Celeste! I have been having a hard time with her scratching me while nursing, but she is a little better the last day or so.

Other than that nothing new, except she has discovered the word "DAT" and points at everything she wants saying DAT DAT DAT until you give it to her (or not! in which case we give her something else).

Who stole my signature!
#3 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 AM

: Alyssa is officially 1 today!

I wondered if we would still be here or if we would have to move to the toddler forum. I'm not ready for that yet either. Alyssa is doing great. We had her party last Sunday because my mom had knee replacement surgery this week, so we had to do it early. I got her a bunch of bath toys, but of course at bath time what does she play with, the wash cloth and soap bottle. She is finally sleeping better now that she is walking. It must take a lot out of her. It's just amazing to think she was my little 4 lb girl a year ago and now as dh says "she's like a real little person."
#4 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 11:52 AM

Happy birthday, babies! One week from today is Aidan's birthday. And though I've never been a baby person, it IS kind of bittersweet that he's my last baby.

What's going on here? I've been more exhausted than I ever was when he was a newborn. I don't know it's ME or if it's the chasing after him all day that's doing me in.

Either way, I am this stage! Everything is new and exciting!
#5 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 01:39 PM

Hey everybody!Joy's a year old.Hard to beleive Shes walking!Tries to talk.Signs more,I love you ,night night and drink.Calls her brothers bubbas.Hollers da-da when she hears the front door open in the evening.Holds her little phone and says Hi Jess! for her big sister who moved out and got married this fall.Doesn't seem like life slows down just goes faster!Still nursing and eating-tasting everything.She's finally taking a nice long nap mid-day which gives me somewhat of a break.Hope everybodys doing well.I've really enjoyed hanging out on mdc.Sometimes its been a real emotional support!
#6 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 03:20 PM

Happy Birthday to all the young babes!!
:
I, along with PP's, have a hard time refering to my little man as a Toddler, rather than baby. But boy has he got the additude of a toddler. When this kid wants something, he wants it, and there isn't anything that can distract him.

We are still nursing all day and night long, and I'm still happy with the relationship. DS still grunts and makes all kinds of "mmmm" sounds when he nurses, you can tell he's savoring the moment, very cute. Lucky we still have such a strong nursing relationship. He has been sick or a week now, and refused to eat. Dh and I didn't have to worry about him not eating, because he was nursing.

So we're hoping to be all better by Sunday for his second Super Bowl, and first Super Bowl party. I didn't much feel like taking a 3 week old out to a party mid flu season last year. But he wore his Patriots bib and cheered his team on from home. This year his grandpa got him a T-shirt to wear, so he'll be the cutest Patriots fan anyone has ever seen. He loves to hi-five his dad, so that I'm sure will be a hit at the party.

Oooooo, I almost forgot. Last night he and DH were playing on the floor with alphabet blocks. DH taught him how to stack them. Usually DH would stack and DS would knock them down. But last night DS started to stack, it was very exciting. He made one tower 7 blocks high! I'm so proud.

Okay I guess I better rescue the cat, he has her trapped in a corner now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page