September 2004 Mamas - March Thread - Our babies are 6 months already!!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly
But I think a lot of people think of all that kind of stuff (AP) as being anti-Christian, just because it's not part of mainstream Christian culture, and people don't hear about it, so they just do what they know, ya know? But then once you learn about AP and baby wearing and co-sleeping it just makes so much sense as a way to value your baby and do what's best for them, rather than trying to work this poor little person into your schedule.
You're right, Jilly, I used to think that AP and Christian culture were opposites, but lately I'm starting to realize that it's really not (depending on the person). I came across a website called "Gentle Christian Parenting" that had some awesome stuff on it about AP and cosleeping and basically parenting your baby gently, even if it did mean you were going to be working really hard for a couple years (harder than the schedule, CIO crowd). I'm not religious, but sometimes I go to my mom's Unitarian church, which has the basic philosophy that we're here to make the world a better place (which I love).

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 03:47 PM

So sorry to do this Mamas, but we found out yesterday that Kate is an inch too long for her car seat!!??!! I have to buy a car seat TODAY! I know someone posted a way to find the best deal on the Britax online, but I tried searching for it and can't find it...HELP!

TIA!
#423 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Hi Anna and Jen- Nice to ..read you?

I'm sorry about your dad Jen, that's hard.

FF- I understand what you are saying and agree that alot of times parents blame things on a generalization. They did that with SIDs for a long time till they realized drinking, smoking, blankets, all that stuff was being blamed on it as well. Of course there is real SIDS (where was I going with this?) But I went to the Ped and his throat is red and swollen and his gums are white and streched out, and have lost the pink hard ridge that they have before they start teething. I initially took him in because I thought he had ear infections bc he was grabbing at his ear, but she said they see it all the time with the swollen throat and the pain of teething they can feel it all the way through their ear canal. He is also a very easy going happy baby who is rarely fussy, so it makes sense, kwim?

Interesting about the Unitarian thing. They do something similar at the Spiritual Awareness Community, but they are so wishy washy and seem to have no direction it drove me nuts. They would give sermons from chapters in 7 Habits of Highly Sucessful People. Not exactly what I am looking for.

Bryn also just recently fell off the couch. He fell asleep and I left him there because I was sitting right next to him. The dog made a noise and he rolled so fast right off he was still waking up when he hit the ground, poor thing. I remembered when Aidan fell of the couch for the first time and I called 911 and had an ambulance come out. Thye basically saw I was a new mom and told me he would be fine. I didn't pick him up the entire time I waited for the amb. because I thought his back or neck could have broken. I was convinced he was crying that hard because he broke something. How psycho now that I liik back on it.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#424 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
OK, Jen, I'll work on more terry fitteds. I'm doing a few pockets and my first true AIO next... I got this adorable pink/white tie dye terrycloth last time I went to the fabric store. Does your friend have a girl?
Yep - if you've seen T's web page then you've seen Estella - and Cheryl is totally into tie dye so that would be perfect!!!

Those UUs, they are so floaty but I've heard they have a good sunday school. Then again, so do the Quakers! Everyone sing, to the tune of Glory, Glory Halleluia: "Thank you kindly, Friend Lucreeeeeeeetia... Thank you kindly Friend Lucreeeeeeeetia..."

Jen the aspiring Quaker (if only we could make it to Meeting...)

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#425 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 05:02 PM

I shared this the other day in TAO, but it's pretty funny. It came to dh through his wetwesties westfalia group forum.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/bluelens/146538.html

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#426 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 05:15 PM

Jen- where did you get your chair pad for T's booster?

#427 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
How psycho now that I liik back on it.
:LOL

I have to say there's a rather large ocean of experience between my 1st and my second :LOL

Got some goodies for Mieke's easter basket yesterday. I'll be having lessons on the virtue of sharing, too

We 'celebrate' easter - as in doing the egg hunt, etc. We'll even go to church, as my parents and dp's mom are xtian. But we are (dp would say agnostic and I would say athiest) not religious ourselves. Though I have thought of trying out the local unitarian church.

Dp's in Amsterdam by now - lucky boy :LOL

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#428 of 524 Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 PM

We are also looking for a carseat. Although we may just go with one that our insurance company offers a discount for. We pay $25 for a convetible car seat.
Desi can still fit in her carseat, but she is going to outgrow it in length real soon.

Today we went to a birthday party for someone in our AP playgroup. It was really fun. Desi didn't nurse well though. Too excited. Someone made vegan cakes. One was wheat free and chocolate. It was yummy!

We bought a Dyson for $299. Its the Animal one! I'm so excited. i can't wait to use it. Here is the link where we bought it from: http://www.heartlandamerica.com/cgi-...&hiword=DYSON+
#429 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeministFatale
I don't know about that whole "teething for 5 months." That would mean that a baby would be in the process of teething for the whole time that the baby gets new teeth. For me, it seems like if a baby is drooly or cranky for those 5 months, maybe the baby is just a drooly baby who is gets cranky for one reason or another. I think that when people keep thinking that crankiness and things like that are teething that might stop them from really trying to find a reason for the crankiness. Like, I hear babies crying and fussying and the mom or dad will be like "oh the baby is teething" and then not to much to try to find a way to help the baby feel better because if it's teething there isn't much you can do. But what if it's not teething and the baby has needs that aren't being met at that moment and that is why the baby is cranky? I'm not saying that if your baby is cranky and drooly s/he isn't teething, but after a month or more and no teeth, I would think you would have to realize that maybe the crankiness wasn't because of teeth. But who knows, that's just my feeling on the subject.
Yipes! I say that (she is teething), because I get tired of my
Grandma, my Mom, MIL, complete strangers etc...saying "what is wrong with your baby"...so to me I do use it as an excuse , but not because I don't want to find out what is wrong with DD. It is usually her just being tired (not a big napper this one), and I do think sometimes it really is teething.
#430 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganbaby
We bought a Dyson for $299. Its the Animal one! I'm so excited. i can't wait to use it. Here is the link where we bought it from: http://www.heartlandamerica.com/cgi-...&hiword=DYSON+

I have that exact Dyson - it's even purple - and I LOVE it! It is the best vaccuum ever!

You will not believe the stuff that comes out of your carpet with that thing, and it's very lightweight.
#431 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 01:14 AM

Hi all!

ff your slings are really lovely! How much experimentation did it take to get a sling of your own design that you found comfortable and effective? Did you buy alot of slings first, or afterwards? Just curious, I've considered making my own and felt overwhelmed by the idea. The fabrics I saw you using are so HOT!! Let us know if you end up selling them online.....

bendmom, that posting joke was pretty funny.
That's exactly why i love posting and reading here... we don't have a bunch of flaming, correcting, arguing posters insulting one another. Being involved in this group has been such a supportive experience.... I was just realizing that I've been posting here for over a year. Seen a lot of mamas come and go, it's interesting what different mamas have shared with us..... I sure miss our AWOL mamas... ironically, I seem to be one of them! I used to post about 10 times a day!!!!!! So, if any of you "old school" mamas are just lurking.... blueviolet, adventuregirl, Caroline, cuddlemama.... the list goes on and on.. hi! from me, and hello! to all the new mamas I haven't really gotten to know yet!

Having a lovely visit with my in-laws today. Mielle is the star of the show and is being showered in affection. They just bought a high chair for this house, it's pretty cool. They have offered for us to take it home for the time being, seeing as how we don't have one yet....(waiting for that tax refund!) Mielle has been crawling around here much to the delight of her Grandparents. they are entranced by her every move!
I'm having a bit of a dilemna with foods being offered to Mielle right now, a few weeks ago I allowed her to taste ice cream when we were here and now it seems like they assume they can feed her ice cream whenever we are all having it.... I don't want to be grump about it, she's hardly getting more than a taste of it, and everyone is enjoying it so much.... BUT. I don't really want her eating sugary stuff. Maybe I should buy some healthy organic baby food to keep here so they can have the fun of feeding her without feeding her crud. I am not feeding her solids yet, except for little tastes here and there of what I'm eating. I don't want to be a food Nazi, but i do feel like I am being overtrodden a little here. And I am the one who deals with her poopy diapers, so I do have the right to say no.... humm...

Is anyone else using hands signals with their babies? I've been making up my own and been enjoying it. Mielle has yet to mimic any of the motions, but seems very interested in my hand motions when I use them. It reminds me that I am teaching her language and that I should be consistent and have fun with it.

About teething.... I am no expert, but must insist that when Mielle is having teething pain she is not her usual self. Using Hylands teething tablets seems to help and keeping "chew toys" availalbe is essential.
Maybe I am quick to tell relatives etc that she is teething (when she fusses) but perhaps I just want to reasuure them that it isn't personal when she fusses for them. She seems to be entering a stage where she wants me around ALL the TIME... I seem to be her "safety blanket" and she is alot fussier for people she doesn't know well. Earlier this week her Grama seemed pretty hurt about Mielle's reaction to her... it almost seems like that made it worse. Mielle got even fussier and clingyier (the more Grama got sad about it) Oh well, hopefully this stage won't last too long.

Speaking of Grama's... some of you may recall that my mom stayed with me for an entire month when Mielle was born. At that time My mom and her husband decided to move back to the area (they live in Montana) Well, Mom's gonna be here in 2 weeks!!!! I am so excited! They will be living with my brother and his wife while they house hunt, which should be interesting.... Mom has an ancient blind nearly incontinent cocker spaniel, Brother has 2 very spoiled fat anti-social cats, should make for some interesting stories, don't you think??? Anyway, mom's coming and I can't wait. There is no one besides my hubby Jerome who I would rather trust Mielle with. Mom's so very pumped to be around Mielle, it's gonna be awesome! She's just one of those women who exude confidence and enjoyment around children. She's so comfortable and fun that kids just react well to her. I am hoping to have mom watch her for us so we could go out on a DATE together!!! Ohhh... that would be so fun!

Well, it's getting late, i better start packing up the family and heading home, it's gonna be a busy day tomorrow.
Love to all and have a Happy Easter Day, welcome SPRING!!!!!

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#432 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
So sorry to do this Mamas, but we found out yesterday that Kate is an inch too long for her car seat!!??!! I have to buy a car seat TODAY! I know someone posted a way to find the best deal on the Britax online, but I tried searching for it and can't find it...HELP!

TIA!
http://babyuniverse.com/

Best prices that I could find on the Britax plus FREE shipping. I live in GA so it took a week to get here. Though, it'll probably get to you quicker in TX.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#433 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
I shared this the other day in TAO, but it's pretty funny. It came to dh through his wetwesties westfalia group forum.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/bluelens/146538.html

That was SO funny!!! :LOL
...and so true...

I want one of those Dyson vacs - they are a bit $$ - are they worth it??? veganbaby - let us know how you like it

Anna Banana - Hooray that your mom is coming!!! We don't have any family close to us, so I know how psyched you must be to have family nearby!!!

ETA:
Sign Language - I've been doing signs with ds for almost two weeks. I found info on this site: www.borntosign.com They have a 'cheat' sheet you can print out. I did and put it on the fridge. They also have a dictionary with videos showing how to do the sign. He's not doing any signs back, but I can tell her knows what I am doing. So far, I am doing: MILK (right before he nurses) POTTY (when I change his diaper) ALL DONE (when I'm done changing him or when he's done nursing). It's so cute because when I do the sign for milk (I also say the word too) he gets all excited and starts patting my breast, so I think he's understanding - which is just so cool!!!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#434 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 01:58 AM

Thanks, Mama Bear! Just ordered. Can't wait to get it.
#435 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 03:53 AM

You know, when Chloë was a baby and cranky I would use that as an excuse sometimes too if people were expecting to see joy instead of crabbiness. Now that she has all her teeth I have nothing to blame her crabbiness on, darn it. I was basically saying that it seems impossible to be teething for 5 mo. and no teeth showing up and that maybe the crankiness is attributed to something else, babies get cranky a lot and it doesn't always mean teeth, you know? Also that it seems like it would be easier to fall into a trap of not trying to find other ways of making the baby feel better if you are blaming it on teeth. I'm not saying any of you do this or anything, I'm just saying that it can end up being a trap and that 5 mo., even two months of teething and no teeth sounds unrealistic. And these babies could end up popping a tooth in a few days, but I still don't think it took that long for it to pop out. Isn't the most painful part of teething when the teeth start to break through the skin? Isn't that why it hurts and why molars are so much worse because it's more tooth cutting through?

Banana Girl -- That's great that your mom is going to be moving closer to you! That will be so nice, I love having my mom close by.

About the pouches -- It took my about 4 pouches before it was perfect, the other pouches are fine and do their job, but aren't like my present ones where you put it on and are like "ahhhh, this is a dream." You know what I'm talking about? There was the adjusting the depth of the pouch, the curve of the seam, and the sizing, now it's oh so nice

I actually decided to open up an Ebay Store Front to sell them from. It's free and really easy and it's somewhere that people can buy from or even just them check out. I'll post a link when I have it all set up. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

And speaking of pouches and sewing, I know I've posted a lot of pictures lately, but I just this one. This was from today, finishing up an order.
http://www.snapfish.com/viewsharedph...=SYE/otsi=SPIC

LaRue is in my all black sling, on my back, hanging out while I sew. Pouches/slings/baby carriers are the best things ever.

I sign with LaRue, not as much or as consistently as I should. For us, it's important for our kids to learn sign language because their grandfather is deaf and grandma is hard of hearing (my partner's parents). Chloë knows lots of signs, LaRue doesn't know any...yet. One of the best signing videos around are the Signing Time videos. They are so well done, I've seen some pretty cheeseball signing videos, but this one is actually really good, I've actually choked up a few times, it's that good. They are for babies until 5 years old, but everyone can get something from them. I've learned signs from them too. Here's the website www.signingtime.com, the story behind the videos is so sweet. And I love how all the signs are ASL so kids really are learning a second language.
#436 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 04:17 AM

FF, that picture is so awesome! I've been wanting to try sewing with a baby on my back... But I've never figured out how to adjust my wraps like that. (I really need a spotter. Waaaaah. My slinging irl friend has been busy and/or sick for months now and we haven't been able to get together to have a sling "party".) I could sew even more if I could wear William. Little stinker.

Hi Anna! Always nice to hear your sunny posts...

Jen, I definitely want to make a diaper for Estella. I think I'll do the pink terrycloth and then even embroider/quilt (I really don't know what to call what I do) her name on the butt in pink too. Does her mom like personalized baby stuff?
#437 of 524 Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Jen, I definitely want to make a diaper for Estella. I think I'll do the pink terrycloth and then even embroider/quilt (I really don't know what to call what I do) her name on the butt in pink too. Does her mom like personalized baby stuff?
I don't think Cheryl has anything against personalized baby items, especially considering that it's hard to find Estella among the standard name stuff (as is certainly also true of Tristan, LaRue, McKenna, Mielle, Bryn, etc, etc... ) but the name across the butt might be a bit much for her. That and they are planning on adopting more kids in the future and want to put them in cloth too... but the tie dye will rock Cheryl's world, I can guarantee that. If you wanted to personalize a onesie or something I'd be happy to cough up some extra change for that. Estella looks ridiculously good in pink. She's so darn girly.

Jo woke me up this morning with a cup of freshly made coffee my week is made.

Happy Easter!

j

ps: etq&a:

Quote:
I want one of those Dyson vacs - they are a bit $$ - are they worth it??? veganbaby - let us know how you like it!
$299 is nothin'. We have a Miele with a HEPA filter and it cost twice that
: but it's super or, the ultimate in vacuum praise: IT SUCKS! :LOL

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#438 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 12:39 AM

Welcome Zenn - Ozz!
I'm in upstate NY too. Also, intrigued by your name (look at my info below).
So glad you and your baby are so madly in love. Isn't it great?
Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#439 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 12:50 AM

Bendsmom--
where do you get the "mesh" container for the food?
Sounds great!
Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#440 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 AM

You can get it at One Step Ahead. I can't remember how much it was. It only comes with one mesh bag, and so far I have washed it the moment he is done with it. Otherwise I think they are sold in packs of 4. I found them at a local upscale baby store as well. You might call around so you don't have to pay for shipping too. Use the coupon from coupon cabin in the one step ahead thread here on the life w/ babe forum if you go that route. Hope everyone had a great Easter

#441 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 02:02 AM

OOps, forgot to add these. Easter was a non -event here today. Rained, so no egg hunt. Dh put Aidan's basket together and put both whole bags of candy in. Even my bag of mini cadburys : Ate a bunch of candy while dh coached, Bryn slept, he's so cute

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EegNXLNs0ZuHnQ

#442 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 02:18 AM

Cute, Becca, I like the series of Bryn wriggling out of his chair. It looked veeeerrrry familiar, LOL. And that cutie has some big thighs, doesn't he?? What a handsome little dude.
#443 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 02:30 AM

Savannah- Does Nicolas have a mohawk in that pic?

#444 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 02:39 AM

Why, yes he does! :LOL Dh did it as a joke while buzzing it, and Nicolas wanted to keep it that way the last two times dh cut it. Now we're letting it grow a nice length again, so he'll look more like a 6 year old. He looks too grown up with the buzz! I saw some old pictures of him and missed his pretty blond soft hair.
#445 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 06:34 AM

Hi Mamas!

Bendmom, your kid cracks me up! I love his facial expressions.

It sounds like a lot of the Sept. babes are really mobile. My buns only sits with support and even then she still falls over more than stays up. She is no where near crawling though either. She rolls over and scoots herself up (in a laying on her back position) with her feet.

Easter was really nice. We went to my parents for the day, nice hour or so drive, and we brought one of our close friends along, there were about 14 of us and a few younger kids (cousins). We had brunch and my parents were really sweet with DD.

DH is taking this week off, so we are going to (we say) get a bunch of stuff done to the house. We have high hopes.

Hope you are all doing fantastic!
#446 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 06:36 AM

Hi Mamas!

Bendmom, your kid cracks me up! I love his facial expressions.

It sounds like a lot of the Sept. babes are really mobile. My buns only sits with support and even then she still falls over more than stays up. She is no where near crawling though either. She rolls over and scoots herself up (in a laying on her back position) with her feet.

Easter was really nice. We went to my parents for the day, nice hour or so drive, and we brought one of our close friends along, there were about 14 of us and a few younger kids (cousins). We had brunch and my parents were really sweet with DD.

We have the Dyson (yellow one), and it is great. I really think our old vaccum was just pushing the dirt around. We have mostly hardwood floors and some larger rugs, and it really gets the animal hair and dirt/dust out.

DH is taking this week off, so we are going to (we say) get a bunch of stuff done to the house. We have high hopes.

Hope you are all doing fantastic!
#447 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 12:52 PM

Hi, Mamas! And welcome new Sept. mamas and babes. I've been reading but too busy to post lately. It's exciting to hear about all the crawling, rolling, nearly-crawling babies. Bhavani suddenly became more mobile this weekend. She used to be pretty content lying on her back and scooching around a bit, but suddenly she's rolling over several times and covering some ground, and also making attempts at commando crawling. She's sitting better, too, but still working on her balance and endurance. She's grabbing for everything that comes near her, too. She likes to watch us eat, but when I"ve held little things (tried some applesauce) up to her lips she just turns her head away. I'm going to hold off on solids for awhile, anyway.

We bought a 98 Nissan Pathfinder a couple of weeks ago to replace our rear-ended Corolla, and we're loving it! I love sitting up high, and it's great to have an automatic after years of a manual transmission. There are tons of backroads in AZ that require high clearance and often 4 wheel drive, so it's a very usefull vehicle for us. We took a long drive on dirt roads last week and had so much fun--saw some beautiful country, and the kids loved it. We drove around 70 miles without seeing any other vehicles. We stopped by a creek and Shankar and Leela had so much fun throwing in rocks while DH panned for gold (his hobby/obsession) Unfortunately we forgot the camera.

We had a fun Easter weekend. We don't celebrate it in a religious way, either--more of a celebration of spring/new life, etc. The kids dyed eggs with my mom and we hid them in the backyard. Then Shankar and Leela and their cousin stayed with my parents while dh and I went to Ikea with my brother and SIL. I love that place---it opened not too long ago in AZ, and it was our first time there (we'd been there before in CA). We bought a few little things and drooled over others.

Jen--Yeah, you don't tend to see personalized stuff with our kids names--maybe in India, but not here in the US! And Bhavani looks ridiculously good in pink, too, with her fair, rosy skin.

FF--Yes, definitely post your ebay store link when you get it put together! I would love one of your pouches. The fabrics are just yummy! I have this crappy, ugly, frumpy Nojo I picked up at Goodwill just to tide me over and it sucks. I love my Ultimate Baby Wrap, but sometimes I just want something I can throw on! Can't wait to see more of yours!

Savannah-Sorry you didn't make much on your dipe, but keep making them--so cute! I have a Kissaluv size 1 and really like the soft terrycloth.

Anna-great to hear from you, and how wonderful that your mom is gonna be living close by! Sometimes I wish we were even closer to my parents--an hour and a half is pretty good, though.

Leela wants me to read her a Maisy book, so gotta go do that. Sorry I didn't resond to more of you personally--I"ve gotten way behind again!

Heather

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#448 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 03:00 PM

Hello all! We had a lame easter around here. DH had to wake up at 4am to finish his sermon, so by the time he was done all his church related obligations he was exhausted, so we didn't do anything. : Oh well, my first year teaching was like that, too. I was so stressed I didn't have energy for anything except teaching. And I was bummed out because I missed all my friends. I think next year when Andrew is bigger we'll have to start some kind of easter tradition.
Oh, for those of you who remember my post a thousand years ago, I found out I am not pregnant. Kind of sad/releived. DS is really high needs, so I don't know that I have the energy to grow another baby right now.
We are not too mobile here, either. Andrew is strong enough to move, but he is so easily frustrated that if he can't do something right away he just screams. And then I ask myself, "in 5 years, which will be more important? That he crawled a month earlier or that he knew that when he was in distress someone was there to help him?" and pick him up or roll him over or whatever. I generally give him 30sec - 1 min to do it on his own first. My sis says that only happens with your first :LOL .
BUt we are REALLY grabby, which has led to a few disasters around here. On Fri. night Andrew was pulling on my nose while nursing and he decided to stick his finger up my nostril. Well, his sharp little nail scratched my nose and it started bleeding. And then when I went to grab a kleenex to stop it, of course he grabbed the kleenex and I bled all over him. Then yesterday I was baking with him in the back sling hold, and I had the dishwasher on. It's one of those old school ones that you have to roll over to the sink and plug in. And I set a pyrex measuring cup full of milk on the top of the dishwasher and turned around to keep mixing my other ingredients and next thing I knew -- SMASH! -- there were bits of glass all over the floor and it was covered in milk! I managed to get all the glass off the floor, although I do have the tiniest sliver of glass in my foot. Not big enough to see and pull out, just big enough to feel when I walk.
Teething for tooth #3 has escalated. He was squiring and complaining in his sleep last night and fussy all morning, but is finally napping now. I must admit I do use teething as an excuse, but only when old ladies ask me if he's sleeping through the night yet and I don't feel like going into an exposition on co-sleeping and breastfeeding practices
Becca, I love the kids size magnetic poetry! I need some. Hope all you mamas are doing well.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#449 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 03:19 PM

Good Morning! I was wondering if someone had a link to the breastfeeding growth charts. I am curious to see how David ranks on that chart vs. the chart that they have at the Ped's office. Currently he is holding steady at 14lbs. 10oz and 25 3/4 inches long. That puts him in the 10th percentile for weight and 25th for height. I am not concerned but just curious.

David has been crawling for 2 weeks now and he is loving it. He has discovered the cat food and carpet fuzz. I vacuum 3 times a week and I am still pulling carpet fuzz out of his mouth. YUCK! He is also cutting both of his two bottom teeth at the same time which explains all of the fussiness. I can see two white lines so it won't be long before they pop out. Hyland's is a God-send!

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#450 of 524 Old 03-28-2005, 03:31 PM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page