September 2004 Mamas - March Thread - Our babies are 6 months already!!! - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2005, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sistermama - great pics, love the bunny ears

Ok, so i'm gonna talk poop now. If you don't want to read a yucky story - stop now :LOL
So, ds is not a frequent pooper. He'll go once a week. BUT, when he finally does - it is ALOT. (anyone else's babe like this?) Ok, so here's the yucky part - today I went to a friend's house for lunch and a walk in the park. Ds decides to have his weekly poop at her house. I didn't realize at first that he went, until I started smelling something. So, I pick him up and yup - I smell the distinct poopy smell.
So I go to change him and it is ALL OVER!!!!! Exploded out his leg – so when I take the diaper off, his hands go right into the mess. Then his hands reach up for me. So now, not only is he covered in poop, but I am too and her whole changing pad also. My friend comes to ‘help’ me, looks at the mess and says “I think he needs a bath”. So we hose him off and clean him up.
In the end, he’s clean, I’m clean – everything’s ok. Thankfully, her son is the same age, so she was completely cool about it all. It was just such a mess!!!!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 12:42 PM

Christine, yuck! WHY do they insist on reaching down in the poopy regions??? ha ha

Kristin, your poop missile story is absolutely hilarious!

Becca, I am so excited for you about the TV station. That is definitely an unexpected blessing. You'll do great! If I were closer, I'd have the baby over to play.

Hi, Anna! There's a giant booming thunderstorm going on here right now, actually... And we also played outside yesterday -- 4 hours at the playground, in like 70 or 80 degree weather. Aaaaaaahhhh. I met some other AP mamas for a play date at 10:30, and Nicolas and twins and I stayed until 2:30! The babies were soooo happy... We tandem nursed publicly twice, and my friends helped me secure them in two Mayas and they loved it. I'll post a picture soon. They even took a nap that way, and I walked around making a scene, LOL. Actually, it was like old home day at the park (first nice warm day in weeks)... I saw about 6 moms from our church; 5 other twin/triplet moms and their kids (!!!), and met 3 new friends. Nicolas made new friends too and played really well.

The best part of that day was ... as we were driving into the parking lot, Nicolas was saying that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart!!! I was so excited and proud of him. He's been telling me for months that he had already asked him, but no adult has prayed that prayer with him, so I kindof played it down. But I could tell this time was real, was different, that he knew what he was asking and was serious about wanting it now! =O) We were late for our play date because we had some snuggle/talk/prayer time. Then the rest of the day was his special party day, since the angels were celebrating in Heaven, too. Last night we finished the day with a little family party at my house where he made his special announcement to granddaddy, aunt, uncle and cousins.

And at the park, McKenna saw a little 9 month old in a stroller, waving his hand at someone. Then it looked like she imitated him and waved too. I thought it was cute. At the party last night, she waved hello and goodbye three more times, at appropriate times! (In fact, when we tried to get her to do it for the camera, she refused... smart girl; nobody was arriving or leaving, LOL) So it was a fun and busy day.

Oh, I carried William in the Maya on my back, and then on top of that I had McKenna in the wrap in the front, snuggling in. I tried again to put William on my back last night by myself, with dh's help, and failed miserably. :LOL It seems so simple when the other babywearing moms are helping...

We are going to organize an Earth Day community picnic... with a natural parenting theme. My LLL friend also runs two organic food co-ops, and another friend is the local EC and babywearing contact. So we'll have it be sponsored by LLL, Real Diaper Association circle, Organic foods co-ops, and Nino babywearing group. It will be a fun, relaxed chance for families to not only enjoy each other, but meet other similarly minded families, and get their AP questions answered and even get help with breastfeeding, babywearing, etc. I won't promote this part, but there will be people there who have had home births and don't circumcise, don't vaccinate, etc., so it will be a definite wealth of information different from anything the families around here are hearing in their normal routines...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
The best part of that day was ... as we were driving into the parking lot, Nicolas was saying that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart!!!
Just reading this brings tears to my eyes!!! How awesome!!!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:58 PM

Lucy is so cute!

The weather is so nice her too! We went for a walk. I may even walk to the mall today to pick up her pictures.

We close for the house tomorrow! I can't believe it. I'm so excited!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM

I'm jealous of all the warm weather you guys are having!! It's been snowing like mad here, avalanches, etc. Oh well, I've been too sick to go out anyway. My friend called and I told her I was sick, and she got all excited and said "Oh, so you're probably dealing with a sick baby now." I told her no, he was just fine, and had in fact never been sick. She got all huffy and insisted that I was exagerrating, no baby makes it 6 mos. without getting sick, etc... It turns out she thinks I'm making it up to try to prove that breastfeeding is better. Not something I need to prove, I think it's already been done! :

Anyway, Miles still has no interest in solids. For his 6 mo. b-day I gave him some Avacado, and he not only made a face and spit it out, he scraped his tounge off with his fingers. I am pretty sure when he does get interested, I'll have a "do it myself" child on my hands. He wants to get the spoon himself, but then when actual food hits his tounge, he gets angry and throws the spoon across the room. I did buy some of those "dippers" to try, but that still seems messy. Oh well.

Also, I looked up his height/weight on a website, and it said 50-75% for weight, and 25% for height (5% for head!) I think I have a little squatty guy here. Seems to be opposite from many of you.

About pics printed, I have used the kodakgallery (formerly ofoto) that my links down below are on, and have been pretty pleased. They run free offers a lot, so I don't pay much. I print a lot off at home, which is a good option if you buy paper in bulk at Costco or somewhere like that.
Enjoy the sunshine ladies! Me and my pasty white legs will be inside by the heater staying warm!

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
Old 03-31-2005, 03:11 PM

Bendmom -- so cool about your TV spot for your business! Too bad Seattle's about a 7 hour drive or Thor and I could play with baby!

UGH So last night was BAD. :
Thor went to sleep about 7, woke a couple times but went back to sleep, then woke at 12:30 WIDE awake. Talking, cooing, playing with his feet. I tried to ignore him and rolled over, but eventually he was too loud and waking DH. Thor didn't want to nurse, so I got up and tried to rock him. Thought it worked, took him back to bed, and layed him down and his eyes were wide open. : DH got up and rocked him and the same thing... no sleep! So, after rounds of rocking, snuggling, lying him in his crib, at 3 am he finally gave it up and nursed to sleep. He woke for good at 7:30 this morning.
Anyone else having this issue? He used to wake at 3:30 wide awake for only a half hour or so.

I'm wondering if he could be restructuring his sleep habits... he has been taking 3 naps a day but maybe he's ready for 2?

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:02 PM

Ashley- Bryn just went through that waking in the middle of the night too. Maybe stopped two days ago, so knock on wood, but it was a pain. I had to get up twice a night to get him back to sleep . I think it is just a phase. I wouldn't do anything different because that might entail it's own set of new issues-IMO.

It seems like Bryn is cutting teeth or teething, then it stops, then starts up again. I can tell because he starts biting and nawing on anything he can get in his mouth. I can even see the tops of the two bottom teeth completely : as they have stretched that part of the gums back. I wish they would just come through already!

Cynthia- Congrats on the closing! That's really exciting. My dream is to paint my own walls non white someday. Until we have about $30,000 of our $50,000 in student loans paid off, we aren't going to bother with even looking for a loan for a house.

FF- how's the store front through Ebay going, and the tags whith your pic on them? I'm excited to see it all.

Bryn threw the spoon at me yesterday as well. It was an accident as he grabbed it without knowing what was going on. It was full of blueberry and apple and it went allover me and the wall. The dog has found that Bryn's booster is the place to be!

I should go shower now, my cup of decaf is almost gone and I think Bryn will wake up soon ffrom his one of two morning naps. Man, this kid can sleep.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
Old 03-31-2005, 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=bendmom] I think it is just a phase. I wouldn't do anything different because that might entail it's own set of new issues-IMO.[QUOTE]

Good advice. In the midst of nighttime sleepiness and confusion I often think I should start doing something different. I always second guess myself, KWIM? I wonder if I'm doing something wrong -- if I should change our sleeping arrangement. But DH always says he just thinks it's the way DS is... he's just not a good sleeper... and says that he would sleep even worse if I tried his crib or a mattress in his room. I've already tried a mattress in our room, but he just woke up more. I just keep repeating the mantra, "This too shall pass... this too shall pass..."

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:47 PM

LaRue sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night, I just pretend to sleep and eventually fall asleep while she talks and plays for awhile. After a little bit she falls asleep too.

No, I haven't gotten the store front done yet, but it should be done by next week. I took some pictures for the business cards/brochures, but haven't put it together yet, I need to photoshop some stuff for it first. For the past 2 nights I've been sewing a dress for Chloë instead of doing that. Hopefully by next week it will all be up and running. But thanks for asking
Old 03-31-2005, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Savannah, sounds like quite an awesome day!! Congrats to Nicolas! That's so exciting! I remember being little and saying that I was a Christian even tho I knew I wasn't yet - I wanted to be! I can't imagine how cool it must be to be the parent in that situation, though! Gabriel's just turned 3, so I'm guessing we've still got a while.

Oh, there's a church nearby that we've visited a few times (we prefer another but it's a lot further away) - and there's a pair of b/g twins that are 6 days older than Iain - and they look like William and McKenna! It's so funny to see babes the same age with such a resemblance, but so far away it's obviously not them (and there names are Nathan and Tatum - Nate and Tate ).

Okay, the boys need me...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:27 PM

Savannah, that's awesome news about Nicholas! YOu must be thrilled!

Bendmom, congrats on the talkshow spot.

Andrew has also not been sick yet, and he'll be 7mos next week. Frankly, I'm amazed because I've been sick twice and dh had a really bad flu, but DS has missed all of them. ARen't babies supposed to get 3 - 6 cold / flus in their first 2 yrs?

We went and bought another car seat that is easier to buckle and more comfy today. It meant driving 1 hr into Prince Albert, though, which was a bit of an arduous journey becuase I made it with ds myself. The only thing that calms him down in the car when he's fussy is "patty cake" or "this little piggy", so on the way in I went through the entire alphabet of names with "pattycake" and the little piggies went to every town we passed. Fortunately he slept onthe way back.
We've also had relatively gorgeous weather -- in the 50's. The snow is melting and you can see grass (brown grass, but still grass). I took Ds out in the stroller twice this week, although after a winter of lethargy I'm not up to jogging quite yet. I just hope the snow melts in the park soon so we don't have to leave the stroller on the edge and trek through it to get to the swings.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 04-01-2005, 02:11 AM

I just wanted to post that David has a tooth! It cut through sometime last night. It is a sharp little sucker! I went to a sling party tonight and we had about 20 moms show up. It was a lot of fun. David got to play guinea pig for some of the moms that didn't bring their babies. He was in a happy mood and flirted with everyone.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Old 04-01-2005, 03:13 AM

UUUHHHHHhhhhhhgg! I was JUST about to take Miles to the emergency room just now. I would have been pretty embarred, since it was a tooth! He was fine when I put him to bed, then woke up screaming HYSTERICALLY. I felt his gums, and there it was, a tiny white thing. I just didn't think that it was such a sudden, horrible thing. He's finally asleep again, thanks to Hylands tablets. It's funny, because I was just telling DH that my nipples are more sore than they've been in awhile. He also had a very frustrating nursing day. Now I get it!

So hjohnson, I'm right there with ya.

Now on to the biting......(hopefully not)

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Our April Thread

User Tag List