September 2004 Mamas - March Thread - Our babies are 6 months already!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I was about to consider a sale to the nearest traveling caravan of merchants yesterday as ds was super super fussy.
Then lo and behold, today I'm seeing a little white where another tooth should be coming through soon.

Note to self: When you find yourself gazing outside for traveling caravans, consider the possibility of teething....
#122 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 03:46 PM

And happy birthday to bendmom and jen (and cynthia last week)! :

And Stacey, i'm glad you're not letting yourself worry about the developmental milestones. those things can drive you crazy! What FF said is so true. They all reach the milestones at different times and it's no indication of future intelligence or anything like that. i was looking through my baby book and i didn't sit until 7 months or walk until 13. My ds still isn't rolling back to front but i figure he'll do it when he's ready and feels like it.
I get mixed feelings about ds' milestones. on the one hand, I'm so happy because i think the more he can do the less fussy he'll be, but then i already mourn the little baby he was. If i'm nostalgic already, just think about when he graduates high school, college and then eventually gets married! I'll probably be the mom who's always pulling out pictures and saying, "oh, remember when you.... that was so sweet... look how cute... ahhhh!"
#123 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Leomom- they are at one of the buisnesses on these ads. I can't remember which one, I've found it when I randomly click on the ads. I think you can also go to mothering shopping, and click on search, then type in the phrase.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#124 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 04:08 PM

to Jen and Bendmom!

Talk about chatty... we are already on page 7!

Okay note to self... DO NOT LISTEN TO DAVID on cough medicine advise. :doh :doh So last night he decided I really should take this cough medicine with an expectorant in it. :doh :doh Well I coughed for almost 45 minutes straight at about 2am. NOT good at all. Got to the point that I was gagging and choking I was coughing so bad. Cough medicine is REEEEEALLY nasty the second time around too. So I didn't get hardly ANY sleep last night and he had drill this weekend so he was gone at 6am. Jack of course was up bright and early at 7am and so was Aidan. I'm sooo tired. I hate being sick! I'm praying for a nap today... but not holding my breathe.

And I'm tired of having sick children too. It's really tough to be have three kids sick to take care and be sick yourself let me tell you. Thankfully Tori is pretty much recovered. I swear the entire month of February is a blur of coughs, snotty noses and gooey eyes. Just when everyone is better and almost fully healthy... someone gets sick again. I swear we are just passing it around or something. Well it hasn't help that after the Jan and Feb FSG meeting, we've gotten sick again. Just when we are recovered!! And both Tori and Jack had pink eye from it this last time too. I'm amazed that I haven't gotten it. Aidan has only gotten the gunkiness but not actual "pink eye". Let me tell you, they do NOT like to wake up with their eyes crusted shut or let you clean it off easily. Even though I've been washing my hands like crazy (they are nice and red too!) I still find myself rubbing my eyes in that weird selfconsious way because their eyes are all funky. Poor Jack everytime I clean up his eyes he gets mad and then he'll cry which just makes more and more goop come out. Totally .

My little girl turned FOUR on Monday. Being sick made for kind of a bleak birthday for Tori last weekend. We weren't able to have a 'kids' party for her because I didn't want to expose other people children to end of the sick cruds. We had a small party on Sunday (my mom came to Austin for part of the weekend) and Tori got to open all her presents and have cake. I had to make a DARK PINK cake for her because "that's my favorite color". Took a lot of red food coloring to get it dark enough. We went to Red Lobster for lunch, her choice because she's on a shrimp kick right now and she wanted shrimps with "tails".

And this weekend is Jack's birthday. He's TWO tomorrow. We took him to get his first "official" haircut earlier this week. Here are some of the pictures. He looks like such a little boy now. His cheeks look so much chubbier now. :LOL I can't get over how different he looks. My little man...

Jen- we had that chair! I got it for David years ago. I sat in that chair a lot at the end of my pregnancy with Tori and did a ton of nursing in that chair. My mom has it now. I highly recommend getting the matching footstool.

That shirt is from www.granolathreads.com. I love Keri's stuff and she is a real sweetheart too. I want to get a t-shirt for Aidan "Blissed Out on Mama Milk". I had a NB onesie for him with that, also a "100% Adorable" & a "Breastmilk Only Please". Tori has a "Big Sister" and Jack has a "Big Brother" shirt. She's got lots of different color t-shirts, not just white.

Okay I need to try to get a round of naps going. I'll be back later.
#125 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 04:35 PM

Hello again ... I introduced myself last month but then had to work lots & was sick lots, & y'all move so fast I couldn't keep up! So, today is my birthday too -- I'm 39, and this is my best b'day for a long time because I finally have a little girl & don't have to be sad about getting old w/no kids; but also the saddest birthday ever, because my mom died just over a month ago, so this is the first time this day has ever come without her. Funny, my whole life I have never quite focused on how your birthday commemorates when you were actually, physically, born, but this year I really understand that, since I have both given birth, & lost the wonderful person who gave birth to me & took such good care of me. I don't know how I would be surviving this time without my daughter (the other Lucy on the board).

Lisa

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"
#126 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Happy birthday Lisa. Hugs to you for celebrating it without your mom, but enjoy it with Lucy!
#127 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Aren't milestones funny? I love to make fun of them. Also, when precisely do they happen? DS rolled over 5 times when he was 3 months, then didn't roll again until last week. I was on this website where you can post a digital baby book, and I was looking at all the milestones I was supposed to have kept track of and I was overwhelmed by my inadequacy as a milestone monitor. Oh well. I think it has a lot to do with baby temperment, too. Andrew is an uberbaby and he pushes himself really hard all the time, while my friend's baby is super relaxed and just likes to check out the world, so in theory he's more "advanced" than she is, but she is much more pleasant to be around because she's not so high-needs and driven.

Anyway, I sliced open the end of my right index finger last night, so I can't type more in case I re-open it. HOpe all the sick babies are recovering!

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#128 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't bath my baby as often : . Jen- Happy Birthday to us! :
I also don't bathe Alex very often, about once a week. I figure it's good for his skin not to bathe too often. :

Happy B-day Jen and Bendmom!

I'll post the recipe for pumpkin ice cream - it's really easy and it came out really good. I highly recommend the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream recipe book!
#129 of 524 Old 03-05-2005, 07:47 PM

wow, all these birthdays on one day!!

Happy Birthday Bendmom!!!

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#130 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 12:20 AM

Hugs to you Lisa and Happy Birthday! Give Lucy a big kiss.

Mom2Tori: Jack is so cute! Tell Tori Happy Birthday! And I hope everyone gets better!
#131 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 01:10 AM

Welcome back, Lisa, and happy birthday!! I'm so sorry about your mom.

LOVE Jack's haircut pictures. He's a doll! Healing vibes to you all... (what's an FSG meeting, anyway?)

Ouch, Jilly.

LOL at Denise wanting to sell baby to the caravan... Hopefully that evil tooth will pop through quickly!
#132 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 12:43 PM

: Mamas!
We have a birthday around here today. Liam is 5. He's my train boy.
#133 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 01:47 PM

Happy one-day-belated birthdays to Jen and bendmom and Lisa, and Happy 5th to Liam! Shankar will be 5 next month--can hardly believe that! Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish you comfort and healing, and I'm so glad you have Lucy to help with that.

I'm mostly posting to do some shameless photo sharing of my kiddos! Adorable haircut pix, mom2tori!

Here are my photos: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeIOWLZm3cNn9g

My mom is up for the day-YAY! She is just so wonderful with the kids and I love getting a break. DH has been SO busy with work lately. It's good to know that money is coming in, but sometimes I feel like a single mom! DH helps as much as he can, but he's had so many deadlines lately. We really need a vacation, even a 3 day one!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#134 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 01:52 PM

Cute! Nice toofers.
#135 of 524 Old 03-06-2005, 02:38 PM

Those are some BLOND cuties, Heather!
#136 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 12:10 PM

Man, I was in withdrawal yesterday.

Kate is so much better. Just a runny nose and some congestion.

She stopped taking her paci while she was sick and now I think she wants it back b/c when I rock her to sleep she's rooting for it. Sometimes she nurses instead, sometimes not. It's hard because usually I can just put her down for a nap with her paci and she'll fall asleep on her own. But, I figure now is as good a time as any to try to break that habit. But, it's tiring....I had to have dh hide that pacis from me b/c I've tried this before when she was sick last time and I got tired one afternoon and slipped it in for that last nap. And that was that.

So, now dh has hidden them and I told him not to give them to me unless I sound TRULY DESPERATE. :LOL

He asked me if I was being mean by taking them away, but I told him I wasn't letting her cry, so I'm not upsetting her, right? I figure it's easier now when she refused it for a week than just cold turkey on some random occasion. What do you guys think?
#137 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 12:15 PM

Hi All!
We were out of town this weekend - but i've caught up on reading. We visited my SIL. It was nice to have a change of scenery.

Hi new mamas

Happy Belated Birthdays!!!

to sick babes and mamas

Ds is finally consistently rolling over. He doesn't sit up well - just kinda leans forward :LOL He's outgrown his 6 - 9 mth clothes Hopefully my MIL will be doing some shopping soon. He's the only grandbaby - so quite spoiled

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#138 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 12:59 PM

Stacey - I haven't given Lucy her paci over the last couple of days either. She was getting sores all around her mouth from it, in combination with the snot and drool that is currently coating her poor face. I think I will stop giving it to her myself, but leave them around for dh to use if I am not there or available. I also figured now was a good time to get rid of it.
#139 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 01:51 PM

I agree that it's probably a good time to wean from the pacifier. If she hasn't taken it all week, she'll adjust better. Andrew just stopped using his in december, and we were sad because it was right before we went on a 2 hr car trip and he just kept spitting it out. Sigh.
I had my friend visit for the last few days. It was cool to see her, but weird becuase she't totally not an AP parent, and so I felt kind of shy about all my baby wearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering stuff. But she was cool about it. And I didn't harang her for giving her ds formula and 3 meals a day at 7 months. So it was all good. But now it sucks because she left and I'm all alone in the middle of Saskatchewan again. . Oh well, there must be someone out in those wide open fields and skies that I can click with. It's all a matter of finding them. Ok, i'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself now. Today I think I should sell myself to a passing caravaan 'cause I'm so cranky!
On the bright side,it's sunny and both Andrew's bottom teeth are almost through. Hopefully it will all be over soon.
Heather, cute pics. I'm so glad this site is back up and running again!

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#140 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly
Today I think I should sell myself to a passing caravaan 'cause I'm so cranky!

Could ya loop down here and pick me up?
#141 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 05:50 PM

Happy belated birhtday to Liam!
Cute pictures Heather!
Stacey~I hope that Lucy starts feeling better. When do you want to meet up? GL with the pacifer!
#142 of 524 Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM

Holy Cow. I think I went through withdrawl as well.

Since I couldn't spend all day on the computer, I went for walks with the fam every day and our son learned how to ride a bike . The things that happen while you are MDC free . On the other hand, Sat. the weather started doing something weird; it has been like 70 every day, and will continue for at least the next week. Dh left for Jackson Hole Wyoming with the comp. kids for a competition and will not be home for a week. I immediately went and spent money : He gave me money for a new pair of sandals for my birthday, but my brother lives in L.A. and said he's gonna get me the pair I want( Chaco $95) for $50. I think I could get into some serious trouble if I went to visit him :LOL Also, My inlaws bought me a new sewing machine for my b-day. Which is great! But I don't know how to even turn one on, let alone find this *bobbin* everyone talks about. Hans can sew really well, so I have to wait a week for him to get back before I learn what the foot thing is for :LOL

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#143 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 12:24 AM

:

#144 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganbaby
Happy belated birhtday to Liam!
Cute pictures Heather!
Stacey~I hope that Lucy starts feeling better. When do you want to meet up? GL with the pacifer!
Cynthia, Lucy is Sarah's dd...mine is Kate. :LOL So many babies to keep up with. My grandmother died yesterday, so we're going to her funeral this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'll be beat next week...so maybe we can get together the next week....
#145 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 12:35 AM

70 degrees! holy cow.

Tristan has an intestinal bug. GROSS. Nasty poos.

All of you on the caravan, why don't you stop here? It's bright and sunny, it will cheer you up.

Stacey... sorry about your grandma.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#146 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 AM

An intestinal bug? That does NOT sound fun....

Kate has started making the peradactyl squeals...what IS that? :LOL

Thanks, Jen, she was in a lot of pain so this is for the best.
#147 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 04:48 AM

My poor little baby has not been feeling good, I'm not sure what is going on. She didn't even wake up crying as much as she does now, when she was a little newborn. Normally she stirs a little, I give her the boob while sleeping and we are all happy. But the past few nights she just wakes up crying and doesn't want to nurse at all. Then today she broke out in a rash on her forehead, big, red, and blotchy. So then I was thinking maybe she is sick or something and the rash is connected with the waking up crying thing. Who knows?

Tomorrow we are going swimming, it will be the first time for LaRue in a pool. My mom got her pool all heated up and since it's been really hot here, I think in the 80s, hot enough that I need to turn on the air conditioning in the car, it will be nice. Chloë's been so anxious to go swimming.
#148 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 11:08 AM

Just popping in to say "hi!"

FF - hope LaRue perks up.

Thinking of your family, Stacey.

Jen - heard about that position for Jo yet?

Happy Birthday to all you birthday girls and boys!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#149 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 01:06 PM

ff, hope that larue is feeling better soon...

jo has not yet sent in her application materials, the job closes end of march. interview probably in april. still, keep fingers crossed.

i was putting t down for a nap and he always seems to wake up when I try to pull my hand out from underneath him - this time he was still mostly asleep so I ducked down next to the co-sleeper - he fussed a bit and I was ready to stand up and pick him up and rock him again when he went silent - I cautiously stood back up and peeked over the edge to see that he had pulled his Silky (a square of silk with knotted corners) over his face and had fallen right asleep.

yes, I did remove it from his face before I left the room.

Off to have a morning while he naps.

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#150 of 524 Old 03-10-2005, 01:14 PM

Jen, Kate does that with her lovey right before she goes to sleep and right when she wakes up. She seems to be taking a big whiff of it. It's adorable, but it does sometimes make me nervous about suffocation....even though it's really light and doesn't cover her whole face.... I'm a worry wart, though.

Kate is feeling good, but is still a little congested and has a really runny nose. I really want to fly to my grandmother's funeral tomorrow. But I'm afraid it will cause Kate to get sick again. Any thoughts???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page