September 2004 Mamas - March Thread - Our babies are 6 months already!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama
I've had one period since October 2001 Guess the 2yr child spacing through extended breastfeeding works... :
Yeah - my girls are almost *exactly* 2 years apart (9/17/02 and 9/5/04)!

Pretty sure we caught the first pp egg :LOL

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#242 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmum
What is everyone's babe riding in in the car?
My ds is riding in a Britax Wizard. We switched him out of his infant carseat a few weeks ago (too big for it). The first few times in the new one he was quite figety (is that a word?). But, now he really seems to like it. Much more comfortable than the infant one. He has more room to move. Especially his arms - he likes to throw the toys I give him :LOL And he can see better. He likes looking out the windows.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#243 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Man, there is NO way I'd invite one of those nannies into my home. I'd probably end up strangling one of them.

I agree about consistency (how can you not) -- I see this constantly, for instance at the store the other day this mother was threatening this little girl, "I'm counting to three. Do you hear me, I'm counting! One... two... I'm counting now, listen, listen to me, I'm counting! One, two... stop doing that. Stop doing it right now. One... stop it or we're leaving. Are you listening to me?" And this went on and on. I was embarassed for the mother, it was painful to listen to. And the little girl just ignored her the whole time (and I don't blame her one bit...) (I never did figure out what the girl was doing wrong... whatever it was, it wasn't obvious. Not like my children who are runnin up and down the aisles and making fart jokes and laughing hysterically...)

Re: baby cereal, isn't it kind of just empty calories? Kind of like eating white bread would be for us? (Not like the chocolate ice cream I'm currently giving Rowan tastes of :LOL)

Carseats: I was going to bite the bullet and buy a Britax, but I went and looked at them and was not all that impressed. I then found a carseat at Target for $60 or $70 with very nice padding. I don't remember the brand name (the label came off) but I think it may have been the Graco Comfort Sport. The baby has been very comfortable in it, unlike my other kids who always hated their (hard) carseats. I don't know why they don't just make *all* carseats comfortable. You'd think it would be a given.
#244 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 05:19 PM

Good Day Everyone!
I too saw Nanny 911. I was in tears (PMS withouth knowing it) when the little girl almost kill her little brother. Very shocking how a family can get to that point.

Is everyone starting to feed solids to their babe? I've started bananas and such.

Below is a link to pictures of my pride and joy. Just had to share.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...&Uy=ljvur&Ux=1

Mother to Willow Andora 9/20/04
#245 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 05:21 PM

#246 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 05:38 PM

I'm thinking of making the no-sew ABC from mamatoto and was curious if anyone here has one? Did it work well? Any advice?
I have a Maya Wrap and I can't figure out the back carry and was thinking the ABC would be better for that. TIA

Solids - every few days I try to give ds some food, but he gags and spits it out, so I guess he's not ready yet. He does drink water from a cup though.

#247 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 06:11 PM

Still haven't started solids, but I did start reading Super Baby Foods yesterday.

Give me your two cents on this, please, Mamas: LONG! SORRY!

Exactly 2 weeks ago, Kate quit taking her paci because she was sick. So, when she recovered I just didn't give it back to her. I thought this was as good a time as any to break her of it. She only took it to nap, and occasionally to go back to sleep at night. I suspected her paci was one of the reasons why she is a poor sleeper, so I was anxious to break her of the need for it to sleep. It was so easy to put her down for naps. When she showed her tired signs, I swaddled her, turned on the mobile, gave her the paci, and left the room. And she went to sleep on her own.

Well, now that we don't use the paci....I have to rock/bounce/swing her to sleep and cannot even think about laying her down partially awake. Which I am fine with b/c I feel that in time I can gradually rock/bounce/swing her less and less and put her down a little more awake each time.

BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS:

At night, she is waking up every 30 minutes to an hour wanting to suck back to sleep...she didn't used to do this at night when she used her paci for naps..but now it's like she didn't get enough sucking during the day, so she makes up for it with my boobs at night. :LOL

Needless to say, i am exhausted and I feel like she is, too. So I'm starting to second guess myself and wonder if she needs that sucking she was getting from her paci. I don't know if I should give it back to her, or if I'm just sleep deprived and giving up to soon.

Are there any of you who have been through this and can advise me? Part of me wants to keep it up and see what happens, whether or not she eventually stops needing the sucking...but the other part feels like it's been 2 weeks and it's not getting even a little bit better.....

Also, I do use Pantley's gentle removal when I'm bfding for naps and at night...but she still wakes up wanting to suck back to sleep regardless...

What should I do?????
#248 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Can't chat now, but my babies are waking to nurse more often at night lately, also... I was thinking it's either teething, or cold air, or snuffly noses...
#249 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 08:55 PM

That's another ? I have...Kate is also having teething pains and in the past has wanted to suck on her paci more often when teething. I guess it helps massage her gums?!? Am I being mean to not let her have it while she's teething??

Oh, I just don't know what I should do?? Would I be caving for her sake or mine??? Mothering can be so confusing...
#250 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 09:53 PM

Cute pics, Birdland! Oh - the 'made in oregon' pick made me yearn for my portland days! Dp and i lived there for about six months in the winter of '99 (WET winter!) and we'd both like to head back that way sometime...

Can't offer any advice, Stacey, but can offer s

Getting cable internet tomorrow - wooooohoooo! Going to go with VoIP, too. Very excited!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#251 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 11:21 PM

Thank you for the open arms welcome to me and Lulu! I can tell this is a nice bunch. Aren't Sept babies GRAND! I swear we love our little double Virgo (balences me the hot Aires and my husband's aquarian floatyness).

Lulu went to the dr today for her six month check up and shots. We do almost all the vac's. (that's another story, but in part born of my personal experience with pertussis). Anyway, the dr. says he concerned 'cause she gained only 3 oz. in the last month. She's just shy of 16 lbs (fiftieth percentile) and is 27 and a half inches tall (90th). The dr. says she should have gained three times that amount this month. The theory is that all the barfing she is doing is limiting her weight gain and he wants us to supplement with a rice thicken formula and more solids. The theory is (and it is true with her) the thicker it is, the better it stays down.

But, I look at Lulu and she looks fine. I can't see that she is underweight. Has anyone see a similar "slowdown" in weight gain in an otherwise healthy baby? If you look at Lulu you'd say she's a tall, slender baby.

We'll try the formula. Lulu already enjoys rice gruel from a spoon. She thinks bottles are yucky so my husband has a little campaign ahead of him. I wouldn't mind her taking up the formula habit as it will give me a little freedom.

Just FYI regarding sleep habits, to those moms discussing it: Lulu gets rocked to sleep by her dad around six pm. I take her, around 630/7pm half asleep and nurse her in our family bed, and she sleeps there alone til 1 a.m. or later (I join her in bed around 9pm) She then does a few asleep nurses towards dawn and is always awake by six. It's a lot but most of it I am half asleep for and she doesn't even open her eyes.

In July I plan to make some changes when my husband (on vacation from school) can help with night parenting. I will probably cut down her reliance on me to sleep, cut down on the night nursings. Who knows. I just want some more sleep then. I'm cool for now.

Regarding back carrying, I love the "ergo." It's very, ehh-hem, ergonomic. I can wear the baby on my back and do cooking, laundry, dishes, etc. I have a touchy back and it is the only thing that works these days with a 16#er. I've used a sling (quick and easy but ouch my back) and an infantino (similar to a bjorn -- hurt like hell after 20 min).

I still use a sling when its just for a few minutes because you just slip the baby in, no straps, etc. But to get work done around the house for an hour or more, the ergo is great. I still am learning how to use it and need help to do the back position, but that comes with time and also a slightly older baby (or a baby who has more torso strength than mine does now). Lulu falls asleep as I work and I pull the hood up to keep her head from bobbing around. It's great!

OK, to bed.
We just got a new cat (due to mouse explosion in house -- awoke with one on me!). She's a real hunter. As soon as she acclimatizes, I definately will let her go out and hunt. Apparently she is afraid of cars, so I feel OK about her being in her element -- the Catskill wilds!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#252 of 524 Old 03-16-2005, 11:27 PM

Hi Mamas. LOOOOVE all the pics of the babes and families. One of these days I will get with it and try to post pics of our buns.

I don't like the Nannies...just not my style. I don't watch a lot of T.V. and I don't want to waste it on them. I have seen them, and was not loving their methods, and like anything else on TV, major editing.

Buns teethes on and off, but still no toofers.

Still not eating solids, she doesn't seem to keen on them. We try banana, and avacado but nothing yet.

I still have not had a period.

We have that Britax car seat and really love it, although I don't have anything to compare it to, it works for us and I have been very happy with it.

Buns does not like tummy time. Like you Jen (and Tristan), she will be happy for a few minutes while nekkid, but forget it after a few minutes. She isn't sitting up on her own, only for a few seconds and I let her fall on to some pillows and she thinks that is really great.

Does anyone else have to deal with the TONS of questions "is she eating solids yet?", "when are you going to stop breast feeding?", "Is she still sleeping with you?", "Why isn't she sitting up/standing...etc..." Exhausting I tell ya!
#253 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 12:51 AM

We have an Evenflo Triumph Five. We like it a lot!

As I said we have a Kozy and it is an ABC. I like it a lot. I am still getting used to it, but I use it mostly with him on my hip. He likes it, too, and it is so much easier on my back! I still use the sling, too, but only for short amounts of time.

Sorry I can't be of help Stacey. Julian doesn't take a paci. I actually never even offered it to him. He does wake a couple of times at night wanting to suck back to sleep, but I am so used to it now that I don't mind at all. I'm usually half asleep when he does it!

As for the weight gain. I have not had a problem with Julian's weight gain slowing down. He is a big boy and weighed in at 22 lbs and 8 oz at our last appt w/ the doctor. He is off the chart for weight, but the doctor says he is perfect. He has only had breastmilk so far. I plan on starting him on rice cereal just to get him used to taking solids. I plan on mixing it w/ breastmilk or water. Can't decide which. What do you mamas do? When he is used to eating off a spoon we'll go to veggies and fruit and cut out the cereal. That is the plan anyways

Here is a picture of my little man. I don't think I've posted any before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../julian4mo.jpg
#254 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 12:52 AM

I just lost a huge post that I've been writing for like the last 45 minutes!!!!!!

GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
No time to rewrite it, so I'll just say hi everyone and leave it at that.

hugs to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#255 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 01:00 AM

Hello everyone!

It has been quite a few days! Miles MUST be going through a growth spurt, because he has been nursing at least twice the normal amount, if not more. I am desperately trying to build up my supply, but am having a hard time keeping up. I got measured for a new nursing bra today, and they had to special order it because, get this, I'm a 36J! No wonder no shirts will fit me.

About binkis: I am a fan. Never thought I would be, but there it is. I got these ones (MAM) that have little bumps on one side, and grooves on the other, and they massage the gums. My nipple thanks the binki. I figure you do what you have to, and every babe has different sucking needs. I won't let him have it all the time, though, and I will take it away before he's too old.

Solids: I gave Miles some Oatmeal w/bananas mixed w/br. milk at about 4 1/2 months, and he lapped it up like there's no tomorrow. Then I got busy/decided he didn't need it, and now that my supply is trying to catch up, he won't eat ANYTHING. I've tried it all, no luck. I hate having a crying babe who is hungry! I wish my frozen supply hadn't been ruined by our fridge dying, but oh well.

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
#256 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 01:47 AM

No good advice on the pacifier, Stacey. Tristan will only occasionally suck on one while reading a book. We try to get him to suck on it then so that he doesn't feel the need to stick the book in his mouth on every pageturn. To me it seems, though, that if she's waking up to do that kind of sucking, it's not good for your or her sleep which is an all-around Bad Situation. I don't think it would necessarily be that bad to let her have a pacifier at night. Pacifiers themselves are not evil; it's their overuse or using them when it's really another need that is the problem.

Julian's cute, Samantha!

bunsmom my mom has been asking me since about 2 mos. when we were going to start Tristan on solids. Now that he's on solids, I don't know what will be next. Probably ramping up the solids he eats quicker than we like. Either that or sugar. I think we'll be having a large fight on our hands there.

Liz your daughter sounds like she's got Tristan's dimensions. I've been told that what's more important than lbs and oz is that they stay in relatively the same percentile from visit to visit. I'd suggest that you could give her rice formula via SNS instead of with a bottle but 1, if you've got a good milk supply she wouldn't get much from the SNS and 2, it probably would not flow through the tubes well because of the rice starch. Good luck!! We have an Ergo too and it takes me 2 or 3 tries to get Tristan in it; I don't have flexible enough shoulders to reach behind me and get the back of it up under his arms so I have to get his butt in just right. Usually he gets crabby with me which makes *me* crabby with me!

Linda it depends on the kind of cereal you feed, brown rice is a complex carb and a whole grain.

ok, gotta go to sleeeeeeeeep!

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#257 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 04:09 AM

Quick heads up. They are going to delete the old Sept04 Due Date forum soon. So if there is anything that you want copies of for Baby books now is the time to get it.

Off to save a bit more.
#258 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is NO way I can keep up with this thread! Oh my! But while I have a quiet few moments (and finally a DSL connection and computer I can use until mine gets here!), I thought I'd say hi and post a quick update.

So, I guess I posted that we made it here safely, two weeks ago tomorrow... And Friday is my baby boy's birthday! Not much of a baby anymore - he'll be 3. He still answers to "baby," though, and I hope it'll last!

At this point, we're pretty well settled in - as much as we can be without our stuff, I guess! DH's car got here tonight (in the back of an 18-wheeler moving van!), so that's a start. The guy moving the rest of our things was hoping it'd get here in the next couple of days - so we're waiting to hear. I will be very glad to have my own computer back! Not to mention clothes - the washer here started leaving rust spots on Iain's diapers, so no more clothes washing - and I only had one week's worth! I got DH to watch the boys Monday night and I went and found the local mall! I ended up hitting three department stores and came out with some clothes I'm really happy with. (Like, I have never *ever* worn Tommy Hilfiger in my life, nor wanted to, but one store had a great sale on Tommy clothes that fit really well and I !)

The best thing about going out was DH had Iain for several hours (as I picked up dinner on the way home and that took forever), and while I got several phone calls from home, none was with a screaming baby! Iain was pretty eager to see me when I got home, though. :LOL

I'm trying to keep busy here, getting out, exploring the area, even just cleaning house. The boys are doing pretty well and tending to nap - most days I end up with one (albeit sometimes short) period with both of them napping.

I've also gone ahead with the direct sales business I'd been stewing over before. It's a little freaky, because I *really* want to make it work, but I knew *no one* here before we arrived. I have met some nice mamas at the local park, though, so hopefully I can be brave and make it work. :LOL The nice thing is, there's not much of a problem if it *doesn't* work here. I can pull out, then sign up again when we go home. Anyhow, as soon as my stuff arrives, I'll be keeping myself busy with stamping, too.

Iain is getting so big! I can't believe he's almost 6.5 months old! He sits really well unassisted. He'll play with his toys whilst sitting, and lean over, sit back up, over and over, etc. Once in a while he'll fall over - poor baby, especially if he lands on the hardwoods here! Ouch! Speaking of ouch, he rolled off the bed last week... the high bed over hardwood floors. He hadn't rolled much since then, but last night rolled some more. Whew. Before the fall he was rolling from both back and tummy and in both directions, but not yet across the floor.

He does scoot around, though - backwards! :LOL It's funny because Gabriel never did that - he went straight to army crawling. Iain doesn't mean to do it, either. He pushes up on his arms and in doing so inches back a bit. When he's trying to play or get to his toys, he does that alot - and can move across the room! He's gotten good at turning himself around, too, so he'll scoot backwards and then rotate around. If he gets a little more organized in it, he won't even have to move forward. :LOL

I gave Iain his first "big boy" bath today. I had to bathe both of the boys by myself, so I put Gabriel in the tub and washed him first, while Iain played on the floor (on his back, lest he fall over). Then I let the tub start draining and put Iain in with just a couple inches of water. It's still surprising to me how well he can sit up by himself! He was SO cute sitting there in the tub! He got excited and "jumped" a little bit a few times - and made himself move around. :LOL Of course, I didn't think to bring the camera, and with no one else home, we got no pics. But he was really cute!

We're still waiting on teeth here... Gabriel had his first one by now, and Iain is definitely making progress. I'm SO tired of wondering all the time if he's fussy because of teeth or what. I'm getting chomped on when he nurses, so I know something's happening!

Iain is still in his infant carseat, which is rated up to 22lbs and 30". These days we leave it in the car and rarely take him in anywhere in it, unless he's asleep and likely to stay that way. So, we're using it more like a convertible. He'll move to Gabriel's Britax Roundabout when we do make the switch. I do think he'll like it better, but I want to get my use out of the infant one, given what we paid for it! :LOL (Besides that it is still convenient sometimes!) We'll move Gabriel to a Marathon or Wizard, as he's getting close to the top height on the RA and I want him harnessed as long as possible.

We went to the office supply yesterday and actually had Iain ride in the seat portion of the cart, with Gabriel walking. It's so wierd to get used to Iain being big enough for that! We do a lot of : slinging these days, but there are times when I need a break or will have to be doing things where he'd be in the way (like at the office store). I saw someone demo an ABC type carrier - we'll have to check out these other options that might be helpful. Any excuse for a new baby carrier!

So, welcome to the new mamas, and hello again to everyone else... Hopefully I can keep up to some degree, but as fast as you mamas move, ya never know.

ETA: My DH has been blogging our trip and stuff here, so you can see a couple new pics of the boys here:DH's blog

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#259 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 11:20 AM

Cute pictures Mamas!
I have an ABC which I adore. I'm working on making another one but my stupid needles keeps breaking. The tension is on 0 so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Stacey I don't know what to tell you other than good luck! Desi still nurses to sleep. I wish that Fred was more of a nighttime parent but he can be impatient with her sometime and I don't want her to cry in arms.
Heather glad that you had fun on your trip.
#260 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 02:41 PM

Birdland, it looks like you need to sign in to see the photos? Do I have to sign up with ofoto to do that? btw, I have a Willow too. Hey, and I see you're in Oregon. I know the sign well. Welcome to MDC!
#261 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 02:42 PM

leomom - ds still uses a paci for naps and sleep. He won't take the breast unless he's hungry. If he just needs to suck he prefers the paci. I've tried offering the breast in an attempt to wean him - but he wouldn't have it. I am planning on eventually weaning him, but he also sometimes has reflux and the sucking on his paci helps that.

weight gain - ds gained alot of weight in the beginning, but it has seemed to have slowed down. He hasn't been to the ped yet (appt on the 28) but I am thinking he hasn't put on much since he last visit. He has been much more active so I think he's just buring up more calories. After a feeding he seems satisfied, so I am not worried about him not getting enough.

Loved all the pics mamas!!! We have the cutest babes around!!!

#262 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM

We just went to the Ped. yesterday. Bryn is 17 pounds and 27 inches. The nurse said she always tells people who have bf babies that is really good . I knew he lost a few from being sick, but I thought he would catch up quicker, no biggie.

The doc asked how many times he feeds during the day, aand I told her when every he wants. She asked how many naps, I don't know, five 20min. or 2-3 2hr naps? Then she asked how long he was sleeping at night, I said he sleeps with us and that he pretty much eats all night long because he is so active a nd alert during the day, he eats mostly at night. She was not that stoked, whatever . She asked if he was on solids and I said pretty much no. He gets a few fingerfulls if he really wants what I am eating, but no cereal. She said he should be on a ceareal and I said "no, he will get constipated from the Iron, and the cereal could cause alleries down the road, he get veggies or whatever I am eating." She wasn't stoked on that either. SHe wanted to make sure that if he wasn't getting Iron fortified foods that I was taking a multivitamin (which I am) and they *suggest* rice cereal because it will not cause the allergies. SHEESH, leave me alone, Ya know? : I went and bought some organic sweet potatoes because he seemed to like it, and will puree it for him. But since the growing season is still a little ways away for veggies, I might just buy the food in jars. I don't know, He just wants to eat so bad and can't really afford out of season veggies and fruits.

Anna- I do that ALL the time

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#263 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 06:03 PM

Well...I'm reading Super Baby Foods and starting to think about solids...anyone have a feeding chair that they love? I'm not crazy about high chairs, but have seen some cool feeing chairs. What do you guys use?
#264 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 07:14 PM

I'm using his carseat right now : . Since he is just starting, I prop it up against the corner of the couch and I eat from the coffee table. This way he is right at my level. I am thinking of scouting the baby resale shops for a highchair or seat. We had both for Aidan and we ended up really liking the highchair for home use(the couple of times that he would actually sit in it), and the seat with the tray for family trips. As the dining table is covered in fabric and patterns and my sewing machine, there is just not enough room to eat there.

Aidan spent so little time in his highchair that I felt they are kinda pointless. But now I realize that Aidan hated eating food and only would bf, and so by the time he was eady to eat, he was big enough to sit in my lap and eat what I ate. Bryn loves food so much I feel that I have no choice but to get him some kinda seat . He just ate close to a whole 1/4 cup sweet potato. I finally stopped giving him any because I still wanted him to bf before he took a nap, but he was ready to finish it all. I feel like I am officially *losing* my baby .

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#265 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 08:00 PM

I guess I should make a 6 mos dr. appointment, eh? It's just last time I went she was so busy with people with the flu that she kind of rushed our 4 month appointment. We are at around 27 in. and close to 18 lbs. Ds was really skinny -- at 2 mos he was in the 30th percentile, but by 4 mos he was up to the 40th percentile and now he's chubbed out, so I think he's fine. But he couldn't tolerate milk in my diet and it made him gassy and pukey, so once we figured that out and 2 1/2 mos things got better.
Car seats . . .we grew out of our infant seat last week, and we have a convertible one that my friend gave us, but it's kind of old, and I'm wondering if it still meet safety standards because it has this bar across the front and I notice that none of the new ones do. And it's hard to get him in and out of it in our little car because you have to lift the bar up, then the bar hits the ceiling, and then we have to kind of scoot him under it . . I think we might have to buy one anyway.

We have also been feeding more and waking more at night more. we were at the point where I could just put him on the breast and fall back to sleep, but now he's fussing and needing to be walked to sleep after eating. I think his nose has got stuffy again with the drop in temperature. I've been sleeping him in the car seat, but then he's fussy all day because he's not sleeping with us. . . the joys of my high needs boy.
I have not got my period yet. I thought I was going to get it last week, because I felt like I was PMSing, but now I think I might be pregnant again because I've been nauseous for the last day. But I don't think I can do a test for a couple weeks yet, so we'll see at the end of the month. I can't imagine what i"ll do if I am. andrew is enough of a handful without me being tired and then having another baby. Oh well, if it's to be it will work out.
He is still not really moving. He just gets frustrated and screams until I pick him up or roll him. But he has tons of pent up energy becuase he's not moving yet, which I think makes it even more frustrating for him. Yesterday he went crazy in the joly jumper for like 30 min. straight twice during the day. Oh well, soon he'll be moving.
WEll, Andrew is awake and fussy, so I"d better go.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#266 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Highchair/booster: We just got a booster this past weekend. So far I really like it. It's dishwasher safe, which is a must for us! We have a highchair up in the attic, but it would just take up too much room in our tiny little place and it was next to impossible to clean. I like the booster is soooo much better already!

Carseats: After saving for a couple of months, I ordered a Britax Roundabout and it arrived yesterday! I'm amazed at this carseat and all the features. Absolutely worth the extra money and the time it took to save up for it! Now we just have to install it and have it inspected!

Periods: No sign of mine yet and not expecting it any time soon. I didn't get AF until ds1 was 22 months old. Jackson does his good quality nursing at night, so I honestly think I have a while, at least I hope.

Still have to finish up two more jobs before Jackson wakes up so I better get to it!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#267 of 524 Old 03-17-2005, 10:37 PM

I can't believe it!!!!!! It happened again!!!!!!

I just spent over a half an hour composing a message, with all sorts of personal responses to you guys... yes, all of you!!! (well... maybe not everyone) Anyway, I went to preview it and it asked me to log in!!!!!! Now it's GONE and I simply don't have time to recap!!

JEEZ that makes me so dang mad!!!

It was a really good one too, so hey just imagine a nice personal message to you from me, will you??? Thanks.

Mielle says hi!
Later

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#268 of 524 Old 03-18-2005, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamiel
Yeah - my girls are almost *exactly* 2 years apart (9/17/02 and 9/5/04)!
:LOL My first two are almost *exactly* 2 years apart too... 02.28.01 and 03.06.03 and we'd always joked we want the kids to be two years apart... hadn't meant literally. :LOL

Night weaning seems to actually be my fertility key. I got pregnant within a few weeks of both DD and DS#1 night weaning. Aidan is NEVER night weaing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmum
What is everyone's babe riding in in the car?
Currently Aidan is still in his PegPerago Primo (infant seat), he still has a little bit of room left but I'm planning on moving him into Tori's old RoundAbout in the next couple of weeks. Jack is in a RoundAbout and so is Tori. I'm going to replace Tori's RA with a Marathon. I bought replacement covers for both RAs. So both boys will have "new" seats and they'll look nice.

Stacey- Paci
I don't have any really advise regarding the paci. NONE of my children would take one after we'd leave the hospital. : At first I didn't mind but sometimes BEING the paci gets really old. I was totally Tori's comfort paci.

Can we say HALLEJEUHA! Aidan has discovered his fingers and occasionally his thumb with a PASSION!! They apparently taste really good... AND they have this slight "sedative" effect. Just wish he'd find them more enjoyable in the middle of the night... and a tad quieter.

HeatherB! Glad you got there save and sound. Can't wait to hear all the latest once you get settled.

We have a BabyTrend highchair that we got from BRU when Tori was little, its this basic style. My grandmother sent us a $100 GC so that's what we spent most of it on. It's been a great seat. Tori used it for almost 2 years from about 11 months to close to 3 years old. Jack has been using it for the past year. We stopped using the tray on it and it butts up nicely to the dining room table that we have. Jack likes that. He likes being at the table in his own chair and since he is still so "small" it puts him right at the correct level. I like that it adjusts up and down, so we could use it at coffee table height too. And it "folds" into a narrow chair that tucks out of the way. I do wish it was a little more stable in the folded position, I wouldn't leave it out in the middle of things it will tip over to easier. But its great to tuck away. It has a fabric seatcover which I did want over the stiff vinyl but it can be a hassle to clean, have to take it off and toss in the washing machine. It isn't as "wipe down" friendly as vinyl ut that stuff just doesn't feel comfortable. Kind of wish we had gotten the Peg Perego Prima Pappa with the "leatherette" for the easier cleaning instead. Now they have one that "rocks" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana girl
I just spent over a half an hour composing a message, with all sorts of personal responses to you guys... yes, all of you!!! (well... maybe not everyone) Anyway, I went to preview it and it asked me to log in!!!!!! Now it's GONE and I simply don't have time to recap!!
I use to have that problem (losing entire posts when I went to review or post the reply). Then David switched my browser from IE to Mozilla and I can back-click and retreive my post about 95% of the time. Before that I'd always C&P a long reply before I'd post it JIC. :LOL And of course Mozilla is SOOO much more secure than IE.

Okay, the kids are asleep and I'm missing ER. Be chatting with ya later...
#269 of 524 Old 03-18-2005, 12:52 AM

Hi again!

I'm curious is everyone has lost their baby weight. I'm still carrying around an extra 10 pounds. I was gently told to day that I should start running again. Anyone concerned about not losing all their baby weight?

my little Willow
#270 of 524 Old 03-18-2005, 01:25 AM

Birdland- I went off sugar completely in Nov. and didn't have any for over 2 months. I lost almost 15 pounds

My problem now is getting muscle tone, and losing a few around the butt. Not that I'm advocating diet over exercise : , but if you want to lose a few, it's at least good for you too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page