January Babylicious March Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Laura!!! YAY!!! I am so thrilled for you. What a wonderful, wonderful thing. This is such a good sign of things to come, I think. Keep at it Mama & Megan!

Lisa, those pictures are wonderful. I didn't get through them all just yet, but I love the onces that I've seen. She is so beautiful!

Heather, nice to "see" you again! I know what you mean about it being harder when you hope for or expect help. Sometimes, strange as it sounds, it's actually EASIER for me when DH is away on a Conference or working late. Then I *know* that it's just me, and my patience is actually greater. Weird. Plus, I find that things are much more exciting for DD #1 when Daddy is home in the evening and bedtime becomes much more, um, involved...

Speaking of DH, I'm waiting for mine to wake up so that we can hit the grocery store together. How much easier it is to shop together now that there are 2 wee ones to attend to! He does research on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so that makes his time much more flexible and we're able to do these daytime trips. I love them! I try to remember that when he's working crazy, late-night hours other times.
#302 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Laura that aewsome about Megan. You must feel so good I hope it lasts and maybe even extends :

Lisa I hope the one sided thing works out for you. I tend to nurse on one side a lot. I tend to nurse Miss E. on the left in the am, it frees up my right hand for MDC : I do notice that she tend to spit up a lot more on some days than others I wonder if on those days I'm nursing equally on both sides. I do have a strong let down. I'll have to try to keep an eye on that. Plus it'll ease up the guilt for being so lazy about switching side

DH is going to talk to mil tomorrow about that whole thing. I wnted him to talk to her yesterday but well this is better than nothing

Andy I hope your new bed works out great We've only got an old full sized so we're right there with you paquerette. We've got the crib dh's parents gave us side car'd on my side of the bed for when dh sleeps with us, which isn't very often. DH is a big guy who likes to spread out. Plus he only shared a bed with someone a handful of times his whole life, so he's a terrible sharer. Do guys not share a bed on sleep overs? DH insists they don't. Maybe my family is just weird (well.....) but when we had sleep overs we almost always shared the bed. Last year I shared the bed with mum on vacation.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#303 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Az, I don't think guys share beds on sleepovers. They all sleep on the floor. It's fine to sleep right next to another guy on the floor, but not in a bed. Silly men.
We shared beds at sleepovers too, and I share with my mom or sister when convenient.

Laura, yay! That's so great! Doesn't it feel wonderful when she latches on?

Andy, tee hee, I'm with you on the bed thing. Our king-size tempur-pedic is nice. There's room for DH to spread out, and still plenty of space for me to put Evelyn in the middle and move myself to whichever side she needs to nurse on next.

Karen, we use FB at night when they're clean (which is often; we have three of those). She still gets restless when she pees. Hmm. On the upside, we've never had the circle-of-pee problem; changing every few hours prevents major leaks.

This morning while I was in the shower Evelyn launched the poop cannon all over our bed as her dad changed her. Then she spat up repeatedly, every time she was almost dressed. As soon as I got out (still naked) he handed her to me and ran. Silly men.
#304 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom

Well she did it again last night, woo! We did a complete nursing, our first ever! I'm so happy I'm crying right now typing this. It was so nice not having to get out of bed, not having to deal with a bottle. If she can at least do that for the middle of the night feeds, i'd be ok with it. (well actually I want more but I'll take what I can get) I tried this morning before I gave her the bottle, she took a few sucks but that was it. Wonder if being in the dark not seeing what she's doing is the trick? Cuz she seemed like she was awake when she nursed. She also slept for 7 hrs too
: Yippee for you and Megan!!

Heather
#305 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

AAk! Jessi - the poop cannon sounds seriously dangerous!!! What a character! And shame on dh. I thought men were all over the poop thing! but I suppose dressing newbies isn't...

Well, here's the link, finally http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBOXLFi3bN3LA

Sory it took so long, and obviously I had to swap to another photo place, the yahoo photos just kept crashing! Now I have pics all over the freaking internet... anyway, I LOVE this pic., and it's the first one we have with a REAL smile!

Ok, fussy baby

just quick - Lisa, 3 hrs. seems like long enough??? good luck with that!!! and my bro's never slept in the same bed excpet once on vacation and they complained ENDLESSLY about it. bleh.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#306 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 PM

Jessi, are we married to the same man? Mine flipped the other day when Lauren peed after he took off her dipe. He grabbed her and ran to the bathroom, which totally freaked her out and started the shrieking siren, and of course she didn't have anything left to go anyway!

Az, got 'em, thanks!!

Andy, I'm going to look now...

Off to lunch after that with my friend and her babies, then the pedi, and then taking a frozen turkey to mom's house for Easter. UGH what a lot of driving!

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#307 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 01:45 PM

you guys have me all laughing- especially Jessica's dh. What's up with that???

Laura- : : awesome news!!!! may this be the start of a beautiful nursing relationship- AT the breast! yay

Andy- the anticipation you built up for the pic was so great. I love to see Ori smile- after all, he has TONS to smile about- the little man!!! (and I'm sure it's not just the new bed!)

Lisa- Lauren is gorgeous. What a cutie. I don't think we've seen pics of her for awhile and she's grown so much. I also love those wrap pics- it looks very comfy (though it still looks too hot for here). It looks very ergonomic for taking a long walk with baby or something, but I get so HOT when I walk and wear Luka, that I can't imagine wearing MORE than I already am.... maybe a wrap with nothing underneath :

re: sewing. well, so far it's all talk. I haven't been sewing recently. I COULD, but right now my machine is in dh's office, which is separate from the house. Luka is taking one decent nap a day usually, but I can't leave the house. so I have to bring the machine down. I HAVE also sewed with him asleep in the sling, but it's a little loud.
I have a baby quilt to do for a cousin who's due now and then a few mei tais to make- but that's all doable- short projects.
right now I'm missing my machine.
truly I'm missing getting anything done. Luka is going down early at night, but I'm either hanging with dh, watching a movie, or sleeping. I'm gonna work on doing a little for me then..... we'll see
#308 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Finally got to see Lauren - Oh MY is she beautiful!!! I love her eyes! Is she playing with those dangle toys? Ori just stares and stares. Occasionally, his hand hits one by accident...he seems quite pleased, then. Aha!

#309 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 05:09 PM

Hey, we're doing the one-sided thing here too. Each nursling has thir assigned side. Geneva was showing all the signs of fm/hm imbalance - gassy, spitup, slower weight gain. Seems to have worked out.
Congrats Sweetpeasmom!!! That's great news. Mayb take some face paints and write 'evenflo' or 'playtex' on your breast - maybe that'll fool her!

Well, last night I was in a mess. I was going to go for a 15 minute drive to relax. It was dd2's first time with a bottle. Well, I went back an unfamiliar backroad, and by the time I realized I had to turn around it was too late - I got stuck in a big chunk of ice. I tried for 20 minutes to get unstuck, inclusing chipping the ice away with a pocket knife and pouring drinking water on it to try and melt it. It was 9:30 at night, my only light was the moon, there were no other cars, no houses, no people, no power lines...
After the 20 minutes I realized I had to walk to the nearest house to get help. I was due home at 9:15. I started walking, and it was about 1 km to the nearest house, but I couldn't see the house, only the driveway, so I kept going. At the next house, there were outside lights on but no one answered. I kept walking a few more km's, and the next house - same thing - lights on but no answers. Finalyy at the 4th house I was able to call dh and let him know why I was an hour late already and they drove me home. Dh then called one of his coworkers whose friend has a pickup truck, and they went and got the car out.
In the end dh thawed the milk but didn't use it, so I think we'll try tonight just to see if she'll take a bottle. Don't want to waste it, though my toddler would probably drink it anyway.
I was so glad to be home with my family after last night!
#310 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 06:05 PM

Wow, Lauren and Ori are soooo cute! Just beautiful, mamas. They look so happy. Love them smiles, Andy. Lisa- I could only view the 1 month pics for some reason, but oh garsh, she is so CUTE!!! I'll have to keep checking back. Keep those pictures coming. I'm hoping to get my cam era software installed on this laptop tonight, so I can post pics too.

P&A - Ooh wow. That is sooo incredibly creepy sounding to me. Were you scared, or is this somewhat of a normal thing to happen in Canada? You do live in Canada right? I'm glad baby held through. I can't believe those people didn't answer their doors. Whats up with that?

SweetPeasMom - Hurray!! Looks like this is going to work out. Allright. I sencond what somebody was saying about trying to get her to latch in the dark at other times. Will she latch while napping? Maybe that is the second step. Anyways, I was going to tell you. I have a good friend who is also a LLL leader and had to use an SnS to feed her babe for the first year. She's sort of an expert on it, so if you need help, I'd be happy to put you in touch with her. I'm so happy for you - it feels wonderful to breastfeed as it is, but after all the hard work you'v eput in, you've really perservered and you totally rock!!! Your babies are very very lucky to have a mama like you

Oh, sewing. I rarely sew Andy. Its a bit too much of a process for me. You have to get everything set up and laid out, and it takes up a lot of room. Plus, I sort of suck at it, lol. I like knitting, because its nice and compact and I can just take it along with me throughout the house and do little bits here and there. I also bring it into bed with me and knit at night while everyone's asleep. Its sort of meditative for me.

Jessi - I'm laughing and rolling eyes at your dh. They can be so silly. Mine refuses to hold the babies unless they have a diaper on. Like if they pee on him he'll just melt away. Whatever. On a funny note - I asked him if we could get one of those tempurpedic beds and he said no way! It looked like it would be too much of a pee sponge. With 2 EC babes, and a 5yo who wets the bed I guess he's right. Its just funny that thats what he's basing his decision on.

Ok, gotta go. I'll be back...
#311 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 07:00 PM

P&A, how scary! So much for a relaxing drive. I'm glad you got home safely. It must have been awfully cold!

Ann, when we got the new bed, we bought a waterproof cover for it. It was necessary for the "45-day satisfaction guarantee," but who cares about that - we wanted it. Babies leak. (and so do mamas! DH's whole clothes-and-diaper change fiasco started when he noticed a wet spot near her crotch, and he thought it was pee, but it was milk that leaked from my other breast while nursing.)

We're thinking about going to Hannibal (2 hr drive) for Easter, just for the day. We'd go to church with my parents, then visit my brother, who would be THRILLED to see Evelyn. It would be a lot of driving for one day.

Did I tell y'all that last weekend we drove all the way to KC (4.5 hours), with babe (making it 6 hours), to pick up her crib only to come back without it? The stupid thing is in a box that's more than 6 feet long and 5 feet tall. How insane is that? And why couldn't the store have warned us? That is not a normal crib. Our little half-pickup idn't have a chance. So we're paying $115 to have it shipped. In spite of that, I'm glad we went out there, because we got to visit with my best friend and hubby and their babe, born in January. It was a great visit and Evelyn was pretty good on the trip... pretty good.

Who said they breastfeed in the car seat? How do you manage that? Do you kneel on the seat and lean over the baby? I don't think it would be possible with ours.
#312 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Ann - sad face on not getting the memory foam. I LOVE it! I put a wool bed protector over the mat (same as was on the other mattress). Keep pestering. It took me about four years of saving and pecking before I got one! Maybe you can try to beat my record.

Pam - OMG!!! You were very brave, and thank goodness someone finally smartened up. Do they think single women out at 9pm are going to hatchet them or something!? Whew! Glad you're ok. Good luck with the bottle!

My dh LOVES the poop. If we can catch him pooping on the change table dh is there in record time! He is amazed by it all, and frankly, it's somewhat disconcerting! Also, he does the diaper change over the sink and washes him (he did this with dd too) with his hand under the tap. So I guess I found a somewhat different breed...ugh!

K - how's dh feelin?

Ori is naked on the change table and I think dd has now disapeared (boredom?) so I'm back on duty. Bye!

#313 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 08:40 PM

I'm been a picture taking maniac. I took most of these today There's a couple with small smiles. My camera is kinda slow about taking pictures and everytime I'd try to get a pic of her smiling it would actuallybe right awter

Well she's waiting for mummy and the 2 hour before bed snack

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#314 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 08:52 PM

thanks on all the baby compliments, i think she has my eyes. she def. has dh's profile. i need to scan his baby pic thats a profile for you to see.

karen, the next one i "make" will be out of gauze, i wonder if that would be cooler for you? i hope it is, as i plan for it to be my summer one. and yes, it's very ergo happy, my shoulders take some weight, but most of it pulls on my hips, much better for me.

andy, yes, she swipes at them a little, only with her left hand though, and it's not very intentional yet. but it's a supercute gym thingie, so i keep it out to look at all day.

pam, lol on the face paint for laura and wow, what a scary night you had.

andy, dh loves to wash lauren's bum with the peri bottle over wipes any day. maybe it's a guy thing?

so yesterday was a nearly puke free day and today looked like it was going to be too, but once we left lunch with a friend and headed to the pedi she started again. pedi wrote a scrip for baby pepcid, i'm going to fill it and give my milk until monday to balance out and then we'll try it for a week if need be.

am currently in bed nursiing and typing while dh plays cinderella and puts away groceries and dishes. aaah, if only he'd make dinner too.

lisa

#315 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Az - she is a doll!! She's tiny like Ori. But of course she's two weeks younger! At this age, that's like 1/3 of their lifetime! LOL I love the rainbow shirt - is it a suit?

Lisa - maybe she's a south paw! good luck with the milk balance - sounds already like it's better. and w/dinner! mine did the cooking and left the kitchen TRASHED. huh.

#316 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 10:16 PM

nak
you mamas have been busy today- though i just realized it's already eve/nite for many of you.
we went to town. went to ross and bought some fat clothes for me dh thought the shorts i looked at were huge... fit perfectly. isn't he sweet?

Az- my boys still share beds on sleepovers... of course they're small still.

Pam- what a crazy adventure you got stck on!!! of course it's when you've left your baby too.... glad everything worked out ok!

Ann- I wanted to take up knitting for that same reason. last year my mom tried to teach me. BUT. she's right handed and I'm left handed and I couldn't do it like she does. I got a book out of the library to help me, but I gave up cuz it was too hard to decipher a book. I crocheted for awhile- made a lot of eyelash yarn things (leis and scrunchies)- but haven't picked that stuff up in awhile. And I just to - esp making quilts

Quote:
Who said they breastfeed in the car seat? How do you manage that? Do you kneel on the seat and lean over the baby? I don't think it would be possible with ours.
You need to be in the seat next to the baby. take off your seat belt and contort your body in extremely uncomfortable ways so she can get your boob. If your boobs are big enough, it might not be so horrible, but for me- BLECH!

Andy- thanks for asking about dh. he's ok. he's got this trip coming up next week to thailand, where he's gonna get his bad back worked on. he not only has a huge physical thing going on, but he's got a LOT of emotional things stored up in there. I think the anticipation of the trip is bringing up a lot of things for him. it's good and bad. i think his journey will be transformative.

Az- Elizabeth looks beautiful, I know how hard it is to catch smiles with a digital camera becayse they all have a delay. lame. But you got her and she looks great. I think her hair is lightening.... wasn't it more darker in pics before?

Lisa- I looked at the mamatoto site you posted awhile back adn was gonna get some gauze and try it out. i mean it's so easy! I know where I can get cheap and beautiful colored gauze.

Anyone else feeling the loss of their old selves? I guess it might not apply to those of you who have 2 little ones.... but I've been doing my own thing for a long time now (after putting in some serious mommy time 12-6 years ago). I missed a big birth confeence here on the island this weekend. Major big people were here, but i just didn't feel like Luka and i would be up to listening and being a part of it. when I spoke to my mw buddy last night and she said it was so great, i felt really bummed and slightly resentful of my babe. i'm missing births, and I am in a mw school and have not done any schoolwork....in many ways I LOVE not having all of tjat stuff to do and I love living on baby time. And I'm also sad that I'm not doing teh other. And then I had the opportunity tospeak to Suzanne Arms today (she wrote immaculate deception) and she just summed up my feelings completely. she's one of the ones I missed meeting thiosweekend. sigh.
it'll always be there, it's just my passing feeling right now. I'm certainly NOT upset about not being on call .
I knew i'd get here eventually. surprised it took me 8 weeks.
for now I'm just gonna ENJOY my beautiful baby. No one is gonna stop having babies!
thanks for listening
#317 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 10:28 PM

Oooh Karen, I want some pretty gauze! All we have here is evil JoAnn Etc. which is a craft store, not a fabric store. UGH!

And I hear ya on the loss of self, I feel like I'm obligated to be absorbed with baby, which is fine, I'm actually looking forward to making the transition to sahm instead of exhausted teacher, but there are moments here and there where I just want to be free for a moment.

Well DH got as far as making pizza dough, then it all became my problem. So it's baking and he's still got to deal with dishes, I'm not doing it!!!

And I got some motherease onesize yesterday, if they are 1/2 as absorbant as my CPFs then I may have a new favorite dipe. They just fold so nicely and I dig the way the legs fit on Lauren.

Oooops she's awake again, gotta go, guess she didn't nurse enough when I left her.

And UGH, I'm watching one of those "how it's made" tv shows on food.com and they just took a whole chicken, deboned it, stuffed it with duck, then stuffed it WITH a huge pile of stuffing into a turkey and then cooked for 6 hours, injected with butter solution and other crap and cajun spices. I don't think I could eat that.

G'nite

Lisa

#318 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 10:48 PM

Lisa- you want me to get you some gauze?? i have to check on the $$, but last time i was there they had purple, fuschia, teal, blue, burgundy, to just name a few. i think it's about $3-4/ yd.

oh and that turkey/chicken/duck thing has a funny name.... can't think of it- will get back to you....
#319 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 11:04 PM

It's called turducken.
ick
#320 of 497 Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

I went to a party once where they served that nasty thing! It was really super weird looking. Everyone who ate it said it was great but...

Lisa - would gauze really hold a baby up?! Wow. And I can't even figure out how you tied that sucker on, but L. sure looks comfy! Nice butt, btw! ;-) I find the MEOS are about as absorbant as the CPF's, maybe a little bit less (because CPF's are quilted). Ah, but the MEOS really stay in place whereas the CPF's, I'm finding, move around a little. For some reason, diapes tend to hunch down into the below the belt position on Ori.

FUNNY! Today dd had Ori for a little bit. She's holding him up on her shoulder, his legs dangling around her knees, and she's got the death grip on the little fella (he's used to that now). He starts howling and she comes a trotting over to me and his little woolie pants are sagging down and his plumber's crack is totally hanging out - I just about peed myself (gotta be careful 'bout that!). Daddy's boy, for SURE!!!

Well, I'm off to bed. Early, but tomorrow's no school, so it's bound to be a long day. LOL! Andy

#321 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 03:10 AM

Yep it is turducken...We had it for Thanksgiving with my family. It was very odd. My brother wanted it.

Oh, Karen, I feel your pain in the clothing area. Nothing fits. I cannot lose this weight. With ds I was down to pre-preggo weight without trying well before 6 weeks. Now I am 15-20 lbs over and can't budge. I need something to wear, but, egads, I don't want to shop for bigger clothes!!

Also, Karen, if you are willing, would you buy gauze for me. Arizona is too hot for anything heavier...LMK

Loss of self - I have been feeling a bit of this lately. Even though ds is a toddler, it had gotten easier to do things. We came and went as we pleased. I could leave him, etc...Now I am back to having a child who is solely dependent on me. And ds has become more dependent as well. I miss some of my freedom...

Again very cute pics!! I need to post a link again...I think dh uploaded pics to snapfish, but he is sleeping.

Contort your body is right. I nursed ds when he was around 3 months when I insanely agreed to drive with my parents to a wedding in KS. DH had to work. It was interesting to say the least.

I just received a serger in the mail today. I am excited to try it out. I have never used one, but my friend keeps telling me how it is a necessity. WE shall see...

Heather
#322 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 04:40 AM

wow heather- you gained the weight after losing it from the birth? I don't have a scale at home, so i have no idea of how it's been with me.
I can certainly get you some gauze..... actually, i'm not sure that i'd call it gauze... it's like what they make those indian skirts out of- thin and opaque, but loosely woven. I'm surprised that I have something here in Hilo that is not available elsewhere.
I'll go to the store soon adn let you all know how much it costs and what colors they have. Or if you know for sure what kind of color you like, just let me know.

I gotta go to bed!
#323 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 09:48 AM

terducken, whodathunk it? i think i'll pass

karen, we have gauze here, just not pretty colors i'm eager to hear what you have. although some days i wonder if it would be best to get something light colored for sun

andy, thanks for the butt comment... it's by far the largest part of my body, and looks oh so sexy in those maternity jeans!!

as for tying that, it's easy, but i had to practice it twice w/o baby to make sure i understood. i can't wrap while holding her though, so it means either wrapping and going out and not unwrapping until we get home or having someone or something to hold her for the minute i need to wrap and tie. i think the pics were just the regular generic mobywrap.com directions, it's really comfy.

lauren is drawn to the dark side - it's pretty dark in here still and i'm on one side of her and the laptop on the other, and she keeps popping off to roll her head over to stare at the screen. it's funny.

going to shut the lid so she'll finish eating.

lisa

#324 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Karen if its not too much trouble, could I get in on the gauze too?

Andy, its funny that you said Miss Elizabeth looks like Ori becuase as I was thinking the same thing. Weird... The rainbow outfit is a shirt and pants.
Thats funny about dd holding Ori. I'm so afraid to let ds hold miss E unless he's sitting down. But then again I'm nerotic about people holding my babies.

I'm so feeling the loss of my old self. I think having the big spaces between children dosn't help. DS will be 7 in June so he is finally at the point where he gets to play outside by himself, do the trash, go down the basement and the get laundry out of the dryer, walk from our table to the bathroom in a small restaurant. It was great I was finally starting to feel like a real adult. Something beyond just a mum. Now I feel like I'm back at square one. Plus not working is hard for me too, and not just the $$. I really miss my friends there and getting out everyday. I worked in Boston so there was tons to do on my lunches. Now I'm lucky if I even eat lunch.

Breastfeeding in the car seat? You mamas are brave. I've got larger boobs (36F) and I still think it would be massivly uncomfortable. If we everywent anywhere far, I'd just take a break and nurse. Plus I have to pee like every 2-3 hours so we take a lot of break in the car anyway.

Karen ds and his 5yo cousin sleep in the same bed when they have sleep overs too. Which is why I couldn't understand that dh said he never shared a bed at sleep overs. I thought it was just his horrible snoring, until my sister asked her bf and he said the same thing. But we grew up with just women, my mum and her sisters, so my sister and I are pretty man dumb. I was horrified that men really do just leave the toilet seat up, I thought that was just some tv thing. Its just so gross

Well I'm wicked slacking at getting ready. I should be almost out the door. I'm horrible at getting moving in the am

#325 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
wow heather- you gained the weight after losing it from the birth?
Sorry that post was confusing. I haven't gained more weight. I was rambling about my two different pregnancies. With my first I had no problem getting down to my normal weight. With this pregnancy/baby, I cannot lose any weight.

Heather
#326 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
I was horrified that men really do just leave the toilet seat up, I thought that was just some tv thing. Its just so gross
As a woman living in a sea of boys, I gotta tell you that we have a sit down rule here. All my men/boys sit. If they want to stand they can go outside. I never have pee drippings all over- the bathroom smells 100% better and everyone is happy .
#327 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmom
Sorry that post was confusing. I haven't gained more weight. I was rambling about my two different pregnancies. With my first I had no problem getting down to my normal weight. With this pregnancy/baby, I cannot lose any weight.

Heather
yeah, well with ds1 I was wearing my jeans at 2 weeks pp. but then I was barely 22 at the time.
It's really not my style to obsess over these things, but I think the lack of things to wear has been getting to me. now that I actually have some shorts that fit and then still have some materinity pants to wear, I'm ok.
#328 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 02:07 PM

I can pick up some gauze for whomever wants it.
I'll go to town sometime in the next few days and get the details of what they have and how $$. whoever wants can just pm me with what they want!
#329 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Karen, the one thing I love about my mil is that she taught her boys to pee sitting. Dh still does, at least at home, he has this thing about not using public bathrooms if he can help it.

Ugh, I put an ounce of shredded cheese on pizza last night (and cups and cups on dh's side of the pizza) and well, we've confirmed that Lauren has some dairy issues. I stopped dairy when I noticed a cranky pattern 12 hrs. after I had a glass of milk a few times, and she had green poo, but never got the classic diaper rash ring. Well this morning she woke with serious red rash and is SO angry today. Back to dairy/soy free for me.

And spitting up like mad. Poor thing. At one point I decided we were going to take a bath and as soon as I handed her out to dh she spit all over herself and him so he brought her back to me, and this went on 3 times before I just got out of the shower and held her.

Now she's sleeping on my lap, I fear moving her and waking her up, so I'm chained to the computer. Darn. I'm shopping on ebay now, which is great fun. And I ordered a mai tai today, it'll be here sometime around April 4. Whee!

Lisa (who really needs to forget her paypal password)

#330 of 497 Old 03-25-2005, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

me too. need to forget the pp password. I bought a bunch of clothes from mamabarter (I figure the shopping is well worth not having to go out and shop for second hand clothes!), and then found the hanna anderson sale page, and then bought the most delicious wool pants for ori - merino soft as cashmire... mmmmm

Must forget

must forget

Last night was probably our worst night ever! Ugh. Up every 45 min., eventually he wouldn't even take the boob! He wasn't crying too much, just if I PUT HIM DOWN for even a moment to pee. Sheesh! Well, I figured with all that upness last night he'd be conked out today, but NOPE! We did a bunch of errands this morning and he just screamed (or didn't, but never slept) the whole time. UGH!!! Usually I'd take him out of the car seat and wear him for the duration of a shop, but we had a lot of stops with only a short time at each, driving in between, so it was CRAZY! Finally I gave up and just listened to my baby crying and crying. I'm sure every woman in those stores thought I was some kind of monster! I nursed him, I changed him, he was just wanting to be with his mama, in the bed, like yesterday. sigh. Can't dedicate every day to the little fellow, is the problem. I think I have reverse birth order for my kids. double sigh.

anyway, must go and get some cleaning done. company arrives tonight! caio andy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page