January Babylicious March Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I'm a member of that list, although I've only checked it about once. I'll go take a peek. Thanks!
#422 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 AM

Oh Ann, that made me laugh! I did something similar when DD #1 was small ~ in my case, I was dining with friends at a restaurant, and fancied myself all cool & nursing Tess in her sling oh-so discretely and such. About half an hour after she was finished eating, I noticed that my ENTIRE breast was hanging out and fully visible from the side. I'd wondered why the busboy was keeping so busy at the next table... I haven't had this experience with Brynn yet, but hey there's time...

All of this fun diaper talk, I feel boring with our prefolds I have to admit, I love 'em though. I'll just live vicariously and spend my money on coffee instead, I guess!

Oooooh, I wore Brynn on my back in the Moby for the first time today! It went well! I have to say, that every time I attempt I end up in a near fit of giggles ~ I feel like such a lumboring ox, hunched over on the bed... Brynn sliding sideways off my back, my tricep muscle cramping up as I struggle to get her into place... Brynn starting to wail in despair (can't say as I blame her!). We are a sight, for sure! But once I got her in (and she realized she wasn't going to die!), she was content and fell asleep for about an hour. I went for a walk with Tess, and then did a bit of tidying up. It was so comfy
Here are a couple of pics that I got DH to take ~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...brynnmoby3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../brynnmoby.jpg

We had a really great day today. It was wonderfully hot and sunny, and we spent the entire afternoon setting up our garden plot and getting things ready for summer in our yard. We built our firepit, and had our first fire tonight to the song of the crickets. It was glorious. After living in apartments for almost NINE years, this feels so delightful to have our own yard... and a beautiful yard it is! I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have this bit of Earth to call our own. Before long, we'll have our pool set up (the birth pool that never had it's shining moment!), and that's where you'll find me most days this summer I think.

Ok, midnight strikes and I really must go to bed. It is kind of problematic to be both a night owl and an early bird.... a little difficult to get adequate sleep that way!

(ok, maybe *one* or *two* more pictures... )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...brynnbaby4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...brynnbaby5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...fbrynnmama.jpg
(make that 3)
#423 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:13 AM

Hey Ladies,

It is getting pretty late, and I should be getting some sleep, but I am not tired yet. Starting to get really anxious about tomorrow. Will is doing great. Got all the prelim tests done yesterday and met with the surgeon today. I have access to a computer, so I will post more after the surgery.

Guess I better try and get some sleep. Gotta tell you that reading all the posts has helped keep my mind of things.

As for dipes, we still are using our Little Lambs and loving them. So easy to put on and clean. No pee filled inserts to pull out. Totally cool prints and incredibly soft on the inside. I had FB and HH, and found that the fleece was too much for me. I hated having to worry about repelling. Now I only use hemp inserts with no liners.

Well, gotta go.

Nite Nite.
#424 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Az - aside from the new FB's, what other diapes do you have? Does Miss E. have little skinny legs? Do your CD's keep it in? Ori poops on his cover EVERY time he poops because I can't get the legs tight enough without it leaving a mean red mark on his belly

Anyway, I think that with air and a good salve you can heal up that sore yonni. calendula calendula calendula!. Even with a plastic diaper, if you can air Miss E. in the morning and before bed she should heal quickly. I try to give Ori about 10 min. on the change table w/ nothing on at least two or three times a day.
Yeah I do air her out until she starts to fuss on the table and in the am I always put her in a wool cover. She does go back to flesh colored in a couple of hours but I always feel so bad in the morning when I first take that diaper off.
We have lots of differnt diapers :LOL I like to try things. Miss E's legs aren't super skinny but they aren't fat either. I find that side snap diapers with two rows of snaps work the best for us. That way you can adjust the leg and the belly seperatly.
The righteous baby diapers work very well for use. They are pricey for being just fitteds but you can find them on the trading post all the time look for RB or FLAG both the same diapers.
The aio that we've had the best luck with is the very baby aios. They're not too bad $$ for an aio but I've not had much luck finding them used. Not the smaller sizes anyways, and not for low enough of a price that it made sense to get them used.
With the snap-snapping diapers with the two rows of snaps we haven't had any poo escape, however with some of your other diapers she may have well been wearing just the cover.

Covers, hmm I tend to grab the aristcrats alot even though they are so bulky, loveybums fleece that works great its dh's fav. The proraps are good too but the bummi's don't seem to fit so great for us.
I like wool covers the best, personally. I like that they are breathable, and that they don't have to be washed all the time. I don't think they're very hard to wash either. Unless they're poopy you just soak them in the sink

Andy you can make a wrap with these directions they're no-sew

Ann, I'm glad to hear that you like the wonderoos. I don't think we would have ever used them. I'm glad they found a good home.
Too funny about the grocery store

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#425 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Kathy - WOW! You did get her on! She looks just tickled! And the pic of you two together is awesome!

Nicole - ok, here you go. After today it'll get WAY easier, I hope! We'll be thinking about you all day. Lots of love and hugs, mama! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#426 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Az! I always forget and then remember about mamatoto. I think I don't 'get' their instructions very well, I'm still confused and I've read them like 20 times over the past few months. Duh.

Kathy - what kind of cloth are you using in that pic?

I think I'm going to pass on the fb's. I figured she's probably not going to sell the inserts with the diapes because she probably is upgrading to a bigger size, and can still use the inserts. So then it's not a bargain at all!

Az - where did you get the hemp liners? I HATE to pay $5 ea., and haven't found them for less. sigh.

diapers.

xxx andy

#427 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 10:59 AM

Karen - oops sorry I didn't get back to you on the gauze, I think I'm going to wait, well I REALLY want some, but I think dh will freak if he sees any more paypal $$ withdrawls in the checking account.

Andy, go to mamatoto.org and look at the wrap section. Is your new fabric a knit/interlock? If it's woven, you'll have to finish the edges if you cut it down. I have 6 yds of interlock (tshirt material) and it doesn't ravel, so I just cut it right down the middle, making 2 24" wide wraps and gave one away. I think with 4.5 yds you can do the carry I had baby in in my pics, you just won't get it back around your waist again to tie in front. I'm 5'7" and a smushy size 14 at the moment (my belly escapes over the top of my pants) if that gives you any body size to compare. There are lots of other good carries to try there too, I bet you could get Ori on your back with them.

LOL Andy, I should call my dad and offer to trade for an hour. He's by far the best dad out there, he actually took a week vacation after dh went back to work to take care of ME. All of our family (mine and dhs) are within a 20 min drive. It's a blessing and the devil at the same time.

Ann, lol to you too, sad on it being a hot surfer dude, but still funny

Andy, are they teeny tiny baby size undies? Or just used gross ones?

GIO - well we've tried, once the baby woke and the other just HURT so we stopped and settled for lots of cuddles and making out like teens. I think I'm still lost in healing land, my tear was also a little vag wall tear, so ugh! just ugh! Dh is awfully sweet about it all though, which is nice.

Kathy, do you do the "regular" moby instructions, just on your back? Or something else? I've been trying something else, and it's just not working. By the time I get her half in, she's hysterical and won't settle on my back. Yesterday I walked her facing out in the moby and she was awake the entire time. Usually I get 100 yards from the house with her tummy snuggled and she's so asleep I could do anything and not wake her up.

Andy again - I've found with mamatoto the ONLY way to wrap myself up is to try it w/o baby a few times following the pictures and directions and reading them out loud. Once I figure out the HOW, I get baby and try it again. Usually with wrapping I've found the tighter the better, and it takes a few tries (across a few days) to get it right.

Ok so I read ALL the posts and wow was it a lot of reading! Going to get in the shower now, as we have to leave the house in 40 min. and dh and baby are still in bed sleeping. Thankfully I'm not taking dh, just baby, so I think I can handle it.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#428 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 11:39 AM

Thanks Andy It's a Moby ~ basically cotton jersey (think comfy t-shirt!)

Lisa, I'm not too sure if I remember, actually! I had worn my eldest DD on my back previous to Brynn being born, so I just did it the same way (except on the bed, in case of an "oops!") I think it looks very similar to the description on mamatoto though, except when I bring the tails around my chest the first time I *tie* them once.
#429 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 PM

I put a microterry insert, or joey's or sometimes a prefold in my fb's. They usually all shake out ok, sometimes I need to shake more at times than others.

Lisa- sounds like a great day planned, wow 70 degrees!! Enjoy it

Ann that is so hilarious :LOL sounds like it could be the chocolate to me, bummer huh

Quote:
YOU are healthy. tired, pestered, drained, frustrated, worried, annoyed, frightened, low and nutty, but HEALTHY!
well you can scratch out healthy. I woke up sick this morning but hopefully it won't get any worse. I usually fend off sickness well probably cuz my immune system is nice and healthy. Megan is coughing more but seems less congested but has no fever and is eating well so thats good I guess. i still worry though but I guess I wouldn't be a mom then if I didn't worry. I feel a bit better in general today even though I feel like crap. Does that make any sense?
#430 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Laura - makes sense to me! I'm sory you're not feeling well. I'm doing my best to fend off whatever nasty bug dh and dd have. Both are still sick. I GOT THE WRAP ON!!! I cut the fabric almost in half, about 24-25" and I did the simple back hold. IT WORKED!!! I don't know why Iam so amazed, yougirls do it all the time, but it just makes life SO much easier, that I expect it NOT to work. Fussy baby, bye!

#431 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 01:24 PM

gosh, everytime diapers come up again I get more confused! it's sorta like going to the store to get frozen peas- you just want a bag of them but there are 10 choices- WHY???

So is Nicole's Will having his surgery today? I saw her post from last night and that's what it seems like. If so, let's all send some good healing and good luck vibes their way. poor little man!

Kath- those pics are precious. I think Brynn looks a lot like you (noticed it esp in those pics outside- with you wearing your glasses). she also looks so old- a real baby!

Lisa- no worries about the gauze. it's not going anywhere either- if you should want some later just let me know. I going to fabric stores!
and the GIO your doing with dh- perfect. It's not about the actual ACT, imo, just being together somehow. sweet

Laura- hope you get better quick! there's just no room for mamas to be sick sometimes, unfortunately!

Andy- woo hoo- it worked!!! I'll have to get some fabric and try myself. I do have tons of fabric, just not enough of one- of course didn't buy myself some gauze.....

It is dumping here- big time tropical rain. At 5 am it was so loud it woke me up. of course we gotta go to town, which is not fun in this weather, but oh well. i have the LAST of my dentist stuff for my root canal, Finally. and then i go back to the chiro. In the afternoon my very pregnant girlfriend/ client is coming over to use my sewing machine and get a prental from me. It should be fun and a should be a reminder that I don't want to be so pregnant like her ever again.
#432 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 02:22 PM

Yay for Wednesday. Nana Linda and I were sure it was Tuesday this morning, but DH set us straight. This is a great day because my baby smiled at me a lot this morning.

Karen, have fun at your prenatal. Yep, being that pregnant again is not something to look forward to.

Nicole, prayers and wishes for Will's surgery to go smoothly and quickly. Won't it be wonderful to have it done, and him home for good?

Kathy, I have the same Maya Wrap. You look great! I have yet to get Evelyn happy in anything but the ABC on the front or the Baby Bjorn. She seems to prefer the Bjorn, as does DH, because it's easier for her to see out.

Who asked about the Stacinator striped fleece cover? What size are you thinking about ordering? I have one that Evelyn has outgrown, size Newborn. It's a nice cover, generously sized. Nothing trim about it.

Warning: lots of diaper chatter following

Andy, if Ori can wear small diapers, I could lend you several, a whole assortment. Evelyn is almost entirely out of the small size. You could use them and then mail them back so we can put them on our next baby. We even have 1 FB in small.
Don't feel so bad spending money for 4 mo of use - you can resell them after. And 4 months is a pretty long time in baby world. It's longer than they wear a piece of clothing, and they wear the diaper more times.
We have one Liz's cloth, and didn't like it at all. It pilled a lot and didn't fit Evelyn well ever - too big on the waist. Ori has a very different build, so maybe it'll fit him very well. We could send you that one too.
The Righteous Baby FLAG diapers that Az mentioned are good; Evelyn is still wearing a few Small shell sets, barely. The fitteds she's out of - the last wear resulted in a pinched bit of leg and lots of screaming. So, we could send you one of those, too.
I'm with Az on the two sets of snaps. Anything that snaps in front in one horizontal row is bad. FB and Snap-EZ both have two sets of snaps in front; that's as good as the two sets of snaps on the sides.
Check DiaperWare for hemp liners. They have lots of doublers in various materials under $5.

was there other stuff to talk about? I get stuck on the diaper conversation and can't get past them. Did I tell y'all that thinking about diapers causes a let-down? It makes shopping for them a little painful.

Edit: Az, how long do you think Elizabeth will be in smalls? Do you need diapers too?
#433 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Wahoo mamas! We are all doing so well! Az - I went and looked at the Flag site - WOW! I LOVE those diapes! I hope I get to buy one before Ori is out of high school! Looks like they sell out right quick! Her wool covers are SO cute (although I didn't love the cow on purple, which is the only one avail...guess I wasn't the only one!). Oh, and her doubler is cotton/hemp and is only $3!

How do I get to the trading post???

I guess dh's mom is fading fast now. His sis. says she's not doing well at all. sigh. Well, dh is in Victoria this week, and this weekend he'll head over to see her (although he's sick, so unless he's better he'll have to wear a mask - ugh). She's so frail...

Well I still haven't fixed either my tooth or the car. They both feel BIG to me. Yuck. Hope it goes well for you in town Karen! You and Will both...

I hope everyone's having a beeeeautiful day (dance in the rain, and know that the elves carry the water to the leaves in abundance)! Aloha shalom caio adios mi amigas!

#434 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
GIO - well we've tried, once the baby woke and the other just HURT so we stopped and settled for lots of cuddles and making out like teens. I think I'm still lost in healing land, my tear was also a little vag wall tear, so ugh! just ugh! Dh is awfully sweet about it all though, which is nice
Lisa I had a 2nd degree tear with ds. (I'm not even sure what 2nd degree tear is, I just knew it hurt) I did have some problems healing. I had pain gio for almost a year. Looking back I think it is because 1. I expected it to hurt and was tensing up and 2. no lube 3. I expected to be able to go at it like before
This time we gio just 3wks after. I didn't have a tear so that is differnt also(diff partner too). We went very slow and dh was very gentle and we used lots of lube. I really think the lube makes a big difference. We gio once post-baby without it and it wasn't very comfortable for me.
If you're happy with the way things are great, we do lots of cuddling and mild fooling around here too. But I jsut figured I'd throw my 0.02 in, take or leave it.

Quote:
smushy size 14 at the moment (my belly escapes over the top of my pants)
I think we're all right there with you

Quote:
Don't feel so bad spending money for 4 mo of use - you can resell them after
Jessi's right I've sold or traded a good chunk of our outgrown diapers or ones that we just didn't like. Thats another thing that I love about cloth diapering. You can keep trading or selling to get something else.
Speaking of getting rid of diapers. I have 4 kissaluvs size 1 diapers, that I HATE. Miss E is a very heavy wetter and even with a doubler they just aren't doing it for me. Andy,or Karen you want them? I think they're seconds, I got them used and they all have cut tags or tags with X on it.

Nicole I hope everything is going well with Will's surgery today. He's been on my mind all day, you too. I've been sending lots of good thoughts your way and asking God to look over your little angel. He'll get through this.

I guess I should post this. Its only been sitting here forever

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#435 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Wahoo mamas! We are all doing so well! Az - I went and looked at the Flag site - WOW! I LOVE those diapes! I hope I get to buy one before Ori is out of high school! Looks like they sell out right quick! Her wool covers are SO cute (although I didn't love the cow on purple, which is the only one avail...guess I wasn't the only one!). Oh, and her doubler is cotton/hemp and is only $3!

How do I get to the trading post???
Trading Post
Yeah those diapers can sell out quick. I have a couple of her doublers and they're nice. They work better than the other doublers I have that I paid $5 for. I forgot the price of the rightous baby ones. I may have to get a couple more now, thanks Andy
That wool cow set has been there since the fall. No one really wants it. We had a newborn cover just like it except it didn't have the words on it. If this one was just the cow I would have bought it ages ago. I love purple.

#436 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Speaking of getting rid of diapers. I have 4 kissaluvs size 1 diapers, that I HATE. Miss E is a very heavy wetter and even with a doubler they just aren't doing it for me. Andy,or Karen you want them? I think they're seconds, I got them used and they all have cut tags or tags with X on it.
I'm interested in checking them out Az.... how many? how much? I'm mostly just curious about them.
#437 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:36 PM

oh, I had to post, because I was looking at my last one, and my post count was 699..... not that I'm trying to set any records or anything, but 700 sounds so nice.

oh Az, are the diapes colored? I just looked at their site to see the sizing and though I'm not a pastel person at all, I like the colored ones. White just gets so boring after awhile..... I think that's why I like the FB- when they're hanging on the line, or even in a basket- all rainbow looks good. And yk, it's ALL about looking good! esp.... if the mama is still a little round around the edges- better to keep all eyes on the baby, IYKWIM! lol!

Andy- sorry to hear about dh's mom- didn't they just visit? I coulda sworn you said the ils visited from canada.....
#438 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Hello All,

Just a quick note to say that everything went smoothly. He is resting now, still coming out of the anesthesia, but the surgeon was pleased with the procedure. Tons of tubes and wires on my poor boy. I am very relieved and a bit emotionally drained, but happy that all went well.

I will update more as there is more news.

Thanks for the vibes. I really felt that people were rooting for us.
#439 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

aaak! That is the most confusing site I've been to EVER! And tempting in every possible way...caio!

#440 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 04:09 PM

Jessi - I had to lol about you and diaper letdown

Az, why don't you like the kissas? Do they sell seconds regularly? I have one (we got 7 fitteds handed down) and it works well on Lauren, although every time dh finds her in a fitted he's very much "What is up with you and all the freaky diapers" in his very special "I'm a prefolds man" kind of way.

Healthy vibes to little Will, and some for Laura and Andy's mil too.

And thanks for the gio adivce Gotta find some lube. I don't think we have any. Yes, my tear was 2nd degree too, not at all comfy. I'm sure the epidural had something to do with that. And ugh, my back still hurts from that as well. I suppose it was better than a c-section, but I'll probably always regret it too.

It IS 70 here today. My car-mometer says 72 actually. So I put Lauren in these uber-cute pink striped pants and a top, took the car seat warm cover off, and we went out. She still screamed in the car, but was good at bf group, and we made a new crunchy friend too. Then went and got fast food and took it to the park with a semicrunch from our childbirth class who has a ds 2 weeks younger than Lauren. Both babie scried at the park, cried during lunch, we sat and nursed them on the bench while we ate, and tried to use the stroller with Lauren. What a JOKE that was. I bounced her to sleep in the sling and then put her down, she slept maybe 1/5 of a mile and then screamed like she was back in the car. So back in the sling she went and I pushed an empty stroller. At least at the maill I don't look so funny with the stroller because I can load it up with bags and coats and such, but out in the park, lol it was amusing. Her little boyfriend was content in the stroller, but got really fussy on the way back. I think we walked 1.5 miles WITH a hill, so I was hot and sweaty wearing my maternity jeans and a black top. Now I'm in bed with babe, she's just finished nursing and is sound asleep. I think she is going to be an afternoon napper from now on, even if it means missing my other group that I like going to.

Ciao!

Lisa

#441 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 04:16 PM

: :

Yaay WILL!!!

#442 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killick
Just a quick note to say that everything went smoothly. He is resting now, still coming out of the anesthesia, but the surgeon was pleased with the procedure. Tons of tubes and wires on my poor boy. I am very relieved and a bit emotionally drained, but happy that all went well.
: :
YAY! so glad to hear it.... for a speedy recovery!
#443 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 05:09 PM

Glad all went well with Will

Lisa- glad you made a new crunchy friend!

I got a few kissaluvs, contour and fitted and just didn't like them. I think my Kaitlyn is just a fb type of gal. Although I think Megan isn't quite ready for the small fb yet, cuz they've been leaking at the leg. I have it snapped the farthest it can go and there's still some space left at the leg. I have one wonderoo that I forgot I had, think I try that on her and see how it goes.

It looks so nice out, I'm thinking about 60 degrees. I opened my windows to air out this germ hole of a place. I'd love to go for a walk but my legs feel all weird. I'm kinda achy so problably not a good idea to go. Megan is really hacking up quite a bit, hoping that means she's at the end of it and just clearing out.
#444 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Yay for Will! May he have a perfect recovery. I hope your family provides the support you need (and not more than you want) and that the insurance shuts up and covers it. Will is a great baby.

Oh, today is so beautiful here. It is 70 and sunny and gorgeous. At lunch I nursed Evelyn in the deck swing. It doesn't get any better than that.

Airing out: we let Evelyn hang out with no clothes on for 10 minutes to an hour, at least once a day. She loves Naked Butt Time. It is her favorite time of day. When she's grouchy, we strip off her clothes and she gets happier; it's her best playtime. Then we turn her over for Naked Butt Tummy Time, which she does not like quite as well, but it gets the air on her little bum. She tries to eat the Naked Butt Pad (the big fleece-and-PUL blanket/pad, perfect for Naked Butt Time). Naked Butt Tummy Time tends to set off the poop cannon, so we build a shield by placing pillows under one side of the naked butt pad, and aim her that way.

Prefolds: I like them, DH likes them, Nana likes them, but Evelyn does not like them. Oh well, it doesn't break my heart to buy her pretty fancy diapers.

So Andy, do you want to borrow the diapers? They're sitting in my attic. The only downside to them is the dizzying assortment.

Ah, this is a great day!
#445 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 05:28 PM

I'm going out to the porch to hang up my airchair and push dh's crap out of the way. And then I might actually get out the baby monitor so I'm not a bad mommy since I know I won't be able to hear Lauren wake up if I'm out there.

Dh is off walking the dog, and I'm eager to collect more local crunchy friends. The new one today is a profs wife from the uber-crunchy liberal college nearby, and she's the first cloth dipe mama I've met outside of the local crunchy email list. Have you guys noticed the crunchy divide or is it just me? Seems around here we have 2 groups - liberal crunch and ultraconservative crunch, not much in the middle.

Going to start dinner and hang in the sun, the tulips are 6" tall in my garden!

Lisa

#446 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Seems around here we have 2 groups - liberal crunch and ultraconservative crunch, not much in the middle.
Yep, Lisa. That's how it is here on Oahu. We have lots of military, so there's lots of Christian homeschooler types here, and then we have the laid back escaped to Hawaii kine. When I lived in CA all there was was the uber liberal, so I'm still adjusting to the Christian homeschooler bit. All in all I find them very nice and friendly and have made lots of good friends

Nicole!!!!! I'm so glad Will and mama are doing ok!!!! Please, please keep us updated!!!

Ok, well,I have a huge garbage bag full of cloth diapers sitting here that I'm too lazy to sell, so if anybody wants anything LMK and I will send it off to you for shipping. I have to look and see what's in there, but off the top of my head I know there are some:
3 really cute girly Cuddlebuns, a kissaluv size 1, 16 infant indian prefolds, 2 small prowraps, 2 sm bummis wraps, 6 puddlecatchers nighttime fleece diapers, 2 daytime puddlecatchers, maybe some more prowraps, I don't know...there's probably more. I have to go look.

Just got back from the chiro. I'm feeling pretty good. Violet got her first adj today. She wasn't too happy about that. I think she's getting a little cold and she was really wanting to nurse. Plus dad put her in a very, um interesting outfit - that would make me cry if I had to wear too!

Aloha!
#447 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Ooh Ann, Evelyn would love some girly Cuddlebuns, and we've never tried Puddlecatchers but they'd probably work well for us too since all the other one-sizers fit her well. I'll take as many of those as you want to send. Ooh diapers diapers
#448 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 06:55 PM

Happy dance for baby Will and Mama Nicole!!!! I am so glad the surgery went well.

I have been keeping up with the posts, but no time to write. One of my friends had a miscarriage this weekend. She has two little boys, and this one was a surprise. She just told a couple of us last week about the baby then this...

Hmmm....diapers, I LOVE them. When ds was little, dh thought he would prefer pfs. Um, yeah, not so much. We also had fbs. They worked well until toddler poops. Then we branched out to meos and other fitteds (sugarpeas mostly). DD has the fb hand-me-downs, sugar pee fitteds and the pfs. I really like the sugar peas. THey seem to fit her chunky thighs well. I am intrigued by the kissaluvs, but I have heard from other mamas about absorbancy issues. Here is a link to the outlet store and a recent no-name clearance they are having. http://www.kissaluvs.com/kissanot.htm

Yeast - why can't it just disappear?!?!?!?! We are still battling it. well, truthfully, I have not been the best at the battle. I just forget to continue the regimen sometimes.

DS does have beautfiul blue eyes. The eyes are from dh's side of the family. DD has brown, but I really like them. I think they will be dark brown like mine. She is getting so big. It is amazing. She has more awake times and is smiley!! She doesn't mind Tummy TIme, because she lays on our chests so much.

I am on day three of no sugar/candy. It is tough, but I feel better. I also started back running/jogging. Oh I am SLOW!!!! Today I did run/walk cycles to get back into the groove. Hopefully this helps reduce my overhang (I definitely know what you mean, Lisa)

Karen - no time to get back to you about the gauze. I am going to check out our fabric store for some material. Hopefully they have something. If not, on your next trip I may ask for a favor

AZ - we would love a girly pair of Robeez in 6-12 if you get a chance. I can paypal you - just not butterflies, since we already have those

HEather
#449 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 06:59 PM

I almost forgot about gio. I second the lube suggestion. With bf'ing things just aren't as they usually are. Lube really helps. with ds I had a tear. I don't know what degree, because I told the ob i didn't want to know (didn't want a mental hang-up with future babes)...Anyway It felt like a tight ring that had to be stretched. It didn't bother me after the first time...just felt a little tight for a few months. This time no problems at all

PM
#450 of 497 Old 03-30-2005, 07:01 PM

Me too Ann! I'm glad to try anything new, although I can see how easily the dipes could turn into a major obsession for me. Better to spend my $ on carriers for my needs-to-be-carried baby than dipes, but I really like the idea of one-size dipes since Lauren is just about out of her smalls.

I just don't get it, there is such a huge gap in sizing on prowraps, the smalls are small yet the medium has HUGE holes around her legs. Guess I need to fatten her up a little more. The bummis mediums fit really well, and she still fits in the smalls well enough. Must get myself some lanolin and get my wool ready to wear. I managed to get 4 covers in the last week yet we haven't used any of them.

Ok so I didn't hang my chair. Dh put a full size arcade box on the porch so I could have hung it but wouldn't have been able to swing. BAH HUMBUG!! Anyone want an arcade box? It used to have a pacman in it, but he somehow (I'm sure $$$$$$) got an original pacman box to put pacman in, and the other box is just in the way. I'm glad to trade for dipes, just pay the shipping! :LOL

Instead, I went out into my garden - ugh it's a mess. I was feeling too fat in the fall to cut everything down, so my perennial garden that's as long as the house and 15' deep looks like a scary pet cemetary or something. Sticks and dead plants all over, soggy leaves, the hose got left out all winter, etc. But my tulips (I have MONSTER big tulips) are already 6" tall and the crocuses have bloomed.

Must make dinner,
Lisa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page