January Babylicious March Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 497 Old 03-20-2005, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Laura - hang in there hon! Just take it one at a time...one night, one bottle, one rejection, one victory. Each one will help you get to the next. And make sure that you are getting a break now and then. ESPECIALLY since you are already pumping into bottles, hey, why not take a few hrs and go out with a friend or go swimming or something just for YOU! Dh can cover, or il's or someone you trust... I know the tired thing. it's not pretty. Make sure you are getting good rest whenever you can. Also make sure your liver is working well (I know it sounds weird but the liver is the supplier for a LOT of the hormones that get us UP and keep our bodies working right). Some chaste tree (vitex) and/or something like Kava (not sure how that works with bf'ing or expressing - anyone know???)to pick up your spirits would do you good, too. Ok, or about 12 hr.s of uninterrupted sleep!!! LOL
Also about the cold thing with dd1, I think the body needs to have these episodes and it becomes desensitized to the viruses and she'll go back to being an uber-healthy babe again. I do hope Megan stays healthy! And Will too...not forgetting our buddy!

Karen I have several silks. I will have to rummage to find the least frayed piece (they're all new, but it frays at the edge where it was cut and dd has played with them a little, which doesn't help!). As I recall one is gold on one side with a pink pattern on the other, and one was blue (royal?) with black/red on the other...I can't really remember. I'm off to pack now, so I'll check. If I run across them now I'll have a look and try to post again later.

Have a nice few days in case I don't get back here tonight! Caio, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#242 of 497 Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 PM

andy- doesn't matter what the back is- there will be a diff fabric on the back.... just send a surprise.

sweetpea- have you tried using an sns or lact-aid? something where megan gets milk right away?
no matter what the outcome, (feed at breat or bottle only), know that you are doing the BEST for her- you ROCK!!!
#243 of 497 Old 03-20-2005, 11:54 PM

Thanks everyone for the hugs and stuff. I'm gonna miss him. I've had him longer than I've known Mike!

I think I'm going to try to make a mei tai, too. She likes to ride upright, and I think she'd like facing out. We have a snugli type thing, I think it's graco; but I don't like the hard thing behind her head, and the straps squish my boobs. :

s Laura. Hang in there, it will get easier! I keep hearing so many sucess stories of mamas who stuck it out and were able to have a great bf'ing relationship eventually.

I don't really need to get her on bottles. I'd like to go back to work a few hours a week, but I don't need to. It's mostly about my mental health I think. Usually by Friday or Satrday I'm ready to crack. Whenever Mike's home in the evening, she's hungry/cranky and won't go to him much. I get no breaks. Now she's started being more wakey when we're out, so we can't shop or anything for long. However, she did nap this afternoon after grocery shopping... and Mike and I did NOT nap. Finally!

Beca: will Ori go for the pinky as binky in the car? That works for us sometimes. Easier to manuever than the boob.

What did everyone do for Ostara, or are you doing for Easter or Passover? We're lapsed pagans with Christian family, so we did absolutely nothing special today, but we're doing the family stuff next weekend. I really feel bad about not coloring eggs and stuff, but I know she'll appreciate it much more next year.
#244 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 12:43 AM

Hi everyone!

Well, I got the living room painted yesterday A monumentous task - mostly because of the cleaning. But, it looks nice, a lovely sky blue color. I think its called "breath of freash air". I went out all day looking for the stuff I wanted to put IN it - and wouldn't you know, I couldn't find anything. I see stuff all the time while I'm out and about and I never get it. So, now that I want to get it, its not there :

Anywho, Paq, we went to mass for Palm Sunday this morning. Of course, the boys took it as an oppurtunity to whip each other with the blessed palms (pun intended). But it was lovely. I would also like to do something to celebrate the coming of spring. I'll have to think on it.

Karen, a mei tai would be awesome!! I would love another one, as long as its not black. Does anyone speak Chinese? Apparently, "mei tai" isn't the correct term for the carrier, or so says a little old Chinese lady I was talking to. She called it a dai hwong, or something -I know thats not right, but it was along those lines. Maybe one term is Cantonese and the other is mandarin? Aaah, I'm rambling.

So, I will post more later...the boys are up in a tree outside. I suppose I should go watch them
#245 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ann- WELL DONE on the LR!!! I am astonished! Truly! I can barely get a load of laundry done around here...with ONE baby, not two! And my big kid is, well, USUALLY a big helper, not a four yr. old!!! Sheesh - you put me to shame, mama.Good luck finding wonderful things to fill it!

It's too early to pester everyone else, but we've been awake for a WHILE now. Must get bags packed so that when he gets fussy I can just sit and nurse Ori until time to go. Caio! andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#246 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 10:27 AM

ah yes I do think it is a wisdom tooth I called my sister last night cause she's getting hers in and she agreed. I don't know when's normal, I'm 25, my sister is 23. I think my mum got hers in her early 30s. It does hurt some but its mostly bothing my sinus and ear which is a bummer. Oh well.

Laura, you're doing great. Yeah giving megan bottles is a pita and pumping is an even bigget pita but its worth it. I agree with Andy you should get some time to do something you want to. You really need the mental health break. I know you prob don't want to leave her since she hasn't been home that long ut caring for preemie is super hard work mentally and physically, leave her with dh or someone else that you trust. Have lunch with a friend, go shopping (even if its only window shopping). Even if you only take an hour and soak in nice hot bath with the door firmly closed you'll feel so much better for some mummy time. Have you tried talking to some other mums who are exclusivly pumping? I think they are a few floating around mdc. Maybe try poasting on the bf board. I know there are times where I'm ready to run down the cvs grab at can of formula and call work to schedual a return date, but just listening to these mammas (you too) who are having problems and fruistrations like me keep me going.

Quote:
so I look different than labor.... well, I supose that's a good thing!
:LOL yeah I don't know what I was thinking of course you're going to look different. We only have pictures of me after (the next day this time) and I hope I don't look like that. Though Karen, I remember looking at your labor pics and thinking how strong you looked.

For easter we're having my sister, her bf and my nephews over. I was going to invite my mum but she and my sister's bf are fighting, again, and I really wanted to have my sister so oh well. MIL seems to be under the impression that we're going over there however. I never realised how intimadated dh is by his mum until recently. We're not going over there on eater, basket for ds or not. I don't see my sister very often and nephew#2 i've seen maybe a dz times and I don't want my dinner rushed. Dinner and a basket is all we do for easter though.

We to Elizabeth over to visit with the guy who works with dh (he's been a family friend for years) his mum, Linda. She went blind about 5 years ago. We'd wanted to visit earlier but this is the 1st chance we got. She was so happy we came and loved holding and talking to Elizabeth. Well Elizabeth laughed like 3 times for Linda. We've only heard her laugh twice when she wasn't sleeping. I swear she knew Linda couldn't see her because, besides the laughing, she was so full of noises. It was like she wanted Linda to know she was enjoying her visit and since Linda couldn't see her smiles she used other ways to show her pleasure.

All this typing is keeping the little one up

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#247 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 01:39 PM

Az- that is the SWEETEST story about Elizabeth and Linda- thanks for sharing. that's really cool.

Ann- how on earth did you paint the living room with Violet? DId she hang out in the sling or mei tai while you painted? or does she have a chair? or did she, gasp, sleep alone while you powered through?
I'm getting so little done (which is ok),that I'm just amazed. Luka does nap on the bed occasionally, and when he does, it's usually for 2 hours. But I spend so much of that time wondering what to get done and not wanting to get too far away from him. I know I'll get a routine eventually, just not there yet.
#248 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 03:24 PM

Ok, well...I suppose I should come clean. I painted half the living room, while my mom and dh did the other half. We took turns holding the baby. Of course, I had to play outside with the gaggle of neighborhood kids while all of this happened, because we didn't want the kids inside. I think I would have rather painted :LOL

Generally I get nothing done either. Until it gets to the point where I just can't take it anymore, and freak out and go on a psycho cleaning binge. Then of course, its all messed up the next day. And I'm constantly at maximum frazzle capacity. I constantly feel like I just CANNOT take anymore, lI just can't do this. Then I turn around and everything is calm again, or dh steps up and gives me a break and everything is ok. Sigh....

On Friday we went to ds's school Easter party - just me and the kids. It was sooo crazy and I was trying to feed the kids, breastfeed Violet and take pics for the school yearbook at the same time - oh and Kobe was crying because some silly lady told him he had too many eggs and he had to give them to the littler kids. He didn't. Anyways, so I'm trying to do all this, and I feel like I must look totally wacky and I feel like crying and nobody, nobody not once offered to hold Violet for me. However, there was another mom there who has a baby the same age as Violet. Everyone passed the baby around, made sure the baby was being held so mom could get a break and eat. I think the entire party that baby was being held by someone else so the mom could enjoy it with her older kids. (the same age as ds1 and 2) What was up with that? Do people not like me? Is Violet not cute? I was a little miffed and told dh about it, and he said it probably just seemed like I could handle it. But that's the thing - I can't. This whole thing is really really hard and overwhelming for me. I suppose I just need to ask for help when I need it.

Az- my bottom two wisdom teeth cam ein in my early 20s. My dentist said its very rare for the top ones to grow in past 22 or so, but it can happen. They could be impacted, and really mess up your bite- and straitness of your teeth. So, it probably warrants a trip to the big D. Thats really cool about E and Linda. I really believe babies have a sixth sense you know.
#249 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 03:28 PM

well at least you're down here on earth with the rest of us!

Always easier to do the work rather than hold the babe (well, usually, anyways!)

What color mei tai you want? purple? want fancy fabric? or practical?
#250 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi
Generally I get nothing done either. Until it gets to the point where I just can't take it anymore, and freak out and go on a psycho cleaning binge. Then of course, its all messed up the next day.
Oh, me too Ann! I will suddenly go on this "nesting binge" (best I can describe it, just like when I was crazy with preg. hormones!) and MUST! MUST! MUST! clean. Drives DH nuts, but what can I do? If he would pick up too, rather than just step over things maybe I wouldn't be so weird? I actually watched him y'day step over a bunch of construction paper in the middle of the kitchen floor... six times!! Like it somehow belongs there??? Sigh... he honestly and truly just doesn't see things!

I uploaded some pictures that I took of Brynn the other day on her "2 Monthday" They're here ~ http://community.webshots.com/album/301233795TJuqDm/1
I love how some of them turned out, and now want to order MORE to print out ~ this when I still have my last order still to send out to relatives... did I mention that I just don't seem to get things done??

I went for my *first* post-partum run yesterday and managed a whopping 2 miles... actually, I won't lie, I felt pretty proud! I was breathing pretty heavy though by the time we made it home. It was nice to have the time just with Tessa while DH stayed home with Brynn, too. I hope that I'll be able to get out a couple of times a week for a run now. We basically have to time it for when DH is home and also when Brynn is sleeping. I get the feeling that she finds 8 weeks of age rather boring, as she likes to either be sleeping or nursing... :LOL
#251 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 04:12 PM

Karen- I love anything. Surprise me

What is up with those dh's, KAthy? Yesterday I get home from all our errands and church stuff, and I find dh not putting the furniture back from painting, but trying to fix the TV. Grrr...His heart is good though. He's just, well, a guy. The older I get, the more I find this is universally true. I used to think there were some wonderful, magical men out there, who didn't ever do this kind of stuff.. There might be, but they are a monolithic, mystical breed. Kind of like unicorns.
#252 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Oh, forgot to add - Love that smiley baby!!! Adorable!!! I'm cracking up at Tess's club kid pic. So cute.
#253 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 04:24 PM

Oh Karen, I meant to add that I love your Maya wrap! ('course I happen to have the same one... ) Gorgeous! I think it is, once again, my favorite carrier. The KKAFP is really nice for Brynn to sleep in, but the maya is so adjustable and wonderful to hold her upright.

Thanks Ann! Yeah, she certainly puts some interesting "looks" together... lol!
Dress-up is great fun!
#254 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 07:00 PM

Oh the beautiful babies! I love seeing everyones pics! And talking to Linda, awww!! I finally got a pic of Lauren smiling (did I say this twice already? I really can't remember) and now I just need to get dh to download the camera to the mac so I can put it online.

Went to bf support group today to use their scale, Lauren is slowing down in weight gain, but is still above average. She's 13 1/2 lbs. wearing a dipe. Sat near a mom who has a 6 week old with severe reflux, and when she saw my shirt (big cottage cheesey curdy spit up) and heard the shriek to Lauren's cry, she immediately asked me if we'd been checked out yet. We're going to well baby visit Thurs. and will be talking to pedi about it, as it seems to be getting worse and not better. All my google-ing about infant reflux says to start eliminating foods (dairy free for 4 weeks now, fixed the green poop problem), look at overactive letdown (working on that now) and then try drugs. I don't want to go so far as to try drugs, but my baby is really unhappy during the day.

Dh somehow managed to get her quiet and sleepy, and she woke and cried and he got her back to sleep again. Amazing guy. I think I might run to the grocery while they nap together.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#255 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Ann- I missed your part of the post about the Easter party. I'm so sorry. I agree with dh that people probably thought you were handling things just fine. Was Violet in a carrier- they also might not have offered to help if she was all tucked in..... but whatever. people can be lame, and we DO have to ask for help when we need it (easier said than done, I know). I seem to be able to ask dh and ds... everyone else? if I ask then they might see that I'm not perfect- LAME, I know.

Kathy- your girls are BEAUTIFUL. be proud mama! and a RUN??? geesh.

I weighed myself last night- mistake. I am a full 20 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. none of my clothes fit and I'm totally depressed. Yet, at the same time, I CAN"T stop eating junk. I made chocolate chip cookies the day before yesterday. I've probably eaten 20- no kidding. I think if Luka was more into being out and about, that it would be better, but we sit at home so much. ugh. that's an excuse, but it's partially true.
well, today is just not the best day and I guess that's ok.

Lisa, I hope Lauren doesn't have reflux. sorry. but then if that is what's going on, at least you'll know and can deal.

yes Kathy- isn't that Maya wrap gorgeous? I also have a KKACP but we haven't been using it lately at all. the maya just is seeming easier for me these days. I think I'll use the pouch more when he can sit up on my hip.- I like how small that one is.
And all this talk about mei tais (or whatever they should be called) and I never use mine. maybe later.

aloha
#256 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 09:19 PM

I had my 6 wk pp visit today. I weighed 3 lbs less than pre-preg weight but still 7 lbs over my lowest preg weight. And still more than I should be. At least I've been able to wear my pre-preg pants. I'm one of those people who will grow into her pants if they are big.

Well it looks like I'm heading for another round of ppd Its not bad but things seem to be getting worse everyday and the mw thinks I need to see someone and wants me to call my primary care for some meds, since the ppd got really bad with ds. I don't want to do the drugs. I am going to call some of the therapists though.

I've been thinking about LLL especilly since I think (and just about everyone else) getting out would greatly improve my mood. I don't know how I would find a group in my area though. Can anyone help me out on that? Also what goes on in a meeting, it is like a bf lesson, or more like a round table discussion with direction?

I'm just kinda bummed I was hoping my mood was "baby blues" even though I pretty much knew it wasn;'t it just makes it more real when someone else tells you.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#257 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 09:27 PM

Az.... I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time. I think getting out can be such a helpful thing. I've sure felt better since I began making a big effort to get out around people as much as I can. LLL is how I started branching out, too! If you go to the home page for LLL, there is a place to enter in your zip code to find groups near you. Often they will then give you a contact phone # of a leader in your area, and you can then call them to find out about meeting locations & times.

Here is a page with all the US states for group info http://www.lalecheleague.org/WebUS.html

I think every group has it's own vibe, but I find that ours is pretty laid back. There are 4 general topics that recycle every 4 weeks, but our group just use them as a general point to begin discussion, but there's no limitations really. People talk about what they want to talk about! We also tend to hang around a while after and chat, and people bring snacks to share.

again!
#258 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 09:33 PM

Az- ppd is hard. I hope you get the help you need mama!
LLL is good. I think most Groups have pretty laid back meetings. It's a support group, so whatever the topic of discussion for the meeting is, there is usually time to talk about whatever the moms present want to talk about. Our Group has trouble actually doing the topics because everything else is so much more interesting.
#259 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 09:37 PM

Hey Az, where are you? Our LLL is like Sly's, fairly casual unless we have new people with questions or anyone with an urgent bf issue to discuss/fix/share. There are rotating topics and the different groups seem to all be at a different point in the rotation, and I think I have groups 3/4 weeks of the month that I can hit day or evening. It's just a nice calm thing to do.

Remember the meds are just a short term thing, you aren't going on ppd meds for life, and you are prepared well, knowing that it's coming, rather than being there with nowhere to turn. I think I'd get the prescription filled and keep it on hand, but that's just me. and *hugs*

Ugh, yah, I hope it's not reflux either, yet I kinda wish it is, so we can get past the screaming and ugliness of it all. If a little maloxx my kid, then I'm jumping on that bandwagon, it's really stressful when I'm home alone with her and she's screaming and wants to eat because it feels good, yet the eating makes it hurt that much more when she's done. I'm half tempted to get a binky again, as sucking apparently helps keep things down between meals.

I don't know what dh did, or what baby tranquilizer he has in his pocket, but she's been sleeping since about 3:45, and it's 7:30 now. Hopefully she'll wake to diaper/eat and then sleep all night. I'd prefer that over a 4am wakeup call

Oooh and I'm excited, tomorrow we have nowhere to go, so I'm thinking of trying for a coverless if not partially diaper free day. Found a lap pad set at tjmaxx that had a crib size pad in it, and I think I could add straps and make an apron out of it, something nice and soft and water resistant for naked baby to hang out on. Someone on my ec list just suggested making aprons the other day, perhaps a cottage industry for me?

Funny, I cancelled our well baby visit last week because we were both sick, called today to reschedule it, and they are booked until MAY! So I also said that I think she's having big reflux issues and could we get a sick visit this week to deal with that, and they of course scheduled us right in for Thurs. Funny thing is, I think all they do at well visits are height/weight and shots, right? So why they can't do that during our sick visit I don't know, but when the lady asked when her 2mth bday was so she could schedule it, she told me it was ok to bring sick babies to well visits, they just wait to do the shots for another day, but they can't do my well visit when we're coming for a sick visit. Hrm?? Methinks they have nutty policy, and maybe it's time to switch to the family practice where they are a little more normal.

G'nite, I'm waiting for dh to get home from school and then I'm going to bed.

Lisa

#260 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 PM

Oh Az, I'm sorry mama. I agree about finding LLL, and also possibly a ppd support group. MAybe the birth center or hospital would know of one? I battled it during my pregnancy this time around, and finally, during the last trimester ended up taking the antidepressents . It really really helped. I didn't realize what a fog I had been in, until it lifted, yk? I stopped them after I gave birth, and have been fine ever since.

We're all here for you too. Please feel free to share with us Motherhood is so overwhelming, especially in our society where we don't have a lot of support.

Lisa - wow! That sounds really rough. Nothing worse than an inconsolable babe. I hope you get into the doc and get everything figured out. I think a baby zantac is what they prescribe for reflux these days. ANyways, getting little Lauren comfortable, healthy and happy is what's most important. If your intuition is telling you something's not right - then its most likely true. Keep us updated ok!

Oh well, I'm having one of those vegging out days. We all walked over to the park, but Kobe fell off the bars and scraped his cheek and his knee, so now we're back. Boys are playing on the lanai with bandaids stuck all over their bodies - and I'm sitting here kind of spacing off with Violet in the sling. We got some really cute violet and tropical print Wonderoos today, so that is about the top of the list for excitement for me.

Oh, who was talking about the sugar? I'm out of control with it too - mostly soda, which is awful. I've never been a soda drinker until now. I can literally feel it eroding away my teeth when I take a sip, but I drink it anyway. I think I'm down to my prepregnancy weight, but keep in mind Makai was still a baby when I got pregnant, so I have a bit to go before I'm down to my regular weight. I actually don't mind my weight now - I like being a little curvy. I jsut want to tone up a bit, especially my stomach. I can't believe you ran 2 miles Kathy! Wow! I'm so jealous
#261 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 11:20 PM

We are just having the worst day over here. Dh is completely and utterly depressed about some personal stuff of his and some relationship stuff. There's nothing I can do/say to help- I think every time I do say something, I make it worse.... and he's just moping around. He doen't like the kids to see him like this and says we'd just be better off w/o him.... ds1 is at camp and ds2 is playing with the neighbors and Luka is hanging well, so at least I'm the only one being sucked in. I'm crying on and off all day. it just sucks.
He's also going away next week for 2 weeks.
I don't know why I'm writing here- It's not necessarily the appropriate forum, but I "know" you guys.
I wish I wasn't such a sponge.
#262 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 11:33 PM

Aww..Karen. I'm sorry. You know you can always PM me if you need to talk. That goes for anyone here
#263 of 497 Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Karen, s to you and your dh. If you need anything, let me/us know. We are here for you to "talk" to about anything.

s to you too, AZ. I am glad you are getting help for your ppd. It will pass. With help things will get better for you.

proudmom
#264 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 07:00 AM

Karen for you

Kathy- your girls are adorable and oh my a 2 mile run? I couldnt' even do that pre preg, lol.

Lisa- Megan is on zantac, I believe that is the first med they would prescribe. It has helped. It hurts to see your baby in pain. Luckily most babies outgrow, my first dd outgrew it by 4 mths. I have a feeling Megan could have it longer though.

Thxs ladies for your support. I have tried a sns, actually it seemed to make it worse so i would try after i pump just in case too much came out but nope she just doesn't like my bbs I guess. I really can't get out on my own much cuz everyone is afraid to watch Megan, they think she's gonna combust or something? even dh has a hard time watching her alone. I go to the grocery store on the weekends and I can see it in his eye "hurry back" and that sad puppy dog look. If something happened to Megan he said he'd freeze and wouldn't know what to do. I'm so worn out at nights it's amazing. So last night I told him I need to go to bed early, so I did. Felt great. Of course I'm up early but my bbs were waking me up. But I'll head back for hopefullly a couple more hrs. Megan hasn't waken yet she's going on 6 1/2 hrs now, hmm wonder if she'll make it to 7?
#265 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I don't know why I'm writing here- It's not necessarily the appropriate forum
hey now where ever we are is the appropriate forum. We're always here to listen. Its hard when you can't help the one you love. I holpe dh is feeling better today

Laura it has to be really tough that all the responsability has to fall on you. One of dh's sisters was a preemie and no one wanted to hold her either. Everyone was afraid they were going to "break" her. Hopefully it'll get better as she gets bigger and sturdier

#266 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Oh wow big hugs all around! Karen, Az, Laura, Paq, everyone!

Lauren slept yesterday from 4-9 (I woke her to eat) and then 9:30-3:30 (she woke me to eat) and 3:30-6:30 (she woke me again) and then she napped for another 40 min. I can hear her now, but dh is in bed with her, so hopefully he'll wake before she gets to crying. She's sorta talking in that "hello why the hell isn't anyone here to pay attention to me" loud way she has, on the edge of fuss but not quite angry enough to cry kind of way.

She slammed me in the face with projectile puke this morning, after she eats I tend to wiggle down low enough that I can pull the covers over my shoulder w/o covering her face, and she was sleeping and then suddenly I was dripping. Yuck! And I was at least 10" away from her, not like we were nose to nose or anything.

I need breakfast. I just finished the dark chocolate pretzels we had, which doesn't count as breakfast, even if I think it should.

Lisa

#267 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 10:26 AM

Oh and a question, mamas who take the babes to chiro... what do they do with little babies? I can't imagine my stereotypical view of a chiro (having never been but seriously ready to go!) yanking on an adult body being healthy for a little baby. So fix my ignorance and tell me all about it!

#268 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 AM

Wow Lisa she slept quite a bit for ya. Sorry about the puke, know all too well about that.

Az- yeah I don't know why people think she's gonna break, she's no longer a 2lb baby in a fragile state, heck she whacked me with her head this morning and I was in more pain than she was, she didn't even cry but I did. She's a strong little sweetpea.

Well Megan did sleep for 7 hrs last night, thats her longest yet. I hope it continues, as I'm on my knees begging for her to sleep, hehe. It's gonna be 50 out today so I'm taking the girls out of the house. I'm going to the outlets which is an outdoor mall, just to a few stores so it shouldn't be that bad since it's mainly outdoors. I mean if Megan has yet to get sick with all this sickness thats been circulating in this house, one little store won't hurt. I've isolated her for 2 mths so far, so it's time to slowly recirculate into the world. I miss it!

Even though it seems I'm such in the dumps lately, I'm really happy inside. I thankfully for everything I have and appreciate it. It's just hard when you are so tired even the little things seem hard.
Here's a few recent pics of my pea here. She's really liking the camera lately
http://photobucket.com/albums/v16/sw.../sweetpea%202/
#269 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 AM

wow- I didn't manage to make it to the board for a couple days, took me a while to catch up. Dh and I are both sick. We had a good time celebrating Ostara/Spring equinox on sunday. it was the first time dd1 ever actually particpated in a ritual.

Laura, I hope you can work it out with the feedings.

Karen, hugs to you and your dh.

gotta go babe crying here
#270 of 497 Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 PM

Morning, all! We are only NOW getting up... at 9am!! Ahh, this feels good

My eldest DD woke up at around 8pm last night with quite a high fever, and a racing heartbeat. We didn't give her any meds, just lots of water and I nursed her a bit and she fell back asleep. She woke a few times in the night for water, and still felt a bit hot, but this morning her temperature is down and she says she feels good. I guess it could be a bug, or maybe the last of her molars coming in?? We'll just keep an eye on it, I suppose.

Karen, . I agree with what everyone else has said already ~ you can talk here anytime!! It sounds from the tone of your post that you're feeing helpless, wanting to somehow help your DH. I hope things get better for him (and you) very soon.

uh oh, Brynn is waking... must run! Dh is VERY deaf in the a.m.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page