January Babylicious March Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 497 Old 03-01-2005, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hola mamas! Just thought I'd get this started. Dd came running downstairs at 6am (scared me to death all the stomping!) yelling about the snow day and first day of march all in one rambly belly laugh. Quite the site in the wool nightie and fuzzy slippers :LOL . I hope it's a really terrific month for everyone! Enjoy!!! - for many of us, we're heading into month two with a need for patterns and a little bit of predictability to life. Wouldn't that be nice! Some of us are back to work, and life going on as usual. I hope it's a GREAT usual! Ok, I had my rant earlier (feb. thread) and am now feeling very optomistic about life. Hope the night goes well!!! Andy

hey where is everyone?

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 09:52 AM

Happy March Ladies,

I can't believe that Will is 2 months old already. I haven't even gotten the birth announcements out yet. :

Andy - I agree, a routine would be nice. We had a good one going, but the whole hospital fiasco last week screwed that one up. At least the nights are still pretty much the same. Nurse at 9:30pm, then to sleep until 2 or 2:30. Back up around 4:30 to nurse again, and then he lays in his bassinet for a while until he gets fussy. I am scared to change him this morning, though, I heard him take a giagantic poo. Good thing DH is home. He is on diaper duty.

Mini Rant: What is up with husbands and diapers?!? All I ask is that he unsnap the soakers from the shells before putting them in the pail so that we don't have to completely replace the diapers. We don't even have to rinse the dipes at the moment. I do all of the rest. I go today to put the dipes in the dryer, and nearly half of them are still snapped together. I gave him an ultimatium. Either unsnap them, or face the fact that they will have to be replaced when the snaps rip out :
Okay, I'm done now.

Well, wish us luck. We have the cardiologist today and should find out when the surgery will be. Gotta go get ready for the day!
#3 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Hey - just wanted to push this thread up to the top, so we can find it. This thread forun is way bigger than the prengancy one. whew! typing one handed but not with a very quiet baby. check ya later mamas! andy

#4 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Oooh new thread. I posted on the old one. Here's what I said...

UGH Andy, what a day! I'm with you on evil baby won't nap syndrome right now.. we've been shoving her into a sling and just wearing her all day, which is killer on my back, but allows me to get a little bit done around here. Oh, and it's still snowing here, so maybe your mom will have to stay home yet again because of the weather!

On the flip side, and I just had this revelation the other day, I'm so thankful that I can just climb into bed with her most (but not last) nights and nurse to sleep, diaper and nurse in the middle of the night, and nurse again in the early morning, if I had to get out of bed and walk and jiggle and bounce and rock all night to get her to sleep I'd be one hell-a meanie around here!

Last night wasn't pretty. Actually the last 2 nights weren't. She just can't unwind to go to bed when it's late. I don't know what's up with her, but she nurses and nurses and nurses and nurses and then pops off and on and thrashes around until I think my nipples have been worn flat. Monday night she finally settled down after 2 dipe changes, last night I couldn't take it anymore and just held on to her on my chest and we both fell asleep, but I woke at midnight in the MOST uncomfortable position!

I guess I should shower and find breakfast before she wakes up, or I'll never get to eat. And woohoo, I'm getting a haircut today, I think it's been 7 weeks since I had my hair cut, as I am pretty sure it was the week before she was born. I'm feeling a little shaggy. I've enlisted my mom to go with us, she's getting her hair cut too, just 30 min. earlier, so hopefully she can walk, rock and bounce baby long enough for me to get finished.

Lisa

And more to add,

Nicole, I hear ya on the announcements, I just got ours done, now I have to envelope, address, stamp and mail them all. UGH! Good luck with the cardi appt.

Andy, the snow just picked up AGAIN, it's superblizzard here, enjoy the snow day.

Now I'm going to make breakfast. Finally.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#5 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 10:27 AM

Mine has had a couple of days where she won't nap, but it's not really a habit, maybe two days out of the week. She almost always sleeps late in the morning, though.

I never did birth announcements either, but I have shower thank-you cards to get cracking on, and I washed the paper with the "who got me what" info on it! I hope I kept the right cards with everything, or at least that my mom remembers.

Has anyone done any portraits yet? I'm wondering if I need to get them done soon to get them back for Easter. I'll probably go to Penneys cause I have the best coupon there. $4/sheet, no sitting fee.
#6 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies - Lisa - thanks for the forecast! It's pretty snowy here - been snowing for about a day and a half. No school y-day, but she went off today, so it's gotta be dying down or they would've cancelled (Montessori schools cancel on a dime, just so's ya know).

Nicole - good luck at the doc. today! I keep hoping they'll turn it around and say WOW - it's all better! go home and enjoy! Well, I'll hold out that hope for you, so that you won't get disapointed if it doesn't happen.

Lisa - your days sound pretty tough right now. In the sleep books I've read, it becomes very difficult to get baby down once they are 'overstimulated' - which means something different in sleep talk than it doeslater on with big kids. Basically you need to do w/sleep exactly what you do w/ec, and take her cues for tired and get her to sleep before she's all stirky, then she'll sleep better, moer quickly, and for longer. I rec, Weisbluths book with a grain of salt...

Ok, off to the chiro - have a great day all! Andy

#7 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Paq - that's a good price. I think it takes about 10 - 14 days at the big stores. good luck with that! We have baby acne, so I think I'll wait...

#8 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 02:03 PM

Hey andy- maybe you could edit the title of the thread and add in Jan something or other. I didn't find this one until I had already posted in the old thread.... I put a message in the old one that this one is here too....

Here's what I posted in the old thread
I'm thinking on the fact that when you have a newborn, every day (esp a non sleep day) can seem like an eternity. I've noticed that we write about the minutae of our days because they become so important when we're sitting at home! When you're out and about and having a life, it's just different, yk?
My baby also didn't sleep a lot yesterday- mostly little cat naps and then all afternoon took longer naps but woke up grumpy (ie. still tired). I hope today is better.
THe worst part about him is that he is consistently waking up at 6. He starts snorting and groaning and just making lots of noise at like 5:40 until the eyes pop open at 6. It's just TOO early for me. We lie in bed usually for another 20-30 minutes while he stares at walls or whatever, and I try to pry my eyes open. But by then I've got to go to the bathroom and I start feeling guilty that he's been wearing the same diaper all night. He does go back to sleep like an hour or so later but by then I'm too awake to sleep more. sigh.... when he's older, if he still does this, we'll put toys by the side of the bed for him to play with while I sleep.

Heather- I'm glad you're having some better days. I remember when I had ds2 I got in this mindset that the first 6 months would be the hardest and that I just had to deal. It was true. 6 months was challenging (but truly went by fast) and then my boys started to play with each other..... so hang in there!!!
Andy- hope today is a MUCH better day!

Hope everyone has an excellent day!

Adding:
Birth announcements? geesh.... nothing like that over here. Everyone's gotten an email. Isn't that enough? WHo has TIME for these things?
I have gotten out some thank you cards- esp to the older relatives who have sent gifts. one of these years I'll catch up!
#9 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Hi,

I've been so busy the past couple days, I haven't had time to post! Nothing really exciting per say- just kid school stuff.

Heather - ack ...We all have those days mama. I remember the first time I yelled at Kobe, it was shortly after Makai was born. I was soooo mortified. But it happens and its totally normal and ok, yk? We're only human after all, and the fact that you were so upset by the incident shows that YOU ARE a wonderful mama who loves her babies. Hang in there - it will get better. 2 is such a hard age. One thing that helped a lot (and still does) is that I try to have lots of activity outside of the house. Luckily my babies are sling babies and don't seem to mind going along. But we do all kinds of stuff - art class, music class, LLL playgroup, tot soccer, tumbling, swimming. Not all at the same time, just one or two per session. But it really helps the boys get their extra energy out in a positive, focused way. And it keeps them from terrorizing (me) mainly at home.

I can't believe Violet is two months old. She's really out of the newborn phase now. She can roll halfway over, she smiles alot, and she is SO chubby! I'm not sure how much she weighs - I'm guessing around 15 lbs, because she's fitting into 6-9 month clothes. I love this baby phase. Their just so juicy and chubby and kissable. Sleeping is getting better. She is still waking up at about 5:30, but strangely she just lays there kind of wiggling around. I just lay there and half sleep usually. She is just starting to like to lay on a blanket and look around during her awake periods, but only for a couple minutes, she's pretty mesmerized by the ceiling fan. Mostly, she's still in the sling every waking moment - its killing my back too, but at least she's happy.

Anyways, here are some recent pics http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeEM2zlm1ZtmGJ

We did get some portraits done last month at Sears. It takes about a month to get them back, which is kind of a bummer. I haven't sent out birth announcements either. Its almost getting too late now.

Have a great day everyone!
#10 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 04:43 PM

OMG Ann- Violet is soooo cute. I adore her cheeks and I don't know how you could keep yourself from squeezing and kissing them all day long!!!

I envy you being busy. Life has been so slow here and it's getting old. I don't think I've driven from the house in several days. But truly, there's nowhere I wanna go right now. We're supposed to have an LLL meeting tomrrow but we've lost our meeting place and me, lone Leader here has not put any effort into getting a new one. so.... home we stay. actually we have a party to go to tonight and tomorrow ds1 is getting braces on , which will be a long day in town.
#11 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Hey Paq - that's a good price. I think it takes about 10 - 14 days at the big stores. good luck with that! We have baby acne, so I think I'll wait...
We do too, but if it's either that or no pics by Easter, we'll go spotty. Hopefully I can stop in there tomorrow while we're out and see what their turnaround time is like.
#12 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 04:59 PM

Birth Announcements completely slipped my mind, as did the fact that it's a new month. Well, I knew it was a new month, but it didn't occur to me that that means a new thread. For portraits, we'll go to the superstore (local chain grocery store), cuz they're the cheapest. I'm thinking about waiting till Geneva is a bit older, like around 3 mos.
#13 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Free ice cream!

Just what we all need in this cold climate.

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo_birthday/

#14 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 10:42 PM

Wow, it's March already!!! Time sure is passing quickly nowdays.

Today was a good one for us. We actually made it to our monthly LLL meeting. They're a small group, and I wish there were more of them to attend in our area, but the nearest are 1 hr+ away. NOT a drive I'm eager for with a 6wk old & a 27 month old!! Ey yey yey!
Anyway, there were 5 of us there today and two of the Moms I hadn't met before. I wish one of them had been able to stay until the meeting ended, as I'd wanted to ask her and her little girl over for coffee sometime. Sheesh, sometimes it feels like you're dating again when you're looking to hook up with like-minded Mamas, hey? :

Violet is so, so cute!! What a lovely and contagious big smile she has, Ann. She looks so happy!
We don't tend to do prof. pictures, as I really like doing them myself and that way I can take a million of them & get the ones I like. Plus, DD #1 tends to take a while to get adjusted to new situations, making "natural" pictures from a studio really challenging to get. I took a whole load of pictures this weekend actually, and I have a couple uploaded so far ~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sizeofbt02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sizeofbt01.jpg

this one was kind of a fluke, but I really like how it turned out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sizeofbt03.jpg

Yeah, I'm a regular shutterbug... poor kids are going to grow up and be sick to death with camera flashes!

to all of my fellow toddler-mamas. I am right there with you in that some days I feel like I'm such a loser parent. I try my best not to lose my patience, knowing that as much as this is all an adjustment for me, it's even more so an adjustment for her, but there are days where I am less happy with how I manage than others. I'm thankful that we have way more good moments than not, and on the occasions that I do handle something poorly I am really open with her about it. I tell her that I felt frustated and that I didn't handle it the best way that I could have, and that I'm sorry. Thankfully, these don't happen too often, but I can empathize with how rotten it feels.

Someone (sorry, I forgot who) mentioned feeling discouraged by slow weight loss. I'm right there with you... I'm trying not to let it get to me, but admittedly it is. I went to my 6wk PP check-up yesterday, and was just horrified by my weight on the doctor's scale. Now, I know that I always tend to weigh a bit more on those scales than I do at home, but EGAD. It was bad. So I am feeling pretty discouraged. I am not getting as much exercise as I'd like to, but still I am managing to get in a few miles at least 3 days a week, plus pilates or yoga a couple of times a week. With my first daughter I lost all but 7 lbs within the first 2 weeks, so I guess I was anticipating a similar experience this time. Sigh.... I feel shallow even mentioning this, but it's just bringing me down. DH is awesome though, and tells me I've never been more gorgeous. I love this man!

Oh, Lisa, I'd meant to tell you that I got your bead last week. Thanks, Mama! I will add it to Brynn's keepsake box with the rest

phone rings.. bye for now!
#15 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 10:48 PM

kathy, your dd1 is 27 mos??? and her hair is *that* long?????????
#16 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 10:58 PM

Yup, the girl's got some hair on her! Actually, while I think it's gorgeous, it's getting a bit hard to care for since she doesn't tend to like me brushing it... ey yey yey!
#17 of 497 Old 03-02-2005, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Hey - Just thought I'd mention I went to a meeting tonight ALONE! I nursed Ori down at 6:30, and got home from the mtg. at 9. Not a PEEP! Dh is so impressed (as am I!) what a little champ. Actually, it's because he didn't get a big long afternoon nap in that he is doing this, he's TIRED, but he did catnap a few times, and had a good long a.m. nap. He's such a good boy. Slap me when I say otherwise. Good news! The reuseabums lady (tina) finally got in touch - I am so pleased! Did I mention this already? Sorry. I am just SO psyched! And kind of relieved, because most of our wraps are from dd and they're old and leaky and we're doing a LOT of laundry over here ... so I'm looking forward to some more wraps that don't leak through his clothes .

I LOVE the pics! Kathy - I'm really impressed you cought a smile! Ori still doesn't smile - not socially, anyway. Once in a while I catch a little smile when his belly is full is the milk is dribbling down is little chin and he latches off in that eyes rolled back bliss state (that one where when you pick them up to burp them they head bobble like a drunken sailor - know it?!). You do take good pics., and the girls are BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!

Ann - Violet is AMAZING! Truly a sweetie and just yummy to the eye! She does look big, but hey - this is the creamy babyliscious thread, eh! Ori does the same thing with his thumbs, tucking them in and squeezing them so hard the knuckles turn white. Wonder what that's all about...

Pam - I surely do miss the superstore...we had one where we used to live outside Vancouver, but alas...NY just has WalMart (tripple )

Ok, best get a snuggle in with dh before the sleepmonger awakens and my night is over . Lotsa hugs to mamas! Oh, and to answer Laura (I think) - haven't heard from Embens in a long while. andy

#18 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning everyone! We're up and attum this a.m. The downside of the early to bed-er is that he is UP at a god awful hour of the morning. ugh. He's back asleep now, but I'm afraid we might get into a baaad pattern. When does actual pattern sleeping begin? For all the reading I've done on sleep issues, you'd think I'd have come across this. Most books treat newborn stage until 3 - 4 mos, which seems kind of long to me. Violet is two months and she doesn't look like a new born at ALL! And Will either, probably.

Speaking of whom, Nicole - what's the word on Will boy?

One last thing on sleep - because I went out last night, I didn't lay down with Ori at all until he peeped at about 10:30 (4.5 hrs. he slept!). Dh and I went up about the same time. After I nursed Ori, I went in and snuggled with dh, and fell asleep. I woke at 2ish when Ori woke again (3.5 hrs.). These are WAY longer stretches then he does when I sleep with him (usually 2-3hrs., occasionally 3.5, very occasionally 4 hrs.). Do you think he's a better sleeper when he's not sleeping with me? OMG I hate to think of the little fellow all by himself at this stage (not the least because of his breathing difficulties)... How would I ever know the difference between him sleeping well no matterif I was there or not, or sleeping well because I'm not there???

Well, not much else to report, except I bought MORE wool soakers last night on line. And I've given up on the ebay thing. I keep losing out bids at the last second, and it's KILLING ME! Hope you have a great day today! Andy

#19 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Hey - Just thought I'd mention I went to a meeting tonight ALONE! I nursed Ori down at 6:30, and got home from the mtg. at 9. Not a PEEP! Dh is so impressed (as am I!)
Ok well I was all proud becuase I went to the post office yesterday just ds and I, but Andy that blows my 30min trip away. Way to go mama

Weight loss, I don't want to know. I've yet to step onto a scale. However I was at the rmv yesterday and the woman there said I looked great for having a baby not even a month ago. So now my ego is all inflated and I'm thinking about taking the box of my pre-preg clothes out of the closet. I'm 90% sure that maybe 2 things would fit so who knows...

Ds went to the oral surgen yesterday. He had a tooth that cracked off right at the gum, yuck. They put him under to remove it and he was in a mood for hours after. The tinest thing would make him cry and cry. Then after that he was acting like a jerk to everyone (pets included) and using foul lanuage. We went to the il's for dinner and when we came home it was time for bed. I went upstairs an hour later and ds was sneaking playing video games. So I wasn't too happy with that.

Good news from yesterday though, ds did hooked on phonics with me for a couple of hours and he's doing great Elizabeth took a 3 1/2 hours nap yesterday morning, laying down by herself in my bed, no swing no vibrating basinette then I layed her down last night at bed time in the bed by herself again and I didn't cuddle up with her when I went to bed and she slept from 10-1 and... dh and I gio for the first time since well before she was born no pain at all So I'm in a very good mood this morning.

Oh Violet look so big and I love the droopy cheeks. Kathy the pictures of your girls were great. DD#1 does have very long hair. and it looks so nice, I wish my hair could look that good.

Well baby fusses. Hopefully I'll be back to post more later.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#20 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Mamabeca - I think it varies when sleep patterns emerge. Will sleeps pretty consistenly like this at night: Nurse around 5 and sleep from 6:30 or so until 9 when we go to bed. Diaper change and nurse again, this time to sleep. Then he sleeps until 2 am or so and I pull him into bed with us to nurse and then we all go to sleep again.

Doctors visit - They have started the process to schedule the surgery. It will be in 4 weeks or so, which is early April. There are a couple of signs that show us he is working harder to breathe/eat, ect. He is getting sweaty when he eats and has not gained as much weight. They also put him on a medication called digoxin, to help his heart contract harder. It helps to fight against the narrowing of his aorta and push the blood through. Now, if I can get the pharmacy to actually fill it and not lose it, that would be great.

Running late this morning. Gotta go get ready for work.

Have a great day. More later.
#21 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 10:49 AM

Nicole, healthy happy thoughts to Will, I'm sure he'll do super with the surgery too!

Andy, sleep for us is something along the lines of nap at 5 so I can make/eat dinner, awake at 6 or so, 7:30-8ish we climb into bed and nurse to sleep, wake at 12-1ish, change, nurse to sleep (this one is faster), wake at 4ish nurse again, wake at 7. Sometimes if she goes a bit longer the first session, everything spaces back a bit and we sleep til 8. Either way I'm still waking up tired most days!

Going back to work today to fix more problems and do some super important paperwork. Ugh, I just need to resign and be done with it. But I have to be the responsible good employee until my sick days run out.

The sun is shining and the snow is blinding me... beautiful day today!

Lisa

#22 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 AM

Just have to share my joy -- she's in a sling! Woohoo!

Okay, backstory... I made one sling when she was a week or two old, but it was way too big, she was hanging around my bellybutton. So I cut it down a bit, and then I washed it and it got too small! I could hardly fit it across my boob, nevermind getting a baby into it. So we've been sling-less, but I FINALLY finished the second one today, and it fits perfectly! She can even nurse in it without me holding her! It's so nice to have two hands again.

Oh, we used this pattern, btw: http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html . Super easy if you have any sewing skills.

#23 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Morning, Mamas!

Gah, I just realized that I posted last night that my eldest daughter was 27 months old for some, odd reason.... she's actually 32 months old. Mama brain ... and Mama Brain struck again this morning as I melted a good chunk of my food processor down when I turned on the burner to warm up as I prepared my little espresso pot, not even noticing that I'd set the food processor upside down on the stove burner to drip dry last night. Now it stinks in here, and I'm not sure how my processor's going to work with a big ol' hole melted into the top of it.

But anyway!

Thanks for all of the nice compliments about our pictures. I ordered a big lot of pictures from ofoto last week, and they're due to arrive today! Yippee!! So great when FUN mail comes! I'll be sending them out to family, and I did do a "birth announcement" type photo that I can't wait to see how it turned out. It's just a close-up of Brynn when she was 2 days old, in black and white, and then with text across the bottom.

Brynn is still sleeping quite a lot, with periods of wakefulness scattered throughout the day...yeah, just typical newborn stuff. I hesitate personally to think too much about schedules or patterns, but that's just me. My experience with DD #1 has been that the *moment* you think you have it figured out, they change it up on you... Maybe that's why I hesitate, then! If I don't figure it out, everything will stay running smooth??

Ah, my older girl awakens... time to go!
#24 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette
Just have to share my joy -- she's in a sling! Woohoo!
Yay!! That is a joyful announcement. Life sure becomes easier when you can wear them, hey? I made a pouch when my eldest was a baby too, and it feels wonderful to be able to create something yourself. You'll have to post some pictures if you get a chance!
#25 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 11:52 AM

Well i finally got to see a smile. i thought there were a few at 3 an d 4 weeks but i wasn't sure when i'd seen them if they could actually be intentional, and i hadnt seen any s8ince, though she always smiles for dh.

i was holding her over the potty and she hadnt done anything yet, then she sneezed 3 x, and on the 3rd one a good-sized spray of poop came out, and though most landed where it should, some sprayed on my last clean pair of pants. What a smile she had! beautiful! I called her a turkey, but i was smiling back.
#26 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, there's a fussy boy in THIS house today! I've been trying to get on the exercise ball for two hours now. The longest stretch of time he's given me is like 20 min. Double ! I really wear thin on days like this. He's not napping. Just won't stay asleep, even on me. I have worn him, slung him, cuddled him, snuggled him. He's just one cranky little cowboy today.

Whew. thanks for the rant space.

It sounds like we just can not expect much in the way of sleeping from these kiddos for a while yet. I have about the same sched. as Lisa right now, although he doesn't nap around five, he usually won't, and then by 6 or six thirty, just when dinner is on the table, he's a total cranky pants and nods right off. I haven't found, maybe, the combination of what he needs to easily fall asleep - warm/cold, noise/quiet, cuddle/solo space. He's so much harder to read that way than dd was. She was a total cuddle monger, only slept with me ever - usually like some of your babes, ON me. And then she was six... sigh. At least she was predictable!

Well, Ori finally nodded off (woke, and nodded again), so I'm going to try again on the ex. ball. I don't want to say how yucky my tummy looks in these stretch shorts. Ugh.

I love my sleeping baby andy

#27 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM

super tired mama here. We went to a party last night and I think that energetically it was maybe a little much for my bambino? there were tons of toddlers there and a lot of noise. He slept through a lot of it, but we had a bad night. I got him to sleep at 11 and then I was up bouncing him in the living room from 2:30-4. thought we'd get to sleep in in the morn, but no way! he woke up at 5 and then wide awake at 6! WHY???? At 7 I gave him to ds1 and went back to bed. They had a great time as this child is so happy when he awakens in the am- all smiles and stuff.
but WHATEVER. I will survive.

Nicole- guess it's good to hear you have a date set for the surgery. now you can plan for it and be prepared. keep giving that baby lots of love and mamas milk and he'll do great, I bet!

wow andy- you went out ALONE??? and it was painless on both ends? amazing. perhaps that's just what you needed!

yaypaquerette on the sling! it's so great to have a way to carry your baby! I have a sling I bought (pouch) and a mei tai I made and then I'm meeting a mama today and gettign a maya wrap from her. I need more variety and I want to support her (single mama who's baby I caught last year). I also think having an adjustable one will work for more people in the family.

geesh, ds brought the baby back asleep and now he's nursing and seems so OUT. he's catching up- WHY not at night? he's got crusty dried milk in his hair too.... musta sprung a fountain at night and hit him.

better run, my 8 year old wants to make us eggs for breakfast and he can't find the salt.
#28 of 497 Old 03-03-2005, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hey K - oooh, hugs mama! Tough nights are totally sucky. I have had a day to match, though. Karma catching up with me for abandoning my babe last night? I was only 5 min. away, so he wouldn't have cried long. I woulda been back before the diaper got changed! Or maybe it's just the way with these little creatures. No reasoning with them. Ori was mucho unhappy for the entire 11-3pm period. Slept for a few minutes here and there (once in the cot, but mostly on me), but never more than about 10 min. It took me 4 hrs. to get in 40 min. of the exercise CD - but I did it! I don't think it's very effective when spread out over 4 hrs., but it gave me a chance to go through it once and see how hard it is etc. Ori is finally asleep in the sling, just in time for dd to get off the bus (man, if ever there was a time for him to be AWAKE it's when she's home - this girl is so in love...

Ok, gotta go. Time to work on science project! Andy

#29 of 497 Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Ok Kathy - been thinking about this one for a while (give me a LIFE!). I think if you had a cover for the big ole hole it would still work, just something you could either a) stuff into the hole, like a rag (which would need frequent washings because it would get all the food splatter) or b) to cover it in a way that it doesn't jiggle off, like sticking it on with wall tacky or suction. Hmmm. Well, good luck with that. I sure hope you don't have to chuck it! I know I use mine a TON and hate shopping, so it would def. have to be replaced. It sound slike you use yours a fair bit, too!

Just wondering if anyone has any good recipes for dinner - something quick on the prep. side, because mr. crankypants does NOT let me prepare for more than about 6 min. before throwing a hissy. He's a cluster feeder 4:30 - 6pm (w/ or w/out nap, the little stinker!).

6 wk mw visit tomorrow! It was his anniv. today - celebrated by not napping???Oh well. I do love the little fella to bits, he's just PERFECT even when I can see his tonsils and he turns a little purple...not so good.

Karen - did I tell you I did the treadmill with him the other day? I think I may have. Anyway, it occurred to me later, like today, that it may not be the safest thing in the world to do. I mean nothing happened, and I think it's a long shot that something would, but it's most likely that I would fall forward (ie: onto baby) if I slipped or something, no? Well, I guess I'd better tone it down, then, when he's coming for a ride on it, because at least I did get to do the work out! And actually he seemed quite content to bob along. Does Luka like that kind of motion? I think it's so great that Ra'am can get Luka to sleep. wow! Dd here in NO way has any intention EVER of helping this baby get sleep. She is SO into him awake, so wanting to PLAY with him. sigh. Your boys are older, and more aware of sleep deprivation, perhaps. How are things with you and dd1 now that the hormones have shifted?

I just can't WAIT to get my wool soakers. finger roll finger roll finger roll. I tghought I would get some this week, but I guess it'll be next week. sad. Oh well. Ok, hope everyone is having a good evening! I'm off to watch the rest of ER. Dh went out with buddies to a bar - ugh. smell of cigarette smoke inevitably follows. Caio!

#30 of 497 Old 03-04-2005, 01:03 AM

Hello everybody. Miss Evelyn has not given me any computer time for the last few days. Today I had to let her fuss on my lap while trying to order DH's birthday present. He turns 30 tomorrow.

Az, congratulations on gio! I can't wait. On Tuesday I went to a new GYN, and he was super. He was incredibly gentle. He had to do a rectal exam and even that didn't hurt. That cyst at the entrance to my vagina contained 4cc's of mucousy fluid; he drained it with a needle. I feel sooo much better now that it isn't hanging out there, bugging me all day. He wanted to wait a few weeks to see what it would do on its own, but this seemed like a great time to drain it, while I'm in recovery mode anyway. I didn't want it extending the no-sex period. For a week or so I must try not to get it infected.

P&A, hilarious about the poop and the smile! What were you doing in white pants?

At the doctor's on Tues, I weighed about 5 lb over prepregnancy. That's pretty good. Yesterday I made it up to the attic, finally, and found a few pairs of jeans. (Where are all my comfy prepreg pants?) One of them, big on me before, fits today - barely. That makes this my first day in non-maternity clothes. I wear this postpartum belt all the time that hides my belly and holds it in. I look pretty good, I think, with a lot of help from the belt.

Routine? ha. We're on her schedule still. Thank goodness she does sleep at night, but not any particular times. Now it is 10, and we've been trying to put her down for almost two hours. Thank goodness DH is such a sweetheart with her. In the evenings, I feed her and he does almost everything else. (Sometimes I have to help him with the little clothes.)

At her 1-month ped appt today (actually 24 days), Evelyn weighed 11 lb 12 oz. That's a 2 lb gain in 2 weeks. Whoa! No wonder none of the diapers fit her. Seriously, she's outgrown 25 diapers already. Several others are tight. We're now doing a diaper load every day, or we run out. She wears a medium and she's not even a month old. Good grief.

Baby announcements... I'm thinking about sticking an insert into the thank-you cards from our wedding that I STILL haven't mailed!

Too tired to think of other interesting things.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page