September 2004 Moms - Happy April! Mobile babies in the near future! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Heather! That's exciting. BTW once I am feeling better, I will mail your catolog. I haven't forgotten. It is allergy central here and we are all feeling miserable.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#422 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 03:13 PM

Woo Heather. Wish I could give you better news on the PM box storage :LOL

Tristan is napping, yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah :

I got my new passport in the mail yesterday. Incredible how different I look 10 years older. 21 years old seems such a long ways away... but now we just have to get passports for jo and T and we can go freely to Canada and T's mamas can get hitched! Even if our marriage is not recognized in the US, it would be recognized in many countries in Europe, and Jo would like the legal rights that marriage provides if something horrible were to happen to me while we were abroad... whenever that may be in the future.

And who knows, maybe someday we'll move to Canada. It sure has been looking appealing lately, and I wouldn't have any trouble getting a job. Jo, on the other hand...

happy tuesdays,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#423 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Hello, all! We are all still alive here. I decided to take a week off because I had rehearsals every night last week. I don't beleive there have been 8 pages! Andrew just erased my whole post! It was 3 paragrahs long!
Oh well, too long anyway. In breif: the play I'm doing is called "Cheating Cheaters" -- it's some silly low brow dinner theatre thing. And I got sucked into doing it -- I was supposed to be directing a one act (I was going to do this fun little play by Chekov) but that fell through and I ended up acting in a full length play instead.
This last week ahs been hellish, because we perform on THurs, Fri, Sat. and so there have been rehearsals every day except this last Sun. And Andrew had to stay with 4 different people over 6 days and he's teething and was increasingly fussy because he was missing mom. I felt SO bad, and it was extra annoying because people kept saying things like "Oh, he has to learn to be away from his mom." and "it's harder for mom than for baby". And I'm thinking, "Really? Have you been home with my fussy clingy baby for the last week? :
Anyway, I am almost through, and I think it will be a few years before I do anything major in theatre. I think I"ll stick to quieter creative pursuits like writing and sewing for a while. WE are all better here, but Andrew is working on his two top teeth, which is terrible. I've found the highland's gel works well for him and he doens't mind it. Has anyone else had babies with runny noses while they were getting the top teeth, or does he also have a cold or allergies? Well, I'll read the last few pages and actually respond later.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#424 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls
but now we just have to get passports for jo and T and we can go freely to Canada and T's mamas can get hitched! Even if our marriage is not recognized in the US, it would be recognized in many countries in Europe, and Jo would like the legal rights that marriage provides if something horrible were to happen to me while we were abroad... whenever that may be in the future.

And who knows, maybe someday we'll move to Canada.

You'll have to tell us all about your trip and how your ceremony went! DH and I talk about moving to Canada about once day. We would seriously consider it if it was remotely possible with his job -- but his airline doesn't fly to Canada.

About CD: All of this info is so helpful to me. Thanks AugustineM for asking the question . This is my problem: I have one of those front-loading washing machines. It is a kenmore and I am totally unhappy with it. I have to pretreat all the kids clothes, and they still don't come out clean. I can't do any pre-wash or soak, and I can't select a water level (the machine does it for me depending on the size of the load). I am very concerned that I would never be able to the diapers clean. I constantly think about selling it and buying a new one, but I don't want to sadddle someone else with this lemon! It really does not clean clothes well at all. Does anyone have this kind of washing machine and use CD?
#425 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Tristan is napping, yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah :
Both boys are napping as well!

Quote:
I got my new passport in the mail yesterday. Incredible how different I look 10 years older. 21 years old seems such a long ways away... but now we just have to get passports for jo and T and we can go freely to Canada and T's mamas can get hitched! Even if our marriage is not recognized in the US, it would be recognized in many countries in Europe, and Jo would like the legal rights that marriage provides if something horrible were to happen to me while we were abroad... whenever that may be in the future.
Does this mean we get to send a wedding present your way in the near future? ;-)

I still have my passport from 1993. Of course it is expired but it is amazing to see how much I have changed since I was 18.

#426 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 04:27 PM

Zen, I've read others discussing front loading machines on the diaper forum. You should do a search there and see what comes up.

I've only tried cheap used AIOs from the TP, except for one Bumkins... But they don't always stay dry like they're supposed to. So I stick with pockets like Fuzzibunz and Ella's for overnight. One day mine will be perfected and I can recommend 2 Cute diapers as never=leak solutions. LOL. Now I've definitely got the Cute part down; I'm still working on the stay dry part. At least my fitteds work. I only made one AIO so far, and it's for an infant who's not born yet. So no feedback there.

I also tend to grab easy diapers that are one piece instead of having to snap and stuff all the parts together. I'm noticing that those fitteds take a lot longer to make than the pockets!
#427 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 04:46 PM

Savannah - yeah you just hit your 1000th post!!!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#428 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 06:09 PM

I just talked to a pretty good friend of mine with a 4 week old who is following Baby Wise (I'm unfamiliar) and is letting her son CIO already!!! And she said something like, "I don't know when Kate started sleeping through the night (UM, she hasn't...not even close! ) but this book will have Hunter sleeping through at 8 weeks.

My mainstream friends are really starting to beat me down. I'm sick of second guessing myself at every turn- solids, sleeping, pacis, etc. etc. I wish I could just let it breeze right past me. I mean, I don't take their advice, and I know I'm doing what's right for Kate, but for some reason it still upsets me when these things come up with my friends. I think it makes it worse that most of us have always seen eye to eye on most everything (being from the same backgrounds, definitely NOT AP) and now I'm always odd man out. It's sometimes so hard to be informed, ya know.
#429 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 06:19 PM

hey, that's cool, Mama Bear! I didn't even notice I was close, yippee!! What's my perk now? A sig thing on the side? I don't know anything about them.

Stacey, when Nicolas was a baby, lots of my church friends were doing Baby Wise. I liked that it encouraged the use of baby signs, but everything else about scheduling your baby I hated. I've never read the book, but I prefer to feed my babies and let them sleep when THEY show they need it, not on a 3-hour schedule. It certainly isn't very breastfeeding-friendly. Anyway, my dh and I used to call the people using Baby Wise the "Baby Wise Nazis". Sorry if that is too harsh for anyone here reading. But it was just a little joke between us. This was at the time when I was discovering Dr. Sears. A bit different. LOL.
#430 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 06:38 PM

I tried Baby Wise in the beginning (I didn't know better) and it was awful. I never let ds CIO - but the schedule crap was ridiciulous. My older sister did Baby Wise (she also ff) and to this day her son still wakes up from naps and sleep screaming and she "doesn't know why" - but I do...
Stacey - don't worry. Ds doesn't sleep through consistently. It may seem like they have it better - but trust me they don't. Your daughter will grow up loved, trusting and secure and you won't have any guilt about your choices. I truly believe that the 'mainstream' parenting leads to unresolved issues for both parent and child...

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#431 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
My mainstream friends are really starting to beat me down. I'm sick of second guessing myself at every turn- solids, sleeping, pacis, etc. etc. I wish I could just let it breeze right past me.
I totally know how you feel! I also am always second guessing myself mostly because I am doing things quite differently than most of my friends, though not all. I have one or two friends who cosleep happily and CD and sling and care for their babies instinctually rather than scheduling, etc. But it is hard when you're sort of the "odd woman out" and not surrounded by lots of supportive, good-advice-giving people. That's part of why MDC (and Dr. Sears!) are great. Also, I find it helps to read AP books and websites. They reassure me.

Can I just say I love this smilie?! Wonder if it means I have baby #2 on the mind....

Thanks for all the : suggestions. I'm going to try a little of everything until I see what I like the best. I ordered a set with some AIOs, some pocket diaps, and some just covers I think??

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#432 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 08:54 PM

Sleeping through the night?! There are babies out there that sleep longer than a 3-4 hour period?! Neither of our boys sleep longer than 3 hours straight, even Aidan. He gets up and gets a drink of water, goes potty, that sort of thing. Bryn has been taking these rediculously long naps the past few days though which is very strange to me.

Jen~ We get to find you a wedding gift? Just as long as we don't have to pay postage to Canada-just joking!

Something cool~ I got a pm this morning from a mom who saw my post last night to welcome a new Oregon mom. She lives right behind my house! We share the alley to be exact. We met this afternoon and took the boys for a walk. She hosts some AP get togethers and goes to the LLL meetings as well. I had met her a while back because her daughter and our son where in NICU together, but we didn't know that we were neighbors, even though her husband looked familiar. Then I saw her at a resale shop and I gave her my email for her to send me AP info but her messages went to the wrong address. Strange when you can be a next door neighbor but meet on-line.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#433 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 PM

Becca, that's wild! I'll bet your new friend will be the one to be amazed when she finds out you're the cleaning business featured recently on TV, LOL...
#434 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Babywise makes me :Puke

I read it before Christopher came along because our Lamaze teacher swore by it. Let's put it this way. Christopher was miserable, I was miserable and Grant was miserable. I tossed it and started feeding Christopher when he wanted to eat and before long I had a happy baby. BF on demand is much better!

Is there something in the water? David had two 2 1/2 hour naps today. It was wonderful! Nights have gone from waking up once to waking up 3 times. Tooth number one was a breeze. Tooth number two is a bear!

#435 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 PM

Savannah, are you making fun of the fact that I am famous? :LOL

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#436 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Babywise! Ack! Hiss! Spit! All 16 claws come out! I know someone who re-shelves it in science fiction in bookstores. Children will develop their own natural rhythms and its our job as parents to work with them. Tristan is on a schedule - but it's based on his rhythms and when he deviates, I am the one who has to give a little!

zen-ozz we have a front-loader - a Bosch - and we it. It gets our diapers so very, very clean. It cost a LOT but we put all of our wedding gift money into it. We have front-loaders up at camp - Frigidaire I think - that simply SUCK. They use so much water and don't even get the clothes clean. I can program our Bosch to run a prewash (cold with bac-out), then a hot or super-hot wash with Bio-Kleen, then an extra rinse and 97 minutes later, our dipes come out superduper clean. I think I would not be as interested in CDing if I had to run down and manually start extra washes and rinses, and if I knew i was using as much water as top-loaders do. As it is we use approx 10 gallons per wash.

Our Hanna shopping trip went GREAT... Tristan was such a good boy. I went with my doula which is hilarious, I think, because she doesn't have kids and probably won't have kids for another few years... but she loves going kid shopping!

We don't have set plans for the wedding in Canada, it will probably be a short-notice, informal thing (like when we go to Detroit to visit my sister, we will probably drive over the border to Windsor and find a justice of the peace).

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#437 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:37 PM

Hi everybody!

Babywise has led too many babies to FTT, from what I've heard. It can be dangerous. Besides, if you're at all in tune with your babe, you need to fill their needs (eating, sleeping, loving) or you just won't be happy. Happy baby = happy mom, around here, even if it = happy tired mom! LOL!

Reid has been sleeping HORRIBLY for days, and now I know why.

It wasn't teething.

HE WALKED TODAY!!!!

He's been cruising for ages now (over a month) and today he was standing, and oldest dd was holding out the wiggly giggly ball, and he took two steps toward her and sat down. Then, I SCREAMED and shocked poor li'l guy. He knew it was ok when I picked him up and cheered and danced around and daddy came out to see, etc. So, I had dd hold the ball out again, stood him up there, and he took two steps, paused, took two more steps, grabbed the ball, and sat down.

And he won't be 8 months for another week. Goddess help me, I've got a looooong toddlerhood ahead.
#438 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:43 PM

Plantmommy, wow! That's amazing.

What is FTT??

Jen, I just finished cutting out cute pink tie dye terry fabric for Estella's diaper. You still want it, right? Does she still fit into mediums, LOL? Did you say you think I could put either her name or a star on the butt, or would Mommy not like that?
#439 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:50 PM

FTT = failure to thrive.

I'm astounded, myself. I could see that he had the physical skills and strength, but!!!
Now he makes older ds, who walked the week before he turned 10 months, look like a slow-poke! YIKES!

Although my father in law (an MD) explained that the potty muscles all start developing when they learn to walk, so maybe he'll learn to use a potty earlier. hahah! That makes sense to me, as older dd walked at 14 months and wasn't using the potty until almost 3, and younger dd and older ds who both walked at 9-10 months both trained themselves at 2. (I don't go in much for "potty training" - they just decide on their own, and I help if they ask...)
#440 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy
HE WALKED TODAY!!!!
Yes, I would say a very long time ahead of you, but congrats! Tiger Woods walked when he was 6 months, maybe, just maybe, it's a sign of things to come?

Jen, How much How much How much?!?! PM me woman so I can send some $$ your way!

#441 of 507 Old 04-26-2005, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woohoo, more senior members! Congrats, Savannah!

I don't know why it's so cool to finally hit that 1000th post and go senior. I guess it's proof that we really ARE addicted to MDC. :LOL

As for PMs, I was sorely disappointed to find no increase in alottment with Senior Member status! Agh! I did finally find the spot to purchase more space, though. I looked several times before I figured it out - it's call "PPP" under your user CP:edit paid something-or-another... For $15 I have 6 months of 500 PMs, avatar, personal pic, and senior title editing. You can do 3 months for $9, too, I think. Anyhow, not all I could have hoped for, but it works! So now I'm PMing with reckless abandon. :LOL

I knew people who used to swear by Baby Wise... My church even had related books for sale and classes (I think it was Child Wise, but I'm not sure - something for older kids). But that all stopped, and they don't endorse Ezzo any more. I do have a copy of the book but never read all the way through it. The first part I read seemed fairly moderate, but I didn't get into the actual "techniques." I did start giving all my new mama friends copies of Pantley's "No-Cry Sleep Solution," though.

OKay, it's been hours now... we've tried to nap and gotten out of the house, gone grocery shopping, etc... and I never did finish this.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#442 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:16 AM

Plantmommy, how exciting!!! Wow, early walker! Who's next, ladies? Raney's getting there, but she's got a little while yet (I hope :LOL)

Jen - you'll have to give us a heads up when you head for the border I'll throw rice from Ohio. :LOL A very close friend of mine and her partner live in Michigan (Ann Arbor). They have atrocious adoption laws there for same sex parents. It's really making it hard for her to think about having kids. She throws the idea of Canada around, too.

Stacey, It's so hard to know if you're doing things right - especially when it seems like everyone around seems to be in opposition to you. Just trust your gut and know that humans have been parenting the way we are trying to parent for millenia. Hey - I just noticed - your little one and my oldest share the same birthday!

Night all!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#443 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson
Congratulations Heather! That's exciting. BTW once I am feeling better, I will mail your catolog. I haven't forgotten. It is allergy central here and we are all feeling miserable.
No problem! I hope you're all feeling better soon! I really don't need to be tempted to buy any more right now, anyway. :LOL

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#444 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmommy
HE WALKED TODAY!!!!

He's been cruising for ages now (over a month) and today he was standing, and oldest dd was holding out the wiggly giggly ball, and he took two steps toward her and sat down. Then, I SCREAMED and shocked poor li'l guy. He knew it was ok when I picked him up and cheered and danced around and daddy came out to see, etc. So, I had dd hold the ball out again, stood him up there, and he took two steps, paused, took two more steps, grabbed the ball, and sat down.

And he won't be 8 months for another week. Goddess help me, I've got a looooong toddlerhood ahead.

That's exciting - Robin is crawling and starting to cruise - I share that sense, on the one hand, of being proud and excited and, on th eother, fearing what comes next. I know Robin will be walking soon, and I'm so scared of how mobile she'll be without understanding "don't...play in the litter box, splash in the toilet, dig through the diaper basket, etc." These are already her favorite destinations, and I can barely catch up to her now. When she's running after them....trouble's a-coming

We moved right after Robin was born (three days old) into hell, i mean my in-laws house, then into our new house about 2.5 months ago - so much transition, we haven't even unpacked, much less "child-proofed". It's becoming essential. Robin's newest tricks including climbing up and over things (standing up on her baby rocking chair, climbing over the pillow forts my dh builds for her) and opening cabinet doors and drawers. Gotta get those safety latches installed!
#445 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Zen, I've read others discussing front loading machines on the diaper forum. You should do a search there and see what comes up.
! I'll check that out.

Jen -- I am so annoyed that we got the Kenmore front-loader! Sheesh! I was just trying to save money *and* water, and now I have dirty clothes! We are going to be buying a house, hopefully in the fall, and I think I will try to get rid of it at that point. I'll definitely be looking into that Bosch!
#446 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:57 AM

Wow! I can't believe he walked!! : That's amazing, exciting, and scary all at once! :LOL

Iain is making good progress towards crawling...err, waking right now... Okay, we're back.

He wanted to get my cell phone earlier, and so propelled himself forward multiple times. He's also liking to pull himself up when he's holding my fingers, but he hasn't tried it much holding onto other things, and doesn't balance himself well enough to stand without my help yet.

Gabriel was walking, with our hands, very well by his first Thanksgiving... that was 8 months+ a bit. So I'm waiting to see if Iain will do the same! Of course, Gabriel didn't walk alone until exactly 1 year. It was nice to have him understand "no" and such before he walked!

Well, DH is on his way home... our house got inspected today and OH MY! I can't believe how many things they say need to be fixed. : My lovely bathtub has a crack in it - so it will need to be replaced, as well as the surrounds. Good part of that is, I get a brand new tub. Bad part, we have to negotiate who pays for it. Not to mention the other little things here and there, that will all add up. And, knowing they exist, I'd want them ALL fixed before we move in. Some are fire hazards, others water/moisture seepage, etc. Ugh. If it weren't $1000 more per month, I'd build new!! :

Well, better try to get the house in good shape for DH's return... As it is, I'm afraid he'll turn around and run! :LOL

ETA: Jen, tell me about the Bosch! I'm considering a new machine at the new house, but I want one that I'm not limited by. I hear of ones where you can't wash on hot in cycles that use the most water (rinse best), etc., etc. - preprogrammed with lots of limitations! I'd like to be able to tell it exactly what I want, and I'm not sure most FLs allow that.

#447 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
My mainstream friends are really starting to beat me down. I'm sick of second guessing myself at every turn- solids, sleeping, pacis, etc. etc. I wish I could just let it breeze right past me. I mean, I don't take their advice, and I know I'm doing what's right for Kate, but for some reason it still upsets me when these things come up with my friends. I think it makes it worse that most of us have always seen eye to eye on most everything (being from the same backgrounds, definitely NOT AP) and now I'm always odd man out. It's sometimes so hard to be informed, ya know.
That sucks...Would it make any difference if they had more information and exposure to the "experts" who endorse your parenting choices? My friend's MIL is very negative and critical about her bf and ap choices, and she always backs herself up by saying it's what her pediatrician, the pediactricians' assoc., a parenting book, experts, etc. recommend (even if it's not true ). It has worked for her to reduce criticism, but I guess your friends probably have their own sources pressuring them to be more "mainstream." Next baby shower you go to, give the gift of "The Baby Book" - convert 'em to your side And, of course, know in your heart that your instincts are right.

My SIL is also a very close friend and much more mainstream than me, and I often feel that I put too much pressure on her, or that she feels judged for her choices. He youngest and my DD are three days apart, so we're parenting side-by-side, yet differently. I CD, BF, make all Robin's food myself, and the loose schedule we have is what RObin has set (thank god it includes a 9 pm bedtime - her choice). My SIL would like to do these things, but she's a nurse - very into being able to measure/quantify/schedule/medicate to solve all ills - and gets stressed out about the loosy-goosy ways of a more natural path. And if her baby fusses a bit, it must be b/c BFing doesn't work, or the CD, etc., so she changes it. SHe just switched to formula a few weeks ago - she HATED bf'ing, and she told me that she stuck it out this long partly b/c I was doing it with her. I'm glad I can support her in positive ways, but I don't want to cause any undue stress or pressure (when it comes down to it, I think it's better for her kids to have a happy, sane mom who formula feeds, than a stressed out, miserable bf'ing mom - but I would rather her to enjoy bf'ing and not stress over schedules, etc.) I just hope she's not venting to somebody else about me wearing her down or second-guessing her.

We're planning a baby food-making event next week - I'm going tothe farmer's market this weekend to buy fruits, veggies, and grains. THen, we're going to cook, freeze, grind grains, etc. - It'll be her first significant step away from jarred food. I hope she's doing it b/c she wants to , and not out of guilt...
#448 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 01:13 AM

Plantmommy -- Congrats to Reid! How exciting! That's really interesting about the connection between the potty muscles and learning to walk. Chloë also started walking when she was 7 mo. and she was completely potty trained by 21 mo (she took an interest and decided she wanted big kid undies).
#449 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 02:27 AM

Plantmommy, that's amazing!
Bendmom, crazy serendipity on the neighbours thing!

Baby wise! I looked into it a bit ont he net and some sites were saying that in exclusively BF babies it's dangerous becuase it can lead to dehydration! I asked my sister who has 6 kids about it and she said she thought it was ridiculous, that babies did what they did. And my other sis (who now has 4 well adjusted adult children who sleep through the night) used to get up every hour for something when she had 4 kids under 5 -- hugs, drinks, diaper changes, nursing, etc.
I do know what you mean about other friends getting you down. I just talked to my friend in New Brunswick (the one who came to visit) and she just started training her baby to sleep through the night as based on the BAby Whisperer book. And when I told her I had to hurry home after play rehearsals to feed Andrew she said "haven't you given him on formula yet?". To which I felt like saying, "um, he's not every going to have forumla." But since she said the LLL were "breast nazis" I don't think there's any point.
My other thought about Baby Wise: some of my friends did it with their kids, and all their children were very calm, but seemed to have this slightly trodden down look about them. IT kind of made me sad -- like all thier individuality and creative spark had been scheduled out of them. And I made that observation WAY before I was even thinking of having kids or had discovered AP.
DH says it is all part of the overemphasis on the individual's rights over the responsibility to the family unit. Yes, he does actually talk like that.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#450 of 507 Old 04-27-2005, 08:07 AM

Becca, too funny that you mentioned toilet splashing, because that was the 2nd big milestone he hit yesterday! Yup, he did! Yuck. I didn't think he was tall enough to manage that yet. I thought wrong.

Jen, how could I forget to say CONGRATS!

Jill, I used to be a LLL leader... I hate to say it, but I agree that some of the leaders can be "breast nazis". I wish they weren't, and certainly not all are, but when I hear someone say that, it makes me sad because in a few cases it's true, and mamas have had their feelings hurt by them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page