September 2004 Moms - Happy April! Mobile babies in the near future! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figured I would get this started. It is raining here in NC for the first day of April. I was hoping to take the boys to the park. Both of them sleep better when they have had some time outside.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Raining here in Seattle too. (Surprised?)

Had a good night last night and feel rested today. Thor's become fascinated with tags on everything -- his toys, my clothes. He studies them intently, and tries to pull them off. The beginning of fascination with small objects on the carpet, I'm sure!

Happy April Fool's everyone!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#3 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 12:43 PM

Rabbit, rabbit! (Is that what you do/say?)
Anyway, Arowen is a really great sitter now. She can also roll both ways.
As for food, she really isn't interested in baby mush. She gags and spits and makes funny faces. She does, however, like Farley's biscuits. They are cereal bar cookies made for babies. They don't seem to break apart when she chews on them, and they do soften easily when wet from her sucking on them.
She'll be 7 months old tomorrow.
I've been wearing her on my back a lot this last month. (I've had to carry 34 month old Mika on my back too. After her, Arowen seems down right light. I'm getting good at the wrap, doing lots of experimenting. Like my homemade Podaegi and ABC too.)
Arowen is about 15 pounds. She's a sweet, happy girl, loved by all her siblings and her parents. She's taken an interest in Daddy, and loves for him to hold her when he comes home.
I got AF back just after A turned 6 months old.
Arowen has 2 bottom teeth.
We've had a flu going through our house. Four kids have had it. Arowen and I have been healthy though thank goodness.
#4 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 12:52 PM

Happy April everyone! Bryn is not yet mobile, but can now sit up on his own for a while. I have reduced his amount of solids to every other day. It is just to messy because he hates bibs and I'm not so fond of the food flinging! Also, just when I was so worried about my milk supply, I seem to have more than enough the last two days. Maybe reverse, reverse psychology? Yesterday the weather was warm, but Bryn slept all aftrnoon so I didn't get out, but now it is supposed to get cold and rainy. Fun. Hans leaves this morning for 10 days and I am stoked to be stuck in the house with a bad forcast for the next 10 days. At least I have fluff coming in the mail. That's something to look foward to, right?

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#5 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardermom
She does, however, like Farley's biscuits. They are cereal bar cookies made for babies. They don't seem to break apart when she chews on them, and they do soften easily when wet from her sucking on them.
Where do you get those? I mean are they all natural and something you can get at a natural foods store? I went to Fred Meyer and all they had were Gerber toast and it said to wait until babe is 9 months or crawling to give it to them. But it would be nice to replace my finger as the chew toy!

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#6 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 01:22 PM

My baby turns FOUR today! He's an April Fool's kiddo, and when we called to announce his arrival four years ago at 3 in the morning, nobody believed us and thought we were playing a practical joke. He's been so excited about this day, and now it's finally here. I made him a "Gordon, the #4 Engine" cake just like he wanted and he got to open presents up first thing this morning. He's a very happy guy and can't wait to eat that cake later on today.

Jackson is getting into everything!!!! He's pulling himself up to his knees all the time now and reaching things that we didn't think he could. We're doing some heavy spring cleaning this weekend along with making sure all the child safety stuff is done.

I have pictures to share!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#7 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 04:03 PM

Zeke is seven months today! But what a crab! He was up at 6 am e don't do mornings in this house, so I am exhausted. So are Owen and Zoey. I had them up for their naps at 10:45 -- usually it is 1-3. I guess Zeke is teething and I'm just wishing they would pop through already!

Today's the day I am going to try to get Owen and Zoey into their own beds. They have been hinting that they are ready so I am off to buy bed rails and give it a try. My husband is heartbroken, but I am secretly gleeful : . Five people in a king and twin pushed together has been a bit much for me. Crossing my fingers that they really are ready!

Zeke has been in the Ergo backpack a lot lately because he just won't let me put him down and I can't get anything done. He wont even sit next to me on the floor! I have to have him in my lap or hold him while walking.

MamaAcorn, great cake and very cute babes! I am making Zoey a Blues Clues cake for her third B-day on Sunday.
#8 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 04:13 PM

We have a tooth!!! Seems like this week alot of our babes decide to get teeth!!! :LOL
It's not visibly obvious, but I can feel it with my finger. So now I now why he's been SO cranky. On a good note though - his spitting up has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. And, I have been adding more foods to my diet, so I think his sensitivities have begun to subside. Yeah!!!

It's raining here in Georgia too. Actually it just stopped, but its still all cloudy. Yuck...April showers bring May flowers, right?...

So, I was just at the grocery store and had ds with me. I had him in a sweatshirt that had sports stuff all over it and a guy says to me "Oh what a beautiful girl!" I politely said "He's a boy" and the guy apologizes and says that he's quite a beautiful boy. I get that alot though b/c he has such pretty blue eyes and LONG eyelashes, so i guess he looks girlie? But I had sports things on him and he was in blue pants...oh well.... I try...

Happy April Mamas!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#9 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 04:32 PM

subscribing...

no time to post, but did see Heather's post (I think that's right) about 20 moms at a sling party. How cool is that!?! Did you have some mainstream mommies there, too? I can't even imagine finding 20 gals around here who sling...

off to sew while babies sleep...
#10 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 04:57 PM

Subscribing...

cute pics, Pam! What kind of sling is that?
#11 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
subscribing...

no time to post, but did see Heather's post (I think that's right) about 20 moms at a sling party. How cool is that!?! Did you have some mainstream mommies there, too? I can't even imagine finding 20 gals around here who sling...

off to sew while babies sleep...
We did have some mainstream mommas there so the rest of us are hoping that our AP ways rub off on them. It is a start!

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#12 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 05:48 PM

Pam - how did you make that cake? Jack would FREAK!
#13 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 PM

Lulu's definately mobile. But she crawls BACKWARDS only!! She'll be seven months old in a couple of days.

She's got two teeth on the bottem and one popping up on top. She rises with the sun (5:30 am) while poor night owl mama tries to coax her back to sleep until at least 7 am. She nurses in her sleep one - two times a night, which seems normal for a co-sleeping breastfeeding babe. But I never completely sleep, always on some kind of hyper alert.

Her real love seems to be socializing. I have to get her out every day to interact otherwise she's just a handful. She is so outgoing and calm with new people, and absorbed by the busy scenes in people's homes and in stores.

I've got a solid 15 lbs to lose so this week began a one or more hour a day walking regime with Lulu. I can't diet, I am SO hungry all the time. Besides, I hate wasting brain space on "dieting."

I am just loving the days with Lulu. In contrast, for me the early weeks were hard when I didn't know her or how to comfort her. I find this sparkly, interactive, laughing baby so engaging and delightful to be with. It's rare now that the days crawl by like they used to when she was a month or two old. I think springtime in the northeast is helping out. Snow begone already!

Lulu takes one big nap a day with a few doze offs in the car. The nap is whenever it can happen, because are days are not rigidly schedualed. Today I went for a walk with Lulu and a friend, then straight to a mom's group. Lulu was wired for all of it (so many people and sites!!) so was exhausted and is just now (3 pm) getting her real nap. She'll be down for at least a couple of hours.

She's not so interested in nursing any more. Life is too fascinating for her. It's only at night and in the early a.m. that I can really get her to nurse completely.

Lulu's finally (it has been such a nightmare!!) slowing down in the upchuck department. We would go through 20-30 bibs a day. Now we're under 10. Halleuia! Hopefully, her weight gain will be better this month. She's a long (I can almost say "tall " because she does like to stand with help) and thin one.

I'm just loving these days and contemplating baby # 2.

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#14 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 06:11 PM

The sling is a Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch. I love it and as the weather gets warmer here, I'm realizing the need to get a cotton one.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics of the boys and the cake.

The cake was fairly easy to do. It's a 9 x 13 cake cut into thirds long ways and stacked up. I estimated and cut the tender and attempted to scoot it away (dh made devil's food cake and it was crumbly). I estimated the cab and basically cut at a diagonal from that point to the end to make the roundness of the body. The icing is one batch of Wilton's cream cheese icing recipe. Colors I used were black, yellow, red, and sky blue. I used Alex's wooden Gordon as the model and went to town on the icing. For the wheels and face, I used two different size round cookie cutters and cut them out of graham crackers. I frosted the wheels and stuck them on. I decorated the face out of the larger cut-out graham cracker (in case I screwed up the face, all I had to do was cut out another circle and try again). When I was happy with the face, I let it harden a bit in the fridge before sticking it on the front with icing.

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#15 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 06:18 PM

You rock, mama!
#16 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 06:40 PM

Savannah - remember when you were wondering about storing wool? Scroll down and look at these sachets
http://www.hugadubdub.com/store/index.asp?one=15
I might get some...
#17 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 PM

I have pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...de%3Dtrue&Ux=0

I want to put them in my siggie and rename it as Kate...how do you guys do that? I tried, but it didn't work..
#18 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Hi September Mamas!

Mama Acorn, Love the photos and the cake. Your family is beautiful.
I have two of the fleece pouches, and love them...when it is cool enough to use them.

MamaBear, Buns is getting two bottom teeth too. Very fussy the last few days...makes it hard to do anything at all. I get "what a cute boy" a lot. Even when she is in her pink with a big faux fur collar sweater. I used to take it personally, now I don't care.

Zen-Ozz, I feel your sleep deprevation. It has been a rough week over here. I broke down and really cried on Wed. and felt a lot better after. DH gave me a beautiful card and said how lucky Buns is to have me at home with her all day and what a great Mom I am. I needed it, I was feeling pretty low. Not a lot of sleep and then some other issues.

Catskill-I too need to lose some weight, and can't/won't diet. I am waaaay too hungry, and I love what you said about dieting and wasting brain space. I agree. Buns nuses at least three times during the night/early morning so I don't get alot of sleep and her naps are never long enough for me to get anything done. She is like a cat.....little naps, nothing long though.

Buns will be 7 months on Monday. She doesn't sit on her own yet, but I think it is because I didn't force the tummy time, she hates it and I just can't bring myself to force her to lay there and scream. So I prop her up and she is getting stronger.

She is about 20 pounds and 28" long. I wear her usuallly in the Mei Tai carrier, but looking to get a wrap or ???

AF still hasn't made an appearance and for that I am thankful.

We haven't been sick at all. Buns hasn't had a cold, ear infection..nada. I know that I will eventually have to deal with all that, but so far so good.

I thought she would be doing a lot more by now, but she seems to want to be held almost all the time. At least once a day, usually more, either me or DH lays on the ground with her, tries the tummy (that usually doesn't last long), plays with her. She rolls over, and kicks and smacks things. She will hold things, but doesn't seem that interested in most toys. She really likes to be read too and held, and going for walks. She is sort of a serious baby, me and DH can make her laugh and smile, but if anyone else tries, she just looks at them like WTH?

Buns doesn't seem to like going to other people's homes, she is much more herself at our house, and is fine in the car, and for short periods at restaurants etc...we went to the library this week and she slept through most of that, and yesterday I nursed her at this coffee shop and she fell asleep and was fine, but for the most part it seems like she gets fussy if we go anywhere longer than an hour or so.

Have a great weekend Mamas!
#19 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
Where do you get those? I mean are they all natural and something you can get at a natural foods store? I went to Fred Meyer and all they had were Gerber toast and it said to wait until babe is 9 months or crawling to give it to them. But it would be nice to replace my finger as the chew toy!
They are available at grocery stores here in Canada.
#20 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAcorn
My baby turns FOUR today! He's an April Fool's kiddo, and when we called to announce his arrival four years ago at 3 in the morning, nobody believed us and thought we were playing a practical joke. He's been so excited about this day, and now it's finally here. I made him a "Gordon, the #4 Engine" cake just like he wanted and he got to open presents up first thing this morning. He's a very happy guy and can't wait to eat that cake later on today.

Jackson is getting into everything!!!! He's pulling himself up to his knees all the time now and reaching things that we didn't think he could. We're doing some heavy spring cleaning this weekend along with making sure all the child safety stuff is done.

I have pictures to share!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Pam
Hey Pam, cool cake! I made a Thomas one last year for Liam's 4th birthday.

I have a friend who has an April fool's child too. She had the same problem with people not believine them when they told them that he had been born.
#21 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom
I have pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...de%3Dtrue&Ux=0

I want to put them in my siggie and rename it as Kate...how do you guys do that? I tried, but it didn't work..

Kate is gorgeous!!!
#22 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom
OK, I don't know if you all are already feeding your babies wheat (we're not, but I'm sure it's around the corner)... but I learned this trick from a mom at my school: if you have a natural bakery around, find out if they make dog biscuits. No, I'm not kidding. They're usually just super-baked bread with a bit less sugar in them. She used to give them to her daughter when her daughter was teething and her daughter loved 'em.

Pam I've come to the same realization about my kangaroo korner. I think I will be ordering a solarveil pouch from her.

Stacey when you go to your user control panel and edit signature, click on the little icon above the window that looks like a globe with a staple in front of it. It will ask you what text you want, for that you enter "Kate" (without the quotes), then it will ask you the URL and you enter your link. Voila!

To all of the Catholics, peace be with you as the pope passes on (at least that's what the Drs say is happening).

There are new Tristan pictures, see sig: 3rd row of pg 18 and on! Fun with a box, thinking he wants mama's beer (DON'T WORRY, it was empty and NA anyway!!!), mama love, reading the paper, flirty boy in striped socks, fun with mashed banana, trying out his Stokke chair for the first time, playtime, eating toes, modeling his new hat, showing off his new trick of removing hats (thanks, Jo, for teaching him that one ), and naked time pics!

Liz, you are so positive and upbeat. I think that spring having mostly arrived here is definitely helping our moods. Tristan sleeps better the more he is outside so we're trying for 2 walks a day, one for sure. Lulu is lucky to have a mom who enjoys her so much.

Be well all,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#23 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 09:00 PM

I'm glad things are going well with every one! Great Pictures and all the babies are gorgeous!

Julian is doing well! He isn't quite mobile yet, but he is trying to do the army crawl. He rolls both ways and sits very well. He now weighs 23 pounds 11 ounces and is 27 inches long! He is a big boy.. I took him today for his six month well baby and the doctor said everything looks great. I took him in a snappied prefold covered w/ wool and it was so funny because the doctor couldn't figure out how to get it unsnappied

We also started solids and he is doing okay with them. He doesn't love them, but doesn't hate them either. He is like that with most things though. He is so easy going. His first tooth also popped through this week! I can't see it, but I can feel it. I knew it was coming as he has been abnormally cranky the last week.

He also went to the park and on his first extended walk this week. He loved both and I am loving our kozy carrier : I am taking him tomorrow to get his six month pictures taken.

I'm hoping to keep up with the thread this month. Somehow I always get behind
#24 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 11:30 PM

Wow, I haven't written here for a long time!
My little guy is an rambunctious as ever! He's trying to crawl and is getting really good at climbing all over things. He's still really fussy and high maintenance but is also really enjoying the world. I try to get him out once a day after his morning nap because we have generally about two hours before he gets fussy again.
He only naps in the Ergo now. It's hard to get anything done and I so wish I could put him down, but so far he won't have it. I swear I have the fussiest baby that there ever was!

It's so fun to look at all the pictures and hear about what all the babies are doing.

Hope everyone's enjoying the spring- finally getting these babies out into the sunshine!
#25 of 507 Old 04-01-2005, 11:51 PM

subscribing.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#26 of 507 Old 04-02-2005, 01:22 AM

Hi guys!
We closed on our house today! Desi peed in the potty there and at the lending company. I haven't done EC in a long time and started up again.
We're still at the apartment though. We're moving our things tomorrow. We didn't get the keys until 4 and we attempted to paint but did a krummy job and so we're hiring help. Luckily our friend owns his own business so he'll give us a good deal.
Pam you have beautiful children and the cake is beautiful. That sounds hard to make still.
Stacey~ Kate is beautiful! She is sitting so pretty!
No teeth here. Lots of fussiness.
Soilds: Just started. Not doing it everyday. More like every few days or whenever we're eating and she is begging for food. So far she has only had banannas and avacados.
LOL about Lulu crawling backwards. I hear that is a sign of intelligence.
Very sad day about the Pope dying.
#27 of 507 Old 04-02-2005, 01:42 AM

Kate is sooooooo cute, and looks quite grown already, doesn't she??? I love her little outfits and head gear.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh.... Figuring out how to stack and pin the layers of this AIO diaper so that I can turn and topstitch instead of serge is FRYING MY BRAIN...

Off to try again
#28 of 507 Old 04-02-2005, 03:07 AM

Hello! Spring is continuing to happen! But I was thwarted by the wind today when we tried to go for a walk. It was a crazy prairie (sp?) wind that kept blowing the cover off the jogging stroller. I can't walk ds in a sling yet becuase it's still too chilly. : If he gets a gust of wind in the face he can't catch his breath, which makes me nervous. So we didn't get a walk in today. I was hoping to go and check out the library. I don't get the car much, and it's been winter ever since Andrew stopped screaming whenever we were out somewhere. BUt there will be time, there will be time.

I ordered some FuzziBuns today. I lurked at the TP for a couple of days, but there were only people LOOKING for fuzzibuns. and I don't want to get a pay pal account because it would be way to tempting to start spending money . Also by the time I pay for shipping to Canada and exchange it's not that much cheaper. So I ordered a 6 pak from JamTots. They were the best price I could find and shipped free to Canada, so I'm pretty excited. IT's my first forray into non-prefolds.

Andrew is sitting and stretching forwards to grab things a lot, but when he tips onto his tummy he gets really frustrated because he can't reach what he wants. Still no mobility. He has figured out how to turn his forward lunge momentum into a full roll onto his back, though. I think this would make him happy if it didn't irritate his plugged nose. He LOVES standing, though. He would do it all day. I hold him up to our coffee "table" and he grabs onto it and stands there, and then he lets go with one hand and turns to look inthat direction, then goes the other way. He's attempted to cruise, but he still falls over most of the time. And while he's doing it he loves to "ga". IT's very cute.

Those pics of Kate make me want to have another baby so I can have a girl and put cute headbands and dresses on her. Very against my nature, but I guess that's what Moming does to one.
CatSkillMama, I agree -- I'm finding this age way more fun that the little newborn stage. I think newborns are like weddings -- other people's are way more fun than your own.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#29 of 507 Old 04-02-2005, 03:13 AM

Happy birthing day to you, Pam, and happy birthday to Alex! That cake is amazing, and your boys are just so cute!

Leomom -- Kate is SO cute! And I'm guessing you like Gymboree, I Gymboree so I recognize some of those clothes.

Veganbaby -- Congrats on the house, that's so exciting!

Let's see what's going on here...oh yeah, my ceiling caved in! Um yeah, we have been having leak problems at our house, we told the owner of the house, she sent her not-so-great "handyperson" over here to fix it (a few times) and it didn't work. So about a week ago there was a big crack in the ceiling and it was drooping a bit. So I told the owner about it and how it will probably collapse and it's in our bedroom partly over our bed (our family bed, I might add) and it's urgent that it's fixed so that it doesn't fall on any of us. So she seems concerned, but NEVER CALLS ANYONE!! So yesterday I see her again and I say that it's drooping really badly and looks like it's going to fall any day now. She says she wants to wait for 3 weeks, when she is fixing up our neighbors house (they are moving). I told her it was going to fall down before that and I was really nervous about the safety of my babies. Can you tell she is very cheap yet? So she doesn't do anything...again. Today I was checking it out and it was even worse. So I decide that LaRue can't nap in there today so I put her in the pouch to nap. I call up my partner and I'm telling him that the ceiling is most likely going to fall in the next few hours when BOOM...the ceiling falls! Thank gawd I decided not to nurse LaRue to sleep in there because I would have been nursing her when it fell down and it would have fallen partly on us! The owner is not being very cooperative about fixing it, even though we have a HUGE hole in our ceiling. She says some plastic stuck up there will be helpful. She says she is going to call a roofer to fix it, but who knows. Her not-so-handy handyperson came over tonight and I'm hoping that she doesn't think he is going to fix it when really it's his fault that this whole thing happened since he never was able to fix the leak. Oh my lord, so stressful. So now our bed is moved into the playroom. I guess this is what we get for renting a big house in a very expensive area for VERY cheap. One bedroom apartments that are about 600 sq ft are more expensive than our 3 bedroom house. At least we got that going for us when we have a hole in our ceiling.

But a positive is that I got 3 orders for pouches today, yay!
#30 of 507 Old 04-02-2005, 03:22 AM

Hello all:

I think I have finally figured out how to show you pictures of my Lucy (the "other" Lucy here).

She is sitting, rolling, but not showing much interest in crawling yet. She is not thrilled about solid food so we are proceeding a little more slowly than I had planned. I am having so much fun with her these days -- she clearly understands various words ("nose," "bear," "book," "dog"), she can finally play with a little autonomy now that she can sit easily, and she is loving life ...

Happy April!

Lisa

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page