January Babylicious April Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yeah -duh. I wanted to ask : my left nipple is SOOOO sore! No red bumps, streaks, nothing. Looks ok, but it feels bruised (it feels like when I pinch on a bruise or a blister or soemthing, but I don't see anything there!) and latching on is excruciating! Also, it doens't get a lot better, even after he's on, which it always did with thrush, yk, got better after he was on for a bit. But this doesn't. Any ideas???

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#302 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 AM

HB: glad iris is ok!

Happy Birthday Andy! Sorry, I can't offer any advice on the breast thing, but it sure doesn't sound like a good time.

And thanks for the tax tip, gonna check it out.

We've had a fun weekend with picking ticks off us, I guess it's that time of year, and we're in the country now.

Teething: dd1 started at 2-3 months, but her first tooth came out at 7 mos.
#303 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 AM

Mornin' Mamas!

Heidi to you! Oh, I can imagine that scenario... it's all too easy to happen! I'm so glad that Iris is fine ~ tough kiddo! My first DD fell from the couch when she was 5 months old, and I felt SO awful. She made it through another 2 1/2 years, and so have I so don't fear, Mama! I know that I leave Brynn unstrapped from time to time, so this serves as a good reminder to me... must.do.up.straps... Enjoy Iris' Blessing today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Being
I don't feel like it's "prying" if it's on-line- I only post what iwant t oshare and always guess others do the same.
Oh, for sure! I feel the same way. No worries about prying, Andy! I have a few favorite blogs that I read all the time, and I love to blog. Actually, I have a journal that I started online when Tess was 4 months old that I still keep up. I password protected it a short time ago, but if any of you want access just PM me It's more detailed & picture-happy than my blog.

Andy, Happy Belated Birthday lady!! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing night (until bedtime, that is...) That's so great that you're making nursing necklaces! I realized after posting y'day the history behind the question "what is a nursing necklace", and I felt like a toad for responding with a link to other necklaces... I guess I need to start reading more carefully! oops, sorry mama! open mouth... insert foot... :

Nicole, Yay for Will! All of these babes rolling already?? sigh.... where have our newborns gone?

Ann, wow you've been through the ringer! I hope you're feeling MUCH better, and very soon! Thanks, about the soaker... yup, it's a tiny birds. I know not how to crochet, so I'm not sure how I'll finish up the legs... oh well, doesn't stop me from trying! We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

catnip - YAY YAY YAY on the milk! Good going, Mama!

On teething ~ yeah, Brynn's also gnawing away on knuckles. She has what looks like a small white blister on her lower gumline, so I was wondering if she'd get a tooth soon. Of course her sister also began gnawing/drooling at about 2 months and didnt' get her first tooth until she was 8 months old ! So who knows?

Taxes.... YUCK, all around! Being "aliens", we had quite the complicated return to complete. DH had online software provided through work, but it didn't help that much because it wasn't set up to include moving expense deductions and stuff like that. So poor fella ended up doing it all by hand, and got it in just under the wire. Oh, more fun news? We get to do all this AGAIN in 2 weeks when the Canadian tax deadline comes along! Joy.

hmmm... I had more that I wanted to say, but my DD just peed on the floor beside my chair. Kind of killed my train of thought...

later!
#304 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Heidi - ouch! I guess I need to let dh read that, he just walked over to the table, put Lauren on the bouncy (on the sheepskin) and walked away. Maybe I should make a slit in the skin to put the straps through or something.

Laura - I'll look and see, and pm you too! The bigger sizes (6-7-8) were easy because I sorted them to one side, but dh mixed up the little ones worse than the big ones, and Lauren hasn't given me much of a break to finish.

Andy- I think I got the right message... Nicole, did yours make sense?

Dyes - I got the "basic t-shirt kit" or something from Dharma trading co. It's the same stuff I used in my fiber arts classes that I took 10 years ago. I have 3 shirts from that class that I wore constantly (too worn to wear now but I'm saving them because they are so pretty) that look as bright as the day I dyed them. Cool stuff.

Lauren is singing from the bouncy. Bad mama needs to get up and buckle her in.

Potty at night - well the secret to my success is a potty bowl that her butt can't fall into. I actually got the little potty bowl from theecstore.com because I wasn't having much luck with things in our house or finding something at the store. It's so small and has a big wide lip on it, so her little butt sits on it w/o falling in. I sit up indian style, put the bowl in the hole between my legs, plop her butt on it sideways so I'm holding her in a cradle and she turns her head to nurse. When we do a good job she actually sits with her upper body turned a bit and the arm closest to me off to the side of my body. The other key is that she has to sit way back on the bowl - if she's too far laying down or forward then she pees over the top instead of hit hitting the side or going down. I've only done that once, and it was AWFUL feeling. More often than not she falls asleep on the potty when she is done and then I lay her down on a dipe and wrap her up (this wakes her) and put her back in her spot on the bed. Then I get up and use the bathroom since I'm totally awake, dump the potty out, and 1/2 the time she's talking when I get back to bed (nurse to sleep) and the other half she's practically snoring.

Yikes, I just figured out how they fall out of bouncy seats.. Lauren has been kicking and wiggling and slid her bum nearly to the edge of the seat. Guess I will be making a hole for the straps.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#305 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 AM

Andy: Hope you had a good b-day

Bea has been sucking and chewing on fingers and drooling lots for a long time. I keep thinking we're going to see teeth but not yet. I know someone whose babes teeth at 3 mo, and I also know someone whose babe was born with some!

Heidi: It's a good thing babies are rubber, not ceramic, huh? I haven't dropped this one, but I did drop my brother (I was five! And he puked on me. I was not prepared for that). I've bonked her on doorways, though. :

It's bad that I get so excited that the two of them slept in so I could clean the fridge, take out garbage, and get some dishes done. It feels so good to keep up on housework, and not only that, but to get ahead. It looks better in here than before she was born.

Haha, he didn't catch anything anyway. :LOL And I ordered Chinese last night, and he skipped dinner, so I feel slightly vindicated. I was even nice and let him have my leftovers when he got home. He's doing everything but the nursing today, too.

Wow, it's taking me all morning to write this. I made breakfast and ate and nursed Bea back to sleep somewhere in between.

I wish we could go to Fla., but I'm not sure if that's even feasible. I'm hoping to go to Pennsic War in August, which is the biggest SCA event, but not if DH doesn't get the raise he's been "promised" soon. He keeps having bad luck in jobs where someone hires him and promises him the moon and then goes out sick for an extended time and all bets are off. Last job the supervisor had a heart attack, this one the guy has really bad crohns and is in and out of the hospital. Eh, hopefully soon. I should offer him some EBM to sweeten the deal, but I don't think that would go over well. :LOL

Well, back to sewing while she's asleep and I don't have to listen for her! Have a good day, ladies.
#306 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 11:33 AM

paq you make meish i was still going to sca events! there isn't even a canton in our new area, and i find it so expensive!

and lisa, you help keep me driven in ec! I have more luck in the day, but don't try at night yet.

Ok, about the tax/mortgage thing, does anyone know where on the forms you claim it (canada)? i can't find anything on it in the guide or the website....
#307 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 02:23 PM

sunday morning and Luka woke up at 4:50!!! : I ignored him and then he did nurse back to sleep after 40 minutes, but geesh!!!

we can meet in Fl. my ils have a house in key largo that look like a hotel... probably not baby proofed tho...

Laura on the dh issue, whatever it is. I hope things are better now!

Andy- not sure about that soreness.... my breasts have felt kinda bruised w/thrush.... when i get up i can look up what it might be. stay tuned- brain can't function so well this early to troubleshoot sans book

Kathy- i didn't know you were Canadians. so what are you doin in the So? besides drinking java, of course

we're in bed here- Luka and I and dh is snoring, lol
oh, Noam just came and took Luka to his room. Halleluja. my arms adn shsoulders adn everythign are killing me.... interesting how my typing gets worse when I add the second hand :LOL

We're gonna rinse our dyed stuff today. I hope it's all OK. it was so random.
#308 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, I just finished washing/drying the truely tied tiedye stuff, and I have batch #2 soaking (solids in every color of the rainbow)... hopefully I can get those bagged up to cook overnight. The last 1/3 of the dipes are in the wash now, just dirty, not yet dyed. Today's adventure was just like easter eggs, dunking in big bowls of color.

It's raining here, that summer smell when the dirt gets wet. The roads are so dirty from winter, I can't wait for a good rain to clean them a bit.

Everyone is napping but me, the dog is in the recliner, babe on my lap, and dh in the batcave downstairs. Who knows what kind of mess he is making.

Pam, maybe you can send some daytime ec inspiration back my way, as we're having no success during the day yet tons at night.

Oh and dh dressed Lauren today after her morning nap while I was playing with the dyes in the batcave. He pulled a summer dress out (very very cute dress, pink and peach stripes with cap sleeves) and put it on her but didn't know where I put all the bloomers and said "well kid your ass is just hanging out, we need to do something about that" and put on a pair of pink sweat pants. She looks awfully cute and I'm impressed that he managed to do that. And he was so proud when I told him how cute she was that he showed me her socks - he picked out white socks with pink hearts on the top that matched too.. lol

Lisa

#309 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 02:57 PM

EC in the day: she still often fusses and kicks her legs when she needs to go, and screams when i haven't listened and she's already peed.

one good way to get started in the morning, when i've lost track over night of her timing is to resign myself to one pair of wet pants for each of us. I basically volunteer to get peed on, so I know when she's gone recently. She mostly pees like clockwork every hour, unless she just woke up, then it's half an hour. I've been lazy lately and having a rough time with ppd so I use diaper backup, but if she's dry and I think she might be signalling, I give it a go. If she's wet, I change her right away, so she is used to being dry most of the time. Most pees I catch while nursing her over the basin we use. If she's dry, and it's been about 45-60 mins since the last go, and she wants to nurse I try to do it over the basin.
hope that helps!
#310 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 04:22 PM

Andy- w/o being able to ask you questions, I bet the nipple pain is thrush related. general nipple soreness due to poor positioning usually resolves itself through the feeding. Thrush pain can last throughout the whole feeding as well as cause breast pain. The other thing could be a bleb, or a milk blister.... see anything like that on the tip? they hurt a lot- esp that pinchy feel that you describe.

Pam- I'm so sorry to hear you're having a rough time with ppd.... if you need to talk or anything, I (we) am here.

Lisa- woo hoo on the rainbow of diapers!!! I didn't have enough colors for that, so most will be purple- a few tie dyed ones too. I probably should have PLANNED it, and bought what I want, but your posts inspired me to just do it then. we're not even using the ofs for diapers, so it's kinda a waste, but they do get used a ton for my boobs. I just can't stand the breastpads.... and at home I don't want to wear a bra- too much of a hassle.

we just had a huge pancake breakfast. I am sooooo into baking these days because I just wanna EAT. barely cooked my whole pregnancy adn now that I don't have hands free, I dream about cooking. maybe popovers tomorrow- YUMMMM
#311 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, I hear ya! I am the eating queen these days. And dh has been making banana bread every few days too, yum!

I'll have to take pics of my rainbow, some of the colors are so bright, some of them are just ok, but I guess that's what I get for making my own colors since I only had 3 to begin with!

Dh is on the porch trying to strip the screen door because the paint on it is older than we are. He's reading the stripper can that says combustable and he's pretty excited about that.

*hiding under the couch*

Lisa

#312 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Karen, I hear ya! I am the eating queen these days. And dh has been making banana bread every few days too, yum!

I'll have to take pics of my rainbow, some of the colors are so bright, some of them are just ok, but I guess that's what I get for making my own colors since I only had 3 to begin with!
yeah Lisa- we only had a teeny bit of 3 colors, so I didn't even bother to try and mix any. I gotta rinse the stuff but I am SOOOOO tired. Waking up at 4:50 is not OK. I was sitting here in bed surfing with Luka and he was fussing so I made Ra'am take him. His friend just showed up so I don't know how long I have alone, but I need to sleep. Dh is diving.... at least someone is having fun.

banana bread sounds good.... we have bananas but oh so green. I remember when we were still pregnant and someone on here posted about bananana bread and I ran out and made some chock full of chocolate chips.yum.

tired and bored. terrible combo.

do post pics of the diapes!
oh, and jessica- I want to send you photos for our collage, or whatever we're calling it, but need to wait to load stuff onto this puter.... waiting for the new one to arrive.
#313 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Yay!!! Computer is back up and running!!! I've missed you all so much, and I feel like I have no idea what is going on with everybody!

So, visit with friends was nice, although we were all sick and didn't get to do much. They leave tomorrow. I think this past week was better for them as they went off and did some pretty fun stuff - said they felt like they were actually on vacation.

So, hanging out with my mama friend who is driven with so much passion for her work has kind of made me wonder what it is I'd like to do with my life. I love what I'm doing now, on this mama trip - don't get me wrong. But at times I feel a bit one dimensional. Hmm, the wheels are turning. (the very dusty, cobweb covered wheels, lol)

Andy, so maybe its a clogged milk duct. Sounds like you've been doing lots lately, and exhausted on top of that. I say off to bed with lots of water with you!

Lisa - I wanna see your prefolds!

And mmmm...chocolate chip banana bread. One of my favorite recipes <drool...>

Aloha!
#314 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Oops! I forgot:

Yeah Andy! : :

Hope you had a great day!
#315 of 497 Old 04-17-2005, 09:36 PM

Wow lots of posts. I can't remember it all.
Annie glad to see your computer up and running, and it sounds like you're feeling better

Andy I was having a pain simliar to what you were talking about and I really really examined my nipple and I found a small white spot on it and squeezed it and some firm pussy stuff came out :Puke Well after some nasty stinging pain for 10 minutes it felt all better and the nursing pain is gone. I've been having all kinds of booby problems lately :

to all the mamas with "broken babies"

All the diaper dying sounds like fun. I want to dye some so bad but we don't really use them. Karen the purple sound lovely.

We didn't do any diaper laundry all weekend so we don't have any cleam nighttime diapers and it 8:30 so it looks like we're going to use a sposie tonight. I told this to dh and he said we've got those covers you can just stick form stuff in them : Yeah he meant the fuzzibunzs Hello they are pee'd in.

We went to the pharmacy earlier and my dr was supposed to call in a rx for zoloft. Well there's a note on my other rx saying that the "other rx" that the dr called in was not covered by the hmo. I checked the website and it says its covered The only thing I can think of is that the dr called in something different. It looks like I've got some phone calls to make tomorrow

On teething, one of my sil watches this little girl who had a full set of teeth by 12months so who knows there may be some baby teeth coming soon

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#316 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 03:33 AM

Hi, thanks for all the EC tips. I sleep though night nursings, so sitting up indian style isn't gonna work for me. I did get up and have her pee last night, then she stayed dry till the morning and she peed again. It's so fun whe nshe does it- she looks mighty pleased with herself, too.

Sorry about the PPD p&Aand Az. I hope you are hanging in there. I had my first cry since birth week this week. I takes alot for me to really let it out...I am better since.

I must have missed the collage post- I have no shortage of pics. Whats the plan.

I have no insight on the booby problems....

And you are all welcome in FLorida! Sarasota is awesome, and there are good camping beaches outside of Panama City beach, and the nsouth of here on the gulf coast. Though Key Largo sounds good. I love the keys. I have some cheap o places to stay in the lowert keys if you don't mind compost toilets!
North Fl. probably makes for a better locale if folks wanna drive. The keys are a loong drive away for most of you... St. George Island in the panhandle is a great winter beach...I don't swim, but I love tpo stay out there- there are rental houses and a great camp ground.

Well the blessing happened. It was so classic, since everyone thinks we are all woo-woo, it was an extra woo-woo day at Unity church. Everyone who participated in the service was a bad new agy stereotype- they were like characters off the Simpsons. There was a tortured poet that had an announcement, part of which was something about how fun having brain surgery had been for her, and then she recited a poem in this monontone about breathe. breathe. conciousness.....energy pulses...yada yada yada. Then the big fat gay pianist was sick, which was great cause he's new and seems to have a way of turning every single song into a broadway bonanza song....so there was no music, just a hall of old retirees singing off key. And Lex von Sommerson from Baden Baden, the interpretive dancer with some weird chanting/clowning thing. Really, it couldn't hve been weirder. Except I forgot that when you first see the lady minister she is like this saturday night live skit from the 80's where Tammy faye baker is being impersonated - she is talking about some nightmare where a bundt cake is forced over her head and she says "Demonic raisins- I rebuke you!" OK. So the minsiter was up there in her demonic raisin rebuking voice, talking about how exile from eden was just self awareness that came with the development of the neocortex, and that babies are born now with more frontal lobes and thats evolution at work, and vivaldi songs make wheat fields grow more cause it mimics bird songs and bird songs open stoma and make plants grow, so we are all interconnected, celebrate gaia theory, so grab a ribbon to tie to a tree that you want to claim for the next year, bond with it, get in there and really hug it..... no really, it couldn't have been weirder. My dad thought her theories about the bible and the brain were...uh hem...creative. The baptism thing was nice though, instead of trying to take away orginal sin they put rose petals on the baby and acknowledge the divinity of the baby. It was sweet. I was all nervous worrying sabout how the family was handling all the weirdness, but the baby was being so good and cute, and my dad was very present and loving. They had us all on stage, and they called up SIL and asked the swedish kids to join us on stage. They were mortified. LAst time they came they were in our wedding- we have away of dragging them across the globe and sticking them in front of crowds to be in ceremnoies in a language they don't speak. Aw, they really are good sports. They all are...good thing we had the chanting interpretive dancer to mock over brunch. There were endless jokes about him, so we all got to bond in the end, and thats the important thing right?

Anyhoo, that was a weird ramble...but it was a weird day....

Good night Heidi
#317 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 09:25 AM

Probably now that I've finished reading Heidi's long weird post there are a dozen new posts, but anyway there's nada to really report here. still have a sore nip, kid's home from school (still sleeping, little bugger) and baby's fussing. sigh. hope everyone is good today! caio, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#318 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 09:45 AM

Hello All,

The weekend went pretty well. We really didn't do anything, so it was nice. We did plant some herbs in a giant whiskey barrell, but that was about it. I think we had an almost slept through the night moment. Will went down around 9pm or so and woke up 3:47. I nursed and he went back down. I was a bit concerned because I did't feel engorged at all.

Heidi - the blessing sounds wonderful, and at the very least, entertaining.

Andy - I got the beads and am sending them out either today or tomorrow. Depends on when DH wants to go to the post office. I included some letter beads, and I figured you would know how to use them. I hope you feel better and your breast stops hurting you. How is the fenugreek working? I am thinking of taking some so that I have a bit extra to build up my stash for daycare when Will has to go.

Well, gotta go get ready for work. See you later.
#319 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

G'morning mamas!

Lauren just went to sleep for her late morning hour-ish nap. Today is her 3 month day!

I went a little crazy with dipes yesterday, threw all the MEOS and a few other fitteds in the dye too. Hopefully with this last batch I will be done, although I suspect there are a few rogue undyed dipes left in the pail.

Lauren had a superpee this morning, at 3:30 when she nursed she hardly peed at all, usually she goes a lot in the little potty. So this morning she had all night pee plus an extra nursing she woke for at 5 in there, and the top of the prefold was sticking out of the wrap. Uh oh! New sheets for us today.

Going to rinse the rest of the dyed stuff, dh thinks I should start a cottage industry custom coloring prefolds for mamas. I told him that the babycenter mamas won't buy them because they don't use cloth, and that the mdc mamas are too cool, they just dye their own, so there isn't much of a market out there. But some of them are SOOOOOO pretty, even though I was pretty sloppy with them. I'll take pics of the rest as they come out of the dryer, and post them soon as I can get dh to unload the camera. I need to take a pic of Lauren today too, as dh dressed her in a really cute outfit. OR maybe I should haul her over to the evil baby store and get pics done. We haven't done real pics yet.

Lisa

#320 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM

Sell them to the babycenter mamas as burp cloths! MIL got me some cute dipes at Walmart packaged as "burp cloths". I'll bet you can get a decent price for them.

Not much to talk about. Finally finished the mei tai yesterday and went grocery shopping with it. It's way more comfy than the pouch! I keep thinking I'm hurting her hips or I don't have her in there right, but I know if she didn't like it she wouldn't hesitate to complain. She even slept in it for almost an hour. I saw a preggo mama in the crunchy granola section, so maybe she'll be all impressed by my slinginess and look into babywearing.

Bea's not too thrilled with the NAKing anymore. She wants to lie in bed all day, lazybutt. So I don't get to peek on here as often.
#321 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 01:40 PM

Heidi, you made me laugh so hard I woke the baby! At least at Kaia's blessing we only had the smart-a** coyote-shaman BIL making wisecracks when he was supposed to be reading the fire blessing for the baby. Everyone else was fine. DH's ex-wife even cried when it was her turn to read the earth blessing. I decided to maintain control of the situation by writing the ritual myself. Learned my lesson about that with my Unitarian Church wedding, where the minister took the very nice, very short outline that we put together and used it to expound for 30 minutes on the Angels that watch over us. (shudder). Never again. Scripts. They are my friends. (because with friends like mine, you'd best have a script)

Kaia seems to be gainig weight better with the addition of 3 oz a day of Horizon Organic Formula, but she hasn't pooped since Friday. I've tried everything short of the anitique Irish linen Christening gown trick... (which worked like a charm on her naming day) Pity I sent it back to LA with my mom. We go see the LC today, so I may report back later with good news or bad. I just wish I could get her to take that formula from a bottle. But she won't even take EBM in a bottle. I hate my SNS. I've been feeling really down about this whole thing, so DH gave me a pedicure yesterday on his day off. I was laughing the whole time, but he did a good job and I have red (natural food store water based polish) toenails and they make me smile. I haven't worn nail polish in like 10 years. And he took me out to dinner and bought some cute stuff for Kaia.

belated to you Andy!

And hugs re the dropped baby. I fell asleep nursing Kaia a few times the first month. Thank heavens that I was just sitting up in bed so she did not fall far. But even that freaked me out.
#322 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 02:02 PM

Heidi your blessing sounds like it was a lot of fun

Andy I think that's your shortest post. Everything ok? Or just busy with the kids?

Lisa sounds lik you had lots of fun dying you diapers. Did you dye them solid colors or tie dye?

paquerette, Elizabeth likes to nurse laying down best too, unfortunatly we only get to at night. So she fusses some the rest of the day.

Remember my 9pm couch moving neighbors? Well apprently they stopped paying rent in December so it look like they are going to get evicted. They're not really nice but they are worse than I thought. It seems like they are really trying to stick it to the landlord by using tons of oil. Its been fairly warm here 60s-low 70s and for the last 2 weeks the heat has been running a lot. They have their windows all open to let the heat out of their apartmet. Well here's where it effects us. We live in a very old (1830s) house that was poorly converted into apartments and all that heat is seeping into my apartment making it hot upstairs where the bedrooms are.
Usually thetemp downstairs and upstairs is almost the same. Well yesterday, with the blinds open all day it was 65 downstairs and upstairs with the blinds closed all day it was 74!! We had the fan going all night and I still had to have my legs out from under the blankets.
I opened the 2 windows upstairs this morning. The windows are also extremly old so I only opened the 2 that I could up the storm up easily. Its 63 out and its still 70 upstairs.
I am so tired today from not being able to sleep last night. I missed my therapy appointment and I have NO patience for poor Miss E. Thankfully ds is with his dad for a few days

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#323 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 04:44 PM

Aloha Mamas,
I'm having a bummed morning. THe mw I work with kinda "forgot" I have a baby. We have a birth coming up of my close friend. Originally she said she'd hold Luka- now she just wants to show up at the end.... so I need help with him. But worse, is that a former client just found out she's having twins. Mw wants to have me and another mw there for the birth. I ASS-umed when she told me that it was ok with all if Luka came. Now when I reminded her that Luka needs to come she says that's not ok. Well, I reminded her, he's only 3 months and though I would love to be there, it's not worth it for me to leave him.... FTR, I just have never left my babies.... and when I have tried to pump, they wouldn't take the bottles. haven't even tried with Luka yet. grrr... just feeling sad about it all.
anyhow.... on happier notes:

Heidi- I enjoyed hearing about Iris' celebration. sounds very off the wall

Lisa- how did the meos dye? I know they are part polyester (maybe the binding?), so I'm wondering.... I'm not thrilled with how some of our stuff turned out. I think we will redye some of it. And this time it'll be planned and a little more organized- read dh will help.

michelle- you are doing so great with Kaia! I hope the LC gives you lots of good news! and to your dh for pampering you. I'd LOVE a pedicure right now.

Az- good thing those neighbors will be outta there. I can't believe they're heating the place so HOT! wow!

I better run. baby is asleep.
#324 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

The last batch of dipes is drying now, I'll check the meos, but I think they are pastels. I also ran out of dye fixer, so these are all pastel - like piles of cotton candy!! Easter eggs, cotton candy, wow, it's like being a kid all over again.

I'm sitting online typing and browsing ebay when I really should be working on my last big paperwork thing for work that's due tomorrow. Then no more responsibilities for me until June when I have to put in grades and clean out my room. Woohoo!

Karen, bummer on the mw. Is there a doula in training somewhere that can help?

Bottles, hahahahahahaah. Ok, so my mil is a wannabecrunchy spoiled materialistic kind of gal. She told me that she couldn't wait for baby so she could take her to ski school every winter blah blah blah. And she's been bugging us to babysit since the week she was born. Well I just don't need a break THAT BAD, kwim? So yesterday she was on phone with dh and asked him how bottles were working for us. Well I offered Lauren a bottle maybe 3 times, she sucks once and spits it out and cries, so that's it, no more bottles. It's not like I need to run away from her for an extended time anyway, and I'm not working, so it's ok. We'll just go from breast to cup when she's ready. BUT stupid dh says to her "oh she's taking the paci now really good, we're making progress" to which I gave him evil stares. I don't need any more reasons for her to have access to my kid. grrr!

Andy, I found a box for you, I just have to pack this in there and get it outta the house.

Nicole and uh oh.. Az? (I'll have to go back and look), I'm about done sorting through the little 3-4 stuff. There isn't a whole lot, and there is some winter stuff, but I'll get back to you soon.

FIRST I have to check our electronic taxes to make sure they were accepted and then get this paperwork done for school.

Lisa

#325 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 06:40 PM

I've dyed a few MEOS Karen. It seems like just the leg bindings don't take the dye, which imo looks kind of cute.

So, that's a bummer about the midwife issues. I wonder why she's being like that? It sounds like you guys need to sit down and have a good hash where you can both lay out your expectations for working now that you have Luka, and try to figure something out from there. I'm sorry mama Sounds lie kind of alot to deal with, and a bit unsettling too.

Heidi - OMG?! Sounds like something from a strange independent film, girl! I hope you print that out and put it in Iris's baby book. How incredibly strange. I can't decide what was weirder, the preacher calling forth the poor swedish relatives as she gave her sermon about neocortexs, or the intrepretive dancer dancing around in the background :LOL At any rate, if I had to blessed into the world again, that's how I'd want it to be done, LOL!!!

So, Violet has decided she needs to lose a bit of her chub. She's begun to do these cruches while laying on her back. She's very serious about it!

aloha
#326 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 06:52 PM

Annie- maybe you should put Violet on a diet too
I dunno if I'll dye the moes.... they were given to me in pristine condition- i.e. super white. I think my friends used a lot of oxyclean. Maybe when they get stained some- which I'm SURE will happen with me.

I think that I just don't want to work at all doing births. It's too stressful because of the unpredictability. If I knew I would be out for x amt of time aon x day and could set up childcare, pumping (assuming he'd take a bottle), etc.. then it would be one thing, but the middle of the night calls.... Heidi- I know you said you had to go back at some point. what are you gonna do about Iris??

didn't someone else here want me to send them some coffee?? I can't remember who. please pm me or something

did I say it is the 2nd most gorgeous day in a row and I have my 2nd sick kid??? Noam was sick yesterday with tummy complaints and a low fever. Now it's Ra'am. It's sooooo nice outside. ugh. I want to be at the beach or something, but will have to settle for a blanket in the yard when Luka wakes up.
#327 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 PM

Az: Yikes. I'd go down in the basement and disable the furnace. :LOL

Seriously though, can't the landlord shut off the heat seeing as it's a reasonable temp outside and everything? That's a SIDS risk. I'd go knock on the door and tell them that they're endangering your baby and if anything happens to her they'll be held responsible. Are they confrontational? I don't remember.

Yuck, what a day here. Could not get her to sleep, and she finally zonked out about an hour ago. So I'm living up to my location at the moment... thinking about changing that though, so anyone who reads this post later might be going

Hey, does anyone think we need a Babylicious website? Anyone else do any web design? I tinker a little, but no fancy stuff, and I can't do graphics.
#328 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 07:56 PM

Az-Ugh. I've been there on the over heated apartments. I had windows open in december. hope they move soon.

Ann- that's finny about violet. DD1 did that about this age. She used to wake up doing that and one time smacked her head on a table while sleeping in my lap.

Ilove hearing about dyeing the dipes...I'm just not that creative. And we pretty much only have Fuzzibunz. Sorry you're having trouble with them, karen. I had a hard time the first round too. Not really sure what the difference is now.

Oh and Karen thanks for the offer about LA. It sounds like he'll get an offer on thursday and then they want to fly the familyout there so I can look around for houses, etc. It's funny we keep saying we have no intention of moving, but sometimes I think it would be really cool. I've lived in CO all my life and it would be nice to experience a new city/state. but we have it really good here...grandparents to babysit great neighbor, good friends and i have a great job, even if i don't want to go...

Girls with ppd- take care of yourselves! Walks in the sunshine and all that. And let me know if need someone to talk to that's been there.

s to all!
#329 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 08:04 PM

I have some web design skills, and the programs to create graphics, but I'm on dial-up access, so posting stuff would be a pain.

Malama: bummer on the job thing.

Az: I'd be ready to shoot those neighbors, but I can't stand heat.

Kaia has gained 5.5 ounces since Thursday (when I introduced the formula), and did give me a nice runny brown-mustard poop. I kicked myself when I got out of the LC's office. Our nearest Trader Joe's is just down the street from her, and about a 25 minute drive from my house and I forgot my wallet! Ah well, I guess that means no merengues for me!
#330 of 497 Old 04-18-2005, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Well I have *LOTS* of bandwith and space to put a website, err.. to add something like deadfrog.net/babylicious because we're at the max # of domain names we can have. SO if you want to design, write, code, anything, I'll be glad to let it live on our machine. Or I can just open a gallery like the one Lauren's pics are in and everyone can dump pics in there to share.

The meos held dye pretty well, considering I didn't have any fixer in them, even the edges are colored. The ones today washed out a lot w/o the fixer too, but that's ok, I needed some pastels. I got pics and just waiting on dh to dump the camera out, I'm still on the learning curve with the mac and our camera. I just learned how to put pics from the mac to our gallery, that was enough of a lesson last week.

Lauren has been asleep since 3:30 (almost 7:30 now). I know I should wake her now so we can get some sleep tonight, but she's so quiet and cute and I don't want to. Maybe I'll just open the bedroom door and let some sounds (dog, tv) in there to wake her up softly.

Nothing else new and exciting, I finished my paperwork for tomorrow, I need to pack the diaper bag and my paperwork and eat some dinner.

Ooops baby cries, just in time!

Lisa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page