January Babylicious April Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
agh I posted a responce last night but its not here my dsl has been acting funky so maybe it ate my post

I've only got a few minutes to write. Miss Elizabeth is upstairs happily sleeping (for now) ds ia also sleeping and I just waiting to throw the diapers in the wash. I told dh not to throw a load in before be left for work becuase I'm not going to be home today. I got up a little earlier than I planned and ds is getting up later so I figured I'd throw the diapers in....I trek down to the basement and he's got a load going :
We're going to the aquarium today, this is the only day this week that I have ds. He's a popular guy school vacation time Its supposed to be 82-83 today and I was planning on using my wrap for the babe. I'm not so sure now. Its the most comforablt but I hate being hot.

Anyways Annie glad to hear you're feeling better. Bummer on not getting the double stoller. MAybe you can wait a couple of weeks and try again then? When my sister and I live together when our boys were young we had a double stroller. That thing ewas a life saver sometimes. We got it at a second hand shop, is that an option for you?

Karen you're really awesome. You have some lucky friends. Sorry you'll lose dh again so soon though.

Catnip,

Andy I hope your boob starts to feel better soon.

We like Hanna Anderson here for the baby too, but like you Andy it just does not work for Mama. I got a too cute halter dress for $18 atthe outlet last week and when I tried it on The belly I could deal with (thats what shapping panties are for) plus that is going to get smaller (at least that's what I keep telling myself) but my boobs where not even close to fitting, even when I'm not bf I've got quite a bit up top, so it wasn't even worth keeping for later. So I returned it and got a sun hat for Miss E and managed to restrain myself from purchasing anything else.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#362 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 11:33 AM

hey Az - where's the HA outlet???

I wanna eat some chipolte tamales and yummy sweet potatoes too...mmmmmm...

Annie - you should put an ad in the local paper - a wanted double stroller ad. Or go to a lot of yard sales??? That seems to be where the double strollers go that don't get handed down generation to generation.

I have a fussy baby today... sigh. Y'day he was so terrific and we were just BAD about getting him home for any naps at ALL, poor guy. Today I was thinking of taking Beca to see the ice skating movie...I guess we'll see. Can't take a fussy baby to the theater, that's for sure! Oh, but my boob feels so much better - I'd say 3/10 now.. WHEW! I think we're over the hump on that one. Thanks for the good feeling boob vibes!!!

Hang in there Karen. Having dh gone for another week is a bummer, but it's way shorter this time, right? And the beds not as hot. And there's a squanch more room on the couch watching movies. I think that's about it, but maybe there's some other 'good' thing that happens when he's not home. I know for me I have a LOT less dishes to wash!

Nicole I need your zip code. I have the rest of your address but there's a number missing off the zip code for some reason. I have 8504 weird.

Ok, best to rescue the whiner before dd starts in on picking him up and beginning a new round of torture. Caio mams!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#363 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 PM

Karen- sorry he's gone but thats a wonderful thoughtful thing he is doing. Lots of dust going that way.

Michelle thanks for the recipe, looks yummy. Now all I need is time to cook and I'm all set.

I got a double stroller, it's a graco. Not the best but it was free so can't complain. I got it off of craigslist.com . I usually buy almost everything used, helps us save a few bucks.

I have no idea about this Hanna Anderson clothing. Keep seeing people mentioning it. Is the quality good? whats so great about them?

It's a warm day here. Had to dig out some summer clothes just for one day cuz it's gonna be 50 tomorrow, blah. oh well at least it ain't snowing. At least my dd is having fun running around barefoot, she's not too keen on clothing.
Have a good day ladies.
#364 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Yep it's a warm day here too, Lauren's in a skirt and tshirt, but the front is supposed to come through at dinner time with t-storms and back to 50 for the next 2 weeks.

Andy, I'm glad your boob is getting better! On the dye, don't worry about the time, mix it up and let it soak. The only thing to know is the longer it soaks the darker the color will be, otherwise I don't think you can ruin them.

Lauren is fussy today too, maybe it's the weather or something.

At bf group this morning a mama who works for Gymboree came in and gave us all 30% off coupons. Ugh, another incentive to spend $$$

And I think I'm going to make business cards - everywhere I go someone asks me about dipes or the slings or something. It would be 1000x easier to have my name, email, phone # and 6 fav websites listed (I'm thinking mdc, mamatoto, kellymom, maybe dr sears or something) instead of hunting for a pen and paper to give them info.

Going to nap with Lauren, she's just about out cold (so is the dog) and she was up nursing every 2 hrs last night so I'm tired!

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#365 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM

thanks for the kind words mamas! dh actually leaves tomorrow, so i have another day to look at him and fix him in my memory. actually I gave him a task of getting us a stroller while there so we don't have to pay any exorbitant shipping costs (like at least $70).
we did go to the beach yesterday. it was pretty fun as there was a playgroup meeting there adn I knew a lot of the mamas already. And my closest girlfriend was there and she held Luka while he slept so I could swim- or wade.... this is a kids beach- a big tidepool that I don't find that fun because it's so shallow. bummer thing is that at night I was itching near my chest/breast and I have a rash there.... don't know if it's a heat rash, or from the sunscreen or what, but it's still itchy this am!

oh, baby is seriously fussing at the breast. gotta get him to sleep, bye
#366 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE FUSSY BABIES???

I've got the diapes in the fixative...soda ash I think.

It's warm here, too. Anyone cooking anything inspirational for dinner tonight???

Karen - uh oh on the itchy boob. Do you have any Aveeno? I like that for the general don't know what's causing it itch. Or witch hazel extract.

Ok, time to go dye! Bye!

#367 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 PM

andy- I was gonna say that we did the dyeing sorta step by step during naps and stuff you'll get to it.

my fussy baby went to sleep and has been in bed for an hour now. I ate breakfast with 2 hands and looked online.... didn't have to entertain anyone. woo hoo.

I put calendula baby butt stuff on the rash- just for its soothing nature. We do have some aveeno stuff from when Noam had chicken pox. I'm terrible with rashes because I ALWAYS itch them and make them worse. DH is incredible that way. never touches them

Oh baby awakens
#368 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 04:02 PM

Oooooh that's fun! We did 11 diapes. all cpf's. Just to experiment. I did the little ones, thinking I can use them as burpers and then later as something, maybe quilt them together??? Ok, time to go on line shop for more dye! woooowee!

#369 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 04:14 PM

I feel the same andy- so pretty, eh? We want Dh to help us next time because he used to tie dye- the things we tried to tye dye didn't turn out so hot.... too much white space- i.e. we didn'y get the dye down into the folds.

Dharma also sells all kinds of blanks.... I think we'll get some of those to tie dye. I don't like to wear tie dye but I love how cute it looks on the little ones. (and never shows stains!) boy:
#370 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Hey Laura - check this site out - I think they're having a little sale or something

http://www.hannaandersson.com/home?e...id=041905DIRAT

We'll see how the tie dye turns out tomorrow. I just put in an order for some bigger kits (the 5 shirt kit did 11 diapes. with a bit of red and blue left over (no yellow). the 15 shirt kit should do LOADS!)

I think my dh would be good at this too, but maybe TOO persnickety LOL!

I actually like the jacquard dyes better than the dharma ones, because you don't have to use the urea (which btw is a poison, even if a *natural* one). I would have to do this in the dimmest of lights in the basement to do it at night, when dd is sleeping, and GOOD LUCK getting the chance to do it w/out her help during the day. So I'd prefer to do the soda ash no urea option. But I think the Dharma colors might be better. I guess tomorrow I can see whether I like these or not and if I don't I can always cancel the order (which isn't going to go in until Fri. anyway).

Lisa, your baby sleeping too???

#371 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM

Oh and Karen - I always scratch at them too. That's why I'm GOOD At putting stuff on them, because I'm so BAD at scratching!

My baby's up now too. adios!

#372 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh Andy, I'm not sure if you can call it sleeping or not. I nursed her down at 1, she woke, try again, woke again, third time I brought computer and bowl of pasta with me, she fell asleep and I decided I wanted to nap too, so I moved over to dhs side of the bed.. guess it's a good thing I stayed, maybe it's the weather? but she's been crying out and fussing every 20 min. The first time I let it go thinking she'd meep in her sleep and go back to sleep, but it got louder and louder and she never opened her eyes. So instead of getting my nap to recover from the 2 hr between feeding lack of sleep I had last night, I've been holding, nursing, shushing, cuddling her back into sleep for 2 hrs.

The t-storms are bouncing through and it's really nice to sit here and listen to them, but golly I wish I had napped! I'm going to get up now and start dinner (hopefully dh can babywatch if she wakes) - nothing exciting here, I want fried food, but I think breaded pork chops I could pan fry and then bake and fill that craving w/o going overboard, and dh wants spicy taters.. oh if I had known this morning, I would have stopped at TJ and gotten some of the chipotle sauce Jeni mentioned... instead it'll have to be garlic and paprika and maybe cayenne on tater wedges in the oven.

Dh has a math test tonight, so he's in the batcave cramming. I swear I should take pics of the room he built downstairs. It's jammed with all this geek stuff. So lovely.

Dyes - that's what we did - prep/soak in soda ash during first nap, dye during second, rinse next day during naps, etc. I put on big kitchen gloves and used the dye with urea, I figure any posion my body can make is ok to play with. Dh walked by (laundry room is attached to batlab) and saw me dumping soda ash into bucket and pulling out bottles and stuff, asked me if I was opening a crack lab in the basement. Silly guy.

The first time I did dyes was in high school, I took an elective class on wearable arts, it was a kickass class too.. The teacher gave us a big bad catalog of stuff and we spent $$$$$$ ordering fimo, dyes, special yarns, fabric paints, etc. and then we had some specific assignments and had to use each media once. I ended up with a serious wardrobe of stuff, and lots of gifts to give away. My final exam was bedsheets that I did in this wonderful ocean of blue and green and then embroidered fish on there. Somehow I became the tie guru too, since I was the one who figured out how to spiral a shirt.. of course all the dipes I tried to spiral look awful. Go figure.

The LC at my meeting today was impressed that I had time to dye things.. she agrees with whomever said I should sell them as burp cloths to the babycenter mamas. There are a ton of them in my group.

Going to start dinner, I'm a hungry mungry today, Karen, that's a great way to get the stroller, dh can check it as his luggage

Lisa

#373 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 05:33 PM

oh I'm a wicked rash scratcher, and scab picker too. It drives dh crazy. I'm so bad I even pick his scabs.

Its hot here today. It got up to 91. We didn't end up going to the aquarium ds wanted some alone time with Granny so I went home. Oh well. The wrap worked out pretty good in the heat though. Much better than I expected It didn't feel that much hotter than the mei tai. Granted I did still get sweaty

Andy the hanna anderson outlet is in Kittery ME.

Lisa I got business cards from the wahm that made my mei tai becuase everyone kept asking about it. Funny things now is no one says anything since I got the cards. Anyways you could always ask some wahms for their cards.

I actually had a non-fussy baby today. For the first time in days. Maybe she likes the heat? She like the fan for sure. She was laying on the bed and spread her legs apart so she could get some air up there :LOL

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#374 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 05:34 PM

Hi!

I can't keeep up with you gals! Our computer was actually off for a day or two, so that doesn't help.

Had to pop in and say hi, though. It was super hot today, but tomorrow they're saying wet snow. yuck.
#375 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 06:56 PM

ah thxs Andy. Now I know why they are so expensive. think i'll pass on them, even the sales are too high for us.
#376 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Laura, hehe I agree, but they are nice clothes I'm gonna have to get some on ebay.

Speaking of clothes, one of the girls at bf group is the manager at the local gymboree, she handed out coupons for 30% off this weekend (family and friends event?) and I've got 2 codes if anyone wants to use them online. I would use them but I just can't justify the $$$$!

Lauren FINALLY settled into a decent sleep, I made dinner - mmmm fried! and ate with both hands. Dh has gone off to class, and now the dog is whining at me for dinner. Guess I'll feed her first, and when Lauren wakes/eats I think we might go to the grocery store, I'm SO hungry for salad and we haven't even had a shred of wilted lettuce in the house for weeks.

Lisa

#377 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 07:27 PM

Holy smokes, I'm finally able to read the posts and maybe even respond a little. I had class these last three days, so wasn't at my desk to play on the 'net. Five pages of posts later...

Heidi, that's scary about the fall! and a good warning to us. We put the bouncy chair on the table all the time, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette
It's a good thing babies are rubber, not ceramic, huh?
No kidding. I think it's like bugs - the smaller the person, the less the fall hurts. Ants can fall really far and keep walking.

Evelyn is not rolling yet, and I'm not looking forward to when she does. It's great that she stays where I put her.
Teething - not much yet, just drooling and chomping on hand. Not looking forward to teeth, either.

Collage: everybody is supposed to send me 4-6 pictures of the baby (and you) in different stages, and I'm putting together some sort of web page. So far Andy has sent pics. I have worked on them a bit, but not uploaded anything yet.
Lisa, if I run out of space at my addr.com-hosted page, I'll send it all over to you to put on your server. What kind of web server are you running? Will it run servlets? I'm working on learning such things for work right now, so I could write something cute for the site and call it an educational exercise.
Who said she can do graphics? I lack that software and we could use some graphics to make the page cute and original.

Lisa, you could sell dyed pfs to me! I've purchased several from WAHM sites. Lots of people sell them. Typically they're $4 for solids, about twice what a white one costs. (Shipping not included) Tie-dyes are more, and I don't have any in premium, and could use some.

Karen, if your MEOS were super-white, maybe they're not pristine. My new one is distinctly cream-colored, nowhere near bleach-white. Color the suckers! I'd love to have mine dyed.

Az, 74 is hot??? I keep my a/c set at 74 so that it'll be 76 upstairs. That way the baby can be in t-shirt and socks, no worries if she kicks off the covers. Stinks that your neighbors are such poopheads. What, do they think the landlord is evil for evicting them for not paying rent? Hate it when people are angry when the world doesn't give them what they need for nothing.
Also sucks that your yard is turd alley.
Oh, and I'm a scab-picker too. DH doesn't let me pick his, but I try.

Coffee - that was me! I'll PM you, Karen.

Brynn is beautiful! I'm finally starting to recognize y'all's baby's by sight. That picture is definitely Brynn. I dreamed about Ori again last night.

Violet is too fat for premium prefolds?? My gosh, that is a jolly babe! What diapers is she wearing, and what size?

Catnip, you have made me hungry. Oh wait, I'm always hungry. You've made me hungry for good food, though. Hopefully DH will make those stuffed chicken thighs tonight.
Anybody who likes to cook, I recommend Cuisine At Home magazine. It's our favorite. It comes every other month, and has no ads, just recipes and cooking advice. Very detailed instructions, lots of pictures, great magazine. It's our secret to fabulous meals. http://www.cuisineathome.com

Curses to whoever provided the hanna andersson link.

Nixtamalized - that is the word of the day for sure.

Laura, I hope DH makes up for whatever he did the other day.

Everything is great here. I miss my baby. I love lunchtime and evenings. I even love waking up with her in the night. 'Course that's easier to say when she slept through the night! I woke her at 5 to munch. She munched and went back to sleep, but not me. oh well. She's cute.
#378 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron

Lisa, if I run out of space at my addr.com-hosted page, I'll send it all over to you to put on your server. What kind of web server are you running? Will it run servlets? I'm working on learning such things for work right now, so I could write something cute for the site and call it an educational exercise.
Who said she can do graphics? I lack that software and we could use some graphics to make the page cute and original.
Jessi, not a clue by kind do you mean the operating system or purpose? Linux and web/mail server. I couldn't tell you much beyond that.

I'll gladly dye you some dipes, but you might want to wait a few days so I can post my pics, you might not like them

Lauren just woke - 2 hrs of cry nurse wake cry followed by almost 3 hr nap. I think I'll put her in the fake moby to go shopping.

-L

#379 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 PM

We had a small house fire last night. DH apparently lit some incense before going to bed last night, and it was still burning when he went to sleep. I woke up about midnight and smelled something burning. It had fallen out of the holder and onto some floor pillows that (used to) sit right in front of the book cases in our living room. They had caught fire. Luckily there was no damage other than the pillows (which I had been considering tossing due to cat pee issues anyway) and a houseful of smoke. DH dragged the pillows outside and hosed them down and we opened everything up and turned on fans. Weirdly, it did not set off our smoke alarm, despite it having fresh batteries and "testing" ok. Rest of the night was unsettled by nightmares.

Anyone who ever wants to drop by for dinner, let me know. My cooking is only at about 1/2 par since Kaia's arrival, but I used to be quite the lowfat veggie gourmet (was a decent cook before I went veggie too. My SCA household still talks about the venison bratwurst and lima bean stew I made for an event once. Also made these little buttermilk biscut sloppy joe cups that were something. I may try to recreate them with soy meat.)

Went to Target and spent some of my stashed Xmas money on a new Kitchen Aid immersion blender, as the cheapo one I found out at the renfaire site after end of season finally died pureeing my crockpot beans last night. I'm almost as bad with gadgets as I am with cookbooks.

Weight Watchers tonight. I am dreading this as I have been very bad these last 2 weeks, and I skipped 2 weeks in a row due to the BF issues and then a cold. Time to pay the piper.

Catnip's recipe of the day:

Goddess Pasta

On the table in 15 minutes...

1/2 pound whole wheat penne or rotelle

3 medium zucchini, sliced in half circles and/or 1/2 pound frozen broccoli and/or 1/2 pound frozen spinach and/or 1/2 pound asparagus

10 sundried tomato halves, softened and sliced into strips or 1 fresh tomato, diced or 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes

1 teaspoon herbs de provence
1-4 cloves of fresh pressed or chopped garlic
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2-5 ounces Chevre (soft goat cheese)

Put a pot of water on to boil for pasta. While it is heating, chop any fresh vegetables. I suggest using at least 2 green veggies and the tomatoes. Set the veggies to steam while pasta cooks. (I have a steamer basket that can go over the boiling pasta pot.) Meanwhile, combine garlic, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, herbs and cheese in a bowl. When pasta is done and veggies are tender, mix everything together in the pasta pot. Serve with fresh bread. If you want to boost the protein, add a can of kidney or white beans to the mixture.

And a bonus recipe:

Fat free refried beans

In a 2 quart crock pot, 3 cups of pinto beans, 1 yellow onion (halved), and fill with water. Cook on low for 8 hours. Add the juice of 1 lime, 5 or more cloves of crushed or minced garlic, a dollop of chipotle sauce or puree, a teaspoon of cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir, and optionally mash or puree with a stick blender.
#380 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 08:01 PM

grrr.... I was typing a long post earlier- the phone rang and baby awoke, and when I went back to write more, my son had logged me off of his puter and there went the post : . Supposedly our new computer is coming today... if it doesn't we're going to be doing extra work, long story.

Jessica- what do you mean the diapes may not be pristene?? I got them from friends- don't think they bleached them, though maybe. I'm pretty sure they used a lot of oxyclean on them. also they're not the cream colored ones to begin with (would have preferrred those, but oh well). perhaps when I'm sick of white, i'll dye them.
Right now I've got diapers on the line outside. it's super sunny and I'm sure the sun will bleach away this morning's poop stains.

Lisa- that class sounds like so much fun! i love doing crafty things.... I esp like doing them with others. a few years ago I got into doing ukranian easter eggs.... ever done those? they are basically batik dyed- you use beeswax and draw on them adn dye them in bright dyes. very fun.

My friend is here- the one who was so worried about dh going to thailand (member she couldn't believe i LET him go). I don't feel like hanging out with her much right now. she's talking with dh. she is also sick and so is her dd, so I'm making them stay outside.

Luka's asleep.... maybe a long nap now. i hope so. he was awakened earlier by the phone.
#381 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 PM

Hey all,
I LOOOOOVE to cook too. I promise anyone who comes visits me gets some great home cooked meals!
Plus lotsa fresh tropical fruits.... and if you come in July/Aug we have 5 avocado trees in our yard.... it's avocadolicious
#382 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, yes, those eggs are fun. There is a huge Ukranian population here too.

I am sitting here waiting for babe to poo so we can go shopping. I'm sure she'll go as soon as we get to the store. Might as well just pack her up and go

I've spent way more than enough time online today...

#383 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 PM

I was the one who offered to throw together some graphics. As mentioned, I have the software, but I'm a bit out of practice, and I was never a pro. And curses to you for that magazine link. I already have 2 cooking mag subscriptions. I think I need 3.

Ooh ooh! Avocados!!!

2-3 firm but ripe avocados, cubed
1-2 firm but ripe mangos, cubed
1 diced red onion

Toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a bruschetta topping.
#384 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 09:08 PM

bad me being online right now. I'm watching our friend's 6 year old ds (playing with Noam outside) and 2.5 yo dd. She is very cutely drawing me pictures while Luka sits in his chair and ogles at the hanging toys.
Cora (the 2.5 yo) is drawing me pictures. She calls me Aunty Taren.

Catnip- you're killing me with your recipies. Every time you write about food I get hungry! geesh!
I like tropical salsas:
Mango, pineapple, or papaya
onion
garlic
peppers
cilantro
lemon/lime
salt
something hot

Tastes good on chips, fish, meat, anything, yummmmmmmm
and there are no plans for dinner. darn
#385 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 PM

I make something very similar to that as an accompniment to my spinach-mushroom enchiladas. I will post the recipe for those sometime too. I like to make them during Kaia's nap then fridge them until dh calls and says he's on his way and then I pop them in the oven. I love cooking. I hate washing dishes.
#386 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Aaaah!! No more food!!!!

I have a "cheating" chicken enchelidas recipe.. just throw together and eat w/chips instead of rolling pretty enchiladas.

Anyone have mexican meatball soup recipe? My mom makes something with tomato and chicken base, salsa, and meatballs that are beef/sausage? thrown in. I think it has rice too.. but I'm not sure.

Dh is giving Lauren the house tour. We went to the local discount place (produce is always waaaay less than sale prices at the grocery) and got a bunch of fruit and some salad fixins, and they had mandarin oranges way cheap, so I got a bunch of cans. Last night I so badly wanted canned mandarins or peaches and we had none! I put kiddo in the moby facing out, she loves it even though I'm sure it's one of those "bad" positions for hip development, her little legs kick and run and wiggle the entire time. People looked at me funny though. Hrm.

Going to bed soon, as I don't think the house tour is going to last much longer.

L

#387 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 10:34 PM

spinach mushroom enchiladas sound yummy. I usually make tofu enchiladas or my new one is seafood enchiladas.... all are delish. Haven't made either for awhile.... I have a ton of cookbooks, mostly veggie ones but haven't made something new in awhile. maybe I should plan some yummy things for next week...
I also hate washing dishes. but I have 2 sons who do most of the dishes. Noam does the am ones and Ra'am the pm ones. I help them sometimes, but not too much. It's my goal to raise boys who will one day become GOOD partners. Ra'am is well on his way.... cooking, cleaning, taking care of Luka, etc.....

Luka just went for a nap and I'm dying to sleep too, but am still on toddler duty. darn. last night was just not a good night's sleep.
#388 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=lisa2976]Dh walked by (laundry room is attached to batlab) and saw me dumping soda ash into bucket and pulling out bottles and stuff, asked me if I was opening a crack lab in the basement. Silly guy. [QUOTE] :LOL Just reread that one, HA!

I love those Ukranian eggs, but I'm not patient enough to make them. The middle school kids made them at Beca's school last week (or the week before, or the one before that...sometime recently). They were beautiful!!!

Oh, and how I know about the MEOS is that mine were unbleached and then I line dried them a bunch of times (instead of in the dryer) and they all bleached out. Oh well. Then I bought some used ones (not very, but they were el cheapo and came with the inserts which I didn't have from dd) and they were all white. Whether they were originally the white ones or not, I don't know, but now they're all white!

oh and lastly, the HA clothes. I did splurge and get both dd and ds a few items (sale only) new, but mostly I get them from Mamabarter or ebay. I think there are also other places you can find them, and often in crunchy sections of town you can find them in garage sales. They fit really well... Ok, g'night!

#389 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 10:45 PM

Karen - where is this girl??? Doesn't she know you have a baby that isn't sleeping through the night??? Are you too confident and giving people the impression that you don't ever need any help? Start acting helpless mama, and get OFF toddler duty! Tho they are cute...

I make shrimp enchiladas for my fam., but I won't eat shrimp, so mine have chicken in them. Picky picky picky. Also dh doesn't love rolled food - he likes his spread out on the plate. huh?

Ya know - it just occurred to me that someday we could do a cookbook swap. Just pick one off the shelf and send it to someone who sends one of theirs to someone etc., like a backrub line! Someday. I think I need a break. I did send out some necklaces today! And most of your diapes. Jessi - Just the stacinator fleece still fits. I'll send that back when he's too big for it. They stretch a lot, those fleece! How hard would it be to stitch some elastic into the legs of a cut piece of fleece and pound on some snaps??? I'm thinking I might start making one or two...once I figure out how to work the sewing machine, that is...

#390 of 497 Old 04-20-2005, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Karen - where is this girl??? Doesn't she know you have a baby that isn't sleeping through the night??? Are you too confident and giving people the impression that you don't ever need any help? Start acting helpless mama, and get OFF toddler duty! Tho they are cute...
Aw, it was an offer to watch her. Cora is my special little one and I love having her over. She's truly entertaining. She loves Luka too. I told her dad (who stays home with her on wed and thurs) that I'd take her anytime. He's also teaching Ra'am to surf, so it's all good.

Luka's had only short naps all day, and a few pukes from deep down (read, stinky). Maybe he'll sleep really well tonight??? A mama can hope right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page