January Babylicious April Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2005, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all - we front carry facing out witht he sling, but I hold from behind too. He likes to lean over and drool on me, that's our special sharing thing. Or he goes for my knuckles, which must taste better than his. Hmmmm. I think he had a nice little spurt. He's over 24" now. I haven't been to the HFcoop recently, but maybe tomorrow and I'll weigh him then. I think he's just about 12 lbs. The tiny diapes. don't fit well anymore. The small prefolds do. We'll be in those for a while still. Most of the small covers don't fit because we use puffy diapes. oh well. We have mostly meds anyway. Speaking of diapes., the tie dyes are washing/drying now. Some of them are wonderful! Some of them are blah. I'm glad I didn't use a big kit and do all the diapes., because I learned a lot doing these. I want to do the bigger diapes next. I'll post some pics when they're done. Where are pics of Lisa and Karen's??? And whoever else dyed there's, too...I'd love to see them.

I don't think I'm going to dye the MEOS at all, actually. I like them whiteish.

Oh wow. Taste of boy-dom. I took our little neighbor friend Harry w/us to the Children's Museum today. OMG. How many times did I have to tell that boy to STOP running (with sticks!?). They were playing make believe in the wigwam, catching fish and canoeing (one boy even said "are we there yet?" while in the canoe - LOL!) and somehow he got scraped on his leg. Not a big deal, but blood. So I sent him into the men's room to clean off (he's almost 8, no WAY he'd go into the ladies room w/me). Then we had to go to the front desk to get a band aid, an ice pack (?) and fill in an accident report form. In all the chaos, because this was at the end of a 3 hr. visit in which I slung ori the entire time, and he either screamed or slept (ate a little, but he wasn't hungry until it was time to leave (of course)), Harry forgot his jacket. so now it's calling back the museum, finding the jacket, getting his name on it, putting it behind the counter...IS THIS ALL BOYS??? AM I IN BIIIIIG trouble? Beca does lose stuff, and she does playhard and get hurt sometimes, but she's somehow more responsive, less likely to cause that much chaos, or maybe it's just going from one to two kids (not inc. the baby)? Anyway, that was our excitement for the day. This pm it's chill out time. After a major fattening lunch at Friendly's I'm going to sip diet iced tea and wait for the baby to cry again. Ok, there he goes! Just mention it and he's off and running (sigh).

Just a few quick notes to torture my baby -
Heidi - It sounds like you and the fam. are having a lot of memory making events! The blessing way, the boat ride, even the car ride sound quite memorable! I'm glad they're having a good time!
Karen - Day one is always fun, day two get's a little blue. Day three just think of me, day four you don't want more. Day five you're feeling alive, day six you're ready for a fix. Day seven he's home, it's heaven!

Take care all! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Heidi, lol, I am a commune snob though, I only want this group of mamas and their babies and guys there, it's not going to be a big open to the public kind of place.. we'd make the governing council and process strict admissions policies to let anyone else in

Ack, mongoose eat rats and chickens and such? Yuck!

Lauren is having a not so hot day today, this is day 2 on 1/2 dose of pepcid and she just can't settle to sleep. She took a 2 hr nap this morning, I nursed her at 2 for a loooong time and she's up again, nursed until she puked, I think she really wants to sleep but just can't get there.

2 more days like this and then I think I'm going back to regular dose, but I wanted to give it a try.

If dh thinks he can handle her for a bit I'm going to the po. Wish me luck.

L

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slygrrl
made up of fun, finger foods ~ roasted sweet potato & pea samosas, vegetarian jamaican patties, corn bread & sesame seed hummus, & maybe a cold pasta salad chock full of roasted veg??
Please post recipes if you get a chance....

H
Old 04-21-2005, 08:22 PM

good luck! and w/the pepcid, too. I hope she's not needing it, but if she does, well she does.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Woohoo, dog, husband and baby are sleeping!

Nevermind, I got distracted watching tv and everyone is awake now.

Lauren is UBERCRANKY too, dh says "oh boy this is gonna be a long night" ut oh.

Dipes: http://gallery.deadfrog.net/view_album.php?page=1
The first batch were the tied ones, I'm not real keen on the red/blue ones, but the rest are ok. The second batch was the stack of rainbow easter eggs, and the third were the pastels.

Ciao!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:27 PM

Hey Lisa - Those diapes. turned out GREAT! But I gotta say, for a mama that doesn't really use them, you sure got a lotta diapers!!! It looks like you have way more than we do! Woah. How did you do the V shaped ones? I really like that pattern. The pastels are kinda cool - esp. for a little girl. The blue is less boy-ey blue and the other colors are really nice too. Well done mama!

Well we have had one of our worst sleeping days on record. He finally slept at the museum with me carrying him and my boob hanging outta his mouth (little piggy). But only for about an hour. Then this pm he slept for about 45 min. nursed for half and hour and then slept for another 45 min. then he was up. We started bedtime at 7pm and he just wasn't that tired. At 8:15 I was still nursing. sigh. Well, he seems to be down for a little while now (I shouldn't have said anything...)

Ok, going to upload pics now... I didn't do any solids. Come to think of it, I only really tried to do the stripes (which turned out ok) and the bunched ones. I was scared to do the spirals (huh?) because I thought they'd turn all brown if I didn't get it right. Well, I think once I get more dye I'll try, 'cause Lisa's look GREAT!

Ok, I'm off to watch CSI and eat popcorn. Lotsa hugs mamas! Andy

PS - Nicole, I got the beads today and I also got your zip off the package. One of the purple beads broke :-( but the rest came through fine. I'll make it tomorrow if I squeeze it in - we have some extra kids tomorrow that I'm watching for a friend (a 4yr old and a 2 yr old - ).

Pps - also inc. new pics of the BIG man himself (oh yeah, we're outta those newbie diapes, baby!) and his new chair so he can hang at the table with us. Still kinda big, but he seems to like being able to hang with us. Or slouch, as he pleases! And big sister LOOOVES having him next to her ( !).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/newand...1hv3CBx.WhiWPT

Old 04-22-2005, 01:27 AM

mamas- Lisa and Andy- the diapes are beautiful!!! I love seeing those solids of Lisa's all stacked up like that in different colors! woo hoo! Fit for a baby's bum.

Andy- wow... I can't believe little Ori is sitting (ok, slouching) in a chair like that. He's such a little man!!! We are so not there with Luka. someday....
oh, and your experience at the museum... not all boys are like that at all. some kids just breed chaos around them. I've for sure seen both boys and girls do that.

I couldn't tell you what I've done today after taking dh to the airport in the am and a walk at the park in town. I realized mid-day that I had a mongo headache and after that it's all a blur. Tried to get pics off the camera but did something very wrong on the puter... don't exactly know what, so now I'm afraid to try again. I didn't take pictures of the diapers, but they look like the purple ones in Lisa's pics. I have some tie dyed ones in the wash and I'll post pics when they're done.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:46 AM

Karen - WATER! Sounds like stress and dehydration. chill, mama. You need to take special care of yourself with no dh around to help (now and again).

Waiting for an ebay to finish up in an hour. STUPID but I really want the item (new birk clogs).

Lisa - you are SO hippie. LOL! Isn't it awful when mom is RIGHT?! Oh well, she could be right about worse things. Just don't smoke the hemp inserts!!!

Nicole, how was Will today? I hope he did better for you than O-man did for me! What a day!

Karen - thanks for the reality check. I kinda knew that not all boys are like this, but I get it a lot - moms of boys who are just constantly exhausted and have no 'control' (ie: their guys are really wild). I think he was pushing today because he's been kinda neglected at home recently. They're moving in still, and moving out of their old house still...it's just chaos. And w/4 kids from 4 - 14 mom is really stretched to the limit. The dad seems ok, involved etc., but what do I know???! Anyway, all the boys there were kinda wild. Beca played with them for a while but then found a girl she liked more and went off and did that. Maybe my fella won't be so wild...maybe he will. It was training, anyway. Tomorrow I get the 2 yo little boy (also a Will) with his big sis., but at least it's our house - trampoline time kiddies!

Ok, I'm going to go crash on the couch for a bit. adios!

Old 04-22-2005, 01:51 AM

I don't have much time but wanted to say hi...

Babyjoggers- dh just bought a burly and a jogger conversion kit. It will be a while before Isabelle can ride but Ruby LOVES going for bike rides to the park with daddy. It was expensive.

Hannah Anderson Clothes are my favorite for kids. I just bought some stuff for Ruby on sale. I always justify it by saying that it's such good quality Isabelle will be able to wear it too someday. I had to pretty much trash all the oldnavy type stuff when Ruby out grew it. I also Like LL Bean. Not super fashionable but very tough. Oh but they treat their cotton PJs so I never buy those.

Nicole-I'm sorry things are so rough with Will. Ruby used to (well still does) fight sleep too. My whole day was set up so that she would take naps every few hours. Take a walk with Ruby in sling...few hours later vacuum with Ruby in sling (the house was very clean for a while)...take a walk a few hours after that. I'm not a big baby stuff person but Ruby loved the swing at daycare. I think if I had known that earlier I would have bought one. She loved to fall asleep that way.

catnip- I would love to have you cook at my house. Everythign sounds sooooo yummy. I love cooking but somehow I never seem to have time. I have a few cookbooks, mostly vegetarian. I have a moosewood, short-cut vegetarian, betty crocker...

I love the colorful diapers. You all make me feel so uncreative with my plain fuzzibuns...but I also have no idea how you all find time to do everything. I think I'm just really inefficient

Isabelle likes to face forward in the wrap. She has really good head control, until she falls asleep...

And she is just about outgrown her diapers. I figure I have about a month. Ruby was able to stay in the smalls till she was 8 months!

No word on dh's job in LA. I'm a little sad...I was really hoping for a free trip to LA. Plus my Spring craziness/depression is setting so I have this huge need to change everything, move,etc. I think everytime I feel my depression coming back I panic. Kind of like what I'm doing now isn't working to keep me happy so why not change everything. Sigh. I have a hard time knowing what's a rational decision when it's just depression.

Have a good night all!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:21 AM

jess- are you the mama who went on anti-depressants while we were preg? I know it can be hard. breathe deep mama, don't panic... we're here for ya!!

pics: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeEsmLZw2bPWg (of my kids, no diapes)
Old 04-22-2005, 02:42 AM

Jess - there is almost no way to determine whether you are making 'rational' decisions when you are bfing and mom to two little ones! So don't sweat that. However, I think wanting to move 1,000+ miles just for a change of pace is maybe a little extreme, imho. Maybe just tackle a closet or two for starters. It may be enough!

I going to try vacuuming with ori tomorrow...maybe he'll snooze out and give me a BREAK!

Annie - is this the kind of stroller you were looking for - ebay seems to have a lot of options like these

SAFARI TT DELUXE INSTEP JOGGING STROLLER DOUBLE SWIVEL Item number: 4375073847

Not cheap but if the shipping is the same to HI as to anywhere else mainland US it's not a bad deal!

Karen - Oh your 3 sons are SO beautiful. I gotta say, they got some juicy lips and cheeks! Just waiting to be mamakissed!!! I love the pics! Luka DOES look like an angel. Gotta love the nakeybutt pic of Luka outside. Makes me SOOO jealous. Not only don't we have grass, taking Ori out today in shorts was somewhat life threatening. sigh. Thank you so much for sharing :-) Cora looks like Biiiiig trouble (and oh so sweet!).

Well, I won my shoes, so I'm off to bed. YEAH!!! I've been wearing out all my socks 'cause it's just NOT warm enough to go w/out socks (early morning and late night, during the day barefoot is ok) and my inside shoes have mysteriously disapeared. Sucks for me! G'nite!

Old 04-22-2005, 03:05 AM

Karen - love the pics!! You're boys are beautiful!!! Such wonderful smiles. Violet is really into doing the nawing on her fist thing too.

Argh, I keep coming back to this and then forgetting what I was going to write. My day was sort of like Andy's, except the wild boy child was my own and I can't give him back to anyone. I think the *best* part of the day was when we went into Sears to try and pick up a carseat for my friend's who are visiting. Somehow Makai's diaper fell off and out the leg of his shorts. So, I'm trying to quickly wisk him out of there, but he wants to run and hide in the girls clothing section. I basically drag him out into the center walkway, he's kicking and screaming (did I mention screaming?) I finally, in pure not-knowing-what-the-heck-to-do, start to walk away hoping that he'll follow. No, of course not - that would be too easy. Instead, he decides to squat down and PEE right there in the center aisle of the dratted store, its pooling all over the linoleum floor, the poor Sears customers are trying to walk around it and not slip and crack their heads open in toddler urine. Of course, half the people are looking at me like, why the heck didn't you put a diaper on your kid??? This is how I feel today :

Forgot who was asking about the website and Java servlets? My mom (you know, the crazy one that I live with? ) Worked for Sun for a loong time and said she could set all that up no problem . We could most likely run the website from one of our computers and we have all the graphics programs. You'd just have to spell out exactly wha it was we needed to do, because I am not so computer savvy.

Lisa - couldn't see your dipes? I want to seeeee them! I did see some pics of little Lauren and she is just gorgeous!!!

Love the pics Andy!!! Ori and Beca are such cutie patooties. Good job on the dipeys

Fussy baby, gotta go
Old 04-22-2005, 03:33 AM

: Ann!!! sorry.... I know it musta been traumatic in Sears, but that is so funny!!!

Andy- shipping on strollers to here is not the same as mainland. I've been quoted everywhere from $40-140. crazy (the 140 was on ebay). we don't have "ground" shipping to here, obviously. and trying to get dh to get one in Oakland.... drama central. He found one online he liked and wants THAT one.... how to find a specific one in a big city? He can't deal with cities and doesn't wanna waste his time shopiing.... typical guy.

Luka fussed major all through dinner. Got him all ready for bed and now he's happy as a clam. go figure
Old 04-22-2005, 10:50 AM

Okay, so all of the hugs and things must have helped a bit yesterday. He slept until 4:45am yesterday morning (7 hours straight ) and then today slept until 4am (again, 7 hours straight). And he took good naps yesterday too. We'll see what today brings. It is so hard when you feel like I did the other night. I know I am a good mom, but it feels like I'm not when I feel like that. So, thanks for all the positive vibes. I totally appreciate it.

One of you suggested the Rescue Remedy herbal stuff for both of us. I started using the cream yesterday on Will, thinking that perhaps his incision is itching him or something. He seemed more comfortable, so who knows.

Lisa - I couldn't see the dipes either, but Lauren is a cutie. She looks like a pretty happy baby.

We went and saw Sesame Street Live last night. Emily was completely in love with Elmo. A good friend of ours works for the local arena, theater, ball park, so sometimes gets tickets to things. Personally, I am not a big fan of Elmo, but it is a good change of pace from Dora, and we don't do the Wiggles. They are too surreal for us. And, Em likes Veggie Tales, but they can be fairly religious. They refer to god a lot, so I am surprised they are as popular as they are.

Well, work is calling, better go get ready. Thank go it's Friday.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubysmomjess
No word on dh's job in LA. I'm a little sad...I was really hoping for a free trip to LA. Plus my Spring craziness/depression is setting so I have this huge need to change everything, move,etc. I think everytime I feel my depression coming back I panic. Kind of like what I'm doing now isn't working to keep me happy so why not change everything. Sigh. I have a hard time knowing what's a rational decision when it's just depression.
Jess I get the same way evertime I get depressed I want to run away and start a new life somewhere else. I think its just withdrawlal to the extreme kwim?

Ann, you have the funniest stories. I'm sorry you have to live through them, but I love hearing about them.

Nicole I'm glad to hear things are better at your houise and sorry you had to sit through sesame street live.

Everyone's babies look so big compared to Miss E. Funny how she was one of the biggest when she was born. She still fits into 0-3mth clothes girth-wise they can be a bit short though

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 04-22-2005, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Andy, I folded them up like you do for stripes and used the squirt bottle to draw zigzag - but it didn't work right so I unfolded them and just painted with the bottles. But the one in the top corner I grabbed the yellow spot and picked it up, then rubberbanded from my hand down.

I'm not fond of the spirals up close because you can't really see the spiral, but in the pics they look pretty good

So last night Lauren and I went to bed at 9, she nursed to sleep, but I was awake well past 10. She decided that at 1:20 it was time to nurse again, we had a major dipe leak, and I had to switch sides, which meant I got the prefold over the wet spot and she went to the middle of the bed. Well nursing wasn't enough, she wanted nobody to sleep until 3. We nursed, rocked, walked, begged, nursed, finally after 2 poops she settled back in for a bit.. but only 2 hrs. On the dot. Every 2 hrs. she nursed... at 3, 5, 7, then 8:30, then nursed back to sleep at 9, I tried to sleep with her, but she's just so restless when she naps I kept waking up. So I gave in, got up, got in the bathtub with my ipod and soaked in the dark. Dh brought me some bacon and fruit (?? why not bacon and eggs and toast?) and the mail - my babygap jacket showed up AND a nursing necklace, Andy! Lauren is crashed out nursing now or I'd be testing it.

Dh thinks she's already learned that holding her arms up is the "pick me up" command, I haven't seen her do it yet, but he says she does it every time he's watching her while I run an errand or go to the bathroom. Hrm.

Andy - quantity of dipes - well we change her even if she only has a little squirt, trying to keep that bum dry all the time. I swear I do more dipe laundry than normal people, I bet we go through 18 dipes a day. And with the human vomit machine we use them for more than dipes. Prolly get 4-6 of those going every day too. I put a big bad box in the mail to you yesterday, whatever you can't use just foward on to your favorite charity or resale or whomever.

Nicole, box coming your way too, there wasn't much that size, but I hope some of it is ok.

Oooh Karen I hope the mongo headache is gone. Dh has a friend named Mongo. He's 7'3" and moves like Shaggy from ScoobyDoo.

Andy again, lol I never thought of shopping for birks on ebay. And smoking hemp dipes? lol, would you believe I've never smoked it at all? I'm one of those good little catholic girls.

Jess, I like the llbean stuff too. I was an llbean kid, did you know that if you break a buckle or something on a bag, they'll fix it? I've had one backpack that I sent back 3x because I kept slamming the waist strap in the car door and breaking the buckles.

Wow Karen, Luka has a very grown up look to his face. your boys.

Annie, oh shoot, bad link! Here it is http://gallery.deadfrog.net/dipes and LOL on the sears I hope you have a journal somewhere to put that in.

And Lauren pics: not thrilled with the new hat http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album28/CRW_7043
and lovin the bath http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album28/CRW_7075 http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album28/CRW_7077 http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album28/CRW_7080 and loving the wonderpup http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album28/CRW_7092 and hangin with grandpa http://gallery.deadfrog.net/3-6-months/CRW_7120

Dh just warmed up last nights dinner for lunch, so he gets bonus points for that Lauren is hanging in the bouncy WITH the toys and lights and vibrating seat ALL going. My shoulders and upper back and neck are just not happy between all the holding and twisted nursing positions I tried last night to keep her happy and not kill myself.

We might head over to the builders auction today, see if we can find some flooring for the kitchen or something. Of course it's cold and raining and most of it is outdoors or in unheated fairground buildings, but hey, we'll just layer on and go, right? HA!

Lisa

Old 04-22-2005, 02:30 PM

Ann I'm sorry about the scene in sears but that is tooo funny (in that could totally happen to me kind of way)

Karen your family is beautiful!

And yeah I went on antidepressants, Im still on them, too. Yeah moving to LA is a little extreme, but rationally but's a great job for dh...and hr seems genuinely interested in looking at houses, so I don't think I'm tooo crazy.

Maybe Ill get a haircut or something superficial...

Thanks for the support, girls. It's really nice to talk to someone that's not dealing with it everyday.

Gotta go walk the dog.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I'm impressed with my kid now. She started to fuss and dh came over to get her since I'm sitting here eating oh so slow.. and he said "you want up" and put his arms out at her, and her arms went right up like the Y in the YMCA dance. Hysterical. And he made her do it twice, just to show me that she is serious about it.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:01 PM

Lisa- sounds like a really rough night! and WOW on the arms up! I always ask Luka if he wants to be picked up and I wait for his hands to go up, but nada. one of these days. Then he'll say something like "carry you" like the others did.

yay Nicole on the happier baby. YK, he sleeps a lot better than Luka does.... Luka has been on the every 2 hour tip for the last week. It's OK, but not great. I'm surviving.

Jess- I don't get super depressed, but I can very much relate to wanting to make a big change. I got a little depressed while pg and was unhappy about many of my friendships. i did make some changes and it was good. i've also done the hair cutting thing... that one's usually short-lived.

my headache did go away yesterday after resorting to drugs.... it was too intense to deal with- Noam whispering to Luka was like a knife. and with dh gone....
Andy- hope your day w/the toddler is going ok!!!

ebay is a great place to buy birks.... done it myself. and you save a lotta $$

ok, Luka is cryig for a nap and nursing isn't doing it
Old 04-22-2005, 03:45 PM

does anyone else have a well-meaning but super annoying mom? my mom just can't get over the fact that I carry my baby. She can't understand for the life of her WHY i don't have a stroller. Frankly, I don't think he'd really lie in one, and we are getting a jogger stroller for when we need it.... but that's not what she thinks we should have. she thinks I should have something for Luka to lie down in and that he'd just go to sleep while I was walking.... so pleasant. Of course I live in the country and need big wheels that can handle terrain- it's not a stroll in the park here.... ugh. I yelled at her already this am, and it's not even 8. Called her for something nice and I got harassed grrrrr.
Of course Luka was crying/ fussing during all this because he was waaay tired.
OK, I'm over it.

thanks for listening
Old 04-22-2005, 04:25 PM

Oh Karen, I feel ya!!! So sorry mama

My issues with my mom are far to exhausting to go into right now - and I have to LIVE with her. I think I'll do another one of these :
Old 04-22-2005, 04:32 PM

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal because we do live so far away.... she just can't seem to let this stroller thing go (keeps mentioning it to my dad, to me, etc...).

to you for living with yours. I know that sometimes they can be great, but other times??/ watch OUT!

Luka is so fussy this am. I just stuck him in his chair, naked, facing the boys and walked away. yay for me!
Old 04-22-2005, 08:13 PM

Hey - you girls crack me up! Yeah, I got the birks for $40 w/the shipping. I woulda had them for less but some shmo jumped on at 1min to go and upped the price. Grrrrr. Oh well. Don't even get me started on mother stuff. I now have another visit to 'look forward to' because of grandparent/special friends day at dd's school. My dad can't come (jury duty, of all things.). When he comes they get a hotel (2 rooms) so they don't have to share the one guest room. But if just mom comes she'll inSISt on staying here. oh well. It's just one night. Hopefully...

Jess - haircut. Haircut's good! What kind of dog do you have? Maybe we should do a pet collage too...a lot of us have pets...not everyone is wanting the biting 9' lizard thing, like Az's dh, but ok, whatever! Cats and dogs are interesting in their own way!

Ann - oh so sorry about the pee puddle. 2's and 3's are tough. They're just tough. Hugs mama! Maybe he needs smaller shorts! that silly boy...

Karen - good job doing the walk away thing. Nakey butt or not, he's fine. There may be a small mess to clean up later (or a huge one...Ori had 3 major blowout poops today, all of them while we were out).

I am a complete heel today. I was out shopping (food) - left at 11am. Had to be home by 1pm for the drop off of kiddies. We had 2 nursings, 2 major poops, and ugly traffic. It took me 2 hrs. 10 min to get back. By the time I did, she'd gone, dragging both other kids with her to the ped. office for her baby's visit. So sorry! I so owe her a babysit...I feel rotten. I REALLY tried to get back in time...I know she's ok w/it, I called her, but UGGGG! I feel so terrible.

Well, time to go watch my dd break her neck on the tramp...dh is outside with ori and some pals drinking beer, just back from golfing. big help even when they are here, huh!

Old 04-22-2005, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

ACK!!! Weatherdude says we're going to get 12" of snow tomorrow. WTF?!?!?! First weekend in April it snows 5", second weekend it's 80, 3rd weekend we're back to winter and snow!

Andy, it's going to stall over you guys, so I don't know how much snow you'll get but yikes, people here are going to the grocery so they don't die from the snow.

Went down to a builders auction to look at stuff, yowzers, if I had the cash and a plan, we'd have new kitchen cabinets tomorrow.

Lisa

Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 PM

Hey L - it's cccold here again. Down into the high 30's. brrrrrrrr. I made dh go walk the dog. HA! Cold and snow don't scare me, but they may just kill my tulips :-(

Well the last of the necklaces are out tomorrow. Thanks Nicole for the cool beads! I'm sending back what I didn't use (lots of letters, the femo's and one set of the bumpys). They're already in the bag and sealed, so just save them for Emily :-)

things I wanted to say and forgot earlier...

Ann - did you find a stroller? When you were in seasrs looking, you were looking for one for your friends, what about yours?

I'm still laughing about the peepee sears episode. you really should mark that in his baby book...too bad you didn't have a camera ready! Woah, would he NEVER forgive you for that or WHAT?!

I think it's amazing that you live with your mom and 1) don't kill her (or yourself) and 2) that we aren't hearing about it constantly! Amazing, truly! with an illness like hers, even with meds, it can be extremely difficult to live with...you are SAINTLY Annie! My mom isn't even diagnosed (which is somewhat worse because isn't on meds) and I would have to be brain dead to live with her again. oh yeah, I have NO appreciation at all, but she is just TOO much.

Lisa - LOL on the V shape dyeing! I just got a book from the library - hippie crafts! It shows a bunch of cool (and not too difficult) ways of dyeing. And a ton of other crafty stuff, too...but who has time!? You DO use a lot of diapes (for all the various things you use them for). We go through about 12 diapes a day now. Except today felt like 12 diapes just on the blow out poops! Whew.

Oh yeah, Jessi - Ann's sig is FOUR lines! I'd send the siggy police after her but I'm afraid they'd find me, too LOL!

Nicole - well done on Will sleeping for SEVEN hours. I don't see but seven hours of shuteye all put together. I figure I go down at 10, up at 11:30ish for about 40 min (sometimes less), up at 1:30 or 2ish for half an hour, up at about 4 for another half hour, and then up for the day at 6 or 6:30 at the latest. Sometimes the times shift by an hour or so. I'm trying a new thing starting last night (yeah, worked great as I saw no diff. at ALL), I'm feeding him every two hours until I go to bed at 10 (so nurse to sleep at 7ish, feed at 9) when he'd normally give me 4 hrs. to start off the night (wrong 4 hrs, though, and recently even those have diminished to 2 1/2 hrs). So maybe, maybe MAYBE he'll figure this out and start sleeping longer in the middle of the night, like 9 - 1 or 2am...it's a long shot but not a huge investment, so no big deal if it bombs. I'm glad that he's giving you some sleep 'cause you, mama, need and deserve it!!! We feel the same about veggie tales. Kind of innocuous, but also kind of subversive...although somewhere on the cover they do say that they are Christian based, so I guess subversive isn't the right word. Anyway, we have some and the kids like them ok. sympathies on elmo on ice. ug. we got suckered into disney on ice last year. and $45 later we still have the micky mouse lift his head off ice cream cup and some kind of spiral straw that is so packed full of germs I've moved it into the garden to mark where the carrots are. LOL!

Az - I weighed Ori today, he's about ('cause he wiggles) 11lbs 10 oz. Not so big, really. He's long though, 25" almost. He can wear the 0-3's if there's no feet, but pants don't fit because he's long, and shirts don't cover his little belly LOL! No rolls on this boy - so don't sweat it about Miss. E. She's PERFECT!!!

Lisa, lmk whether lauren enjoys the necklace. I had to kind of put it into Ori's hand the first few times. Now he reaches for it! That's amazing that she's reaching her arms up. Ori doesn't do that yet. Won't roll either. I sort of leeglected (that's Beca's term for it) him while he was on his tummy on the floor today for about 10 min. He howled and wailed for about 2 min., then found his fist, then howled some more, then kicked for a bit, then cried for real and I rescued him. Poor kid. I love hearing when the kids 'get' it with this developmental stuff. I hope noone is feeling like this is any kind of competition!

I think most of the better companies will 'fix' stuff that breaks. I like Land's End and REI stuff myself - Land's end has great sales, and REI give kickbacks for what you buy that's not on sale. Great outerwear for kids, too.

Lisa - AWESOME pics of Lauren. I let Ori hang and watch - he babbled away to her while she was in the bath and made this HUGE smiling squeel about her and the pup. Too funny! I honestly think he thought he was talking to her LOL!
Ok, I'm going to go snuggle into the duvet and read. Lots of hugs mama! Andy

Old 04-23-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

It's not that cold here yet, something about 2 low pressure areas smashing into eachother on top of Ohio. Brrr!!

Funny on Ori talking to Lauren. She's not laughing yet, I can't wait to hear that.

OK so the baby pepcid is some sugary gooey powder that the pharmacist mixes with water and it has a "use by" date of 30 days past mixing. There are ALL kinds of factors playing here, but the last 3-4 days Lauren has been cranky. The mix date on the pepcid was 3/23, so it's technically expired. I gave it to her this morning and yesterday morning, last night too, but not Weds night. And I realized yesterday that the bread crumbs I used to make the pork chops the other night had whey in them, am I not making sense yet? Anyhow, between the whey and expired pepcid and missed one dose, she's been evil the last few days, not sleeping, not napping, waking extra frequently, not letting me sneak off the bed when she nurses to sleep during the day, blah blah. So today we get the refill on the pepcid and I gave it to her 3 hrs early because she was just wailing away. Nursed for 30 min. and she's been asleep since, this is almost 4 hrs ago.

I asked the pharmacist if the half life of the pepcid was why there was a 30 day limit, or if it spoiled, or oxidized, or what, and he said probably something like that, that it's not so effective after 30 days, so I wonder if ours just got funky at like 25 days or something.

So instead of getting some sleep, dh and I made pizza (sans cheese for me), and we just watched Cirque du Soleil on Bravo. Going to run downstairs and wash my dipes, and then hit the bed. I'm so torn between waking up babe and topping her off or just taking my chances with her sleeping or waking.

G'nite mamas! I love how people freak out about the weather, we might die since we didn't go to the store and stock up on extra bacon and donuts to get us through the big blizzard.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:14 AM

Luka and I have been home all day alone, and frankly it's a little lonely... I'm so used to the sounds of a bustling family. I didn't want to go out today though. We have a busy weekend (for with a baby, anyways) and I wanted Luka to get some good napping in.

It's a major Jewish holiday and we were invited to the home of a woman I've not yet met for dinner (Passover Seder). Now I'm feeling apprehensive about going. I mentioned that Luka can be fussy at that time and she said , "well of coure you have a play pen or something for him." ummmmm now I'm thinking she's thinking babies are placid creatures you can just put down in a cage.... and then she tells me that theirs is a kosher kitchen.... like they're more serious jews than i thought. no biggie cept i start thinking about how none of the boys are circ'd and truly, for some jews that's a serious no-no. so I'm worried about diaper changing all of a sudden... ugh. i think i'm thinking too much. It's a long ceremonial dinner and I'm just hoping Luka enjoys.

oh my... taking me forever to write this and now there are more posts.
stay warm Lisa and Andy-and everyone else who is gonna get hit. better stock up Lisa.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:45 AM

Howdy, mamas.

Rocking twin #1 while dh is trying to settle #2, ds. The boys have their routine--nurse, then rock to radio static. I thought maybe radio static was a boy thing (dd was indifferent to static, & I hate it), but tonight's a bad night for the dd, I think, because she's suddenly really liking it, too. I can't figure what's wrong with her; sounds like some of us just have the fussies lately, I guess. She does have a cyst in her mouth & is liking chewing on a
Soothie, but I have a hard time thinking she's already teething . Babies are so tough sometimes. I'll appreciate later when they can tell me better what the issue is (I'd like to know, for instance, what is so horrible about the car that they're only happy on the freeway?). But then, they'll be able to tell me all kinds of things I don't want to hear, too (e.g., "Mom, Catnip's cooking is so much better than yours"), so maybe it's better that they don't say much right now . . .

Are all the milk supply issues better this week? I actually have probs with too much; I'm a milk machine and the babies can't linger and nurse like they want to. Sort of like fast food vs. fine dining. It caused some trouble and lots of crying for several weeks when my supply shifted (I guess around 6 weeks?). The babies aren't fond of pacifiers, especially if I'm the one trying to give it, and the whole process was very frustrating. I wondered if the babies wouldn't be happier with bottles. But they're finally catching up a little bit so that now and then they can have a leisurely meal and not be forced to chug it down all the time.

Speaking of milk, I second the suggestion of those stiff flannel crib pads in the bed; work great.

Mamabeca--I think you were the one who mentioned Houston being foot-friendly. Houston's got a lot of great features (super international, tons of great food, low cost of living), but it's very sprawly. It's built with the thought that people spend their time inside or in the car (with the AC to the max . . . ). Lots of places in town have no sidewalks, crosswalks, nothing. I've never planned on living here forever (I'm originally from San Antonio, a cleaner, slower, drier place), but now with babies who aren't fond of the car I am even more frustrated with the place then I used to be. Hubby's got a good job here, though, and considering that I just stepped down from my own job last month (I don't know what I was thinking, but no way can I work 40+ hours and maintain my sanity with these babies, giving them all this milk & TLC), so we're even stuck-er here than before.

Moby-style mamas--you should be okay with gauze in warmer weather. Think I remember some dialog about that. Try cotton gz from Hancock--$1.88/yd. Cut it down from 50" wide to about 40" and it should be just fine--works great for us so far.

Haven't updated the pix in a month, but here are my babes; sorry you have to log in...haven't mastered Gallery!
Babes
Preggo me

Thinking of you all (and the Swedes!).
Old 04-23-2005, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi

Argh, I keep coming back to this and then forgetting what I was going to write. My day was sort of like Andy's, except the wild boy child was my own and I can't give him back to anyone. I think the *best* part of the day was when we went into Sears to try and pick up a carseat for my friend's who are visiting. Somehow Makai's diaper fell off and out the leg of his shorts. So, I'm trying to quickly wisk him out of there, but he wants to run and hide in the girls clothing section. I basically drag him out into the center walkway, he's kicking and screaming (did I mention screaming?) I finally, in pure not-knowing-what-the-heck-to-do, start to walk away hoping that he'll follow. No, of course not - that would be too easy. Instead, he decides to squat down and PEE right there in the center aisle of the dratted store, its pooling all over the linoleum floor, the poor Sears customers are trying to walk around it and not slip and crack their heads open in toddler urine. Of course, half the people are looking at me like, why the heck didn't you put a diaper on your kid??? This is how I feel today :
Oh I laughed so hard at your post, Ann!! :LOL DS is doing the ame thing with his diapers. Yesterday he was in the backyard playing. I went out to see what he was up to. He was climbing on his slide/climber thing, and he told me there was poop on it. We have a dog, so I immediately thought he stepped in poop. I asked him and then noticed he was sans diaper. It was HIS POOP Yep, he had taken off his diaper and gotten poop on his slide/climber. YUCK!!!

PM
Old 04-23-2005, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
Then he'll say something like "carry you" like the others did.
Ds would say, "Carry you" or "hold you"...he never really meant it and was puzzled when I said, "cool, I want someone to carry me" :LOL

User Tag List