January Babylicious April Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
on the sleeping Andy. Maybe you can try to get a nap in today? I've heard that babies who sleep more at night is because they got enough during the day. I don't know how true it is but it might be worth a shot. I know more nursing is probably the last thing you want to do right now.
I've kinda been where you're at right now, except our constant nursing is at least during the day. But i've been ready to give in and run down to the cvs for the formula, to get just a little break, and have the baby detached from me for once. I just tell myself give it another few days and then revisit it then. That way I would know I really wanted to give up and it was not just frustration

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Andy, that sounds horrible! What an awful night! You need some sleep, girl. Don't feel bad about fulfilling that need when you have to - it's better for the whole family that you survive and remain sane.

Catnip, great job feeding your baby. Formula is not evil, you know? It's switching to formula because people think it's easier, when it is not the best thing for their baby, that is bad. If your baby does better with some formula supplements, then that's great! Good for you for giving her what's best for her - all the breast milk and antibodies that you have for her, plus formula until she's full.

Last night we took Evelyn to the hash, our "drinking club with a running problem." We shortcutted and walked the shortest possible route almost, but it was still about 3 miles. Far. Weather was good, a little chilly, but Evelyn was warm enough in her fleece jacket and blanket. The blanket kept falling out and Eric ran over it each time, then tripped on it. I am pooped from the exercise and not eating enough. Seems like I can never get enough to eat. She slept less last night, after all the excitement. She just stared and stared for hours, walking and seeing all the people. In the middle we stopped at a bar (Beer Stop). There was loud music and lots of people and flashing lights, but Evelyn still managed to munch a bit. What a good munchkin she is. After your story, Paq, I was worried about it - but she ate. That's my munchkin.

For the pictures: email them to [email protected] so I can get them from work and home. If you can, send a picture for: pregnant, labor, birth, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, etc. - they don't need to be right at the month day, just whatever picture is cutest for the month. Variety is good. I can crop and shrink the pictures, and I'll make them all small so they will load faster and not take up as much space.
#243 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 02:39 PM

I just wanted to tell everyone hello while I had the chance (one hand free; baby #2 is sleeping). It takes a while to peck my way through a post, so let's see how far I get. I'm really happy if I get a chance to read the thread, most days.

First, thx for your praise re: ebf & CD. The CD are possible b/c I have help during the day, and she does all our wash; and also b/c we're using FB; pretty goof proof.

EBF is TOUGH. We started out feeding both at once (when one got hungry, both ate), but as they got older they stopped tolerating the heavy let downs (Niagra Falls or something, seriously), etc. So now I'm letting them try to work out their own schedules, and eat when hungry (& sleep whensleepy). Lots of times their schedules macth, so that sometimescreates probs, esp at night, but we;re managing. Anyway, some days all I do is feed and rock babies. Gets dull fast! Andit's so hard to always be so needed. Like some of you, I wish I could just stuff a bottle intheir mouth and get on with it. But they seem happy, and very healthy, and i'm banking on the fact that this won;t last forever . . . right?!?! : : :

:LOL

You areall qute a busy bunch, so you,ve reaaly inspired me to get out as much as i can; some days it doesn't happen, and the babes are't real fond of the car seats (boring, lonely, and also hot), but i can at least manage groceries, and we take the babies for a walk or something evenings. very hot and sunny here; no walkable shade in this pedestrian UNFRIENDLY city except in a few places, and we spend lots of time in the galleria (#5 mall in US) because we can walk there uninterrupted, and there are lots of private places to nurse (not a big fan of NIP . . . WAY too self-conscious!!). don't cook lately .. . all about prepared and frozen food thse days. :

#2 is up; thanks for sharing your troubles and victories, and your humor and LOVE.

Hugs all around from Houston . . .
#244 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 02:49 PM

Andy. Luka's nursing more- I'm assuming it's a growth spurt. Take a nap today mama.... pamper yourself in whatever way you can.

I had a bad night sleep too- no room in bed and lotsa nursing with sweaty baby on me.

Nicole- I hope Em's tests are all normal!!! let us know!

Oh, my baby needs me....
#245 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 07:04 PM

Just poppin in to say HI. Darn you ladies just chat too much, lol. I know I can't stay on long as I hear Kaitlyn is about to wake from her nap. We are all doing well here just busy, busy!
#246 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 08:05 PM

Thanks so much mamas. We did nap/nurse together for a long time this a.m. like 3 hrs. Then out to do errands in the sling (nurse nurse nurse) and then back to our little corner of the woods and walk/nurse/look for a breast pump (big one) to rent but SOL on that so far. Drag. There's evidently one pharmacy like 20 miles north that carries them but they don't have one right now. huh.

Great to hear from tigermama, (gee, I thought Houston was more ped. friendly, but maybe just parts of it...my parents lived there for a while bc and raved about it, ok - I'm realizing that was like 40 yrs ago! Yikes!!!) You are doing SUCH a great job. I just vented today because I'm so tired, and my dh says to me (AND I QUOTE) So formula feed and paper diaper him, it won't make any difference! AAAARGH! I know he's trying to give me an out, but gee whiz! That hurt. So I just wrapped up bambino and we took the dog for a long walk. Geesh! Jessi - WOW! That sounds like quite a night! It's great that Evelyn loves it and did well. I think they are so super at this age, as long as mama is close by, they're really pretty social. Ori today went to the lady in a store I went to (ooooh, what a cool store!) for like 20+min while I walked around looking. I only bought stuff for birthday parties coming up, but it was GREAT that he was hanging with her so comfortably. She was a major snuggly mama, that one. I think she would'a paid me to keep that babe a little longer! LOL!

Karen - are you feeling better? I'm sorry for you too - on the tough sweaty night of sleep. That, at least, isn't a problem here yet. Two more months and it'll be roasty, though. I am seriously considering what to do about the hot summer ... nursing is so much harder when I'm not comfortable.

Time to get myself into the kitchen and clean up. Well, as always, it's lovely chatting! Nicole, I'm praying for good results! Lots of hugs, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#247 of 497 Old 04-14-2005, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Andy, sadly, that's how men think.. "me man. me see problem. me fix. give bottle." rather than come up with other solutions. I think Ori must be growing, he's boosting your supply the fastest way he can. *hugs* mama!

So we finally got a Trader Joes, and I went, and I was so bummed, they aren't going to carry ricedream icecream. BUT while I was bitching to the cashier about it, she told me to hit the HFS on the way home and check there, not only do they have 6 flavors of ricecream AND drumsticks and sandwiches, they have a soft serve oatcream machine! It's sorta on the way to the ice cream place at the beach that we love, so it looks like on nights everyone else wants ice cream I can stop there for a cone and enjoy too.

Lauren's crashed out on the bed, dog on the floor snoring, dh on the roof doing who knows what with his wireless internet antenna. I think he wants to see if he can network the neighborhood and then sell access to all the neighbors. So far the signal goes nearly 1/2 mile down the street, so that's most of our block and then some.

Got the maitai yesterday in the mail, but haven't had a chance to put Lauren in it, she's been fussy.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#248 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 12:31 AM

LOL on dh's radar signals lisa! Not radar...satellite! Not satellite, WIA! Ok, I'm a dunce about it.

Who knows anything about fenugreek and/or bumping up milk supply w/o waking up every 45 min????? I have found a local LC (I think) whom I will try to contact about a pump tomorrow. I went to FOUR pharmacies and they all looked at me like what are you, some kind of COW? Geesh.

Good bye Coby Good bye Coby Good bye Coby, so glad to see you go. (sorry non-survivor watching people. I'm a little loopy...)

Tough break on Trader Joes...they won't ORDER it for you? That's lame. I'm glad the hfs has it. I complained because our hfs only had like some weird coffee flavor that I don't like, and they went and ordered me a whole carton of the mint rice dream round ones, whatever those are, with non-dairy chocolate dip on them. VERY evil. Ice cream on the beach...ENJOY!!
G'nite! Andy

#249 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 01:27 AM

Luka and I went to visit our friend today. Did a prenatal on her adn ate together. She's pregnant adn I'm nursing- we eat well together (actually always have!). Luka was ok on the long ride there, but on the way home we had to stop in town and tire him. I was in the hfs and he was FUSSY, so we left. I had him and a wagon of stuff and after putting stuff in the car, he was really crying. I was trying to get the wagon off the street adn onto the sidewalk and all these people were there, and no one helped. I was obviously floundering with the babe crying.... what's UP with people. There was a guy begging for $$ not 2 feet from me (and able bodied),.... ugh :

Andy- are you thinking your milk supply is too low? Why waking every 45 minutes? Fenugreek can be taken alone or with blessed thistle- both 3 caps, 3X/day. Taking caps or tinctures is better than tea because the dosage is more consistent- should take about 24-72 hours to see an increase.
You can also try breast compression- when Orin is latched on well, breast compression can help the milk flow more quickly and keep him interested in feeding for longer.
I'm glad you got in a good nap too!!!

Lisa- have you tried the rice dream sandwich things??? YUMMM! I'm not a huge rice dream ice cream fan, but these are soooo yummy. oatmeal cookies with ice cream in between and covered in carob. they are delish. tofutti cuties are yummy too- though i think you might be avoiding soy as well.
#250 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 03:13 AM

Hi, quick hello, I am still catching up on the posts, not to the end yet. just wanted to say thanks Ann for the dipes! Yeah, the covers still fit great and are out favorite type. I am washing the prefolds before use as suggested, but they are the ones we prefer too.

Welcome back KAren, thanks for the tips on the sun.

I'll probably be less active next week or two cause SIL and her 4 kids are coming from Sweden. Looking forward to hanging out and having the kids meet Iris, and have her hear more swedish. But we are super money stressed right now so visitors are stressful, cause I won't be able to be the type of hostess I like to be, being cheapo on food and not able to go do fun things and eat out lots....Oh well. The beach is free! Just need sun screen, baby umbrella, sun proof suit-argh! Never mind. I can get stressed about anything right now!

Oh, and miss E's smile is so great. Fuun to see her, she's closest in age to Iirs.

Heidi
#251 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Karen, mmm yes! I picked up a mocha sandwich while I was there, ended up having that last night before bed - nearly 300 calories in the darn thing! You'd think being rice it MIGHT be a little healthier for me?!?!?! They had 4-6 flavors of the sandwiches, at least 4 rice cream flavors, and the drumsticks too. YUM.

Andy, lol, my geeky husband got out the ladder and climbed on the roof while I was at TJs yesterday to play with his toys. Bad bad man, there is no way he could have heard Lauren from up there!

I'm so glad I nurse over the potty bowl at night - Lauren just had the BIGGEST poo ever, it woke dh (hahaha) and it's 10000x easier to just put her down on a clean dipe than to wipe up explosive poo from inside a dipe. If only I were that good during the day about catching stuff.

I hear her talking, I put her down to let the dog out because she was pretty content, but I think she wants to finish breakfast now. I'm on a personal challenge to drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water for 10 days straight. I've been way dehydrated and drinking too much flavored kids drinks and soda recently. Tried on Weds. but didn't quite make it, got all 85 oz. in yesterday, yaay, going for it again today. I might drown or float away, we'll see.

-L

#252 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:10 AM

Andy- sory to hear you are going through a rough patch. Bummer about not finding a pump. Oh men know it all especially when it comes to bf, lol. Yeah Coby was getting on my nerves also. Waaaahh I'll just stay and catch the bait you go off and learn to fish, waaa waaa...Couldn't believe the look on Janu's face, think she's gone next week or they might keep her for a bit longer since she's no threat w/IC's. Those idiots jumpin off for cookies and donuts? I mean the pizza I might of but come on people.

Lisa- sorry they don't carry it. You could always request it, wouldn't hurt.

Heidi- enjoy your company! the beach sounds like a blast.

Jessi- what are you doing with the pictures. I haven't gotten a chance to ready past this page

Well I think I am giving up trying to nurse I can't deal with rejection no more. I think I just need to make peace with just pumpin for another year. It's just so dissappointing since I quite early with my first, and was determined to nurse the next one till she weaned herself but alas wasn't meant to be. Thanks for all your kind words and support through this all, I appreciate it!!
#253 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:26 AM

morning mamas! Ori an I are here - he had a bunch of tummy time and then back time on the gymini...I remember doing this for dd, too. Problem is now we have a dog that LOVES the baby, won't leave him alone and he comes up covered in dog hair. Slept a bit better last night - every two hrs is so much better.

Couple of things on the milk supply: I do think I am making sufficient supply right now btw. but I am going to try to pump milk for a NYC adventure in June (dd's b'day) that doesn't fully include ds. Broadway play in the evening. I'd like to leave the sitter (a friend) w/a big ole bottle full to satiate him if he does wake. #2 is I'm thinking I can *help* increase me milk so that Ori doesn't *have* to wake every 45 min. to get the job done. We ALL know he can do that, this is just a sanity saver. Thanks for the info Karen! I'm hoping to get a breast pump soon, so I'd like there to be sufficient for EXTRA pumping. kwim?

I HATE Hate hate it when people just look on at someone who could use a hand and stare, like they are in straight jackets and couldn't possibly help. Idjits. I'm sorry that happened Karen. Good news on the hfs visit tho - always nice to restock the homefront! It sounds like the actual car ride was less painful this time round, which is GREAT!

Heidi - enjoy the beach! It's so not a part of life in Sweden, I'm sure it's something that will be endlessly entertaining for SIL and family. Also other free stuff, like kite flying, can be done there as well. YEA for the BEACH! I miss it a lot. This is the first time in a while I've lived away from the shore (but not the first time).

Well, I tried the swing, but I'm hearing a lot of babbling which could be construed as complaining... Better go a rescue. LOL Andy

#254 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:41 AM

aak! 2 posts before I got that one finished. sigh. Thanks Laura. I'm so sorry about your own bf woes! Hey - the breasts are theere. If she ever does show interest, it'll be fine to just swap over when she's ready. She's still a weeney little fairy, lots of time for her to turn a corner...or not. If not, you have still done this AMAZING job of getting your milk into her for SUCH a long time. You have been doing so much for 6 very long months Laura. Give yourself a TON of credit! If you are going to stop trying to breastfeed, why not splurge on a new blouse or dress for yourself (one that totally doesn't encourage breastfeeding!), or a new used one (thinking vintage here) or something. Celebrate your efforts and give yourself some comfort knowing you are still getting that yummy milk into her tummy!

We thought it would be fun to build a collage of pictures of ourselves and our babies and families. So everyone is sending a bunch (like 5ish) pictures to Jessitron and she's putting it together (THANKS Jessi!)

Lisa - my dh runs off ALL the time when he's supposed to be listening for the babyl. I wanted to get these cool new baby monitor thingees that are really more like a 2-way walkie talkie and have a big range on them, but they're like $60 and noone bought them for us. Oh well. He seems to figure it out and usually rescues the baby before he's been crying too long. Speaking of which, gotta go! Andy

#255 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 AM

Hey Mamas! Brynn is *still* sleeping, so I've got a moment to write... wow, what a lot of chattering there's been this week!

Andy, sorry it's been a tough time for you and Ori both. EBF'ing sure isn't always easy, is it? I also think that these little ones are going through a growth spurt, so take comfort in the hope that it won't last long! Brynn was on the breast almost constantly from mid-afternoon to mid-evening... apparently she feels like the shrimp in the family , and is doing her best to change that... and fast!

Lisa, cool about finding all the Rice cream sandwiches! Ooooh, they are good.... but I agree - why can't they be good for you? Sometimes I convince myself that soy icecream is *really* health food..... maybe that's the problem with my pants not fitting so great...

Karen... on that tough time! Ugh... why can't people help when you need it, and shaddup when you don't!

Heidi, enjoy the beach! It sounds wonderful... I think we're about due for a trip to the Gulf ourselves.

We've had a busy week and finally bought ourselves a new car... a brand spankin' new Focus wagon (see it here) Wow, can I say how nice it is to *finally* have A/C? I can't believe we made it through almost a year here without it! It's already pretty darn hot some days here.... not complaining mind you... I'll save that for July & August when it's 112 degrees out!

We've determined that Brynn is a very, very tooty girl. Seriously, if I bicycle her legs at any random point in the day, it's simply astounding (and impressive!) what comes out of this little girl's tushy! Daddy is proud...
I've also come to learn that Mama eating beans = MUCHO discomfort for Miss Brynn. I rinse them super well at home when we eat them, but we went out for Mex. the other night and holy moly did that wreak havoc on my poor girl's digestive tract! Poor girl... she is a baby who so rarely cries, and she was in such distress and pain. Thank heavens for mycelon drops and thank heavens for the art of leg bicycling! Oh, and "daddy dancing" ~ my DH is *the* best. We had driven about an hour from home for a celebratory Starbucks trip the night after we bought our new car, and she got gassy on the way home.... trust me, no fun. So without a second thought, he hopped out of the car and began to dance & bop around with her right outside the Wendy's drive thru! Oh, how i laughed... seeing Brynn's "serious dancing" face and his crazy moves, right outside the crowded drivethru was just too much to bear. Now tell me, how many men would do that? Boy, did it help get those gas bubbles moving too.

Yesterday DH qualified for "best dad ever" award again by taking Tess out with him on a full day of errands. Wow... what a tremendous difference it is to just have a babe to care for! It was such a neat experience for me because I think when my DD#1 was a baby I didn't quite appreciate how simple that is in comparison, and so my point of reference was different. Now, after months with 2 babes, having just 1 for the day was a piece of cake! We lazed about, while she snoozed I almost finished the book I've been reading for ages, then we took a long (and quiet!) walk. It was so peaceful. When we got home she hung out watching from her bouncy chair while I cleaned up the kitchen and prep'd dinner. I felt so refreshed when DH & Tess returned home, and it was fun to hear about all her adventures and just enjoy her for those few hours before bedtime. It's not that either stage is particularly difficult ~ each is easy & challenging in it's own way ~ but combining the different needs of a 3 month old and an almost-3-yr old can be intense. So it was a nice treat
#256 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Ooooh, forgot to say that I *love* the collage idea! Great thought, Andy! And thank Jess for putting it all together. Gee, think I might have a few pictures of Brynn kicking around somewhere.....???
#257 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 11:13 AM

Hey all!

Sweetpeasmom, I wanted to add that if you've ever read Jack Newman's guide to bf (or if you haven't), he cites examples of babies at 20-some months, whose mom had been pumping all along, and had a supply, and suddenly the baby was able to latch on. So you never know down thr road...
#258 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Wow I post this morning, nurse Lauren back to sleep, and there are a million things to read!

Andy, I'm finally getting back to resorting those clothes Is Beca a girly girl? Because there is a pair of fake satin pjs here too, size 8, just asking to be worn.
Fenugreek - you know you are taking the right dose when your urine and sweat smells like maple syrup.

Laura, you're super. That's all I have to say. Just super!

Lauren is sleeping, I'm burning waffles because I'm sitting here typing, and it's COLD in here today. Must get these kids clothes dealt with this morning and maybe take down the screens on the porch, doggy has shredded them and they were old to begin with. Maybe I'll be adventuresome enough to rescreen them again this summer.

Lisa

#259 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 11:50 AM

Andy, did you try your local hospitals about renting a pump? If they have a maternity ward I' imagine they'd have them to rent. I know both hospitals around here do. Also I an almost full box of mother's milk tea if you pm me your address I'll mail it to you. I've heard that it can help your supply but I've also heard that it doesn't do much of anything either way I didn't like that taste so I won't drink it.
Try a hfs store for the Fenugreek and blessed thistle. I've never seen tinctures or non-"mainstream" herbs at the drugstore around here, but they have them at hfs. Also just using the pump, when you find one, frequently will get your supply up. Thats what I had to do. I pumped and pumped and pumped getting a coating to 1/2 for almost a week and it gradually built up. I can get 4-5ozs a day now. Though sometimes Miss E will be extra hungry and drink all my extra milk and I have granny boobs and can't pump much of anything. Or if I go a day or two without pumping then I'm back to getting 1oz a day, but then I'll pump a few times, instead of just once or twice, and the next day I'll have a little more. I don't know why but I like to talk about my pumping

Laura on giving up offering the breast. that had to be a hard choice to make

Karen panhandlers are a bummer. I don't know about HI but here there are quite a few that have made a career out of it. I work in Boston so I see so many of them. There are quite a few that have been panhandling the whole 5 years, probably longer. I know this girl who used to sit out in harvard sq begging for change anytime she needed money there were times she'd get close to $200 a day and this was 8 years ago.

tigerpurring I think most of us are out about so much because we have older ones and have to keep life going somewhat like it was before. I think its awesome that your still ebf the twins you are a

Jessi when I get a chance I'll find some photos to mail to you. Thats really cool that you'll do that I don't even know if I have any pg pictures thoough

slygrrl the pants don't fit because they shrunk in the wash those rice dream sandwichs have nothing to do with it, its those dryers to your dh

Heidi have fun with your sil. I'm sure they'll be happy just to see you and you family.

I got a drying rack yesterday. I'm so happy. Now our place won't have diaper covers drying all over, and I'll be able to take some diapers out to dry in the sun once the weather gets nicer.
I just changed a diaper and the diaper pail is so full it won't shut I guess I'm a little behind on diaper laundry so I'm off to the basement

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#260 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 12:13 PM

Wow that was a two load bag full. We have been going through so many more diapers since we have been using cd at night. I think its pretty interesting especially after reading all the ec stuff. Its like Elizabeth knows she doesn't want to be wet at night (she hates being wet) and holds most of her pee until the morning. I've changed her 3 times in an hour. When we first started cd in the morning, as I'm sure you remeber she was totally soaking everything, even 3inserts in a fuzzibuns. Now its the next diaper thats soaked.

We're havign a christening for both children (ds was never done) and I have a question for who ever has done one, Nicole I think. Anyway should we send out invations? Or just a phone call? The only christening I've been too (except a coupld when I was very young) was my nephews and my sister and I were living together at the time so obviously I didn't get an inivation. DH thinks a phone call is enough for everything. He wanted to invite people to out wedding with phone calls! So obviously I need a second opinion on this one.

#261 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Andy what is a nursing necklace? I've been meaning to ask but it just keeps slipping my mind

#262 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Not Andy, but Az I can answer your question. A nursing necklace is a sturdy necklace, usually with large, interesting beads that is meant for a nursling to play with while they nurse. It is sometimes to prevent pinching, or to keep a baby focused on nursing if they tend to get distracted. I made the nursing necklace that I wore with Tess, but this time I'm eyeballing these... they're SO gorgeous! I ordered the desert jewel for my friend when she had her baby in December, and when it came I couldn't help but peek. They're so pretty.

I wanted to post an "in progress" picture of the soaker I'm knitting. I'm not sure how big it'll be (likely too big for Brynn just yet), but I'm just trying to get an idea of how easy it is and how I like them. Here it is!

Time to grab the second coffee of the morning (sneaking it in just 15 minutes before the noon bell tolls!) BOY do I need it.... the down side of yesterday's break?? Today I feel more irked by the balancing act of 2 small ones... oh well, we'll see what my friend the coffee bean can do for me.
#263 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 03:08 PM

Aloha mamas!
Last night was a leaky night. Luka's nursing patterns change and several times last week I woke with a wet shirt or wet sheets. Last night though was major. I woke up and my right breast was rock hard and I was in a puddle of milk. He had done to sleep for the night at 6:45 (wow). Of course the puddle was right in the middle of the bed, where I was stuck.... the king is just NOT big enough. I hate getting stuck in the middle! And then this am we had a slightly leaky diaper- but that was to be expected because I didn't even put on a thick insert for nighttime when Luka had fallen asleep. sigh. the sheets were fresh. but it's all ok.

Laura- !!! main thing is that Megan is still getting super mommy milk. You ROCK mama!

Heidi- have fun with the family! DOn't stress to much abotu the $$, or lack thereof. It doesn't require big $ to have fun! We just spent all that money on that hotel, and our best day there was when we went to the regular beach. free adn great!

Andy- did you not buy that monitor thing?? I never had one with the other kids but our houses were much smaller then. I was thinking it would be nice to have something so I could hang laundry outside w/o being all worried about my babe alseep. I've notcied that if I can get him to stay asleep in the bed, he sleeps much better and is in a much better mood.

Kathy- congrats on the new car!! woo hoo! A/C is where it's ALL at! and also congrats on having the best dad ever! I hope he knows how much you appreciate him! on the beans=gas. I love beans. I ate beans yesterday and Luka was fine. perhaps she'll grow out of this??
I so hear you on having one child for the day. Even when your other kids are 8 and 12 and very self sufficient, having them home is still extra work. The days I spend alone at home with Luka are precious to me and so EASY- though in my case I have none of their extra hands, which are awesome!
#264 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 05:29 PM

Hey - It's so good to reality check... I got in touch w/the local LC who DOES have a rental for me. I have to buy the parts poack for $50, which is a bummer, but she only charges $2 a day or $50/month, so I can try it first and not be in too deep. The Fenugreek is WOOOORKING! What a cool little trick. He pulls a lot less on my nips now, too, trying to get more milk. It did occur to me, does it make it so that there is way more fore or aft milk? Or is the proportion about the same? Hmmmmm.

Nice car Kathy! I looked at the other stuff on your blog (isn't that like prying?!) and you write very well (and take awesome pics, too!). It's great how all your new stuff is coming together well this year. A new lawn, a new wagon to move stuff to fill up that new lawn, a new baby to buy new stuff for to fill up that new wagon to move it to that new lawn... LOL! The soakers look like they'll be super soft... yummm! You've done a LOT so far!!! How's that coffee do ya???

My brother did this weird thing. He's in an improv group in NYC, and they got together about 30 or 40 people and descended upon a nightclub for the opening act (unknown even to them). Then, when it was time for the main act, they all left. The main act then played for like 4 people, packed up and went home. They weren't mad, but it was like, WTF? So NPR did an interview of the improv director (who pegged my brother who got a zillion phone calls, mostly from old college buds and frat brothers) about this, (how they heard about it is beyond knowing). Since that first time, they've done a repeat performance twice more. They all have to pay to get in, and the bands share a cut of the door take, so it's not a bad thing, but sort of mean, or weird. Anyway, he's getting a bunch of press about this, now, which is such a riot!

Ok, I'm sending out one nursing necklace, any other takers? I'm going to try to get to the bead store this weekend (there's a bead store in Albany, only beads, how cool is that!). Ori plays with my necklace a lot. I just take it off at night, because the thread is loooong. I wouldn't want any unintentional strangulations... if anyone is getting strangulated, it'll be on purpose!

Karen - once the warmer weather is here, I think the open windows will help with hearing the baby. Also, we have a really old monitor (from dd) so I can't really complain. Just 'cause it doesn't work isn't a reason to go out and buy a whole new one... Well, even if it was, I rarely miss his cry. Sorry about the wet bed. Do you have a wool or waterproof pad on the bed? I find them kinda hot, but they sure save a lot of scrubbing of mattresses in our house! Ori double dribbles a lot at night, and I leak, and together we sweat... it's def. a wet kind of thing. Is it just the 3 of you in the bed? And it's too small? Well, I'm sure glad that it isn't just ME feeling that way. I just keep remembering the family I stayed with for a couple of nights in the bush in Zim., who had ONE bed for the entire family 7 kids, but only 4 in the bed, inc. a newborn, and the older kids couldn't get outta there fast enough! They (the big kids)often slept on the roof of the kitchen hut, which rarely had any bugs because of the smoke from the cooking fire. Just amazing.

Ok, gotta run. I KNOW there was something else I wanted to post... major milky brain over here. Lots of hugs mamas!!! andy

#265 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

lol Andy, dh was just telling me that story 2 days ago after listening to it. I'm now cool because I know you and you are related to one of "those" people.
Pretty please make me a nursing necklace!

Rather than doing my patriotic duty of finishing our taxes while Lauren napped, I snuck down to the basement and broke out my dharma dyes and played. It was almost like coloring easter eggs, I managed to dye about half of the cpfs and my fingers.

Now I'm back on the couch nursing away, and the taxes are nowhere near done.

#266 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 06:32 PM

Bad Lisa! Are you filing for an extension?
Taxes were kinda fun this year because it was our first year owning a house.

Cool about the prefolds. I'm buying dyed ones because the plain are so boring. No time to dye here.

Karen, ouch about the engorgement and puddle. We get so happy that they sleep a long time, but it's not all good.

Andy, your siggy line is mostly confusing because of the "whole baby" part - when I read it, I think, "You only had to bring part of him home?"

I should get to work, ugh
#267 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 06:34 PM

LOL Lisa! Isn't that the weirdest thing! I don't know where my brother got the idea for it, just meant it to be funny, but oh well! As Mick Jagger said, there is no such thing as bad press! Get those taxes done, girl, although, hey aren't I speaking to geekville house over there...your dh probably can tap into the damn IRS databanks and reset their clocks, file 20 min. late and it'll still be early! LOL!

On our way to the park, and I THEN remember, OMG, the baby is upstairs sleeping! He's been asleep so long I completely forgot he was even there! YIKES! Well, needless to say we're still HERE. I'm waiting for that first peep that says "HEY when I fell asleep there was a BREAST over here...WHAT HAPPENED~?~" But nothing yet. Gotta love that. The one time we're aching to get outta here and he's just snoozing away. sheesh!

Cool, 2 necklaces... lmk if you want one, any one else.

#268 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 06:38 PM

grrrr.... can my kids be MORE annoying??? everyone is calling mommy at the same time. they are all talking over each other.... and my baby is asleep. shouldn't i get some alone time??!??!?

OK. I'm done with that.

Andy- we have a fleece pad on the bed which has been wokring great (actually it's a blanket). there's also a mattress pad (not waterproof) under that and then under that is the tempurpedic stuff. all is protected just fine. we have a lot of dribbling and stuff usually, but this was a major leak- like I had when Luka was first born. I'll just stick the bottom sheet in the washer today.
we have a king with all 3 of us in it. funny I was dreaming last night about getting a twin to put next to it - for any of us to be in. dh woke up and said Maybe we can put something small in this space here adn get rid of a nightstand. thing is we've shared the bed with 3 kids now- this time we just have less tolerance for less space! With Ra'am we were in a full for a year! so we might get another one or wait a little for when our geust bed is free (in 3 weeks or so) and see if that works for us.

Oooh, I'd LOVE to dye some diapes..... I think I have some purple dye somewhere..... we mostly use the pf for breastmilk adn stuff.
#269 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
On our way to the park, and I THEN remember, OMG, the baby is upstairs sleeping! He's been asleep so long I completely forgot he was even there! YIKES! Well, needless to say we're still HERE. I'm waiting for that first peep that says "HEY when I fell asleep there was a BREAST over here...WHAT HAPPENED~?~" But nothing yet. Gotta love that. The one time we're aching to get outta here and he's just snoozing away. sheesh!
so you left the house w/o the child??? lol (and scary too!). pooor poor Orin.

Maybe I'd like a nuirsing necklace?? Luka's been hanging on all my necklaces that are not meant to be hung on. maybe this would be a better alternative?
#270 of 497 Old 04-15-2005, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

UGH!! Andy, I'm having an afternoon like your nights. Lauren took a nap until 2, wanted to nurse for 40 min. and then I put her in the mai tai on my back - super cool! and she got cranky after a bit so I decided that maybe we'd take a nap... she nursed and nursed and fussed and nursed and pooed and nursed and nursed and pooed more, and kept nursing for nearly 2 hours. I swear my nipples are raw. I HAVE to get the taxes done, so I climbed out of bed and gave her to dh, I told him that I need an hour, and if it means putting her in the sling and going walking, then he needs to take a LOOONG walk. She's been yelling all day too, which is really cute, but I'd prefer she just took a nap! At this point it's futile since bedtime is in 2 hours, but geesh!

Back to taxes. I've been shopping ebay all afternoon since I can't concentrate on taxes while nursing, the new hunt on ebay is for Gymboree clothing. Uber cute and sooooo expensive.

Jessi, ooh first year with a house means big tax return for all the interest paid.

I'll be back when I figure out why I keep getting an error (audit flag) when I run the final thingy.. something about dh and the home office, but of course I can't remove the problem!

Lisa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page