Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey mamas, I see no one has started a thread! Well, here it goes

It is our first month with our "Life with a babe"

My girl is 15 days old today! Amazing!

Who has questions? Who has baby ideas? What is anyone working on? Do you have time to work? :LOL

I am trying to work on some fitted diapers- my prefolds are just not cutting it. I am going back to my first pattern, becasue I tried to make the process go faster, but my dipes are just not as cute- so I am going to spend the extra 15-30min per dipe making them cute- I figure summer is on her way and my baby will be coverless most of the summer so she better be cute!

Now finding time to get it all done is the hard part! I guess I should be doing that instead of chatting here :LOL

Also, I am working on getting out her announcments (sp) I have taken like a zillion photos and got the perfect one tonight! http://kids.corelevel.com/gallery/breeze/Dsc04635
So now I have to break open photo shop and do some editing- I will share the end product with you all

Okay- off to call my mom, then do some sewing!

Hugs to all our new MARCH babies and mamas!

Let the year begin!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2005, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Took my mom to the airport this morning. She just called and she's halfway home. The kids and I miss her already (DD cried at the airport). At least she left behind about a week's worth of cooked meals. Thinking of going to see the LC at the hospital tomorrow so that I can use their pump and hopefully get rid of these plugged ducts. Nothing else I have tried is working. I'm quite a sight w/ my half hard half soft breasts. :LOL

Ang, that photo is adorable! I think I have also decided on the one to use on DS' announcement.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
Old 04-02-2005, 06:43 PM

Ang Breeze is soooo precious! I just love her name!

Today was my first day alone- I really miss having an extra pair of hands around! They weren't kidding when they said the first few weeks would be hard! I would be in tears too if my mom lived far away!
But we're doing ok- Grey is making me rest a lot- he's only happy when we're in bed BF and cuddling! But I have been overdoing it (I felt great so I went to a few of my classes last week- bad idea- I ran up 3 flights of stairs and the building was way too hot!) so I'm glad Grey's looking out for his silly mama.

I have so much school work to get done- deadline is April 13 for most of it! Thank God my Dad is coming down to stay with me next week!

I hope all mamas are doing well and taking it easy!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Old 04-02-2005, 07:18 PM

We are doing pretty well here, aside from some "colic" issues. I don't know what else to call it besides "gassy" and colic comes out easier. Probably due to the fact I am in love with tomato products and just can't seem to avoid them. So I am doing it to us. (sigh) We have a few hours most evenings when Logan screams his poor head off and nothing I do helps. I feel really awful for him, but I just talk in a quiet voice that I know he likes when he's not MAD and I put on a CD I mixed for him, "Logan's sleepy mix" and just keep playing it. Conversely we have a really happy time in the morning between 6 and 9am or so. He wiggles and laughs and smiles and kicks. I have sent my mother soooo many face shots she asked what the rest of him was looking like! LOL He is already growing out of his 0-3 month things, he was 22 inches at birth so I knew it was bound to happen. My family is still sending me clothes and thankfully they are sending 6-9 mo things!!!!

We had to go to the laundramat today because the dryer in our apartment complex broke and there is only one washer and one dryer per building. Thankfully I fed him all up and he slept the whole time we were there. The lady atendant there didnt look like she would care much for a crying baby or me bfing him either.

I have been trying to keep up on my scrapbooking while i am off. So far I am only three weeks behind, which is better than before I had not even scrapbooked the christmas pictures! So I am catching up at least.

I left a last post on our March mamas thread about "how do you know if you have yeast in the nipple area?" I really dont have anyone else to ask besides you girls. I would not want to have symptoms and let it go because I was ignorant of what to do.

Okay enough babbling from me. I have to go change little man's diaper, it has been pretty noisy as I was typing!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:54 PM

You are one crazy mama, Jen, going to class last week! Then again, I did that w/ dd... went back to class 2 weeks after she was born. I am still not sure how I managed that one.

My dad is making Jacob's announcements - he's drawn some baby animals and we just have to get our black and white film processed (I can't help it, I'm a purist when it comes to photography - nothing but *real* black and white film for black and whites), pick out one of the photos, and then he'll get it ready to go at his work and we'll have them printed. I'm trying to figure out how I want to word everything - I want to work in that he was born at home somehow, without it becoming the *focus* of the announcement, KWIM? Any ideas?

We're having to avoid dairy. Definitely straight milk, and it looks like I should probably avoid significant amounts of cheese. Cooked milk (like in gravies) doesn't bother Jacob, but melted cheese does... go figure. Luckily I figured it out pretty quickly. I haven't tried yogurt yet to see what he thinks of it, I want to try to keep out dairy entirely for a little while.

We stopped using our cloth dipes for a bit because the wraps were really irritating his cord stump. Today it's hanging on by the barest thread, so hopefully it will fall completely off today or tomorrow and we can go back to the cloth diapers.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 04-02-2005, 09:52 PM

We are still trying to adjust to our new life here. Quinten is a pretty high need baby like his brother was. We put off having another baby for several years knowing what it could be like. Although we tried to prepare ourselves, we hoped this one might be easier. Of course, we still love him like crazy . Sleep is a major issue and I am absolutely exhausted. I keep reminding myself that it is only for a short time and then I will miss my tiny little newborn. This guy nurses like crazy! He eats for 45 min to an hour at a time and then is ready to go right back on w/ in a few minutes. I can't even think about getting any projects done with this little guy. I did make a wetbag during a nap yesterday and today. I really should be napping w/ him instead of doing projects. I jot down notes on a piece of paper while bfing but have yet to write anything in the baby book. Announcements--yikes! I need to get on those. WE had some gorgeous professional portraits done at our home two weeks ago, but I can't affor to use them as announcements. I could scan a print and use it w/ out telling the photographer, but we don't even have our copies yet. I need to get on the ball and take some more of my own . Ang, that one of Breeze is beautiful. Can't wait to see the final product.
I am still needing to rest after 3 weeks. I feel great (ok, very sleep deprived, lol) but started bleeding again. It had stopped after a week but every time I do anything but sit around it starts up again. After having the d and c and finding out about the scar tissue on my uterus it makes me nervous. I really want to get this healed up. In the meantime, I am just hanging out at home being antisocial. I have to say I kind of enjoy the excuse to not have to get out and do much.
Hope everyone else is doing well. I'd love to see more recent pictures. I will try to get some done and post them.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:23 AM

Yay! On to Life With a Babe!

I've finished Reid's announcements, but haven't gotten all of them mailed yet. I still have some notes to write in quite a few of them. Here they are, though. We liked both of the versions we made, so we just had half and half printed, then shuffled them and stuffed the envelopes with whichever one came up. We sent both to the grandparents, though. Here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/39657faf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/becf9fc6.jpg

We took Reid on his first car trip this weekend-to take my mother home after she stayed with us for the week. She was such a big help! It was about a 2-hour drive each way, and we stayed the night. The thing I love most about sharing sleep is that he didn't even notice that we weren't at home-he still had the comfort of both of us, so it went without a hitch. Yay! He didn't mind the car trip much, and it was just the right length for us to get all of the way home without having to stop to feed him. Happy baby!

My cracked nipple suddenly feels much better this evening! I haven't been able to air it out as well the past two days because I've been wearing him in the sling more, but dh is going skiing in the morning and Reid and I are just going to lounge around in bed...I think I'll just hang it out there all day in hopes that it continues to heal. The combination of putting breastmilk on it, then lansinoh, then letting it air out, plus having the baby nurse on the other side first seems to have worked wonders! I was having nightmares of this continuing for weeks....

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
Old 04-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Patchfire-we also used sposies for a little while also, because his cord area was bothering him so much. One day he was just SCREAMING and wouldn't eat, and we finally figured out that it was his cord stump. It took some major gymnastics to get some food in him to stop his screaming without bothering the area...we went through all of our diaper options before we realized that the disposables that a friend had given us were the ONLY ones that didn't bother him. Poo. But it made him happy, and we were back to cloth in just a night. The funny thing was that I could not for the LIFE of me keep those disposables from leaking!! Cloth-no problem! But the other ones.....I just have no clue how to put them on.

Old 04-03-2005, 03:58 AM

Sara- those announcements are gorgeous! You made them yourself? Great job. I have been trying to do something along those lines but just can't find enough time to work at the computer.
Glad your nipple is improving. Enjoy lounging in bed
Oh, we used sposies for a bit too. Part was for the cord stump and also 'cause of my recovery time-I did not want dh to have to wash the diapers on top of taking care of everything else. We all survived, but I am happy to be back to cloth.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:21 PM

Thanks, bubbles! Dh took the photos, and I did the computer junk. We just had them printed (as photos) at Costco (warehouse store) for $0.17 each, and then stuffed them into envelopes with a cute cartoon baby wearing a green prefold and snappi that I drew printed onto it. I think they came out really nicely for not much money. Before the stamp I think I spent $0.25 each (plus the cost of my printer ink, which surely isn't cheap).

Old 04-03-2005, 02:31 PM

Well .. we're at 5 weeks old now, and things are not going well for us.

Melly's got wicked thrush, and nothing seems to be helping it. We've even gone the allopathic route, and it just gets worse and worse. it's doing a wicked number on her feedings/latch .. which is disturbing enough considering how drastically my milk supply's gone down already.

we're just having it rough right now .. please, tell me it gets better?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:43 PM

weebitty2 i am so sorry things are difficult. i know nothing about thrush so i have no help there. i know that in general baby issues improve with time. i hope you get things figured out and that you have some support. hang in there mama. i will be thinking of you.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

weebitty2- I am sorry I am also having a lower supply of milk. With my first DD I was like a flood gate every time she nursed or I thought of her- this time my breast are only "hard" a few times in 24 hours- and my leaking is like a spot or two a day. With my first I could leak and be totally wet to my pants. I dont know much about thrush- I would ask on the BFing board if you have not already!

Has anyone had relations? I had a very easy birth, but I am still having major pelvic pain. I am wanting to venture to that area, however I am very scared, and I remember trying at 4 weeks after my first and breaking into tears, this time I am nearly 3 weeks out, but I am just so worried of the pain

Bubbles- LOVE the photos :LOVE That is the type of look I am going for- but have not had a second to do them beyond getting the picture done.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire
Christine, I hate to tell you this, but I wore breast pads with dd until she was 18 months old. I have overachieving breasts!
Oh no!

Ang - we've, um, thought about "relations" and I think I'm well enough for it but then DH and I each got horrid colds and we never did. Maybe soon! :LOL

I can't believe we are all finally out of "I'm Pregnant!" Yay for us!

Owen was baptised on Sunday and it was a beautiful service. I'm ashamed to say that the priest talked about my baby more than he did the pope! I come from a small family and it was so nice to have all of both mine and DH's huge family there.

Owen's 4 mo. old cousin was at the baptism party and I can't believe how big she is. I esp. can't imagine that my little newborn will EVER be that big (or bigger)!

So what are you all doing for fun with your babies? Its just now warm enough here to go for a walk. My sister bought him a "activity center" thingy where he can lie on his back and kick things, he has taken a tiny bit of interest in that.

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM

Sara, Reid's announcements are gorgeous!

, weebitty. I avoided the specter of thrush with dd, and I keep fearing it this time. I hope it gets better!

Ang... no way have I thought about relations! :LOL Actually, I'm still having some problems with same pain I had down there pre-birth. The official name for it, apparently, is 'vascular engorgement,' and most people can get some relief from it from ice. I, apparently, am not most people. It's a lot better solely because I can now sleep on my stomach or back - sidesleeping really aggravated it. Ugh. Dh knows it will probably still be weeks yet, so he hasn't started asking yet. Thankfully!

Actually, weirdest thing w/ the lochia... up until some point midday yesterday, I was still having red blood. Then it just stopped. No pink, no brown, just nothing. I don't want to complain, but it's just so odd!

My mom went home yesterday - she'd been here more or less since Jacob was born. Now dh is taking off for awhile, which is nice, but it's obviously a lot less 'help' for me already. My mom was doing laundry, getting meals ready, and that kind of thing... I've had to ask dh to do things, I'm the one that threw in the laundry this morning, and I get asked 'what's for dinner,' even if he is at least cooking it. :P

Jacob's cord did fall off yesterday - hooray!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM

Today is my first day alone with Reid all day....he'll be two weeks tomorrow. I feel pretty okay with it, although it is raining so a walk might be out (or at least less fun for me). Physically I feel GREAT after this weekend. Almost no more tenderness, and my flow has slowed to almost nothing. I think that "relations" will wait for a while, though. Which is fine with dh--he's never been one to pressure me anyway, so he's fine waiting.

My cracked nipple is healing really well! I'm still taking it easier on it by always starting with the other breast at each feeding, but the pain has gone way down, and it's looking really good. I hope that by the end of the week we'll just be nursing normally. I was having nightmares of this going on for weeks and weeks, so I'm THRILLED that I can see the end of pain in sight...

Reid actually let me cook myself some breakfast this morning, although it took me about 45 minutes to actually eat it. But I feel lucky to have gotten it cooked! He's in the sling right now, deciding whether he wants to be fussy or wants to sleep...

Still having cord issues, 9 days after it fell off. It just keeps bleeding every few days, and appears to hurt him. It's not an alarming amount of blood, though, so I'm sure it's normal, especially because the stump fell off so early. I just want it to stop hurting him.

We go for our two-week mw appointment tomorrow. I can't wait to find out how much we both weigh! I think I'm probably about 10lbs above my pre-preg weight, but very squishy in the middle.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Hi, I'd love to join!

I am Beth, mom to Emme 3-10-05. I also have Nicholas-6 and Alex-3. I am newly addicted to CD and want to start making my own, but am a little scared. I have plenty of fitteds, but I would love to try some AIO's. I can't afford them tho, so I am slowly gathering materials and courage to try to make some.

My parents are coming in for 4 days on weds!! ack! Who has time to clean?? My boys are on spring break as well, so they are just making messes constantly.

I'm afraid I don't have time atm to go back and read all the posts up til now, but I'll try to keep up from here on out!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:06 PM

Hi everyone,doing well here.My babe is 6 weeks old this week!I can't believe how the time flies.She is already 11 1/2lbs and that is up from a 7lb birth weight.She barely fits into the small diapers we have and now i have to get a better medium stash which i was not prepared for already.She eats so well and is a great sleeper.She doesn't make any fuss at night so i get to sleep for long stretches.She nurses maybe 3 times a night.She gets adjusted once a week and we see the cranial sacral every two weeks.It is amazing how tight their little bodies can get even though they are so small.

My bleeding stopped for good last week.Luckily i haven't had to consider having sex yet because dh was sick two weeks ago and then last week had his wisdom teeth pulled so he hasn't been in the mood.I'm not either :LOL i don't have any soreness there though so i'm sure it wouldn't be an issue.

I am feeling kind of guilty about giving so much time to baby and not as much to my other kids.They ask me to read them a book or play while i'm trying to nurse the baby and put her to sleep and they seem so sad when i ask them to wait.I know it will get better when the babe is a bit more older but i just feel bad.

Who here has thrush?What have you tried?Are you keeping everything really clean?Taking acidophlous and giving the baby acidopholous?Gentian Violet?Homeopathic Candida?Is the baby's mouth coated and your nipples?Give me so info and maybe i can help.

I have been taking my 2 year old and the baby for walks everyday.But i am in southern CA so the weather is pretty much always nice.But while the older two are in school we run are errands and take walks.It feels good to get back to exercising.I have lots of weight to lose.I lost 20lbs after giving birth but have 30 to go.

My babe has suddenly gotten horrible 'acne' and i'm trying to figure out if she had a reaction to something i ate or if it was the Evening Primrose oil i was taking.I hate that stuff.

Off to do some cleaning while babe sleeps.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:03 PM

hi everyone. i'll be joining you march mamas. my babe is just 6 days old. we're doing pretty well. dh is still home, dd#1 loves her little sister a lot, and my nipples look like they've been in a fight and lost. but, i think they're healing (at least i've got my fingers crossed that they do). i hurt for 9 weeks with dd#1. i'm not sure why it is, getting a good latch is so hard. she just doesn't seem to open her mouth wide enough for my large breasts.

anyway, it's late afternoon and i should be napping while dh takes dd#1 off my hands for a bit. but i wanted to say hi and subscribe to the thread. hope you get to know you mamas better really quick.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

We have a middle name!!!!

My DH let me pick Melody!!

So it is

Breeze Melody Alexander

Welcome to the new mamas, Beth and Aprildawn! Congrats on your babies!

I went down to the health dept today to get Breeze on medical and I had a new case worker! Super nice I have never had a super nice case worker! (It seems like I get a new one every week :LOL ) So I hope she stays for a bit!

Okay- I had a few things to write, but I need to get some stuff done right now! Check back in in a bit

Old 04-04-2005, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprildawn
hi everyone. i'll be joining you march mamas. my babe is just 6 days old. we're doing pretty well. dh is still home, dd#1 loves her little sister a lot, and my nipples look like they've been in a fight and lost. but, i think they're healing (at least i've got my fingers crossed that they do). i hurt for 9 weeks with dd#1. i'm not sure why it is, getting a good latch is so hard. she just doesn't seem to open her mouth wide enough for my large breasts.
i had the same problem. we are at almost 4 weeks and it has been improving daily. i don't have large breasts but do have large nipples and areolas. ds just couldn't open enough and he is a clencher. yikes! it is getting better but took constant effort w/ each feeding (which is more or less a continual thing around here). hang in there.

as for relations i am scared too because of my complications from the placenta. i have a real fear of hemmoraging (sp?) although the docs don't seem concerned. i am interested and so is dh. today is his bday so we took advantage of the two older ones being gone and had a little fun. we just didn't go all the way iykwim i felt like we were in high school fooling around. :LOL

we had professional pics done week before last. here is a link to the on-line gallery. i am going to take out the link after a few days but thought i would share. this is our last baby so we are going all out on family and baby pics.
http://capturedbycarrie.com/v2flashs.../scarlson.html

sybil
Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 PM

Patchfire the same thing happened to me with the lochia being bright red and then all of a sudden just stopping! ok by me... but then it starts back again if I umm..run up 3 flights of stairs like an idiot I shouldn't have gone back to school so early!

I finally got around to posting Grey's birth story!!!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=269655

I guess I'm the first to "resume relations?" :LOL unless I missed someone's post. I didn't tear at all and all the bruising healed after 1 week. Thank God for homebirth! I was bad and resumed before my bleeding officially stopped :

Have all the March Mamas had their babies now???

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

Old 04-05-2005, 12:17 PM

Okay I'm gonna join in on the unofficial relations poll we have going on here ( I feel like I am being bad talking about this hee hee) We have a few times since about a week ago. We did wait until the bleeding slowed to almost nothing. I still spot a little light red from time to time especially when Logan cries really hard (What is up with that? ) I had to pain or anything from our coupling, (No stitches to heal here either. Thank you doctor and nursing personel!!! They really did a lot of readying there while I was pushing!)
Although I seem to get, um, pleasured faster.... does anyone KWIM? I was worried things would be all out of whack down there. But NOT SO!!! hee hee, okay I am done being naughty and talking about this.

Hope everyone is getting along good with their little ones. I have finally resorted to some Mylicon drops ( and cutting out most of my tomato products!) and evenings are so much better when Logan doesn't projectile vomitand scream in pain from his gas in his belly. I am very happy I could give hime something to ease that pain. That is an awful feeling when you can't ease your child's pain. But it is all gettng better. He is so happy in the mornings, I love watching him smile and kick his legs and make little cooing noises. AHHH

Well, off to dry my hair so we can go run some errands. Take care mamas!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:11 PM

Welcome, Beth and Aprildawn!

In reply to newmomma and ravenmoon, I have thrush, supposedly. (My midwife thinks so, though she hasn't seen it in person, and I can't think of anything else it could be.) It started as just itchy (sometimes to the point of burning) breasts, then I started getting a spotty rash on my areolas, then red nipples and annoyance/discomfort while nursing similar to when I was pg. I started to try gentian violet, but dd1 wouldn't nurse from the purple nipples, so I stopped. Right now I am doing acidophilus and diflucan, and giving dd2 nystatin, and putting vinegar in our laundry. (I was rinsing my nipples with vinegar water, but I gave up, because the drying/irritation from the vinegar was compounding the difficulty of nursing.) However, I need to think of something to do with dd1, because even though her mouth doesn't look patchy, I'm wondering if her untreatedness could be the reason it seems to be hanging on? UGH. It is SO frustrating, almost entirely because of dd1; her stronger suck seems to set off the bad feelings. She really needs to nurse right now, and I really need to nurse her, but I often have to clench my fists and ask her to finish quickly. During the worst day or two, the stress was making us all miserable and chaotic. I'm also wondering if the yeast could be affecting other parts of dd2's body, because during those same couple of days, she seemed very uncomfortable, straining for a long time to poo.

I am such a baby about nipple infections. weebitty, yours sounds much worse; I'm so sorry and hope it gets better soon!!!

Relations: We haven't, but my libido is here and I can definitely see it happening soon. Not vaginally, though, which I assume is what most are talking about. (My body is only cool with vaginal "relations" at certain hormonally determined times. It took me about 3 years to re-envision sex so that I realized, duh, just don't have vaginal sex at the other times. Previously I thought I was somehow defective. : )

It feels like Eve has been with us forever. She *has* been with us a lot longer than 3 weeks, in reality, but I didn't feel that way, temporarily, right after she was born. After a week and a half, she had put a lot of things together and started staying awake longer and perceiving more clearly (and so signalling her needs more clearly). It is amazing how different this experience is from the one with Grace. Like, last night, she started crying, and I figured she was tired but gave her an opportunity to nurse. She wouldn't latch on, then she fell asleep as soon as dh carried her around a little while playing music. I don't think Grace ever didn't want to nurse. :LOL I feel more in tune with Eve, even though I feel less like she is a quasi-part of my body, because she communicates more visually. It is reminiscent of the older Grace. I swear, Eve never seemed to have the classic newborn reflexes, and when she looks around, her eyes seem so warm and aware.

Have to go do laundry now. There are no clean diapers, so I'm going to see if it is really true that you catch more when you are going diaperless in public.

Oye Yemaya oloto
Old 04-05-2005, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Okay I think we got our announcements done! Yeppie... http://kids.corelevel.com/gallery/breeze/breeze2 What do you think? I printed off 2 of them via walmarts online photo center, so I am going to go pick them up today and see how they look- didnt want to print of 50 before seeing them

Old 04-05-2005, 03:25 PM

Oh Ang those are B-E-A-UUUUU-TIFUL!!!

What size are they going to be when printed out? Looks like a 5x7 sort of thing, but I didn't know.

I just got back all the pictures from Logan's birth today. I made a black and white set and a color set and a set with borders around it that made them look like they were brushed on canvas. I think I will use the last set in the Scrapbook. I love scrapbooking to begin with and having Logan pictures to do make it all that much more fun.

i am anxious to go to my 6wk pp dr appt. It is in the end of the month. I wonder how much weight I have lost. I am fitting into some clothes I could not wear before I got pregnant, so I am hoping I am down below the pre-preg weight. I was heavier than I have ever been before I got pregnant, which I blame on the fact that I miscarried in February, fought with it til April when I finally had to have a d/c done to get all the tissue out and all that stress just made me gain weight(I am a stress eater anyway) So I gained about 15 pounds in all that time. Luckily I have a whole range of sizes so whatever size I am I have clothes! That is a silver lining right there. That means I can shop all for LOGAN!!!!

I have to go feed the little man, as he is grunting in his bouncy seat.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:18 PM

wow, all of the photos and announcements are beautiful!!! you have to forgive me for forgetting names right now, but they are simply the most beautiful gang of babes and families I have ever seen.

I will be posting a birth story soon. I did a first draft and now need to go back and add some details before I forget them.

Here are a few photos from the first two days of our new babe's life. Wow, he's already twice that old!

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nenetutti

being called to feed
Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 PM

oh Breeze's birth announcements are gorgeous! I still need to make some too!

I agree mamadaisy, we have the most gorgeous group of babies and families!

Old 04-05-2005, 08:59 PM

Sybil what beautiful family photos! All your boys are handsome.

Ang, love the announcements.

I'm doing ok, antiobiotics and acidophilus are working well and mastitis is on the way out. Also, the cracked, bleeding nipples are gone. They were so bad, I cried one night. With DD, it was about a month before I could nurse w/o wincing, but I'm glad it has cleared up faster this time. Baby is doing well. He is quite grunty though and I always worry until he poops or burps and goes to sleep, hehe. Just looked online and saw that my supermarket photo lab is having a promotion if you buy 24 prints, you get 24 more free. It ends today, so I better get started on that birth announcement. As for the relations poll...ha! Nothing doing here. :LOL

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:40 PM

morningtillmoon -- is your supermarket HEB? if so, do you live in TX? i'm in austin and noticed the same promotion yesterday.

User Tag List