Feb. '05 Mamas - The April Thread (a.k.a. months 2-3) - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli
They're here:
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bigsister/
password: mycroft
In the "more pictures" section.
You look like a cross between a sexy vixen and a pixie And also ready for some summer fun.
#332 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
hey all - I've posted some new pictures - be sure to check out a couple from when Shannon, Molly and Steve came over to our place for a visit! Plus the swing they gave us!
Those are two cute. I love how they are leaning into each other. hehe
#333 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyly
I met up with some CDing moms in my area yesterday. I had a great time. Most of them practice AP in some form, although two of them definitely didn't use GD. They didn't spank, but talked about it for a moment. Still they were really nice...and the best part. I switched Scott's position so I could eat a little easier and his head was by my breast. He started sucking through my shirt...we all laughed and I went ahead and fed him. The one lady (I can't remember their names ) that was sitting next me said that they were worried about how I was going to feed him and that they were going to ask me to go to the bathroom if I pulled out a bottle. They're militant breastfeeders. One was feeding her 14 month old and another was lamenting the fact that her 2 y/o had just self weaned.

I also went out for sushi with my friend and his wife. He's going to Afghanistan for a year and he's leaving tomorrow. I'm so bummed that he's leaving.

On a down note, I went and saw my friend who has a son that's six weeks older than Scott. We were chatting about how fussy her son gets once she starts the night time rituals. She said she put him in his crib and let him "self soothe" and left him there for 40 minutes before she finally went and got him. She did it because "he's going to cry anyways" and that he needs to learn to be independent and that bedtime is bedtime. : Let's suffice to say that I left shortly after. It's so sad...I'm going to lose a friend because I will either open my mouth and piss her off or I'm not going to hang around her because I can't stand to hear her spout that Ezzo crap.
Oh crap Can you print up an article on the Harvard study and leave it surreptitiously lying around somewhere where she'll happen to read it?
#334 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 02:13 PM

kava - I sent her all kinds of info when she was PG and loaned her my copy of The Baby Book by Sears, but her neighbor's copy of Babywise was more appealing I guess.

I've almost finished making my first diaper and I have to admit that it's freaking cute. I'm already looking for cute PUL patterns. I'll be a hyena yet

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#335 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 02:37 PM

#336 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Thanks Joy for the link. I am in the process of ordering some, so I am hoping that they will work as well for me as they do for you!

Very Happy belated birthday Tug, hope it was fun.

Monica, glad that you met some like minded mothers, it really does make all the difference when you are new at this, or even with a second one. I rely so much on my friends for advice, or just to chat and reassurance that I am not crazy/a bad parent / etc. The list goes on!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#337 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 04:19 PM

I made a diaper! Check out the pics here. I'm feeling accomplished. Now it's time for a nap with the baby. I'm beat.

#338 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 04:31 PM

Good job Monica, it looks great!!
#339 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 04:45 PM
tug

wow, monica, the dipe looks amazing! i love the take out chinese pattern. very fun. now i want to make some! our old mediums from james are totally not waterproof anymore (dh bleached), so i'm thinking i'll make my own for this stage. what part is pul and why is it so expensive? by the way, has scott finished with the perma-latch perma-eating phase? mia has. in fact, she's kind of the opposite now. she's totally not into nursing at all. prefers the bottle clearly and gets no comfort from nursing like her brother did.

weather was crappy this morning and i fought with dh all morning 'cause i got up at 5 with the baby and unsuccessfully tried to catch up a bit at work. now everybody's napping and i'm supposed to be catching up...of course, i'm here instead...
#340 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Very cute Monica....
I'm going ot try to make some fitteds myself here before too long.... i have to find some cute fabric.
#341 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 07:40 PM

Very cute, Monica!!!! Where did you find the pattern? I'm going to attempt making some dipes pretty soon. I met a girl who is ttc #1 and we are going to have a sewing date sometime in the near future. Gotta run.

Tricia
#342 of 346 Old 04-30-2005, 11:49 PM

I got the pattern here. Thanks.

I didn't use PUL because it's kind of pricey and I'd have to order it online. The ladies at the diaper group I met with are part of a co-op so I'm going to get in on that soon. I didn't use diaper flannel either...just bought some flannel from JoAnn's and used a microfiber terry cloth for the soaker pad.

By the way, I'm totally going to spam here. Microfiber terry rocks. I bought some in the car section of Wal Mart to use as stuffers for my FBs. Not only are they great for that but they're perfect burp cloths, wipes for the big jobs, and whatever else you can think of. They're amazing and cheap. 12 blue and white towels for like $4.50.

Terenia, Scott will have days where he's a normal eater and then we have days when I want to rip my nipples off. I notice that he goes into hibernation the day after a heavy eating day. After the sleep day I notice that he's grown. It's wierd. I'm sorry Mia prefers the bottle

Well I need to get to bed. I'm really upset because I either have an infected hair follicle, stye, or zit on the bottom lid of my right eye. My eye hurts sooo bad and it's really swollen. I need to put some hot compresses on it. I can't think of anything else to do. Guess I'm in hiding for the next few days until it goes away. :

#343 of 346 Old 05-01-2005, 03:06 AM

Hey everyone. Been lurking, but not posting. I have, however, been sewing diapers too. (Is this stage on the milestone charts? :LOL) I made a bunch of fitteds out of the billions of recieving blankets I got handed down. They take forever to dry, but they were free!

Tomorrow I'm going to get some pul and attempt an aio.

Nigel now has 2 visable teeth, but they are on the front of his gums and not at the bottom. Silly us not getting him dental insurance this year

...And now my lame attempt at personals...
Heve and Shannon: Those Canadian babes sure are purty.

Leslie: I am now tempted to chop off my hair too.

Shyly: Nice dipe. Is that regular velcro? I still haven't figured out the difference.

Babyman is sleeping swaddled in his sling. Time to see if I can wake DH up for a little "grownup time" before he leaves for a 4 day business trip tomorrow.

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
#344 of 346 Old 05-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Emily, it's just plain ole velcro brand velcro. I had a time finding the sew on type though...it was all the sticky back. I ended up buying 2" velcro and just cut it in half.

#345 of 346 Old 05-01-2005, 03:47 PM

Monica, love the diaper. ypu are so talented, I acn hardly sew a button on.
Sorry for the sp mistakes, nak.

Ok, so don't know where to post this, so I'm asking you guys.
Lilah has been having explosive blow outs in her diapers lately, esp. at night, which wakes her up as they go all the way up her back, and through her clothes.
So, any suggestions as to how to stop this?
We use disposables (bag over head)
Are there any special night time ones on the market?
Yesterday she went all the way through 2 layers of clothes a blanket and onto the car seat cover! Yowsers!!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#346 of 346 Old 05-01-2005, 06:24 PM

nak
we've never had a blowout using fuzzibunz, or using kissaluvs contours with a sugarpeas fleece cover (or the dappi covers). we've had some HUGE poo's, so huge that we've had it everywhere when we opened the dipe, but no blowouts

eta - i just posted new pics from today. My lil bugger is being so CUTE.....

eta - again - I decided to start us a May thread... please come on over, its http://www.mothering.com/discussions...40#post3053140

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page