~Jan '05 ~Babylicious babes~ AprilII - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 209 Old 04-24-2005, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone suggested we have a list of all the mamas and babes with their birthdates- I cut and pasted from last thread, so it only has names and babies unless I already know.... PM me with birthdates.:

Sweetpeasmom (Laura) - Megan
3_Opihi (Ann) - Violet 12/29/04
Killick (Nicole) - Will 1/1/05
Lisa2976 (Lisa) - Lauren 1/18/05
Mamabeca (Andy) - Ori 1/20/05
Pam_and_Abigail ( Pam) - Geneva 1/21/05
Catnip (Michelle)- Kaia 1/24/05
Malama (Karen)- Luka 1/25/05
Paquerette (Jeni) - Beatrice 1/28/05
Proudmom (Heather) - Aine 2/3/05
Azreial (Sheri)- Elizabeth 2/6/05
Jessitron (Jessica) - Evelyn 2/7/05
Human_Being (Heidi) - Iris 2/14/05
Slygrrl (Kathy) - Brynn
Rubysmomjess (Jess)- Isabelle
#2 of 209 Old 04-24-2005, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

sorry if i forgot you on the list.... i scanned the thread breifly to look for more people and birthdates in siggy lines.

Lisa- congrats on the cabinets!!! woo hoo!!!

Jessica- woo hoo on the party nite!! who needs alcohol anyways when you have a babe to snuggle with.

oh, that's all i can manage with one hand....
#3 of 209 Old 04-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Well, I have read most of the posts, but not much time to respond. DS is in rare form today. I have been spending the last 15 minutes trying to get a dog playtoy out of the toilet. I think at this point we have to take off the toilet to get it. He them hurled a toy at dd. So he is in his room playing alone for a bit.

Not a great way for him to end his first year. He will be two tomorrow!!! Wow - where did the time go??

Proudmom
#4 of 209 Old 04-24-2005, 09:18 PM

Ugh we still have a fridge in my dining room and its messing up my life. DH just does not understand I just feel like I can't do anything with that stupid fridge there and it just makes me angry. Ok 'nuf about that.

Andy I have no computer advise, but I'm feeling left out so I had to comment on your computer issue.

I forget who was having the kids' b-day party thing, but never mind what everyone else is doing. Kids birthdays are so out of control these days. In my nephews kindergarten every child gets invited to every birthday and spends a fortune. My sister has told me about some of these parties and really the parents have lost sight of what the day is supposed to be about. DH's cousin always has tons of people there for her dd's birthday parties. She combined the 2+4yo this year and there must have been 75 people there, plus catered food There's nothing wrong with a few kids, some cake, snacks, and some sort of actvity. Plus I was thought the "rule" was the # of kids=the age of the b-day child (7yo=7guests)

Jessi sounds like you've been a busy girl, you're always posting about going somewhere. There's nothing wrong with using the stroller if Evelyn likes it and its easier for you, go for it. Using the stroller is a nightmare for me, between how long it takes to get it opened, getting her in, getting it out the door and then dealing with it and the dogs I think the stoller has been used 3 times.

We went to the King Arthur Faire at Hammond Castle today. The castle is maybe 10 minutes from here. That was really really cool. I'd never been to anything like that. DS thought it was really cool too, he even got on to have one of the knights fight for his honor

I've been playing around with my prefolds, and now I've been working on using receiving blankets as diapers. DH thinks I'm crazy. But now if we're ever stranded with no diapers but pins and/or snappis and receiving blankets I'll know what to do

I know I had more posts to respond to but I dont' remeber and I'm going to run off and have a bath

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#5 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 02:14 AM

Hey All,

Not much to talk about today. Really quiet day. Really laid back.

Lisa - I got the box today. The clothes are so cute! The only one that will likely see limited use is the rain coat. Not much rain here in Arizona, usually, although we have had a wetter year than the previous years. Thank you so much. I showed them to Em and she loved the skirt/shorts things.

Emily had another party today. This one was at a pizza place with games and stuff. There were all these ticket spouting games but Em just wanted to ride the car and plane things that go back and forth. So we spent all our tokens doing that, except for a few. DH had to play this one that goes around your head. Total game head type of game.

Have a good night!
#6 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 03:28 AM

Hi all!

Nothing much to say - I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. We had a great day at the beach, barbequeing with the neighbors (a lot of neighbors, its a Hawaiian thing) the kids had a bounce house, and spent most of the day in the water. It was great! We're all pretty tired, so I'm gonna jet.

Aloha!
#7 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 06:27 AM

5am and I'm up and pumping.. woke up soaking wet, realized that Lauren has slept all night. Ut oh, she's awake. Back later.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#8 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 AM

Aaah so that was a nice night. Of course it took nearly 2 hrs of constant sucking to get her to bed last night, but she slept about 7 hrs. and is sleeping now. I feel so much better after the last week of frequent waking at night.

So my dining room is now full of kitchen cabinets. Az, I'd gladly trade you for the fridge that is driving you nuts. I must now find a way to assemble these random cabinets into a functional kitchen for us. I think it's a display model from a showroom or something, because there is one of everything - one corner cabinet, one wine rack, one bookshelf, one big huge drawer unit, one teenytiny drawer unit, one of this one of that, not many regular shaped wall cabinets, etc. But that's ok, I WILL MAKE THEM LOOK GREAT!!

We haven't had a true kitchen in nearly a year, the stove is in the dining room, the cabinets are all off the walls, the sink is still in, etc.

Dh and my dad are going back to get the last of them this morning. I seriously don't know where we are going to fit them all. We can't just fill the dining room as the office is off the front and has most of the kitchen in it, aaah this will be fun.

Friends of mine just started a wahm site - it's a really pretty website, they're doing dyed clothes, soakers, patterns, slings/wraps, but they're not quite set to open. I'll give them a shameless plug when they get up and running.

G'morning everyone!

#9 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 07:38 AM

Ok I just want to fill an entire page with my own posts this morning.

It's STILL snowing. Now it's slushy snowy icy stuff. And HEAVY. There are branches down all over the place, and it's just bizarre to have snow right now.

Those bouncy things - dh said last night as he was sitting at the auction a truck showed up with more stuff, and there were 2 of those giant air filled bouncy things in the truck. They started the bidding at $1000 and they both went for $300. He realized after the auction ended (he was just amazed that they had these things brand new in boxes and at a builders auction) that he should have gotten one for Lauren, she'd be the coolest kid on the block in a few years when she was big enough to use it. But really, what in the world would we do with a giant jumping thing? Set it up in the yard and charge admission? Although I suppose dh's crazy family would have all climbed in it and jumped for holidays and such (they are all adults, except 2 middle school aged cousins and bil's kids who are too young).. they are crazy people.

Lisa (last time, I'm going to get breakfast now, but I'll be back later today!!!)

#10 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 AM

Hola mamasitas! Nice to have this little thread again... 25 was bulky! Well, we got a new tower for the downstairs puter, which is now up and running. It's got the new windows (I think we were on Win 98, or maybe 97?) which is so much prettier! Also somewhat easier to menouver in. Hmmm, now I'm reconsidering the laptop - such extravagance! I am thinking it might be better to sock the money away in savings until next winter and go somewhere warm...

Not enough time to respond to all the great posts, but ...

I think one of the reasons that we have all gelled so well here is that NONE of us are diehard anything fans. Use the stroller if they like it, don't use it if they don't like it. Use the sposies if you need them, don't use them if you don't. It's pretty simple, non-judgemental stuff. Some other sites (even, ahem, w/in MDC) are pretty 'hard core' and get fussy about people who do it differently. I like you gals a LOT because I can say we put the kid in a sposie and srolled to the mall and bought mcdonalds fries and, well, ok, it's not my proudest moment, but I know you'll understand... (I didn't by the way ) and we have these awesome smilies that let us say : or :LOL when stuff might get interpreted incorrectly. Maybe we also have in common that it's so hard for most of us to 'do' the CIO thing, so if we are diehard about anything it's listening to our children and letting them have a voice. I kinda think that more listening would make this world a much better place from the top down, too.

Wow, give me a working computer and I let LOOSE!

I had a decent night. Nothing longer than 3 hrs., but I'll take what I can get at this point. I must say I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have that everlovingfullfeeling when I get up in the am, but it's not to be. sigh. We still don't have a great sleep system worked out, but I'm getting used to hauling my sleepy butt down the hall to the little man. He just doesn't sleep well cuddled. sigh

I want to know how big some of your babies are: Luka, Evelyn, Will, Lauren - give me some estimates. I'm just curious about the doubling birth weight theory versus the 12/13 lb theory. And what is Miss. E. doing these days? Does she sleep for more then 3-4 hrs. Az?

Ok, must get chores done today. I let them slide all weekend and now this place is a hell hole! Ugh. I'd take kitchen cabinets AND a fridge in the LR over the cleaning I have to do this week!!! :LOL

PS - Lisa - we got one of those jumpy castles for our big going away party when we left Canada 3 yrs ago (ostensibly for dd's b'day but it was a big bbq party with a lot of our own friends and about 4 kids specially for the party). Dh jumped in it and broke it it cost 300$ to fix. It was a blast, though! Oh, but in really hot weather it sucks 'cause you get stuck to the rubber eeeeeuw.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#11 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:16 AM

Woohoo! New thread!

We went to a holistic fair yesterday. It was a dinky little thing, kinda a bust, but admission was a buck and there was some nifty stuff. 3 or 4 tarot readers, a masseuse, lots of crafters, a guy selling stones and crystals, and a reiki practitioner. Well I made Mike get the reiki (boy did he need it) and the lady had some interesting books on the table about indigo children and crystal children. I started reading the crystal children one and she invited me to sit down and read it. It's a little woo-woo, but Beatrice really fits the profile. She was really into the amethyst at the rock table, but none of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
so if we are diehard about anything it's listening to our children and letting them have a voice.
And hey, isn't that the one rule of AP, anyway?

MDC is all about the smilies, though. That's what got me hooked. The smilies.
: : : :LOL

Okay, I'll stop now.
#12 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
bought mcdonalds fries
oh my! I sure hope you didn't. Thats it if anyone buys their fries, I'm outa here :LOL

Yeah you ladies all seem pretty cool wish I could get on here more.

Sorry about all the snow Lisa- thats just so not right. We had a 3 ft snow storm in April like in 97? that was such a cruel joke mother nature played on us.
Congrats with the 7 hrs of sleep, woohoo.

Megan is now 11 lbs and 1 ozs although she feels heavier at times. She's back to getting up at night after a few weeks of sleeping through, bummer! anywhere from 1x to 2x a night. Well at least I got a couple good weeks in.
#13 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM

Woohoo my dad, dog, and dh are on the last trip for cabinets. You can not walk in here now. I have no clue where I am even going to cook for a few weeks.

Andy, isn't it double your birth weight by 6 mos? Lauren is 14 1/2 lbs as of last Wed. She was 8,14 at birth. She's also just about 26", we're just waiting for the new car seat to arrive this week, got a super deal on that too.

Her weight has def slowed way down since starting pepcid, I think because she was nursing nonstop from the hurt and hadn't figured out how to do it w/o getting tons of milk. Now she's a pro at semi-sucking for less milk and more comfort.

#14 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
Sorry about all the snow Lisa- thats just so not right. We had a 3 ft snow storm in April like in 97? that was such a cruel joke mother nature played on us.
I remember that it was the April Fools day storm. That was crazy.

Andy Miss E is almost 23" long and I'd say about 10 1/2lbs. She was 10lbs 4ozs Apil 8th, but hasn't been weighed since then. She was 9lbs 15.4oz (after too poops) at birth for comparison.

Poor Lisa with all those cabinets. You don't have a basement or somewhere like that you could put them?

Andy I'd rather clean (and I hate cleaning) than have this fridge in my dining room. It like a mental block or something for me the fridge's presence just make its so I can't do anything. I can't tidy at all becuase the fridge is in the way. We can't even have dinner comfortably in there. I wanted to do some sewing but nope fridge is in the way. I can't even knit becuase the fridge is blocking the way to where my knitting is. If I had Lisa's cabinet problem I'd probably have to stay somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
I think one of the reasons that we have all gelled so well here is that NONE of us are diehard anything fans. Use the stroller if they like it, don't use it if they don't like it. Use the sposies if you need them, don't use them if you don't. It's pretty simple, non-judgemental stuff. Some other sites (even, ahem, w/in MDC) are pretty 'hard core' and get fussy about people who do it differently. I like you gals a LOT because I can say we put the kid in a sposie and srolled to the mall and bought mcdonalds fries and, well, ok, it's not my proudest moment, but I know you'll understand... (I didn't by the way ) and we have these awesome smilies that let us say or when stuff might get interpreted incorrectly. Maybe we also have in common that it's so hard for most of us to 'do' the CIO thing, so if we are diehard about anything it's listening to our children and letting them have a voice. I kinda think that more listening would make this world a much better place from the top down, too.
Well Said

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#15 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 12:14 PM

Well today is ds's birthday! Woo Hoo to Eamon!!! :

Nothing huge planned, but he has been telling us today he is two years old

DD was 14lbs 4oz and 24.5 inches on April 13...Not sure what she is up to now.

I think it is double by 5 months, triple by a year...DS doubled, but he just recently tripled.

PM
#16 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

All my stressing about that Passover celebration yesterday and it was really fun. The people who invited us have no kids (thus the weird play pen comment). But there were other children there (none as young as Luka of course), a few people I knew, and some other really nice ones. And we were fed , which in my book of starving breastfeeding, means a lot.
so all was good.

then we had a decent night's sleep, but when Luka was squirming around happily in the am after a probably dry diap all night, his FB fleece repelled and wet the bed. So there I was at 6 am (10 minutes ago), changing the sheets alone. ugh. I had just "stripped" them, and this was the last one I hadn't used.... the only one still repelling

Lisa- I don't know that I could live with cabinets all over. that would drive me crazy. I guess I'm a little like Az in that way. Especially if it's something that really takes over the space. When we moved into this house, we were getting a lot of work done (redo roof, for one). It was supposed to be finished BEFORE we moved in, but you know how that goes.... anyhow, we lived with a scaffolding in the living room for about 2 months. I had a 2 year old! it sucked! :

Andy- I'm not sure how big Luka is.... dh thinks 15 lbs. when I go to the store I'll weigh him and let you know. I do know that after meeting a few babes this week, that he has huge feet.... the same size as the 7 mo old I met at the beach. and congrats on the new puter! woo hoo- yeah, and save your $$ and come visit next winter!!!

oh and : to Eamon!!!

oh and I the smilies here too.... ever wish you could use one irl?? like i wrote out a card and wished i had a certain one!
#17 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 01:31 PM

i just stumbled upon this...

well the chickens are here. i think i'm crazy to do this right now. i mean i was *really * crazy this am, shovelling and wheelbarrowing wood chipd into our shed with dd2 in the sling and dd1 towing behind, helping cover the non-coop parts of the shed until i redirected her. did i mention the near-torrential rain, and driving home having the wipers give out and i couldnt even see to pull over? and i got a whopping 4 hours of sleep last night...

glad the passover went well!

and to the understanding of our group.
#18 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
oh my! I sure hope you didn't. Thats it if anyone buys their fries, I'm outa here
: Burger King's are so much better!

I sympathise on the fridge issue. I hate clutter. I even looked into feng shui. DH is a slob. I don't know how we've survived this long. :

Arg. Massive cranky baby attack. She just hates to sleep anymore. She's crying and squealing. It's very, very irritating. I forget what else I wanted to say.
#19 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 PM

Paq, I'm right there with you. No naps and very tired cranky whiny babe the last 3 days. She'll just barely fall asleep and wake again, and is insisting on nonstop nursing.

Going to meditate on the couch before I lose it. I was in bed trying to get her to nap for over an hour and I finally gave up in sheer frustration and handed her to dh. I went to the grocery and got my favorite cake mix and walked every aisle slowly with serious mommyguilt for leaving, came home after an hour to find that dh had spent the entire time trying to get her to sleep too, and she's still wide awake. Aaaaah!

#20 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Ouch Pam - sounds like you need the afternoon off. Tea, games, and chill mama. Sometimes when you just get those feet up, people (even little people) understand. Whip out the play dough and let dd1 have a ball. dh will be home eventually to clean!!! Just make sure the chickens are in da coop!! Don't want da chickens taking over the place!

irl, I think I do use smilies!! I think them, anyway. I def. find myself wantin gthem for emails that I send - yahoo has some but they clutter up the place and some people's filters reject the emails if they have them

So I went to circuit city today : but I just HAD to find out more info on laptops and the web just has TMI for me. The fella there 1) directed me to freeware for virus protection (is this safe??? It's called Avast) and 2) the HP ZV6005US if anyone wants to look it up. I did get to look at the 17" screens and they are HUUUUGE. No way I'm getting one of those to lug around. geesh. I thought they were made for portability but I guess people are using them instead of desktops now. All very confusing for me

Karen - I'm so glad you had a good time at the sedar! Happy pesach to you too! We didn't go anywhere. There aren't a ton of jews in this area either, but the ones that are here are VERY cliquey. It's not fun. There are 3 synagogues and they all compete ferociously. None of them are reform. It's just not working for me : But I'm glad they were good to you guys and you got free food and met some nice folks! Yea!!! So whassup w/your big baby? He wasn't so big to start w/, he was kinda normal...must be that hawaiian humidity (good for something, at least!). Not very humid here lately (other than a bit of rain now and again - been pretty dry, actually). Sorry about the big wet spot. I'm using the wool covers at night with a regular sleeper over (which we need 'cause it's kinda cold still) and no wet spots. If I'm not careful about tucking it will get the sleeper moist, but using the hemp liner and a fleece next to his skin has been working GREAT. Good luck mama!

Happy Birthday Eamon!!! Two is AWESOME - enjoy your year of being prince of the world!!! (not that three is so much different, but two is special 'cause you a walking TALKING prince, now!)

Lisa and Az - I didn't mean to make light of the spacial issues you are facing. I would also have a hard time giving up so much of our living space for such a long time (days, weeks, heck, even months!). I get cranky when dd forgets to pack up marble madness! :LOL Hang in there - it'll all get dealt with soon, I'm SURE!

Paq - good luck w. that baby of yours. I must say Ori has done a 180 and is now taking GREAT naps - sleeping at night not much diff. He slept 3 1/2 hrs. y'day afternoon (but not much in the am) and two hrs. this morning, plus a couple of shorter naps already. I'm trying to get him down for one more good sized one this pm, but it's starting to get late for that now...sigh... I cn hear him up again. bye~

#21 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
I think one of the reasons that we have all gelled so well here is that NONE of us are diehard anything fans.
You are so right!

Az, I totally understand about the fridge. That kind of thing drives me insane too. I hope you get it installed very soon.

Lisa, those bouncy things sound like a blast! I would so jump in it.

Should be working, must pump...

Is it 26" before the infant car seats are too small? We may have to buy a new one already... after spending $210 on the Britax infant seat and two bases. Eep! She is very snug in there now. It still looks comfy, though.

Pam, congrats on the chickens! That is great. Chickens are so neat.

I'm a sucker for Wendy's fries. BK's are pretty good too. But Wendy's rocks now because we can get chili or baked potato or salad with my Spicy Chicken.

I won a Size 1 LC Nightlight on eBay the other day and was very happy, but it is too small for Evelyn :cry Her size 1 LC envelope fits, but the nightlight is thicker or something, and no way will it snap around her thighs. Anybody want to borrow it? Evelyn is 16-17 lb with big fat thighs.

Stickers are real-life smilies. Maybe I'll send you some stickers, Karen. I have books and books of them.

Miss E was up from 4-6 am this morning. Last night her grandparents (my parents) visited, but she was overstimulated from the weekend, it seems, and flipped out and cried and cried until I calmed her by bouncing on the yoga ball. Her grandfather did not get to hold her, and he was sad. Oh well, they should have come before 8 pm. They were up at 6 this morning (to go to the airport) but Evelyn went back down five minutes before they got up and looked to see whether she was awake. Is that "doh" that they just missed holding her or "whew" that she went back down before they played with her and kept her up? Hmm.

We got our high chair as a gift, a really cool one [url=http://www.babybecause.com/detail.aspx?ID=573]like this[/a] but in Mahogany finish. DH assembled it Friday. We stuck Evelyn in it for a picture, and told her she could sit in it for meals when she learns to sit up. Since then, all she wants to do is practice sitting.

Okay, really gonna go pump now. Ow.
#22 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa- should bought the bouncy thing. We rented one of those big ones that are powered by a big blower for one of our kid's parties (was a combined one with another kid, so not so $$). It was soo fun, but was a rainy day, so it was challenging. When most of the kids left I got in it and had a blast.

Jessica- what's up with your big girl, growing out of diapers and her $$ car seat?? Are you planning more kids? then you can keep it for the next one, or better yet, sell it on ebay- then more $$ in your paypal acct for more other stuff!! yeah- stickers are cool. I just don't think about them... and what about when you're on the phone?? there are truly no smilies for that situation!, lol!

well Andy- I'm not exactly sure on how big my baby is, like I said. he's perfect to me though . And he's sure cute as a button! He started out 8lbs9oz.... so a nice size, but not big.

woo hoo on the chickens Pam- I'm sure it'll all come together and you all can enjoy them!

And to all the mamas with fussy babes.

Mine is asleep (shouldn't even write that !) . At least I was able to do the bills.... fun, NOT.
I saw that when dh was in Thailand he made 1 collect call home for 9 minutes. Was $64 : oh well. what's done is done. That was more than 2 nights at his hotel.... sigh. (really told you that so I could use those smilies....)
#23 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Aaaaah!! I nursed Lauren in bed for an hour and a half! And she didn't fall asleep. Ok so she was sort of sleeping but kept waking, so I gave up. Dh left for class, Lauren is STILL cranky, I put the dog out, she rolled in the mud, I made fudge icing for my cake (comfort food) and it hardened before I could ice the cake. Guess I'll just eat it with a knife from the bowl. Locked dog in bathroom, she's whining, I think it's time to open a bottle of wine and just veg on the couch until dh gets home from school. AAAAAAAHHH!!!

Ok I'm not going to lose it. I'm going to turn on my favorite cd of all time and just mellow. I'd leave the house but dh has the van and the carseat and probably the sling too.

#24 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 07:52 PM

Aaah is right Lisa! Eat the icing with a sharp spoon. Tell DH to leave you transportation of some sort. Leaving the house is a great way to get the baby to fall asleep. That is one stubborn baby... but she's awfully pretty.

Karen, wow, that's an expensive phone call!

Good news for us: our car seat works until 30". We're okay for another five pounds.
#25 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 PM

We are already on page 2! I am so bummed now that I am in the office full days. We ARE NOT allowed to use our work computers for personal stuff. So it is hard to keep up and I love chatting with you .

I have to agree with whoever said we are not die hard anythings. I have a hard time with some of the other boards because they are so militant about things. I take what I can and what works for us and leave the rest.

I finally figured out how to watch for Will's cues for naps. Missed a couple today but no biggie. He did very well this morning and this afternoon was hit or miss. I am learning some of the new positions for the sling, so he is cool with that and then I just shift it a bit and he is sleeping again.

I must be the one wierd one. I McDonald's fries. I have been all about the salty things lately.

zBad at naking. More later.
#26 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 PM

Jeni: just noticed the feral cat awareness in your sig. I used to do trap-neuter-release when CA had a free program that paid for it. And one of my 5 furbabies was a nine day old that we found 8 feet off the ground on an airconditioner while setting traps out at one of the local colony sites. Couldn't leave him there...

Better day today, and yesterday was better too. I think Saturdays are usually my worst. I emailed out photos of Kaia today to family and the consensus was that she looks great. As soon as my cousin gets them up on his site, I'll post a link.

Recipe: Lemon Dill Salad Dressing

1 tsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic (crushed if you are using a shaker)
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs champagne, white wine or white balsamic vinegar
2Tbs plain yogurt
1-3 tsp olive oil
1-2tsp sugar

Combine in a shaker or mini foodprocessor then toss with feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives and diced cucumber for a great Greek salad.
#27 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:06 PM

:LOL Jessi - you'd better go get that new carseat! You got one fast growing little petunia over there!!!

Lisa - try white noise. I'm serious. I hate it, personally, but it seems to work - if temporarily (not as in minutes, but as in for a few days or a week).Also FYI you can try chamomilla homeopathic (which sometimes you can get in a cream, but the tablets dissolve instantly so not a choking hazard), lavendar oil burning in a candle thingee burner (duh brain right now, sorry), and my last idea is to change the temp - if it's warm, remove a layer. If it's cool, warm her up (hat, socks etc.). The other thing ds likes is the bouncing. I know it's gross but he LOVES to bounce and swing in the big kid swing (in his carseat strapped in and VERY secure). The problem I have with it is that he wakes up after a while if he's not continuously bounced...ugh. I'm willing to replace naps but not nighttime sleeping with it. Good luck hon. Maybe she's hit the 3 month growth spurt with a vengence and it'll pass soon... or maybe she's just uncomfortable. Is she pooping ok? If nothing, taking some chamomile tea and rescue remedy helps YOU feel like you can cope for 30 more minutes (just take it 1/2 hr. at a time...)

I went out for a 1 hr. mtg. tonight and not a peep from the prince of crabby (did I mention CRABBY all day???). But this is the thing. Ok, he's up at 6, say. We nurse for 1/2 hr. then get up everyone else, get dressed, change diaper and dress him. Then I have to get b'fast for dd and make her lunch (which I KNOW I can do the night before but I don't like to...I like to give her some room to make decisions based on how she actually feels, and I like to doit while she eats b'fast). Ok, then we get her out to the bus and I get ds into the sling or mei tai and get poop bag and dog and out we go, wait for bus, walk dog. Home by 7:45. By now he's been up almost 2 hrs., so I change diape. and nurse him down for a nap. He's usually up between 9:30 and 10, although today it was later. So then I nurse again for about 1/2 hr., (9:30) change diaper and air time (10am) and now I try to go OUT and get something DONE in the day. Today was : circuit city : Ok, now we're out and usually he doesn't need to nurse, but sometimes he does, but I KNOW we need to get home by 11:45 our he's major crankola. But today, although he slept later, by 11 he was cranky. So we nursed in the car and then he slept while I drove around dropping off library books and doing the bank and stuff - anything I could do that I could not leave the car (drive through - GOTTA LOVE IT!!! ). Fromthat moment on he was major mr. crankypants. For a short while, after a HUUUUGE poop he was happy, but then he was tired again. It's tough being a baby! So what's my point??? I'm just rambling...sorry! I guess that it's just so hard to get ANYTHING done that's not online (and even that's hard) or in the house because there's no length of time that doesn't run into stopping for nursing/napping/me hungry time. It takes 20 min to get to Circuit City and we had a total of 1 hr. to get there, look at everything, and get home. FAT CHANCE!!! Oh well. It's only for a short time... I can't say this is my favorite part of parenting

I hope mamas with fussy babies (mine inc.) get a decent night's sleep!!! And the rest of yous too! xxx andy

#28 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:11 PM

Hi Michelle - how did it go at ww? Thanks for the dressing recipe - always looking for a good new dressing. I'm getting sick of ranch free...

Nicole - we miss you too :-( BUT just check in when you can and we will always be thinking of you!!! I'm glad to hear things are getting better!! :-)

xxx andy

#29 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Ok so I just spent an hour in bed with kiddo again. It just occurred to me that the behavior now is just like life before pepcid. And it started a week or so ago, I was blaming the old jar of pepcid, but maybe she's grown and her dose needs changed? Or something. Because prepepcid she was up all day, major cranky, only napping for 5 min. on me at a time, and sucking the skin off my nipples. Fri-now has been like that. Hrm. Perhaps I just need to skip the pedi and go right to the pedi GI and see what's up. I found the formula for dosing pepcid, and she's way low on the dose scale, and I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

Also got an email on my local crunchy list about another babe who was born at the same time as Lauren who was ftt (low apgars, long birth - Lauren had good apgars but long birth) and they are going to a chiro who also specializes in craniosacral and nutrition. Might be worth calling her to chat. SOMETHING is not right. And dh just doesn't get it. Of course he's only been home today for 1/2 the day, he spent all Sat/Sun at the auction. His solution tonight (when she was red going on purple silent scream mode) was to go to Home Depot and walk around looking at kitchen hardware for the cabinets. UH NO, then not only is she cranky and trying to suck all the skin off my nipples, she's doing it in public where I have to cope with it. At least here I can sit around in my undies and listen to the ipod.

Ok enough whining from me. I'm going back to bed with my baby lest she wake again. Tomorrow is not Monday.

Lisa

#30 of 209 Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 PM

WW: I lost 1.2 pounds. Which probably means I lost 6 and then gained back 4.8. I go again Wednesday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page