~September Babies It's May!~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No AF here, either. I went to a walk-in doctors clinic a few days ago (had an itty bitty ceramic shard in the bottom of my foot - DH knocked over DS's lamp ) and they asked when my last cycle was... I couldn't figure it out for a minute! Then I was like, I have an 8 month old, so 8 plus 9 is 17! I think it came back with Gabriel at 13 months - could that be right? 11 or 13 or something like that. He was NOT sleeping through the night, though. :

I do wonder, too, when I'm feeling yucky or in a bad mood! I sometimes feel little twinges, aches, etc., that are familiar. But nothing yet, thank goodness. Though it's hard because there's always that *chance* of being pg again - and I'm pretty good at convincing myself it's possible sometimes. :LOL At least with AF around, there are times when I *know* I'm not.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#122 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No AF here - but I had twinges and cramps (very light) a few weeks ago, followed by a mucous increase (sorry if that's TMI) - so it makes me wonder if my fertility is returning. DH and I are ready to get PG again (yes, we are crazy), so I'm ready to be fertile. All these recent changes are giving me false hope!

I've been nauseous for a few days when I get up with Robin. I get up to pee, and I am very pukey feeling. ANybody else have this? It makes me think I might be knocked up, but I've taken 4 (yep, crazY) preg. tests in the past few weeks, all neg., except one that was a dud.
#123 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 PM

I don't know what the status of my fertility is. I had what I thought was a period the first few days of January and nothing since. I really don't think I am pregnant so I don't know what is going on. I would like to be fertile and ideally I would like to ttc when Lilah turns 1.

Question for you all: One of my dearest friends from college has a baby (her first) a month younger than Lilah. She is a wonderful, caring, woman and I am sure an excellent mother. She lives several hours away and while I still consider her a close friend we don't talk too too much these days. The other day she called and we talked. We were talking about sleeping and I asked her how her dd was sleeping and she said that she had been a very poor sleeper but then the past two nights she had used the Ferber Method with her and it worked great. From what I know about the Ferber Method it's a CIO thing. I didn't say anything. What would you say? She also said that she (my friend) was exhausted from not sleeping at night and she works full time out of the home. I don't want to hurt her feelings at all. I love her so much even though we aren't as close as we used to be. I really don't want her to feel like I think she is a bad mother (which I totally don't). So I said nothing and I'm just wondering what others would do.

Happy Friday!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#124 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Becca
I've been nauseous for a few days when I get up with Robin. I get up to pee, and I am very pukey feeling. Anybody else have this?
Yup, I've been feeling nauseous and super tired for the last couple of weeks, and the thought has entered my mind. I just haven't taken a test. Maybe I should do that some time in the near future.

Chrissy, I have a close friend that is an RN that would routinely recommend the Ferber method to parents. I have to wonder know that she has a baby herself if she's following her own advice now. I haven't talked to her in a while to find out the answer. I avoid confrontation though, so I'd just share what works for us and probably just drop it at that.

Bath time, gotta run!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#125 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 10:43 PM

thx mama bear and becca

no af here either. i've never had more than 3 or 4 cycles a year when i'm normal, though.
#126 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
no af here either. i've never had more than 3 or 4 cycles a year when i'm normal, though.
when are YOU normal? just kidding. i couldn't resist. :LOL

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#127 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Becca
No AF here - but I had twinges and cramps (very light) a few weeks ago, followed by a mucous increase (sorry if that's TMI) - so it makes me wonder if my fertility is returning. DH and I are ready to get PG again (yes, we are crazy), so I'm ready to be fertile. All these recent changes are giving me false hope!

I've been nauseous for a few days when I get up with Robin. I get up to pee, and I am very pukey feeling. ANybody else have this? It makes me think I might be knocked up, but I've taken 4 (yep, crazY) preg. tests in the past few weeks, all neg., except one that was a dud.
I've also noticed changes in mucous (sorry if that's TMI for some but I like to know that I am not alone in this and to let others know neither are they )
Also, regarding preg tests - I took several when preg with ds that were negative, then I waited a week and then took it again (Christmas morning 2003 to be exact) and SURPRISE it was +. I believe the hormone the tests detect doubles every few days, so I would maybe wait a week and try again if you're still suspicious.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#128 of 491 Old 05-06-2005, 11:57 PM

No af here, either. Didn't return until M was 14 mos - and then I got immediately preggo :LOL

By the time M was about 9 mos old, we were ttc-ing (or I guess not 'using' anything to prevent)- even though we figured I wasn't fertile yet (no increase in cervical mucous). I don't feel fertile at all yet - no mucous changes - not to mention I got an IUD this time. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who will stop having periods altogether because of the Mirena! I know, I know, at one point I'd think I was a freak for wanting something to stop my periods, but I've sort of gotten used to it. One period since December of 2001 has been pretty darn nice so far.

Oh - I work out of the home full-time and I can't imagine not cosleeping! I think I would get FAR less sleep if we didn't. Not to mention, I need need need to be with my girls at night since I'm not during the day! Am reading a cosleeping book right now (for the life of me can't remember the title - and it's sitting in my pumping room at work) and really enjoying it.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#129 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
when are YOU normal? just kidding. i couldn't resist. :LOL
snicker :LOL

No periods here. Sorry, can't bring myself to call it "Aunt Flo". One of my friends just got hers after nearly 21 months (her son turns 1 this month).

Cheer with me? Jo found my date book!!! yahoo!!

Cry with us? Jo didn't get the job at the other college She didn't even get an INTERVIEW. How wrong is that when you're "strongly encouraged" to apply?!!

Tristan took 2 naps today! woo! Nice night's sleep last night, actually... got up at 8, went back to bed at 10, woke at 2 and then again at 7:45. I can deal with that!

xo, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#130 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:14 AM

Jen - glad to hear T's sleeping more. That bites about the interview, but I believe there's a reason for everything and there's probably something better lurking around the corner that you'll arent' even aware of yet.
Oh - how's the spitting up going? Within the last week or so I haven't even needed to use bibs!!! Ds is rarely spitting up and if he does its a little dribble. I think his whole digestive system is maturing b/c he's not even reacting to foods in my diet anymore - HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

#131 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:21 AM

Why be normal? (I used to love those shirts)

Man, I am suddenly a crazed fabric lunatic! But still not on board the expensive organics train... But I have been going to the fabric store like once a week lately, and spending $20-$40 each time. That's probably nothing to ya'll, but we are really tight around here. I just went again tonight and spent $45. I know dh is going to flip. But he's not here, heh heh heh... In fact, he is in AZ; had his big interviews today. I think they went great, so maybe we'll be moving this summer.

I keep finding these super cute prints. I'm just going to have to whip up some quick dipes using these fabrics and sell them on eBay or something before dh has my head. I found a great monkey one!! So I have to make two monkey dipes for you, Stacey, LOL. And speckly rainbow colored tie dye terry fabric... And cute yellow smilies wearing Uncle Sam hats... And the sweetest Precious Moments angels... Oh golly I cannot stop. If only these diapers would get out of my head and into my "finished" basket!!
#132 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:42 AM

Yea! Monkey dipes!!!
#133 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 AM

Belated thanks, everybody, for the back carrier tips. I am excited -- I ordered an Ergo for Mother's Day! Now I have visions of Getting Things Done While The Baby Happily Cuddles And Looks On. If this is an unrealistic expectation, please don't tell me ... oh, how I want to Get Things Done. Just a couple Things. Every once in a while.

Like cleaning the floors.

Or weeding.

Or pruning.

Or ... ah. I can't think beyond that. If I could mop and weed and prune, my life would be complete.

No period here, yet, either. Fine with me. I think if we decided to have another child we would probably adopt, having satisfied our urge to see what biology could cook up, so I'm in no hurry (we are Old People though, 39 & almost 38, so probably the one babe will be enough--just so very glad to have her). The lifetime supply of tampons I bought at Costco right before getting pregnant is taking up a whole lot of space under the bathroom counter, however!

-- Lisa

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"
#134 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 08:17 AM

Oh I am so envious of you all! I know I whould welcome my period, but with each babe it has come back at six months and seriously impacted upon my milk supply! I have to take domperidone and other supps to BF, though I am not complaining, because just being able to BF is heavenly. I have been on a 27 day cycle since Zeke was six months, but this month it has been 31 days. I would be running out to get a preg test, except that I know that this month we were really careful. I'll give it another week and then test. My supply is way down this month, even with the Dom. I know this can be a sign of PG, but also of my period. I want another babe, but DH would be so afraid! That's how I can be so doubtful about being PG! I put him in charge of BC -- "If you don't want to get PG, you better take charge!" And boy is he holding up his end of that bargain!

I am in Florida with my family, and having a hard time with it. Everytime I come I have such high hopes and they are always dashed. I have pretty serious alcoholism in my family, and since I have stopped drinking, it is even harder.... I am so happy to not be drinking and to be fully present with my own children, but it is hard to watch my mother and brother. It has made me sad and crabby this time. Can't wait to get home to my peaceful existence!
#135 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 09:41 AM

That's too bad about your family, Zen...

I meant to say, particularly to Heather, that my babies have slimmed down a bit and are still hanging on to their size small diapers! Man, they used to be able to wear larges, and fit mediums great. Now the larges fall off and the mediums are even big. I REALLY have too many diapers now!!! I could probably go a week or more between washes and not have to panic. But it's so. hard. to. part. with. any. of. these. diapers.... :
#136 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Sorry about the rough time with your family, zen-ozz

Sorry, too, Jen, about the job. That royally sucks. I've been keeping you and Jo in my thoughts about it - especially 'cause they had partner benefits

I'll be so happy when I'm not sick anymore. Hack, hack.

M had her 4th gymnastics class today - so much fun!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#137 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-ozz
I have pretty serious alcoholism in my family, and since I have stopped drinking, it is even harder.... I am so happy to not be drinking and to be fully present with my own children, but it is hard to watch my mother and brother. It has made me sad and crabby this time. Can't wait to get home to my peaceful existence!
I can relate. I have been drink free for almost two years now, but the preg helped alot in the beginning. I just keep thinking that I want to be the best I can be for my children and I can't if I just have one. That said, Dh family comes and they drink throughout the day. They think it is okay because it's really expensive scotch or whatever. It gets frustrating, but I have just now come to terms and even dh can have a drink around me and as long as he doesn't try to take any of my chocolate, I'm cool

Jen~ I agree that when a door shuts it's because God is going to open another. There is something else out there for her adn will probably even have better health benefits too. You never know.

Bryn's puking was pretty heavy the day before his tooth cut, so Jen I think you are on to something. He is still a puke pot, but not like that again.

I do not want to get preg again. I went through college full time including summers with Aidan as a babe and when he got older I thought I could go to work in school system, but I like working for myself better. When Bryn gets older I will be able to do the hours so I can get into alchohol and addiction counceling for the *troubled* kid schools. Who better, huh?

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#138 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 01:22 PM

zen-ozz - I can totally relate. I am so NOT looking forward to seeing my family (well not that I don't want to see them - I just don't want to be around their habits). Most of them smoke, drink, curse, etc...oh - and I can't wait to hear them talking crap about cding and bfing, etc...Thankfully we'll be staying with my MIL (who is just awesome). So, it'll be interesting...

#139 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Chrissy -- I can relate to the situation with your friend and the Ferber method. Yes, it is a very harsh version of CIO. In fact, I was just going to post about this when I read yours.

My good friend (who has two babies under 3 1/2) and I have been talking about sleep a lot. I thought she was very AP, and in fact she is in most regards. I was asking for advice from her about Thor's nightwaking, since I"ve been worried about it. She said that when her first was 10 months old, and she was 4 months pregnant, he was having serious nightwaking issues. They were cosleeping and she said he'd wake every 45 minutes to nurse. She couldn't handle it and was too tired. So she used the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." I got it from the library thinking it would be relatively gentle. NO!! It's horrible, I think. And now that I've read it I feel paranoid about my own sleep choices with Thor. It really makes me worry because he says all this stuff about how "some" parents encourage nightwaking and sleep problems in their child basically because they don't "teach" them to sleep on their own (in other words, put them in their crib and let them cry to sleep). He also says, and I quote, "New parents are especially guilty of this because they are afraid to let their babies cry." ARGH!! So I'm so surprised she used this book. She said her baby cried to sleep for 6 weeeks before he went to bed without a fuss. I just couldn't do that with Thor, and sometimes I second guess myself, feeling like I'm being too indulgent and that he'll develop a sleep problem because of me! Awful that I think that, isn't it? It just shows how hard it is to follow your instincts when they might be against the mainstream culture!

Zen ozz -- Family issues I think are some of the hardest to deal with. Good for you for overcoming many of those problems!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#140 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 11:28 PM

Yo Becca, good job!! Sounds like you are really able to handle a lot! Glad they provided a nice room for you to pump in.

I found some whole grain puffed brown rice by Nature's Path. Has a small amount of some form of sugar, small enough that I'm OK with it. Plus very dissovable. Lulu loves them, but can't yet pick them up by herself. I have to try Veggie Booty!

No AF over here. I'm glad, I a assume I am still infertile. Plus ALL my hair is falling out. It began around five months and has kept on going steadily. I swear I have lost 50% of my hair. But I always had mega thick hair so actually prefer it a little more manageable. Easier to dry!

Lulu has begun -- ta dah -- stranger anxiety!! As of yesterday. Usually at my weekly mom's group I can leave her with the gang playing on the floor or another mom when I run to the car/bathroom. Not yesterday! Let the wailing begin!! And, when her grandma (my stepmom) visited today she was not eager to be held. She hasn't seen this particular grandmom in about five months, so she is a "stranger."

Lulu is very sociable so this is a real departure for her. I figure it's the survival guarantee mechanism to counter act the mobility she's got now. KWIM?

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#141 of 491 Old 05-07-2005, 11:38 PM

Just wanted to say to Zen-Ozz, keep the faith! There is nothing better than being truly present with your kids.

Family stuff is SO hard, isn't it!?!? We're dealing with a lot right now, too. I try not to let it keep me up at night. Not always easy.

Anyway, best of luck.

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#142 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 12:23 AM

Kate has started eating more solids...she eats about 1/4 cup of pureed fruit or veggies around 2 and about 3T. multi-grain cereal after her last nap. Haven't really tried any finger foods with her, other than the few cheerios of Hannah's she steals.

We've got a tooth! She woke up for the 2nd time screaming a while ago, so I stuck my hand in there and could feel the sharp little daggers of a tooth! Finally!!! I swear, she has been trying to cut this tooth since mid-November. Will this help her sleep better at night??? Geesh I hope so because the zombie bit is getting old.

Where is Cynthia??

I had my period (I think?!?) in November and had serious supply issues for a day or two, but I haven't ad it again- so now I don't know if it was my period or not?!?

Kate is getting shy around strangers all of a sudden, too. When she's slinging or riding on my arm, she buries her face into my chest when people talk to her...sometimes even people she definitely knows. She grins when she does it, so I can't tell if she's being shy or flirting.

Sorry about your family, zen. Hope things get better soon.

Jen, that stinks about the job. Wonder why they encouraged her to apply?!? Weird...
#143 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 12:31 AM

Stacey - is it you who likes monkeys? I came across this and thought of you: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=44067&vid=64

ETA::Happy Mother's Day :

#144 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We got home a little bit ago from a Bay Area diaper party. It was a lot of fun! We are all exhausted - the boys passed out almost as soon as we drove away - but of course no one's asleep here yet. We were there for a LONG time, too - eek! Another family got there very late, so we hung out to help them feel welcome, and it ended up being almost 8 o'clock when we left! (we got there shortly after 1pm!) Anyway, it was a lot of fun to hang out with other AP families (this was DHs, too) and talk about all sorts of things. We left Iain's new HABA Ballino there though Hopefully we can get it tomorrow when we're in the area for church.

Speaking of tomorrow...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing day - and gets quite spoiled!

:LOL I see Christine just ETA similar sentiments!

I'll have some new pics soon, as I'm on *MY* computer now! DH took lots today, so we'll see what we got! I have been loving all the new pics everyone's posting!

Savannah, I can't believe your babes have trimmed down so much! : Maybe I shouldn't sell off my smalls just yet! :LOL Oh, I thought of you today when I tried a back carry in my KKACP, with the help of a couple of other ladies. I just loved those pics of you with the twins both in slings!

Have a wonderful mama's day, mamas!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#145 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 07:58 AM

Happy Mother's day!!!!!

Jackson thought it would be cool to get up at 6:02 this morning. Then I went to change his diaper without realizing that he had just pooped ( I just peeked in the back and saw no signs) and ended up covering both him and myself in it trying to get squirmy wormy to lay still on the floor.

Oh, but how I love being his mama! Gotta go rescue J from the kitchen!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#146 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 09:38 AM

William pulled up to standing today, using the couch then later the baby gate, then again later in the crib. Yikes. That was too fast! Now he's all over everyone and everything. I keep having to pull him off from climbing McKenna and toppling her over.
#147 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 09:38 AM

I knew that your good attitudes would rub off on me, I'm just crabby about being up with the baby early on mother's day while you-know-who and I don't mean Voldemort sleeps in. : but T is singing to me and that's pretty nice to listen to, and Sydney is sitting here glued to my hip (on the opposite side from the baby, of course).

As of yesterday T has figured out how to crawl backwards and he backed himself under a chair (the Poäng from IKEA) and got upset. And we had another late-late bedtime last night again when the room got too hot and we had to take him out and let him be up while we cooled it down. That air conditioner goes into the window today come hell or high water!!

Savannah your favorite rainbow family (that would be us) is eyeing a rainbow-tie-dyed dipe out of the corner of their collective eye...

pam are you sure you're not rescuing the kitchen from J instead of J from the kitchen?

Happy Mother's Day to you all,

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#148 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 11:18 AM

Savannah, that is the CUTEST dipe!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!
#149 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 02:27 PM

mama bear, that monkey diaper you linked to is really adorable!

Pam, thanks for the laugh about your poop disaster.

Jen, sorry your morning started out : I hope it has gotten better. I just got a call and e-card from my dh. Oh, and a nice devotional book from church this morning.

Off to the Renaissance Festival...
#150 of 491 Old 05-08-2005, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh Heh Heh.... I let all the dishes go for the last few days and this morning dh asked if I let them go so that he would have to do them today since he couldn't very well ask me to do them. So guess who is in the kitchen doing dishes for the last 1/2 hour? Heh Heh Heh...

Where IS Cynthia?? Probably dealing with new house issues. I hope she is doing well.

Sorry to the moms who's babes won't sleep. Bryn has been falling asleep around 9, but then waking so stinking early in the morning. I would almost rather him get to sleep late so that I can at least sleep in until 7. 7, that would be nice. Allright, he's almost done in the kitchen, time for me to go clean up the mess he made cleaning up.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page