Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oooh, that's bad Lisa. But i did sign up :
#542 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 05:56 PM

Hey - we do two books at once here too. Ori's current fave to munch on is What is God's Name (very unitarian). So I'm pretty sure that Ori is wheat sensitive (probably dd is too), and that's been hurting his sleep. So I've been weaning off it and I'm down to like 3xweek now (oh, that last push is SO hard), but WHAT TO DO with all the great putney pasta?!? Tonight we're going to have it w/on sale Eden sauce (fire roasted toms!) and quinoa/corn spag. Maybe dh will eat it. Maybe he'll pick out the raviolis...who cares. I've just GOT to finish it up and get the reast out of my system.

Does anyone know the best place to get hemp inserts? I want a dozen 6 or 8 layer ones, and then about 6 of the fleece topped. I saw that ecobunz has a pretty good price, just wondering if anyone (read: Jessi!)knows about a secret location...

Oh! my Usborne books just came in! Yea! And we went to the library and got a TON of stuff on signing w/babies and children, inc. a video made FOR children to teach them to sign. Cool! I'll let folks know what's really good/easy, if you're interested. Just mention it. Ok, time to get something done around here. hugs, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#543 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 06:04 PM

I'm interested in the signing stuff. Was looking around Amazon last night to see what was recommended so I could get it from the library. People bashed the "Baby Signs" one, and recommended highly one by someone Garcia. His uses ASL, whereas some of the others make up their own signs. Let me know what you like best.

Are you looking for inserts for a pocket diaper? or lay ins? the ones I have I got from the fuzzibunz store, to put insidet the FB. I have laid some just sitting in a diaper too. but frankly, Luka isn't a heavy wetter, so as long as I don't leave him too many hours in a diaper, it seems ok.

OK, I'm doing bills and just HAVE to check email every few minutes. Bills are boring
#544 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, if you want to reduce toddler screaming and increase communication, making your own signs is the ok thing to do, so long as you can remember them! But if you want Luka to have a skill beyond, ASL is the way to go. We started with "milk" and "potty" this week, I'm trying to come up with a list of things to use now, babes need concrete, so milk, potty, maybe diaper (for wet/change), mom, dad, eat, are on my short list.

Going to sign up for the diaper thing too, the question becomes do I have enough time to go through the sites to find the little pics.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#545 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 06:30 PM

I figure I can look at those sites when I'm otherwise distracted- i.e. nursing. I should NOT look at them while baby is alseep!!! 100 sites isn't too much in a month, but I did see on there that the little icon you're supposed to find is 4 clicks from the homepage on each site :
#546 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 06:46 PM

signing.... LOVE it! We started with Tess when she was 7 months old, and it was absolutely amazing how she picked it up and how she could communicate with us.

We started with "milk" and "mama" with Brynn, pretty much from birth!
I have a couple of web sites to recommend. We never did go with any course/book (although I did pick up an ASL dictionary when Tess was about a year old, but mainly for those obscure things)

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm ASL Browser
http://www.signwithme.com/main_signs.asp?ID=1 Sign with Me
#547 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 06:46 PM

oooh, meant to mention that Brynn already reacts to just the sign for milk. Pretty cool!!
#548 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 07:00 PM

I signed up too. Who knows if I'll actually do it, but hey worse thing is that I'd have something differnt to look at.

Lisa glad to hear the lunch went well.

Andy you sound like you always have a million things going on at once. Just reding your post tires me out some days.

Jessi I got your huge box today ds was dissapointed it wasn't for him :LOL but he had fun looking at all the diapers. Miss E has on the sugar peas one right now. DH put it on and I asked if it fit and he said "yeah but its a little snug" when I checked its on the tightest snap setting I'll have to take some pictures of her in some of the diapers and share.

Lisa I totally believe it about the hospital birth class. I took one with ds and everything was iv-this, epidural-that rack up your insurance.

Our tie dye diapers came out pretty god. I'll take some pictures later to share. DS ended up having the best looking one, but I didn't do too bad. I think I'm going to get some more dyes and stuff and we're going to do up the preimum's. DH seemed kinda dissapointed that he didn't get to do any. He's must have mentiond a dz times how he's never done tie dye. HA! all my mum's hippie-ness and her hippie friends weren't so bad were they :LOL We were always doing crafty things growing up

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#549 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 08:21 PM

Kathy- thanks for those websites- very cool. no need to buy books when there are things like that! there's a "kit" for sale on amazon for like $46!!! and people sell them on ebay for less, but most are VHS, and we have no more VHS here.
Smart Brynn!

Luka's been all fussy. Put him down on the bed on his tummy and he's happy as a clam. go figure.
#550 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 08:50 PM

Andy- I'd probably be interested in whatever ASL stuff you could find.

I took a year of ASL in college, so I have lots of videos and text books. I would say the boys knew about 15 signs when they were babies. They don't use it much anymore, except Makai uses the "more" sign for please, yes, more, have some and food. Why learn them all, when you can use just one? :LOL

We had a good time at the beach. It sunned up very ncely and then we noticed dead fish were washing up on the beach and man o wars in the water. Needless to say we got out ASAP.
#551 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 09:22 PM

Yeah! I just talked to Karen IRL, everybody!!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Ok, gotta go. Kobe is standing on the kitchen counter looking for something!
#552 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 PM

Oooh, you beat me to it. I was gonna post the same thing, :LOL. great minds think alike, I guess

I was gonna ask you- I know you've said Kobe has allergies- any food we should NOT bring, so that he's not tempted? I'm sure it happens often, but i want him to feel good
#553 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 10:01 PM

wow you gals are gonna meet tomorrow! cool have fun

Lisa you evil girl you. i signed up also, could be dangerous

Ya know I never took a birthing class. I refused to. My logic was why the heck would I want to go to a class on giving birth when women have been birthing for thousands of years without classes. Just didn't seem natural to me. I just went with the flow of it.

Well after having a nice quiet morning the girls decided to pay me back big time in the afternoon. Megan just didn't want to nap and was cranky as ever. Kaitlyn proceeded to annoy me like crazy, I want this I want that. First thing she said when she woke was I want popcorn. Sorry but no popcorn for breakfast, then all hell broke loose. So when do the terrible two's end?
#554 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 10:11 PM

hear ya on what to do. we're going to go through the tapes tonight (I hope). There are 3 different ones. None by Garcia, but none called Baby Signs, either. It's getting late, and we haven't even started the first one, so maybe tomorrow... time to post this (only two and a half hrs. later!) and see what people are up to tonight.

#555 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 10:12 PM

now Kaitlyn is throwing fits w/dada. Think I'll just stay here and pump all night :
i could use a big drink right now
#556 of 722 Old 05-27-2005, 10:50 PM

I joined the hunt too! Ought to be fun. Too bad I never did buy the computer (KIDDING!) but it would be convenient to be wireless. Oh well. I've enlisted Beca to help w/the hunt. She can go meandering around while I cook or whatever. 100 is 3-4 a day every day. Yikes! Is there a list of sites? There's only 60 or so sponsors listed. I think I'm already confused. Maybe I'm multi-tasked out...

I FINALLY found some wonderful looking and smelling organic lavendar plants. It took like 3 months of searching! I kept missing the shipments by a day or so everywhere I looked, and it would just be gone so fast! I guess lavendar plants are kinda hyena! anyway, it'll get put in by the front door tomorrow, thank goodness. It's looking somewhat barren and ugly there. Dd has agreed to help me clean up tomorrow. In exchange for madagascar (nothing free in NY!). I wanted to see it anyway. maybe dh will join in, a real family adventure. he's so tall that sitting in theater chairs isn't very comfy for him, so usually he passes.

Joined the June swap...hopefully something we actually want / need will magic itself to our door! yea!!

Have a GREAT IRL meet annie and karen!!! Take pics and post them when you can! How FUN!!! There's a big MDC mama meet up in NYC on the 12th June, but I'm going to have a backyard full of brownies tie dyeing their shirts. Very unlikely I'll be going (unless it's with the little monsters! :LOL ), oh well. I think they're meeting in the Sheep's Meadow, which has many fond memories for me. I slept there for a week one spring (when I ran away from home. I think I was 14?) and saw the dead there once a couple of yrs later, and saw the free clapton show there and ... those bushes are pretty private :LOL .

Does anyone know if I can use non-wheat flours in a bread machine? Or do the recipes HAVE to be bread machine recipes? Something finickey about them, I remember, but I've never used one. ** edit** Ok, I just read some of the recipes Lisa sent me,and they give me the bread machine info I wanted. thanks anyway

We took an 'alternative' birthing class with dd, but w/ds we opted for an evening meeting that the midwives put together once a month. It was informal, just a way to chat up about people's experiences. If ya'll remember, it was foul weather like 3 times in a row and we had a private tutorial, which was awesome! I never once entered a hospital for this one, thank goodness . Both dh and I have real aversions to them.

Lisa - I'm glad Zoe is in recovery : . My one true love-pup Casey (she's gone now) had to have the cone when she got broken (why do they call it 'fixed'?). She was most upset with me. But no hot spots and she was a happy puppy when she was finally free! I'd give her time off it every hour I was home for a few minutes, so she could lick herself (tmi?). I made sure she stayed away from the incision site. It's so hard with puppykids. they just don't ever really understand why they should have to wear such a silly looking thing. I KNOW she was embarrased in public. She'd only poop in the backyard and wouldn't go for walks wearing it. She was a VERY smart pooch.

Anyway, my new thought is this: I am willing to cut out wheat entirely, and even elim. the little tiny bit of dairy (parm cheese - nothing can replace it and don't even MENTION that rice/veggie stuff eeeeuwwww), BUT the milk I pumped...what do I do??? If I toss it I won't have any for the June night out. If I don't toss it he's just going to get the wheat back into his system! So...

1. how long does it take to get wheat BACK out of his body from say 6-8 oz of milk?
2. do I just save enough for that one event? I was REEEEEEALY hoping to see starwars this weekend
3. that's all I can remember.

Laura - I read through your birthing story ( , more comments there). I want to say here that Mama, if it's been said once, it's worth saying a thousand times. You are TRULY an inspiration. You have been so incredibly strong and dedicated. Numb, grief stricken, exhausted, rejected, sick, stretched, stressed, you have managed somehow to keep your children intact, and pulled your family together under the most incredible circumstances. Thank you so much for sharing it all.

Time to finish cutting fleece liners. I cut Jessi's last week (I think) and still have the rest of the fabric just sitting on the side couch. waiting. for elija??? Hope you ladies all have a good night.

#557 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 08:42 AM

I liked :
Baby Signs: How to Talk with Your Baby Before Your Baby Can Talk, New Edition
by Linda Acredolo, Susan Goodwyn, Douglas Abrams
(Linda also has a great book called "Baby minds")

Geneva was 13 lbs 14.5 oz at her 4 month checkup!

That's a crazy hunt! I don't think I'll sign up... not enough time
#558 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 09:06 AM

Andy: if it's for June, can you pump more by then? For this weekend, you haven't totally cut the wheat out yet anyway right? So just push that back to Monday? I'd save the stuff already pumped for absolute dire emergencies or else donate it if there's a lot and someone would take it.

We were thinking about doing the signing, but I didn't think it was worthwhile to start yet. Hm.

Off to get something breakfasty and hit the Joann's sale.
#559 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 09:18 AM

Just some pictures for your enjoyment

This is the picture I ws takign when she rolled over. She's in my favorite cover
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/azreial/rb1.jpg

tie dye diapers
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...al/tiedye1.jpg

more tie dye diapers
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...al/tiedye2.jpg

these are the two favorites I did the yellow and green and Christopher did the rainbow
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...al/tiedye3.jpg

I took this 10 minutes ago, Miss E is wearing one of Jessi's diapers which she peed in before wearing it 5 minutes
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...nelizabeth.jpg

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#560 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

G'mornin mamas... I've decided that I can't really blame dh for waking me up at night and all the bad sleep, as he has slept across the hall all week and I'm still getting bad sleep. Oh well. Lauren HAD to nurse at 10, 12, 1, 3:30, 5:30, 8:30 and now.

Andy, what are your symptoms with wheat?

Oooh Annie and Karen, you'll have to come back and give us a report about how cool you really are
Andy is threatening to come over to Cleveland this summer.. and dh says "why would anyone want to visit CLEVELAND? Don't they know they call this place the mistake on the lake?" :LOL

Laura, I don't think the terrible 2's end until kids move out of the house.

Andy, sit back in the wheelchair row at the theater - they put those seats a bit back from the row in front so that the legrests of the wheelchair next to the seat doesn't crash into the row in front. Kind of like the bulkhead on a plane

Yah Andy, you can use the machine, and I think there are non-wheat bread machine mixes out there too. I want those cherry chocolate muffins!

Childbirth classes - we took the Bradley class with a very pro ncb doula/nurse teaching it. Of course we promptly forgot everything once I hit real labor.

Yep, my conehead won't go out with it on either, but on walks she's too busy to lick, so it's ok. Actually right now she's curled up in dh's chair sleeping, I think she knows better than to lick now, at least when we're in the same room. If she wanders off, I threaten her with the cone and she either comes back and sits down or gets the hat. She doesn't like the hat. Last night I tossed her a few pieces of lettuce and she missed a few of them and they landed in the cone, she looked like a walking salad bar.

Andy, I vote you use the milk this weekend, and save the rest for fixing burns and cuts and such with the kids and you. I know it takes 2-4 weeks to clear dairy from your blood, and another 2 weeks to clear him completely, but I have no idea about wheat. I think it's quicker than dairy, but I really can't say. So use what you have now for now, and start pumping now for soon, and then that will have less % wheat in it, and then when you get to the June thing, you'll have very low % wheat and it'll be ok. Better to feed the boy-o a little wheat than to give him canned food

Ugh I wasn't paying attention while I ate and typed, and just dropped a huge spoon of hot oatmeal on my boob.

Fleece liners - do y'all get funky smells from them? My friend who uses waddlehoppers says that they reek of ammonia no matter how good she washes them out.

Az, nice cow! And great dipes! I like the bullseye one.

So does wheat make you gassy? I've also had some onion and bell pepper this week, which I know can cause gas, but man, babe and I are both making dh proud in the gas department. :

Going to eat some fruit (peaches maybe?) and find out where dh went. He was on baby duty while I ate and he left her under the gym and headed off somewhere.

Lisa

#561 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 12:37 PM

Lisa - We have fleece lined snap in things and the don't smell like ammonia. That usually has something to do with build-up of detergent, so even though she is washing them real good, she should rinse them with just hot water after she cleans them. If there are suds in the water, the detergent did not rinse out and they need to be rinsed until there are no more suds. Can take a while.

We had a rough night last night. Em peed on our bed so we had to change our sheets and then sleep on the comfortor so the bed would dry. It was so hot, combined with the fact that it is really hot here anyway. Will woke up at 2:30 (after sleeping through several nights) and was starving. We started him with some oatmeal and apples this morning. He has been loving the peas, and kinda like the cereal stuff, so now we are up to 2 meals. I didn't start Em this early, but he has really seemed ready. It is amazing to me to see just how totally different the 2 kids are.

We are going to a farmers market today, which should be fun, but we have to do it early so that it isn't too hot for us. It is only supposed to be 95 or so here today, so all in all it is going to be a beautiful day.

Better go and vacuum. We bought a Dyson yesterday and it is worth every penny. We have 2 dogs in addition to the kids, so we really have to be vigilant with keeping the carpets clean. As it is, they look like crap, so we are going to have to get them professionally cleaned anyway.

See ya later!
#562 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 12:43 PM

Not gassy. moody, and his snarts stink (but it CAN'T be dairy 'cause there isn't any!), and he snarts a lot (tho less and less the more I eat less...aha!).

wheelchair row, yup. btdt when I went w/beca to see the heffalump movie. she hasn't been very good today, but well, I want to see that Madagascar movie myself, so maybe...

Jeni - if I'm going to pump more, maybe you could get me one of those super cheal medela pumps??? What's with the one that's too strong? I don't think there is a pump too strong for my breasts. seriously, nipples of steel.

no funk on the fleece liners. I don't do anything special, just regular diaper wash. I do use vinegar in the diaper wash, tho. Jessi?

Annie - did you get to the OT?

Laura - well, maybe before 18, but not much before! :LOL

Ok, time to go watch softball! bye for now, andy

#563 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 12:57 PM

Az- I love your pics- esp the one of Mr C and Miss E. Miss E has such a distinctive and "grown-up" look- maybe because she doesn't have a super chubby face? I bet she looks like that when she's older. Ra'am has looked the same since he was a newborn.

I woke up BEFORE Luka today. What's my problem??? He had a bad night- teething, I think. I put him to sleep and he woke up 20 minutes later and then 20 minutes later again and I think one more time. then it was the usual 2-3 hours, but at 10:30 he woke up crying. I gave him some teething tabs and he went back to sleep. poor baby. he was so sleepy too. It'll be a coffee day for me for sure.
#564 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Hi all!

We saw Madagascar last night. Its really funny, although there's a lot of adult humor in there, that's just over the kid's heads. Kobe said it was his favorite movie ever, and Makai has been walking around saying "I like to move it, move it"..... Now that is freaking hilarious.

Andy- No OT yet. Her appt. is on the 7th. I'm having mixed feelings about it. The program is through early intervention, and before they do any eval. and assesments, you have to have a home visit with 2 social workers. Then they work up something like and IEP, but for little kids - I think its called and IFSP, or something. Anyways, I'm feeling uncomfortable with county social workers up in my hair, and for Violet to be labled with anything so early on. I talked to dh about it, and I think what we'll do is after we know exactly how much hearing loss she does have- is to have her receive her therapy privately. We have insurance, so they should cover it. EI sent me a bunch of develpmental checklists, and she is right on in everything, except sounds and auditory stim.
#565 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 04:03 PM

Andy: It's the Lansinoh Ameda pump. The medela I already had. Well, I tried the Ameda today. After figuring out that I needed to actually read the directions to put it together, and deciding that "one-handed" is stretching things a bit, it's not too bad. It fits my nipple better, but harder to get a seal on my breast, go figure. The suction's about the same, I guess. YMMV (that's Your Mammaries May Vary, in this case ). Was it you doing the nursing necklaces a while ago? I could definately use one, totally distractable now.

I was actually thinkign about Madagascar. We have a drive-in nearby, too. Double feature, but I don't want to see Monster In Law. Man, if they had HHGttG and Star Wars, I'd be ecstatic.

I noticed my wipes are getting ammonia-y, but not the dipes. I thought maybe the wipe container was getting funky, or needed more lavender oil in the solution or something.

**warning - long ranty** Yuck. I officially hate weekends. Today's screaming match was over me being gone for AN HOUR AND A HALF (let's all gasp in unison) grocery shopping and putting gas in the car. He swore she was hungry, so I cut my trip short and came home. And no, she didn't nurse for a good hour after I got home. I swear, she blinks at him and he thinks it's a hunger cue. And then of course, he was mad that I didn't get to the bank while I was out. I'm so sick of him dredging up every thing that has pissed him off over the last 7 years every time he feels like yelling at me, and insisting that it's all relevant because "that's why he feels the way he does now." I just don't see that as a justification of why he doesn't do any housework or pick up after himself. So, so sick of this. And then I finally got out that I blame him for all the crap associated with the birth, and now he thinks that "that's what all this has been about", like, every time that I've gotten pissed at him for doing nothing and leaving me struggling to keep up, that it was because of that. Um, no. How about acknowledging the fact that I can be pissed for two separate reasons? This reminds me of a few years ago, when he was worse (can you believe it? he was actually worse once) he always blamed everything on whether I'd taken my medicine or eaten properly. And yes, my irrational moods could often be chalked up to that, but if I was taking medication that would have made me not upset when he called me a lazy stupid (insert choice epithet here), I'd be selling that stuff on the street.

So yeah, not sure what I'm doing. I'm starting to wish I could be totally numb all the time, but I'm either numb or despondent. I can't even be happy when I'm playing with the baby. Can't even smile back at her. At least she's pretty much been sleeping most of the day.
#566 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Aww Jeni, *hugs* mama, I'll trade dhs with you for a day, mine's being a big buttinski too.

Annie, yep, IFSP - individual famly services plan - and they don't lable kids under 3 with specific disabilities, they just call everyone delayed, which I think is pretty lame, but better than calling one retarded and the other hearing impaired, I suppose. County isn't all bad, I worked at a county preschool (it went 0-6 but I was in 0-3), maybe there is a way around the home visits? If she qualifies for EI, she can go to county school 0-3 and then prek-whatever in your local school district. Even if you don't WANT EI in a school setting, I say go for the home services, private or county, whichever makes you most comfortable.

So buttinski helped me move the crib from Lauren's room to ours and then started bitching about how messy the house is and how we have no space and why I'm making even less space and blah blah blah and then stomped around slamming doors for a while. He just doesn't get it. You'd think he'd be smart enough to ask about space BEFORE helping me carry the darn crib into the room!!

I need to figure out how to get the crib mattress higher, I'm thinking our sleeping bags folded flat might be enough to do that, and then I need to figure out how to wedge the crib mattress over against ours, probably pillows stuffed between the far side of the crib and the mattress. I'm not even sure why I'm so obsessed with doing this today, but I miss having him in bed with me, and I need a little more space.

So he's actually working on a "worthy" project right now - putting our screen door up - it was on the front of the porch - the previous owners had screened the entire porch eons ago, and we unscreened it this year because Zoe had broken almost every screen. So the door is actually the screen door to the house, and it fits right, but the hinges are messed up and won't let the door close. He's working on making it all fit again, I think there are just 10000 layers too many of paint on the door frame and the door under the hinges.

Going to eat some lunch and then clean up Lauren's room, it rained and stormed and got REALLY cold here a little bit ago.

Lisa

#567 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 05:46 PM

Oh Poor Jeni. I'm so sorry. I REALLY know what it's all about, feeling so down and out. Dh's do have a special knack for gettin gus there quick! Please, try to smile at that beautiful little Bea...she's too cute for all saddy. Have you seen anyone to help w/these sad feelings? Not the mad ones, 'cause I believe that fighting and feeling misunderstood are valid and real. Just the persistent sadness shouldn't be there... you should sometimes feel :LOL and sometimes and sometimes . Lots of big hugs, mama. And I picked up a punp on sale at K-Mart (hey, it's better than Wal-Mart!) today. So no worries.

Lisa - weird on the bad weather. We're supposed to have rainy and storms, but it's all sun and humidity. I hiked to the park w/Ori in the backpack (still kinda weeny, but I put him in a little suit and put a folded diaper on each side to kinda wedge him in. He loved being in it! Also loved the softball game. Everyone just adores him there, all the mamas w/bigger kids elbow each other to be the one to hold him... very .

Well, I'm feeling kinda drained and crabby. Maybe some kava and sleep are in order. Or not...I've been staying up WAY too late (like 2am) and then getting up again at 5am w/Ori, and then sleeping periodically throughout the day, and it's starting to make me crabby all day. Poor dd. She's trying to be good, and she's kinda bored and waiting for something EXCITING to happen, and it's just not happening. Tough nuggies, I say. She's not doing what she's supposed to be doing (cleaning up her stuff) so until that stuff is done I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for her.

Ok, best move on here. Karen - I thought you were off to Oahu today?!

#568 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 07:18 PM

Well, he's off to gaming and I still never got the litterbox cleaned today. And next thing you know it'll be my fault the cats pee on his clothes.

Nope, no one really to talk to, just you guys. All my friends live in my computer.

As if my life isn't difficult enough, she's suddenly peeing through EVERYTHING. I suppose this goes along with the eating more at a time, less often. So much for the fleece wraps. I'm ordering some PUL so the fleece can be salvaged as the insides for pockets, but I think I'm gonna get sposies to get through the week. It's either that or break out the plastic pants. Of course this happens on a holiday weekend. I'll get this figured out in time for her to fit into larges. :LOL

The weather's been funky, too. One minute it's gorgeous, the next it's raining. Blah. So now I have sinus headache/stiff neck, too. I could probably top this day off by calling my mother so she can hang up on me like I'm sure she's going to.

Boy, I'm just a ray of sunshine. Honestly, it's not all that bad now. We had a bath cause she had a big poopy plus the totally drenching pees, and she's nursing lying on the boppy here and letting me type with two hands, just like when she was tiny. I think she may be trying to cheer me up.

Hm, I wonder if we can send our husbands to like husband training camp or something. Someone with a well-behaved DH should write the program.
#569 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 08:45 PM

Paq- so sorry he's acting like that. i agree a husband training camp is a great idea

Az- oh my that cover is just soooooooooooooooooooo cute!! I love it. What a great model you have there

It was such a nice day out for once. Forgot what the sun looked like :LOL spent most of it outdoors. Kaitlyn is so wiped she's already in bed. She discovered she loves puddles. Suppose to be out most of tomorrow too. I don't know when I'm gonna get time in to sew this weekend.
#570 of 722 Old 05-28-2005, 09:11 PM

I am new to this thread & MDC.........Ethan was born on Jan 16/05

Anyone else have teething babes???

I think my E is teething.........man oh man is he moody sometimes right outta the blue

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page