Jan05 Babylicious Babes - May part 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Az- ouch on the plugged duct. sorry about the lack of sleep. Is there anyway you can get some extra help to take some of the load off?
On the milk topic - sometimes mine is bluish-watered down and lately, its been on the yellow side
Lisa - I never put the butter in the soup anyway. Also, I often substitute the veges. This week, I put shitake mushrooms and spinach in the soup. Also, I am looking into teaching breastfeeding in some capacity. As a nurse, I already have some experience with that. There's no LLL in this town, unfortunately though! But, I am going to certify as a post-partum doula to help other Moms out. I could have really used a little help here after my ds was born. dh was great tho.
Nicole - Torin looks as if he would eat anything we put in front of him! In fact, dh let him lick a TINY amount of yogurt the other night (told me after the fact). Any good book recommendations on infant nutrition? I'd like to make his food from scratch if I can.
Andy - wow on the no brainer day! I've certainly had those. When I was pregnant, I was so tired and sick, I had a hard time multiplying 4 times 25. I shouldn't even admit to that!!
I just received my fbs in the mail!! yay! now, i am waiting for the wonderoos!! I'm excited to try these.
have a good day mamas. i'll try to check in later.
on the flax, Annie - Michelle's muffins are great and have flax in them!
Karen - Torin doesn't want me on MDC either!
#62 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 04:42 PM

It would seem that Bunches likes my muffins. Thank you. I'll have to try that soup.

Kaia's first plane ride went well. Having too much fun on my mom's spiffy computer with the wireless key and mouse and broadband internet. Meeting with a local LC for a second opinion today at 1. I hope it goes well.

Annie, if you are having anxiety about a particular thing, the Bach flower remedy mimulus might help. If you are having generalized anxiety about an unknown thing, aspen is your best bet. If your thoughts keep circling around about something in an obsessive manner, try vervain. Rescue Remedy is a good general purpose remedy too. I carry a bottle with me at all times. Glad you feel better today. Been up since 4am on 4 hours sleep. I'm gonna go nap now. Hugs to all!
#63 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 04:44 PM

Nicole- glad Will is doing better
No interest in food over here thats for sure. I'm pretty sure we'll be waiting for another 2-3 mths at least.

My milk looks very white and creamy most of the time.

Mary - that soups looks delicious! Hope you have a good day back at work, must be hard.

Karen- sorry you feeling grumpy today hope the rest of the day is brighter

Andy- whats a bangle? boy sounds like you got a classic case of momma brain

Annie- glad you are feeling better

Nothing worse than going through Megan's birth the first time but last night i dreamed of it, ugh so depressing. Megan's little thumb and finger are getting so red from her gnawing on it so much. Trying to give her other things to chomp on but she just likes her fists. Her tooth is almost through I think. I can feel it now but she doesnt' like me looking at it, she sticks her tongue out at me. She's such a cutie. I wanted to get a preemie doll that is customed made according to their birth size. Well I told dh about it and he was like thats a waste of money men! Well I'm gonna get it anyways someday soon. I think it would be nice to have for once she gets older and can see how far she's come. Hmm just thought of it, if I tell his mother about it I know she'll love the idea and tell him so, then he'll go for it. (he's a big mommas boy )
here's another pic cuz I love sharing
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...000_2559pp.jpg
#64 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mary - I think "super baby foods" is a recipe book for making your own. My friend has it and liked it.

Hmmm Laura is creamy, Az's friend w/older babe is creamy, the rest of us are skim w/fat - maybe it does change as the babes get older.

Been trying to get dh to go to the grocery with me all afternoon. We are seriously in need of food. No pears for me anywhere.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#65 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 05:28 PM

From what I understand, the bluish milk is the foremilk, creamy is hindmilk...So for all you blue milk mamas, I dunno, maybe pump longer and you'll get the cream, or try pumping at a different time of day. One other thought, if you're pumping on the other side, while baby nurses, its going to take longer to get the hindmilk from the pumped side...brainfart...I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...so pump a little longer on that side and see if it comes out creamier, OR switch sides and see if you can get a little cream after baby nurses.

LLL - I really want to get accredited. I just need to get it together enough to start doing it. Did I mention I've been nursing now for 5 1/2 years straight! s

Lisa- rashguard!! I keep reminding myself and then forgetting to ask! What color/size and do you want full body or shirt. Its no problemo for me to pick one up for ya.

Andy- looked through and picked out the naartje stuff. Unfortunately, it seems most of the little baby stuff I gave away , but there are a few cute things in there that I'm sending out, and when Mak grows out of his stuff I'll send that along too. I know I've got some winter stuff in storage as well....And, I'm planning on having san fransisco firend raid the store for me. LMK if you want anything, ok!

Thanks so much Michelle for the bach remedies. I'm going to pick some of that up today. Yk, I think alot of it that I'm sort of an introverted person and Makai is really not -- anyways, I get overstimulated really easily, and then I guess I freak out hehe...
#66 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 PM

mmmm....veggie sushi is soo yummy

4 days is a lot of days to be away from my babies...but I've made it! And I took an hour lunch and went to the daycare to nurse Isabelle. Fridays is my day off and tomorrow is my 30th birthday. Dh is making me a cake and we're going to have a bbq. Yay me!

As much as I miss my babies I'm starting to get back into work and my coworkers are awesome. Today they told my boss that 8am meetings are way too hard to be on time so could she please start no earlier than 8:30 :LOL Most of them don't have kids either. Oh and I hear y'all on the missing brain cells...and my attention span has been shortened considerably. An hour meeting means I'm pretty much spaced out the last half of the meeting.

Nicole-Yeah...Ruby fell off the bed a few times, but not 'til she was a bit older. And then when we got her a toddler bed she must have fell out of that every 3 hours the first 2 nights. Poor thing couple of times she just fell back to sleep so we left her there on the floor. Carpet is good...atleast in the bedroom. Glad Will is ok.

Andy- yay! for shopping...we all deserve a littl esomething nice to make us feel pretty

Karen- sending you happy vibes...sorry you feel grouchy.

Az- yuck on the plugged duct. I reccomend vit C. But I'm no expert....just seemed to help when I was nursing Ruby.

Annie- yuck on the anxiety attack. I'm really sensitive to caffeine, so I've been stick to decaf lattes to get my morning "coffee moment" fix. I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Laura - Megan had a rough start but it sounds like she's doing great now. We all have high expectations for our births and we get to grieve the loss of those expectations, but at least the outcome was good. Megan is beautiful!

OOh and I love the idea of working with mommies and babies. My dream would be to be a pre and post natal yoga instructor...

I just want to thank all you ladies- you're all so inspiring. It's just nice to be able to talk to people that think it's important to love and be gentle to their babies and the environment. And you're all so crafty!

I'm feeling all euphoric today...

Must get back to work ...model is done running.
#67 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Annie, I really just need info, what is a good brand/brands, etc. I think the only thing I found online was a company called protect-a-bub that makes shorts/tshirts and stroller covers. Know anything about them?

Finally made it to the grocery. I've been eating apples for 2 weeks and just realized that I can eat applesauce. Duh!

-L

#68 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Andy, this might work for you too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

#69 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 07:43 PM

Hey Jess: four days IS a lot! You were very brave and I hope you enjoy your weekend with family tons!

Lisa - I'd like to try a pouch, but I don't want to spend another 20$ right now. I just got an unpadded sling for $7 (inc. shipping) (THANKS AZ!), so I want to try that out for a bit and see how it goes. When I sell that carrier, I'll think about it, but I also committed to some wool wraps from a girl cleaning house (4 for 30$).

I told dh about the pupuguru concept, he was and beca was : made getting dinner down her throad tough, but it was nice having daddy home and we all enjoyed the laugh!

Oh, what about Annie's Aloha ... still working on it , but I like the Annie's Aloha or Aloha Annie's... something .

Best get motivated and do the diape thing, kitchen thing, and survivor thing. Finally, something to look forward to for our evening viewing pleasure .

Dh gets to walk the doggie tonight, at least!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#70 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 PM

Lisa - here's the one we got. http://www.uvsunware.com/children.html#capri we got the bubbles, but the pebbles and periwinkle are cute too! They're pretty big, and came rec'cd from a friend who has serious skin issues and has 3 girls w/sensitive skin. They have a play suit w/no crotch zip, good for playing in the sand, but harder to diape. change.

#71 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 07:58 PM

Lisa thanks fir all the info on the plugged duct. I don't think I'll do the letchin becuase of the ppd, don't want to chance making it worse but I might give the other stuff a try. I'm going to pick up some vit c for sure.

Poor left is in so much pain, teeth gritting eye tearing pain. I keep nursing her on the side for as long as I can stand and doing the hot compresses. I'm going to take a nice long soak and a hot bath soon. DH has to drive his sister home and pick up his dad and he's going to take Miss E with him so I can have some peace.
He's also going to sleep down stairs tonight hoping I might sleep a little better that way. Maybe there'll be better mood all around tomorrow

Michelle you're the herb queen <----nautral mama

Andy on doing something for you. You deserve it. The african orphange sounds too sad. I couldn't have lasted as long as you did

Annie I'm glad you're feeling better today. Anxiety can be really hard to live with. I can get it pretty bad.

I'm trying to limit my computer time. I'm getting fat, my pre-prg pants that were fitting no longer are : and my apartment was getting pretty gorss. Just yesterday and today I swept scrubbed the dining room floor, washed the walls and wood work, swept and steamed the kitchen and living room floors. Plus did some tidying of the dining room and a good amount in the living room. I also vaccumed ds's room and folded and put away 2 loads of laundry. I also managed to get 3 meals in, all in the same day I figure with all the cleaning I was killing two birds with one stone, the apart,ment looks so much better and that coumts as exercise, right?

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#72 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Oh Karen I think Elizabeth and Luke had some sort of confrence call, she's been squealing non-stop for 2 days now

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#73 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

OMG Az, you are a house cleanin' fool! Come visit me

I guess I'm going to bed. Lauren has been fussy fussy since 6:30, even with a nap in there this evening. Nothing like calling it a day at 8:00

xoxo mamas

Lisa

#74 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 11:20 PM

Az - I hear ya - I spend way too much time surfing around on here. Mostly, because I can't do this when he's nursing, I do it after he's asleep, which is when I COULD be doing other more productive stuff...I did get 3 loads of laundry done and a load of diapes into the wash (where it still sits). And I got dinner made, got to the post office (twice ha!), did my little shopping spree and picked up the tie dye kits for the brownie camp out next month. That's it. Ok,nursed the baby, what, 8 times? Changed 11 diapes., listened to two chapters of Laura's Ma (a Little House chapter book for young readers), watched survivor, ate more Newman's own hint-o-mint cookies... my pants don't fit either. I keep blaming it on the baby and saying it's cause he doens't give me a predictable time to go to the gym (which is true) and you have to reserve child care (it's a Y, what can you expect?) BUT that's bull. I have a treadmill and a jogging stroller. I do walk a lot - minimally 1/2 mile a day just to take the dog out, but usually more. I got so damned depressed about the weight that I bought new pants so I don't have to deal with it for a while. shameful. although everything was on sale... NO! It was shameful and I need to get it together. I gotta say, I am very glad that Beca is old enough to swim without me hovering in the water, 'cause the prospect of getting into a bathing suit is truly horifying (shiver smilie).

'Kay time for bed ladies. See you all in the morning. Andy

PS - I sold my first ever item on the TP - a book, but hey, it's a sale!!!

#75 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 11:34 PM

Hey guys - I need to know (now) how to receive a payment into my pay pal account.

Do I need to invoice and request the payment? Can she just send the money via pay pal to my email address? ~HELLLLP~

#76 of 722 Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 PM

She can just send it to yer email account.
#77 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 02:29 AM

Aloha mamas!
Thanks for all the hugs about my bad mood. I was just so sleepy. But I got some coffee (bad me!) in town and had a lovely day at the beach. It was so nice there. I actually met up with an MDC mama who lives here. That was really exciting and our kids got along awesomly.

Now I'm pooped.

Andy- yay on the shopping! so what if the clothes are a little bigger? it's important to feel good- and clothes that fit will make youi feel better than clothes that are too small. right? at least that's what I said to myself when I bought clothes 2 sizes above my norm a few weeks ago!
re pouch slings. there is a site- I have it somewhere with instructions for sewing an uber simple pouch. You can have very little sewing skills to make it. The only prob with it is that it might be hard to get a good fit (it's not adjustable). Otherwise I could easily sew you one (after I do my other craft projects that I'm behind on). It's seriously a 20 minute looking project.

Laura- swwwweeeet pic of megan!

Luka went to sleep after 5pm tonight and at 7 I started getting ansty about him still being asleep (because I need a good nights' sleep tonigt). So I told dh to wake him up. Well he did. Baby came to me (sitting here topless cuz hot). Latched on and now he's falling back asleep- 7:30pm. I need him to go to sleep for the night at a reasonable hour. not 11. darn. oh he needs me. ciao mamas
#78 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 07:03 AM

Congrats to Ori for rolling.

http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/evelyn/bumbo.jpg
She's almost too big for it already!

It was snowing pollen in our backyard yesterday afternoon.

Michelle, enjoy your trip! Those muffins sound fabulous.

My poor brain cells... I hope they come back soon. I miss them.

Evelyn giggled at me last night, three times. Hurray! She did some great swimming in the bath, too.
Yesterday was the 3-mo Well Baby visit. Evelyn weighed in at 17 lb 4 oz and about 25" long. The (naturalist, very pro-bf) doctor recommends starting the rice cereal mixed with ebm at 2x birth weight, which seems sensible. Hmm, that's about a week. I'd like to start feeding her, because it will lead to less pumping at work and because (mostly) it sounds like fun. Three months seems a little early.
She does watch us eat; Nana says she seems interested in food.

Oh you easily grossed-out mamas: Wednesday on the hash we passed a heart on the side of the road. We said "What is that? It looks like an organ!" and then noticed the dead possum on the other side of the street. A possum heart, whoa. Or maybe it was his liver. It was kinda big to be his heart.

Ann, that's hilarious about the geckos. Evelyn does the same crawling snowplow motion on her tummy. In the bathtub, the same motion looks like swimming, and works a lot better.
I'm sorry that you had an anxiety attack. Are you feeling better?

Bunches & tigerpurring, on CD - it's about the vanity! haha. I have a box of dipes packed up to send you. Since Torin is about Evelyn's size, maybe half of them will fit, but at least you can get a good look at the others. They're very pretty.

Bunches, best of luck with work today. I hope everyone is really nice to you and it goes quickly.

Az - my milk looks like filmy water at first, and then once I get to the hindmilk it gets creamy. You're getting the foremilk, is all; it's really watery.

PooPooGooRoo, I love it! That's awesome Heidi!

I read the other day that checking email all day lowers your IQ by 10 points. Eep! I hope the same is not true of checking this board. Even if it is, oh well - it raises my happiness by more than that.

Andy, ruin his down time by all means. The "us" is more important.
Everglades over HI? That is nuts. Maybe he means he'd rather be in the company of fish and mosquitos than us.

Thanks for mailing the books, Andy! Especially because it took two trips.

Okay, it's 5 am and time to try to sleep again.
#79 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 07:55 AM

What the heck, might as well finish all the posts.

Ann, 5.5 yrs of constant nursing - WOW!

Jess, happy birthday!

Megan is a darling!

Tiger, there are several good CD websites. Diaperpin.com is one, and diaperpages.com too.

Okay, 6 am, sun is up. Dang! Maybe I can snooze for an hour.
#80 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 08:24 AM

Thanks Ann - how duh not to ever have done it and there's no obvious instructions...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!! : : I hope you have an awesome day!!!

Mary - Good luck hon. Don't worry about Torin, he'll be fine. Just get yourself through the first day.

Jessi - amazing. just amazing. she's about half again as big as Ori. amazing! But TOOOOO cute!

Laura - she's so beautiful. just a creature of beauty...thanks for pics!

Ok, gotta go do the bus thing. more later!

#81 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mary, I made your soup last night. Well, I followed your recipe with what I had in the house - ended up with a nice side dish instead of soup - here's how badly I twisted the recipe - 2 small zucchini grated, 1/2 onion diced, sautee in sunflower oil, 3 c. turkey broth and 1 c. basamati rice, s&p to season. Dh liked it. Although our dinner last night was in the beige range - turkey, mashed taters, and rice. Boring

Jess, where'd you get the Bumbo? ebay or retail?

I think Lauren woke up. But I'm letting dh get her. I'm going to eat my oatmeal and read my email and take a shower before I become supermom again.

-L

#82 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 AM

Andy you sound like me :LOL I'm trying so hard to get this pit cleaned up. It was really gross I found dried dog poo under the dining room table : I filled 3 dustpans full and only about 1/2 of it was cat hair (Bill has a long haired cat that sheds like crazy) Things have been quite a bit neater since I laid down the law about the shoes in the house though. DH isn't happy about it, but he's not too keen on the alternitive. I told him the shoes come off of you can sweep and wash the floor.
Plus the lack of sleep is making it so hard to get motivated. Have you noticed that its you me and Karen that complain about it the most. Kinda interesting since we have the older kids. .

The boob is still killing me and now I've got a small blister looking spot on my nipple. When Elizabeth nurses it feel like I'm getting jabbed with fire hot needles all over. It hurts so bad. Between that the thrush and the constant nursing I'm just about ready to give up The only thing keeping me going at this point is the fact the nursing will help clear up the pugged duct. I feel like such a failure.

Yesterday was the 3-mo Well Baby visit. Evelyn weighed in at 17 lb 4 oz and about 25" long. The (naturalist, very pro-bf) doctor recommends starting the rice cereal mixed with ebm at 2x birth weight, which seems sensible. Hmm, that's about a week. I'd like to start feeding her, because it will lead to less pumping at work and because (mostly) it sounds like fun. Three months seems a little early.
I've never heard that about the cereal. I thought you were supposed to start solids when the baby had reach the milestones: sitting, interest in food (real interest not just interested in what you are doing) loss of the thrust reflex (how the baby pushes everything out with he tounge) and able to pick up things. I alway thought about 6mths? DS started early he was a terrible spitter it was aweful, my mum suggested the cereal would keep things down and it did. I think I should have waited a bit longer but it was nice not going through 3 outfits a day and I don't even know how many bibs

Karen it sounds like you ended up having a nice day after all.

My mum gave me the $$ to pick up a cradle swing, one that goes side to side instead of front to back. They have one in the office and my nephew fell right to sleep in it. She thought it might help me to get some rest or at least a little break. We got it 2 nights ago and started using it yesterday. Miss E thinks its great. She's been swinging in it while I've been typing (she never lasted this long in the other swing) and I just turned around and.....

I'm going go lay down while I have the chance

#83 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 09:43 AM

Happy Birthday Jess! I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful day.

Lisa- Your side dish sounds wonderful. So, what's the next food on the list?

Laura - Beautiful picture of Megan. She looks so content and happy. What a sweetheart.

Karen - I hear you on needing the babe to go down at a reasonable time. Will goes down about 6pm for a catnap and then back up at 7:30 for a meal and back to sleep. We got a full night last night. I go in about 10 and nurse him in his sleep so that he stays full, but after that, he lasted until 4am this morning.

Andy - I love to get new clothes, not matter if they are a bigger size or not. One of the dieticians at work said that it takes 9 months to put it on, and twice as much time to take it off. Just be positive, as much as possible, and talk to us when you get down.

We have had an interesting morning. Will came into our bed at 4am to nurse. At 4:50 he woke up screaming, so I set him up and out came this great big belch. Then we laid back down to do the other side and he spit up a ton all over me, since he was facing my boob, and not just the normal tablespoon or so, it really was a good portion of his meal. Came out his nose and everything. (TMI So off to the shower with the both of us! And the sheets are now in the washer. Not sure what that was all about. He wouldn't nurse off the other side after our shower, so not sure what is up with that.

Well, better go. Good luck to all mama's who have projects to complete, cleaning to do, hanging out at home and being peaceful, or are going to the office this morning. (hope I didn't leave anyone out)
#84 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 11:24 AM

Nicole - Ori did that overfull spitup thing a couple of times. Puked all aver me (pj's soaked) an the bed. Big burp - puke - no more nurse. He REALLY didn't love milk out the nose! yuck. yeah az - stick w/it hon. That sounds like what I had last time; the blister that you'd be willing to go under the knife w/o drugs to get rid of. I'm soooo sorry! I do hope it clears up quick! Glad the new rocker will hill get some sleep...

do you think we "older" moms are more sensitive to the lack of sleep?

ok, off to get food and do girl scout stuff.

#85 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 11:58 AM

Opps I missed it's Jess's birthday :

And I forgot to comment on all those pictures. Laura it always amazes me seeing pictures of Megan she grown so much. And Jessi Evelyn is such a big girl

Nicole maybe the puking scared him off for a bit. Or maybe he'd just gorged himself got rid of the extra and realised he wasn't hungry? Miss E does that sometimes she'll eat toms than spit up quite a bit and then stop eating even thugh she was acting starving. Sometimes I think the full gauge is broken

Andy I think we mothers of olders (not older mothers ) are used to having children but we're used to being able to do our own thing and sleep when we want to. I think maybe we forgot quite how tough it can be, where as mums of toddlers haven't had time and new mum's think it'll be a nightmere as sleep depervation so they're expecting it.

I just want to say how much I love my mum. I just got an hour of sleep all BY MYSELF that felt good and Miss Elizabeth is all nice and cheerful after her sleep

#86 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 12:38 PM

Lisa, I got the bumbo at BabyAge. I love to buy from there because their prices are good and their shipping is quite reasonable. The next day, they were out of them. Oh, and I saw one on eBay going for retail price. I figure, when it's too small for Evelyn, I can get my money back selling it.
#87 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 12:54 PM

Morning Mamas!

I've missed so many posts the last few days ~ waaah! It's a good sign though, right? It means I've been out & about and enjoying the sunshine and time with the kiddos. Plus, I've had some nice phone calls from friends to enjoy some adult conversation, so maybe that helped fill me up.

Megan is so cute! And Evelyn too, sitting up so big in her chair. I love seeing these pictures

ugh... have to write more later. Brynn is super sensitive to typing noise (soooooo unlike her big sis at this age!), and so I think I'm waking her up. It's a Catch 22 ~ write when she's sleeping, I wake her... yet I feel like I don't want to sit and post while she's awake, kwim? Oh well, I'll find some time... sometime!
#88 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 01:04 PM

Happy Birthday Jess!!!

On sleep. I actually did not expect to get sleep when I had Luka. My kids have been fine, but never really GOOD sleepers. Seriously, it was all ok until this last week, when I was both sick AND he had a couple of bad nights. That was too much. Add in that a dh who got an xray yesterday and is confirmed to have fractured his rib all the way through. so it's been a challenging week that way. BUT.... Luka slept 6 hours last night, which he hasn't done in a long time.
I think he's having teething issues. the way he's fussing at night seems so. I forgot to get some teething tabs yesterday, but I did give him some homeopathic chamomilla, which is the general teething remedy- and since he slept so well, I'm pretty sure that's it. It doesn't seem to be a priblem in the day, but at night.... poor baby

Jessica- all due respect to your doc, but I've never heard that thing about dbouling weight and starting solids. The American Acad of Peds says around 6 months, as does most orgs. Az mentioned the signs of readiness for solids in her post. At 3 months, generally their digestive system isn't mature enough to deal with food. THe main risk anyways about early solids is thta it increases chances of food allergies. Here's a link from kellymom about when to introduce solids. Of course when I was a baby they gave solids after coming home from the hospital!
Oh, and that pic of Evylyn in the bumbo- SOOOOO Cute! that girl's got some ROLLS!

Az- sooooo sorry about the plugged duct!!! you doing hot compresses? Esp on that nipploe right before she nurses. also make sure you're getting a lot of down time, and not wearing a bra that compresses anywhere. be really dilligent!

my brain has been lame recently and everytime I get on here I just have so much to say and then I get there adn can't remember it all. I go back and read posts again adn come up blank. Sooooo, if I haven't mentioned someone or you feel neglected, do0n't take it personally.. My baby is getting all the smarts, while I lose em
#89 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 02:07 PM

Kathy, read while sleeping, type while awake. Reading takes more time, so maybe that's a good compromise.

Karen, owie on DH's rib! Does he have to do anything to get it to heal?
Thanks for the info on food readiness. I knew you guys would have plenty of advice. Evelyn will eat rice cereal when I feel like it's time for her to eat rice cereal. So far that time is "not yet." The kellymom page mentioned giving the baby a cup of water, or some water in a straw. That might entertain her. She does want to eat during dinnertime, when she smells the food.

MIL says she fed DH rice cereal at about two weeks old. Two weeks! That's crazy! Of course he was FF too, on doctor's orders.
#90 of 722 Old 05-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Hi ho, Hi ho, its off to work I go. I feel surprisingly okay about it though. Torin took 3 0z of breastmilk from me from the bottle and then, 2 more from dh so I feel a lot better now that I've seen him take the bottle well. I am going to miss him terribly but I know he'll be fine with dh.
i can't address everyone because i have to get ready for work!
Rice cereal - my Mom's doc used to tell her 10 pounds or 10 days!! So, she always thinks breastfed babies are hungry and should start on cereal. But, this is what she was taught and she has 6 children, 14 grandchildren. She is sooooooo good with babies so I usually just laugh off her comments. She and my Dad were so awesome. They came to Alaska for 3 1/2 weeks in January to help with Torin. She did EVERYTHING for us!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page