Jan05 Babylicious Babes - May part 2 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2005, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Tiger! Adding you in someplace special...got you on the first time mama, but oh, there's more...MUCH more!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM

Wow Andy thats impressive, good going

Happy Birthday Annie :

Az- sorry to hear of her passing
Cute pic, need to show more

Kathy-would love to see it

I started watching American Idol but my pump was calling me but I pretty sure Vonzell is going anyways, if not i'd be shocked.

I got my ppd Af 5 weeks after birth, talk about sucky : heck I got it back before any of you gave birth, now that just seems so wrong, blah!

Megan has got a really stuffy nose poor thing. Not sure if it's a cold or just from her teething. She seems a bit uncomfy at times but in general seems ok. Hoping for a good night sleep tonite. My dh has a nice 4 day weekend and we are both going to see the star wars movie my cousin offered to sit for us and she said make sure you guys get some lunch afterwords, you deserve some time alone. Aww she's so sweet
Old 05-18-2005, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Aaaaah, I think I had a reaction to the chocolate?!!!!
I am all flushed and hot like a sunburn and my face has red flaky patches on it. Aaaa!!!

Going to stop chocolate for a day and see what happens.

G'nite mamas, xoxoxo
I'm exhausted, and Lauren is still sleeping
Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:39 PM

Andy a nurse I am not, no people skills here "what you need some more meds, can't you see I'm chatting babylicious right now" :LOL Oh no not for me, I work in dilbert land: a dark cublical with no public interactions.

I'm also a cat person, well a pet person. We have 2 dogs (emma and Louie) 2 cats (cat and dragon) 2 lizards (mr smiley, he bites and godzilla, well he's really a salamder is that a lizard?) 2 fish (piranah, we need the shiver smilie here) 2 guineapigs (#2 and cinamon) a trantula and one wondering turtle (mrs turtle/cha cha)

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 05-18-2005, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Aaaaah, I think I had a reaction to the chocolate?!!!!
I am all flushed and hot like a sunburn and my face has red flaky patches on it. Aaaa!!!

Going to stop chocolate for a day and see what happens.

G'nite mamas, xoxoxo
I'm exhausted, and Lauren is still sleeping
Lisa
poor lisa

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 05-18-2005, 11:51 PM

Wow, Az, a real menagerie!

Annie, happy birthday!

Bunches, got out of medicine for a lot of reasons. But, I was in one of the top medical schools in the country ON SCHOLARSHIP, and you know, you couldn't have paid me to do another semester. Maybe if I was tougher, I would have been able to put up with the BS (sooooo hard to handle, especially because I really "felt" with the patients), but it was just tearing me up. I hope none of my classmates ever treat me, or see me naked.

Andy, you're so funny. Did you check the tension in your machine? Your sewing that fleece, right? That might be a little too thick for your machine to handle? Maybe you know this already. But my machine couldn't do it. (Not like I've used my machine often, but you know . .. .)

OK, baby #1 needs rocking and patting . . .
Old 05-18-2005, 11:52 PM

Andy, I'll PM ya the password! Beware Mama, 80 some odd pictures! Settle in with a snack :LOL

Oh yeah, forgot to mention re: cosleeping that our mattresses are on the floor. Definitely like having less distance to fall, just in case.

Lisa ~ great going with the nurse-in! Can't wait to hear all about how it goes. I have the pleasure of living in one of the eleven States without any legislation for breastfeeding or protection for the rights of bf'ing Mamas & Babes. Joy.
How different from Ontario, where it is fully legal to go topless? We Canucks are a wild bunch (oooooch, them would be some c-c-c-cold nipples! )
Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 PM

Laura, PM'd you too

I don't want it to seem like I'm only wanting to give it out to certain people ~ you are ALL really welcome to peek. I'm just more cautious because MDC is open to any joe-blow who may be popping in, and I don't want to share it with any joe's
Old 05-19-2005, 12:43 AM

so I can get back to mousing.

Lisa, dasher is amazing. Need to spend some time practiing, though, and training it to my writing patterns. Can't use it and rock and think all at once right now. So sorry about the chocolate, ick! Hope the rxn goes away quick. Want to hear about the nurse-in . . . (Haveto admit once upon a time thought nip was gross . . . spare us pooooor, ignorant souls!)

Forgot to add, Bunches, that a lot of days wish I had stuck with it--such a shortage of respectful, holistically-minded people in traditional medicine--but like I said, I was a wreck, and the bad 'tudes ran me off. That's why you, Annie, & the midwives are real heroes in my book.

And Lisa and our premie moms. Those babies are so fortunate to have you.

Somebody commented that I was upbeat for twins. I am. I melt dwn pretty often, but it usually mostly passes. The problem --I so often feel worried that I'm not doing enough _(insert just about anything here)_. Not loving enough, interactive enough, successful enough, even nutritious enough! :LOL :LOL But I am so blessed, and dh, poor guy, is a big help, even when I'm not so nice, or when I'm a real wreck. He tries to nderstand, & sometimes does better than I do.

In June I'll post pix of our rollover accident--@ 4 weeks gestation! I can never forget that C & D are a gift.

Shes asleep.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:02 AM

Andy you're awesome!!!!

I knew someone was from Arizona...

Az- I'm sorry for your family's loss and sorry I didn't read your post more carefully.

Lisa- I'm sorry about the chocolate! sounds like Lauren is doing better.

Thanks for all the advice on co-sleeping, ladies. We didn't really start cosleeping with Ruby until she was 8 mo so Iwasn't as worried about her falling so much, and I used pillows to keep her in bed, I didn't figure she would suffocate by that age. We were also in a much smaller house with a smaller, lower bed.

I need to go to bed now. Have a good night everyone... sending good sleepy vibes to all your babies!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 AM

Just popping in to say hi. Not much going on, so much to read though. Andy you are a riot. The intro was great.

I am Nicole. I am married to Russ and mom to Emily and Will. Em is my too smart for her own good, almost completely potty trained almost 3 year old who hates to be wet for any reason unless she is naked or in a swim suit. (Seriously, she will take of any clothing thhat has even a drop of liquid on it!) Will is my precious son who reminded us not to take for granted that babies will be born healthy, and had surgery at 3 months old to fix his heart. We like to say he was had just a bit of warranty work to get done after he was born. We have 2 crazy dogs, and will only have cats of the stuffed animal kind.

Andy, I agree with whoever mentioned the tension. I had the same problem with the sewing machine. You might want to check that.

Getting tired. Going to bed now. See you in the am!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:07 AM

Oh Az- I'm so sorry about grandma. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

So...umm, I think there was something I was going to write, but now my mind is yet again a blank. Big surprise there. I'm taking a break from the dreaded photoshopping/yearbook making. I'm really over my head on this one. I have no idea how to use photoshop. So far my MOM has basiccally done all of the collages and I've done all the portraiting. That's what moms are for, I suppose. Thanks mom :LOL

Birthday was good. Dh decided to bbq me a "meat trifecta" (his words) for my birthday dinner - tri tip, hamburger and bratwurst. Now I am bloated and dying.

My grams has not been doing so well since my grandfather died in Jan.-- if anybody remembers that. I think I'm going to have to fly out there for June, since she has been asking for me lots. Bummer though, I will have no internet access - its on the outskirts of a soon to be abandonded rural Nevada military base/Indian reservation. <gasp> what will I do without you all??? On another note, if anyone is in Reno Tahoe area I'd love to meet up! Maybe Michelle?

Ewwww...my kitty just brought in a humongous flying cockroach and is eating it on the floor. Yuck!

Lisa, so sorry about the chocolate Have you ever thought you might be allergic to it before? Do you crave it? That's usually a sign that you're allergic to something. I'm tellin ya - cod liver oil. Its great for allergies

Az- I'll PM you my address tomorrow. I do want the bedwetter pants. Haha that sounded funny. I think its awesome that you have so many pets. I would love that, except I have been forbidden from bringing in anymore animals since the buy one get one free cat sale at the humane society.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nie/happyV.jpg

and my funny girl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ummysoaker.jpg
Old 05-19-2005, 05:10 AM

I have to say, Violet's thighs look really fat in that first pic. She's NOT that fat. Hehe its just a poorly folded prefold. She's actually starting to thin out these days
Old 05-19-2005, 05:19 AM

I know it's late, but : Annie!!! sorry you had such a bad night last night!!! I was absolutely exhausted all day.... in a bad way. but what can you do???

You all were BUSY chatting today!!
We had a nice beach day. We saw some spinner dolphins jumping offshore and dh quickly got ready and swam out there. Said he had a peak life experience, swimming with a pod of 60-70 dolphins. I, of course, hung out with the babe. sigh.... I'd have likely been freaked to be far out with such large and so many creatures. But it sounded cool!

Az- sorry to hear about ds's great-grandma.

Mary- I got my period back at 9 mos pp with both R and N. At 6 mos I would start to feel like I was gonna get it, but never happened. We'll see this time. It's an arbitrary thing. I've known women who nurse TONS and around the clock who get theirs at 3 mos pp, and then some who don't their whole nursing career.

OK, I'm reading all of your posts and responding at the same time
Andy- I your rundown of who we are!! You had me! You rock mama!

oh, our Lanai isn't screened or anything. I guess for you all it would be a porch. no one here has those big screened in ones like they have in Florida. Those are cool though.

Lisa- was so excited to read that chocolate was ok, and now you think you had a reaction? that's horrible news! I hope you're wrong!
and tell me, what is NINO? I talked to a mom today who has an ergo carrier. she loves it- looked comfy too.

Kathy- I understand not wanting the pics to be out there like that. I actually got a little weirded out the other day. i got a pm the other day from a new member, no posts who read Luka's birth story. I was a mesage that said cool story. Well I wrote back thanks. Then I got another pm asking me some questions about it- stuff I just was not comfortable talking about with someone I don't know. And because she had no posts I couldn't look her up. I almost thought about pulling the story (and it's on the due date board- not even with the rest of the stories), but decided in the end to just leave it and not be paranoid- I mean this is the only time in almost 4 months, right??

Hi to joyce, and jessica and anyone else i didn't mention. I'm just so tired that this is all my brain can handle right now! pathetic.
anyhow, baby is alseep and I will soon also be.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:29 AM

OMG Annie- she is sooooo cute! I love those up close and personal pics!

Glad your bday got better- and meatier.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:25 AM

A quick good morning..... want to go back to bed. Up at 0400am to pump. It completely light out - weird!
Jess - if you'd like me to mail you the diapers Jessi kindly sent me that don't fit Torin, pm or email me with your address and I'll gladly do so!!
Jessi - I'll keep 4 of the medium size. I used the Cherry Bomb yesterday and liked it. Nice and soft! Thanks!
Back to bed.................
Old 05-19-2005, 10:29 AM

Annie its a good thing you mentioned the prefold I was thinking that baby had some giant thighs. I like trhe second one it look like she's rying to figure out what the camera is. I remeber when your grandfather died. Its so saad all these deaths around all this new life. Is your grandmother sick or is it grief?

Karen sorry you were tired I hope you're getting some good sleep right now. I had to kick dh out of the bed the last couple of nights so I could get some good sleep. I'm functioning now. I'm thinking I'm going to kick him out another night though.

tigerpurring I'm sure you're doing more enough. One of our old neighbors had twins and she felt the same way. I imagine its because you think you could do more if you only had one dc? You twins looked healthy and happy in those cute pics you shared. I have to say that I loved the 2 of you and dh getting ready for a walk, each of you with a twin in a wrap.

I had a flat tied on to Miss Elizabeth last night and when I put it on, I knew it wasn't folded well but I figured it would be fine. Well I was sitting down nursing her then I brought her over to the couch and stood her up and she was all smiles. I looked down and there was no diaper except fot a bit tied around her hips, my knot was the only thing that stayed. The little streaker thought it was great :LOL

Old 05-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi
I have to say, Violet's thighs look really fat in that first pic. She's NOT that fat. Hehe its just a poorly folded prefold. She's actually starting to thin out these days
:LOL :LOL :LOL : : : : : :LOL :LOL :LOL

just popping in - baby's crying and I've GOT to take a shower to wash and wet my hair. haircut in t minus 1 hr.

xxx andy

ps - I'm not not responding to all the rest, I haven't even READ them yet~!~

Old 05-19-2005, 11:56 AM

2 more secs here - got to get diaper bag ready - t minus 15 min.

Annie - she's so beautiful. Really...

Karen - NINO stands for Nine In Nine Out (meaning months) - allusion to wearing baby instead of plonking into stroller (which I'm about to pack for the sitter LOL!). It's a loose organization that has branches all over the world. Cleveland has one, but Albany doesn't (actually there isn't one in the entire NY State (some kind of Empire, huh?). They share info, and the person running is usually a Lisa type person with a TON of baby carriers of all shorts and sizes for people new to babywearing to try out. Very cool, IMO.

Hi to everyone - Hope Karen and Mary and whoever else needs some is sleeping! Hugs, andy

Old 05-19-2005, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Joyce, glad you like dasher. I stumbled across it while I worked for kids who can't move. Just wait until your babes are bigger, you might find yourself on your back with a babe on each side when they are sitting up Talk about exposing yourself to the masses!

Kathy, yah, makes me so thrilled to be in Ohio. Backassward state. Anyhow, at least in Ohio "indecent exposure" laws are very narrowly defined as "reproductive organs" which means breasts are ok. I can walk topless down the street and sure, some jerk will arrest me, but I'll have it overturned. Not that I'm going to walk topless anywhere, but hey, it's good to know. Then the old farts passed a new law saying Ohio beaches are not part of that rule, you can't go topless there. Oh well.

Gotta go shower, we have a chiro appt in 35 min. and I'm not ready.

Didn't shower, went to chiro, forgot to send this message, so I'm going to continue.

OMG Annie, are those Violet's fat rolls showing through the soaker on her thighs?!?!!? I and want to SQUEEZE them.

Karen, wow, what fun for dh.
NINO - "nine in nine out" - babywearing for the first 9 months - I think it's uhh.. nineinnineout.org - the gal I had over started a chapter here, and she has BOXES AND DRESSERS full of carriers and slings.

Andy, I hope you get a fab mood lifting mama lovin haircut that makes you smile!

Ah, deep breath for me. Lauren is napping (yahooo!), she seems to nap after we go to the chiro.

Andy, I don't have nearly enough carriers to be a NINO leader. I tell ya, this woman brought over 2 tubs yesterday of her "teaching" slings and wraps, nevermind that her "wearing" ones fill an entire dresser in her bedroom and she coordinates her shirts and slings to look cute.

Ok, I'm going to get some lunch and maybe shower. Honestly I don't want to shower. I want a big warm hot pack for my shoulders and a blankie to cuddle up with, and a nap.

Lisa - who is really really really hoping that she can have chocolate again. Going to try some more tomorrow, a different brand perhaps.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:03 PM

We have a NINO around here but I've still yet to make it to a meeting They met at 10AM 1 1/2 hour from here and the one time I was able to make it. I got all pack up baby fed, chagned and happy and we about to head out the door and I looked at the clock 10:30 : I'm hoping to make the next meeting though

well we've got raspberries here. She did one last night and a couple today. She doesn't get one everyimte she tries but its too funny I'll sit there making some and then she'll pop in with one

Old 05-19-2005, 02:21 PM

Lisa! That is so wrong! How unfair that in all this worry about the baby reacting, and it seems to be okay, and suddenly YOU break out! Gah! Maybe it was the stress, and not the chocolate brought on by the stress?

Karen! The coffee arrived yesterday. Thank you! I can't wait to drink some of it. Saturday will be a good day. DH is in charge of coffee-making, even though he does not drink it. Nana is excited about it too. We all like the part about it being hand-picked by middle-class white people. :rofl
Very cool about DH and the dolphins.

Seriously, is it legal to go topless in Ontario? Mmm, Toronto. Maybe that'd be a good vacation spot. I would love to be able to go outside without putting on a shirt.
And Ohio! Everywhere except the beaches? that is sooooo United States. It makes Cleveland sound like a good Mardi Gras spot, potentially.

Tiger, interesting story about Med school. I'd love to hear more sometime. (in your copious amounts of spare time, ha ha) How far into it were you? I'm glad you did not succumb and become like them.

Kathy, ooo, I want to see your album toooo.

Ann, sorry your grandmother is not doing well. That sounds very hard, out there in a deserted spot and suddenly more alone. Seeing that beeeautiful baby will cheer her up for sure! That is one delectable little girl. She does seem to be thinning out. Evelyn is too.

And in my world... Evelyn pulled her sock off in the night. There it was, by her head. That's her big accomplishment. It was a bit of a rough night, two feedings before 3, and then diaper changes frequently after that. She kept peeing and then squirming about it. We had fleece and suedecloth diapers on her for wicking, but the pee still bothered her a lot.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Good Morning Ladies,

I am working from home today. I forgot how wonderful it is to be home in the mornings. We went for run, nursed and now he is sleeping and the house is quiet. Peaceful bliss. Ahhhhh.

We have a notary coming over today so that we can finalize the refinance paperwork. We found out that we gained about 140K in equity on the house, so we are combining some debt to lower payments and gain some tax benefit on it. Makes the money situation a bit better. Housing prices and values have just gone crazy here, so we are taking advantage of it before house prices drop here.

Will seems to have changed his schedule some. He is eating every 4 hours now, and seems to be content with that. We were doing every 2-3 hours, so this sudden switch has me confused. On the bright side, he is nursing again, so that's something in and of itself.

DH is going to the doc today. He thinks he might have a UTI. He has pain...uh... down there and it is progessively getting worse, so off to the doc he goes.

Annie - Violet is a darling little girl. She looks absolutely wonderful! I love the soaker.

Andy - great intro. Are we going to put it at teh beginning of each thread?

Lisa - What kind of chocolate did you try? Was it milk chocolate or dark? Also, you might try carob instead. It kinda tastes like chocolate, but isn't.

Tiger - I have so much admiration for you. I though doing this with one was hard, I can't even imagine what it would be like with 2.

We had some sad news last night. A good friend in the neighborhood was 12 weeks pregnant and they found out yesterday that the baby stopped growing at 10 weeks. I am so sad for them. They are remarkably upbeat about it. Of course they are sad that they lost the baby, but her thought is that at least they can get pregnant. So, please send healing vibes her way. She needs them.

Well, gotta go shower. I can smell myself from thhe run. :LOL :
Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

OMG the health reporter from the tv station wants to interview me to be on tv!!! I'm TOTALLY not wanting to do that. Super nervous. Yikes!!

Yah, it's not LEGAL in Ohio, but "indecent" is defined as genitals, and genitals does not include breasts, per the State Supreme Court.

AND it's discrimination if men can take off their shirts (case decided after a gay pride parade) and women can't. So whatever that means...

UGH gotta shower now, must actually dress like an adult and nurse my screaming kid on tv. YIKES

Lisa

Old 05-19-2005, 03:27 PM

woo hoo Lisa!!!!

I have pictures of us marching around Arcata, CA topless to make a statement about bf.... it was fun!!! Ra'am was a wee one on my back then!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Give us the link when the story is out! Woo-hoo!

Karen, Arcata sounds like it's really something. Must visit sometime. Too bad plane fares are going to be so expensive from now on. Maybe I should make sure that DH takes lots of overseas assignments to rack up some miles for us.

And anyway, Karen, how much does it cost to hop from your island to Annie's? Hmm.

Andy, was it you who mentioned that Ori was pulling and tugging on your boob and doing all kinds of mean things to it? Carmen and David are, too. It's like my boob has become a new chew toy. I don't bother to tell them no (I mean, they don't get "no", right?), so I just break suction and distract them with something else (like their hand--chew on that!). They don't seem to mad about it, and I'm hoping that distracting them away from chomping on mama will prevent them from making a habit of it. I hope your boobies feel better soon, Nystatin or no.

Anyway, eager to hear more about your adventure, Lisa. I'm looking forward to the day when I get tackled by two hungry babies who are looking for a snack. That's going to be great, but I agree, talk about exposed!

Nap over. Time to switch computers and get on with the day.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Well, whew! First minute I've really had that's longer than a minute. Ok, I'll go fix Az's role in our world - geek, not nurse. multipet Queen, ties w/Laura for lamest MIL in the group.

Annie - I'm glad dh even remembered your birthday. I got bupkis from my dh. not even a card. lame. Weeeel, he did make breakfast, but that's 'cause he likes breakfast, whether I do or not. I hope last night was a better sleep night for ya'll!

Karen - tired mama. you doing too much? Maybe you need a little angel on your shoulder saying '...sleep when the baby sleeps...' a very good mantra. If dh isn't 'on assignment', is he home? does he get to spend extra time w/family when he works from home? I'm sure there's always something to do - review, edit, cut/paste etc., but seems to me if he's AWAY when he's working then he should be able to make up for it by being PRESENT when he's home...kwim? Now that the nanny is gone, you could use an extra hand...not quite 4 mos. is still pretty darned little...

Yeah Tigermama, I wanna know - what kind of rubbish is it that they teach med/nursing students, because they are some of the smartest, kindest people in the world, but they lack emotional intelligence, and seem to be crippled by the 'system' that says you take newborns away from their mamas, you parade patients half naked through hallways, etc. so - is it all as much of a 'medical conspiracy' as my dh thinks it is? He (and I to some degree) think that the med. establishment gets us all freaked out and disempowers us and then sells us all this crap...both intellectually and materially (meds, vaccines, etc...)... I just don't get it. I really don't.

Not to put you on the spot or anything, and you certainly don't have to answer, but I wondered, are you vaxing your kids?

Kathy - I knew there were some wild Canucks in the bunch! You go Sista! Topless... Toronto ... we're probably going to head up to Quebec in the end of July for a couple of days. It's a few hrs. drive, but not too bad. Maybe a topless bfing babylicious party in July?!

Nicole - I'll add you in the dog lovers section. I knew I was majorly missing mamas on the pet thing. Sorry! In fact, I'm going to review the whole thing and mention your name a bit more, 'cause mama, you have really been an inspiration to a lot of us. Truly!

I guess if we use the Intro at the start (w/the links Heidi did, maybe, those are cool, too) I'll just keep updating it...

Lisa - Hey mama - how did it go? Can we all see the i-view? can you tape it if we can't see it? I sure hope it went well!!! And what did you wear on top to nurse on tv? Which sling/pouch/carrier?

I only meant about you and the NINO thing that someone who is truly passionate about carriers (not JUST carrying baby, but the carriers themselves!) is the right kind of candidate, kwim? I'd try that chocolate thing again, too...that's a really hard one to give up forever...funny that you didn't react to it before, but do now. maybe now that your system is 'clean' you can find the stuff that is causing your problems aside from the baby...is this a bonus???

And here...babysit went well, Ori never cried. Very cool. Haircut feels great! Just a bit shorter and neater. However, we got home and he nursed for 2 hrs. STRAIGHT with a bit of napping thrown in. Then I finally thought he was down and he TOTALLY woke up and SCREAMED for 20 min. while I changed him and got lunch (after 1pm and I was hungry!). Then I whacked his head closing the dishwasher door (I was holding his body in the sling, not his head, duh), so that inspired another round of ear-piercing howling. Wolfed lunch down in a most unpleasant way and then nursed him back down again. I guess those 45 minute babysits come with a price! double whew.

That's about it from here. Looking forward to getting OUTSIDE a bit - it's such a nice day and we have strawberry plants to put in. yea!

caio mamas, andy

Old 05-19-2005, 04:40 PM

Jessi - just a quick q. - do you use hemp in the diaper? We use a hemp doubler with a fleece liner (the ones I cut out) over it, and he's really dry in the a.m., although the diape is soaked! It's a waffle weave fleece, maybe that's a difference. I'll cut you some, although the new fleece I have is baby blue, if that's ok.

Also want to know - who is out of small prefolds???

Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM

Andy, I've been wondering if anybody was going to bring vaccines up. I would check on the vaccine board, but last time I was there it seemed a little too militant and misinformed for me to want to hang there.

I'm so far vaccinating C&D. My logic:
1) No one has been able to provide my left brain with any information why I should NOT vaccinate (outside of the mercury argument, which is not an issue in most current vaccines, according to my understanding of what C&D will be receiving).

2) Houston is a highly international city (especially the area where I live). Those diseases which are considered "eradicated" by some anti-vaxers may still be contracted here, and the risk from those diseases is usually not less than the risk from vaccines.

But, like I said, I haven't found any good peer-reviewed research. If you know of any, I'd definitely like to read it. I'm not stuck in my ways!

(From a public health perspective, I do think chickenpox vax is a bad idea, based on some population biology studies I did as an undergrad . . . it seems like it just pushes the age that some people get chicken pox BACK, so that it's actually more dangerous than when caught at a young age.)

I do agree with your culture of fear idea. Perhaps some people are doctors because they're desparate to feel important, and by scaring people and then "saving" them, they're able to go home happy at the end of the day?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Hi mamas,
I can't remember if I posted today already I used to be such a sharp person too!

Andy- dh works tons at home. Just because he's here, doesn't mean he's free. This is his project he's working on. He has TONS to do- a week of full-time work equals seconds of animation- maybe like 15? Or maybe I'm undereggagerating? either way, it's a lot of work. He's very self-motivated and can amazingly push himself to get a lot done.
So eventhough he's physically here, I can't rely on him for childcare, just as if he was away- but we have the bonus of seeing him at mealtimes

Joyce- interisland tix are $$$ these days. Little competition means that right now a round trip is about $180. BUT, we have miles from our cc, so we often fly free.

Lisa- we need to hear all about your TV spot. don't forget us.

Oh, sure I have more to say, but I'm on my way to list some FB on ebay. they don't fit anymore.

oh, and I measured Luka since everyone was posting their measurements- he's 25.5"

User Tag List