Sept 04 mamas can you believe it's already JUNE? - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 348 Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ashley! I am sooo jealous. Ever since I got pregnant I have had salmon cravings - i guess now it's just an addiction. I was vegetarian for 8-9 years, but decided to eat fish after I got pg. But all I want is salmon. Mmmmm. My husband is a bg (sport) fisherman, and now he's annoyed b/c I buy salmon instead of just eating what he catches. He has a fantasy about going to alaska and catching salmon for me. But the cost.... Hope you have a great trip - I love visiting my folks now, whereas I used to avoid it like the plague. But htey love seeing Robin, and I love the help.

Heather and Chrissy - hope the moves are going better than mine. I still have so much stuff packed up. And I went ot my MIL's house today and she has totally cleaned out the upstairs apt. and our stuff (that we haven't moved yet : ) is in stacks in the corner. I am so embarassed that she cleaned up after us. And embarassed at the stacks. I really shouldn't be - we spend most weekends and some week nights doing stuff with and for my in-laws, so they are the major reason we haven't had the time to go take care of that stuff. But I hate feeling like an irresponsible child, and that 's what I gfeel like when my MIL cleans my room...

That's awesome Lucysmom! Glad you were able to attend with your entourage. That Lucy has LONG hair! We finally met a baby who is balder than Robin at the library last week. Has she pooped yet? Try pear juice, if you can get her to drink it. Or cook some prunes and feed her the prunes and/or the liquid.
#332 of 348 Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 PM

Okay, I just HAVE to tell somebody about RObin's cute new tricks.

IF you give her anything remotely electronic looking, she holds it to her ear like its a phone and babbles. ANd if I say "Hello, Hello!" she immediately puts her hand to her ear like a phone. Everybody who calls me has to talk to her for aminute, and she leans her ear into the phone and smiles this huge smile.

After trying for weeks to get her to STOP pulling the cat's hair, she has figured it out and now pats her (and the dog, when he lets her) very sweetly. The first time she did it to both of them, they sat there and let her, and she smiled and laid her head on them - so sweeet.

Finally, she has this big life-sized bunny book that is her favorite. She has for the past few weeks been climing up on her rocking chair and reaching behind it to play with her board books, including th ebunny book. THe other day she was toddling around in the den and I started asking her "Where's your bunny book". She stopped, climbed up on the chair and picked out the bunny book! I mean, it is always her first choice, but she knew to go get her book!

I went to the salvation army Friday and they had this rocking chair that, instead of a chair, has a stuffed bunny - you sit in it's lap, it's arms are the chair arms, etc. I cleaned it up this weekend, and gave it to her. She LOVES it - pats it, lays her head down, etc.

Okay, just had to brag a little. I nkow it's obnoxious . This is just such a fun stage - she's learning things so quickly!

Of course, this morning she spent the entire morning screaming anytime I dared put her down. I ended up bringing my birthday cake ingredients to the floor and making it on the ground, and she still fussed even though she was in my lap!
#333 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 02:30 AM

Wow, YoBecca, Robin sure sounds like a smart little girl. I can't believe how much she is able to do, and she seems to understand so much that you are communicating to her. Fun, fun.

Ashley, have a great time!! Sounds like a really special chance to spend focused time with Thor & your family. I bet he covers a lot of ground while you're away; he's going to get lots of good attention & time to practice his skills, I bet.

Poop Report: things seem better. I mixed a lot of apple juice with a little oatmeal (some say avoid all cereals for constipation, some say add fiber & oatmeal is good, along with liquids) and she ate it from a spoon, and took a few good drinks of water, so a little improvement on the liquids front. (Yes, she loves a sippy cup, but not for drinking ... she does science experiments with it, carefully whirling it around on the high chair table or rotating it through the air & examining what happens to the liquid, etc.) She's also had quite a bit of yogurt/pear mixture with psyllium. No episodes where she seems to be in pain or straining yesterday or today. It sure was traumatic the day before -- poor little thing, crying in pain & frustration. Made me remember being really little and not knowing how to deal with problems like that.

'Night all -- we are getting up in time to go to the dentist at 7:00 a.m. -- craziness!!

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"
#334 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 AM

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I finally found out the link to that "fetish" site they were talking about over in diapering. And I used a username that was posted at another site...

I found FIVE pictures of Tori and One of Jack in the toddler section.

I saved screenshots of the pages before they disabled that user account.

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!

I've disabled a bunch of the pictures I had loaded in my gallery. I don't know how David is going to react when I tell him tomorrow.

Jen- take down any neked/near neked & diapering pictures you have of Tristan. They are finding the pictures through links here at MDC. I think I looked at all the pictures they had (OMG was that a lot of pages!!) and I don't remember seeing any of Tristan... but better safe.

It was really sick to see all the photos they had "stolen". So many of them were totally innocent images of happy babies and children and to think about someone twisting the purity of those images...

And anyone else that's posted pictures of their children in diapers... BEWARE!
#335 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Samantha - that site is so sick. I didn't see any pics of Jack, but I just couldn't wade through it all. What REALLY bothered me were the pictures of older children (like aged 8-13) that were obviously set up and posed. For anyone that wants to go to the site and look, don't worry, the pictures themselves aren't "dirty" it just the thought that they are being used in that way.... If you look at what pictures have the most hits, they are the ones in which prepubescent girls are posed in come hither ways.
#336 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 11:09 AM

Ybecca - of course you can brag to us! Robin sure is a cutie.

Jack takes daily group swim lessons at camp. Well in 4 weeks he has progressed from clinging to me in the water to doing bobs on his own and swimming three feet at a time. He is going to be a little fish by the end of July. I'm glad I didn't spend the money to get him extra individual lessons.

Mother guilt with your second (and I'm sure subsequent) children is soooo much worse than with your first. Lucy hasn't had a single book read to her, barely gets sung to at night, learned how to stack rings from the childcare at the gym (I haven't even gotten that level of toys out yet). My poor neglected little girl.
#337 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama

Mother guilt with your second (and I'm sure subsequent) children is soooo much worse than with your first. Lucy hasn't had a single book read to her, barely gets sung to at night, learned how to stack rings from the childcare at the gym (I haven't even gotten that level of toys out yet). My poor neglected little girl.
:LOL So true, so true.

Ybecca- what a great little girl you have! So fun!

Samantha - : Can't BELIEVE it about all the diaper picks. Very disturbing.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#338 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM

re: mommy only - ds just wants someone ALL the time, doesn't care whether mommy or daddy, just someone. I can't hardly put him down before he screams. I am sure getting my money worth out of my slings! I've gotten better with the back carry in the Mei Tai - as long as he's up nice and high, it doesn't hurt my back. Which I am sure will prove extremely useful when I start actively packing for the move.

lucysmom - regarding liquids - I've noticed that ds won't take juice or water from me either from bottle, sippy cup, straw, regular cup BUT will willingly take any liquid from dh without a problem. Maybe try having your dh give her liquids?

Yo Becca - ds does the same with phones too! He thinks whenever the phone rings it must be for him :LOL He loves 'talking' to grandma (DH's mom). She makes funny noises and he cracks up! He also has a toy phone that he pushes the buttons and then tries to hold it to his ear. Its so cute.

Yeah - that site is just awful! Thankfully there's a lot of mamas calling the FBI, etc... in regards to it and hopefully something will be done.

Ds had his ped check-up today. He's 19 lbs 14.5 oz and 29.5 inches! And overall, he's a healthy, happy baby (although quite a handful). The only thing is his skin is really irriated and dry where his diapers rub against his legs. They are all serged edges, so I don't know what to do. The ped says just to rub cream on him, so I will be doing that and see if it helps.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#339 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 04:24 PM

AugustineM, have fun in Alaska!

I haven't looked at the fetish site, but that sounds SO disturbing. Makes me glad we only have a few digital pics up. Samantha it must have been so upsetting to find your kids on there.

I can't imagine the chaos of having more than one child. I'm sure you ladies' babies are learning more than you think due to all the cibiling interaction. I sort of wish Andrew was a second child because he LOVES other kids.

YBecca, feel free to boast anytime.

Well, we are also in the mommy stage. Last night Andrew would NOT wind down (he is so into cruising / walking that he won't sleep until he has had a good 30 min. wander), and he was almost asleep, and I passed him off to DH because my chest muscles have been aching the last few days, and Andrew was almost asleep, he was all relaxed on DAve's shoulder, and then he realized it wasn't mom and started crying.Sigh.

Any thoughts on sand eating? Whenever I take Andrew to the park and let him down to play, he immediately plops himself down, picks up handfuls of sand, examines them and shoves them into his mouth. And the more I try to discourage it, the more he eats! Do you think if I just let him go at it he'd get tired of it quicker? It's really bothering his digestive system.

Also, he is so strong he's been breaking things lately. He reached out and knocked over the blender and broke my one piece of nice pottery yesterday. The day before he pulled a saucer out of the dishwasher and smashed it on the floor (he usually just goes for the spoons). I have a small walking force of destruction on my hands. But he's too young to understand what he's doing, so what can you do?

On the boasting front, his big new trick is that he can turn pages in his books. HE almost always waits until you're done reading the page, too.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#340 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM

Hi Mamas

Lulu misses me even when I am holding her -- her MOM OBSESSION is so high right now. If she could find the door back inside me, she would open it and crawl right in.

So strange, because alternatively, she is able to play by herself for very long periods (1/2 hour plus). I can put her in her crib (we use it as a play pen only) and **as long as she doesn't see me** she'll putter along happily with her toys for pretty much an unlimited time.

We took Lulu to the local lake here for her first swim. She played in the sand and splashed in the shallow end. It's a man made lake and was very warm as it has been incredibly hot up here in the mountains. My only concern is the sun. Lulu's got ghost white skin like me. We put on the SPF 45 and hope for the best.

Say, what's the deal with baby bathing suits?? I'm clueless. We bought some swimmer diaper disposables (super expensive) and put on a pair of shorts over those. What does everyone else do? (BTW, Lulu's a Pampers baby at this point, I haven't evolved to the cloth diaper YET). Lulu's grandma gave her a cute little suit -- you know, a one peice with flowers all over it. But I am not sure when I can use it. Do people just strip their babies down by the shore/pool and stick them in a suit w/o a diaper?? What is a plastic diaper cover ?? Where would I get one? Is that adequate?? Can you use a plastic diaper with a girl's swim suit?? Clueless.

My husband is finally off from teaching for the summer **hallaluia!!** so I can start to do some work around the house, cook, etc. Glorious. The yard hadn't been weed-wacked in probably a year! Our weeds had stalks like trees!! (I'm the weedwacker around here).

:LOL

OK, well that's are news for today. I'm actually loving this new high-gear baby. I've adjusted to the neediness of this period. Lulu is just so vibrant these days. So expressive. Yes, sometimes its with a shriek of dissatisfaction. But often, its a whoop of joy!!

So great.

Love,

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#341 of 348 Old 06-29-2005, 10:35 PM

Liz ~ about bathing suits -- you can buy reusable swim diaper pants at Target for not too much. They are cute and they do hold everything in, but you have to be careful when you take them off . . . Never know what you may find . You can put a bathing suit over them, or just have Lucy wear a t-shirt. You can buy SPF bathing suits now. They cover much of the body and they are pretty cool on the skin. I just ordered one for Zeke, and I love it!!!! Here is the girl's version:

http://www.bobuxusa.com/s.nl/sc.10/c...it.A/id.474/.f

You can also get something similar at Land's End. You still have to sun screen the parts that are showing!

Jill ~ I would be really careful about the sand at playgounds. I have found that these are frequently the litter box for the neighborhood cats. I know you would want that in Andrew's mouth!

About the fetish page. I haven't looked, but I am so disturbed. Each day I am more an more nervous about leaving my info in my sig and posting links to pics. Anyone ever inquired as to why we can't have more security here at MDC?
#342 of 348 Old 06-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Evening, all! We seem to be slowing down, lol, maybe it's all the moving. The girls are both asleep (*gasp* it truly is a miracle) at the same time, so I'm having a beer and relaxing Dp has show tonight - was supposed to be an outdoor event at the college green here, but a thunderstorm came through and it was moved inside. The girls and I were going to go, too

R is back to her delightful bouncy self after the girls' high fever illness. I love all the bragging and will add my own - she waves and says 'bye-bye', says 'kitty' (or so dp swears ) she picks up clothes off the floor and puts them in the laundry basket (we gotta keep that one up!!).

Tomorrow's Friday! I think I'm going to have a surprise father's day on Sat because dp was touring on the real one.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#343 of 348 Old 06-30-2005, 10:05 PM

Thanks Kristin!

I've seen that outfit in one step ahead, and may order something similar. We had a cotton t shirt on her, but I realize the SPF is very poor on simple shirts (4?).

As to why the security isn't any better, I think that it is a question of access. If you make it very difficult to register, then people won't join. I think MDC has tightened it up by requiring that everyone register. There is no longer any reading of posts allowed by non-registered users. I think that is the max. they can do. Or is there something else I am not thinking of?

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#344 of 348 Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM

Hi Mamas! I've been AWOL this week b/c I'm teaching SUMFUN camp at the UU church this week.

But I have an important question I hope someone can answer.
Today my sister was driving my car with dd and had an accident. She rearended someone. Kate didn't even feel it. It was very minor. How do I know if I need a new carseat? TIA!
#345 of 348 Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 AM

NAK ( I finally figured out what the heck that means!)

Well, we have been so grouchy for the last few days because we have an ear infection in both ears! I was getting very depressed because A. was getting SO needy, and I wondered how long it was going to last. And I kept checking him for a fever, but he was only a little bit warmer than usual. Then last night he shot up to 38.8 ( 40 = 104 F) and was super cranky. So today we went to the doc's, and sure enough he has an infection. No antibiotics unless it gets worse, though. The doc thinks its just viral, so it's just tylenol and lots of fluids and cuddles for now.

BUt I'm going up to teach drama at a teen camp in 2 days So I hope it gets better before then, so I dont' have to bring a sick baby to an unfamilliar place. I think if it is still getting worse by Sat. afternoon I will call and tell them I can't come for a few days. So we have had a very clingy, exhausing baby around here. But he still has periods of playfulness, so he's not too too bad.

leomom - I think Heather B is the car seat expert, but as far as I know, any accident = new car seat.

Well, happy Canada day, everyone! And if I don't get to write before I go to camp, happy 4th of July! HOpe all the moves go well. Everyone else must be away on vacation or something.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#346 of 348 Old 07-01-2005, 09:07 AM

Awww, Jilly, I hope he recovers really quickly and easily. Poor baby.
#347 of 348 Old 07-01-2005, 11:34 AM

Our July thread....

http://69.20.14.30/discussions/showt...52#post3387052

(yeah - I finally got to start one...:LOL)

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#348 of 348 Old 07-01-2005, 05:24 PM

I know we have a July thread but I need to make it to 50, darn it!!

Loving Lucy Amelia
"light makes it better"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page