Sept 04 mamas can you believe it's already JUNE? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama
We went to Cheesecake Factory tonight and I had these yummy Thai Lettuce Wraps.
That is so funny - that is my FAVORITE dish at The Cheesecake Factory. I seriously can hardly bring myself to order anything else when I am there. But, alas, we are nowhere near a Cheesecake Factory. The last time I had the Thai Lettuce Wraps was at Christmas when we were in Phoenix. At least D.C. will have a Cheesecake Factory. :LOL

Looks like we are going to D.C. to house-hunt in mid-July. Not looking forward to moving, but it will be much more interesting to be in D.C.
#62 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
That is so funny - that is my FAVORITE dish at The Cheesecake Factory. I seriously can hardly bring myself to order anything else when I am there. But, alas, we are nowhere near a Cheesecake Factory. The last time I had the Thai Lettuce Wraps was at Christmas when we were in Phoenix. At least D.C. will have a Cheesecake Factory. :LOL
isn't the green sauce that comes with them the yummiest? I want them again already - lol :LOL
#63 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 06:45 PM

mmmm...cheesecake.....

FF - Just got the chance to look at your site - it's awesome! Very hip fabrics. Oh, How I wish Robin would stay in a pouch....
I have sling envy!
#64 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Hello! well, we have moved the cat food into the laundry room, and when I get a chance I"m going to gate that part of the house off, since it also contains the cat litter and most of the chemicals. Andrew has been sicky today -- diherea a little bit, and he pooped out some grass, so I think that might be the problem. Poor guy, he hasn't even wanted to play or cruise around the newly re-arranged living room (since he's so big on cruising, I rearrange the coffee table and our weighted down clothes basket -- what, use it to fold clothes, don't be ridiculous -- every few days for him to wander around). We took down the jolly jumper since he's too heavy for it now and so it looks so bare. Ah well, this too shall pass.

I am also still holding on to about 8lbs. But I"m also really droopy. I've started doing weights again because I'm getting twinges in my hips even carrying Andrew in a pouch. HE is over 20lbs now, although I'm not sure how much over. I seriously need to work my core and arms back into shape or I"m going to hurt my back lifting him one of these days. And I don't think I can hide my little ponch under zip - up hoodies and cardigans all summer long. I have started running a bit, but I keep getting colds from doing too much on too little sleep.
OH, crying baby. Bye.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#65 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Yep about 10 lbs more than before here. Maybe more. I don't know, I hardly ever weighed myself before I was pregnant. Though I did step on the scale last night and thought I lost about 3 pounds. That's weird, because I really haven't been doing ANYTHING to lose it, and I eat dessert like waaaaay too much!!

I'm a little worried -- Thor is now totally refusing to eat solids. I mean, lips clenched, turns away his head. The only thing he will eat is Cheerios and other cereal that he can pick up. Anyone else doing this? It seems like so many of the babes are way into food... hmmm... he has had a cold for a week or so, but it seems to be getting worse, like now he won't even eat his favorite standby, bananas.

Diaper changes -- OMG. It is a struggle!! If I can find something very interesting, he will look at it for a minute or so, but otherwise he instantly rolls over and tries to crawl away. I feel bad, because I end up having to hold him down! I was able to do it once with him standing but it's hard by myself. I just try to do it super quick... and also let him roam around naked butt for a while before I put a new one on.

The Sept. Mamas gathering looked soooo fun!! Wish more of you were in the Northwest.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#66 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM

loved looking at the gathering ... wasn't exactly sure who everybody was (with no screen names) but think I got it...

wish lulu and I could have been there!!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#67 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

I was so wrong.

Teething is bad... but strep is worse.

Yes, my little man has strep. He has not eaten much since 4 AM but luckily he happily took water and formula from a spoon this evening which means we do not have to take him to the ER to get an IV. The Dr squeezed us in this afternoon. My doula Katie made me take him in. Bless her. I schlepped him around all day thinking it was just teeth. Someone give me the bad mom of the year award. :

He is so sad and exhausted from crying so much today. I am so sad and exhausted from listening to him cry all day and holding him, cuddling him and singing every lullaby I know in both German and English to him repeatedly. Right now he is sleeping. I am on the bedtime - 2 AM shift. I wish he would nurse but I guess the sucking pressure really hurts his throat. I pumped a whole ounce this afternoon which for me is a lot of milk. The only problem is that my breasts - esp my left one - still have milk in them that I can't get out with the pump. I fear the dreaded m again. It is sick and twisted that I have to think about this with my low supply.

Oops, crying baby. Gotta go. Cross fingers for nursing!!

xo j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#68 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 11:43 PM

Oh, Jen! Poor Tristan. I hope he's nursing for you.
#69 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 11:50 PM

j, j, and t

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#70 of 348 Old 06-03-2005, 11:59 PM

hugs to you guys, jen! it's so awful to have your little one sick and so hard to know when to worry.

You so don't get the bad mom of the year award, sweetie. Far from it.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#71 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

It's not strep.

It's HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE!!!

We just got back from the ER at the children's hospital. Doc took one (very, very gentle) look and said "it's enterovirus." At least no more antibiotics! But that means more pumping and expressing for me And his dehydration is only mild and the doctor said that right now sleep is the priority. And Jo just put him down to sleep, so I'm going to sleep too.

ugh.

j

#72 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 AM

Jen! Poor Tristan! Hope you guys gets some much needed rest!

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#73 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 09:40 AM

Hugs to you guys, Jen! Thinking of you and Tristan and Jo.
#74 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Awww, poor Tristan! Prayers that he will be well soon..

Diaper changes - yeah, it's a huge struggle right now. I call it the "wrestling match." Who knew a little baby could be SO STRONG?! The before bedtime one is the worst. I usually have dh hold him down for me! :
#75 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 12:53 PM

, Jen et al. Hope tristan feels better soon.

AugustineM, Andrew is sometimes taking food from me, but mostly he only wants things he can feed himself. So I've started cutting up bananas, avacado, carrots, etc and letting him pick it up and eat it. AFter about 10 min. of self feeding he will then accept food from a spoon. It's worth a try.

We are a bouncing, waving, banging on everything, smiling, cruising bundle of joy here this morning, so I guess tooth # 6 is taking a hiatus today. This is good because Andrew woke up at 5 am and my BIL and wife just drove in from B.C., so I'm trying to keep him busy and happy. ShoES are the big new adventure today

#76 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM

Jen -- I so hope that Tristan is feeling better soon and that your milk supply is OK. That's scary, having him sick and not knowing what the deal was!

Thor woke up in the middle of the night last night and squirmed around for a while... I was worried he'd be up and wanting to play but I just ignored him for a while and then I woke up 3? 4? hours later and he was sleeping in a cute contorted position on a pillow. I'm so happy he's sleeping better and nursing less at night for a while now. I'm sure that will change, but it's a nice hiatus.

#77 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. Amazing what a difference a good breast pump makes. My friend lent me her pump in style. Shazam! twice as much milk in half the time! At the same time it makes me INCREDIBLY sad, it also makes me slightly happy: Tristan is desperate to nurse. I am glad that he feels an emotional connection with it, beyond just food... but the sucking/swallowing combination is just agonizing for him right now. Oh, how he cries. We are having to force him to take liquids by syringe right now. When he tries to nurse he latches on and sucks once and then lets go and sobs. He has had one wet diaper today, I am sure after the hard-core force-feedings we did this afternoon that he will have another one soon. It is miserable to hold him down and force him to take mamamilk/water/formula, but he has to get something in him.

I am getting through this the same way I got through labor: it's supposed to last a max of a week. Today is day 3. We're almost halfway there and the worst part should be behind us soon.

Anyone who has any experience with HFMD please, please give me some encouragement!!! And advice.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I have felt Tristan's angel near us when he has had his head resting on my chest below my chin, sleeping the sleep of exhaustion and misery.

xo, j

#78 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 09:51 PM

Jen, It sounds like you're doing exactly what we did when Alex got it as a babe. Something that helped A was to make the water or milk cold, cold, cold so it would have a numbing effect on his throat. We put a ton of ice in a glass, filled it with water, gave him a couple of force drinkings with a medicine dropper, then he would nurse for a little bit. I sooooo feel for you!

Gotta a tired baby on my hands, must lull him to sleep.

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#79 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jen, Poor T! That's heartwrenching.

I've skimmed the posts and am really just subbing - couldn't figure out why I didn't get any more msg alerts.

We're still out of town - just got into Anaheim and have free wireless here - woohoo!

I got a ZoloWear sling this afternoon. We stopped at a couple of B&M stores that carry CDs in the San Diego area, and one had Zolos, too. They had one DH and I both loved, it fit great, and the people were wonderful. So DH bought it for me! It was very sweet. I have really, really wanted one (who hasn't?! :LOL) but rarely justify things like that that "for me," KWIM? So DH got it and says it's from him.

I was also very encouraged by talking to the mama who owns the store for a long time. I have a strong desire to open my own B&M store (part of why I wanted to visit these), and it was awesome to see how God led them to open this store, where to put it, the stores around them, etc. I can't wait to see if and when He'll lead me to open one back home! It would be so awesome!

Savannah, have you headed to FL/AZ yet? I hope your packing and travels go smoothly!

FF, where are you in LA? We're in Anaheim now and are heading back to Santa Cruz tomorrow. We're waiting to hear from our friends that we're meeting up with here, but it would be great to see you guys! Not that it's last-minute or anything. :LOL

Well, I need to check on airfares to Texas while I've got the chance. Sorry not to reply more personally to everything!

ETA: We loved the pics from the NC gathering!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#80 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 10:16 PM

HeatherB, I'm close to Hollywood. But I'm not sure I'll be able to meet up tomorrow because my sister's 13th birthday is tomorrow and so I'm going to be with her all day. I wish we could meet up. Are you in Anaheim to go to Disneyland? And congrats on your new sling. Zolowear slings are so beautiful.
#81 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 10:58 PM

Go Tristan and Jen!!!!! Hang in there.
Love,
the east coast gang
(Liz, Lulu, DH, Honey Bear (the newf))

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#82 of 348 Old 06-04-2005, 11:00 PM

Jen, Jo and T - Poor baby! Jen, I have a PIS too (on "loan" from my well-to-do cousin, who got the $300 pump despite nursing both her kids a total of like 6 weeks) and LOVE it. If you are pumping often, I think it's worth the buck. I have an Isis too but I think it's breast abuse. (But good for long car rides to pump in the car). I hope tristan starts feeling better soon! I know your heart is breaking for him.

I just got to go look at all the pix from this month. THe NC group looks like it had big fun! Tristan's pix are just as happy as usual (HFMD aside). Sarah - I like your family shots. My mom keep telling me to go get a "family" picture taken (We get Robin's done every month for the first year professionally - usually jus tthe $6 deal at Wal-mart, but we've done sears and olan mills) but I have resisted b/c i think it would be cheesy, not something I'd want to put in a frame. But yours are nice - so maybe I';ll do it after all. If ever I could drag my partner in fron tof the camera.

Speak of the devil, I just had to do our weekly tick check on DH. Every week we go to his grandpa's farm, which is tick central, and Clint is a tick magnet. He picked one off in the shower, and then presented me with his naked butt to look for more. Ah, love....
#83 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 12:11 AM

I think I figured out how to share pix. Try this:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-cr4kxf

It's a few pix from the past few onths, but actually nothing terribly recent. My MIl has the adorable picture of Robin and Witt (My nephew) holding hands floating in the lake that I must upload as well

hope all is well, or getting better!
#84 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 12:18 AM

I forgot to say thank you for the compliments on my site!

And Jen, I'm so sorry that Tristan is feeling so awful. I hope it lasts less than a week. How do you get hfmd?

Caroline -- I'm almost done with my sizing page, maybe I can get that done tonight. I'm making Renaissance costumes for my girls and I for a wedding later this month so I haven't had time to work on my site. If you are interested in getting one you can email me at VivaLaFemme@aol.com and we can talk about sizing, if I don't get that page up tonight or tomorrow.
#85 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 12:24 AM

Awww, Robin is such a cutie!
#86 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 01:03 AM

Great pics, Ybecca! Can't believe there are babies that are climbing chairs at 7 months! Kate isn't anywhere near that..
#87 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 01:05 AM

Oh, I forgot to share this cute story:

Last weekend, my neiceMartha, who's 2.5, sat down on the couch and pulled my boppy onto her lap and said "I want Robin" and my SIl and I said, "what?" and she said "I want to feed RObin". We said, hat are you going to feed her?" She said "GOing to feed Robin my boobies" It was so cute. We put Robin on the boppy, and Robin nuzzled for a second, then wanted to get off and go play. We told Martha that Robin wasn't hungry then, and they played together. It was adorable.

My SIL stopped nursing my nephew at 7 months (SHe hated BFing with Martha and only nursed about 2 months, then pumped for a few weeks, then went to formula - she set the goal of 6 months with my nephew, and passed it. Now, she at times regrets it b/c he was a major booby fan and she's sad that she took them away) but when we were both nursing, Martha would walk around holding her stuffed kitty to her nipple. we'd ask what she was doing and she'd say "feeding kitty" like we were slow or something.
#88 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 01:17 AM

Ybecca -- Robin is such a cutie! I love the one of her in the sink...

#89 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 03:09 AM

YBecca, very cute pics! What a sweetie! And you look fantastic in your pics, too. Also, are those Robeez? I LOVE Robeez!

#90 of 348 Old 06-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Cute pics, Ybecca! - Raney was waving at Robin

Jen, Jo and T - hope you guys are doing a little better this morning. I know how scary dehydration is - but last week I had to deal with it with toddler, not a baby which would be even scarier. We're all pulling for you! I have a PIS, too, and it totally rocks.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page