Janulicious #1 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been reading about the nyc nurse in. Wow its really amazing. I really hope it does some good. I want to get Miss E an advocacy shirt but I can't pick which one.

Andy I saw your smilies, maybe they reinstated your privledges

I dropped miss Emma off at the groomers this morning. She hasn't been in 3 months and was a matty mess : she was in heat and wouldn't let me comb her and we didn't want to send her in heat so her coat just spiraled out of control. Poor doogy knew she was going to get dematted and did not want to go. I almost had to drag her into the shop, ok the dog spa Normally she loves the groomers too. She's such a foo foo dog and loves looking pretty. After I bathe her, or when she comes home, she prances all about, its too funny :LOL Louie was sad he wasn't going.

When I was driving home I was feeling down and figured a walk would do me some good. Nature usully cheers me up. So I went to these woods dh is always talking about how beaustiful they are. Oh my they are the 2nd most beautiful woods I've been to (the 1st being on the appilacian trail in ME) I walk and walked and walked. I walked a little more than two hours straight, carring Miss E in the mei tai. Louie loved it too, he got to walk off the leash for the first time and did great. I cn't wait to get back even with the heat and my band new blisters :

Miss E is really getting interested in toys now. She was playing with the danglys on her bouncy seat but that was it for awhile but now shes playing with the toys on her swing, (opening and closing the little snack cup tihng-y and spinging the spinny toy) and holding rattles and small soft toys.

Ugh Laura I'm listening to the news and they're saying its going to be getting hotter and humid

I'm going to go check in on the 1000 minute challege and add in my walking etc from the past few days

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 PM

I wasn't feeling all that excellent last night- headache and just soreish and of course Luka decides to go back to his 5:30am wake up : I'm sure I'll survive.
I was up late shopping at Granola threads- but never actually placed my order. I think I couldn't make a decision on the kids' thing? I dunno. I was gonna buy me a superpower shirt

wow Jeni- scary!!!
It's so horrible about Judy's case and it's just even MORE horrible that midwifery is so political. it's unfortunately true that often times decisions are made based on the political situation rather than on an individual basis.

Jessica- I think you're qualified for the give birth w/o drugs shirt. I think it's mostly referenced to pain killers- AND, since you did labor for sooooo long even w/o the pit- you're entitled!
Yes, my parents are israeli. they've been here forever though. my mom went to hs here, so she's great with english and grammar and all, but my dad.... 30 something years here and can't spell to save his life and has all kinds of random phrases he uses. it's cute though and he's a very likeable guy.

Luka is fussing and I'm totally ignorin him. that's what he gets for waking me up so early! and on a day where we have things to do no less......
Old 06-08-2005, 02:25 PM

YAY!
That is soooo exciting!
The way our night went last night, I'm pretty sure G's working on some.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:27 PM

Jessi you should get the gave birth without drugs shirt. You totally deserve it after your birth. THe no drugs imo means no painkillers

Paq scarey about your bank. The bank across the street from my work is always getting rob. Seriously I've worked there for 5 year (with 8mths off in the middle of that) and the bank has been robbed at least a dz times that I know of. And the police station is right around the corner and the fbi is above it :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-08-2005, 02:31 PM

Hey, does this count as crawling?
She was on the floor, trying to get somewhere, and had her upper body lifted off the ground. In one quick movement, she pushed off with her feet and went almost flying, probably about half her body's length.
Also, she can sit up now for about 20 seconds before she starts to get tipsy.

Paq - some days it really does pay to just stay in bed!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 PM

I'm never going to get over to the 1000 min challege at this rate.

I forgot the mention my nights sleep. I left miss e to sleep in the swing downstairs with dh (he's been sleeping on the futon the last couple of nights to spread out) DH didn't bring dd up until alittle after 4 : she slept a little over 5 hours. I slept about 4 of that. It was so hard falling asleep in the empty bed. I didn't fall asleep until I brought Louie in the bed

Old 06-08-2005, 02:47 PM

So I The boob tick shirt, whoa, man whatdya say!!!

Yeah on Wills tooth...

You go get that no drugs shirt Jess, you deserve and award!

And--So whats up with The View, I only caught the last 15 minutes and they were talking stupid Micheal JAckson Stuff. Yeah! Did they adddress the breastfeeding stuff?

I haven't turned my TV on since I turned it off after I came back from my airplane trip away at months. We have free cable in our neighborhood (part o our assocition's perks?), and a TV forwatching videos, so I was easily plugged in. Seeing the stupid Micheal JAckson conversation on that show now I remember why I turned it off. My poor baby was going to start telling me "what Not To Wear"- it was my favorite show, they take dork looking peopel, making fun of them, and htne teach them what to wear to fletter them. The host are Stacy and Clinton, and now DH always comments on clothing based on WWS&CD? WHat would Stacy ad Clinton Do? Anyway, I was starting t oknow when shows were coming on, so it wa stime to turn it off. I like being TV free again. Yea! I am still adddicted to this screen, but glad I weaned myself from my Postpartum TV indulgence so easily,. I watched it until I could get outta my dang chair. Now, to set limits on my computer time.... :

Heidi
Old 06-08-2005, 02:50 PM

Oh, another thing- I pooped Iris out yesterday by playing all day at a big momma get together, she had two naps that got cut short..so we came home and she nursed t osleep at 5:20, and we nursed in the night, but did not get up until 8:40 today to go teach AquaNAtal. This girl can sleep, praise the powers that be!!!

Now we are gonna go see my brother, a photograpgher, and get some classic nakey butt pictures....

Heidi
Old 06-08-2005, 02:50 PM

Laur I found a shirt for you , well for MeganWavin' baby designs the pumped up on breastmilk one top row left

Old 06-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Heidi- for going TV free. woo hoo- isn't it LIBERATING???
sometimes I miss it and then we stay in a hotel or something and I spend a lot of time changing channels looking for SOMETHING that's not LAME to watch.

Az- on the 2 hour walk!!! My body is seriously so achy from my 1 hour walks with Luka. He must be putting on weight more or I'm seriously out of alignment (or both) because I was feeling very sore yesterday. I did walk very uphill, but still.....
and another for the great night's sleep! :LOL you had to bring the dog into bed w/you!

OK, Luka is back asleep and what am I doing? posting?? bad me.

Pam- I call that scootching.... but whatever. means she can get around!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:26 PM

Sometimes I think about going tv free but I think dh would move out. His tv habits are alot better now though. He would have the tv on almost all day. He and his old room-mate would have the living room tv, and the tc on each of thier bedrooms on the same channel so they wouldn't miss a thing if they had to *gasp* get off the couch. I'm pretty poud that I've got him to cut way down. Sometimes he'll go days without tv He loves that show the shield though : I don't know if any of you have watched it but its aweful, horrible violent and just nasty and I'll watch somethings people think are like that (fight club and seven come to mind) but this show really bothers me. It dissapoints me that dh likes it. I was on the computer last night while he was watching it. I only heard bits and pieces but it gave me the creeps. I didn't really want dh to touch me that way after. And I normally never pass that up. That show is just so yucky

I can't remember what else I had to say, I just gettign all about that stupis show

Old 06-08-2005, 03:48 PM

Yeah the dog was all happy he got to sleep in the bed. He peed on dh's head shortly after Miss E was born and has been banned from the bed ever since. I really haven't slept byself very often in years except when I was pg. DS co-slept on and off until a couple of years ago and of course I have been sleeping with dh, except when he got the boot when I was pg (I needed the room then). Even when ds or dh wasn't sleeping with me I always had a cat or a dog or both or 2 of each, even both cats and both dogs (and dd) one time :LOL Now the cats know they they're not allowed to sleep in the bed (I'm allergic and its been bad for the last couple of years) and Emma loves dh the best so she always sleeps with him, or in the crib if we're all slepping upstairs.

Oh crap I'm not dressed and I have to leave for the bus in 10mintes

Old 06-08-2005, 03:53 PM

Annie (I rmembver what else I had to say) how do you dye your yarn, do you do it the kool-aid way? Does the yarn have to be a special yarn or is any natural or white color fine?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
He peed on dh's head shortly after Miss E was born
OMG! : I mean, your poor DH. But I'll have to tell Mike he's lucky the cats only pee on his clothes. They're banned from the bedroom mostly because they used to lick his armpits in his sleep. :

We're mostly TV free here. I have a few DVDs I like, but even that doesn't thrill me much. My mom watches it nonstop when she's here on Fridays, and that's more than enough for me for the week. Of course, it's Golden Girls and The Nanny repeats over and over, and some annoying makeover shows, or Unsolved Mysteries (I like the spooky stuff, but the separated-at-birth ones and the mysterious deaths just make me ) or Baby Story. Sigh. I don't think she realises how much some of that stuff upsets me.

Sigh. Cannot get baby to sleep. She was almost out in the swing, but I felt bad and took her out cause she looked so unhappy and ignored.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Az- Yeah, I've used Kool-Aid before. With this batch, I'm using Wilton's food dye. For PM's yarn, I used Easter Egg dye. Here's instructions. It has to be 100% wool. White will make brighter colors, like in the pics, and cream or heather yarn, will make darker colors. Its loads of fun.

So, you seem really happy lately. Just the tone of your posts sounds a lot more upbeat Have you been feeling better?

Ooh, I have no idea what shirt to get. I think I'll get the nursing goddess painting one for myself,,,

and Paq - where did you see the star one? I love that. We've also got lots of tees from www.northernsun.com. Not bf advocacy, but lots of political, and other cool stuff - great bumper stickers!!! We got one from there that says "What if the Hokey Pokey is what is all about?" : Oh, and also "peace on earth begins with birth, support midwives".

Jessi - you go get yourself that t-shirt!

Nicole - A tooth?!?!?!?! Yay!!! I suppose its a blessing and a curse, now you can't use your finger's for him to maw on. Violet has been waking up at 4 AM the past 2 nights and I'm attributing it to teething. I think hers won't peek through for at least another 2 weeks though.

Oh, who was talking about there is such a wide age spread between our babies, but they all seem to be doing stuff at the same time? I dunno, V was three weeks early, so I figure she does everything about three weeks late. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself to feel better? : Now, that I'm writing it, kinda sounds like I'm talking out my arse :LOL. But that would mean the late babies and the early babies would be more on par with each other. OR Iris and Evelyn are just super advanced genius babies. That's more likely what it is

Paq- how scary about the bank!!! Good for going wiht your silent intuition and not going!

Ok, I should get off the comp and start getting ready for LLL. I want to watch the View real quick too, so we can dish about it at the meeting.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:31 PM

Do you get the View later than us? Don't waste your time, not a word mentioned. There was an interview with Madonna, which was kind of interesting, even if they didn't mention it. But then they were saying over in BFing advocacy that she's said anti-EBF things in the past, so it's just as well.

Shirt: http://www.cafepress.com/cookiepants3/103270

Hmm, I kinda like Weapons of Mass Lactation from the site with the Silly Man ones, too.

Btw, if you order from two different cafepress stores, you can still combine shipping, which is cool. You can search on their main page for a keyword and find all kinds of stuff.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Heather, yes that is EXACTLY how you do it. Post post post lots in a row!

Nicole, exciting on the tooth!

Laura, I was talking to my LC about you today, she says you're WONDERFUL, the best mama in the world. She also wants to know what kind of pump you are using

Jeni, yikers, good for staying in bed for you!

So my mother googled "barbara walters breastfeeding" and sent me ALL the links to all the papers that ran the story... hysterical. And then something was on MSNBC earlier and my grandmother called me to tell me to watch it. Of course we were at the hospital hanging with the LC and the mamas, so I missed whatever it was.

Ugh yah all the poor midwives. Ohio sucks to be direct entry - you have to be hospital here. One of the direct entry midwives was jailed a few years ago for administering pit (she got from a doc that she worked with) to save a mom. ARGH!

Pam, wow, she's really moving!

Heidi, you WHAT the boob tick shirt? You missed a word I think

Stacy and Cliniton, rofl. I like the idea. They wouldn't wear tshirts printed with words on them though. Oh, and evil Motherhood (evil evil store) carries "supply" shirts for mom and "demand!" onesies for baby.

Heidi Wow, I'd trade my left leg for sleep like that!

Sheri, I refuse to watch fight club, but I liked seven. Maybe because seven made me think a bit. Still gross though.

We're cancelling DTV/tivo in Aug. Then we'll have 4 local channels and dvds. Nothing else. That's ok though because the 2 hours of tv I like to watch each week are on local channels!

Lauren is refusing to nap today and she just put her foot in my hummus.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:42 PM

Jimmy Kimmel busts Barbara Walters

http://www.zippyvideos.com/137928795382655.html

Old 06-08-2005, 05:01 PM

I love all of these advocacy things that are out there. on my subaru (which i sold to make way for Luka ), i had that same one about peace on earth begins with birth, and one that said "Children behave as well as they are treated"- or something to that effect. Now I haven't bought any yet, but do have an apple sticker that came with my puter. Now I do spend a lot of time on it, but it doesn't define me!

I like this one from the site Annie posted "If you're born again do you have 2 belly buttons?" : OMG, there are so many good ones in there. i have to adorn my mommy-mobile

Laura- I agree with Lisa's LC. I know I've said it before- but you're AWESOME! keep it up mama!

"Weapons of Mass Lactation"? where is that one from??

Kids are having a rough morning. I'm hiding in the bathroom :
gotta go meet my friend who has a 6 week old. I'm picking her up and playing with her while her car gets fixed. We wanted to go hang out in the park together, but it looks wet outside. guess we'll have to go shopping :
Old 06-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Karen, you and my dh are the only people I know who take their ibooks into the bathroom with them

Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 PM

Ugh, I'm really starting to feel the no sleep and heat. Exhausted. Can't sleep. Baby slept for 1/2 hour, up again. Going loopy.

WoML: http://www.cafepress.com/mamasmilktees/479720

Lots of her teeth are very close. I can feel them just underneath. But nothing's through yet. Still chomping my fingers.

How can I lose groceries? I was going to make rice and I can't find it. I think this is very much an ordering takeout day.

Off to try collapsing on the floor next to her. Neither of us could sleep in the bed, even with the fan going in there, and that being the shady side of the house.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:52 PM

Wheee Lauren is sleeping and I went to the HFS and got a bunch of ricecream sandwiches. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

It's still hot!

Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 PM

My favorite summery recipe:

Pineapple and black bean tacos:

1 can crushed pineapple (or fresh if you can get it)
1 small red onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
cilantro
lime juice
dash of red pepper

strain pineapple from juice, and mix the ingredients above. Cover and chill.

Makes a yummy salsa. Our fave way to eat it is with black beans, rice and cheese in tacos. Its really good with fish or shrimp too.

Sorry, I'm a horrible recipe writer ...but you get my jist!
\
Old 06-08-2005, 09:27 PM

Nicole- congrats on the tooth!

aw thanks ladies, ya made me cry. its nice to hear encouraging words.
Lisa i use a hospital grade one- medela lactina electric plus, thankfully 100% covered by my insurance

Az- thats gotta be the cutest shirt yet thats one long walk you took. I just about passed out the other day w/20 mins w/Megan in the sling. Weather is so weird, I mean what happened to spring? 2 weeks ago I had the heat cranking and now I'm sweating bullets needing the ac

we are basically tv free here in regards to the "average" american. We have no cable, dish, tivo, or anything else thats out there. We mainly watch videos/dvds and pbs for Kaitlyn and then a few shows that I love to watch which ain't many nowaday. Just 1 tv thats it, we don't need no more.

So I watched that View show what a waste of my time, teletubbies would have been more fun. How can anyone watch that, they were talking at the same time, ugh I hate that. Well at least I know I'm not missing much

oh yum pineapple and bean tacos that looks yummy

Drumroll please............................................ ......................
Megan did a complete roll over back to tummy
So proud of my little peanut
Old 06-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Ok, here's some pictures my brother took today, I can't seem to put photos in any more the text anymore-Did we lose that capabilty here? Anyhoo- so here are links:

Which nakey pic do you like best?
Serious& Nakey Iris or Gorilla Baby

Gnome Iris

The Family

And on miles stones, Iris can not sit up by herself, daddy is kneeling and supporting her in the gnome pic. She can roll over, though. And she now weighs 17lbs 3 oz!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 PM

Woohoo on the rolling! So I was pondering if Laura and Megan went to a nurse-in and the reporters saw the bottle and thought they were protesting the protest or something, and then they got interviewed and Laura got to explain the situation, a lot of people might get to hear about how important bm is for preemies and how you can exclusively pump and stuff. I dunno, that just ran through my head before. So if you ever get a chance to, you should go. :LOL

Oh, did everyone see this? They're suggesting restructuring the forums and giving all the age groups their own subforums or something like that. I dunno, I think if we had to have a separate topic for everything, we wouldn't just bs about our days anymore. But maybe we could have a bs thread in addition to all the other ones. We might manage to outdo TAO.

Anyone else's hair falling out? Mine's still doing it after a month or so. I'm starting to think I'm going to go bald, but it doesn't look too bad so far.

Okay, it's taken me like an hour to write this. Nursey nursey. Making up for lost time this afternoon.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:47 PM

On the thread structure Jeni, I'm sure we can keep this format going if we wish. It seems to work for now. SOmeday, oh, someday we may all reduce our posting and not be the chattiest group alive, but that seems a ways away!!! If they start that format, folks will be free to use it, but since we've gelled here, I'll keep up via this thread...
Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Yah, I agree Heidi. I'll stay with this thread. After three kids, those, "should my baby have strained peas or carrots as a first food?" threads just don't really interest me anymore.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 PM

Hello!

Can I join in?

I' m a little shy (even on the net!) and not too sure about posting here since I've only been around for a few weeks.

A brief presentation: I'm Charlotte, living in Canada for now, happily married to my high school sweetheart and mom to Andre, 5, starting school in the fall, and Leigh, born Jan 1st.

I am (supposed to be) working on a graduate degree in Biochemistry and will be going back to the lab parttime in the fall. Both of our families live far away but I've managed to convince my younger brother to come and live with us for a few months and take care of Leigh while I'll be at the lab.

Leigh has been a such a great baby! My son who is now five, use to nurse every hour for at least twenty min, while Leigh will sometimes only nurse for two minutes every four or five hours! They are both huge, happy and healthy (knock on wood)!

Now I hope it's not too weird for me to just appear like this in the thread!?

I'll try and reread the older threads to get to know you all a bit better. It'll be great to read all your experiences with babies the same age as Leigh!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:25 PM

In light of the mnetion of restructuring threads, I'm super glad to see someone still up for joining in!

Glad you weren't too intimidated to hop on in, Char! As someone said last time we had someone jump in, we are an equal oppurtunity group- we will bitch, whine, brag, and banter to anyone who's remotely interested!! :LOL We can be a prolific group of posters, so just hop in when you can, sometimes you just won't be able to catch up on all the posts, and we won't mind! Andy did an intro of who we are all at the beginning of the thread, you'll get it if you stick around!

Glad Leigh's such a sweetie. Its nice to feel lucky on #2.

Once again, welcome!

Heidi

User Tag List