Janulicious #1 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2005, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Andy, unplug vibes for you mama!

Jessi, we have a swimsuit for her that was SO cute I couldn't resist. BUT what'll more likely happen is we'll just use a swim dipe (have cloth ones) at the pool. At home if we had a pool I'd just put her in there.

Andy, I agree with Jessi, you've used up your smile quota. Talking too much!

Milk bank - yah, I'm volunteering to organize the entire thing. The drop off might end up at my house too, we'll see.

Ugh the maya really knocked my neck and upper back out last night, luckily we had chiro today. Now I'm just sore from that, but it's a good sore. Guess it's time to focus on two shoulder carriers now, since the more I use the one shoulder ones the more it hurts. Bah. Maybe time to find an ergo or something.

I had mexican meatball soup for dinner last night - I seriously think Lauren can't do pork. But I'm confused by it all too. I had a chicken sausage that had pork casing and she was fussy, had sausage meatballs, she's fussy, had bacon, she was ok. Maybe because the bacon is cured? She's not having much of a good day today, it must really hurt her tummy. Chiro says that her back is really nice now though, so at least we've made some progress! And the huge spitting ups are decreasing both in size and frequency. Yaay!

Going to find my ice pack and duct tape it to my neck.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 02:38 PM

go Lisa! : you rock mama. and with all this, when are you gonna start your LC or LLL Leader training? you're obviously making a niche for yourself in the breastfeeding world. awesome

Andy on the plugged duct! bummer. Isn't it you who keeps having them? are you taking lecithin? I know someone here didn't wanna take it, but if you've already had several plugged ones it might be worth it to just take prophilactically. they are just NO fun.

Az- it's like you've got 3 babies, with those dogs! maybe you need to CD them too :LOL

Luka is lying in bed here next to me doing fake coughs. he loves to do that. I know someone else's baby does it too. he coughs and then smiles- it's like an inside joke with him.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Where is everyone this afternoon? Geez, I'm bored, come on mamas, talk to me!

Old 06-09-2005, 04:18 PM

Lisa: I used to have problems with pork but not ham or bacon. I never did figure out what was up with that, but I didn't eat pork for years and now I can again.

I finally got her to sleep. Let's see how long this lasts...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM

I'll chat with ya! Well in between working too.

Lisa - that's awesome about the milk bank!

SO I read averythign this morning and promptly forgot what I wanted to say.

Annie- I'm sorry Kobe is still not feeling great. s to him.

Karen- Ruby used to do the coughing thing. I used to tease her that she was the funniest person she knew and she would SMILE and laugh. I love babies.

Andy - I'm glad you got a nice thank you for all the work you have done for the brownie troop. Oh and I hope your plugged duct goes away. I don't know about lecithin (you know I'm not sure I would actually be able to say that word) but I swore by an extra 500mg of vit C a day with Ruby.

Yay Megan!

Ok so Isabelle won't stay on the diaper either. Kept scooting her back on and I thin kshe was purposely wiggling off...with a big smile...

And my hair is totally falling out. ALthough I did have it cut much shorter (like 8 in!) and it seems to be better.

Heidi - Iris is adoarble. I like the first naked picture the best though. And the gnome...I love funny baby hats.

I have cloth swim diapers and swimsuits for both girls (well, Isabelle's are Ruby hand-me-downs). I like 'em cause it means a little less area exposed to the sun. Ruby picked out a tie-dye this year. G*D she's soooo cute!

Oh And I'm always horrified at the shoes they make for little girls. Boots with heels, etc. I don't even wear heels. I admit Ruby does have mini skirts, but they have shorts underneath and with her cute little legs I think she's looks great. Honestly though most of the time I have her in pants t-shirts, 'cause other wise her little knees are constantly scraped. Actually now that she's decided she would liek to pick her own clothes she wears a lot of dresses with pants. Very hip I might say

Did I tell you all that she can now ride a bike (with training wheels, of course).

I really like being a mom.

I need to work...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:34 PM

Oh

WELCOME CHARLOTTE!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:35 PM

Sorry, Lisa, that you're bored!

I'm trying to get some work done. Way behind, because the babies haven't been napping much, and my helper hasn't been much help because the babies have just plain worn her out. She just can't do it.

I went to the allergist today. After two weeks of a way restricted diet, Carmen's poo has gotten better, but not 100%. Her eyebrow rash is still there (though better), and she developed an eczema spot on her elbow (new! gah!). I went to the allergist to see what he thought. The visit lasted nearly 3 hours, and at the end the babies were pretty fried so we didn't talk much about anything helpful :irk , but he skin-tested her for six common things and none of the reactions he thought were worth noting, though she reacted to all of the pricks WAY more than I ever have. It's like her little system is in some kind of hyper-response mode. Interestingly, the nurses interpreted her reactions as allergic, but the doctor interpreted them as normal, hmm. So the allergist basically thought she was fine, though nobody can tell me why her body is acting the way it is. Not sure how much longer to keep up the diet; it's wearing me down some. But I don't know what else to do for her. I know that skin tests aren't the final word, but what else is there to do? Bloodwork isn't all that elucidating, either. I so much wish I understood what was happening inside that little body. I guess a naturopath would be next? Though DH would so not spring for that one, I know. Hmph.

I've really enjoyed the posts lately. Sounds like everybody is enjoying their babies, what with the pretty pictures, and the funny stories about bf shirts and clotheslines and diapes (I told DH y'all use hot with diapes, so quit using warm behind my back! :LOL He said okay . . . but I still think he does a lousy job of changing a diaper. Sorry some of you are so hot. Heat isn't so bad in a house build BAC (Before Air Conditioning), but it can still be pretty bad. I grew up in a house w/o AC and remember the rashes I would get from sweating so much. At least it's a little drier in San Antone than it is here; not sure how people did it in Houston 100 years ago.

Doh, Davey is wiggling. Better see if I can put him back down . . .
Old 06-09-2005, 04:36 PM

OOOooo and I like the Super power t-shirt.

And I bought a wool sugar peas diaper and some Regular prefolds, 'cause infant ones are just barely doing the job. You guys are terrible...I am now addicted to looking for diapers...although I can't quite get the nerve to buy all the pretty ones, yet :.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:39 PM

Hello!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Nicole - I think you said your baby was born the same day as Leigh. Will he need more surgery in the near future?

Someone else asked me a question, I do CD, but we have a VERY tight budget, (like many others, I know ), and I use Sears Kushies that were given/lent to me. They're fine but I'd love to try some of all the neat kinds I see on the net!

We're in Quebec. My husband is from Martinique and that is where we grew up. We are going back this summer for the first time in eight years! The trip is a gift from his parents. We're so excited and nervous to see everyone again and all the places we used to go! His parents have seen Andre but not Leigh and we know that's why they want us to come of course!

How do y'all respond to all the posts in this thread? Do you just answer as you read or read them all and then go back and post?

It's fine that you're chatty! I love that and I am too IRL!

Have a nice beautiful afternoon!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Char- I noticed in your siggy your want 3 more? That's awesome....I want to have 2 more, but dh says maybe one more. It's my dream to have a little entourage (sp?) where ever I go. I have a pretty good start I have to say

OK I'm really going to work now...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:44 PM

Lisa- I'm here too- early (well not so early) breakfast. Luka's taking his morning nap (whew).
re: girls clothes. I personally don't have a problem with a lot of them- short skirts- whatever- though things with words written on the butt do bother me. it's just that i think that kids are kids and need to be able to play. and their clothes need to reflect that. if I did have a daughter adn she really wanted those kinds of clothes/ shoes- well I might buy them, but I'd make sure she didn't wear them when play was gonna happen. see dh's parents MADE him wear certain clothes and he really resents that. so we let our kids have a lot of freedom in their apprearance.... oh, I'm just talking out my a$$

on RUby riding a bike- woo hoo!

dh just came out of bed and his first words to me, after sleeping in a different bed? nice bed hair.
sweet
Old 06-09-2005, 05:00 PM

hey, while I was posting there were 3 or more new posts.

Char- there are "cheap" diapers to be had on TP.... but honestly, for all the fancy ones I've tried, it's not really necessary.
Oh, and I usually read all of the posted posts and then respond. but then sometimes more come up and I respond again. and sometimes I just have another thought and post again. however you want is good.

Jess- a nice little entourage running after you sounds sweet... also aggravating (can you tell the boys are being a little annoying this am?)

Joyce- how frustrating. allergies are just SOOOO hard.... and food allergies can be even harder. poor baby.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:06 PM

Jess - yes, I'd love to have several more children, actually it's been an almost painful longing since my first child was born! I had planned on two, like in both of our families, and then Andre was born and I have this picture stuck in my mind of me surounded by many kids!!!

My husband isn't too sure though, mainly for financial reasons.

And I meant to say that like my sig says I really want/wanted to be the first woman to mars! I had something like a "calling" to become an astronaut around age 5 (although I now sometimes believe it was just my imagination). I don't say this ofteh IRL. But I did a search on women astronauts at NASA and none of them had children before becoming an astronaut, so I don't know how it's going to work out.

I had planned on applying when I'll be thirty which is in a little more than a year....maybe I sound crazy, but havig this as a goal has made my life more exciting and I have lots (too many?) of other plans if it doesn't work out...
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 PM

Lisa- thats great things are improving with her! you rock momma

Char- well I hope things work out and you get what you want, whether it be a trip to Mars or 3 more kids I actually aspired to be more of an astronomer than an astronaut, someday hopefully I can achieve that dream.

totally forgot what else I was gonna say.
Well both girls are napping- think I should take a nap or clean? hmm wonder which one will win :LOL
Old 06-09-2005, 05:25 PM

Char, the easiest way to respond to all the posts is: when you start reading, go down to Post Reply, right-click, and open in new window. Then you can read, type, read, type, and whenever you get interrupted, submit.
I have one Kushies but I don't like it much. Too crinkly. I'm the CD hyena around here, although it's rubbing off on everybody else, so watch out. The big question is: what size is Leigh? If she's still in smalls or mediums, I can lend you some dipes. I bought allllll these different diapers in small, and then Evelyn outgrew them in about three weeks. She's wearing mostly larges now.

My Simon's Custom Cloth custom order came a few days ago. The fleece cover is fabulous (custom-embroidered Wildcat) but the diapers are too small. They're very pretty, but leave angry red patterns on her legs. The size is M/L.

Nicole, what size Sugar Peas cover did you get? Sugar Peas covers are my favorite, but we like the fleece ones (2-layer MM) because they're easier to wash.

Lots of kids - I want three. Minus work, I'd want four. If I'd started earlier, maybe more. Jess and Char, good for you! The educated people of this world need to have more kids.

Martinique, how cool is that! How does it compare to Hawaii in climate?

Oh, and Karen: nice bed hair!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 PM

Martinique's weather is probably like in Hawai, it's around 30 degrees celsius year round, with a rainy season and a hot season. It's VERY humid!

I am not sure of Leigh's size, she's already 20 lbs and just barely fits into the firs size of Sears Kushies. I'll be giving back all my diapers tht size soon and I only have about 15 of the next size. We only use CD, even to go out and at night.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I am sling-crazy!

I have about 6-7 baby carriers of all kinds although of course I only use 1-2 most of the time! :LOL

Okay, I think I'm getting too chatty for a newcomer, but I happen to have a mother's helper over right now, I am supposed to be working on my research project for the lab, but I am just roaming the net!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Oh and Jessitron, I love your pictures, they're fun!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Hi Charlotte!
Another Canadian :

Man this place is chatty as usual. Lonely?? There were several new pages for me today!

Our local family support centre got a new gerber breastpump and they asked *me* to try it out and review it for them! They've apparently got some money to buy pumps to lend, so I am eager to help them out.

dd1 has diahrrea. yuck! so far it's always been in a diaper (yep - after 6+ mos we're back in dipes).
kushies - have some don't like, but they're good for night. you can always try making a small cut at the top near the band and pulling out the vinyl-y layer. I did that to some old ones when that layer cracked and fell to pieces.
In Can. I recommend www.motherease.com, esp the sandy's.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:46 PM

Char - if you right click on "reply" and pick "open in new window" you can read one window and respond as you go in the other. That's the only way I can keep up.

entourage of kids - dh says 2 mebe 3, I wanted 5, not sure now.. I guess it comes down to how they are spaced out. My friend is 2/12 and Catholic - I like to give him a hard time about how his dad wanted his own set of apostles.

Joyce, what aren't you eating? We just figured out pork is bad. Also, some dairy babes react to beef..

Char - I went to space camp 3 yrs ago - awesome, yet not the same as your dream. dh works at NASA, but not in the space program.. go for it mama!

We're cheap on dipes too - $300 in prefolds and covers, and a little potty for EC.

So the bored curse got me - Lauren woke almost immediately after I typed being bored

-Lisa

Old 06-09-2005, 05:47 PM

Karen, GB really has a thing for your hair, yeah? :LOL I remember him talking about it when we were taking pictures.

Jessi, bummer about the not fitting diapers. Do you think she'll take them back? I just got two Loveybums off the TP and they barely fit Violet.

Charlotte - first mommy on mars!!! how cool is that! I would like to have one more baby, but not until I'm in my late 30's. I want some time to myself for awhile. Big families are awesome.

Regarding girl's shoes. Well, in our house its Kobe and Mak that like to run around in the plastic high heels. :LOL Other than that Makai refuses to even wear shoes and Kobe is always losing his slippers. . But yah, innapropriate play wear bugs me too. I can't stand the character shirts either, Sheri. Kobe is always wanting to wear them too.
I'm really into letting them pick their own clothing, but I can't stand cartoon characters on any article of clothing.

AgggH!! Makai's new thing is thAT anytime he sees me typing he runs up and puts himself between my arms and the key board, and then crawls all over me trying to nurse and pnching my nipples. It drives men nts!!! he does the same while I'm nursing Violet.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:48 PM

I meant it drives ME nuts! :
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:
entourage of kids - dh says 2 mebe 3, I wanted 5, not sure now.. I guess it comes down to how they are spaced out. My friend is 2/12 and Catholic - I like to give him a hard time about how his dad wanted his own set of apostles.
:

See, this is what's hard for me! I have this Catholic mantra in my head - kids, Kids, KIDS!!!! You need 7 kids!!! (I don't)

Ok, I'm geography impaired - where is Martinique? I'm assuming not on mainland Canada if its hot.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Martinique is in the French West Indies in the caribbean sea, below the larger islands like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti. It's an old French colony, but the traditions and culture are very different from those in France. The population is about 90% Black, with African ancestry, mostly brought over centuries ago as slaves. I was born in the United States (not something I'm too proud of right now) but my family moved there when I was 7.

Pam and Abigail - How is the Gerber breast pump? I've seen and it looks really neat, but other moms around me think it's just a gadget to make money.
The Kushies diapers we have are not the AIO, I've heard bad reviews about those. Ours are fitteds and I use them with Kushies vinyl covers in the daytime and wool covers at night (from a wahm in Montreal azurewraps.com). Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:15 PM

Well, David woke, now I'm feeding #2. Forgot to say . . .

Welcome, Char!

Also:

Andy: I work NGO based in NH.

Lisa:
I'm not eating:
cow
dairy
wheat
soy
corn (though it appears)
eggs
citrus
nuts of any kind
'nanas
tomato
avocado
free-range buffalo

Am eating:
rice
oat
fruit
lamb (baaaaa . . . pricey)
org chicken
coconut on occasion
amaranth
potatoes
carrots
greens
squash
sometimes pork, but piggies are not so good eatin', I think

Tomorrow is two weeks. Had some poo progress over the weekend, but now it's nearly back to normal. Not sure if I need to keep waiting, or what. Speaking of poo, time to change someone's diaper . . .
Old 06-09-2005, 06:16 PM

Martinique sounds a little hotter than here. I had to look up the conversion- 30 deg is 86. That's very warm for here. We're usually in the low 80's in the summer and 70s in the winter. If it gets to be 72 in the day in the winter, we freeze. it's pathetic. Also where I live it's extremely wet, and so humidity is up all the time. Today is one of those rain on and off days with sun in between- those are hot and sticky!

Annie- they stop losing thier slippers as much when they're older. I mean, they still lose them, but I don't have to buy new ones EVERY month anymore. whew. at least, anyways, until Luka starts wearing them!

We're gonna have more kids, but they're not coming from my belley. We've finally agreed after much discussion that we're gonna adopt 1 or twin girls from China. When we were in Oahu we saw a student film done by two girls who were adopted from there and I just fell in love with them and the idea. We're going to adopt an "older" one too- like between 3 and 5 years old. It takes a year to go through the process and we plan on starting when we come home from our trip in July. I initially had had a lot of reservations about it, but I've come to a really good and positive place about it and now were ALL very excited.
Anyways, we have a van and there are 2 more seats, so worth it to have more kids, right?? :LOL

Makai would probably love for you to just sit and look at him and have your boobs available whenever he wants, eh?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:19 PM

Joyce- that looks hard to eat so little and yet make milk for 2. yk, LLL says that allergies to stuff in mamas milk is fairly uncommon. if you yourself have food allergies, it's more likely. I dunno what I believe about it anymore though.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 PM

Joyce, it takes min. 2 weeks to clear dairy/soy from your body. And animal proteins. Look at this for ideas http://www.hallpublications.com/title2_sample1.html and the diet I did was http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t041200.asp - I was on 2.5 weeks before adding a food back.

Karen, I think it's formula - all the 20-35 yr olds who were ff ended up with leaky guts and are passing it on to the babes, honestly I think that is what's going on, lots more babes now having food issues.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM

Karen - that is SOOOOO awesome! our neighbors and good freinds adopted their two children from China. i'm sure they would love to talk if you ever want me to put you in touch with them.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:54 PM

Haven't tried to pump yet, but it looks neat - the lady showed me the new squeeze motion, and it looks nice. I have an Isis so that's what I will be comparing it to. I will let you know how it turns out! It'll probably be a while before I actually get to use it - we tandem nurse, so a pump is third in line!

I had no idea it was so cool in Hawaii! I always assumed it was hotter than here! We will definitely gett up into the low thirties in celsius!

ok toddler diahrrea on the floor gotta go
Old 06-09-2005, 07:20 PM

I just spent the afternoon with my sister taking my 11mth old nephew to the eye doctor. He has a really bad lazy eye. THe dr thinks he might be almost blind in the bad eye, but at best has limited vision. She wants him to have an mri, and see a neroligist. Plus he has astigmatism in his good eye

Then I come home and one of the girls from works called to let me know that one of my friends fomr work had died I was actually going to give him a call tomorrow cause I missed him

Ok I'm getting all emotional now

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)

User Tag List