Janulicious #1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh yeah thats Megan's leg sticking out on the edge there :LOL

Yes believe it or not I am getting things done today even though I'm online a bit. Amazing what stuff I can accomplish by getting up 2 hours early. Need to do it more often
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Here it is:http://photogroup1.com/albums/userpi..._BENQ0002c.jpg

hope this works...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM

hey I did it! I finally got to post a pic! I had so many cute ones it was hard to decide, my second pic was one of her holding a basket of eggs, but I really wanted a running pic.
I don't have time for the treasure hunt either. Good luck gals!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

woolywondersbynada

it worked for me, btw (the hunt page). must be back up.

Lisa - good job being inspirational!

Pam - awesome pic! Can I come over and play!?

Kathy - fuzzy, but she's SO cute...and the rain is very soft in that picture. I love it!

Laura - great pics from you, too! You do look kinda like what I expected. maybe smaller, but I can't tell sitting down :LOL

Ok, one more and then I'm done for a while.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 06-01-2005, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Got it!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:33 PM

Pam you need to print that 8x10 and hang it!

Az and Laura, you've been busy today.

Dh and I went out and weeded the garden again, got another 8' into the mess, only 15' more to go. And that'll take care of the weedy part, then we have to weed the flowers, which is a lot less work.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:34 PM

Come on over! (if you don't mind the blackflies - which I do!)
Yeah, congrats on a bf 'convert' Lisa!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:34 PM

Pam!! I just saw your pic over at worldphotoday! It's awesome She sure is taking after that chicken!

I swear, I'm glad they don't have WPD every day.... I'd never get anything done, lol!

Laura, I saw your picture of Kaitlyn earlier this afternoon! It's funny, because she looked so familiar to me and then I read your username. Great pic
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 PM

http://pam.locksport.com/BENQ0019a.jpg

here's one I took yesterday that I can't seem to share with enough people! I finally got it online though.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:49 PM

:LOL : : : :ignore : : : :homew: : :home: : :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-01-2005, 09:56 PM

I am on page 29 of the previous thread. Eep.

Fleece: no ammonia smell here. Andy, did I tell you thanks for the liners?

Paq, I'm putting a small package together for you.
Why did you marry that guy anyway? He sounds like he treats you badly. :

Picking up with post 567 later, after a nice long bath and shower. Miss Evelyn was soooooooo good on the trip home today! We stopped only twice. She slept and slept. I got up after the 4:30 munch, which is 3:30 this time zone, so whew. I'm ready for bed. Evelyn says, "I slept all day. Why are you so tired?"
Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 PM

I put a photo up for the wold photo day. Its not very good but Iliked it
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...forachange.jpg

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-01-2005, 11:08 PM

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to chime in and quickly say - I love all the pics!!!

Also, we had Violet's hearing test today. The hearing in her right ear is excellent, but she does have a mild hearing loss in her left ear, that is still within normal range - ie. she can hear conversational speech. Now, we are going to be working with an occupational therapist to try and get her to pay attention to sounds, and hopefully start to make some sounds! I'm really happy!!! Sad, that there is still a delay, but ecstatic that she can hear!!!!!

Alohas!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:18 PM

THats great news about Violets hearing

Old 06-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Annie- thats wonderful news!!!!

Pam- love your pics. that second shot is very adorable, love her curls

loved looking at all those photos over there, very interesting idea.

I finished the sling today, too bad baby went to sleep. I'm dying to try it out! hope it came out ok
Old 06-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Yay, Violet!

All diaper searching? Quiet here!

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/171/5...bies%20017.jpg
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM

Annie, that is really great news! Hopefully, things will continue to get better and better!! I am really happy for you guys. Good for you for being so "in tune" with Violet.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Joyce - grrrr - no pic. Pam - Awesome curls on that girl! I wanna get my fingers in there big time!!! what a doll! I do mind the black flies...

Oh Annie - that's WONDERFUL!!! I asked a girlfriend here who's a speach pathologist about whether it's w/in normal for a babe her age to be so quiet, and she asked some questions I didn't know the asnwers to: does she make noise when she cries? Does she track to sound - nice sounds, harsh sounds, etc. I'm sure they went throughthis w/you today, or w/the ot in the near future... it's just stuff she said was part of the learning curve for babies. Also, she said some babies get 'stuck' in the back of the mouth/top of the throat learning. They all start at the front (oh, waaa, etc.) then they start learning to make noises w/the back of the mouth (ah, gaa, goo etc.), then the learning goes back to the front and stays there for a long time, lip stuff. So she thinks maybe V. got 'stuck on the second set of learning, maybe because of hearing loss, but maybe because she just did. Some kids do, she said. no big deal. the ot should be able to get her to the next place w/out too much trouble. she did recommend getting all the services the county will provide. If you do, then usually insurance will cover it if her progress isn't satisfactory and she needs private help. She didn't know the rules for HI, obviously, but that's been her exp. here. Oh, and she asked whether your household is bilingual or more, because that can slow down language devlmt too, although not by a ton and w/in a year the biling kids are all caught up. But I didn't know the answers to those q's. You hadn't mentioned H. speaking Japanese at home, or if you spoke it w/him or Hawaiian for that matter!

Hey Laura - congrats on the sling! Take a pic for us!

Ok, time for bed. Lots of hugs mamas! YEA ANNIE!!! I hope the process wasn't too hard on V. and that she's sleeping good tonight (how is mak sleeping these days???). xxx andy

Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 AM

Andy- I'm not sure *I* can answer those questions! She does cry. She doesn't squeal, babble or laugh. She's the silent baby

I'm not sure what tracking is? She doesn't acknowledge when she hears a sound. Although, she will respond easily to visual cues. We only speak one language here.

So, we'll see what happens. I'm sure the therapy will get her on par quickly enough.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 AM

Annie : that's awesome news. OK. still some issue, but probably "fixable", right? I'm so glad to hear it. Violet is such a precious one!

I did not search diapers all day. we went to the beach and hung out with a mama and her twin boys, age 9 mos. was way fun. took some pics, which hopefully turned out well.

Carmen and David are so scrumptious. what chubbies!

Pam- Abigail is GORGEOUS! I bet you can't get far ouit of the house without people commenting on her hair and all. Is Geneva red-headed too? I know we've seen some pics, but maybe they had hats on?

Laura- that pic of Kaitlin playing is precious too.

All babies are goegeous today! and everyday!

It was a long day because we taked a bunch of errands on the end of our beach trip. not home until 5 pm and already time to make diner : feeding the family is never ending, it seems- Luka is by far the easiest to feed.

nothing more to say, but Im hiding in office while GB plays guitar to Luka.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM

I loved everyone's pics. I didn't take any pictures today. We spent time outside playing in Eamon's small pool. Aine watched and snoozed.

Ann - I am so happy for you and Violet. I occasionally wonder about Aine's hearing. I think I worry because she never had a newborn hearing test. I watch to see if she responds to sound and sometimes it is iffy. She does startle. She responds visually. I am not sure if it is just so loud here?? I am thinking about having her tested also. Of course, she is far from silent. She squeals a lot... Again hugs to you and the family. I know it will all turn out well.

Heather
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Pam, wow, she's beautiful!

Annie, yay good news! Maybe she's just a mellow kid (don't they say that 3rd babies don't talk FOREVER because the older kids do all the talking?) or perhaps she's highly introspective, inventing new theories and models of physics or something all day!

Laura, I like the soft effect...

*whine* I want a camera! A nice little pocket sized camera that I can download myself! All we have is this HUGE digital Canon Rebel - which is a WONDERFUL camera but it's BIG and I want a little cute ELPH to go in my diaper bag and use!

Wow, quiet afternoon. Everyone is out hunting diapers!

Nothing new here, Lauren has been SUPER spitty the last 2 days, so she's also waking at night every 2 hrs to make up for the lost calories. Nevermind all the clothing she and I have gone through!

I really need to get back to work and get the rest of my belongings before school is out for the summer. It just doesn't SEEM like June to me. Wow, I haven't worked in nearly 6 months. Amazing.

Lisa

Old 06-02-2005, 09:39 AM

Yay Violet!
and yay sweetpeasmom for making a sling. Hope it works out for you.

Yeah pretty much everyone we sees comments on Abby's hair. Geneva's isn't as red as Abby's was at this age, but there is a tinge.
Today, she's getting very developmentally frustrated. She wants to grab everything she sees!
Well time to get ready for playgroup.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:52 AM

Well I think we finally found a way to keep the chatter down :LOL everyones off diaper hunting You know I swear some of those icons were not there earlier in the day.

Well we've got il issues here again : Remeber how I was talking about getting a sitter on Sunday well dh asked the one sister we were thinking about and she couldn't do it and I waited 3 or so day for dh to ask his other sister. He never did, but apprently sil#1 told fil that dh was asking her to mind the dc sunday and she couldn't do it, so fil asked is he and mil could come over to do it. Well dh said yes without asking me, and I had asked my sister earlier in the day and she said she would do it.
Now I don't really want mil watching dd until she learns to treat me like a person. DS is differnt he's old enough to pretty much know what he wants and he likes spending time with mil. DH and I really didn't talk aBOUt it too much last night my mum was over for awhile then we went out to dinner for ds birthday plus we were both tired. But we did touch on it breifly and he wants mil & fil to mind dc. He's really into this "granparents rights" thing
DH was upset with me for asking my sister becuase he had already told his parents ok, but 1. he never told me this until he got home from work and I had already asked sis and 2 I waited 3 days for him to call sil2, his excuse is he didn't have her phone # well she works right down the street, not even a 2minutes walk and his parents have her # he couldn have asked them. I think he did nothing so he could be like "oh no we have no one else lets ask mil" I know its awefull of me to think that : but I do Times like these I can understand why my mum told me never to get married. Its not the husbands its the il's :

Old 06-02-2005, 11:46 AM

omg! first there is formula for toddlers, now this! http://expectalipil.com/

Old 06-02-2005, 12:18 PM

Well, we had a pretty good day yesterday. She didn't sleep much, just wanted to play all day. I guess the world is too exciting now. I zonked out last night when she did, and she spent a good half hour this morning awake and wiggly while I was half-asleep and didn't feel like playing yet. : I *think* she's asleep now. Quiet, at least.

Yikes, I noticed yesterday that I'm starting to pack weight back on. Time to actually watch how much I eat, I guess.

Woohoo, glad Violet's okay.

Ooh, I'm loving all the pictures. I took some new ones the other day, have to see if I can get them up later.

Karen: didn't you say Luka does an angry kitty noise? I think we've been getting that here, too. I'm very amused at the range of noises a baby can make. I didn't expect all this. :LOL

Jessi: Why? Well, he was like no one else I'd ever met. I didn't really think too much about how hard it is to live with deep, brooding, and sensitive from day to day. But I'd do it again. He isn't all bad, I mostly only talk about him when he is. Last night he did all of the diapers, laid down with the baby for an hour and tried to get her to nap, and we had some just-snuggle time for that brief moment she was actually asleep.

I'm thinking about making muffins. That might stop me from munching on chocolate bars all day. I have a lot of steel cut oats. I have strawberries. I have canned pumpkin. I could see what other fruit is on sale. Anyone have muffin recipes?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:31 PM

Hey Mamas

Paq, funny we are thinking of making pumpkin bread today. I'll post the recipe, if it works out. Oh, and I hear you on the "less chocolate" thing. I am so frustrated with how slowly the weight is coming off this time (still 10 lbs to go), and I'm determined to limit my chocolate a bit better.

Annie, that's great news about Violet! Something to work on, but a positive outcome. WTG for your Mama instinct!

I wanted to share a couple of more pics from that rainy day (I'm shameless, I know) DH got me PSP 9 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it! I took the photos from clips off of our digi cam; they were a bit pixelated to begin with, so I decided to fuzz 'em up more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/5175dbcc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/8e33496c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/3e8bdf7d.jpg

I went to bed REALLY early last night.... like 8:30!! What a wonderful, luxurious night of sleep I had. We didn't wake until 6am, which is even early for Brynn. I'm feeling so well rested

Oh darn, more to say but Brynn has decided she is done and tired with her little elephant... and Tess isn't inclined to entertain, so I guess it's Mama time!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 PM

Lisa those supplements have been out for awhile, around a year and toddler formula has been around since ds was a baby. What about those pediasure things now, well quite awhile now, and the reg ensure. You don't ever have to eat real food these formula for every stage of life :

Old 06-02-2005, 12:54 PM

Az- sorry you are dealing w/your mil situation

Kathy-I got a can of pumpkin lying around if that recipe comes out good let us know. glad you got some rest

heres the sling
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...l/000_2628.jpg

something just doesn't feel right with it. I definitely think the end of the straps need to be bigger for me because i can feel them digging into my lower back but the shoulder straps seem ok. Not even sure if its done properly but Megan seemed quite content in it. Think i'll need to make some adjustments for sure
Old 06-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Laura, what a pretty sling! Megan looks darling in it.

Paq, that's great about DH being nice last night. Thanks for telling us - I was getting really mad at him for you. We're the one with the wildcat baby. We have a custom embroidered fleece cover on the way from SCC, wildcat on the bum! I'm excited.

Lisa, you do need a new name. Post lots!

Happy Birthday Christopher. He is darling.

Wow, Abby is beautiful! Brynn looks sweet in that little hoodie.

YAY Violet!

On the intro - I'm the other knitter. I finished the top portion of a hat on the trip. Finally a bit of progress. This went soooo much faster when Evelyn was in my belly. Also, put Mary in the igloo with Pam. Add me to the Canadian list; I was born in Edmonton and resided there for my first six weeks of life.

I still have to read the last several pages of May Part 2. Work is looking busier and busier, so I'll be posting less.

Last night DH was holding the baby. He said thanks for the baby, and talked about how much he loves her and how playing with her and taking care of her make him feel good. He is such a good daddy!

Running off to pump. I have no time to search for diaper symbols.

User Tag List