Janulicious #1 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no idea about chiggers....

how is that carrier w/baby facing you- i/e for nursing???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Facing in to wear, very comfy. Nursing, about the same as my mai tai - I'm not very good at it, and you have to loosen it some. I've not been able to nurse hands free, but I did nurse while walking in it.. I let one shoulder strap out some and tipped her sideways..

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#183 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 04:19 PM

nak as usual,

Lisa, yes, chiggers are maddening. Hope that's not it, because they're so itchy! Bites usually happen in a sweaty, dark, place, like tops of feet, sock lines, panty lines, etc. How the bites look depends partly on what kind of allergic rxn you get to their saliva. I'm pretty allergic, so mine get very pink with a dark red spot in middle. Recommend something called "chiggarid," I think, which has enough of a sting that it feels good, and also that pink calamine lotion, and Benadryl. Best thing, though, is no contact on the bites to make you want to scratch. I walked barefoot for about a week one summer after a particularly bad field season. The marks from the bites took about a year to go away! Hopefully you're not so allergic and you'll feel less itchy soon. Usually chiggers in tall grass, and in leaf litter.

What do you mamas do with babes & bugs, esp. mosquitoes?

Catnip, sounds like things are so stressful for you right now. Let us know if you need anything that we can do.

Karen, I'll try the Wonderoos--the FB don't fit Carmen so great right now--but only if you decide not to eBay them.
#184 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 05:18 PM

Ok then, I fed 2 chiggers their first meals. Yuck it itches! I have these 2 huge red bumps (think big teenage zit size) and I JUST WANT TO DIG THEM OUT! (the bites, not the chiggers, they are already gone!)

Aaah I need to take a deep breath and learn to ignore the itchies.

It's 80something here, it's 80 in the house, and I'm feeling sticky.

#185 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 06:04 PM

nak w/ the other baby & guess what? The machine I picked out doesn't work, either! They must have heard bad things from the first washing machine ("they'll make you work so hard," it said). At least the one Matt picked out turned on; this one didn't even do that. What gives?!? So we're getting a $50 rebate for our trouble, and they're going to deliver a 3rd one today. If that one doesn't work . . .

Lisa, ice maybe will help, too.
#186 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 06:20 PM

OMG joyce! how ANNOYING!!! keep complaining and get freebies! I always do and now have 2 AIO printers sitting here
#187 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 07:19 PM

Joyce thats crazy. How could you get two new washers and not have either of them work!

Andy forgot to comment on your cut I alway cut everything really slow. When I was little 4-ish, my mum was chopping carrots and yelling at my sister and cut a giid chunck of her thumb off. It horrified me.

Karen I figure a dress shouldn't be too hard. I can sew alright. I would be alot better if I didn't rush :LOL I sewed a good chunk of ds clothes when he was a baby. Of course you'd think sleeveless

Lisa I have no idea what chiggers are and I really don't think I want to

The party went well. MIL was almost friendly and she talked to me a few times so I think dh's message must have hit home

I've got another little rant here (man am I ranty lately)
Ds's dad(CP) came to the party and asked ME to tell ds that cp's gf is expecting. Really he needs to talk to ds himself about that. I didn't ask him to talk to ds when I was expecting. And when ds great grandmother died we had to be the ones to tell him. Also cp has been having less and less to do with ds since he started dating his gf Its really sad because he was alwaysa very involved dad before then Now I'm worried he'll have almost nothing to do with ds. Its bad enough tht cp provides almost no finanial support. Agh I just hope everything works out ok in the end

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#188 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 07:46 PM

oh Az- to ds. what a lame-o dad- asking you to break big news. Does Mr C go to his dad's regularly??
glad to hear MIL is maybe behaving herself a little better. she IS an adult, afterall!

Luka is asleep in bed,on his back (which he nromally doesn't do). He keeps yelling out like he's awake but when I go in there he's asleep still. I had a sheet on him (don't know why, it's hot here) and I think he was progressively kicking it off.

we're going to some friend's house tonight for dinner and hottub. they got this hot tub a long time ago but never made a deck or anything around it- so when you got too hot, there was nowhere to hang. apparently he built a deck now for Luka. Maybe he thinks luka will just hang there while we soak??? not sure. maybe he'll keep it cooler so Luka can plunge as well. he always kept it cooler for me while I was pregnant. either way, I'm just happy to be fed
#189 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 09:04 PM

Hi everybody -

Well, we just got back from round three at the hospital. Last night, Kobe started puking, couldn't keep his medicine down, and his tongue started swelling. Also, a side effect of one of the medications he was on was major anxiety, so he was really fraking out. I've never seen him so scared. This just sucks so bad. He's so miserable. Totally has a high fever still. There's really not much they can do until his blood culture comes back. He's at the point where all they can do is give steroids, but with the fever that would be a big risk (steroids can majorly compromise the immune system, plus they are just gnarly). So, we're at a risk vs. benefit point right now. If his swelling gets any worse, they'll have to give the steroids, no matter what the risk. Anyways, its breaking my heart to se him like this, plus its scary not knowing how much worse it will get.

Az- Telling ds is really your x's responsibility. Gah, I hate when I hear about dad's doing that kind of thing. Do you think C will be excited about it? Glad to hear mil made a tiny effort on such a special day. At least she's compassionate enough to realize it was C's day, and not ruin it with her bs.

Lisa- I can totally make you a soaker. I have four to finish up, and then I'll get to it. PM me with what you want, ok.

Andy- ooh, ouch on the finger. How is it feeling today???When I was about 8, I was getting picked up for afterschool care, and my finger got slammed in the sliding door to the van. Well, it basically cut off the tip of my middle finger at the top knuckle. Not fully...it was still hanging there. I actually don't really remember it very well, but the scar is there to prove it, plus my grandma always talks about it. (shiver, in a bad way).

Nicole - yes, as everbody else has said, chamomila is fine. Homeopathy is extremely safe. It actually contains like one part per millionth of the actual plant. It works by using the energetic vibration of the plant rather than the extracts, or whatever. So, you can't really overdose on it or anything.

Ok, well...I'm mind numbingly tired. We've been sitting here watching Empire Falls on HBO. Its sorta depressing, but good for vegging out. Poor dh had to work at five this morning. I don't think he's gotten any sleep in like 2-3 days.
#190 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 09:40 PM

Oh no Annie!!! Poor Kobe!!! poor all of you for spending time in the ER. I hope this starts to resolve. How stressful for all of you.
#191 of 490 Old 06-04-2005, 10:04 PM

Oh Annie, poor poor Kobe. Did they ever find out what caused the reaction in the first place? That must be so hard to watch him like tht. JNever mind having the little ones around to care for also I hope things get better for Kobe real soon

Karen hottub sounds nice. Your friend sounds even nicer keeping the temp low for you when you were preg and building a deck for Luka.

Yeah I told my X that I'm not telling ds, thats his job. I don't know if ds will be excited or not. He doesn't really seem yto like the gf too much

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#192 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ya'll - I had to riiiiip the bandage off and it bled like crazy again, so I'm airing it and it huuuurts really badly, so probly not a long post here, but ...

Annie - I'm so sorry. I do wish I were closer to lend a hand somehow. You are so dedicated and such a good mama. Be sure you get some sleep so you can be strong for your sweetie. How is Mak. handling all this? sometimes kids kinda freak when they deal w/so much stress. I'm sure poor Kobe needs a lot of extra loving right now, too. Big hugs, mama. I hope he's feeling better right quick! I'll do more reiki tonight.

Pam - how was the party?

Joyce - Wowza on the major machine fiasco! Good thing they're doing the delivery etc. Kinda makes the $50 worth it ... though having the two babes in sposies for so many days isn't worth $50. But a couple of cute new outfits for summer...LOL!

Az - YEA! on Mr. C's party! Glad to hear mil behaved herself - sigh. Too much drama there, really. Weird about the x needing you to be between him and C. - maybe he's (the x) not comfortable with the gfriend either? Doesn't want to rock any boats... I guess all you can do is keep the door open and allow him to be as much a part of C.'s life as he's willing to be. I don't have any good advice. Hugs mama!

Karen. So sorry about the diapes. What a bummer. I was just doing a diaper 101 for this girl moving up here who is going to switch to cd after the move (when the baby won't have to be in day care full time), and I can't say I gave pockets a very good rap. We haven't had such good luck w/them. I've NEVER had a leak with the meos/cpf's w/wool covers (or the sbww's etiher, actually!). Try to find a felted wool site, Karen. They are SOOO comfy and NOT hot. And some are CUTE (tho I can't afford those). I use Valor kids, but they're pretty plain (she got all on the aio bandwagon. too bad, huh?!).

I'd love to have some inserts (hemp?) if you are getting rid of them anyway. LMK.

AZ!!! Thank you so SO much for the inserts!!! They went straight onto his baby bottom! You aren't using them? The paisley is so cute!

So this chicka that came over tonight was due Jan and birthed Feb 2., so I told her she could chat w/us. She's super nice. Her baby is SOOOO sweet! Isabella (two izzy's! amazing!). I won't give too much away, 'cause shes a super mama, and I want her to make her own mark here. Anyway, it was a great dinner and I'm so so glad they made the effort to come visit. YEA!!!

Lisa: you have GOT to try this:

8 heaping Tbs Rice flour
3 heaping Tbs Spelt flour (you could substitute there)
1 Full Tbs potato flour
1 Tbs oil
1 egg
1 cup rice milk
1 level Tbs baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

mix em up, fry em, and CHOW mama! These are SOOOO good! (pancakes, if you didn't guess).

Ok, my finger is killing me. I'm going to go hunt for some petroleum jelly (dh says it'll keep the bandage from sticking, but it kinda grosses me out), and wrap it up and hit the sack. It's giving me a headache. Karen - sorry to hear dh is still in such pain. I hope he's feeling better soon (and not just so he can help out w/babe !). Take care mamas!! Hopefully tomorrow my fing. will be better and I can get to more people in my post. I hate leaving people out!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#193 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Meant to add - Az - how come your name is in red?

Paq - I asked why you didn't get to be a senior member when you hit 1000... maybe they'll change that?

#194 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:42 AM

Hiya folks! We went and walked (in direct blazing sun and now I've got a sunburn and poor baby almost melted sleeping in the sling) and picnicked. We met some nice folks, including jee'smom from on here and her two DC... hmm, Peter's 5 mo, I forgot to ask when his birthday is. He's definately babylicious. Almost 20 lbs of chubby squishable baby there. :LOL Mike got to snuggle him though, I just got to get the piggies. Beatrice was all mama's girl today, except not nursey. I was getting worried for a while; we were out in the heat for hours and she hardly had a few sips. I've been so full all day. We left there around 2ish and had pre-arranged to meet someone at Barnes & Noble on the way home, and I figured we'd just stay a few minutes if she wouldn't nurse, but she had a nice munch while walking around, so then we went to Olive Garden (just my friend and Bea and me, Mike headed off for gaming) and she had a good long nurse and nap. Whew. And then I got a positive comment! A lady with 4 kiddoes was walking by us on her way out, and leaned over and whispered in my ear "I nursed my son for 3 1/2 years, and he spent 2 years in the sling. You're doing great, mama" I was like Made my night! We went and wandered AC Moore after that and then my friend brought us home and Bea was very happy to get back to bed to nurse. I think the teeth are really bothering her though, cause she can't seem to stay asleep. She was very upset the last time she woke, I walked her just out to the kitchen and she fell asleep on my shoulder, so she's sitting here on the boppy, on me, asleep now. So that was my day. Wow I'm tonight.

Annie: More for you and Kobe. I can't imagine how rough that must be on all you guys.

Andy: I saw that thread. You're so sweet to think of me. : I'd be happy to just get my PM box fixed! I can't delete anything, but the only thing Cynthia could suggest was to restart my computer. I have several months of uptime here! Sigh. So don't anyone try to PM me. I'm full.

Oh, hope the finger's feeling better! Have you thought about supergluing it? I've never tried that on a wound, but I've heard about it.

Tired. I should drag myself and my sweaty, sleepy baby to bed. How do you warm-climate people do it? She's in dipe and tshirt and just melting here. I feel like I shouldn't be holding her cause it heats her up, but if I lay her down she'll wake up and get upset again.
#195 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 AM

OMG, Annie, I can't beleive this has gotten so bad! How miserable. Big hugs, wow, you must be getting a little frayed. Get some sleep, sister.

Karen, have fun hot tubbing, and getting fed.

Sheri (I'll use her name!), I'm glad the party well. How inapproprite of the ex. Maybe since you'll hav eto talk to him about him delivering the news, you can also make a statement about him seeing ds less, and how you hope mr.ex/CP will continue to be a part of your son's life.

Andy-ow,ow,ow,ow. Healing vibes. Homeopathic hypericum works well for deep cuts, it helps them heal from deep to surface. Some hypericum oil might feel good when its healed up better too. If you have comfrey, you can soak it in that to get the skin healed. Nice intro by the way! DH is gluten free so maybe I'll try your pancakes,too. I just tried a GF bread mix in my bread machine- it was good enough for DH but didn't impress me. If you find a tasty bread machine recipe that works, let me know!

Joyce- I had luck like that when i was pregnant. In the last few weeks of pregnancy nearly ever major appliance in my house broke-washer, dishwasher, fridge, and every sink began leaking, and the sower handle broke off. And it was right near Christmas so of course we had ot wait a week to get anyone out, then a week for parts,etc. If you got a washer that came broke twoce, its fluky, but hopefully not the beginning of a trend. Maybe you should go for a very extended warranty out of them for the trouble- you would have every reason to fear the thing might not be so good.

OOPs baby cries, booby leaks. Must go...Heidi
#196 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

gOOD MORNING! Oops. sorry 'bout that. Well, my finger is a lot better today. I sent out a bunch of reiki for all the hurting kids and dh's and also me. Then Ori let me sleep for 5 hrs. (almost). Dh leaves tomorrow, so he's being all nicey for us and although it's a super busy week coming up, there's only one really ugly looking day. Today is a big picnic w/the babysitting coop families in the pm, work on platypus in the morn. Poor Orin doesn't want to nap, doesn't want to stay up either. Sigh.

Karen - was the tub turned down? We always kept ours at like 100 or 101, and the kids LOOOVED it. And tbh, it was hot enough for me. once in a while dh would crank it up for a while at night, but turn it down again before morning.

Heidi - I did take hypericum right away and every hour or two for the rest of Friday and a bunch yesterday. Also took some arnica, just for s&g, and finally found some calendula bees wax stuff that I used last night. Now it's really much better. Thanks!

Paq - whassup with the pm box? I just went and deleted a bunch of old stuff out of mine...so why not you? Weird.

'kay - off to get the platypus into shape :LOL

#197 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 11:52 AM

Andy I don't know why my name is in red. Maybe becuase I became a paid memeber? Glad to hear that the doublers are going to good use over there. We never use them and I had like 1/2dz Hope your finger is doing better today.

Annie I hope Kobe is feeling better and you didn't habe another night in the er last night.

Paq, sounds like you had a good day all around. You needed one. You feeling a better mentally now? Yeah I haer you about the heat. We went from 40s-50s last week to 80s now. Its killing us. I woke up a sweaty mess a couple of times last night

#198 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:20 PM

Paq- sounds like a nice day. Pretty cool comment too

Az- hmm I don't see your name in red here? . Glad you decided not to tell him and let his dad. Can ya believe our luck with the weather this weekend! it's about time.

Joyce- wow what a string of bad luck with the washers. Well 3rd times a charm, hopefully.

Annie- sorry to hear Kobe's troubles continuing. Poor guy

Andy- glad your finger is doing better. Can't wait to see how the platypus turns out! you will be sharing a picture right?

Been super busy this weekend, enjoying the weather. Finally got to go through Megan's clothes today and get rid of the small, winter type clothing and get her summer time clothes out. I broke her dresser in the process though. The legs ripped off.
Do any of your babes scootch yet? Megan has been when she's on her back she pushes off with her legs and can move all around. Seems like all of a sudden she's doing this. Can't believe my babe is getting so big!
#199 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM

Well, my pm box doesn't load right... the ads tile over art of it and icouldn't erase stuff, but then i turned off ads and it was okay. it's emptied a bit now.

man its hard totype and pump. back later.
#200 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 PM

Oooh Annie, hugs for little Kobe! I hope it goes away faster than it came.

Sheri, yah, tell x that he's gotta do his part and tell ds.

Ouch Andy, take care of that booboo. I almost wrote boobie

Andy, get some neosporin, not petroliumjelly. Ew. slimy. yuck.

Jeni, awesome to get comments like that! I always try to encourage people when I see them, esp. the moms who look scared to nip, I try to talk to them.

AYah I wanna know about the hot people too. It FINALLY got hot here this week (it was 80 at 9am this morning) and Lauren is just a little sweat ball now. Dh has been stripping her down to cloth only, no cover, and she's still hot. AND she's not peeing as much. Still clear pee, so I'm not worried, but the quantity is way down. I just washed and lanolized my wool, so I'm going to try it again and see if I like it. I really WANT to like it. And Andy, I washed the longie for you too, I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow.

So dh and I emailed the people with the dog that chomped on poor Zoe and we put our concerns to the keyboard and they wrote back basically saying "our life. butt out." so we say pfft buttmunches! Poor Zoe. I know we won't be going there to visit.

Laura, Lauren has started trying to scoot. She turns herself around 180 deg. and can get off her play mat by rolling and then pushing a bit, yesterday she ended up 2 rolls away from it on the hard wood, I had to get dh to see before I could roll her back to the soft. She LOVES pushing really hard on the changing table and lifting her butt up. She doesn't really do that anywhere else though. And for the first time she flipped herself over at night, and then woke me to nurse/pee. Odd baby

So we actually got up at 8 (all of us) and went to 9:00 mass. And then I got oggled by some guy in the parking lot. Now I'm starving, going to get something to eat - dh made a bacon sandwich and it smells SO good. Of course I have no bread or bacon that I can eat.

Lisa

#201 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 01:40 PM

Lisa- you got OGGLED by a guy?!?! wow. I am so NOT there. good for you sexy bf mama! And your "friends" with the dog? got their priorities all wrong. I hope they don't learn that the hard way!

OK, you guys asked about HOT? You just sweat a lot. that's it. You AND baby sweat a lot. when Luka sleeps on my arm, sometimes it's just pure wetness there. but what can I do? He sleeps in just a t-shirt and diaper, and I prefer to keep a tee on him during the day because otherwise we're just all around too sticky for my taste. I try not to go out in the hot sun- and slinging him is always HOT. add in a ilttle exercise and we're just hot hot hot. but whatever. it's funny, I was going through the LLL Library and flipping through an Eat and lost weight while bf book and it was saying not to exercise when it's hot and humid... that would be NEVER here:LOL

oh, the hot tub was nice. It was 100 or less and Luka enjoyed it. He liked the tub, but not hanging out in the dark. We brought a candle out but the wind kept blowing it out. Frankly it's so warm out that any hotter would be unbearable. We couldn't hang in there as long as I'd have liked- that was the only bummer.

Andy- glad the finger is better. ouch. I'm gonna try that pancake recipie too. I cut out wheat to see whether that's the cause of little bumps all over Luka's face. poor baby. I'll look through and see if I have any hemp things- but I think i got rid of them all w/the FB I sold.

Laura- Luka is a scootcher too. He's been able to amble himself around a little for awhile. It's not coordinated at all, but somehow he's never exactly where I put him.

I don't know what we're gonna do today. Dh is going diving on the other side of the island. Currently it's a little rainy here and I'm hoping it does all day long and is maybe a little cooler than it has been.
#202 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 02:15 PM

Morning everyone.

Well, sick ville has hit our house this weekend. Em has been running a fever since yesterday afternoon. Last night it got to 103. One of the highest she has ever had. She had a 104 when she was a baby, but since then, she has been pretty healthy (knock on wood). It is so hard to see your baby who is usually so active, just laying on the couch looking so tired and sick. We are hoping that Will doesn't get it and that mama's immunities keep him safe.

Other than that, not much is going on here.
Andy, glad the finger is feeling better. I think it hurts worse on the fingers than in other places because there are so many nerve endings.

Annie - hope Kobe is doing better today.

Lisa - Cool picture of Lauren in that mei tai. I'm actually considering getting DH one. I think he would like it.

Heat - Pretty much we just stay inside. I keep Will and kept Em in full dipes, primarily because I was at work, and really can't afford to wear pee while I am there. Em wears alot of dresses and Will wears alot of sleeveless outfits. Otherwise, we just depend on AC to keep cool. I do change dipes more often so there is no rash possibility.

Scooting - Will scoots on his back and arches his back when he is on the floor. He also pulls his knees up under him and stick his butt up in the air. He has scooted on his tummy a bit, leaving red marks on his head from the carpet. We have taken to calling him Rug Burn.

Better go. Sick little girl wants grapes.
#203 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 02:55 PM

Bea scoots around, too. She likes to turn herself sideways on the bed, if she hasn't already flipped onto her belly. She rolls and scoots off the dipe for nakey time anymore, but so far hasn't peed while off the dipe.

Yeah, yesterday was wonderful, and I do feel a lot better.

Lisa, you got oggled at church?! Wow. Maybe you should have told that guy to go back inside and confess.

Wakey baby, now nakey baby. I think she's getting an infection. She's kinda cheesy. I think we'll go for a bath and some of the Burt's Bees diaper cream. Has anyone else with girls had this happen? The boobs have been feeling a little thrush-y lately, but no other signs in her. I'd really rather avoid going to the ped with this, he's a good doc but I'd rather meds only as a last resort, yanno? But I don't want to break the baby, either.

Oh, she took my DDDDC off and now I'm Senior, see. But I don't think I had the DDDDC for a full week, so I feel kinda... unfulfilled.

Alright, gonna go hang dipes, wash baby, and ponder going to the inlaws. It's way cooler there under the trees.
#204 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 03:57 PM

Ooooh Yah! It's hot enough to line dry the dipes now..

Nah, not oggled at church, oggled after church at Kohl's. I made dh and Lauren stay in the car - I was after a specific top I already have but in a different color - so I ran in and ran out - but I came out the wrong door, the one away from the van, so I walked across the parking lot - and this guy in his pickup truck pulled into a space I was about to walk through. He parks his car as I walk past, and dh says he about fell off the seat while he got out because he was too busy following my arse across the lot.

Anyhow, sexy me is wearing a jean skirt I haven't been able to wear for a while (like, I couldn't wear it last year, the last time I remember wearing it was maybe 2.5 yrs before getting pg?) and a tank top (yes, bf cleavage all over the place) and a sheer floral blouse over it all. I must admit, I did look pretty good.

I'm pretty excited to go through my closet and pull out things I've held on to for WAY too long and wear them again. Of course some of them are SO out of style (pleated pants, anyone?) but some aren't.

#205 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 04:59 PM

Okay, ladies, I'm SO MAD at DH, I need you to help me chill. (Or maybe make me feel better about being so mad, ha ha!) Ready? Yesterday was a busy day and DH was on diaper duty. This morning I changed Carmen and noticed she had an ugly, uuuuglly rash. I ask DH if he had put anything on her before her bedtime double diaper. He says no (wrong answer). He says he did notice a rash last night though (wrong answer). When I cleaned her, I notice that she still had poop on her from the last time he changed her. It was practically on her belly, so he had smeared it from elsewhere. I remembered that every time she's had an ugly rash, it's been after a long weekend with DH home. I was so upset! When I tell him that she probably has a rash because he didn't bother paying enough attention to her diaper, he tells me that he can't pay attention to all those details, that I nag him about enough details already (like the fact that the diapers that he washed last night and then put away were still crusty! ew! I'm washing everything over . . . ). I wrote Mr. I'm Too Busy For Details a diaper and rash PROTOCOL that I stuck on the wall several weeks ago because he made a similar claim then. So then he walks off in a huff and goes somewhere (away on a jog or something) while I try to bathe Carmen in a hurry because David's screaming bloody murder. When I tend to David, of course Carmen starts screaming. Later DH comes back from his walk or jog or whatever all hunky dory and sweaty, and decides to take David into a bath with him. I ask DH to please use some GSE on David because since they share so much I want to make sure he doesn't have a rash, either. Later David comes out and I notice the GSE is exactly where I left it. I ask DH if he used it, and he says no (wrong answer). I asked if he checked under David's boys before putting on the diaper. He says no, but he "seemed fine" (wrong answer). I'm on the verge of hitting DH upside the head, I'm soooo mad. DH says if I wasn't always on his case about all these details (like don't walk through the house like a gorrilla, you'll wake the babies, don't let the cat play with their teething toys, that's gross, and look at the baby when you change the diaper, etc.) then he would remember the GSE. Uuuggggghhhhhh! Now, what? In his defense, he's really brilliant, just a little short on common sense, and I try to be patient and remember that he doesn't always THINK, but how do I get through to the guy?!?! Some days I feel like chasing him around with a can of Lysol or something.

Rant over. Please help, I'm so angry.

Whew. Time to think happier thoughts. Should be doing work, but I can't right now. Work isn't much of a happy place for me right now, either; I'm so behind after the washer fiasco and everything. (But the washer does work, thank goodness . . . but you're right, Heidi, I should have asked for an extended warranty . . . they wanted $200 for it . . . with such a high price fora warranty, I wonder if they EXPECT the washers to break within the 3 years of the warranty???)

LOL, Lisa, your Kohl's story was funny. Glad it wasn't church, ha ha!

Andy, I hope your finger's better. Butterfly stitch it, maybe???

Oh, shoot, Davey calls. Well, that was fast. Sorry to leave you with just a long RANT!
#206 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 05:08 PM

ugh Joyce, I'd be realy maad too! Next time, ask him to put on one of the poopy diapers nice and snug up under his boys and walk around for a few hours... maybe that'll make your point?

Lauren is singing to me. I am SO hot! Karen, Annie, Nicole, Joyce, wow, hugs to you for living in hot places!

#207 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
ugh Joyce, I'd be realy maad too! Next time, ask him to put on one of the poopy diapers nice and snug up under his boys and walk around for a few hours... maybe that'll make your point?
:

Joyce- that's hard. sometimes you gotta let dads parent THEIR way. I know they don't do things the "right" way. But if we are always down their throats telling them, then they sometimes just choose NOT to engage very much. KWIM? Since you have twins, that just CAN'T happen- you really need his help, right?!? In the case with the diaper rash.... well, that's lame. he shoulda been more diligent.
I know that even on kid #3 I'm totally micromanaging dh sometimes. He has been working a lot and not doing as many diapers and things- which is fine, except that since I got so crazy and bought a bunch of different kinds, he can't figure many of htem out. so I stand over him and hover. lame too, I know.

Lisa- you just get used to the heat! according to my computer, it's 77 here now and I just put on pants cuz I was chilly : 72 here and we bust out wool socks. pathetic, eh? I'm thinking about our trip and worried about how cold it might be in Nantucket- like I'll maybe have to bring some socks GASP for Luka :LOL
#208 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 06:18 PM

Karen - I totally understand about feeling chilly at 77. I make Em wear pants until it hits 80 on a regular basis.

So my poor kiddo is just getting worse. We called the ped, since even with Tylenol, her temp never dropped below 100. When it finally wore off, it was at 104.6. Ugh. Really makes you worry. She looks so tired and upset. He told us to watch to see if she stops being coherent or if she can't stand. If either happens, we go to the ER. If not, we go to his office tomorrow morning. Either way, it looks like I am not going to work tomorrow.

Fortunately, Will has been pretty good, not demanding a whole lot of time. We have successfully rolled, repeatedly, from back to front now!

Better go tend to the kiddo.
#209 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 06:24 PM

poor Em! I've heard from a ped friend that those high fevers are fine. It's hard to see your child so lethargic though- it's certainly worrisome.
#210 of 490 Old 06-05-2005, 06:25 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page