Janulicious #1 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow I'm way behind after me failry busy weekend. I actually had dh home for both days it felt like a mini-vacation

One the cute print diapers we go coverless alot around here. Its lets more air in plsu its one less step on the change table I've even got dh doing it. Of course my house looks a mess becuase there's prefolds randomlly all over somedays. Once she's walking she'll probably be coverless more often than not. I would leave ds coverless as often as possible and his diapers weren't as absorbant as these fitteds. Oh and usually naked in the yard.
DH is pretty good at diaper duty. But he's had loads of experience. He's getting good at putting them away now too but sometimes he come up with some weird combos. We have a couple of diapers that have a tri-fold hemp lay-in soaker. Usually he matches them up fine, but the other day I pull out a diaper and he put a velor/sherpa wipe in as the soaker good thing I was putting that diaper on.

Joyce I've found the best way to deal with the dh things is to take is to not yell and casually bring it up later. Oh I don't know if you realised but you missed some poo on C's belly when you changed her last time" That way your not acting like the boss and your giving him the benefit of the doubt (or at least letting him think you are ) and an oppertunity to redeem himself next time. Yeah not harping is hard, I imagine doubly hard with twins. But daddies do things their own way, it may not seem the "best" way to us but you gotta let them do things their way.

Well I think Miss E is up, and I've got another busy day over here. I'm taking both dc to get their pictures done. It was going to be a father's day surprise for dh. But when they called yesterday to confirm the appt, dh looked at thecaller id and I said I got it he looked right at me and answered the phone : so there goesthe surprise

Oh our anniversary lunch out yesterday went very well. DH and I had agreat time. My sister was up to her usually ok babysitter standards :LOL the house was a total mess the tv was on and up really loud...but Miss E was totally happy. She was fed and clean and my sister said she didn't even cry once and she was smiling and laughing

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ah - so now we know. Evelyn is 2x as big as Orin. His thigh is almost 6 3/4". Almost. :LOL!

I forgot to add, if anyone is looking into getting some new covers, I've been LOVING the stacinator stretch wool. Very comfy, easy, adjustable, good colors (ok, not a great variety of colors, but the colors available are rich and deep).

Happy Birthday Pam!!! I'm glad you had a great party!

Makai must be the cutest 2yo in existence! He does look mischieveous, tho!

Off to log some walking minutes! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Annie I hope thing get better with Kobe. It must make it even harder not knowing whats wrong. I don't know if I told the story before but one of dh's sister was really fat, huge, bigger than Violet, and when she got mobile the only way she could get around for a while was to roll Apprently that happens with chunky babies. You better watch out Violet might just keep rolling and rolling

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-06-2005, 11:05 AM

Morning Mamas!

Em is feeling better today. She still has a fever, but now it is only 100. It is enough to keep her out of school, enough to make her whiney and clingy, but at least she is not so lethargic. She got a good nights sleep, so she will be back to normal by tomorrow, I am sure.

Will slept really well too, but he wet through his dipe, so he was wet. I thought my fleece might be repelling, but nope. I think I didn't get it on right or something. Oh well. We'll try again tonight.

Annie - Violet is adorable and I love the glasses on Makai. You sure have some cute cute kids, even Kobe, although he is sick right now.

HB - Good to see you back. Come back to us!

Okay, better get going. Em is demanding my attention and everyone knows it is impossible to ignore a sick kiddo.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:40 PM

Wow, you guys were chatty in the middle of the night.

Another strawberry diaper for Az This one's hyena, so you'll have to be on the ball right at 8 tomorrow. It's a size 1; that improves your chances of getting it.

Kathy, have a great time on your trip!

The other day the folks at work were talking about their adventures in Chicago, where there are lots of meetings. If not for Evelyn, I might have been there too, and I'd have gone to Israel for a month, and I'd have a much better idea of how this software I'm modifying works and way more contacts to help. But she's worth it!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:10 PM

Nicole- glad to hear Em is feeling better

Az-sorry your surprise was ruined. Glad you guys had a nice lunch and Miss E did well for your sitter

Kathy- have fun on your camping trip. I love to camp, dh does but he prefers to camp in a camper or cabin My dream one day is to hike the AT trail and I was already in the planning stages of it to do it in 2003 but the I got pregnant the year before so that's on hold for awhile :LOL

Happy belated Birthday Pam

Annie- hugs to Kobe. Yes it's very hard

Jessi- congrats on Evelyn sitting up woohoo.

paq- whats sca? I know I love medieval renissaince wear, that pattern was (forgot who posted it already) cute! I wanted to make my girls some dresses and go to our fair one day. I started making one for myself and one of my cats peeded on it

I finally decided to try a calico baby AIO and just got it in today. It looks great, well made now I can't wait to put it on her. Bummer that they took away the image thing, whats up with that?
gonna be busy this week, trying to raise some extra funds. Trying to clear out stuff I don't need either by selling or freecycling. Gotta love freecycle
Old 06-06-2005, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Laura - we freecycle! ugh squirmy hot baby. I'm going out to buy some fans!

Old 06-06-2005, 03:23 PM

LOVE all the pictures, ladies. I wonder why the img code isn’t working. Maybe they’re fixing the formatting or something?

SCA is Society for Creative Anachronism. sca.org. Cool group.

Thanks for the wisdom, empathy, and humor (Lisa!) about DH's. I guess we all have to deal with it to some degree. I do try to use as much tact as possible, and pick my battles, but my patience runs short when I feel like my babes are unhappy or in danger of getting hurt. Then I feel so ferocious! Oh, my DH. He’s just not always “in the present,” ykwim? He's usually thinking about what he wants to do next or work or a fun thing for the day . . . or vacations. I know he's gotten used to the baby routine because he's planning vacations again. He wants to go camping next week at a beach adjacent to a chemical plant about 1.5 hours from here. He likes the beach, argues that the waves will be great white noise when the babies are sleeping, and the chemical plant? It’s downwind! Aaaaaaargh! Hopefully he'll get a better idea later. Like, how about we give the mama a break and do NOTHING?!? :LOL Too bad the babies still hate the car so much. I’d love to get out to West Texas for a bit when it gets really hot here.

Wow, Nicole and Annie, you two have had tough weekends. Both of you must feel stretched pretty thin by now. I hope your week is much less exciting and much more restful, with healthy kiddos.

Andy, how do you reiki long distance? (and when do we see the platypus?!?)

Even though I live in a hot place, babies have made me a real heat wimp, Lisa. I run the AC a lot these days. DH keeps admonishing me about saving the earth (he won't even wash the diapers in hot water), but I don't let the house get above 78 or so. I can't stand to be holding the babies and have us be all slimy. Because of the heat and bugs, we don't go outside much lately, unless it's early. We just go to indoor places, like to the Galleria and people-watch near the ice rink.

Today was the ABC nurse-in. Can’t wait to hear about how it went.

Those of you with sitting-up babies, how did they figure that out? All mine want to do, when they aren’t scooting around on their backs, is to stand up (with us holding their hands, of course). They’re so silly.

Happy Birthday, Pam! You’re in Novia Scotia? Which side? DH and I thought about backpacking a park that was in the western part. Still want to go & use FF miles for the flight to Halifax.

Sorry you haven’t been able to get much alone time, Jeni. I haven’t gotten much, but I’ve at least gotten my hair cut a couple times. What kind of bottle are you using? Maybe Bea doesn’t like the feel of the nipple and she would take the bottle if you used a different kind? Hmm.

This boy just won’t sleep. I keep stopping and restarting this post because he just wants to be silly. He’ll sleep 3 hours during the day, tops, the past week or so. Funny dude. Well, he wants to play, so I’m gonna and then do some work while sis sleeps.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:28 PM

Heidi- come back from the dark side :LOL! I find the coops and swaps to be horribly addictive, but then I sorta perused through much of it this weekend when I was being a slacker and came out ahead.

Annie- wow. daily dr visits. wow. are they taking lotsa blood too, in addition to pee? poor baby. at least he had some visitors to boost him up. if we were there we'd do the same.

Kathy- I hope you have FUN on your trip. we used to camp all the time, but dh's back is bad and so sleeping on a substandard surface (even a blow up mattress) bothers him We've done a bunch of mama baby camping trips before. maybe I'll have to find some camping buddies soon. the kids love it. we also have a huge tent- can comfortably sleep 6? or so in there- it's all MUCH different from the backpack adventures.

Nicole- glad to hear Em is better! I hope getting better is contagious!

Lisa- when baby is dry all night (as Luka is often), the mornings are peeeeeee-ful. He pees a lot in his first hour of being awake after that. next time you'll know better

Happy Belated birthday PAM!!!

Luka's getting ready for a morning snooze and is very UNhappy. doesn't wanna nurse either :
Old 06-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Well the pictures went well. I think its a good thing my surprise got ruined cause now I can show them to dh when he gets home :LOL

Jessi thanks a real lot fo the diapern link. I want it bad, thats the print ds loves. We didmanage to find one diaper in that print but the wahm wanted almos $9 for shipping : And we really like the little fishie diaper that you sent. So I guess I know where I'm going to be before 8pm tomorrow morning

Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
Lisa- when baby is dry all night (as Luka is often), the mornings are peeeeeee-ful. He pees a lot in his first hour of being awake after that. next time you'll know better
Ah yes we have the same thing here. Miss E pees some at night but not very muchj and then I'll have 1 sosking diaper, 1 very wet diaper and 2 pretty wet diaper within an hoiur

Old 06-06-2005, 05:18 PM

$9 for shipping! That is crazy. That's more than the shipping for our carseat. (Babyage.com is great for good prices and very reasonable shipping, and quick. But no, they don't ship to HI.) The little fishy is 8pm tomorrow evening, silly. Don't get up early for it.

Tiger, Evelyn has been practicing sitting for over a month. She grabs our fingers and then crunches, and we help pull her into a sitting position. Then we support her back or belly or shoulders, or she just holds our hands, to practice. Now she can sit by herself, but only on the bed unless closely supervised.
She loves to stand, too. The chiropractor said, "Don't make her stand yet. She's only three months old" but she loves to stand.

Today was a good-bye lunch for yet another coworker. Three years ago we had this awesome team, so close that people still drive in from their various new jobs for these good-bye lunches. Now there are only four of us left here, out of twenty-five or so. It was a great lunch; I miss those guys. It's good to get out with the grown-ups too, although I miss seeing Evelyn at lunch. Mmm, PF Chang's and their "Training Menu," where I can select the dish with the most calories and protein. Mmm.

Az, your package came on Saturday. Thanks! The large dipes you sent came through the wash and we'll try them today. Let me know if you need any more smalls or mediums. Do you like the Little Fishy? (breast cancer print)
Old 06-06-2005, 05:33 PM

Love yer new siggy line jessica!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 PM

Yeah, Jessi...Me, my mom and the kids were just oohing and ahhing the pics. our favorite is the one where she picks the blue sweetner. Ok, my mom's fave is the one of her in the brumbo seat. She's soooooooo beautiful!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM

Aw, thanks, Ann and Heidi!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Jess - I always get kinda teary when life 'moves on' - kids grow up, people change jobs, graduate. The good times are always too fast for me. Tigermama - Orin scoots and wants to stand up holding hands too. And that's about all he does. Not too many party tricks. His sister has lots, so I guess that makes up for it! Pretty soon they'll be mobile, mama, and you'll be a-wishing ONE of them would be where you put them when you walk back! It's truly amazing how fast they 'get' something and there's no going back.

Hey Heidi - finish up those trades and banish all thoughts of abandonment, We will always love you here...there they get finickey about stains and such I did a few and made some $$ and now I'm happy to have finished up and moved on.

Nicole - Yea for Em! I'm glad she's feeling better. Enjoy a nice day w/her and Will.

Az - Didja get that diape? How crazy is it to search the whole web for 1 diape and then have to get up early (or stay up late) to get it! But...

Oh well, time's up (as is baby). caio mamas!

Old 06-06-2005, 06:48 PM

Jessi, Evelyn is famous! http://www.greenacredesigns.com/stor....asp?curpage=3

So, are old fashoined girls name's making a comeback? I noticied we have quite a few here in our group - Violet, Elizabeth, Lauren, Evelyn, Lillian, Iris...who else? I know there are more, my mind is a blank though.

So, Kobe is doing awesome today!! I think his fever broke last night. Still very swollen, but no more hives. Doctor said its probably a mild case of something called HSP . Never heard of it before until I posted about this whole thing in the allergies forum. And then when I asked the doc, he said that was actually what had been in the back of his mind. It could last 2-3 weeks longer, and it might flare up again...but for the most part it seems that he's on the up and up. He is on the highest possible dose of antihistamines that they could safely give, so he is a bit edgy. That's the only sucky thing. Plus, we were supposed to leave for our trip today...we postponed it indefinitely. Luckily, the doc faxed the airline a medical exemption so we got all of our tix refunded except a hundred dollars. Phew!

So...I hope everyone is good for today. Lots of love to you all!!

Az, clothease is open for customs. They could probably do a pocket with a strawberry embroidered on the bum. Do you call her a strawberry because she has red hair?
Old 06-06-2005, 06:58 PM

Karen's rihgt, those swaps are addictive! I did just get my Ikea toys package today, it was pretty fun to get mail. But if anything I'll just go to once a month swaps casue it's time consuming and feeds my consumer madness bug. Bad. i stayed outta yer diaper hunt craziness- I don't know the details and think I'm gonna stay that way!!!

Kathy- camping is so funny lately- I back packed across yellowstone once and spent 30 days with two t-shirts, ate dehydrated potatoes all the time, and used rocks and leaves as toilet paper...and last year we car camped in MAy on our lets go conceive a baby trip and even had a bike rack stuck on it. I even brought my food processor and a car jack attachment so I could make hummus and gazpacho : . , but we actually used everything we brought. Which reminds me a lesson learned on that trip- you can't whack a coconut with a cast iron pan to crack it open, in the battle of Cast Iron Versus The Coconut, the coconut will always win. The pan cracked straight across, who knew It does work to hurl the coconut at a tree, but it will scare squirrels and you do have to be okay to go chase the coconut that land sin the bushes the first three times when you miss the tree :LOL .

Healing for Kobe.

Happy Birthday Pam.

How did you all get ot be senior members- I feel like this is my second home, I'm addicted to the dang computer and what do I have to show for it- a mere 188 posts!! I need to post more times, less length to catch up to you guys!

Joyce, vacation sounds good.

I am making plans to go to the Keys and see the shamama midwife Marina / the one who has the nickname Iris who did ceremony to help us conceive Iris. I am really excited, it'll be a midwife-water-healing-ho-down-retreat, and I suspect it will be the really powerful healing work I need to finish up my stuff about my birth- I mean IRIS'S birth. It'll be end of July. It is under the guise of a AquaNAtal teacher training/midwives waterbirth continuing education conference, but its really just an excuse to get together with a bunch of women and do some bonding and healing and swimming and yoga-ing and dancing. And Iris will get to swim with us. I have been teaching the AquaNatal classes, which is the program Marina made up to work with pregnant ladies in the water, with baby Iris twice a week now for almost a month, and she's doing great. (I have taught the AquaNAtal classes for 3-4 years as part of my midwife care until I gave birth). The YMCA (where i teach) did ask me to not breastfeed her in the pool, which I sometimes do. There's a group of big old ladies who look like the dancing hippnopotumus's from fantasia who do their arthrtic aerobics in the pool after us, and I guess they were offended by me feeding her and were offended when I took her "swim dipe" (a fuzzi bunz/ no insert) off at the pool side when I took her out. They thought I was changing her there and being a gross health hazard, so I was asked to not change the babe pool side. I was just trying not to have to carry a soggy baby, plus al my stuff, across the whole pool area before I cleaned her up! I was asked not to breast feed her in the water cause "she might spit up". I clarified that she won't spit up, this is about breast feeding right? They said no, it's about spit up, plus you wouldn't want obe exposed, yada yada. So I said, actually I can breastfeed her anywhere I want in Florida, and the lady was a bit perturbed and said "not at the Y". it lef tme a bit irked. And so I did decide to press the issue, not that I feel the pool is likely to be full of nursing mamas, but as a midwfe and advocate of women, I recoginzed the unique circumstances here and felt it badly they would ask a momma not to feed her baby, even in the pool. So I am waiting for word back from the Y director, I sent him a sample policy about pool breastfeeding that says recreational water safety research says BF in the pool poses no health hazard to baby or pool goers, and the Florida law that says I can breastfeed where ever I am authorized to be. So I am hoping to get them to make a policy that specifically says women can breastfeed in the pool if they want. Weird niche of a concern, I know, but since it came up with me, probably one of the few people who WOULD have occasion to and be comfortable with breastfeeding in a public pool, and I know it's legal and safe, I figure I might as well make it an educational oppurtunity. Plus, I hate being told what to do.

I also went to another birth this weekend, as the assitant who comes at the end. I am training another asssitant, so I am like assiting the assistant- not a critical person there at all. I missed the birth, actually, and just hung around to oversee and train the new birth assitant. I nursed Iris and left her asleep about 10pm, but she woke as I walked out the door and screamed wiht daddy for an hour until he finally called and had me come home. She was soooo happy to see me, didn't need to nurse, just to see me, and then i laid wiht her until she went back to sleep. It was myfirst expereince of her really NEEDING me, her momma. I am with her all the time, so I don't get to see how much she wants me near until soemthing like that comes up. The next morning when I slept in MArtin gave her another bottle.

I better go be useful while the napping is still good...Heidi

I still haven't found a dang spell check on this thing.

Note: Please xcuse Heidi for liiving. Shes a crappy typist and can spell the same word 5 different ways in the same sentence when left to her own devices.

I am a generalist- I know about whata a word looks like, I just can't remember the specfics. A learning style thing, I've always done it. i'll have the first and last letter right, and the middleones all jumbled up. Should have seen my 5th grade report on Pyramids. Speeled different every sentence! My dad had a hard job as my personal spell checker until spell check was invented.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Heidi, good job standing up for nursing at the Y. I hope they don't make a big fuss over it. Your conference sounds like it will be great.

Here's another URL for Evelyn's pic: custom cloth-ease Hopefully that one will work directly. Thanks for posting that, Ann! I was just about to spend time uploading that pic so I could post it here. The embroidery on that diaper is blue flames. I dunno whether I told you guys about DH singing to the baby when she was small, "I've got blue flames shooting out of my arse" (repeat several times). I told him to make up songs for her and that's what he came up with. Hence, the blue flames diaper! :LOL
Old 06-06-2005, 07:31 PM

The special subtitles are gone. Thank you to whoever did that!
Heidi, hilarious about spelling. DH tells me that if you get the first and last letter in the correct spot and the rest mixed up, people can still read it.

Ann, crazy about Kobe and the HSP. Glad you have moved your trip. Glad he will get better. I hope he does not get it again.

Beatrice is the other classic name around here.

And poor Martin with the screaming Iris. He is such an attentive Dad; it must make him sad that he can't soothe her like you can. Evelyn gets the same way sometimes, just wants me to walk into the room, but then other times she wants him in particular.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Heidi, has Martin tried just putting Iris up to the nip and seeing if he can pacify her that way? I've heard of that working for a few people.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:11 PM

Heya mamas! Well I went to the chiro this morning, and then the nurse in, then we visited my mom at work, and then went to her house to sew while she worked... Lauren napped from 2-6 and now she's "coughing" and rolling on the floor. Funny baby.

Andy, I sat down with a bunch of ripstop, fleece, and a machine and just started putting it together. I got 90% of it done and then realized a BIG problem. So if I can solve the problem, I'll send you this blanket. It's boyish and fuzzy.

freecycle. We get rid of all kinds of useless crap around here that way! And we don't have to haul it.

Joyce, don't you have to use hot water to clean dipes? UGH I'd think that was icky! Of course I don't know that our water gets hot enough to kill germs, but the dryer does

UGH HOT! While I was out having fun (and enjoying the cool!) dh put a fan in our room. Yay, at least it'll be a little more comfy tonight. Why he won't put the a/c on is beyond me. I can't get the top off the box that keeps the junk out during the winter, so all I can do is whine about it.

Supposed to be 95 here in a few days. Was 95 yesterday.

Karen, yah, I am SO in tune with the "babies are camels" thing - but she peed a good amounth at 1am and 4 and 6, so she SHOULD have been at least a 20 min. hold on the next one

Yaay Kobe, feel good buddy!

Heidi, ahhahahahaha on the coconut!

Jessi, hehe blue flames! I had to tell dh about that.

Annie, YES, I think all men should pacify babies. That's why they have nipples.

Going to walk around the block with baby, dog, and dh.

xoxo
Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Annie your pm box is full!
My pm to you:

what are you looking for in music/books?

do you like toad the wet sprocket?

no problem on time, i'm in no hurry, i really need to try out the ones we have

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Annie- at least now you know what's up with Kobe. From what you've shared with us, seems like he fits this disease exactly. too bad it takes so long to get over! hopefuly he's just on the mend!!!!
I just noticed that Ra'am has his telltale bumpy skin from being exposed to an allergen ( what? who knows). He has some itchy rashy spots on his chest and back too. it's annoying. he did say some bug stung him yesterday on the foot. sigh.... I'll give him some benadryl tonight, but it usually is not effective with this.

Heidi- no one here cares about bad spelling. shoot, half of the time I'm nursing when I post adn so I'm hunting and pecking with one hand.
Good for you for standing up to the pool people (in a nice way!). yk, when we were at this hotel they had to close the pool and add chemicals because a kid puked in it. I wonder if spit up would cause the same- though kids spit all the time...... it is very important to not let people discourage bf.... I mean we have such poor rates of bf (on the whole) and so people gotta see it! I can't believe how many mamas have come to LLL saying that before having their baby they NEVER saw someone bf. geesh- what a disconnected socitey.
cool you teach aquanatal. No one does here, but on Maui, there's a teacher with stuff going on all the time (I get emails about it)
Oh, and I LOVE your coconut story! I can't beleive it killed the cast iron!!! we keep a machete in the car, but I've had my share of trying to open cocos with less than optimal tools.

I took the bambinos to see Madagascar today. Luka nursed at the beginning and watched a bit and then just fell asleep in my lap. he's never done that before- falling to sleep sans movement or sucking. Now we're home and he's naked on the floor and happy as a clam! of course I'm sure he'll be spritzing the house and quilt he's on soon and I'll wonder what propelled me to take off the diaper.

I also bought some ribbon to make Luka a little taggie blankie thing. I saw some in the store for over $20 it'll probably cost me $2 and 15 minutes to make. If it comes out good and passes the baby like test, then I'll be happy to send some on to our fellow Jan babes (Feb too!).

Luka needs me. air on his bottom isn't satisfying enough!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=lisa2976
Joyce, don't you have to use hot water to clean dipes? UGH I'd think that was icky! Of course I don't know that our water gets hot enough to kill germs, but the dryer does [/QUOTE]

DH has an awful lot of faith in soap . I use hot, tho hot in my house is only about 130 deg F. Technically, don't know if dryer really sterilizes, either; how hot do they get? Do use baking soda @ wash & vinegar @ rinse; heard the change in pH did the trick. Mamas? How DO our dipes get clean?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hola mamas!

http://www.thenewmom.com/blog/

link to a couple of cool pics from the NYC nurse-in. I think everyone had fun lactating together (and wearing babies, as you can see!).

Joyce - I'm really super OCD about the diapes. I wash in cold 1/2 cycle to get rid of poop. Then I wash on HOT HOT full cycle (it's at least 130, probably hotter. Dh rigged the small hot water heater to the washer and the big one to the rest of the house, so it's hotter on the washer than the taps are...does that make sense?). I use regular detergent (no reactions, so I'm not buying anything special) and vinegar. Then I run them on a super hot cycle in the dryer for 40 min. They come out piping hot and clean to the eye and nose. I guess it's possible some little weeny germie (the worse kind, of course!) could make it through, but they'd be WAY better off infesting my daughters clothes that spend most of their life on the floor and get shoved in a drawer only when yelled at (her, not the clothes).

Heidi - LOVED the coconut story! I broke a cast iron too, once. Tried to hammer a tent peg with it :LOL

Lisa - YOU GO MAMA! That's awesome that you did the NYC - Ohio sister lactate-in. Where's Mendon OH? There's a concert there on July 23 that I'd love to see. Or Maybe I'll go to the Gathering Of The Vibes again. Always a good show (tho Hot Tuna isn't playing this year ). I love music. I love people. I love rock and roll shows! Beca has such a blast (tho explaining what those funny cigarette butts are isn't so easy...)!

Well I did go out and get fans (can't say I'm turnin gon the ac either. Just seems UNREASONABLE to do so in June!). So now at least the hot air is moving around a bit. Lisa - make sure you have extra water by the bed. Fans dry you out while you sleep!

Ha ha on the spelling! I remember in like 7th or 8th grade taking the DAT's (diagnostic aptitude test). They tested 8 or so areas of 'intelligence' like spatial and comprehension and spelling. And spelling is the only one I scored below the 95th in - and I scored in like the 10th percentile (so 90% of american kids taking the test that year (which is like 100,000 kids or something) scored higher than I did). Spell check saved my LIFE in college, that's for sure! But I do have a gargantuan dictionary, too.

Yeah Heidi, you gotta break up the posts and just send them in 3 or 4 parts hee hee!

I remember when Malama hit 500, so she's been a chatty soul! I too, since I only joined officially in like October or something...but I was a lurker before that for a month or so.

Annie - sucks about poor Kobe. He IS your sensitive soul. I'm relieved for you that there are some answers, if not miracle cures. And maybe better to put off the trip till he's ready to hit the skies and be an easy travel partner. Tough enough w/three to care for...eh?!

Pam - what did you get from PC from your hostess party?

Ok...I really want to go get my feet up and chill for a bit before the next call to order is made - which will be very soon, I'm afraid. Take care all! Andy

PS - Kathy how was day one single mom for you? Busy busy here...not easy. I hate bedtime on my own. Half the time I end up making beca put herself to bed. She really does irk me trying to get attention while the baby needs me to get him down. It's not easy. If he were a sounder sleeper I'd read to her w/him nursing, but he just stays awake and I end up nursing him for like 90 minutes... it's ugly. How'd it go for you?

Old 06-07-2005, 12:16 AM

warning, rant ahead that is un-interesting and has nothing to do with anything.

ugh mamas I have a headache. My friend "yelled" at me- or more was extremely annoyed. Ra'am had slept at her house, and I picked up him and her son to go to the movies. No one told me til we were there that he had to be back at my house early so his dad could pick him up. that wasn't necesarily gonna work for me so I left her a message for him to call my cell before he left town and to get the kid if necessary from htere. of ccourse we got home in time and my cell doesn't work at my house so he kept calling and getting a message. She called me and bitched me out because now she was gonna have to come get the kid. I was like, geee thanks, I just took your son to lunch and a movie. ugh..... anyhow, dad came and got the kid and all was OK, but I got mad at the boys first for not relaying important info sooner, and well, it turned out ok, but I was seriously annoyed .... and it gave me a headache.
thanks for listening.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 AM

Karen, That was cool of you to have taken them to the movie, anyway.

Why don't you fly over to mainland for AquaNatal training Karen?!!! Please please please? Marina's offering her AquaNatal plus Water care course for $145- I have no idea why so cheap- AquaNAtal certification is about $700 and Water birth /care course is like $300, so you can justify your trip by what you'll save in course fees! It runs JUNE 24-29 (not July, I posted the timing wrong on my first post). Go here to see about it, if you e-mail Marina she could suggest places to stay that are cheap and local.

I am so glad to know what up wiht KObe...doesn't it take some pressure off knowing it has a name, like someone somewhere went through it before and is fine, so he will be too. Esp now the fever broke. Wheew. Gives you an appreciation ofr all that goes right in life.

Oh, I asked Martin if he tried ot nurse her- he said "Only in the beginning" like whe nshe was new. He said it hurt too much. Oh, poor baby. He said "I'm too hairy, and she's too smart."

I am glad theres a nure in about the View stuff, I just learned aboiut it fro mthe link. Idiots! So glad there was reactionary nurse in....how did they cover it on the show, anyone know? Did they acknowledge it, if so what'd they say?

And Jess, I agree with your husbands spelling philosophy whole heartedly.

Heidi

Heidi
Old 06-07-2005, 12:55 AM

Ooh, yuck Karen!!! Its always unnerving when that kind of stuff happens. So, things are ok with the dad, how about with the mom? Ahh, well, take a deep breath and all will turn out well, hopefully.

Oh no about Ra'am!!! I hope he's ok!! Have you guys tried atarax vs. benadrly. Its just a stronger version. Benadryl doesn't really work for Kobe either.
So, how was Madagascar? Funny, eh? Mak keeps singing "i like to move it, move it"

Lisa, yah, I suppose I like toad the wet sprocket. I haven't listened to them in a while. I think they might have gone to the same university as dh, while he was there...or maybe that was "better than ezra"? I dunno, it was one of those bands. I pretty much like anything, except like, Micheal Bolton, or polka...yk

Heidi - that's silly about the coconut! And good for you for standing up to the Y.

So, I'm interested in seeing the news about the nurse in. I think I'm going to watch ABC today and tomorrow to see if they show anything about it.

Joyce, yah, I dunno about the dipes. I was mine on hot, with oxi clean (I think thats bad for them, but they seem ok) and then do a double rinse, then hang them on the line to dry. The sun works wonders for odors and disinfecting. Gets em nice and white too.

Andy - is dh gone again? That sucks!!! I'm so sorry mama. If I were closer I'd come over and hang with ya. Thanks for the reiki love. I think it musta worked, because we've had a real turn around today. What degree are you? I'm assuming at least a second if you are doing long distance? I have my second, but I'm not as into it as I used to be. I haven't been practicing much lately. Anyways, thanks again. It really cool to think that somebody so far away is thinking about my little guy!!!

Aaaghhh. There's a mosquito in here and its eating me alive!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 AM

Oh, Heidi, bummer that the nursing didn't work for Martin At least he tried it. My guy refuses...and its really sort of a waste, because A. he's hairless and has wonderfully soft woman skin. and B. he's sorta chubby with man-boobs. He's the perfect candidate!!! Not trying to make fun of him, we laugh about it all the time. I have a thing for men with a little meat on their bones. More to cuddle that way

And yeah, it is good to know what's wrong with K. Doesn't change anything, it just helps to know, for the same reasons you said.

And thanks everybody for caring about him. You are all so special and awesome. How cool is it that we have this list?? I was looking at the other monthly baby chat threads and they don't even compare to us :LOL I think we take the cake for chattiness.

User Tag List