Janulicious #1 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let's start w/this:

Well, far as I can tell, we need to do an intro thread again, and keep it accessible - Az lives in Mass., and it's her baby that's Miss E. who is smaller, like Ori. Jessi is in St. Louis, Jess is in Co. Mary and Laura had the preemies (to different degrees), Megan and Torin. T is now a bruiser and Megan is sweet and petite (like Miss E.) .

Lisa is in Cleveland (with Drew Carey and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and her house is always under construction - her little (or big) girl has reflux, and used to sleep through the night but doesn't any more... Lisa did the elim. diet to straighten this out... and hopeful that someday she'll get to sleep again. :LOL

Andy and Karen have kids who don't sleep a lot, but they nap (usually).

Nicole has Will (who along with Mary/Torin, Andy/Ori, half of Joyce's 2 (David), and Karen/Luka are all the boys in this little group) who had surgery and came through like a CHAMPION! She, Jessi, Jess, and Mary (and maybe I'm forgetting someone?) are all back at work outside the home at least part time now. Heidi lurks and works

Annie had our first full term babe, and our first flower . Heidi had our last, and our last flower !

Pam gets special mention because she's Canadian (no canadian smilie ) has chickens AND has a toddler and a baby !

Jessi is a runner, and runs with weird people who don't smoke but who do hash , stalks diapers and pumps like a maniac (no pumping smilie - now THAT's a tragedy!) .

Karen eats weird fruit, has a TRILLION fish and some chickens AND has two georgous older boys we're all dying to get matched up to our daughters (if for no other reason than to be family with Karen!) - she lives in Hawaii (was there someone on this thread that didn't know that?), as does Annie, who has a preschooler, a toddler AND a baby! :2tandem .

Ah, and then we have the crafty among us - Ann the knitter (and there are other knitters too - Az and Kathy, ???), Karen the sewer, Kathy the photographer, Jeni the sewer, Nicole the cross-stitcher! Andy makes platypus costumes as her specialty :LOL, and Jess keep Colorado magical w/chalk!

There's the mamas of twins (Joyce and Michelle), : and mamas who wish they had chickens (Joyce, Az, Andy, Kathy, Lisa, Jessi, Jess, Nicole, Heather and Mary (did I miss someone?). (no chicken smilie, either)

There's the West Coasters (Cat and Tiger and Mary - do we have an Oregon connection?), the midwesterners (or Prairie people as the Canadians say it) (Lisa, Jessi) the Southeners (Heather, Kathy, Heidi); the East Coasters (Jeni, Az, Andy, Laura) and the Islanders (Annie and Karen). And, living out of her igloo (don't all canadians live in igloos ), Pam!!!

The nurses (Mary, Annie, was-Joyce), the midwives (Heidi and Karen).

Those amongst us who have new cars (Kathy, Joyce and Mary) and new house stuff (Lisa floors, cabinets and more wha ha ha...SOOO much more!, Heidi (EVERYTHING had to be replaced! ), Az (fridge), Andy (got a new stove!), and someone else had to get something done...

Then there are the two girl families , there's a few of those (Kathy, Jess, Laura, Pam), and the first time moms (Jessi, Heidi, Jeni, Mary, Lisa, Catnip (tho the twins count as being a parent), Tiger ).

And there's the Canadians, the Cans abroad, the married to Cans, and I can't even remember who they all are (Pam, Jeni, Andy, Kathy).

We have parents of older kids (Karen (8 and 12), Andy and Az (both 7), and Catnip (TEENagers : )).

And our most precious, hardworking, dedicated, and harrassed amongst us, those with toddlers/preschoolers and babies (we do love you guys!!!) - Pam, Kathy, Heather (who lives in Arizona), Jess, Laura, Annie, Nicole, am I forgetting someone? Mushy brains...sorry!

PETS!!! How could I forget pets! There's the dog people (I'm definately going to forget people, so post and I'll edit in) - : Nicole, Andy, Lisa, Mary) and the cat people : (Karen, Jeni, Ann - there's more...I need help here) and the both people (Az, Jess and ???), but truly, Az takes the cake with a full menagerie and THEN some!

Heidi's History Page

Ok, NAKing and hungry!! caio and happy hunting!
Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#2 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Aaaaarg! I just spent like 30 min. hunting for the CD symbol on Green Mtn. Diaper site and it doesn't start until 9am. !

#3 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:17 AM

it doesn't start till 9am?
I already found one on dreamboat diapers.

Megan slept great last night 8 pm to 5 am! woo I loved it I decided to stay up instead of going back to sleep cuz I was anxious to start the diaper hunt :LOL how pathetic is that?
#4 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:24 AM

Mornin on the new thread! And, I'm a senior member now! Made it at about quarter to 12 last night. So it took me about 8 months, not bad.

We started out by waking up crying, but now she's cheerful and helping with the typing by sneezing on my keyboard. :LOL
#5 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:30 AM

so whats so great about becoming a senior member anyhow? do you get invited to some secret club or something :LOL
#6 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM

Andy, literally, the internet IS on the roof. At least the wireless box is. :LOL

So like an I started diaper hunting already, but it doesn't start until 9 mountain time? so that's what, noon here?

Heather, ooooh that's a messy floor with all those little bitty bits!

Mary lol on your middle of the night siiiiiiinging!

Yikes, y'all were chatty again last night. Geez...

Heheh Andy, looks like you were with me this morning hunting already.

Lauren took FOREVER to go to sleep last night, nursed and whined and paci'd and fussed and wiggled and nursed from 9:30-11, then up at 1:30, 3, and maybe 6? and then 8. It was funny, at 3 she nursed a ton but didn't potty, so I just kept sitting there. She literally was snoring on the potty and I had to laugh, which woke her up just enough to pee and go back to sleep.

Going to get my oatmeal and come back. No diaper hunting until we get home this afternoon for me...

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#7 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:40 AM

I think you get to chose a name for yourself and maybe something else. More than anything, I think it shows just how part of the MDC community you are. Congrats Paq

Andy - I forgot to confirm that I am a crafty mama. I cross stitch and have since I was in brownies. I get paid for it now, but only a teeny tiny. If anyone has anything they want me to do, I am more than happy to do it.

We have reached 2 milestones. 1) Will is sleeping through the night more times than not and 2) He did his first night in a CD : and still slept through! I am so excited.

Okay, gotta go get ready for work and make lunches and all that good stuff. I am in a all day training yuck yuck,. I hate that kind of stuff. At least i will be allowed to go in and out because of Will.
#8 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:42 AM

Jeni, congrats

Laura, I think it's a status symbol for people with internet insecurities. :LOL
BUT you do get to pick a new name and title I think, which would be nice. I'd like a new name.

#9 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:42 AM

can one of you help me out w/the instructions on this sling?
http://sewing.2ya.com/ it's the ABC sling

on the straps where it gives the length I think? it says 2-3" , ok so is that for the width? and then the other side says 2-3 yds , so thats for the length? alright now that I'm typing it out I think I understand it now. Is that correct? maybe I shouldn't try it so early in the morning when my brain ain't functioning
#10 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:43 AM

ah ok I see
I think it will take me forever to make it that far
#11 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:50 AM

:LOL Hey Laura, we could make a thread where you and I just say hi back and forth all day, we could get in 100 posts a day that way! :LOL

#12 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:52 AM

Oh, and the basic info for everyone thing, cause I like playing with the code. Hope I didn't screw anything up:

January Babylicious May Thread part II
January Babylicious May Thread part I
January Babylicious April Thread PART II
January Babylicious April Thread
January Babylicious March Thread
~Jan '05 ~Babylicious babes~ Feb thread
Pregnancy Archives: January 2005 Due Date Club

Sweetpeasmom (Laura) - Megan 10/11/04

Bunches (Mary) Torin 12/26/04

3_Opihi (Ann) - Violet 12/29/04

Killick (Nicole) - Will 1/1/05

Lisa2976 (Lisa) - Lauren 1/18/05

Mamabeca (Andy) - Ori
1/20/05

Pam_and_Abigail ( Pam) - Geneva 1/21/05

Catnip (Michelle)- Kaia 1/24/05

Malama (Karen)- Luka 1/25/05

Tigerpurring (Joyce) - Carmen and David 1/23/05

Paquerette (Jeni) - Beatrice 1/28/05

Proudmom (Heather) - Aine 2/3/05

Azreial (Sheri)- Elizabeth 2/6/05

Jessitron (Jessica) - Evelyn 2/7/05

Human_Being (Heidi) - Iris 2/14/05

Slygrrl (Kathy) - Brynn Birth of a girl named Brynn

Rubysmomjess (Jess)- Isabelle
#13 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Laura - 2" long straps that are 2 yards wide would be WEIRD!!! I think you've got it right. I think that's for the top ones, right, that wrap around and back again? If you're smallish go w/the 2yrd. If biggish (I don't think of you as biggish, though), go with the longer strap.

I bought brown fleece for the Platypus costume...then - after I'd paid for it - I thought of FELT! ! Then I could staple it or glue it and not have to sew the whole darned thing! Oh well...

#14 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:53 AM

sounds good to me Lisa, hmm only if my kids would let me
speaking of which I hear my Kaitlyn think she is awakening
#15 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 09:59 AM

Thanks Andy, that kinda makes sense to me now. I think just looking at it I was confused but as soon as I typed it, it started to make sense to me.
#16 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:02 AM

: : :

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...hristening.jpg

and the smilies Mr C picked out:
: : : : : : : : : : : :hospw: : : : :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#17 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Jeni - CONGRATS to our new Senior Member! How does it feel? Like a birthday? That glowing after good sex feel? Hmmm... I'll just have to wait and see. You didn't like my embedded link? I thought I was getting good at those. I LOVE being a guru about these things...dh came in this morning while I was getting that up there and he's like Hey, what's that?! My goofey dh - he's been working on computers forEVER and just never tried it. So I got to be the guru! HA! I didn't tell him I learned it this week... oh, my birth story link didn't come through either...sad.

Oh well, time to get cleaning and laundering. Caio!

#18 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:04 AM

Lisa, maybe edit your post w/ your e-mail address so a spambot doesn't pick it up?
#19 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Christopher!!!

: :

I wonder how big that'll be... can you tell I'm procrastinating? :LOL

#20 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Paq, weird I see you have the 1,000+ posts but yet it still says you're a member

Yeah I'm not really sure on how the dharma co-op is being run. I don't think the mama has a clear cut plan either. I'm going to take another look, hopefully sometimes today

Andy I think fleece is better than felt, felt is pretty stiff I think the fleece will make a better costume. Did you ever get the sewing machine going?

Ann (do you like Ann or Annie better) I hope Kobe is feeling better today, and hopefully the fever isn't from something other than the allergies, poor little guy doesn't need anything else going wrong for him

I can never remember stuff from the old thread : I've got such a terrible memory, plus I'm sleep deprived

Well I think we're going to have a busy day here. ds has dr's apmt 1 hour away but hopefully this will be the last time we're going to this dr. WE're trying to find one closer. Plus I thnk my mum is coming up to visit, but you can never count on her doing what she says.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#21 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 AM

Morning Mamas

Andy, girl you just crack me up! Wow, you've got your finger on the pulse of our community! lol! Wow, I am *honored* to be called the "photographer"! Yeah, I'm a bit of a photo nut.... a coffee nut and a photo nut.... surprised I don't have more blurry pics! Oh, we're also dog folks. I don't mention her much, but we have a 4 year old lab cross, named Lucy ~ part time scamp, part time snoozer.

Oh, and Brynn was born on the 18th of Jan. Miss Lauren is her bday buddy

I wanted to share this amazing website with you folks ~ further show myself as a photo hound

World Photo Day

This is so going to be a time suck for me today! Anyone from around the World can take part, and the idea is to share snapshots of everyday life around the World. Some of the images are breathtaking, and I just love the concept of being able to see snapshots of life in different parts of the Globe. Did I mention I dreamed of being an Anthropologist when I was in University?

I took part and uploaded a pic from yesterday (cheating a bit, as it's supposed to be a pic taken between midnight last night and midnight tonight, but D took the camera with him... hey, at least I *uploaded* it after midnight! lol!)

This is the photo that I shared...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/3014d8b4.jpg

(if you can't access more than the first dozen photos, click on "latest uploads" in the top menu)

Brynn is sleeping so great (jinx protection spell! jinx protection spell!), and I had to *gasp* in surprise last night. I had nursed her a while on my lap, but she was still semi-awake when I laid her down in the pack & play for a moment to put Tessa, who had fallen asleep in the living room, into bed. So that takes about a minute. I go back to the small bedroom, and lo & behold Brynn is asleep!! Wow. Now I'm not silly enough to think this will be a frequent occurence, but to a Mama whose first baby slept ONLY on her lap for the first 8 months of life, this is momentous! Brynn, my jolly little snoozer

Said jolly snoozer is not, however, so inclined to sit in her bouncy chair being "entertained" by her big sister any longer.... check back in a bit!
#22 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 AM

Andy Christopher says

and the diaper hunt starts at 11 I just checked my e-mail

thats: 11am EST, 10am CST, 9am MST, 8am PST

#23 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:17 AM

Oh, a quick : to Christopher! : What a big boy! Sigh.... do they really get that big, Az?
#24 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:23 AM

Embedded link? The one that says Heidi's info? It tells me I can't access it when I click... I thought it was something about Heidi... it's something BY Heidi, then?

Aw, the birthday boy looks happy. Hope he has a good day.

Senior Member feels pretty exciting. I dunno why it didn't roll over in my profile there. Guess it'll have to wait until I settle on my title.

I think you could still staple fleece. I don't think hot glue would work well though, just pull the fuzzy off. You don't need to finish the edges on it, cause it won't unravel.

Woo, morning nap. Maybe she'll just get back into routine in time for another weekend to mess her up. We're going to a LLL fundraiser walk and picnic Sat., I think.

Crappity crap. Now that i look at that, when I copied that stuff out of the old thread, it shortened the links and I don't think they'll work now. : I should have known better than to try this first thing in the morning.
#25 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slygrrl
Oh, a quick : to Christopher! : What a big boy! Sigh.... do they really get that big, Az?
nope that just a trick of th light they stay little and cute forever

#26 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

Happy Birthday Christopher
Kathy- thats a beautiful shot

I never got an email from the diaper hunt? I signed up last week. hmm?
I already found one though, wonder if that counts? maybe a few sites put it up already?
#27 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

Well I tried to reply once and dd1 rebooted tje computer. grrr.
we had a great day yesterday, but I can see today is starting on the wrong foot.

I wanted to add that I am crafty (sewing, baking, sculpting, painting) when I have the time :-( and that I am a cat owner...

congrats paq on sr member! I still never got my title... I wanted it to be something to include Geneva, since I don't have her in my username
#28 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mine's still tiny and small too - but in the light of a rainbow she's over 4 feet tall and can swing w/her eyes closed on the monkey bars two at a time. Backwards!

Kathy - going to go fix you in the doggie section. I have a BA in Anthro from Berkeley :LOL Lotsa jobs w/that degree!

Paq - WHY isn't it working? It works for me?! :

Kathy - is that shot kinda blury or it your coffee affecting me???

11am... that feels like a loooong way away (and the O-man will be awake, and we have to go at 1pm, bummer. My morning hunt is SO over.

#29 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Pam - go as in the question section. They're good about getting back to you on stuff like that. You DESERVE a new title, and so does G.!

#30 of 490 Old 06-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Yup, taken from our dig video cam. DH is in Colorado (waaaaah!) and took the still cam.

Plus, I softened the edges ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page