Mothering Forum banner

Feb. Mama's in the Sun - its JUNE

7K views 308 replies 23 participants last post by  ekblad9 
#1 ·
Here are our February (more or less!) babies...

Lousli - Hazel Eliana born Dec 21
weesej (Jen) - Emmanuel Colin born Jan 13
mama2m&m (Denise) Mia Paige born Jan 13
3 Little Birds baby boy born Jan 22
Twin Mom (Deb) VBA2C homebirth Joe born Jan 23
Shannon0218 - Molly Joan born Jan 24
TexasSuz (Susan) - Leah Sheryl born Jan 24
Letabug (Arleta) Kane Aubry born Jan 25
Lasofia Ilario Joshua born January 27
ElizaBird (Eliza)- Orian James and Jonah Green born Jan 27
Tug (Terenia) - <b>Mia Rose born Jan 29
Kater07 Lorelei Michelle Born Jan 30
Emilym (Emily) Isobel Born Feb 1
FreeThinker Laina Beth born Feb 1
Dandylion (Stephanie) Irina Zoey born Feb 1
Coopsmama (Kristen)- William Sidney born Feb 2
Parker'sMommy (Heather) - Carlee Ryan Born Feb 3
HelloKitty (Kitty) Maxwell Dennis born Feb 4
Best Feeling (Chanlene) - Megan born Feb 4
Lisashepp (Lisa) Evan born Feb 5 (?)
Parthenia - Ingrid Solveig was born feb 5.
Happymamajenni (Jenni) Parker Donovan Black born Feb 5
carrie24 (Carrie)- Edward IV born Feb 7
kimbalicious- Lucinda Pearl born Feb 8
lisabc311- Gavin Joseph born Feb 9
Periwinkle- William born Feb 9
fairymama (Pamela) William Kendrick born Feb. 9
Sadkitty- Nigel Wren born Feb 10
LianneM- Allen Cramer IV born Feb 10
Wtchyhlr (Joy) Dominic Alec Whitcomb Valdez born Feb 11
alaskanteach (Gretchen) Oscar Tomas born Feb 11
Zandersmom- Zander born Feb 11
Marcela Ezra Omani born Feb 11
mehndimama (Stell)- unassisted homebirth Robert Kenneth Evans Michelsen born Feb 12
Emmama-Liam Joseph born Feb 12
PeacefulVegan- Ben River born Feb 13
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) Rachel born Feb 14
Um Hanna (Heather)- Yasmeen born Feb 14
HydeParkB Flannery Grace born Feb 14
earthmama007 Hannah Ruth born Feb 16
kavamamakava Amelie Vasanti Feb 17
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) Lilah Geneve born Feb 17
shyly (Monica) Scott Francis born Feb 17
KateSt. UC - ChristoFinn born Feb 17
PBandJ (Liane) - Micah born Feb 17
rose angel (Karen) Levi Fox born Feb 18
Mama2Chloe (Tricia)- Sofia Rose born Feb 18
Threeforme2005 (Traci) Autumn Eve born Feb 18
Ekblad7+ (Amy) Samuel Joseph born Feb 20
artgirl (Kelly) Beckett born Feb 20
Christi Viola Rose born Feb 23
Mainemon (Susan) Andrew David born February 23
AmBam (Amber) Maiah Elena born Mar 1
Bella'smamma (Cecily) Ava Juliet born Mar 1
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) Brennan Duane-Douglas born March 4
woolfairy (Elle) Baby Boy born March 5
Heveasoul Marcus born March 8

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay Ladies, we were getting lost...

Shannon - how's Molly?
Christine - How's BF going?
Lesley - are you out of school yet
Traci - Did you get Tim to put that hard drive in yet?
Tug - how's pumping going these days, are you working a bit less yet?

Everyone else, please pop a post up letting us know how you are. I miss everyone

#3 ·
Thanks Joy for starting the new thread! We are doing really well around my house. Chloe has been fully potty trained (with occational accidents) for about 3 weeks or so. Still doing part time EC with Sofia which definitly helps my mountain of CD laundry.

I go today for my pre-op appointment for my umbilical hernia repair that will be 16 June (the day after my birthday) I've been trying to get my house a bit more organized. I figure that will help in the early days after the surgery and also my brother is coming with his family for 10 days the beginning of July.

Sofia has 2 teeth that are trying to come in. I can see a white spot of one and just feel the other. It amazes me how different babies can be. Chloe didn't get her first teeth until 9 months.

We went to a LLL area conference this past weekend and had a great time. As usual, it was inspiring and informative. More of a parenting conference than a breastfeeding one. I'll post some new pics in Sofia's page so you all can see how much she's growing. Take care!

Love, Tricia

#4 ·
Tricia - Dominic's trying to get teeth too. I can see them in his lower gum, and I *think* i feel one of the pointer ones on the side, but isn't it too soon for that? I will see if i can find an experienced mama to feel his gums soon (Traci, this means you Saturday.. :LOL) and confirm for me....

#5 ·
Hi Everyone! Haven't posted forever! I do try to keep up tho. Miah is growing like a weed! Time goes by soooo fast! I can't believe some of your babies are teething already!! Miah was exactly 3 months yesterday! She is doing wonderful and we really enjoy her. She is such a good baby!
And cute too I might add!
I am downloading some pictures of my kids from Memorial Weekend. I will post them later. I think we need a picture thread so we can adore everyone's little darling's!! I hope all are well and you are all enjoying mommyhood. I am love having 3 kids. They are so much fun. My 2 year old is in the process of potty training which I am sooooo grateful for! It is soooo time! Gotta run! My house needs some attention! Take care everyone!

#6 ·
Hello everyone! I got really overwhelmed with the other thread LOL! I still need to go back and update myself!

I can't believe it's JUNE! Wowzer! Mia's doing great. She had her 4-month visit on 4/ something and she was 13 pounds 5-1/2 ounces and 25-1/4" long. She's long and lean with chubster thighs LOL! She's great, rolling and grabbing stuff now. She delights in people and loves to "talk" with anyone! She tends to get fussy when My other dd gets too close cause she's kind of rough.

I had pointed out some of these "birthmarks" Mia has to the pediatrician and she told me to keep watch because if she gets more, mia is prone to getting some neurological disorder called neurofibromatosis. That was pretty freaky and still is to be quite honest. I usually forget to think/worry about it excpet when I'm changing her clothes. For now we're just keeping an eye on her. She's a delight for sure. I really hope she stays healthy. No teeth yet as i can tell but she's a little drooley and loves to chew on stuff. we give her cold wet baby washclothes and she loves those.

My ds graduated from Kindergarten last Friday and that was a lot of fun. He started a new daycare Tuesday that I'm kind of iffy about but hopefully it'll be short term. Anyon else using an Avent Isis? I'm having a lot of trouble with this new design and it's driving me mad. I ordered two fuzzi bunz and some covers, wipes and inserts yesterday. I can't wait to get them!

Well I need to go back and reread the last thread to catch up on everyone else

wtchyhlr, Ambam - wow teeth!! Yikes
Good luck with the potty training!

yeah Chloe!!! That's wonderful. Good luck at your visit fo the surgery. i hope all goes well and you have a quick recuperation. i love the conferences. the world confernce is near me this year and i have yet to sign up. i'm going to go one day and that's it but all the good days are on the 4th and i really don't want to be in that city on july 4 :LOL

#7 ·
well, it looks like the mia girls are starting everything off here, so i'll add my little mia's update. she's about 13 lbs now and finally getting out of some of her 0-3 mos. clothes. she started daycare yesterday and so far so good (dh and i stayed there most of yesterday). has her 4 month appt. today.

i am now offically part time and beginning to feel like i am a bit more. despite emergencies (2) this week, i have left close to 1:00 each day. yay me!!

joy, thanks for the new thread! teeth! unbelievable. how can the time be going so quickly! i loved the tshirts, by the way, and have to agree with everybody that dominic has the most gorgeous HUGE eyes!

tricia - yikes about the surgery. hope you heal as quickly as traci did! glad the conference was fun. sounds like lots of "kindred spirits" as anne of green gables would say!

denise - that's scary about the nf. still, it's probably just something to watch for with the birthmarks. mia has what's called a "storks bite" birthmark on the back of her neck (get the joke?). i think it's supposed to go away eventually but it turns bright crimson when she's upset. hope all is ok.

amber - looking forward to the miah pictures! how lucky you are that your 2 year old is training! ds is still totally rejecting the potty since mia's birth.

#8 ·
Hi everyone. We're still here, but not posting much.
Nigel went from colic to teething about 3 weeks ago and is slightly more happy. As of last tuesday he was 15#11oz. and 25.5" long. He's humongous
!

Hope everyone is well.

#9 ·
Howdy all

Thanks for the new thread Joy!

Well my motherboard is actually fried, so DH is building me a new computer this week. Lovely I say!

Autumn belly laughed last night! OMG it was the best sound in the world and I about cried. I got her to do it about 12 times. My baby is growing up so quickly! She also rolls over about 1 out of every 3 times I put her on the floor. I'm just amazed at how fast the weeks go by. She's my last baby so I'm trying to make the time just last and last.

Well I tie-dyed 9 items of clothing about 2 hours ago and I can't WAIT to see how they turn out! I've been wanting to learn a craft now that I'm a SAHM and this was REALLY fun to do! I'm going to get obsessed with my new hobby...watch out! :LOL

Gotta run. Post more later
to all!

#10 ·
Hi all, Molly is hanging in, she will be getting the barium enema/air contrast one day next week though, they are setting it up so a surgeon is available if she does have an inteceception (unlikley, but because she needs to be sedated for the test, and it's emergent if she has one, they want to be ready if the test is positive.) We're still having lots of tears but her vomitting is better (not less, just not curdled milk that she chokes on) She was 13 lbs 7 oz this morning which means she's gained 7 oz since Monday!!
My father is in the ICU right now, in complete renal failure and septic shock. He had surgery to bypass an artery in his leg about 5 mos ago, his foot hasn't been right since, the surgeon kept saying he was fine, they saw the surgeon yesterday and he sent him home even though my dad hadn't eaten in 11 days and was refusing to even drink, he was so dehydrated he didn't know his name or who my mother was. Today while they were at the family doctor they thought he had a stroke. He stopped breathing for about 10 min. At the emergency room they thought he'd torn his aorta (that's how bad he looked) and the doctor asked my mom if she wanted a DNR-she freaked saying he was a perfectly healthy 59 yr old man with a bad foot only a month ago!
Anyway, he's been transferred to a hospital in Toronto and is on dialysis right now so I've been at the hospital all day and am heading back there shortly. With all of this, I'm forgetting about my own health problems anyway

#11 ·
Shannon, sounds like you need lots of hugs right about now.
Thinking about your father, hoping that he gets better really soon.
I don't really understand the mediacl terminology in your post, but it sounds complex and not something that you would aspire to, so I am also sending get well vibes to Molly too. Great job on the weight gain, even if she has been throwing up.
Maybe she could talk to Lilah for me?
We have another weight check with her Ped tomorrow, and are hoping to get a digital scale from our insurance co. too. They are pretty $$$ to buy, so I am trying to avoid that if all possible.

Lilah rolled over the other day, she props herself up on her elbows and just rolls around. Ella loves it, she always asks if I can put her on the floor so Lilah can roll. Then we clap and cheer and do High 5's!!

Tricia, good luck with your surgery. At least you get your birthday to go crazy ! Ha Ha! I am 33 on June 18th, so will be celebrating along with you!
Great job to Chloe on the potty too. It is such an achievement isn't it!

Thanks for atrting the thread Joy. The other one was crazy, and I am not getting any e mail notifications fron AOL, so it is a pain.

Ok, BFN xxx Jaz

#12 ·
wow - yeah, I lost myself in the last thread, too!

quick update...I really shouldn't be on here - I should be in bed! Moving day (for the summer) tomorrow. It's been a busy week to say the least!

I've looked up the LLL where we're moving - hope it's a good group!

Thanks for asking, Joy. well, he's a complex little man...during the night, shield only,but during the day (and early mornings), he gets frustrated with the shield when starting his feed, so actually prefers the breast until about 10 minutes in, when he gets miffed that he's there, so back on goes the beloved shield...but the fact that he needs to be on the breast to get things going is, I think, progress...!

Go, Chloe!!

Sorry to hear about your dad, Shannon. Keep us posted.

Denise - I will have to look that up. Poor little Mia.

wow - teeth! Marcus seems to drool a lot - could he be trying to catch up with your babies?

gotta go - dang - I think he's waking up - I thought I had more time to mess around on the computer...!

#13 ·
Don't have much time...
Joy, thanks for starting the thread and asking, I have work until June 30th

Heve good luck with the move
Shannon-hope your dad is okay, keep us up to date.
Hazel is still small, just under 13 ounds at 5.5 months old. But she looks chubby because she's short as well.

Crying baby, whiny 3 year old...gotta go!

#15 ·
Wow, Im getting on the first page!!! Maybe I will keep up this month.....ahhh a lofty goal!!!

I can't believe Carlee will be 4 months old tomorrow!!!! We have an appt on next wed, and I can't wait to see how much she weighs.,....she is chunkin out big time!!!

Mama2Chloe---- I was at the LLL conference this past weekend in Costa Mesa too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if we met? It wasn't a huge conference. Man, I knew I should have said something on here about it...I knew a couple of the wahms that were there doing exhibit booths are mdc mamas....but Im sure there were more there as attendees.

I went to the conference, just dd and me and we had a blast!! We met up with a lot of my old OC friends from my former LLL group and they hadn't met Carlee yet so that was fun. In fact, my former leader, who is a mom of seven!, held and slung Carlee anytime dd wasn't nursing. Carlee loved her. I of course, spent way too much money on diapers, slings, bfing advocacy shirts, and Haba toys!!! But it was a great day to be with so many like minded moms and dads!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great.....we are!

#16 ·
Hi. I've been pretty busy this week. A "friend" invited herself over Wed and Thurs and she just left. She had to get some fillings done and needed someone to take care of her...so she asked me for a ride to the dentist and somehow ended up staying for two nights. The good thing is that she slept pretty much all day yesterday. Still I was annoyed that she invited herself over for me to take care of.

It's been nasty and rainy since I came back from VA. It's depressing weather and I've been bumming around. I've been selling stuff on ebay in an attempt to get money to buy a carseat. We can afford it, but it would be nice if I could contribute a little $$ to the pot. I've also been tie-dying some newborn dipes and kimono shirts to sell on ebay, but I've noticed that a lot of other ladies have decided to do this as well.
I hate not having a job and my own money.

Scott seems to be reacting to his fuzzi bunz. He keeps getting little irritations where it rubs on his thighs. If I loosen them to the next snap though they're too loose and they leak all over the place. He's in the middle of his three month growth spurt and I haven't been sleeping well. I think he's got growing pains because he's started flailing and thrashing when we're in bed. He never used to do this and only stops if I nurse him. The minute he falls off the breast he starts flailing again...I haven't slept much and I'm tired and grumpy.

I got an appointment with the ENT doctor for Scott. We'll be going to the appt at the end of the month. All the research I've been doing on the condition says that he'll have to have surgery. Now it's just a matter of when. My biggest concern is that since it's in his throat area, is there a chance that our breastfeeding relationship will be impacted? I'm really trying not to stress out too much over this, but it's starting to get to me. No one knows what he has and no one's heard of it...I wish I could just talk to someone who's baby had this problem.

#17 ·
Cool Heather! I'm sure we went to a few sessions together and didn't even know it.

I went to my pre-op yesterday. The Dr and th nurse said I need to pump and dump at least 18-24 hours post-surgery. Wow! I wasn't really expecting that. How am I going to deny Chloe for that long?
And bottle feeding at night....I didn't sign up for that.
It really is looking a lot more inconvinient than originally thought. I have to be at the hospital at 6am and my surgery is at 730. I have to find someone to watch the girls so DH isn't juggling them by himself at the hospital. I've never left Sofia with anyone other than DH and we have no family anywhere around here.

I better go. I've got sewing tht needs my attention. Take care! Tricia

#19 ·
Oh Monica, the flailing sucks doesnt it... Dominic was doing that all night last night.. I'm semi-comatose at my desk today.

Tricia - check www.kellymom.com, when Traci doublechecked what they told her about pump-n-dump after her surgery, she discovered she could nurse as soon as she was awake.... good luck finding someone to help with the girls...

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2Chloe
I went to my pre-op yesterday. The Dr and th nurse said I need to pump and dump at least 18-24 hours post-surgery. Wow! I wasn't really expecting that. How am I going to deny Chloe for that long?
And bottle feeding at night....I didn't sign up for that.
It really is looking a lot more inconvinient than originally thought. I have to be at the hospital at 6am and my surgery is at 730. I have to find someone to watch the girls so DH isn't juggling them by himself at the hospital. I've never left Sofia with anyone other than DH and we have no family anywhere around here.
Tricia, I could have written your post before my surgery (in fact I did!)

You DON'T have to pump and dump!!! I fed Autumn as soon as I got home and she was absolutely fine. Read www.kellymom.org ! The site says it's perfectly fine to BF after surgery! Seriously don't stress about it at all. The doctor has to say that to cover his arse for law-suits. They are taught in medical school to tell that to all BFing moms for surgery.

I had to leave my 2 babies with my friend for 6 hours and I was so stressed about it, but it really turned out fine. I had never left Autumn with anyone either but she did great
If you want to talk more....just PM me

#21 ·
Hi all!
Tricia~ Good luck with your surgery!

Monica ~ I must have missed it... what exactly is it that Scott needs surgery on? Good luck to you. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Shannon ~ I hope someone can figure out something for poor Molly. Good luck to you also!

Well, here is the link to some photos of my kiddo's. I've been taking a bunch more. I just need to get them on. But here are these for now. Please share some of your's if you can!
Take care.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v331/AmBam/

Password is mycrew if it asks.

#22 ·
Amber, Scott has a thyroglossal duct cyst (say that three times fast) and it's going to have to be removed along with all the branches in his body. I'm just getting stressed

I bought some awesome material today and I'm going to make a summer weight pouch sling. If it turns out okay, I'm going to delve into the world of ring slings. I need another one...DH won't wear the summer weight one and the punk rock one is just too bulky for the small rings. I'm hoping to take it apart, cut it down a little, and put metal rings in it instead of the plastic ones.

#24 ·
nak...hello everyone, add me to the list!
Ingrid Solveig was born feb 5. I went on a babymoon early from the boards, and I'm now catching up. Ingrid is now about 13 1/2 lbs, 22 in. My older dd was 22 in at birth!
Anyway Ingrid just started rolling over on her belly. She loves to talk and sing, and ride in a sling. She starts day care at my work on Tuesday. MIL takes her on Mondays and brings her to my work to I can nurse on my lunch break. I start full time next week, but Ingrid will be just a few buildings away. Less pumping and lots of visits from mama!

Hope you all are well!

#25 ·
Hi all,

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. It's beautiful here, we are setting up the pool , dh bought it for our small back yard, and it is so big.
That man, such an impluse buyer. Ella can't wait for it to fill up and warm up too!

Monica, good luck on Scott's surgery.
Tricia, good luck for yours too. I gets a little more stressful thinking about 2, instead of 1 eh?
Thinking of you both.

So mama's need some advice from you all.
I have been researching cloth ( yippee) and have probably irritated everyone on the diapering board with my stupid questions, but I am so overwhelmed by all the choices. guess I don't want to make a wrong choice, as we don't have $$$ to throw away. Like anyone does right now, right?

So I am going with
1 Bummi SWW
1 Small Fuzzi Bunz
1 dz newborn CPF
3 Pro Raps
a Stacinator
a couple of Kissaluvs

Will that be enough to get me started?
What do I need to go along w/ the Kissaluvs ie. some Joey Bunz Doublers? maybe for night?
Lilah is 10lb 8 oz, skinny minny!!
Thanks for any advice. I am so excited to get myself started. Have ordered a couple of things, but want to be sure that I am not making a huge diapering boo boo.

xxJasmine

#26 ·
Hey ladies, I need some diapering advice, and I don't want to go to the diapering forum because everyone is a hyena and they all suggest diapers I can't afford.

Hazel is outgrowing her small FB's and kissaluvs, so it's time for a change. I'm pretty happy, TBH with the fit and functionality of FB, so
I'm probably going to just size up to mediums. However, I need some fitteds, and I'm open to trying new things (AIO's, for example.)
Can you give me some trim, quick drying, inexpensive, easy to use recommendations?

Shannon, how is your dad? How's Molly?
Monica, and more news on Scott's condition?
Tricia, I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly.
Heve, How's the whole moving thing?
Parthenia, welcome back!

Thinking of you all. We had a MDC meeting in Golden Gate Park yesterday, and I wished I could have met you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.