Janulicious June Thread #2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2005, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning!I can see the ads, just a sad blank balate where the smilies should be.

Well, it's a busy day today - softball at 9am, birthday party for a boy in her class at 12, brownie campout starts at 5. Sometime in there dh wants to go get a bigger pool at GAK Wal-wart, and we need to shop for food for the gang for dinner and breakfast and roasting marshmallows. I bought a ton of fruit yesterday. It's so hot I think they'll eat it. Strawberries, red raspberries, watermellon, cherries, grapes... yum! I made a nice fruit salad too. I love fruit salad, nice and plain but also diverse...

Paq - I second the get that survey in. Took me ofrever to get mine in after Beca, but once I did I felt kind of better. Like I'd at least put back to them the ugliness that they'd dished out. And even tho I was 'manhandled' in a way that felt unfair and unreasonable (but nowhere NEAR as much or as badly as Heidi!), I was grateful, because the baby was healthy and I survived. For that much I was grateful. That it could have been worse.

Yk, I think putting babies who don't require it into those little bater things should be illegal separation of something or whatever. I think it's criminal! Even if mom is doped up or whatever, isn't there usually a dad/grandma/aunt etc. who is there to hold their new family member!!! More craziness.

Still kinda fussy today (surprise!), so no long types here. Lisa - I will try to find at least one today!

Cheers mamas! andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2005, 09:18 AM

Ugh we're dog sitting for my mum's friend's dog, that my mum is dog sitting because said friend is in jail. Louie just does not want to get along, he's shawdowing poor chi-dog and nipping at her Chi-dog mostly ignores him, she's old, had a couple of litters and used to live with a crazy dog so I don't think it bothers her much. I don't know why Louie doesn't ike her either, he's gotten along with everyother dog he's been around oh well I'm hopping he'll stop the crap soon, it's already lessened and she hasn't even been her 24hrs

I hadn't been pumping for awhile and I'm picking it back up again. Remember my watery milk? Well now it looks kinda like whole milk, and I'm pumping 1st thing in the am like I was before. I wonder if its because she's older or because she nurses quite a bit less, or both :

I'm really scatterbrained and I never respond to every post. I know sometimes I'll ignore someone a few posts in a row, and I usually don't get comments in on the pics (which I ) I just hope non-one feels like I'm snubbing them. Sometimes I don't have anything to add to what alredy been said, or alot of times I just respond to the posts that stuck out most first and get to the others if I have time/ can remeber what was written for more than 2 minutes :

Speaking of pictures, I noticed how wet Megan's shirt was in the pic you posted Laura, more teeth coming in?

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 AM

Oh Andy the week of July 25th looks good for us, that was one of your good weeks right?

Yeah I think its mean how they take the baby right away. I didn't have thayt happen with either of my births (yea for midwives ). I think most women don't know that the babes don't (usually) have to be seperated and she can tell the ob/nurse/midwife/etc not to put the baby there. They they have the RIGHT to dictate the care of their babies.

Baby up, thats a uick way to stop the start of my rant

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-11-2005, 10:17 AM

good morning mamas! i miss chatting with you!!!!! I haven't even been lurking so I didn't try to catch up on all I've missed. I've logged in to type in my minutes here and there for the 1000 minute challenge but that's it.

I've been very busy here lately. i have to work today but after Torin's first swim lesson!!!!!!! yay! i'll try to get some pics.
on the work topic - i've found that I am enjoying my 2 days. I am shocked because I was really hating it when I worked there last summer. There have been some new staff and some changes and its a much more positive environment. Leaving Torin is the worst part but dh does such a great job. He is absolutely self-sufficient when it comes to caring for T. He has his own little routine. T still won't go to bed until I come home at night tho around 11:30- 12:00am. I'm up pumping now.
Having a friend visit next week. Can't wait as she is WONDERFUL! Its good to have an old friend around when living in a place where you've only know people for a few years or less. Ciao! Back to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I hope!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:24 AM

Sherri, he didn't ignore her screams - he didn't buckle her in and then ignored her as she played, she wiggled right out and then screamed. Still, he's on my poopoo list for a bit. I don't know how he can't keep an eye on her when he's 3' away from her!!

Karen, I think I'm going to ebay it, no interest on TP. They do well on ebay.

Mary! Good to see you

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mary - glad work is looking up! That must make the time away a little less stressful, whew! Az - I never seem to get to everyone's posts, either. Oh well - it's not for lack of love!!! Funny abouthte doggies. They're an awful lot like people. sometimes someone just gets rubbed the wrong way, kwim?

Good luck on ebay Lisa! I still didn't get it set up, just too chicken after that paypal scare. BTW - jerry got the SAME email like a week later...and he doesn't even HAVE a paypal acct! Geesh.

Ok, I've got time to maybe find one diaper...caio!

Old 06-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Hey Andy and the Canadian mamas - what diaper companies and wahms are Canadian products? Also are any of you near Toronto? And are there cloth stores up there? We don't have any stores here.. asking for a babycenter mama who I'm *trying* to convert to mdc.

-Lisa

Old 06-11-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron

Heather, Wonderoos still fit Evelyn so you might be fine. Her thighs are 11".
I just checked and at the most delicious chubby point, she is 11.5"

They should work :
Old 06-11-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Sherri, he didn't ignore her screams - he didn't buckle her in and then ignored her as she played, she wiggled right out and then screamed. Still, he's on my poopoo list for a bit. I don't know how he can't keep an eye on her when he's 3' away from her!!
Oh good, I feel better now, I thought he was that into the tv

Old 06-11-2005, 12:41 PM

Hmmm, birth. Such an intense topic. I totally agree that birht has been taken away from women and presented as a disease to be managed and treated by the medical establishment. I am very glad I had Aine at home with an amazing midwife!! Eamon was born in a hospital with an OB. They never took him from me. The hospital was very good and pretty progressive about birth and bf. The OB was typical. I had a birthplan and she agree to everything - just reminded me to be flexible if circumstances warranted it. I ended up with an epidural, but I think it saved me from a section. I was at 9 for a few hours and went back to 7ish. I got the standard - he is too big. Hmmm...Aine was over a pound bigger and born at home :P

There is a birth network here that started last year. It is a great group of people - doulas, midwives, hypnobirthing spec, moms, women, etc. They are passionate that women are empowered in their birth choices. The belief is to educate women about their choices and give support to those choices. It is interesting to be a part of it. We hold a birth circle once a month with changing topics.

Bfing...the newscaster really got me riled up. I think stating that men can't switch from sexual object to nourishment is a huge lame-o comment. Just grow up!! I did like the female newscaster's comment I am part of LLL and working on becoming a leader eventually. I think the organization is so important for women. Too often they do not receive any support and are faced with many obstacles/sabateours(sp??). I hear horrible things all the time. I try to be a supportive person with everyone I meet. encouraging bf'ing even if the mom can only do it for a sort time - some is better than none...

hmmmm...what else to rant on....

Lisa - I am sorry about Lauren. Here comes the bag over head...Aine was laying on the toddler bed yesterday - not 3 ft from me. I was helping Eamon and watching her. I knew I should not have set her there, but alas. I was just bending over to pick her up when she rolled off the bed. Luckily I was so close she just rolled into my hands - but she was ticked!!! So, even mommas lapse....

Interesting thing happened last night at my local MOMS club function. I learned that all of their boys have been circ'd. It is so weird, since my main group of friends has only one circ'd - all the resst are intact...

Must play with my babes and head to farmers market...

H
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Oh gosh Lisa - there are LOADS of Canadian diaper wah's. Lets see... Valor kids, Jam Tots is in Canada and carries both Am and Can stuff. MDC has a Canadian trading post (because the am's don't want to send to Can - wha?!), she can check them out! We're about 6 hrs. from Toronto.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 PM

Hey ladies.........need some help

Wanna be a SAHM..........can't afford to..........any ideas & how do I get over the guilt I am having with going back to work???

Many tears
Old 06-11-2005, 02:26 PM

Hey Lori, welcome. We've been discussing work recently. I'm sorry you're having a rough time.. the gals here are great and will listen and talk and talk and listen all you want.

We had to make some serious budget concessions - major restructuring - so that I could stay home. It's not pretty, but we're making it. Use your guilt - find ways to spend your time at home with babe as quality, and remember that by working you are helping to provide a safe and warm home, food, and more to that babe.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:27 PM

Oh no, that was my 666th post. Had to post again, can't be the devil!

Old 06-11-2005, 02:53 PM

Lori, we have a few working moms on this list. They all have great relationships with their babies. Babies can do FINE with others and you can still provide good mama's milk to Ethan. Do you have a good childcare arrangement? Can you nurse him on your lunch breaks? Will you be working full time? Can you do some of the work from home? Can't help you with the guilt (that's your job to overcome ) but can help you cope! mama

Sheri- I think we ALL don't respond to every post. sometimes I come on and 5 different people (or more) have written a lot. Since we all have limited time, then that's just the way it goes. no one should take offense. and then not every single topic appeals to every single person. sometimes I kinda liken our conversation to if we were all together in one room. sometimes we'd all be focused on the same thing and then there would be side conversations and not every person would say something about everything, yk?

which reminds me, that Annie, I think you asked about how to become a mw? CNM you go to nursing and mw school. to be a direct entry mw (which are alegal here), the traditional way is apprenticeship and self-study. You can also do apprenticeship and more formal study (lots of online mw courses these days). you can also go to a school to study and learn. I'm pretty sure that Tenaya over there went to school (Maternidad De La Luz). There's another mama in Oahu that I heard is going to go there soon too. If you're REALLY interested, midwifery today has a bunch of materials for interested women. check it out.

Mary- glad to hear work is working out so well. 2 days a week- though long shifts, isn't bad at all- just enough to get you out of the house but not too much, eh?

Andy- your schedule as of late sounds exhausting! we are so slowed down here and it's nice.

Lisa- thanks for the advice- I'll ebay mine too. I have some other stuff sitting here to sell too.

Heather- at least you caught Aine! hey, they all fall sooner or later, eh? it's just better when you can blame it on someone else.

Luka's been awake for 30 minutes and he's fussy. he just went to bed way to late and can't seem to shift his wake-up time to accomodate. Hopefully it'll be a good nap day!!! I have a friend coming over and we're going to dye playsilks. her dd is having her 3rd bday in a few weeks and she's gonna give em out as party favors

hallelujah! brother came in the room and Luka is THRILLED! I swear he gets bored with me and is just enamored with them.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Oh no, that was my 666th post. Had to post again, can't be the devil!
:
my health ins bill costs $666 and I always think of that when I do the check :LOL
Old 06-11-2005, 04:01 PM

But health insurance IS the devil! :LOL

Woohoo, got a lovely package from Heidi today with FEEDING CUPS and a cute li'l bee shirt! Tehehehe. Thanks Heidi.

Still melting here. Got company for a while, which was nice. She brought me lunch and played with the baby and everything.

Okay, off to catch up.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Did I write a reply? Maybe not. I'm updating her web page, so check the linkie.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:13 PM

Az - love the Calico Baby AIO. The SPBs barely fit, but they're really cute.

Paq and Annie - went to the PO to mail packages yesterday but they were out of all Prio Mail materials (in the foyer, automated area) so you're out of luck. I'll have to go back on Mon.

Diaper hunt - yah, kinda got disgruntled with it. Plus I don't want to get burnt out on repetitive sights, like y'all mentioned.

Stephen King - what part are you on, Andy? The doors? The talk with Walter? It gets freakier, but yet, it all kinda fits together somehow too. Well, not the talk with Walter so much. That part is just weird.

Yesterday Evelyn was sitting on the dining room table and I was not attentive enough; she fell to the side onto the table. There's a pad on it, so I wasn't worried about her, but she was angry. She had her lip out for a long time. But after the fussing, she ate the best munch of the whole day.

Paq, top 1% in maternity satisfaction is only compared to other hospitals, and they mostly suck. It's all about who does the best job of brainwashing the women into thinking the doctors and hospitals are divine intervention.

Sis and I are going to take the baby for a walk to the custard shop. Yum!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Jessica- the new webpage is awesome- Evelyn looks great and so scrumptious. I just love her rolls! and she is really sitting WELL! she looks well loved (of course!)
Old 06-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Jessi!!!!! Oh my, the little sitter is SO cute!!! And she looks humongous!!! Much longer and bigger all around than Violet. V has 12" thighs, but she's very short, so I think part of her chub is just that she's compacted down.

Wonderoos - I'm wondering now if I shrank some? Some of them fit fine and some are just way too small.

Sheri- I'm laughing about the dogs! Sorry. I'm not sur eif you meant it to be funny, but it was too me.

Lisa -

Lori - is there any way you could work from home? Making a career change would be a huge shift, but it could work. What to you do for a living? Even if you do have to go back, you CAN make it work. I know, there are no easy solutions.

We're going to Sea Life park today to see the Walphin. Half dolphin half whale. That is just so wrong :LOL It had a baby walphin, so we're going to see that too.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:23 PM

Jeni, yaay for packages! Good luck with dh and those feeding cups

I getting stuff in the mail. So much so that I've been shopping again. :

Jessi, WOW she's really balanced in those pics.. go baby E!

Annie, is the baby whalphin only 1/4 whale or 1/4 dolphin? I'm guessing the first whalphin had a little whalphin with either a whale or a dolphin? Or are there little whalphin families all over Hawaii these days? :LOL

Going to make Andy's bread recipe.

Lisa

Old 06-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Ah, the wolphin family history.. http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...1/daily45.html

Old 06-11-2005, 05:38 PM

: Maybe I shouldn't say this..

Jessi, some mama is dumping her fluffymail stash on ebay today.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblurrym3bimmer

Old 06-11-2005, 05:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolphin

:LOL

I was going to say I'd take a picture for you. But it seems they aren't on the general display. I'll see what I can do.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:50 PM

Oooh indeed, the baby is only 1/4 (false)whale and 3/4 dolphin. Gotta love genetics at play

Waiting for the storms to come. We have tornado sky right now, but I think it's going to get rainy instead.

Old 06-11-2005, 06:19 PM

Annie- I doubt you shrank the wonderoos- I think that all diapers are just not created equally. I have some fb that are far larger than all the rest, and when I once compared them all, they were all different. they're all the same size too. just the way it goes.

I got my glamourmom tank in the mail today. now I am truly glamourous. so far it's comfy, though I'm not convinced this works for discreet nursing- since I'm going to see pil and all.... I'm fine with hanging out there most of the time, but not in front of fil : maybe if I wear a cardigan (i.e. hot) over it it'll be fine. but probably perfect for HI.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:40 PM

aaah, you all must be having a LIFE today. it's quiet and slow here. I keep checking my email looking for updates :
actually I DO have a friend coming over to do some silk dyeing. but she's lagging.... oops, there's luka- 3 hr nap!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:30 PM

Mortgage- Wow! I think we win on the low end! Ours is $40k, with 2 acres and an outbuilding. Mind you we are far from just about everything...

Can. diapers _ I have to recommend ME sandy's again, but there's also bareware.ca - they sell kissaluvs which take longer to dry but are nice. This thread has tonnes more:
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=228822

dd1 still has a touch of runs. I picked up some pedialyte, but I don't know if she needs it since she's nursing. Plus, the vomitting stopped.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:33 PM

Oh, I posted before reading about the wolphin! gotta check that about (I majored in marine biology!)

Ooooohh! I want a glamourmom tank (or another nursing tank), I really want to get one with the super powers line, but that's a lot of money... :-(

User Tag List