Janulicious June #3 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ori always looks at me kinda funny when I say pssssst. And he still hasn't pooed on the potty. Hrmmmmm

How long do I leave him there? Firstly, I have to hold him, and it's not all that comfy for either of us. Secondly, I don't want to turn it into some kind of marathon thing...kwim?

Long hot day here. Beca bit ori's finger. Ori pulled her hair a few times. Theheat makes everyone cranky. They both finally fell asleep in the car and I just drove around on very pretty, shady country roads for an hour. Much better!

Ooooh we got a new VK diape today - "so cool" beca says. She wants one too (OMG - let's NOT go there!), no, she wants that fabric in a t-shirt. much better WHEW! Ori's feeling somewhat chuffed at me typing away. He's singing a song about how lonely it is to be a baby w/a mama who has online friends :

And we've got some extras over here today,just to keep things hopping! 3 and 5 yr olds, very nice kids, tho. Easy...all downstairs playing nicely...YAY! caio! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#482 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 06:08 PM

Potty- G usually makes it clear she doesn't need to go by arching her legs. Otherwise I don't leave her for more than a few minutes. However, sometimes I've been too quick, only to have her pee on me after removing her.

Names:
We had four girl names picked out this time: Heather Celeste, Isabel, Ivy Jean, and one other I;ve forgotten. I was sure Heather Celeste was it, but that first night of screaming and she just didn't seem like a "heather" to us. Isabel didn't go well with Abigail - slurred they sound too much alike. Dh confessed he no longer liked Ivy Jean (it was our second choice to Abigail the first time around), and the other name just didn't work either. So we thought about it for awhile. I suggested 'Miranda' - I thought of it on the toilet and just threw it out there. He said "Ha! Like the Miranda Rights! Why don't we just call her Geneva for the Geneva convention?" I said "Hey, I like that" (my recently deceased Grandma's best friend and sil is Geneva). He said "Yeah, me too". And then we tried to find names to go with it, and Claire just sounded good.
So, despite lifelong yearnings, no princess-y goddess-y names afterall, but that doesn't make my daughter lesser women!
#483 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Potty - if they fight you, they don't need to go. As far as waiting, I sometimes sit on the floor w/the potty in front of me and just hang out. Lauren sometimes needs a few minutes to get things going, and she'll wiggle her legs and push a bit and work it all out.

Anyhow, it's a learning curve, so it'll work. I promise!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#484 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 07:06 PM

It's not fighting me off or anythig, just nothing happening. Not even a squirm...though I know he'll poop in his diape soon... poorOri - got bit and no afternoon nap. He's gunna sleep well tonight!

#485 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 07:35 PM

Poor Ori, getting bit by his sister Why did she do that? Showing off for friends or something? Hopefully, he WILL get sleep tonight.

Ugh, it is sooooo humid here. Its like being in the shower.

Lisa, on the going underwater. Just start slowly, by grazing her on the surface of the water with just her chin touching. So she gets used to it. Then you can start by letting her whole face graze the surface after cuing 1-2-3. She will hold her breath, I promise.
#486 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 09:35 PM

I did it! I mean Ori did it! I mean we caught the poo!!! WOOHOO we caught the POO!!! This is so cool! Beca did a big major dance around the house. Honestly if I wasn't so ticked at her for being awful all day, I'd love her to bitsy. She really is a great kid, just WHY??? Geesh. Sorry - I didn't bother to read the new posts - I shall as soon as mr Mr. is in bed. Soon...

#487 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Go Ori go! Poo in the potty! Poo in the potty!

Ok Andy, did you go all over the neighborhood this time to tell everyone? Lauren pooed tonight too, it must be a good day for using the potty. I so want to try training pants, but I want ones that snap instead of pull up and down.

There is ant crack in front of my front door and in my trashcan. They were already hunting in the can so I just dumped a bunch of borax and sugar mix in there on top of the corn husks. It's a party in there now. But now I have to figure out how to keep Zoe from licking up the ants as they wander across the house. Gah!

Lisa

#488 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 09:59 PM

All this potty talk has got me thinking of giving it a go. DH ois totslly against it though........

Andy ds hasbeen listening to the 1st and 2nd harry potter books. He got the third for his b-day but it hasn't been opened yet. Those vk dipes look cool lmk how it works.

We've been doing some veggie cooking lately and everything we've made dh has really liked Tonight we had a broccili cassarole that had that nutritunal yeast into, it was really good. DH is really impressed by the receipes and he says he doesn't feel starving like he thought he would from no meat

Andy is Becca fasinated my your bf Ori? Mr C has been very interested lately. He keeps staring and will try to put his face inches away to get a good look. It makes me uncomfortable

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#489 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 PM

Beatrice, we first thought of after watching Much Ado About Nothing, I think. She is an awesome character. I like to tell people that we named her after The Inferno character, though. :LOL That either gets horrified looks or blank looks. I haven't actually finished The Inferno, though. : I only have a vague idea. We really wanted a literary scholarly kinda reference, and we've got two. Ruth was my grandma. And it sounded good with Beatrice, and gives her the silly initials of BRB.

We have potty, haven't tried it. I think it's gonna have to wait until morning. She's cranky and restless.

Broke the baby today. Came home from long shopping excursion and bonked her head on the car door getting her out. She has a big red mark now. I suck.

Dinner sucked, too. No one who said they were going to or might show up showed up, so it was just Mike and I, and I really can't stand him drunk. He almost dropped the baby like 3 times and let her play with the bottom of his shoe and just all kinds of stupid crap. Now he's on the couch snoring. I'm never going to get a break again for the rest of my life. She's never going to sleep again. I want to run away from home.

Then to top it all off, I can't get ahold of anyone from LLL to get one of the working mom pamphlets. I have this lady from Freecycle picking stuff up tomorrow, and she said she isn't going to nurse because she has to work, and I thought it would be cool if I gave her some info, but I can't get anything. No printer.

The only good news is that PA introduced some pro-NIP legislation yesterday.
#490 of 502 Old 06-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Hey Jeni - we all break our babies because we live in real life. Mary broke Torin last time. But I've broken my babies and they live to tell the tale. And believe me, Jerry has been drunk on more than one occasion. Although I do NOT let him sleep w/us, we're always there for him in the a.m. (after coffee and shower). I do NOT approve of drug (inc. alcohol) abuse, but I can say that getting drunk once in a while is not an earth shattering event for *most* people (there are people that it wrecks their worlds, however, so...). Just let him sleep it off on the couch. Poor Bea had a tough day. And Poor Jeni! But don't let it take you down. This is just a bump on a bumpy road...not the bottomless pot hole (you'd have to live in NY for those LOL!). Get some sleep (as much as you can), tomorrow will be a better day. Oh, and take her swimming. Fastest way to get some sleep w/a baby is to take them swimming. I SWEAR!!! mama!

I am SO glad he pooped in the potty. I mean, since we got it he hasn't, and although he's only had like 2 poos in that time (about a week, I think), it was getting to where I was worrying that he'd only associate pssssst w/peeing, and wouldn't put a poop in there. Some kids are funny that way. His poo was pretty goopy, I'm wondering how you gals clean up the wee one who's got poo dripping off their behind...

I find it very difficult to get this babe on my back. I'm clutzy, he's so tiny...I think it's not going to be any time soon that this is a regular thing for us

#491 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 12:07 AM

Oh - answers to Az's q's:

Beca is neurotic about bf. She's in there like white on rice. It makes me uncomfortable too, because 1. she distracts the baby 2. it's kinda weird to have someone else so intimate between me and baby and 3. I think it's kind of inappropriate for her because she's old enough to grant me some (tiny bit of) privacy. Just a seriously tiny bit. We are an open door policy on bathrooms, bedrooms etc., and there's no embarrasment for her in walking around naked, or me either (aside from the saggy belly). but she really gets in the way. Ugh.

Have you guys read the HP books? Made want to go and watch #3, just hearing about you guys listening to it. We all listen to them together, mostly.

That's GREAT about the veggie food and dh being ok w/it. I'd never get away w/it. Partly 'cause I don't do dairy, so that eliminates a whole yummy world for dh already, but also because he's just SUCH a meat'n'potato guy.

Our other VK diapes are AWESOME! I love the liner, the wool, the snaps, the serging, the gathers, the...what's left? Quality is 100%, ease of use is 100%, totally daddy friendly. We also got a sugar pea, and those are great too. I'm such a sucker for a cute print (we got a native african kind of print...very primative and cool colors). It's an awful lot like the Valor Kids aio that I got off the TP. The mediums go a long way around here (like to 24lbs or something. Ori will be in about 6th grade by then :LOL ).

Ok. time for bed. YAY for all the little poopy babies!!! love, andy

#492 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 05:51 AM

Aloha all! I'm so lonely over here in my lagging time difference without Karen. By the time I get on here and get settled into bed, it's like 5AM for some of you!

Good morning Andy, Sheri, Laura! Wakey Wakey

I'm not sure what time zones all the rest of you are in, but top o' the mornin to ya as well!

Ok, Sheri, in answer to your question - Kobe gets right up in my boobies like he's going to suddenly latch on all the time too. Sometimes he even acts like he's nursing. . It doesn't bother me, although I think he's sorta weird. I think he's just interested and wants part of the attention.

I think Mary and Heidi have forsaken us.

Poll: If you could pick a song to represent your birth, what would it be?

I'm thinking..."somewhere over the rainbow" Isreal K. version.

Goodnight to me!
#493 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Good morning Andy, Sheri, Laura! Wakey Wakey
grrr
me wants to be please
blah
bbl when i'm awake and coherent
#494 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 08:20 AM

Good morning, mamas!

Here in the usual sleep deprivation with #2 (David). #1 is still asleep. She went to sleep late, he wakes up early, and my brain is toast. :LOL

Names. I explained mine already, right? I don't remember (uh . . . surprise, I wonder why! ha!).

Carmen Sierra: Carmen was my grandmother. I lived with her for a while and then when we moved away (across the street!) I spent a lot of time with her, and a lot of who I am is because of her. She was a strong person dedicated to her family and her children, and who had lived through a lot, and Matt thought the name also was strong. She was actually Carmen del Pilar. Perhaps most importantly, her name was Spanish-English, pronounceable by both the familia in Monterrey and the family in California & Ohio. No r's to roll. I would go crazy if the baby was named Rocio or something and that r wasn't rolled by the Ohioans. It just wouldn't sound right. (shiver smile here!) Sierra is to honor the accident and the kind people who helped us out, to honor our love of nature, and to remind her to be like strong, and timeless. The name is appropriate for her because the in womb she moved less and more slowly. She was serene in there.

David Celestino: Nobody in my family is David. This is a good thing; the men in my family are wrapped around too much bad politics. :LOL David, biblically, was strong, also, outgoing and a leader. I thought my boy, wiggly in the womb, would be outgoing and he very much is. David is also Spanish-English. Celestino again honoring the Nevada incident, and the other thing that we loved about that landscape--the sky. Celestino is really "heavenly," but it's the closest natural word that we could come to in Spanish. It tells you a lot about a language when all the natural features are given feminine names (think: luna, estrella, montana, etc.).

I knew from the beginning it was going to be twins, and when I changed OB's I also aquired an awesome perinatologist who was asked by my OB to do the ultrasounds, and he had this SWEET setup in his office, and did a great job at walking us through what he did because he knew we understood it and he thought that was cool. So yeah, we found out the sex at 18 weeks or so. I also had a feeling, though. I knew at least one of them was a girl, and I suspected the really wiggly one was a little boy, because only a little boy could poke on me like David was.

We didn't have the babies named from the beginning. Carmen Sierra we landed on at like 35 weeks, after I felt like I really understood her. David Celestino was decided on the way to the hospital; I had been mostly convinced but my DH wasn't until we got on the freeway.

Interestingly, I didn't call my babies from their names at first. Their names were just a formality. Really they were my little boy and little girl, and that's what I called them, and often what I still call them.

Don't be late for work if you're reading this marathon post, hey?

Annie: I like your choice in song! I think mine would be the "Ave Maria" by Franz Biebl. I played it to the babies a lot in their last month. I am trying to find a link for you all to hear it (Chanticleer recorded it first), but need to get in the bathroom while both babies are happy (they're both up now).
#495 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 AM

Good Morning Mamas

Laura- I am sending you sleepy vibes.

Tiger - I love the reference in Carmen and Davids name. That's cool that you are honoring the whole thing.

Song - We have 2. I actually had to as DH about them since his is the song guy. The first is "Alde Lang Sine" (Obviously becuase he was born on New Year's Day) and the second is U2's "Some Days are Better than Others" We also have one for after his surgery "Amazing Grace" We also sing that one to Em every night before bed.

Will was an early bird today, but since he slept from 10-5am, I guess I really can't complain. He is just sitting here in the baby bling (gotta get my morning coffee in ) just spinning in circles and talking to all of us. Hope he doesn't wake up his sister though. I can handle an early riser of a baby, but not a toddler, since they require so much more work on no caffeine.

Well, not much else to say. Gotta get lunches ready. See ya'll this afternoon.
#496 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Sheri, your dh will totally dig it once he catches some pee on his own Besides, it's not like you're taking off her dipe and letting her poop on the couch, instead, you can offer the potty when you change her during the day, and don't worry if you never get any pee or poo in there every time, it's the act of offering that keeps their bladder control so you don't have to reteach it when they potty learn.

My niece does the same thing as Mr. C - get up really really close (which of course means Lauren gets distracted and pops off and usually gets squirted in the face). I don't think it's so much an interest in boob as it is an interest in seeing what the baby is doing and being a part of it.

Jeni, hugs for your crazy day, I hope it's a better one today!

Andy, do you have a peri bottle? That's what we do. Keep it by the pot, lean back w/one hand holding those legs, grab bottle w/other hand, squirt poo off bum and into pot. Gosh, I guess any catsup bottle would work too.

Oh Annie, poor Annie, all alone floating in the ocean. Yah 5am I was up, but was in no way interested in the computer.

A song for my birth? Gah, I don't know. I'll have to think a loooong time about that. Something that starts REAAAALLLY SLLOOOOOOOW and then has a lot of crashing and noise and loudness 2/3 through and then quiet again and then ends with a bang. But as I've started to come to terms w/the birth, "Heaven" by Live resonates with me, and "Little Heaven" by Toad the Wet Sprocket, but I'm going to keep thinking too... I'm sure there is something that fits just right.

Joyce, where in Ohio do you have fam?

GAH Lauren just won't sleep at night. I can feel the bumps of teeth but they aren't even close to coming through. It took her 2 hrs. to go to sleep, woke an hour later, and then I scared her and she cried really hard. I didn't mean to, but at midnight I was just SO tired and worn out from the 2 hrs of nursing to sleep and I had just fallen asleep myself and she was wiggling all over the place and I couldn't get the diaper to fasten again and so I growled. And apparently it was really loud because she started screaming and then I cried because I scared her and we started the nurse to sleep cycle again. Slept 2 hrs. that time, and woke again, and I nursed again and left, at least when I sleep in the other room I get a few hours of not being kicked and wiggled at. I suppose if I weren't such a light sleeper it wouldn't be that bad, but the noise of her feet across the sheets is enough to wake me. Gah!

Going to my parents today, we're going to drive and drive (75 miles...) to get more flowers for my garden. I really like this nursery, and usually I have them fedex my plants to me, but it's too hot now. I could buy things locally, but that's no fun!

Lisa

#497 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 10:39 AM

Hey mamas

I have to go back & catch up :LOL

I just wanted to know if any of you have started to plan your babies first b-day?? And if so, what are you doing? theme?

DH thinks I am crazy b/c I have already started to plan Ethans :LOL
#498 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Ack! Lori! Don't come here and scare us like that!!!

Actually, I've been thinking about what I'm going to NOT do for her bday. And how I'm going to convince my il's that I'm right and she doesn't need a cake to smash.

#499 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 10:51 AM

Lisa - Niles, Dayton, Canton, places like that. It's not my family, it's DH's. He doesn't really talk to them much. I guess they kind of ostracized his mom (or made her feel that way, is really what it is) when she moved away with her DH. Prolly doesn't help that she can't talk bad enough about living there. :LOL Now she lives in Orange County, CA, and really really really likes it.

Must work work work work work . . .
#500 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 11:05 AM

Lisa sorry about her not sleeping well at night enjoy your drive to moms

Andy- I'll pp you as soon as this lady pays me for the fb she bought from me.

Actually I've been thinking about her bday party but only cuz it's in 3 mths, eeks! I'm not worried about the cake and it being super healthly as she's not gonna have any. My MIL insists that all babies need to have a chocolate cake for their 1st bday and was appaled at me for making a healthy non chocolate cake for K for her 1st bday whatever!

Well a first happened yesterday. Me and my mom don't always agree. Well she keeps buggin me about solids w/Megan and I'm like she's not ready. But I feed you..blah blah etc... I told her she has a bad gag reflex and easily chokes at times. Guess she never listened to me but she watched her for a few yesterday and wouldn't ya know Megan had a choking episode. Then my mom told me "I guess you are right for not starting yet, she probably isn't ready" hmm ya think?

Great news for me! I'm at my lowest weight since I was in high school. For over 17 years now I have been struggling with losing weight and no matter what I did or do I could never get under 160. I usually tend to be around 175 for most of my life. Well I am now 153 I can't believe it. I actually thought my scale was wrong, so checked at my moms scale and it was the same. I'm so excited, this has been such a long battle. But I hope to continue and get down to 140 which is my ultimate goal which I thought I'd never be able to achieve.
#501 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 AM

#502 of 502 Old 07-01-2005, 07:35 PM

Hi MAMAS!
I so wish I could actually read and catch up to you all, but there's no way. actually the other night in San Fran we had wireless internet and I read a lot but the connection was severed before I could read all or respond.

SOOOO... lotta travelling and drama here. We had a great time in Santa Crux with our friends. We went to the aquarium in monterrey, and did go to the boardwalk (some one here mentioned it- Annie?)- it was 65c ride night
we also hiked and had fun. met my friend's new 8month old.

then we spent the night in San Fran- on the 3rd floor of dh's cousin's house with windows on 3 sides. we had a great view of the fog :LOL
the big drama was getting here to Nantucket. we flew all day to Newark and when we got there last night our flight to Nan was cancelled ra'am was in tears and dh was turns out that continental had no more flights until monday?!?!? crazy. fil was in manhattan at his apt so we were supposed to go to his place adn then get on a chartered flight with him the next day (today). I was thinking- who lives near NY.... wonder if Andy could come spend the day..... but then on the way to their house (sans car seat, which was checked adn in airport hell), fil calls and says, "go to white plains, there's a chartered flight leaving at 9:30 pm for you".... so we rushed like mad over there in a crazy cab drive with an uncarseated baby (is that was people do in cabs?) and made it. it was insane and I wondered why on earth I was spending my time travelling like this when I live in HI????
we're here now. it's beautiful- gray out but nice.
R and N are thrilled and have been catching critters in the ocean all day. Luka went to sleep at 2am last night- slept until 10:30 and then ad a 3.5 hour nap.... can you tell the kid was exhausted?!?!?!

anyhow, I just realized that it's July 1 and there might be a new thread.... maybe i'l post this there too, if I find one.

one thing I was gonna say re the postcards (since I did read about those....) is that no one needs to send one to Luka- I'm just not organized to make a scrapbook : BUT.... R and N love to get mail. they can certainly get a joint card.... i might send some cards from here If i feel like I can brave the crowded stores. either way, I'll send some from HI.
also I WILL have wireless and easy access for the next week, so I'll most likely be able to stay in touch : funny that's important to me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page