Janulicious June #3 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a bunch of responses, but then I let evelyn type for a bit, and somehow she closed the window.

Andy, I love both my families. it is something I looked for in a husband. Before we met, he went to see his parents 1-2x / yr. After I met them, we started going 3-4x/yr. MIL and I have the same ideas about the importance of family and extended family.
I can't believe your DH said that! What an (and that is no sweet baby crack)

My DH is trying to get me to peel tomatoes for tomato soup, but I don't feel up to it. i should be lying down. Yesterday I had a long walk with the stroller in the sun, to make his father's day present. Then we took the baby to the mall, and I carried her half the time, and that was a lot of walking too. Then I stayed up until 2 a.m. watching Episode VI with DH (loved it! That one is my favorite), and then nookie, and it was way too much exercise and not enough sleeping. Then this morning we had to wait for breakfast because DH wanted to go to brunch. Of course the first place was mobbed, so we drove around for a while and found a second place, where we had to stand and wait 15 min (why did they come get me and sleeping babe from the car immediately? dorks), and by the time we were seated (in the cave-like bar area) I was feeling sick. The food wasn't even that good, except for the fruit bowl. Evelyn loooooved that. I did get a nap, but now I'm feeling crummy again.
So the point was: he asked several times about the tomatoes, but finally got the pt that I don't feel up to standing. I peeled one and then came in here. I shoud be lying down. Finally he gets it, and he said, "Thank you for peeling one."

There was more but she deleted it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Hey Jessi - thanks for the butt crack for dh. I can't even tell him, I'm so mad. What makes me SOOOO mad isn't even that he feels this way, or that he'd SAY that he feels this way (can we keep SOME things inside the filter??) but that he doesn't CARE how his saying/feeling this way hurts my feelings. Butthead indeed!

Sounds like you had a WOW day on Sat.! We sent for a walk today in the woods, which was great. Started in the covertable mt and swapped for the maya as he got hungry. Not into figuring out how to feed a hungry babe in a carrier when he's actually HUNGRY, eh?! I LOVE having choices that are small and light enough to come with though!! I really have NOTHING to complain about because I'm about 2x (well, maybe not quite) your weight and my kid is about 1/2 of your kids weight :LOL ! It was great to get out for a bit, tho.

Joyce - I'd go for having something you use, even if it's only one and they have to take turns. Ebay CAN be your friend...I think my grand ebay misadventure was just before you joined us...it was uuuuugly! But selling stuff should be ok...If I knew anyone w/twins I'd ask but all my twin friends are older kids, not babies. No chance of using them for 50 pounders, is there :

Ok, I think I'm going to watch a movie and wrap up some stuff for mailing tomorrow. Big post office day tomorrow. Check ya later!! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#63 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Oh, and Heather - I think you handled the situation so well! I usually stump off mad and hurt and expect him to come running after me w/apologies and love and it's SO not there and then I'm hurt that it's not there...on and on... and I don't seem to learn, either.

#64 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 09:43 PM

Andy!!!! Oh, mama I'm sorry you are having such a day!!! I'M running after you with hugs and such- so there Seriously though, it makes me sad to read you're feeling like that.

Dh and I are on the outs today too. Basically, he just lies to me all the time - I know it, he knows it ---and I'm sick of it :
#65 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 10:07 PM

What is with these lame dhs today????
Heather, Andy, Annie s You are doing great jobs, IMO

Jessi- resst rest rest, and a s to your dh for being happy you get one tomato!
#66 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 10:14 PM

Oh man Lisa that sounded like a horrible day w/the inlaws

Seems like so many of you could use some hugs! especially Andy

Annie- sorry about the lying that is so not cool

I guess in some ways when I was in the hospital for a week it gave my dh a big wake up call on what it's like for me. He keeps telling me he doesn't know how I do it, it's a lot of work. I really think somedays some men should just do it all for a few days w/out us, then they'll appreciate all that we do.

I'm in so much discomfort, I'm feeling wicked engorged. Anything I can do to help that? I feel a really hard lump now in my breast and it hurts when I touch it. I'm just all worried this is gonna make my supply drop. I'm pumpin every 3 hrs but lucky if I get 3 ozs both, normally I get like 5-6 ozs at least.
#67 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 10:47 PM

Ooooh mama - you gotta watch out for those lumpies! They can become mastitis really fast. Pump more frequently, if possible - every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs is not too much. It'll boost your supply and hopefully get that lumpie outta there.

Cabbage leaves nice and hot will help the engorgement and the tenderness. Don'tknow why. you can just put them on a plate w/a little water and nuke them, then put them on your breast as hot as you can take it for as long as they stay warm. Cover w/a towel. Hot bath, hot shower...anything to keep the lymph and fluid moving in there. Poor mama! The chloraphyll is on it's way in the morning... not that it would help with this particular problem,just something to cheer you up a bit... Thanks for your words of comfort for me, too. What a crap day over here. I HATE having these kinds of battles. the poophead would honestly keep us in stalemate for EVER if I didn't raise the issue and MAKE him talk about it.

Annie! WTF?? What's up w/lying? Where is it getting him, may I ask? Is he feeling clever? Does he think you're not going to 'get' it? HUH?! Back to therapy w/that man, imo. JESSI!!!!! Where is dh camp????? Yours sounds too good for words, honestly. Thank god SOMEONE is happy with one tomato!!! (oh, you're resting...and if you're reading this, go back to resting!!)

Annie, BIIIIG hugs, mama. I do hope that he comes around, but in the meantime, know that you are a wise and good woman, and that he is a foolish man who doesn't know how to live a life w/good people. So sad. HUGS!!!

Karen - Luka sounds just so darned adorable! Orin hardly even reacts to the phone. Music he likes, classical calms him, country makes him smile. But other than drooling into the keyboard, he's not a big computer fan (squirms quickly). Dh can sit and play some solitaire w/him sometimes, bouncing vigorously, but tbh, that's wearing thin w/him. Uh oh...

Ok, still haven't gotten to my movie, but I did get all my packages wrapped (except one) and I'm feeling ready for a little movie. Cheers mamas - I hope someone out there is having a great day (Kathy?!)!

#68 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 11:08 PM

well my day has been good. i have hung out with my newest best frined, Luka dh and buddy came home from diving and we drank beer. guiness in the afternoon : Luka and I slept and then soon we're going over to some friends house. I'm making seafood enchiladas there. YUMMMMMM

Laura- gotta get that milk flowing out of there. i never heard of nuking the cabbage leaves- just putting them on fresh and changing them when they get wilted. did you say you had to wait til tues to get the part??? drink lotsa water mama and maybe you can express some milk in the shower by hand?? good luck!
#69 of 502 Old 06-19-2005, 11:10 PM

oh, and while we drank beer? Luka laid on the floor of the livingroom- started out on a quilt but just moved himself off. was naked and just happy as a clam- legs up in the air, a silk around his middriff and just giggly and cute.... wish he was like that ALL the day, but I'll settle for what i got.
#70 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Good for Luka! Mmm guiness.

DH made tomato soup (from tomatoes) today, along with grilled cheese (fontina and parmesan). It was goo-oo-ood. He even whipped cream and chopped parsley and zested lemon for the garnish. We gave the baby a taste and she went nuts, she liked it so much. She waved her arms around and opened her mouth really big for another taste.
#71 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 AM

So...uh, Jessi....Does your dh have any cute friends that wanna come live in HI??? :LOL
#72 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Annie - lying is not acceptable. Tell him to just stop it. He isn't fooling anyone!

Perhaps a few hubbies need bootcamp this weekend!!! Actually dh just called to check in. He said he had Chinese food for dinner and bought me some I guess I'll keep him.

Aine is so darn cute. She sucks her two middle fingers - a bit like a bowling ball. At first it upset me a bit - I was afraid it would affect our nursing relationship and I wondered why she need to suck those fingers. She just has a strong sucking need and if left at the breast, she will overeat and vomit. Fingers are a better option. So, while we three laid down for bedtime, she just curls up beside me after nursing and falls asleep

Eamon is loving on his sister lately, so for today it seems to be going well. He was dancing early in the evening while I made dinner. He runs all over dancing, skipping and jumping to "Buzz, Buzz" by Lori Berkner. Cracks me up !!!

I think I'll keep my fam-damily

PM
#73 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Annie - I noticed the addition of a blog to your siggy...Violet is too cute
#74 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:47 AM

Almost forgot to add that I hope all the sore breasts feel better. I had always heaard to use cold cabbage leaves...Hope it helps! Also, I hope the part for your pump comes soon SPM...

PM
#75 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 01:20 AM

One more thing while I am thinking of it. I want to sell some of my small FB. What is a fair price for them? Should I put them on the TP or go straight to eBay. Karen, I know you did this...please advise

TIA,
PM
#76 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 01:48 AM

Evening all,

Karen, I'm glad you guys got some sunshine today. It has been dumping like crazy here all day. Raining so hard I couldn't see across the street.

We just found our kitty, thank goodness! She had followed us up the street yesterday, and then couldn't get back because there was a scary dog in one of the yards, and she was too afraid to pass. Poor little thing is all scruffy looking and sad. She musta had a hard night in the rain, but otherwise seems ok now that she's home. Boy, when she heard us walking down the street she really bolted to us, LOL!!!

So, on the lying. Its bad...and this one was a doozy. Right now I'm feeling like an idiot for staying with him, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, yk? I told him we would talk about it in counseling, but honestly, I feel like part of my heart is sealed off from him now and who wants to be in a relationship like that?

Other than that he's a sweet guy. Violet has been really fussy. He's taking the kids for a walk while we have a short, foggy break in the rain. He loves us, but he's got to choose what he really wants in life, yk?

Karen. that's so cute about Luka being your best friend. What a cute little buddy!!!

Violet sucks her fingers too, Heather. Sometimes she sucks her bottom lip. That drives me nuts.

Ok, fussy babe is back!
#77 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 07:21 AM

AAAAAAh - I totally just lost my post!!!

Annie - I totally feel w/ya. JAC can be such a butthead. He doesn't lie about what he does, tho. He has instant karma, so he'd likely end up deowning in the baby pool, or running over his own foot w/the lawn mower! But he really can be spiteful and mean. And he NEVER talks. Lame. I don't trust him, either. It's not fun. I have a 3 yr. plan now that gives him some time to work through his issues and me some time to come to grips w/what he is all about in this family. It's possible that even not trusting him, it's more important to have him in the family than out of it, but we'll see. Not there yet. I'm pretty unwilling to do anything about this with an infant. There's a negligent possibility of my being on my own and not having to go back to work. I just can't do full time w/a baby. I know lots of mamas do it, and it's not the end of the world, but I would rather suffer this feeling than suffer that feeling - just a choice. Also he's so darned impossible that trying to coordinate visitation and sleepovers etc. would be a complete nightmare. What is up w/men who never learned to SPEAK???

Anyway, Big hugs mama. Although these moments (long as they are) suck big time, they usually come around and make us fall in love again...eventually...sometimes. V's blog is so nice! You did an awesome job, and that pic is just YUMMY! She is such a beautiful little one!

Ok, time to go get the little mr. he pooped again in the middle of the night, but he didn't wake me up, so it was not pretty at 5am. bummer. Lots of hugs! Andy

ps - the mac'n'cheese was awesome!!

#78 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if pumping that often will be possible but I'll give it a go!

Oh Annie- sorry you are going through all that. I swear men just don't get it. I think a boot camp is in order for them all once they turned the age of 18, get them while they are young and train them right, lol. I think if I found out mine was lying I would be so devestated. I always considered him an honest man.
Your Violet is so precious glad you found kitty

I guess it depends on the condition of your fb and what to sell them for. Usually when I sell some of my diaps I look at other peoples post and what they are selling them for and if people bought them or not.

Megan loves chomping on her fingers. Sometimes she puts then in too far and gags. She found her toes the other day and just loves to play with them now Shes so cute!
#79 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 08:28 AM

DH & I had a pretty tense evening yesterday, and I guess the babies picked up on it, because neither slept until like 10:30 and now they've both been awake for a half hour.

My helper, who I already knew was quitting because she told me about two weeks ago, called to tell me yesterday afternoon that she wouldn't be coming back from her weeklong vacation that she just took. Doh! I'm very behind on my work and the babies are a mess, no way we could go solo this week without a lot of screaming (from all three of us!). So I'm flying my mom in (there goes my baby carriers!) for three days until I get something straightened out (there goes my CAREER!). I wish she could stay or something (even though she's not uh . . . AP . . . but . . .) but grandparents have their own lives these days and if she left my dad alone for very long he'd wind up living off of burgers and chicharrones (friend pork rinds). :LOL

SO, that being said, I'm probably going to go missing for a little while as I try to find some way that my precious silly little babes can get all the lovies and attention they're looking for, and give grandma some attention for dropping everything to help out.

Annie, what's that pretty wool on eBay that you buy? Might order her some so she has something new to play with when she gets back home.

#80 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 AM

bummer Joyce,hope you get things all squared away

forgot to add pics of Megan in her new LHC's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...000_2673pp.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...000_2675pp.jpg
#81 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 08:55 AM

Annie and Andy I hope your dh's get a clue hopefully soon. Lying ad not talking

I think I'm coming down with strep throat again I've got a kettle on to make a big 'ol pot of tea

Karen I'm glad to hear you had a good day sounds like you had a couple of crappy ones so this gives the rest of us hope

Laura I hope the mail gods smile apon you and your pump part comes early

I'm not too happy with my dh either. I wasn't even sure if the kids and I were going to go to OH for bil's wedding after we found out the times of everything. We're pretty much going to be sitting in the hotel the whole weekend without a car : while dh is off doing best man stuff. Well dh really wants us to go so I told him fine. Well now today, mind you I'm feeling really yucky and he knows that. This am he has the nerve to tell me that he's got laundry going (thats not the bad part) and that he hopes I get to becuase he knows I'm going to be busy cleaning out the bassnettte (its become a junk collecter and apprently the bane of his existance since he mentionins it all the time but NEVER does anything about it) and getting stuff ready for the trip.

Annie thats funny that your kitty was afraid of the dog, I'm glad she came back, any time my cat is missing I worried he got ran over or just walked into someone else house we think he's retarded so either is a very real possibilty

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#82 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 AM

It sounds like everyone here needs a collective . I hope everyone's week gets better.

Sheri - You could take everything out of the bassinet and put it on his side of the bed. Then he would have to deal with it. That's what I do with DHs clothes that he leaves all over the floor. Packing is such a pain, especially doing it by yourself with a kiddo.

Annie and Andy - I hope your DHs get better. It is awful to have those icky feelings about DHs. My DH and I have been fighting more lately too, but nothing to the degree that you guys are. My thouhts are with you.

SPM - Megan is such a cutie! She looks so big. I love the pics, especially the one where she has great big eyes. She looks surprised by the camera.

Tiger - Sorry about the helper/career and all. At least the kiddos get to spend some good grandma time, AP or not.

If I forgot anyone, I am sorry. Lets see -
1) Frozen BM - It was not completely thawed, so I thinik it might be okay. I know that the freezer was only left cracked open because the ice cream did not melt and the meat was not thawed. I keep the bm in the back of the freezer, os I think that it was still 90% frozed and only a little thawed. But, we will use the smell, taste theory when the time comes. DH didn't mean to do it, he was just a little forgetful about it.
2) Carriers - I know that my carrier was supposed to be sent on the 20th, but it hasn't arrived yet (I got the BMT). Andy, can you send me a pic of how it works when you have the blanket on it? I am going to try and make one myself, although like lisa, with hook and eye so you really can't see it.
3) Weekend - We went on an official date on Saturday. We left the kiddos with my folks, we are lucky enough that they live in town and went to dinner and a movie. We finally saw Star Wars, and as a whole movie, it was great, but there were some cornball moments too. It was cool how they tried to change the filming at the end so that it matched more with the original star wars movies. Then we spent father's day on the lake. The kids loved it, and were exhausted by the end of the day. DH and I are a bit pink too, but luckily, we were far more vigilant with the kids sunscreen than our own. When Em was about 9 months old, I put her hand in plaster for DHs first fathers day. Well, we tried to do the same for him with Wills hand/foot, but the stupid kit did not work, and we tried it twice, so instead I used ink and did them on paper. I didn't notice though that instead of a standard ink pad, I grabbed dye, and so now the kids hands/feet are midnight blue. :LOL

Okay, off to get ready for work. Have a good Monday!
#83 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Annie, Laura, Andy, hugs to you!

Dh got home late last night (after I heard him tell friend that he had to be home by 5:30 at the latest, so I blame friend some too) and we went to bbq at crunchy friend house. She lives in crunchy city, I SO BADLY want to move. Dh held his own against chemistry, physics, and math profs, and we met people who lived at the south pole for a year. Had a nice nice time. And Lauren even fell asleep for 30 min. in the house and I had a nice sit on the porch all alone. aaah!

Dh and I broke our bed this morning, and there was no nookie involved. I guess when I slid the bed over to make space to sidecar the crib I knocked the supports free, and this morning we were both snuggled in the middle and I heard some creaking and we fell a few inches. Lauren is still sleeping, so we had to get up for fear of ending up on the floor. We may very well end up on the floor either way, since she's started really scooting around and rolling more.

Andy, my dh is brutally honest too. He actually reminds me every so often "Don't ask me a question you don't want to know the answer to" and he's always been like that. And if it makes you feel any better, Lauren had a HUGE squishy blowout last night while we drove home after bedtime. Dh ended up giving her a bath at 11 while I mopped up the carseat and did laundry.

Laura, Megan is just too beautiful.

Annie, that blog rocks! You have some awesome talent (and a beauty of a chunker to show off!)

Joyce, good luck in the next few days!

Sheri, hugs for you too! It literally took me a good nap plus 3 hrs to pack for Lauren and I for a weekend trip. Not fun, but it did get done.

Nicole, today is the 20th? SO you should get it soon I know she was out of town all weekend at a festival trying to earn some $.

Hrm Lauren just yelled out and then got quiet. I'm not going to go check on her - maybe she's back to sleep?

Hehe Nicole, you have little smurf babies!

Ok gotta run, I read everything and I need to find some clothes and get my dirty hair in a pony so we can go see the chiro. I need to see the chiro!

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#84 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Postcards - so far I have 14 mamas addys. Have not heard from Iris and Torin.

#85 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 10:54 AM

Laura I love that first pic of Megan, too cute

Joyce I hope grandmama is big help and shame on the helper for quitting erlier than she said. Thats just so wrong. Hopefully you'll find someone soon.
this seller on ebay has the softest yarn and really nice colors. I've won 4 auctions from her in the past couple of weeks : I was actually just winding up the skeins from one auction. I can't wait to get knitting with it

Lisa broken bed with no nookie, that not cool. Yeah I imagine it'll take alot longer than 3hrs to get everything packed. We'll be gone for 5 days and there's 4 of us plus 2 dogs. Plus its not like I can just throw anything in a bag with the wedding and all. Oh and I have to buy new pants while my pre-pg pants due techinally fit they aren't at all comfy. I'm just too fat. I've been trying to pretend otherwise but yesterday I faced facts and admitted that I need pants. So I have to fit pants shopping in somewhere in the next couple of days

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#86 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 11:05 AM

Jessi, I forgot to ask, did you get on the little-fishy custom waiting list? I'm #21

#87 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Lisa- glad you had a nice time, sorry about the bed. Hey how is Zoe?

Az- hope that strep throat decides to take a u-turn! no fun

My lump in my breast is not as lumpy. Feels better, been pumping a lot and finally getting some milk to flow. yeah!
#88 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 PM

#89 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Oh Pam sounds like something needs to be done. I have no idea what as I've never been in that situation and wouldn't know where to begin. I hope those ladies can help advise/suggest some things for you. I personally don't think that is normal toddler behavior. Mine in no way acts like that. The worst she's done was throw things at me and Meg the first few weeks but that was a brief time and now she hugs and kisses her. Of course I may just have an abnormal toddler, who knows? I'm not experienced in the toddler behavior field.
#90 of 502 Old 06-20-2005, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Pam, hugs mama! Can you hire in a sitter or mother's helper for a few hours? Maybe Abby getting a TON of attention from someone else, or sharing A and G time, you nurse G, then go 100% on Abby until G needs you again?

Pump Laura, pump! You are a milk fountain, go mama go! Hey, do you want my little stash of pumped milk for emergencies? I can't use it since most of it has some allergen or another in it, yet I can't bring myself to throw it out.

Went to the chiro, had a nice aaahh moment while Lauren wiggled on the floor. I SO BADLY WANT A GRILLED HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH. Ah had to get that out.

Dh and I put the bed back together and Lauren is sleeping on it. It was really caved in to the floor! We have a split box spring so the center just bottomed out, too funny. Honestly, I think I'm afraid to get pregnant again, so I'm just not making any time for nookie. No risks that way, right?

Going to find lunch. NO ham or cheese for me.

Lisa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page