Janulicious June #3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
in my own room
they sometimes get stuck in the house and die. i found one in here earlier today and killed it. after bathing tonite i put luka on the changing table and my hand went to the post of it. the wasp must have been sitting there cuz i was instantly stung on the palm, in the webbing between my thumb and pointer finger. it hurts my wrist even hurts i don't like wasps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 06:51 AM

Karen, ow ow ow! That sounds paaaainful. Now you get to pack for 5 people for 3 weeks with one hand hurting - ew, not fun!

Nicole, wow, that is hot. Good job on helping Will sleep. Evelyn does sleep better in our bed than in hers; maybe that's why.

Up with tummy cramps and diarrhea again. Ugh. I have soooo much to do at work but is there any point going in if I'm going to be miserable and back and forth to the bathroom? The tiredness and craving of ginger ale remind me of the beginning of pregnancy, but hopefully it's just a stomach thing. I have been a dork and not using bc, and the baby is eating solids a few times per day. It didn't occur to me that that means we should get out those condoms. I'm soooo not ready to be pregnant again.

More stuff but I forgot. Andy and Annie, you guys are very good wives to recognize DH's issues and be so patient with them.
Andy, hilarious about the neighbor.
Az, very cute about the cat. Good for you for taking him in.
Annie, that's great about the visit. Sad about the teething. Violet is adorable.

Naming of breasts - I call mine Yogi and BuBu. They're pretty even, over time.

Ooh, I was going to ask - I've noticed that my breasts don't get the really full feeling much anymore. They used to feel fat and hard after 6-8 hours of not nursing at night. Now they don't. My supply (pumping) has dropped a little; 4.5 oz/session instead of 6. Someone mentioned to me that the boob size evens out after a while, like less variation between just-nursed and ready to nurse. Is that what this is? Evelyn has not complained. I give it to her even though it does not feel full, and she munches away.

Oooooh and this baby is cuuute. She was grinning and spitting at DH as he stood her on his tummy during naked butt time. A few minutes ago she peed in the potty, although she was not happy about being sat up in the middle of the night. Last night I was going to nurse her to sleep; she got into position on her side, snuggled up to me. Then she stuck her thumb in her mouth and went to sleep, no boob required. It was sweet.
#123 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 09:08 AM

Gah! My stinker is up at, gulp, 5:30!!!! Good thing she's super duper cute & jolly! It's funny to see how amused she is with the whole situation, really.

Ooooch, Karen, that's awful about the wasp! Maybe icing it will help? (as in ice cubes... not frosting.... although, come to think of it, maybe frosting isn't such a bad idea after all... mmmm, frosting...)

Jess, holy moly woman! Get thee a copy of TCOYF and pronto! It sounds like you're keeping your fingers crossed that this is just a little bit of flu bug or something.

With DD#1, we didn't worry at all about precautions until, well, we got pregnant again She nursed SOOOOO much, even through the night (way more than Brynn did, even as a newborn) This time, I'm much less confident that breastfeeding is keeping me infertile, so we're much more cautious. Brynn will usually eat only once/night, and I remember reading that it is night nursing that is most significant in affecting fertility. I remember something about a 6hr stretch without nursing being a key #. We DEFINITELY have that now (no complaints, mind you!!!)

When Brynn woke up this morning, DH was still up from late night working on his thesis. He actually told me to go back to bed and he'd look after the munchkin, even though he hadn't slept. Sweet I, however, am crazy and declined... :LOL

MMMMM.... coffee is ready. Back later, when someone else is actually awake!
#124 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 10:01 AM

Miss Stinker Pants is now asleep. Of course.

Oh well, the coffee is good, and I am "alone" and enjoying lots of lazy web surfing time, as Tess still sleeps soundly.

Hmmm, perhaps these early mornings have their advantages??
#125 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 10:14 AM

Ooooooouch Karen! I'm so sorry! I hate wasps. Honey bees are ok, but wasps, no! I hope it heals up quickly! Owie.

We are getting the S5100 Fuji Finepix. We have the old 3800 and the 5100 is really even cooler, but out of stock at B&H.

Kathy - you are officially insane! But quiet early mornings have their appeal...

Jessi - will dh bring you back a kit this morning? Is it too early to test? Feel better quick, mama, no matter the cause!

Annie - we'll have to go through malama withdrawl together... very scary. Get the tylenol and hot packs out!!! (and maybe some chocolate?!)

Ok, squirming on my lap is making this hard :LOL So I'll chat more later! Caio!!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#126 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 10:58 AM

Jessi - Oh, I hope you are feeling better. Go take the test! And then, I second TCOYF! I won't use bc, due to the side effects it has on me, but I used that before Will, and it was great!

Karen - I hope your hand is feeling better. I don't care for wasps either, but we are more likely to have scorpions instead of wasps/bees.

Kathy - I love the quiet time in the am. We get super disappointed if the kids are awake when we get up from bed. I need that time to wake up in the morning.

Will did really well last night. He woke up at 1:15am or so, and DH just popped the paci in and rolled him back on his tummy. He went right back to sleep. Woo hoo. It feels really good to be getting a good night's sleep again.

Em is sitting up on the counter right now, singing the "In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps TOngiht" song, watching her daddy make chocolate milk. It is quite a sight. :LOL These toddlers can be a so much work, but are so cute too. She can be so frustrating, and then the next minute I am having a hard time not laughing.

Okay, time to get lunches. See you all later
#127 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Lopsided Yah, I need to name them like Andy did. Left is smaller and is the awake nurser, right is way bigger and makes milk faster and is the naptime and bedtime side. Left rarely fills, while right gets engorged overnight most nights. :LOL
Jess, even with letting Lauren nurse FOREVER on the left so I can type on the right, it still stays small. Go figure!

Karen, just check in and update us, you'll have to read 100 pages when you get home!!

Owww wasp. Yuck. oww!

Jessi, feel better!

Yah the magic number is 6 hrs at night, and at least 56 min. of nursing a day (we are WAY beyond that!). Gah I'm tired, Lauren and I went to bed at 9:30, she talked to herself and fussed and nursed again twice before 11, and finally fell asleep. Then dh took out the dog and the trash at 1 and woke me up, and I had a toothache. Then Lauren woke at 1:45, 4, 6, 7, and I finally got her back to sleep at 8. I am baking a cake. I do not want oatmeal or cereal or anything else. I want to eat cake with fudge icing. Eat until I puke.

And go figure, dh is still in bed too. Gah what I wouldn't give right now for 6 hrs of sleep.

LLL tonight, need to decide if I want to go. It's a closer to home meeting, so it might be ok.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#128 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:14 AM

Az - Jerry ordered our tickets today! YEA!! So it's $60 each, and we'll meet you at the gate! We'll probably leave w/ori's first nap, sometime between 7-8am, so we'll get there around 9-10am (I think it's about 2 hrs. for us and about the same for you. Laura - if you decide to go (they do have kiddie rides) let me know! We can always get more tix. We're talking about the 25th July. I made dh book it off, although he is such a pri** about stuff like that (well, what if Troy is coming down from Toronto?)... As if the world simply could not rotate w/out him sitting at his desk...

Ok, time to make some spelttoast! (that's french toast w/spelt bread) :LOL

#129 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Feel better soon, Karen and Jessi! (did I miss anyone who's ailing?)

Well, I'm off to the dentist at 11:15. Don't wanna go! MIL is coming to drive me and play with the baby. I hope she's okay with her. She's not used to MIL very much. She'd stay with Nana better, but Nana doesn't drive. And Mike really shouldn't take the time off work.

I'm more worried about my baby than the actual dentisting. Except that they're probably going to suggest I schedule a root canal, and they're probably going to give me abx which will give us thrush. I know I need the abx, lest my head rot off or something. This is one serious infection. Already started acidophilous.

Any advice? I've been reading about fillings and I'm going to ask for the composite. I'll take estrogen over mercury. I printed out the kellymom page on bfing and dental work. Wrote down phone #'s for LLL leaders and her ped, in case they don't trust the printout and are clueless about bf'ing safety of stuff. Debating whether to pack some frozen milk and the feeding cups in case MIL wants to try to feed her. I don't know how long I'll be in there. I wish I could have put this off until fall at least.

I hate teeth.
#130 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 AM

Hey now - you can check out the camera here (we didn't buy it here, but they have a great info site!)

Ori is sleeping, buit Beca is A my name is Andy and my husband's name is Alex we come from Alabama and we sell Apples B my name is Betsy and my husband's name is Bert we come from Boston and we sell Bananas... in the computer room. The rope is all over the place! :LOL

Have a great morning mamas!

#131 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:27 AM

Oh Jeni - most likely thay'll x-ray it, give you a perscription and send you packing. They can't do much work w/ the swelling. You;'ll be back there in a week - oh JOY! Sorry mama. I think you've done an excellent job prepping yourself (and the dentist) for how to handle it. Good Job!!! xxx andy

#132 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:33 AM

Lisa - I just heard from my mom that the theater will NOT allow a nursling in during a performance... is this a breach of NY State law that says that I am allowed to b'feed ANYWHERE in the state of NY? Acc'd to one site, the law says

"N.Y. Civil Rights Law § 79-e (1994) permits a mother to breastfeed her child in any public or private location. (SB 3999)"

So what do you think? Should I pay off the babysitter and bring the baby in protest? My mother would NEVER forgive me, of course...

#133 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:47 AM

One side isn't swollen though, so they might want to fill that at least to keep it from getting worse. Last time I did this I got a temp. filling same day.

Is it that they won't allow a nursling, or won't allow any baby? I think they are allowed to do that latter, but not the former.
#134 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Andy, where does your mom get her info?
http://www.lalecheleague.org/Law/Bills30.html spells it out for you, I say Ori can go. Of course they may insist on him having a ticket!

#135 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 AM

I'm very lopsided, but I always have been. I havn'e notcied the Miss E minds which side too much. She does like to turn her hips out when se nurses though, which is very annoying. she wants to nurse almost perpendicualr (at a right angle), which makes it hard to get anything else done whil she's nursing bevcuase she'll start slipping off my lap. She does the same thing if dh is feeding her, except he has her up higher, but she actually fusses until she turn her hips out : she even manages to get them somewhat turned outin the sling

Andy you had the same camera I have now. I really like it, bummer that you broke yours hopefully the new one if better. My mum has a really fancy one and I can't figrues it out : but then again neither can she :LOL

Anine glad to hear the visit went well August isn't too bad, at least they've got things rolling. The hpy colors that I got are, Berries (blues and purples) citrus (yellow and orange) applewood (browns and white) and treintayres (orange, olive, deep purple) and I want more but I really need to use what I have now. I'm thinking of making a button up sweater (I can't spell the "c" name ) with the applewood and longies with the berries other han that I don't know I'm getting closer to done with the longies I'm working on, I'm about a 1/4 way done with the 2nd leg. I did a nice large seedstich cuff on the completed leg and I have to say it looks very nice. DH is impressed. Last night he look Miss E over to his cousins and she was wearing the purple and hot pink shorties I made. DH's cousin wanted to know where I bought them not bad for a girl who only made scarves for years becuase I didn't think I had the skills to make anything else
When I was little I used to love to sleep in the small spaces, my sister and I were forever sleeping in our closet. They're were long closets but had a sloping ceiling so it was very cosey in the back, they were only as wide as a standard door. We used to have sleepovers with our cousins in there, 2 kids in each closet. We thought it was great So I don't think M's corner sleeping is al lthe odd

Karen I hope Noam can get his anger under control. Thats hard for everyone even adults I wish it were something more parents worked on with their ds instead of saying "they're just being boys" I'm appalled at some of the stuff boys do that is just brushed off like that. Like being male gives you the excuse to act like an animal (not saying Noam is, just generalzing)
I hope you enjoy your crazy vacation. I won't have internet access on mine no more like I thought about dusting off the lap top and bringing it but I don't have wireless. I really should have listened to my sister and got it then maybe the laptop would be used instead of sitting under my night stand collecting dust

Nicole I don't know how people live in that heat. I went to OK once and that was more than enough for me. I start complaing once it reachs 80

Jessi do you think it could be stress? I know you said things were getting busy at work. Maybe your body is just telling you to slow down. I agree you shoiuld get tcoyf (taking charge of your fertility) but I think every woman shoiuld read it even if you don't want to use the method in the book its great for figuring out your body.
BC I was supposed to go in a couple of Fridays ago for the minera iud and chickend out :

I'm sure there are most posts since I started typing

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#136 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Annie/Karen, how much would a place like this go for in auction? http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/wekeroad.html

#137 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 PM

Feeling better so far this morning. :fingerscrossed

TCOYF - does that involve taking your temp at the same time each morning after 6+ hrs of sleep? :LOL I did the whole temping thing while conceiving Evelyn, using www.fertilityfriend.com and I did learn a ton about my body. Fascinating. When Evelyn is a teenager I'll force her to temp and learn when she ovulates and all that stuff, just because it is so educational. Evelyn did have a while when she went 6 hrs without nursing at night, but not for weeks. She's been nursing every 2-4 hours. 56 min a day? Yes, counting nights. She's super-fast in the day but leisurely at night. I was verrrry happy with bcp before having Evelyn, so I think I'll go back on the progestin-only pill after well-woman exam in a month.

Time to go play with my baby, then maybe work from home for a bit to make sure I'm better before I go in. It seems I pooped out the sickies last night.

Andy, do you really want to take Ori? Enjoy the theater in peace.

Kathy, mmm coffee. Good for you for enjoying the morning.
#138 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Karen - ouchie! wasps/bees/hornets all give me the heeby geebies. I sure hope you do get to check it! we'll miss ya.

Jessi- sorry you aren't feeling well. So did you take a test or not? I think i'd be freaking and would want to know right away. I think i'd pass out if I got pregnant again

Kathy- I say the same thing every morning when I get Megan, she wakes up at about 5:30 every day and I say "it's a good thing you are so stinking cute!!"

Nicole- glad you are getting some sleep, don['t it feel good. Aren't toddlers a hoot, somedays I want to pull my hair out hen 2 seconds later she does something so cute that I give her loads of hugs!

Andy- I really want to go but I would have to convince him to go. It would be a long day, as I would need to bring my pump and do a pump sometime at least. Maybe in the car drive I could pump, only takes us about 90 mins or so to get there. I wouldn't have to pay for kaitlyn though, would I? she's only 2 years old. I'll take to him tonite and see if I can convince him. We survived 3 hrs at the zoo the other day with only one toddler meltdown, woo! so I guess it's possible.

Well my breast are doing better! I'm managing to get some pumped out and only had to supplement 4 ozs of formula yesterday versus 20 oz the day before. So I tried to nurse her yesterday, she was crying anyways and nothing I was doing was calming her, so I said what the hell. She took a few sucks here and there then starting screaming louder, then the tears came oh well
#139 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Aw Laura, sorry Megan still does not take to your breast directly. Poor baby doesn't know what she is missing. Good job on the pumping! 4 oz is hardly any. I hope you get to go meet Andy and Az.

Nope, didn't take a test. I'll probably pick one up today, although now I think it was definitely a stomach thing. I wanted to test, that's for sure, but didn't have my wallet to buy one. I had a checkbook, but who takes checks without an ID these days?
#140 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slygrrl
Miss Stinker Pants is now asleep. Of course.

Oh well, the coffee is good, and I am "alone" and enjoying lots of lazy web surfing time, as Tess still sleeps soundly.

Hmmm, perhaps these early mornings have their advantages??
Call me but despite the lack of sleep I really like the early morning...especially in the summer when it's light...it's cool and sunny and a great time to sit on the porch and drink coffee...by myself!
#141 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

I'm with you gals on the morning thing, the best thing Lauren does now is nurse back to sleep at 7 or 8 and sleep another 2 hrs. I can read MDC, my email, eat breakfast w/2 hands, and just stare outside, shower, do laundry, it's all MY TIME. It's about all the me time I get, so I take advantage of it. Sure, I could get 2 more hours of sleep, but honestly, I need that darn 3 hr. sleep cycle to make me happy, 2 hrs. just makes me frustrated.

#142 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:08 PM

thanks for all the hugs about my damn wasp sting. it's fine. my arm was all hurting last night and dh convinced me to take some benadryl just to make sure i didnt have a reaction. I was scared to co-sleep with that so I only took half a dose- now I have a benadryl hangover. oh well. maybe coffee can fix it.

kathy- it's not like you to get up so early! what's up! Luka wakes up early too, and then goes back to sleep after about an hour. I was just staying up during that time, but now I'm sleeping with him. I think my sleep deprivation is cumulative and now I can't stay up ANY extra :LOL

Jessi- doesn't sound to me like pregnancy, but it's always good to make sure. at least this has been a sort of wake up call for you! get thee some bc!

andy- they can't NOT let you take Orin- but those kind of people ARE uptight about things like getting up in the middle of a performance and stuff- or not letting you stand in the back to sway..... you gotta figure out what will work best for you. he'll surely be fine with a sitter, but if you're gonna be all anxious about that, then maybe not worth it?

Lisa- I'll ask dh about that auction- he's very interested in real estate and watches the whole state. my guess though? if it were regular on the market it would be at least 500K- probably even more-- last time there was an auction here, the things that sold were not "deals" everything went for high $$. real estate has gone crazy here in the last few years. AND, where that house is is spendy and beautiful!

Sheri- I never do that "it's a boy thing". I expect my boys to act like responsible citizens, just as I would expect girls to do the same. anger is anger and lashing out is inappropriate, regardless of gender.

Jeni- will Bea come to your appt with you? when I had all that dental work done when Luka was just born, I brought him with me and someone watched him in the waiting room. that way if it got REALLY bad, I could nurse him. I know it sucks.... truly

baby is hootin and hollerin over here. looks like he needs me
#143 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Ooh, Lisa -- I'm not sure about auctions, but I think that house would go for *at least* a million on Kauai, maybe more....when you think that a fifty year old single family home on Oahu is going for 600,000....Maui and Kauai are the most expensive islands. Plus, that house is in Princeville- $$$. NIce though!
#144 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:15 PM

I want to get dh a ergo baby carrier...wher did you gals buy yours?

I'm tired. Ruby coughed all last night, so dh and I took turns sleeping the guest room so we could get a little sleep. Ugh...I think if we have another night like this I'll keep her home...she's seems fine during the day and bored if I keep her low so I'm not sure the best way to tackle this cold (ie how do you keep a toddler from running). It's kind of weird too, 'cause if I hold her and rub her head or back she seems to calm down and stop...maybe I'll make dh sleep in the guest room tonight and see if letting her sleep in mommy's be bed helps...

hope everyone is feeling better. karen sorry about your wasp sting.

Annie- I meant to tell you the other day Violet looked so cute in the seat. What a beautiful chubby baby!

Kathy- I never got to say welcome back! You were definitely missed.

Jessi- I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I"m kind of religous about bc 'cause seems as soon as we stop we're pregnant (very fertile couple, I guess)

Back to work!
#145 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 PM

Annie, Nana reports that Evelyn doesn't use the bumbo anymore, so I'll try to get to the P.O. and ship it off to you this week.

Jess, we bought the ergo from myfavoritebabycarrier.com. They have a 90-day send-it-back-if-you-don't-like-it guarantee.
#146 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:32 PM

Jess I bought my ergo off of the TP. it was a demo version (this mama sells them at fairs and stuff), so new, but tried on. yesterday I realized why she was selling it- they've redone the ergos and have "improved" the design. more importantly though, I like the new colors better when I saw that, I considered selling the one I have and buying a new one. am I that vain?!?!? :LOL mine is coral, and I like the new cranberry much better. I also saw some on ebay (older one)
#147 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 PM

You also might want to check out the yahoogroup called babywearing SWAP. There are always ERgos on there going for cheap...people don't like the fit or whatnot.
#148 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:46 PM

PIcs of the violet soaker:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/IMG_0484.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/IMG_0488.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/IMG_0487.jpg

Karen, sorry about the wasp. Bite or stung? You can use a baking soda paste on it too, that'll help.
#149 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM

OMG Annie- she is so cute! I love her little pigtail.... can I eat her up?? is that a soaker you made? bought? very nice!

I did do baking soda. I did it all last night. not so bad. I'll survive.
#150 of 502 Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 PM

I like the cranberry one too...I wonder if dh will like it? Maybe I should get the black...to tired to be decisive....

I bought a kozy carrier when I was pregnant with Isabelle and it's too big for me and a little too crunchy for dh. So I was going to try and sell it but I wanted somethign to replace it (also I gave my neighbor my snuggli backpack 'cause I didn't like it so much and she really needed something better than her bjorn for 25 lb 7mo). I figure the ergo would fit both of us and we could use it for Ruby or Izzy...which would be nice for trekking around san fran (going over 4th of july weekend)

I like this smilie today

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page