#301 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa- bummer

Mary- your dh sounds wonderful

Jessi hmm I always seem to have an exiphany :LOL

two cranky babies=1 super duper cranky mom

here's where Megan has been hanging out on me. This is a few minutes before she finally passed out from sheer exhaustion, she just won't let go of me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...l/000_2766.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron
DH's word of the day: "Exiphany." It's for that bright idea you had just a few seconds ago, but now it's gone.
:LOL I'd define it as the moment you realize what an idiot you were for getting involved with your former SO.
#303 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:12 PM

Jessi, no, it just sucks to be us. It'd suck either way, because the pepcid drops out of the system fast and the prevacid takes a few days to build. But it shouldn't suck this bad! They did call back and the caps are in, I'm sending dh to get them and do grocery shopping as well.

And if I had any pepcid left I'd use it, but we literally used the last dose on Weds. morning before going to the GI. Last refill too, talk about timing that sucks!

Lauren has taken 2 naps today for a whopping total of 48 min. It's going to be a loooooooong night again I suspect.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#304 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Hello, mamas, just wanted to say hello.

Whew, it's been a tough week for some of us. Hopefully the weekend will be a little more like . . . well, the weekend, like it's supposed to be.

Hmm. I'm being summoned already, darn anyway . . .
#305 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:47 PM

Back. Everything has been crazy around here, I feel so behind (in everything, not just MDC!). s I've been keeping up with the posts, though. When things get hard for some of us (or most of us, all at once!), I wish that we were closer together. The other day I was thinking how nice it would be if more people had our philosophies toward children; maybe some of us wouldn't feel so isolated? I know sometimes I feel REALLY isolated. Not that people aren't tolerant, but I get tired of explaining myself, sometimes.

But maybe sometime someone will think about what I've told them, and do it themselves. Fiona, my helper, is really digging the ebf and EC, and LOVES wearing the babies. She wasn't sure she would cloth diaper her own, but then she saw the back pages of Mothering last week, and got all pre-hyena. :LOL And like Michelle and Pam have experienced, so many people comment on the wraps. I give them the mamatoto website and most people seem really eager to try it (especially after I tell them the fabric only cost me $10).

Oh, David is fussing for his dad. Let's see how long this lasts.

Kathy and Heidi, are you worried about the storm.

You gals can add me onto the list of bloggy people. I do it mainly to keep the IL's and grandmas happy, and to keep them off my back so they don't ask me for pix. Changed the address after the weird diaper thing (I'm highly Google-able), so it's now pitterpatterperiodical.blogspot.com.

I've decided that David wants boob.

Oh, KAREN: I'm liking the Wonderoos. I like their fit for Carmen. She doesn't use the thigh snaps, and they fit her so comfy.

Okay, BOOB, he says!
#306 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:54 PM

Hehe Mary, now I've opened a can of worms... I told dh that your dh went to ERU and he was "OH wow that would be cool, let's do that" and says that if I can figure out a way to make us poor enough to qualify for financial aid that he'd be glad to move to AZ or FL and go to school. We looked at the list of classes and maybe I'll get a degree there too I so love going to school.

SO now the task at hand... get rid of a lot of our belongings, sell stuff to pay out the debt we have, finish the house, get dh fired from his job so he can get some unemployment, hide all of our $$ in bank accts not in our name, and be poor for a full year to qualify for federal aid. HAR HAR!

Actually, my buddy did that. He had like $40k in savings from day trading while he was an undergrad. Took his gf and went to the Caribbean for a month and spent IT ALL so that he could qualify for financial aid when they got married. His MBA was free once he did that. What a vacation that must have been!

#307 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Now NAK. Just wanted to add that I love my DDDDC and that's it's still there!

So a hundred thanks to my DDDDC angel. You give me warm fuzzies every day.
#308 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 07:58 PM

Jessi, Michelle - "Exiphany" Haha that is soooooooo funny! Especially about the ex. Sounds like a good hasher name-- "Exiphany Wangdoodle". (I threw the wangdoodle in there cuz we're watching Wonka and it seemed to go)

Lisa- sounds like the shit (or puke in your case) is really hitting the fan over there. ((Hugs)) I wish there was some way I could help you.

LOVE the pic of Megan- that is hilarious. Violet is having one of those days too. So much so that the boys have been plunked down in front of the tube watching movies all day ( I hate that) because she is just needing all of my attention today. She finally crashed out after much nursing, rocking and walking at the same time.
#309 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Lisa - dh says aviation is a sickness not a career.... if you want to be a SAHM, aviation is not the way to go....... don't encourage him!!!! all of my friends up here that have dh's in aviation are relying on Kid care for their kids insurance and they don't have any for themselves....... most of us only have 1 car, etc....
i'm soooooo tired today..... I actually feel really nauseaous right now.... I'm totally crashing off my caffeine high and i don't want to drink anymore because its so late in the day.... Torin has not taken a good nap today...... but, he's not fussy........he is talking up a storm.........
I did manage to get in a beautiful walk......I hate staying in all day when its so beautiful here...........
#310 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 10:50 PM

Hehe Mary, I read that to dh, he says it is a sickness. I suspect we'd end up on public assistance if he did go fly now.

Annie, thanks, your help is flying over miles of ocean

Got the new meds, Lauren is still uncomfy but isn't freaking out from the flavor I think. And a bit of mylanta before bed and we'll all be happy.

G'nite mamas,
Lisa

#311 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 10:52 PM

Hi ladies. I'm a newbie here. I have an adorable January girl and her two big sisters. Just wanted to pop in and say HI.
#312 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 11:29 PM

Which do you like better? this high chair, or this one?

Different because one can be used through the years as a chair, while the other is useful for about 7 yrs and then it's too small for them. Hrmmm.. There's not much diff. in price, so... opinions???

Lisa - sorry about lauren That's awful, poor little girl. I sure hope she gets some sleep tonight (as she'll not be the only one!). I'm so sorry.

Mary - you too! Not sure what is up w/Tman, but if it's teething, try some boiron chamomilla ... works like magic!

Annie - YOU TOO! Geesh, is this a dix month thing??? I'm so Hugging you from here, mama! oh, and the good news is that your boys will love their day of tv and it's giving Viles a chance to have some serious mama time, which I dare say is scarce around your place! I hope she sleeps today for you at least a little!

I want to live in the caribbean in the winter, too... :LOL

How's LA Karen? Run into any big stars this week LOL?! We sure miss you around here...

Ok, best to post this and see what you mamas think of the high chairs I want. I think I'm just going to buy it, which ever, because dh says he can't make it for much less. Kind of a good thing, although it's alwyas nice to have a daddy-made item. Somehow it seems more...special?

caio mamas!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#313 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 11:35 PM

Hi Christy! We don't have any babies born on the 15th, I don't think. The 18th and then before that , but you can be our 15th mama!

andy

#314 of 466 Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csilvers1
Hi ladies. I'm a newbie here. I have an adorable January girl and her two big sisters. Just wanted to pop in and say HI.
welcome to the gang!
#315 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:14 AM

Andy I like the 2nd one better. I think the 1st would take up tons of space

Miss E has this fake cough thing going on.. She's on her tummy on the sheepskin fake coughing everytime I look at her :LOL She was going some pretend crawling today and eve scoothed on the bed, the "belly crawl" dh calls it

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#316 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 AM

Grrrrrrrrrr.... computer just ATE my post. bah.

ok, going to try to retype what I can remember. :
#317 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:19 AM

Welcome Christie!

I can't find my brain tonight. Baby will not stay asleep. She slept alot today, but she still seemed sleepy as soon as she got up every time. Nana and I got a lot done. Mostly cleaning out the house to fit the new bling in. I swore I wasn't gonna do this... have to freecycle at least some of it. Mike's got an almost 2 yo cousin and they keep giving us stuff. It's nice, but...

Poor Lauren, I hope it gets straightened out soon.

Hmm, I guess I'm not the only one on wakey baby duty today.

I cannot even begin to imagine a $40k vacation. I don't care how rich I get, I'll still be sitting in Perkins staring at menus trying to figure out whether I want to spring the extra $1.00 for a cup of soup or whatever.

Speaking of Perkins, we went last night and little girl was super crabby for me. Didn't sleep much all day, and it was high time for her to be going to sleep around when we were leaving. She might have been a little reflux-y too cause she was doing a lot of arching and screaming. I suspect either cranberry juice or pineapple preserves, dunno which is more likely, but that's what I was eating all day yesterday. So I walked her around outside, tried to sell her to passersby, tried to come back to the table and she didn't like that so we went out again, briefly considered finding some gypsies to sell her to, then she finally nursed to sleep. Mike told me on the way home that the two friends we went with (non-parents) were saying that I should pump so someone else can feed her a bottle. I'm not sure how that solves overtiredness and he tried to explain that she won't take bottles. "But... that's what babies do... they drink out of bottles" I don't think that was a direct quote, just the level of bewilderment. Oh, and of course, I'm too attached. There was some weird comment about PPD made too, but I'm not sure what it was. :
#318 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:20 AM

Oh, she's SO cute! Little faker ha ha! Ori sometimes does a little choke'n'cough and then coughs a few 'extra' times, and does this sidelong look just to see if anyone bothered to notice HAHA. We went for a nice walk in the drizzle tonight.

I like that second one a little better too, tbh. and there's nice ones out there, but they're like 200$, so... I don't think dh will go for that

I bought a new drum today...it's got SUCH wonderful tone...I gotta say, my old one sounds downright FLAT next to it. BUT a friend of mine, a chief in a Venda village, his son made it for me, so it'll always be very special, even if it sounds like crap and isn't technically tuneable... oh well. Now I have one I can really PLAY on, kwim?

Back to searching for hgh chairs. ebay sucks for high chairs...too bulky, maybe.

#319 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Andy I like the 2nd one better. I think the 1st would take up tons of space
Exactly what I was going to say....

PM
#320 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:29 AM

Love the pics of the twins!! So cute and chubalicious Reminds me of my wee one

Welcome, Christie!! I was due in January, but I am actually a February mama...

Mary & Lisa - my bil is a pilot. He is always trying to figure out a way to get a different job. Of course, his schedule isn't too shabby in my book. He just hates it. I think it is because he loves to fly, but he hates having it as his job. Also the industry is not very stable...

Aine has been a bit clingy today. I think her teeth are REALLY bothering her. She is sleeping now. She would take my hand, chew on the finger, then shake her head back and forth while holding my finger on her gums. It must hurt (I sometimes rub her gums, so I think that is what she was trying to do)...

Love Megan's pics. The sisters look a lot alike.

Must run....So much to say and not enough time to ever type it all. Please forgive my lack of time when I don't shout out to everyone...

PM
#321 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Ok.... here goes. Of course, I was *just* about finished the last post when the screen shut down somehow (what kind of wierd key did I hit for that to happen???)

Anyway...

Brynn's teething has eased off a bit the last couple of days (woo hoo!), although the early wake-up's & early bedtimes are still a sign that something is a bit off. I'm not complaining, mind you - - teething woes can be FAR more pronounced than this! Her gums are less swollen/red, so who knows when that first tooth will pop. If she's like her big sister, we could still have a good 2 1/2 months to go!

Andy and Jessi, thanks for the compliments about my photo-taking! I *love* taking pictures, and would one day love to learn more about photography. My dad was/is a camera bug, so I come by it naturally I guess. It feels great to know that you actually look forward to seeing them ~ I always feel a bit shameless in my photo sharing ... hee hee.

Andy, I'd go with the second chair. Nice & compact! I agree, Daddy-made things are special ... on the other hand, it's nice sometimes to just buy it ready-made. Depends on how quickly you want it, I guess! DH makes a lot of things ~ book shelves, walk-in closets, bird houses, bat houses... it's neat to see him putting things together! I sand really well... that's about it :LOL

Christie - welcome to our group! I look forward to getting to know you and your girls.

Karen, I hope your MIA status means that you're having a terrific time in LA! Can't wait to hear your updates

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that Lauren's going through such a rough spell. It must be truly awful to see her so unhappy & uncomfortable. I hope the new capsules do the trick and that she's feeling a lot better soon! Hang in there, Mama.

Laura, love that picture of Megan! All of your pictures today were great. I love all the photo-sharing that's been going on.... keep 'em coming, everyone!

Joyce, thanks for asking about us re: the storm. It doesn't look like we're going to be hit too hard, but you never know. Here in AL we tend to get loads of tornados when these types of systems go through. *keeping my fingers crossed* that it doesn't get too bad. Heidi, hope you're going to be ok too!

hmmm.... going to post this before the evil computer steals it away again!
#322 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Andy- I was sorta liking the first one, cause you could use it as a little table later on...but then people mentioned the space thing, so I dunno? The second one doesn't look very sturdy to me (says mom of boys).

Oooh, we are having the grumpiest baby day here. Not a happy little diddy at ALL. Its totally her teeth She's also had a touch of the squirts, and a mild fever. I still think its teeth - but maybe she has a little bug too. Oh and we caught lots of pees today! And a poo! I noticed that sometimes she has these little hard white things that come out when she pees??? At first I thought that it was just vag. mucous, but I poked em with a chopstick, and they are hard. Wonder what that is? Yuck! (sorry, if TMI)

Welcome Christy!!

Uhhhh, what else. I don't know. Grumperstin McGrumpstein calls...
#323 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 AM

Ooh, hang in there Kathy!!! We've been through a couple tropical storms, but not yet a hurricane (knock on wood). Be safe!!
#324 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 12:55 AM

Ooooooh! Forgot to mention - - add Miss Brynn to the amazing Babylicious Sitters! Pillows are there for the odd "oops!", but she's pretty much flying solo ~ she went from wobbly to sturdy in one day! (hmmm.... I'm beginning to suspect that some of her snoozy/nursing/restless stuff could have been milestone related, too....)

DH took Tess to the outdoor movie tonight. She was so proud, going out with her Daddy. I was tempted to go, but decided that it would be nice to have a quiet evening at home. I think I was right
#325 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 AM

before I head off to do some weights, I wanted to share this picture of my smiley gal from this afternoon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../brynnbaby.jpg

OK, off to lift!
#326 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 AM

Hey now! Awesome pic of the smiley miss B.! How come whenever I get the camera together and ready, Orin is just staring at me like I'm an ALIEN??? But today he wasn't too smiley...just a little bit smiley. I think he was pretty mad about last night. It was a rough night and early morning and kind of a rough day, but he did take a loooong afternoon nap (exhaustion?) and then fell asleep at the boob at dinner (thank god for boppys!) so I think he's into sleeping it off. It was a BIG cry yesterday (I don't think he's EVER cried that much poor little fella).

I'm not actually in any hurry to get the chair, since the little blighter can't even sit yet, and he's taking tastes of food, but not really eating (well, I smashed up an avo and he ate some, and some squash too - he likes the squash, but really he's not eating enough to justify a high chair), so my guess is it'll be mid august or even sept. before we're well into needing it...AND we have the clip on that'll work for a while (until about 20 lbs, I think). so it's more about being obsessive and researching and finding opinions and needling it to death before making a decision...the good news is that there's only like 2 choices for the covertable chairs, which is what I'd really like to get. The more expensive one is prettier, and has a wooden guard in addition to the straps, which the cheaper one doesn't have. It's double the price so I'm not jumping at it just yet. THANK YOU for your opinions. I trust you mamas more than any I know here in Albany...everyone here has cutsey little chairs that cost $300 and were hand painted and are basically plywood w/a varnish or the cheapey plastic ones that really don't last and aren't something you want to keep, anyway... Beca completely trashed hers after about 2 yrs. It was great for those two years, but it cost like $100 CAN and by the end it was totally garbage. The seat cover was washable but not removeable, so it got super grimy underneath it and eventually started to kind of rot the cushion from the bottom (euwww).

Annie - sounds a little like ketosis (protein in the urine). Wonder why??? Are you eating differently?

Good luck you stormin mamas! I hope you get some fun wind and rain, but not so much that it's problematic!!! I love a good storm, myself

caio! andy

#327 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 02:59 AM

Cristi - Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Andy - Do you use the little pellets of chamomila or the liquid? We tried the pellets today, but I am not sure they are working, so I thought I would ask. I like the one that become a table and chair. Em loves having furniture her own height. Makes her feel more independent, I think.

Lisa - Sorry about Lauren. I hope tonight goes better. I am sending sleepy and no refluxy (is that a word?) vibes!

Sitting - Will is not doing well in this category. I think he really wants to just walk already. He sticks his feet straight out stiff in front when you try to get him to sit.

Kathy - She is adorable!

Okay, I better post this so I can get some sleep before Will inevitably wakes up.

Hope all sleep well tonight!
#328 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 AM

Anybody else up ou t there ? I'm feeling quite lonely as even the dog will not wake up with us...we've been up for a while over here.

#329 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 08:44 AM

yup i'm up
feeding babr
#330 of 466 Old 07-09-2005, 08:45 AM

babe