Janulicious July #1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 466 Old 07-02-2005, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Sheri, bummer! Try theecstore.com - they have all the cool colors.
thanks I'll take a look

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#62 of 466 Old 07-02-2005, 11:18 PM

And the clear potty that we are in love with here! heidi
#63 of 466 Old 07-02-2005, 11:19 PM

I am posting again cause I just realized shari has 800 plus posts, and I only have 235 posts. That is so lame. I have been on here constantly for a year, and I feel like I talk up a storm! I am done with long posts, girls....snippets from here on out, snippets I say!
Heidi
#64 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 AM

Heidi - I totally get you on the whole number of posts thing. I have somewhere in the 300 and I post at least twice a day!

So does anyone else feel like they bleed moeny? DH needed new pants for work, since he recently lost 20 pounds, so he got those and you have to get good ones so they last. Today our lawn mower died and we had to get a new one. Ugh. Seems like it never ends.

Will was really good today. While we were shopping for pants, I was wearing him in the mei tai, and got a ton of questions on where I got it. I just tell them that a friend in HI made if for me. (THANKS AGAIN KAREN! ) We love it. Then I get asked where his legs go. He loves riding in it.

Okay, we are really tired tonight though. Slim decided not to sleep last night very well, so off to bed I go!
#65 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 01:25 AM

Ha HA! I thought I'd refreshed the screen, but maybe I didn't...unfortunately I didn't even get to drink CHOCOLATE milk today (well, chocolate silk) tho I bought some on Friday... but seriously,I don't know what happened. I've written it down and pasted it into my spiral so I can't lose it. I'm not sure that was the one we tried before.

this sound familiar anyone?

Some flour - warm it in a pan. add marge. simmer. Add liquid ingredients. simmer. add nut. yeast. etc. Maybe it was Karen? Just would figure to be the one person here who doesn't have her recipe book w/her! LOL!

Karen - how is food going? no wheat? and for the boys? Is it hard to travel food-wise? How is Luka doing in sposies? no rashes?

Az - we got the clear one too. and we love it too! and once on their site they had some other cute stuff for the babe...I got the litle leg warmers for next winter (the bears one) and a night shirt that is SO SO cute!!!

Is anyone waiting for me to send out pics of the bmt blanket??? I can't remember ... man, do I ever need some long sleep sessions... it doesn't even matter what time I go to bed, 'cause he NEVER gives me 8 hrs. in a row. EVER. So I may as well stay up and chat with ya'll.

Hey - did anyone else send in their diaper hunt stuff? Some of the links on the list didn't work fo rme, and I had to re-hunt, but I got 50, I think. Which I think qualifies me for a 3rd place? drawing... oh well. it was fun finding all the diapes and some of the sites were awesome!

Lotsa little weeny posts mamas...and you have to post on other forums. Games is good, and parents as partners. Heidi - I think you read more than you post (and you do post longies...so it feels like more than it is...), you're online time is long, but it isn't counting Soon, mama! Hey - I thought I saw you today. Not on TV or anything, like in this amazing plant store I went to. It was weird. I was in the perrenials section and there you were! The woman had on a shawl thing (it was cooler here today, about 73) that looked like a sling, but w/out a baby, over a pretty light blue print dress, sleveless. It just seemed like you. It totally tripped me up.

Oh, and I had a dream at naptime today (I love naptime...) - there was a party in a restaurant I went to once on Zanzibar, open w/screen on all sides, picnic type tables. The back area had a bar and bathrooms, something else...maybe a pool table? Anyway, a bunch of us were there, but the weird thing was our babies were NOT the same age. I mean Luka was there and he was like 4, but Ori was only about 6 mos. Brynn and Izzy were both there and were the same age, Kaitlyn was there but megan wasn't...it was freaky.

Where the heck is Mary? I ddddc'd her! I want to SEE that ddd! Oh well... it was kinda hokey anyway.

Ok, maybe time for a chapter or two of my sweedish murder mystery... g'nite!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#66 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 07:14 AM

Just checking in real quick. Been busy busy lately. Off to the inlaws all day yesterday, gotta pack up today and go to a wedding reception this afternoon, then to NJ to Mike's grandparents tonight through tomorrow. And Tues. MIL will be here. I don't think you'll see much of me for a while.

Cake smashing: It's a big tradition in our family. I dunno, I wonder if I can get something that looks like a cake out of rice flour and pureed sweet potatoes or something, with a token amount of cocoa. I don't imagine I can make anything without eggs or butter that will taste good, but I figure it doesn't matter if she actually eats any, it's just the playing with it that everyone wants to see. Make frosting with bm and no one will want to taste it to see anyway.

We're thinking we might do something big for the birthday. We never had a wedding, and no religious baby welcoming ceremony thing, so it might be nice for once to have a big shindig to invite all the relatives too.

Birth music: I ended up listening to Liszt during labor. I asked Mike what I should put in that was relaxing and that's what he suggested. Then some weeks or months later, I was mentioning that and he said "yeah, that was reall a$$holish of me" and I was like ?? And he mumbled something about that being the least relaxing music he could think of. Sometimes I wonder if that didn't have a lot to do with sabotaging things. Or just his negative energy in general. Anyway, for a song to actually represent it... I don't know. But it's probably going to be some freaking angry punk music.

Ugh. I should go back to bed for a while I haven't really slept well in days.
#67 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 AM

Andy
is this the one

mac n "cheese"

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch of turmeric
1/4 cup oil
1 cup nut yeast

in pan melt margarine over low heat. beat in flour with whisk and continue to beat over a med flame until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Whipe in 3 1/2 cups boiling water, salt, soy sauce, garlic poweder, turmeric till dissolved
The sauce should cook until it thickens and bubbles. Then whip in oil and nut yeast.

Mix w/ 3 1/2 cups cooked macaroni in a casserole dish. Sprinkle top with paprika and bake for 15 minutes ina 350 preheated oven. Put in broiler for a few mintues till cheese sauce gets stretchy and crisp
#68 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 08:42 AM

Yes!!!

But if this one is yours, whose was the 'other' one ...

Thank you Laura!!! It's in the spiral! In fact, it's time for me to get a new spiral...

Good morning mamas! Oh yeah, we wide awakey. Been awakey for a while, but until he's had a change, two feeds etc. we don't even try the computer. as it is, he complains mightily. oh well.

Have a great trip Jeni! We're here when you get back!!! And good luck... the music thing doesn't sound like intentional sabo. to me, just maybe not on the ball and kinda freaked by the moment. It took me a LOOOONG time to realize and integrate Jerry's feelings about the birth...just 'cause they don't/won't talk about them doesn't mean they don't have them.

Yikes! Squirming right off my lap over here...caio!

#69 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 08:50 AM

Welcome back Heidi- sweet picture

Andy- weird dream. I couldn't find lots of stuff on some of those sites, I swear they didn't put it in there. I was a few short to qualify but thats ok, it was fun

Nicole- yup we've been bleeding money here really bad. We were just talking about it yesterday and trying to come up with ways to make some extra money, then we got the mail and our mortage payment is going up 300 bucks more a month that just hit hard

Kathy- I know Kaitlyn loves baby neptune and old mcdonald and Megan loves it too. Gives me some time to get stuff done.

Annie- wow when you put it all in one line, you did have one rough month s

Karen- glad to hear you finally made it to the island.

fireworks- I could care less about them. Larry likes them but we most likely won't be doing them.

names- nothing special in our naming storing. We had a hard time agreeing on names for Megan. All the names I suggested he didn't even want. I thought of Megan and he didn't shoot it down but didn't say yes. THe names he wanted i said no way! He wanted Lauren, yes pretty name but with Laura, Laurence and a Lauren in the family eeks that would be crazy :LOL poor K would feel left out, then he wanted Lori Lei, again same issue. So after I gave birth everyone kept telling him "you know she really loves Megan for a name" and Elizabeth is for my great grandmother and his moms name. So he just gave in.

birth music-she came too fast for me to even think of it. I did have some cd's while in the hospital. I probably would have put on my LOTR soundtrack :LOL but everything just ended up happening so fast I didn't think of it.

cakes- I have no problem with her with cakes but I don't want her eating it considering she hasn't even started solids yet, so I know she won't be ready for it in 3 mths. Maybe I'll give her a big avacado to play with

Here's a hypothetically situation. Lets say your dh left out a rice dish on the counter overnite, what would he do about it? Eat it or throw it out?

I was busy yesterday making another sling came out a little better than the first. Made the straps wider. Came out a tad lopesided but not hugely. I'll get a pic sometime. MIL is coming over today
#70 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 08:51 AM

that one was from that new farm vegetarian cookbook. I think I posted another one also that I never tried? hmm let me go see
#71 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 AM

Laura - My DH would totally throw it out. He is so worried that he might get food poisoning or something. He left the cork off the wine a couple of days ago, put it in the fridge that way and then last night asked me if it had gone bad. I don't think wine can go bad!

Diaper Hunt - I got one. I tried to find others but it was too frustrating to go through a whole site and never find a single thing. So I stopped looking.

Cakes - I let Em do the whole cake thing. She didn't really do much, but she did lick the frosting off her hands. I plan on letting Will do it. (who, by the way, reached his six month day on Friday ) For Em's school, I plan on trying to make pretty healthy cupcakes, or banana muffins. They really don't want them to have sweets, but I figure that if I send something healthy, they are okay with it.

Okay, off to exercise. We do a family run every Sunday and with the heat being well over 100 in the middle of the day, we better get it done early.
#72 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 AM

Bleeding money - that's the word of the year around here. Recently (like the week my last paycheck came) we made a budget. And of course it was only "necessities" and was still $200 over what dh makes each month. And it was only for bills, house, utils, food, and such, not for clothing, cars, emergencies, etc. So we are living on that budget - because the lady upstairs pays rent, and really we need her $ to fix up the house, but we'll use her $ to meet the budget first and then use the rest on the house. Just means I won't get siding or windows for 4 more years, and by then she'll be dead.. she's OLD.

Food left out: dh will eat ANYTHING. Ok most anything. Rice dish, sure, it'd go in the micro for like 3 min - he says "3 min in the micro will kill anything growing on there" and he'll eat it. He's eaten cooked meat that was left out all night, meat leftovers that were in the fridge for over a week, anything non-dairy out all night is ok for him, etc. BUT he won't eat things that smell funky. I guess he has a small standard. and amazingly he's never gotten sick from this. I on the other hand won't eat anything left out all night, unless it's pretzels or similar.

Back to working on the kitchen today. Instead of church we're going to have "quiet moments with God" while we work on scraping wallpaper and sanding stuff.

Oh and I think I missed saying happy half birthday to Will and Violet, anyone else so far?

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#73 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 11:38 AM

ok. only a skim of posts. I'm in the bathroom again : and R has Luka, who he says is ready for a nap. gotta be quick!

we're eating everything andy. the wheat doesn't seem to be making a difference- no rashes or anything. when we were in CA he seemed extra fussy and I thought it might be that, but now that we're a little mellower (i.e. not n a city and shelpping to a new place every night) he's very smiley and happy all the time - I think the regular naps are helping too. he's great.
its a good thing, too, because pil are feeding us WELL. we had a mega lobster dinner last night- yummmm and tonight I think we're going to the "club". woo hoo. I LOVE to eat!

Nicole- so glad you are using the mei tai!
Heidi- get posting!
Annie- in addition to Hale, there's also a book called the Nursing Mother's Herbal. I have it at home and it's focused on only herbs.... it's a good book- recommended by LLL and all.

ok. here's the babe
#74 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 12:20 PM

Poll: um, I can't tell. Sometimes dh will eat stuff that I wouldn't touch w/bare skin, and other times he's really picky. I think if it was just plain white rice, he'd eat it. Do the wave, like Lisa's dh. But I'm going to hedge my bets because he can surprise me...

Whew! Thanks for the recipe Laura. I was seriously wondering if I was losing it, maybe I'd dreamed it?

It takes a long time to write on 16 postcards :LOL

Karen - glad to hear your food problems are over! And that Luka is his own happy self again I love happy people!!!

Violet was born on the 31st, right? So what happens - does her monthday become the last day of the month, even if that's a different date? HAPPY MONTHDAY VIOLET AND WILL!!!

Heidi - don't forget to put your pics in for the reverse swap! Nicole, did you bail??

Waiting for my boy to awaken - he's been down almost 2 1/2 hrs. now... oh where, oh where could my sleepy boy be, oh where oh where could he beeeeeee? With a tush so small and his eyes so sparkley, oh wheeeeeere oh where could he be.......

Have a great Sunday mamas! Andy

#75 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 12:23 PM

Hmm.. I need just under 150 posts to make it to senior... that's only 5 a day. I can EASILY do 5 a day and be a senior by the end of July!

Come on Heidi, you can do it! Just post individual replies to EVERYONE!

#76 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 12:58 PM

Yeah Andy, I bailed. Things got hairy at work and I really couldn't figure out what to put up for the swap. I am so sad about not being able to participate. Maybe later on in the future.

I am beginning to think that my folks can't have a normal vacation. Last time they went out of town, my brother got arrested. This time, they went to Lake Powell and accidentally ran the boat over a rock. Now they are taking on water and racing back to the dock. So everyone think big floaty vibes for them. (insert worried smilie here)

Goodness, I love 3 day weekends. More time to spend with DH and Em. Gotta go!
#77 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 01:39 PM

Andy - the "bargain" potty at the ec store (ebay has them too) are narrower than the bblp so Ori's little bum won't fall in. Lauren is sleeping too.. since 11. That's 2 hrs. now, maybe she'll keep going.

Nicole, yikes, your poor parents! I'm sending them styrofoam boosting vibes to make it to shore.

Going to make that mac'n'cheese, just need to figure out what to use instead of soy sauce.

Oooh and I posted a ton of other boards.. I'm going to get my senior title someday!!

#78 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 01:41 PM

Hi all. We are definitely headed out to fireworks. DH lives for fireworks.

I couldn't pick a song for Kaia's birth per se, but during labor we used a chant to help me time my breathing. It's called The Midwife's Chant and it's off one of teh Reclaiming collective CD's:

We turn the wheel to welcome her
Every breath is sacred
Opening, we welcome her
Every breath is sacred
As we walk these ancient paths
Every breath is sacred
We are stronger than we know
Every breath is sacred

It worked very well to slow down my breathing during contractions. Breathe in on the first line, out on the second. Got some weird looks from nurses, but it kept me grounded.

I'll probably make a low sugar fruit or veggie based cake for Kaia's first, with an organic cream cheese frosting, applesauce or carrot cake, most likely.

I'm a full 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Norwegian, with a good chunk of Irish, then English/Danish/German/euromutt

Andy, I'm done w/ Northern Lights. Do you want me to mail it back, or was there a next person in line to borrow that I should send it on to?

Annie: You need an id tag on your kitty, girl! Saves a whole lot of trauma... Want me to send you one? I haven't had much chance to work on my spinning, but I'm going to make DH play with K this weekend at the Scottish games, and I will do some then. I'll send measurements when I feel I've got enough yarn for a fair trade You might try motherwort tincture for occasional breakthough anxiety. Dosage (according to Susun Weed) is 5 drops in a glass of water, repeated as needed, no more than 4 times a day, and daily not more than a week (can be habit forming). Safe during nursing, as is scullcap, but scullcap is sedating, whereas motherwort is not.

Karen: Glad your trip is going well.
#79 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 01:49 PM

oops : didn't realize DH was logged in...
#80 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Being
I am posting again cause I just realized shari has 800 plus posts, and I only have 235 posts. That is so lame. I have been on here constantly for a year, and I feel like I talk up a storm! I am done with long posts, girls....snippets from here on out, snippets I say!
Heidi

I am sooooo with you. I have been on for a few years. At first I was just a lurker. Now I must write more often...

PM
#81 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
oops : didn't realize DH was logged in...
I was soooooo confused there for a minute

Glad you are back!

PM
#82 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:23 PM

We are majorly bleeding money. Lisa, we did the same thing, but we weren't so good about sticking to the budget. wE just got notice that our taxes will change our mrtg pmt. Luckily dh is getting a raise, but it is disappearing fast!! I now have a new budget and I am insistent about sticking to it!! :

So many traveling mamas. We are here until August/September when we will head to MI. Ds,DD & I will extend the trip with a visit to my sister in VA.

Not much else to say...

Aine is 5 months today I rode my bike with Eamon in the trailer to the grocery store this morning. Aine apparently missed me terribly, because she just cried for dh She stopped immediately when he put her into my arms
#83 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:30 PM

You gals are so funny - I think it's like looking for love... it just won't happen when you're looking for it, kwim? All of a sudden I had like 970 posts! Last I'd looked I had 380... so when you get in a groove it goes really fast.

Thanks for the news on the bblp Lisa - now that we have the other one I do like the clear, so I think I'll just stick w/what we have. Some day that tiny tush will fit!

Michelle - that was wonky - I thought maybe you'd changed your username until I saw the slingwearing daddy part (and the mailman's baby thing - that's :LOL ).

Does anyone want Northern Lights on CD? FWIW, I thought it was a good story.

Nicole - did you see the stuff I posted? Mostly stuff we've grown out of, not using, was gifted to me, I've read or watched already, or that we have duplicates of (books etc.). It does take a bit of organizing to get it together and cleaned up. I think Heidi has a big box in her closet - mine is here in the computer room. Once the box is together it's easier to add stuff to it...kwim?

Well, the little fella is back asleep - and we're back on the 2 hr. sched. ho hum... I wanted to go play tennis, but between getting a few things done around here, nursing and napping we can't seem to get out of the house! Ug.

Ok, chat more later mamas... andy

#84 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:31 PM

Oh Lisa - try worcesterchire (sp?) sauce?

#85 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:32 PM

I forgot to add that ds had bblp butt ring today. He was using the potty, stood up and had the telltale ring :LOL
#86 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:52 PM

Loooove-a da butt ring!!! :

Hey - missed the 5 monthday for Aine - happy monthday little one!

#87 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 PM

Andy, yah I thought about the ws sauce, but it has "caramel color" in it (at least the bottle in our fridge does!) which is usually a dairy thing. Bah! I found a soy sauce sub. - 8 oz. molasses (I used blackstrap so it turned the mac'n'cheese a funky brown color), 3 oz. balsamic vinegar, and sugar to taste. It smelled about right, so in it went. I put the rest in a bottle in the fridge, might as well get some use from all the baby bottles!

#88 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 02:58 PM

- eh, why not?! Sounds like that mix might work...

Hey - I forget to say, don't forget to mark Geneva and Abigail's card CANADA or it's going to get sunk into the postal void...

#89 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 03:06 PM

hi all,
it's the day of mini naps over here. Luka is not sleeping well today yet.

dh and I took him to town (nearby walk) in the jog stroller our friends scored for us. it's been great and he's been falling asleep in it a lot. well we were crossing the street and pop- off came something. who knows what. then again a pop and the whole thing started to collapse : :LOL AND of course Luka had just fallen asleep in it. What kind of parents are we to get a used stroller and then not check all of the nuts and bolts??? anyhow, I think we've got it ok now.

dh says he feels like we're in a zoo here of preppies. everyone is all prepped out here.... very UNlike HI!

I think many of us overspend our budgets. I would say that every other month or so the cc bill is too much and there's always that Something that had come up. but there's almost always a Something. ugh

Luka didn't poop for 5 days.... this am, he did, and of course with a sposie on- up the back. yuck. took a bath to get cleaned up. we were WAY beyond wipes!
#90 of 466 Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM

Morning all!

Wow chata roonies here today!! We have been so busy this weekend I haven't had much time to post - went to a pool party yesterday - the boys are still crashed out from all the excitement. I'm downstairs having a quiet moment. Violet is on the floor crawling backwards and blowing raspberries to herself :LOL

Posts: It took me like a year to get to 60 posts. Then I met you all and also the ladies in the yarn forum and well - it just took off. I have no idea how I'm at 2000 almost!

Michelle - go ahead and send Kaia's meas anyway. I already dyed the yarn and I;m excited to make it. Thanks for the herb info. I should go get some motherwart. I like skullcap too. I actually like the sleepy feeling that it gives :

Dh gave me a lecture on Kava yesterday. Apparantly Kavakava is the whole plant, and its not as good to use that medicinially. Better to use just the root - which is called "awa" (sp?) Anyway, he's telling me about this place here called the "ava bar" where you can go sit around and take this stuff and its a very traditional Hawaiian thing. Like he's some sort of Kava expert. Weirdo.

Poll: The only reason dh wouldn't eat the rice is because it would be covered in ants if left out all night. Otherwise anythign is fair game as long as its microwaved. Oh, and an ant will live if microwaved for 3 minutes. well....I dunno, maybe it might die later on of radiation oisoning or something...

We had a vegan wedding cake. It tasted like cornbread and it was yummy. I'll probably make something like that for V's first b-day.

Does Bragg's have wheat in it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page