Janulicious July #1 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG

Took E to the DR & IT'S NOT HEAT RASH

He has a viral rash........thanks ladies for all the advise & I have been airing him out (:LOL)

**SIGH**
#122 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 01:06 PM

Bummer Lori - What did the doctor say to do? He's a strong little fella, so I'm sure he'll make a complete recovery quickly. Does the rash bother him? How did the doctor diagnose it (other symptoms?)?

Dh says PAH to the no-rice eaters. what a dunce. Ori is very needy-feedy today.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#123 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 01:45 PM

We picked out a chicco highchair. We looked at that fisher price one and that would have been our 2nd choice. I looked at the peg-perregos because the ldy that lived next door to us had twins and she had them and they were great. But they must have changed the design or something because the tray was so hard to get on and off. Andy we wanted to get one of those hNG ON the table chairs bu they won't work with our table I'd love to get one of those kinderseats but they say they're not good until 18mths, which is why we were looking for a booster to fill the gap. DH gets very annoyed (angry) very quickly with baby stuff that doesn't work easyily the way he wants it to. So I wanted to make sure that things were easy to use with no sticking and dh could figure it out. And the booster sets just did not make the cut, to tell you the truth they were frustrating to me too

ANDY (thats from Christopher)

I got peed all over again yesterday. She peed right out of the side of the diaper all over my undies at breakfast

When we were looking at highchairs there was another couple there and the wife liked the ones with toys and the dh told her that he didn't think they needed that 'cause it would teach the babe that would confuse the babe about meal times and play times ( mystery dh) the wife semi-won they didn't get the hichair with all the music and tons of toys but the one with the gymini like bar over it

I've got a poo to change and I just got peed on again (maybe I should use some covers now and again) I had loads more to say but

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#124 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM

That "poo" that I just changed wasn't much more than a wet fart and she was grunting ang grunting to do it. Well I brough her in to dh to tell him that I thought she was consipated, diaperless, standing on the kutchen counter and plop plop plop she's pooing :LOL it was a 5 paper towel clean up and a but spray in the sink

Mr C says he's going to HI with Louie and singing this little song to go along with it

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#125 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 02:15 PM

My chiropractor's sister had her 7 month old EBF baby removed from her home after a fall resulting in a broken leg. Scary. The poor mama already felt like a monster for letting it happen, then wham! Then again, this chiropractor is the one who suggested Ezzo as the solution to my milk supply problem, so who knows what shape baby was in.

I harvested and put up some scullcap tincture yesterday. I'm so excited. I felt too sick last year to harvest when it was in bloom. I've got a little jar of scullcap, and a mixed jar of scullcap, lemon balm and chamomile steeping. My garden is just gorgeous this year, tomatoes, peppers, herbs, grapes, flowers. DH had to go in to work for 4 hours today. I'm impatiently waiting for his return. Might have to go back to LA, as now my grandma is sick.

http://www.dandelioncircle.org/4gen.jpg
#126 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 02:53 PM

Michelle - how can you bear to leave such a garden! Mine in canada was great like that. we have too many trees here... great picture of the gals!!! you all look so happy and together! I hope grandma feels better quickly!! andy

#127 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Morning mamas!

Ooh, Lisa, I wonder what you wanted to tell me??? Now you've peaked my curiosity! Its probably better that you wait on the vaxes. My PED (gasp) actually told me to wait until Makai and Violet were at least two and had been allergy tested before going the vax route, given Kobe's history. I would go the same route with Lauren. I think Violet might have allergies too. She's been kinda snarflly ever since she was born, and when she cries hysterically, she gets hives on her face.

We have the Fisher Price high chair. I think its good, but then I don't really care too much about high chairs : I like it because it has a dishwasher tray : :

Lori, little spotty viral rashes are common in babies. I wouldn't worry about it. Easier said than done, I know.

So, we have a black bblp, and Makai uses it more than Violet. Actually she's pooped in it, but refuses to pee in it. Heather, that is AWESOME about Eamonn. Kai is nowhere close to being out of diapers, but he's getting there.

Haha! Violet has destroyed the pages of one of the boy's coloring books, and now she is very gingerly and tenderly eating one of the pages!

Karen, sounds like a fun trip - celebs and all! Glad you're having a good time!

Well, we're off. We have to go in to the hospital today to get all of Kobe's celiac tests done, then we're off to the beach to hang and see fireworks.

Have a great day everyone!!!
#128 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 03:42 PM

Andy......he just looked at it & asked us how long E has had it & we told him it spread. He doesn't seem bothered by it so I must TG for that.

Az ~ I have been fooled by many wet farts :LOL
#129 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Hey you guys, in your postcard frenzy, if you happen to have an extra card - let me know. I have an old friend who has 2 kids (age 5 and 2.5) who both have this really rare funky disease - it causes deafness and retardation as the kids grow, and the only cure is a bone marrow transplant. Anyhow, their dd had her transplant when they were preg with ds, and he just had his 4 days ago, and is living in isolation in the children's hosp. - he's doing a lot better than the dd did, she was in ICU a lot and had graft vs host issues too. Anyhow, if you have an extra card and want to mail it to them, lmk, I'll give you the addy for the hospital.

Lisa - who is going out to the il's for the rest of the day. Gah this'll be fun, we're going to chain smoking grandmas house, which means we're staying outside in the heat vs. breathing smoke, and no naps.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#130 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 05:14 PM

nak w/ C

Lisa--send me addy! (how old r they?)

& you are a (what? no SAINT smiley?) for putting up w/ ILs like that. wouldda stayed home 4 sure.
#131 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 05:29 PM

oh, 2.5 & 5. sorry. do send addy . . . (now nak w/ D!)
#132 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 05:41 PM

Sherri- bummer about the chair fiasco. I hate the booster seat we got for K, the tray stick like crazy. They are all made like crap!

Karen- sounds like you are having a great time. I never would even know Marky whatever if i ran over him :LOL

Pam- wow thats such a sad and scary story. I had no idea things like that happened in Canada

Heidi- yeah it's a mei tei - 2 shoulder. I need a 2 shoulder, it works better for me

Michelle- sorry to hear grandma is sick. Thats a nice picture

Lori- viral's are sucky but don't usually last long.

K is being super duper cranky today. She has this thing for the green eggs and ham book and she wants to read it over and over and watch the video for it too. I finally said thats it outside you go! Ever little thing she's whiny today argh. Larry was like wonder if I make her some green eggs, think she'll eat it? :LOL
#133 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 06:51 PM

HI mamas,
been reading on and off today during nursing times and now I can't remember what I was gonna say
it's beautiful here today but cold- at least for us HI people. It's supposed to get even colder tonight- into the 50s. and we need to sit outside on the beach to see the fireworks. brrrrrr

someone asked how I recognized marky mark? well my sil actually did. BUT i did talk to him and woulda recognized him then. I've seen him in a few movies and he looks like himself.
oh, and john Kerry lives 2 houses away here. he's outside making bar-b-q right now. we're rubbin elbows with the rich and famous :LOL

Lisa- email me the addy for those kids. I'll send them soemthing.

k. dh is here and waiting to hang out. better hobnob with a REAL person
#134 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 PM

high chair - we have the saftey 1st one that straps to a regular chair. Portable and takes up less space!

Another rough day today, but at least I had an appt with my counsellor.

time to go....
#135 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 08:03 PM

HAha! Joyce, you have to see these t-shirts http://www.wrybaby.com/detail.aspx?ID=48
#136 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 09:14 PM

OMGosh OP :LOL those shirts
#137 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 09:50 PM

Karen fil did plumbing work for John Kerry and he was a real yelling at fil and then tried to get out of the bill : FIL said he'd never work for him again. And we were hot and got icecream and went swimming (a il's pool NOT the ocean) today, but its usually cooler on the cape so we'll cut you some slack

dh id back with dinner, quicker than I thought

#138 of 466 Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 PM

LOL Annie, those shirts totally cracked me up! BTW, in about 6 weeks, I can send you some of the tincture I put up yesterday if you want. I packed the mixed chamomile/melissa/scullcap with you in mind.

We're off for a picnic dinner and fireworks show at the lake. Happy 4th, everyone!!!
#139 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 12:29 AM

Sheri- my pil say J Kerry is a real shmuck. no personality and he's rude. they live 2 houses away and he knows them but often pretends they don't exist.... not really good for a politician.

so fireworks were a bust. it's so rare that I actually try and see them. i hate crowds and traffic and all.... so I was looking forward to them, but it was all foggy. we could hear them and see lights flashing, and every so often we could see the top of the flash over the fog, but really nada. how disappointing. the kids esp. they've been here several different 4ths and have always missed them. oh well.
ils had a big party. dh can't understand why if the family is together for such a short time, that they have a big party with lotsa guests... i.e. he thinks we should be spending more quality time together. but his family is just like that. they all just run off and do their own things. everyone is different, I guess.

i can't wait to go see my parents. no one here really holds the baby- just a teeny bit. my parents will be ALL over him. we'll be there on wed
#140 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 12:46 AM

Hola! What great fireworks! Sorry you didn't get to see them ... again... Karen. Sorry for the boys. And maybe cousins? Well, they were awesome here. And our team won the baseball game, too! Not that we really follow AA or anything... but it's always better when the home team is winning

Lisa - I ditto Joyce. I'd totally bail on the il's if they were mine. My bil's both smoke, and I always tell beca to hold her breath and RUN through the fog and she never really gets to know them or hang w/them. It's just that way. My sil is awesome, so I'm not complaining about my il fam. at all. Just sympathizing...

Lisa - yah, dh just kinda gave the camera a whack (in that dh-ey sort of way) and now it works. Slays me.

Annie - : for Kobe! How long until they give you results??? And have you had Mak tested for allergies yet?

Ori was so much fun tonight! He loved the game (we really had great seats right behind home plate, 3rd row), one fella nearby asked if the kid ever blinks, he was so wide-eyed. And THEN the fireworks! He was all over the place, trying to ???eat them??? dunno. He was a total crack up. Very verbal during the blast off, and totally overtired. The only time he cried at all all night was for like 10 min. in the traffic getting out of the stadium (ug) and then promptly fell asleep. And now he's sleeping...maybe even for the night??? Could I be so lucky??? Just in case, I'm going to sign off and wish all my fello americans a happy birthday. See ya manana! andy

Karen - just a couple more days .. you can make it!! Where are you parents? Southern Ca?

ps - I wouldn't know marky mark either, I don't think. But I once partied w/bob weir and shared a j**nt with Taj Mahal on Kauai. Poll - have you met anyone famous???

#141 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 AM

POLL ~ I met Colin James (CDN singer) & I cleaned the hotel room that the Headstones (music group) were staying in.
#142 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 03:54 AM

Oh, hearing how ori reacted to fireworks made me think I should have taken Iris to see them. She is so full of personality lately...we had a famil dinner then came home and crash. I forgot to say a while ago that I was honored we all showed up in your dream, Andy!

Hilarious on seeing Dirk Marky Diggler Mark, AKren. And give ol' John kerry a break, like all democrats he has alot to be cranky about lately!

I'd love some of your tincture when they are ready. And the 4 gen picture is awesome, you look beautiful!

Oh, joyce so cool your trying EC. Its so dang amazing isn't it?! I have no book or anything, which is weird cause I have every book on any baby anything becasue I can get it as a business expense and put in in the birthcenter library.... but what we do is use the potty at home cause its a nice stable place to sit and go, but when out at a home she goes on the regular potty, and in public I hold her over a sink in the handicapped restroom (too weireded out on public toilets for her), and then sometimes she goes held over a parking lot or lawn, and for long trips we take the potty with us. I guess I'd like to get another potty to keep in the car, now I think of it....Here's a pic of her EC'ing on the road trip I just took to the Keys- I consider myself the pooparazzi for taking pics of her on the potty...

I'll send your friends kids Florida postcars,Lisa. And for our thing, should I have addresses for the postcards or something? How many do i send? To who? I don't have the info...

I think I am tired, better go to sleep, DH won't be avaialble for back up if I get overtired and want baby help so I sleeping in....
#143 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 04:04 AM

oh- famous people, must do that that sounds fun...I've never thought of tallying it up...

Sat near Ice Cube (rapper) on an Airplane once

Traded singer Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) fruit stripes gum for admission to one of his shows

Used to baby sit the baby of famous ballet dancers

See Jerry Springer in town all the time cause he lives here

And saw Paul Simon at the movies once

Was the midwife for a famous model

Did a prenatal visit for a woman who has a popular prenatal yoga video

And since this is birth world, I'll include the minor celebrities of birth-world....I hosted an Ina MAy Gaskins event at the midwfery school and got to hang out with her alot, and also in birth celebrities, did my doula training with and hosted Penny Simkin here, and hosted Aviva Romm here, too.

I guess I have very few interesting encouters, I swear i feel like there have been other things, like people in restraunts and stuff, but I guess its too late and I am too tired...Heidi

This reminds me that whe nI was a kid an we got to Atlanta on road trips I would always look for famous peopel in cars, the excitemnt of a big urban plac emad eme sure I'd see someone, and I thought every other driver in Georgia was Kenny Rogers...we'd drive around and I'd point at every bearded man and exclaim, look it's Kenny Rogers!!! Must have been real annoying, as annoying as getting all the semi's to honk all thetime from here to wherever....
#144 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 04:13 AM

Oh, I also made Carrot juice for Steven Tyler, and some other guys from AeroSmith (and their kids)when I worked at a restraunt...
#145 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 AM

I know I've met a few famous people, but the only one I'm really remembering is Woody Harrelson. He came to Arcata to give a talk, and was driving an electric car up and down our street - anyway, dh is like "wave at him!" So I did, and he totally stopped and talked to us and hung out with us for awhile. We showed him our garden. Our FLOWER garden, ladies!! :LOL Very nice guy.

So, fireworks were great! We went down to the beach for a while (craziness) and I n0oticied that the fireworks boat was like 100 yards from the shore. So, I was like no way- too loud for little Violet, plus its going to scare the holy bajeezus out of her! We ended up walking back across the street to the elementary school we had parked at, and the boys sat on top of the van to watch them. Viles still didn't like them - but the rest of us sure enjoyed em.

Michelle, I'd love some of that tincture! Sounds great!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day. Aloha all and good night
#146 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM

Ok Heidi -- so you have to tell us what famous model! You can't tease us like that. Or at least give us a good hint, if its violating confidentiality or something.

Dh is always meeting famous people, working in Waikiki. Its not fair. The cast and crew from the TV show "Lost" are staying right across the street from his Starbucks, so he sees them all the time. Plus all the ProBowl Players...all kinds of famous people really. Its interesting to hear his stories about them - if they are nice, or rude, or normal...
#147 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 AM

Morning, mamas!

The babes are happy and DH is running around getting ready for work. I need to get me some grub, I'm powerful hungry.

I had a quick question for fleece people: is any kind waterproof? Is one side more waterproof than the other?

Now that we have this changing table setup (with BBLP on it), I'd like to put a cover down. I have these heavy felt-type mattress pads for crib, but only one extra (the others are under the sheets on the beds). So I thought some fleece would be a good cheap solution . . . if it's good enough for diaper covers, oughtta be good enough as a mattress pad, right? But not quite sure how the water repellancy works (and all my sweatshirts are at my mom's house . . .).

Oh, man, David's complaining and DH just left.

Annie, LOVED the twin shirts, that was so funny! The other day David started "touching" Carmen. When I put them together they always thwack at each other, get fingers in eyes, etc., but yesterday David started playing with Carmen's ears. I could hear it already: "David's TOUCHING me! Stop TOUCHING me!"

And found out that the refrigerated mochi (so much better than the frozen stuff) is at Whole Foods next to the tofu, not the breads and starches. It's gooooooood.

EC is going GREAT. Can't exactly figure out yet when they need to pee, but they're pretty much peeing when we give them the potty, so figure that's a good first step.

He's still complaining. Better save his day . . .
#148 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 AM

Good Morning!

Andy - Did you get to sleep all night?

Annie - I am so jealous of your husband! I love the show LOST. I can't wait until the second season! Sorry Violet didn't like the firewords.

Michelle - What does the tincture do? And is it safe while nursing?

Joyce - Most fleece has one side that wicks and one side that repells. The only way to tell, if both sides match and there is no difference between them, is to drop a couple drops of water on them and see which side wicks and which one repells. Once I figure it out, I use a sharpie and mark the fabric on the side that goes up. Problem is that even Sharpie washes out of fleece. :LOL

Poll - Can't think of any famous people yet. Unfortunately, I have met one of the girls that was in a college edition of playboy.

We went to the fireworks last night. Remarkably, Em was the one who was a bit freaked out. It was fun though. WIll and Em are so tired that they slept through the night. Not that Em has much problem with that anymore. However, we are busy getting ready for work, so I better go. More later tonight.

Hope all have a good day. Pam . I hope things are getting easier over there.
#149 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 10:11 AM

On our way ou thte door - sounds like last night was fireworks a LOT! How cool. Heidi - don't worry. There's a LOT of years for fireworks for that little girl. And she may not have liked them...never know. Sorry about Violet, Annie - though that's maybe a good sign - the loud thing. They are pretty darned loud.

Oh, and a friend of mine in college was Ben Ford (the Chef in LA) and once we went to his Dad's house in Sun Valley and hung out with Harrison and his 'new' family. It was a lot newer then than now. This was, ooooooh, like 1990 or so. I think that's my most famous friend. Oh, and once his Dad came to visit our group house in Bezerkeley (Ben was in cooking school at the time) and it was like this amazing mad rush to get everything 'illegal' - which seemed like everything but the pillows LOL away before the Limo drove up. We made it. He took everyone to lunch at Chez Penis and we had a ball.

Gotta go! Andy

#150 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM

Annie- I was thinking of that yesterday. Saw an old interview w/a cast member and said they were filiming in Hawaii and i was like "hmm wonder if Annie or Karen are near them"
I just started watching the series through reruns. I love it!

As for famous people, not many just lots of football players w/the Patriots. SInce the stadium is like 5 mins from my house. Bill Parcells used to come into the store I worked at every Sunday morning to buy the Boston Herald. My mom meet tons of people at the hotel she worked at.

Well I decided to try and give Megan some solids. Tried some avacado. She did ok with a few bites but then started gagging on it. Just what I thought would happen. So looks like the solid route is gonna be a long tough road. Gotta take it slow. Try again someday. Someways I really want to give her solids so I won't have to give her as much bm and hoping that my supply will go over what she needs and I won't have to worry about formula supplementation at all and she'll just get bm. It's becoming a drag to have to pump. Planning our outings around my pump schedule.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page