Janulicious July #1 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa, we do weekly weigh ins at the LC's office to track weight gain. She's been tapering down for a few weeks, 8,6,5 but her 7 day gain for this last week was only 3.2 ounces. Assuming I am not rushing down to LA tomorrow, we are going to reweigh her then.
#182 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 08:16 PM

Sorry, Kaia's "helping" again. We're hoping that tomorrow will be better as we have in the past done later weigh ins, and we had had a big ol poop just a couple of hours before the weigh in.
#183 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette
I caught a poo and a pee! Woohoo! It was very very exciting. We love love love the potty.
#184 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 PM

Hugs to SPM and catnip for all the pumping. I know it cannot be easy. You are very strong and powerful for doing so much for your babies. I think you both need superhero t-shirts!!!

We spent yesterday with my parents after dh's father left. It was a nice afternoon. We went swimming, had dinner, roasted marshmellows/smores and saw fireworks. well, not really fireworks...my dad lit a flare (you know the kind you use when your car breaks down or that the police use). Fireworks are illegal here, so he improvised. Eamon liked it, but he wanted to go inside due to darkness. Aine was snoozing!! On the ride home we saw the real displays throughout the valley. Eamon enjoyed it, but quickly fell asleep...

Mary - dh had to work yesterday also. He said it was milder than previous holidays he has worked (he is in law enforcement)...

Polls - I had to laugh about the song question. The other day we were driving and Brick House came on...I told dh that kind of reminded me of the birth, since I was buck-naked (she's mighty-mighty just letting it all hang out) in the birthing pool :LOL :LOL :LOL

Famous people...went to school with Gary Hall Jr (he was in my sister's class) and babysit for his extended family (the Charles Keating clan for those of you familiar with the S & L scandal)...Saw DAvid Schwimmer while in Paris. I think I made his vacation stories, because my brother and I spotted him. My brother (who is 6'4") shouts to dh and I, "That's f*&(ing David Schwimmer!" My brother and I start fast walking after him to see if we are right. David glances over his shoulder in terror :LOL I think he thought we were psycho fans - we really just wanted to see if it was him. He turned into the Paris Ritz to escape I have met lots of other people - mainly athletes here in AZ....

PM
#185 of 466 Old 07-05-2005, 11:48 PM

That's so funny about David Schwimmer! He strikes me as the somewhat paranoid type LOL! Michelle - good luck with the weigh in. I know how hard it is to deal w/not gaining...Ori hasn't gained in like forever (but Rebecca did the same thing at about htis age...big loooooooong hover while still growing longer and then a burst of weight to catch up weight wise and on and on)...it's just their style. I hope that Kaia's style is to love her mama all the more for the extra love and work involved in getting her the best possible milk on the market

Laura - hang in there honey!! You are doing SUCH an amazing job!!! Nothing has been easy for you , yet, which is such a hard tale, but things will even out really soon - just as soon as she's eating more solids, you'll be slowing down and life will get easier... let her hit the milestone on her own... YOU ARE ONE AMAZING MAMA!!! :

Ewu - Zami just squelched a fart out...(nose wrinkle smilie). He's not a gassy dog at all, but I crush up his pills and put them into wet food and I'm trying some nasty ole alpo that was on sale ( and it is new and now he's farting

I hope everyone has a great night! It's really fun to read about all the famous and famous-ey people we've met along the way... just kind of brightens the day over here! Thanks for sharing!

xoxoxo andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#186 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 AM

Michelle, are you averaging out her weeks for the month? Because Lauren does that, she'll be up 5 oz one week, only 2 the next, but over a month it averages out to be just right.

I just did the math... well kellymom did the math http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...alculator.html

She gained about 8.5 oz/wk the first 6 weeks, 7 oz weeks 7-9, then dropped to 5 oz weeks 10-13, and has been at 4 to 4.5 oz/wk average since then.. BUT last week it was only 2 oz, the week before that only 4. And it all depends on when she ate, when she peed/pooped, etc. SO what were her weights in other months? Because the last 4 weights you listed = 22.2 oz, which is STILL over 5 a week, which is actually on the "high" end of average, so good job mama, if she's supposed go gain 4-5 oz/wk at age 4-6 months, and then 2-4 oz/wk 6-12 mos. you're right on target!

Phil Donahue went to high school near here. Never met him, but I saw his picture there.

Andy, you're supposed to wean dogs into and out of foods! Not change on them like that!! My poor Zoe would totally have the snarts and the dribbles and the runs if we changed food on her (even same brand diff. variety) overnight. We have to wean her over 3-4 weeks!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#187 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 12:59 AM

Ha Lisa - I am SO careful about his food. He only gets about 2 Tbs of wet food mixed into his kibble - sam eole kibble since puppyhood. It's just to not have to shove the pills down his throat, since he takes them every day now. He's a big dog, 60 lbs, so he will integrate the new food in the next day or two, I'm sure. Meanwhile, a few snarty smelly ones won't kill any of us LOL!

#188 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 08:37 AM

Aaah poor puppyfarts!

HEY, what happened? I went to bed and nobody posted all night. Annie, you ok?

#189 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM

:LOL funny story about David Swhimmer

Wow it was a quiet night here. I usually have to read pages of posts.

I have this little mobile thing that I have hanging from her little playgym. She loves it, played with it for awhile. This morning while pumping she's playing away happy as can be. THen she starts screaming. So I go over to pick her up and she starts screaming more well the little worm that was hanging from the mobile, the string wrapped around her finger several times. She's screaming more and I'm trying to get it unwrapped and couldn't, so I run to find some scissors to cut it off. Poor Megan. She had tears flowing. Well no more mobile, never would of even thought of something like that happening.
#190 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 09:14 AM

OH NO Laura......is she OK today???

#191 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Morning Ladies.

Long night here. Will seems to have developed this pattern of sleeping all the way through 3 nights ina row and then waking up on the 4th night. Makes for a long night when he does that.

He is getting ready to crawl. He has come up on all fours twice now and once launched himself forward only to fall and smush his face on the floor. Definately a more happy guy since he started doing that.

Laura - Is Megan okay? Are you? I had a hair twisted around Will's finger one day. He started crying like that and it took me forever to figure out why. Hugs mama.

Okay, gotta go have some coffee. Later.
#192 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 09:43 AM

Yes shes ok. As soon as I held her, she calmed down immensely. I'm ok, i felt bad of course but things happen. Of course now I'm looking at everything, and figuring if it could do the same thing.

Nicole- wow getting ready to crawl! thats so exciting wtg Will
#193 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 AM

Andy pp you. Can't believe I almost forgot again and I had to go dig for your post :LOL dope! I'd forget my brain if it weren't attached to me.
#194 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 AM

Wowie Will!!! That's great! I kind of think Orin might be thinking about it, but his hands and knees is still so wobbly. And he's not sitting yet, which tells me that his motor control is still limited. BUT he's done backwards a few paces, which is how Beca started crawling. Weird that he's into moving before sitting...

Ug - Beca is so moody this morning... kinda weepy and sensitive. She's doing math work and getting it wrong and feeling all hurt and damaged (kwim karen?!). She's doing hard math for a little kid, but she doesn't know it - three numbers added/subtracted from each other up to the thousands. I think I was in third or 4th grade doing that stuff! Wowza. She really likes it, but when she gets it wrong she feels like a dumpkoff. Oh well...she's getting better at it all the time!

Ok, time to head out to tennis, get the baby, etc. so I'll chat atcha more later. Yeah - where's Annie???

#195 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:13 AM

Hey this is my 500th post, woo

Andy- are you guys bringing a lunch to 6 flags? I know I'll have to bring food for K cuz shes picky. I was trying to remember last time I went there and for some reason I think they don't allow coolers? But I know I'll definitely need to bring a small one for my milk anyways.
#196 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM

Laura - that's so ME! I'd totally forget my kids if they weren't grabbing onto me all the time :LOL Ok, gotta go! Thanks for the pp ladies!! What fun we'll have...now if only the weather will cooperate! And Laura, feel free to bring along the pumping paraphanalia - we'll screen ya

#197 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:16 AM

ALmost forgot!

:
Happy Birthday Lisa
have a good one
#198 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Hey Mamas

Woooooo, lotsa posts! Serves me right, not checking in since the weekend. heh heh..

We had a terrific 4th, our first 4th you might say I blogged a bit about it (snoozing Brynn = less typing = good!)

grrrrrrrrrr.... Tessa just woke Brynn bringing over this dang elephant card to show me.... oh well, so much for posting! :LOL

Later mamas.
#199 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 AM

I was going to post a reply and I can;'t remember anything I wanted to say

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#200 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 11:11 AM

Quote:
PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items are not permitted at any time.

Food/Coolers (except special diet and infant food)
Lawn/Folding Chairs
Magic Markers, Paint Spray
Aerosol Cans
Glass Bottles
Knives
Spiked Clothing/Jewelry
Fireworks/Explosives
Firearms/Ammunition
Chemical Weapons, Mace/Pepper Spray
from the six flags web site
so bringing lunch is out but Laura's pumping cooler will be ok

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#201 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 AM

so we're going to LA today, weather willing. it's been foggy here since the day we arrived. idon't mind,as long as we can leave.
michelle. are you gonna goto LA too? know it'll be under less than optimal cnditions, BUt.... we're with my parents, who live near west Hollywood/ Beverly Hills. if you wanna meet?? my # is 808- 960- 7167 (yeah, anyone can call me to chat )

darn, was rying to put my baby down for a nap and he's not having anything to do with it. looks like he'll just fuss.
#202 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Ha ha Karen - that was me this a.m. Trying SO hard to get ori to sleep for an hour or so before tennis - up from dawn and no nap in sight - it was pretty miserable. eventually we just laid on the bed together and he cried and I held him. Walking, bouncing, teething on me, nursing, nothing helped. Sometimes a guy's just gotta get it out of his system...whatever it is? Anywya, he slept for an hour and woke up just FINE and happy. I hope you have a GREAT trip to LA - I'm sure you'll make it. Fog in the cape is sort of perpetual...kwim?

Az - I forget a lot, too. Don't worry - remembering isn't your superpower

Ok, off to see what the swaps are doing! Caio mamas! andy

#203 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM

PS - Kathy - HA HA underestimating the US appeal for fireworks! We're fireworks fiends down here :LOL! Shoulda warned you... Sounds like a GREAT day! It's hard to be a lettuce head in the deep south. They're really not used to it, kwim?

#204 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Pps - Az - I guess I get to bring in food, since I can't eat dairy or wheat?! Maybe just the wheat free stuff (and sneak in a little water in a baby bottle, if you need to).

#205 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM

i somehow managed to get unsubscribed... i was in disbelief of the idea that no one posted for over a day....

yay jeni for catching pee and poo!

g is there too, just about to crawl. and she now can sit up several minutes!
she can go backwards commando crawling, and he does a yoga-like downward facing dog thingy...
anyway, this one-handed typing is getting tiring!
#206 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Andy, Laura and Sheri - just pack a decent size cooler - tell the guy at the gate that Andy/Ori are on special diets, and so is Laura and K, and so because your families believe that one person shouldn't be singled out and so many of you have difficulties wiht diet that you chose as family units to only eat the special diet blah blah blah. They can't argue that one, I mean really, how fair is it for Beca to get a burger when Andy cant, etc. so by forcing you to only take food for one person is prejudice against that person

I'm sure Andy could bs her way though the gate with that one and a big bad cooler of food for K and Andy and whomever else needed it!

Gah I smell like baby puke. More on the GI visit when I get home, first the pharma and grocery and library while Lauren sleeps.

#207 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 02:58 PM

are some of you Northeast mamas meeting at 6 flags????? aside from the food issues, it sounds great!!! I may be an east coast mama again soon. Since dh's flying job here is seasonal, he is applying with a small airline on the cape..... they fly in Florida/Caribbean in the winter and the Cape, the Islands, and Boston in the summers......we don't really want to leave AK but it would be a good career move even if for a few years. plus..... all of our family is back East and Torin has LOTS of cousins to play with......... here we have great friends but no family.......
Lisa - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! is it today???
Andy and everyone else lacking sleep today, I can relate!! Torin kept waking last night...... very restless!
dog farts - ugh!! My dog takes the prize!!!!!!!!!! gross....
Wow - Geneva is sure agile!! Torin is rolling all over and is starting to pull his knees under him. I love that little baby downyard dog! I hope he does that soon too!
Sounds like Will is also quite mobile!
Laura - I am little behind but poor Megan with her mobile mishap!
time to go change a poopy diaper!!!
#208 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Pam no one posting for a day here? : that would be the day. think you'd have a better chance seeing pigs fly

I really didn't think I'd have a problem w/bringing the milk. Of course I could always put extra water in for her formula I just can't stand spending 3 bucks for some thirst draining soda. K is vegan so I need special food for her right

Oh Mary do you mean the cape as in cape cod? that would be cool!
#209 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Hi all!

Well, I did post yesterday morning, but not again after that. it was a loooooooong day, and I was just exhausted. Too exhausted for computer.

Happy Birthday Lisa!!! I'm curious about the GI, hurry up and clean the puke so you can tell us!

So, Violet has bee sitting and crawling backwords for the past few days. She's mighty proud of herself too. She's so cute and squishy. I just love her so much. Still no tooth, though. She's been working on it for months now, poor little thing. Oh, and she fell off the bed this morning. She had been kind of thrashing around all night (gas) and I think she just wiggled herself to the edge of the bed. Anywhoo, she just did and flip in the air and landed on her stomach. Luckily our bed is like a foot and a half off the floor, so I'm sure she's fine but she was still pretty upset. She was crying and crying and then all the sudded it just turned off and she was sleeping again. Silly baby.

Laura - gah poor little Megan. That is so weird about the mobile.

Where is Jessi?

Ok, I'm gonna run. Its hurting my hand to type. Oh no!!! Can't type aghghghg!!
#210 of 466 Old 07-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Laura, EXACTLY! K is vegan, and you need water for the formula and for Megan because you can't possibly use tap water! :LOL And Andy needs to bring her food because she is dairy and gluten free, and well, she eats A LOT - like enough for her and you and Sheri!

Aaaah, yah, what a day to spend my bday... at the GI. We got there super early because it was waaaaay the other side of town (like 45 min drive w/o traffic) and it was morning so I didn't know how bad traffic would be. So we were like 30 min. early and they got us in really quickly, which was cool. I like the doc too, she's very friendly and I can understand her accent

Anyhow, I nursed Lauren after they weighed and measured her (she's 27" tall now, and 17.75 lbs, she's doubled her birthweight), and then they left us in a room to wait for the doc, with like 15 min. to go before our actual appt. time. So nursed away, and watched all the kids going by getting their weight/height/bp checked, and we waved and talked at them, and it was fun. Doc came in to chat, and brought resident, and amazingly she didn't tell me to stop bf, woohoo! Most of the GIs here are "go formula, stop bf" and she didn't even mention it. Lauren urped a huge gusher that went down her, down me, and splashed all over the floor - not projectile, but she "looks like a fountain" says the doc, and that's not normal, and then Lauren got really upset because it must have hurt too, so our recommendations are as follows:

1. Switch from pepcid to prevacid - but of course she prescribed the prevacid solutabs (dissolve in babe's mouth, easy to take) which are filled w/medical grade lactose that comes from COWS! So we're letting the doc/pharma hash it out to find either the liquid or the adult meds.
2. Upper GI/barium swallow because of the fountain effect.
3. Stool samples to check for blood.
4. Start rice cereal in the next month (har, we'll see about that) to avoid an oral aversion.
5. I can wait up to a year to start other solids if I want, she actually said "Breastmilk is all you need for a year" so WOOHOO to her on that!
6. I need to go see a dietician (this was the residents idea, his wife is in dietary program, he was really cool).
7. Follow up in 2 months if everything is ok after a week on prevacid.
8. Celiac testing at 1-1.5 yrs after I introduce grains.

She also feels it's highly likely that Lauren has a true allergy to dairy given family history and the reactions she has when I have dairy. BUT she did say that it might be a bad sensitivity that she'll outgrow. Either way, we'll see at 2 how she does. She'll probably be potty independent before she has dairy.

Nada mucho else here, ran a few errands while she is napping, we're going to my mom's for dinner and cake tonight. Sent mom home over the weekend with my rice milk and safe "butter" to make my cake. Mmmm!

Gah, does anyone else feel frantic when they go out to do errands w/o babe? I went to the library and the grocery/pharma just now, and I swear every time I go somewhere I feel like I'm in a frenzy to run through and get things done as fast as I can. I can't even calm down and walk slowly through a store.

When Lauren was small and in pain, I HAD to be home w/in 10 min. of her waking or all hell broke loose. Maybe that's why? Now when she wakes she can frequently go 30-45 min. with dh playing with her before she gets too fussy, which is more than enough time for him to call me and let me know she's awake and I can finish what I'm doing before coming home.. But I just feel like I'm in turbo mode when I'm out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page