Janulicious July #1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2005, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Andy's intro:
Az lives in Mass., and it's her baby that's Miss E. who is smaller, like Ori. Jessi is in St. Louis, Jess is in Co. Mary and Laura had the preemies (to different degrees), Megan and Torin. T is now a bruiser and Megan is sweet and petite (like Miss E.) .

Lisa is in Cleveland (with Drew Carey and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and her house is always under construction - her little (or big) girl has reflux, and used to sleep through the night but doesn't any more... Lisa did the elim. diet to straighten this out... and hopeful that someday she'll get to sleep again.

Andy and Karen have kids who don't sleep a lot, but they nap (usually).

Nicole has Will (who along with Mary/Torin, Andy/Ori, half of Joyce's 2 (David), and Karen/Luka are all the boys in this little group) who had surgery and came through like a CHAMPION! She, Jessi, Jess, and Mary (and maybe I'm forgetting someone?) are all back at work outside the home at least part time now. Heidi lurks and works

Annie had our first full term babe, and our first flower . Heidi had our last, and our last flower !

Pam gets special mention because she's Canadian (no canadian smilie ) has chickens AND has a toddler and a baby !

Jessi is a runner, and runs with weird people who don't smoke but who do hash , stalks diapers and pumps like a maniac (no pumping smilie - now THAT's a tragedy!) .

Karen eats weird fruit, has a TRILLION fish and some chickens AND has two georgous older boys we're all dying to get matched up to our daughters (if for no other reason than to be family with Karen!) - she lives in Hawaii (was there someone on this thread that didn't know that?), as does Annie, who has a preschooler, a toddler AND a baby! .

Ah, and then we have the crafty among us - Ann the knitter (and there are other knitters too - Az and Kathy, ???), Karen the sewer, Kathy the photographer, Jeni the sewer, Nicole the cross-stitcher! Andy makes platypus costumes as her specialty , and Jess keep Colorado magical w/chalk!

There's the mamas of twins (Joyce and Michelle), and mamas who wish they had chickens (Joyce, Az, Andy, Kathy, Lisa, Jessi, Jess, Nicole, Heather and Mary (did I miss someone?). (no chicken smilie, either)

There's the West Coasters (Cat and Tiger and Mary - do we have an Oregon connection?), the midwesterners (or Prairie people as the Canadians say it) (Lisa, Jessi) the Southeners (Heather, Kathy, Heidi); the East Coasters (Jeni, Az, Andy, Laura) and the Islanders (Annie and Karen). And, living out of her igloo (don't all canadians live in igloos ), Pam!!!

The nurses (Mary, Annie, was-Joyce), the midwives (Heidi and Karen).

Those amongst us who have new cars (Kathy, Joyce and Mary) and new house stuff (Lisa floors, cabinets and more wha ha ha...SOOO much more!, Heidi (EVERYTHING had to be replaced! ), Az (fridge), Andy (got a new stove!), and someone else had to get something done...

Then there are the two girl families , there's a few of those (Kathy, Jess, Laura, Pam), and the first time moms (Jessi, Heidi, Jeni, Mary, Lisa, Catnip (tho the twins count as being a parent), Tiger ).

And there's the Canadians, the Cans abroad, the married to Cans, and I can't even remember who they all are (Pam, Jeni, Andy, Kathy).

We have parents of older kids (Karen (8 and 12), Andy and Az (both 7), and Catnip (TEENagers )).

And our most precious, hardworking, dedicated, and harrassed amongst us, those with toddlers/preschoolers and babies (we do love you guys!!!) - Pam, Kathy, Heather (who lives in Arizona), Jess, Laura, Annie, Nicole, am I forgetting someone? Mushy brains...sorry!

PETS!!! How could I forget pets! There's the dog people (I'm definately going to forget people, so post and I'll edit in) - Nicole, Andy, Lisa, Mary) and the cat people (Karen, Jeni, Ann - there's more...I need help here) and the both people (Az, Jess and ???), but truly, Az takes the cake with a full menagerie and THEN some!

Karen is on vacation in the mainland for two more weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2005, 12:23 PM

Laura, woohoo congrats you sound just like me - I was 175 when I finished college, and I've been there since. 155 when I started college, and thats where I was a few weeks ago. Like you, I'd love to see 140, even 135 Everyone else in my family is really skinny, I've always been the misfit, shorter, fatter, etc but I know the turkey diet was my jump start. I bet all of your clothes are just falling off!

So Lauren's eyes are this beautiful grey still. Sometimes in the sun they seem blue, and right now I can see little spokes of brown in there too. I can't wait for her to stop chameleoning.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Laura, congratulations on the weight loss! That's great.

Lisa, that's a good idea about the peri bottle. We have a water bottle of some sort at each changing station, so I'll try that. So far I've been having her stand (she holds onto my shoulder and neck) and then wiping her butt with wipes. Or, if she goes in the big potty, TP.

The new thread makes it harder to remember stuff, without the cheat sheet down below. Annie, sorry you are lonely. s

Heidi is on vacation too. Mary works weekends, doesn't she? No, it's "when her husband is off" so that could be any time, since he's a pilot.

Evelyn's favorite thing is to swim in the inflatable pool on our deck. It's shaded in the afternoon. Nana fills it up about three inches deep, and Evelyn loves to lay on her stomach in the water. She puts her face in it a little, and drinks it, and doesn't mind a bit. She splashes and kicks and grabs toys and has a big old time. Then, yep, she has a good nap.

This morning was early for us; she woke at 6:30 and did not go back to sleep. She munched and peed and then rolled around and motorboated and played for half an hour while I snoozed. (Lisa, that light sleeping sounds like it sucks.) This is the only day this week that I got to work by nine. Oh look, someone just turned on the lights. (It's 9:20. can you tell we're not an earlybird company?)

Something else but it's time to fetch some water. Solid foods - evelyn is loving solid foods these days. She totally cheered up last night after we fed her spinach. While the spinach was grinding I gave her some mushed baked beans, and she liked those more. She also drank some water+juice in the sippy cup. Oh well - as long as she still wants to breastfeed some, I'll be happy.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Ok it's too quiet here this morning. Is everyone posting on June still? Come on wake up! Come on!

Ok I'm going to wake Lauren (bad mommy) and go to my mom's and then to the greenhouse which is SO far but so fun.

Cya!

Old 07-01-2005, 02:17 PM

All went well at the dentist. My mouth is a little sore today from having to stay ajar for an hour. Three fillings - triple ugh!!!

Had a nice MNO last night with my AP friends. It was a good time as always. Aine stayed up for longer than usual. She kept slumping in my arms falling asleep only to wake up when the group erupted in laughter She is napping now - I think we wore her out.

I had nursing photos taken, and they turned out awesome. The photographer enlarged one of them, and it is going to be displayed in a local BF store. Aine and my bob are famous The photographer is the husband of one of my friends, so she brought the enlarged photo to dinner. It looks really cool - except I have some freckles on my breast that I never noticed

I finished the soaker for Eamon a few days ago. Just in time for him to stop wearing diapers : It is a bit too big to wear just over undies, so I need to add a drawstring. I figure it will come in handy for nighttime to prevent any accidents from leaking through the mattress pad. Now I am on to knit a Wooly Woder witht he yarn from Annie

Must go clean the bathroom. DH was supposed to do it as his part of the one room a day cleaning routine, and it hasn't been touched in two months(except for the time I cleaned it) DH's father is coming to visit, and I don't want him to :Puke DH has to clean the master bath

Poll - Musically I am not sure what song represents Aine's birth. I would initially lean to Aretha Franklin I think. Something about being a strong natural woman...For a poem, I would pick Maya Angelou Phenomenal Woman...

Heather
Old 07-01-2005, 02:19 PM

I am not a good b-day planner, and Aine is not even 5 months yet (she will be on Sunday). I haven't even contemplated her birthday....

Must go sign up for the July 1000 minute challenge...

H
Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM

oh, Lisa, I also have family in OH. My sister graduated from OSU with her masters. My cousin with his Bachelors. My other cousin graduated from Miami of OH. My dad was born and raised in OH - Bellevue. It is around Cleveland(kind of)...near Tiffin, Attica, etc...We still have lots of extended family there. My grandma is in a nursing home in Pandora, and my aunt/uncle live in Elida (near Lima)...

H
Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Yikes it's July already? what the heck man

Heather glad all went well at the dentist. I hate keeping my mouth open so long, it's the hardest part.

aack! i had a ? to ask and I totally forgot

I'm determined to do better this month in the 1000 challenge. I can do it!

got a few cutie pie pics of Megan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...000_2714pp.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...000_2704pp.jpg
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Morning! Busy here, but I wanted to post the DC's for Laura and Az

Az - your's is: 03041560000544959335 It's a packet coming first class.
Laura - your's is: 03041560000544959335. It's a letter. Had to go priority (huh?!). Anyway, I finally got to the post office w/them, money, both kids, and the addresses (well, most of Laura's...I was so completely harrassed looking the clerk took pity and let me call her back w/the rest of the address...so it'll look funny, probly!) - why is this so hard?

Annie - How can you feel lonely w/all those littles in your world? Did your kitty show up? Maybe that's why you're feeling sad...no kitty. snif snif

I think our song would be that Beatles song Hello (hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name hee hee hee) but I reserve the right to change my mind...that's just spur of the moment. I'll get back to ya'll on that. I wanted to add that Ori's middle name is Clarence, which was his grandfather's middle name and his great-grandfather's first name. Kind of a good family grounding for a baby who didn't have any grandparents on his dad's side and a rather small family on my side (just my bro's and my folks).

Oh gosh - it's been like 3 hrs... sorry! posting now...

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 07-01-2005, 05:14 PM

Morning all! :LOL See, shows how far behind we are without Karen's early rising.

Laura - that is absolutely wonderful about your weight loss!!!

I can't remember if I told you folks or not -- yes, we found the cat!!! Thank goodness. I put up signs on Tues. and by that night I already had 2-3 phonecalls. One of our neighbors had put her in her kennel, because she had been hiding in her shed and her dogs were trying to eat her. My kittie LOVES dogs and its going to be the death of her. So, I am soooooo relieved. i really was worried sick about her.

I think all babies should get to smash a cake on their first birthday :

Jessi, that's cool that Evelyn is so into solids. Makai was like that. I couldn't withhold any food past 4.5 months with him, and by 7 months he was just eating regular smashed up table food. Kobe was a choker and a gagger, and wasn't interested until a year or so. I actually gave Violet a bit of banana yesterday. She ate it, but I think she was more interested in the spoon.

Carmen, wow, beautiful name stories!!! I'm named after my great grandmother too - she was from Ireland. Her name was Annie May, I'm Annie May. I was also raised by my grandma pretty much, so I can really relate to you on that subject. Would have loved to name a dd after her, but her name is Lucille Mildred :yuck:

Ok, gotta fly - we're meeting some friends at the park.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:30 PM

I just wanted to say about first birthdays... not planning here yet except I m NOT doing what I di d for Abby's first two, which was try to make a healthy cake (esp since at #1 she just licked the frosting off anyway). Both were flops and for her 2nd I ended up having to go get a grocery store bakery cake at the last minute. All this while I was trying to start a home business making cakes for other kids' birthdays! If they only eat white flour and suagr a couple times a year, this might as well be one of them!

Just got back from Canada day parade. Pretty good time. Got asked about my maya sling by a woman with a 2 months old in a snuggli. There's only one distributor here in NS and she's on the other side of the city so my brain is mulling it...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Mr C has been a huge pits today and I've got to get dinner started soon.
Laura, wow Megan's 1st birthday s coming up quick. I havn'e put any thought into the first birthday. If sometihng doesn't give we'll prob have something very small here so there won't be any mil drama.

Song....I'll have to think about that. Joyce we had Ave Maria sung at our wedding, thats a beautiful song

We've got more sitting here. She's still more leaning foawrd than straigt up but she was "sitting" like that for over 10 minutes, holding her foot :LOL

I loved all the name stories. I remember Ori's name drama Andy.

We've got a bit of Irish mama's here or partialy irish mamas. I'm around 7/8 Irish. My nana is actualyl from Ireland and has one sister that never left. I wanted to give Miss E an Irish name but she had other ideas She's my little Irish pixie though with her pointy ears and firey temper

I just got peed all ovre a giant pee that soakers the diaper and the whole thigh of my jeans :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 07-01-2005, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Az, bummer for you, but funny for us!

Birthdays - chalk us up with the cake-smashing crowd. Fun stuff! I'm in favor of playing with food. It cleans up pretty easily and doesn't hurt.

Names - Carmen is a beautiful name. One of the hashers, Mother Mary Nipple, has a new granddaughter named Karmyn. :barf it's the south-county (read: redneck) version of Carmen. Karmyn is one day younger than Evelyn but not nearly as big or as smart ("but don't ever tell her I said that") according to the grandmother's boyfriend, Blows Like a Freight Train.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmom
oh, Lisa, I also have family in OH. My sister graduated from OSU with her masters. My cousin with his Bachelors. My other cousin graduated from Miami of OH. My dad was born and raised in OH - Bellevue. It is around Cleveland(kind of)...near Tiffin, Attica, etc...We still have lots of extended family there. My grandma is in a nursing home in Pandora, and my aunt/uncle live in Elida (near Lima)...
Heidi, hehehe, none of those places is near Cleveland (ok relatively speaking...) the nearest is uhh.. well about an hour or so? Bellevue is west of here, Tiffin is SW, so is Elida (I had a roommate in college from Elida, home of the one stoplight town), but I know where most of them are! I went to OSU twice, once for my undergrad, and again for my masters. Well I guess I went back to get an extra certificate too, geez, I like the place!

I grew up in Columbus, I really like it there.

Annie, I'm cool with cake smashing, but not cake eating! Must avoid the grains for a loooong time here. I'm trying to figure out what I can make her instead, something that'll be ok to get in her mouth and ok to eat. Hmm... rice flour cake? Never fear though, I'll serve lots of sugar and white flour to the bigger people there.

Oooh Pam, sling distributor! Go for it!

Jessi, love those hasher names! What's yours?

Spent the afternoon at mom's. Did not make it to the nursery to get flowers. They are closed for the holiday weekend. Guess it was good that dad called to ask about driving directions before we left. But I'm bummed to not have new flowers to put in this weekend.

Tomorrow my parents are coming over - they've been keeping my niece for 3 weeks now, and she's going to spend the night tonight with her mom (her brother is in the hospital) so they're going to come here and help with the kitchen project for a bit. I can't wait, it might be the jumpstart we need to get things going on the project. UGH my kitchen is so ugly and sad.

I've decided that SOMEHOW I'm going to put $10 in an envelope every week this year so that next year I can buy a new table for the kitching/dining room. I have it all picked out. Of course then we'll have a table and no chairs. But I'll just start saving again for those. I think I probably spend $10/wk on crap and I could just avoid crap and be healthier instead.

Lisa

Old 07-01-2005, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Must avoid the grains for a loooong time here. I'm trying to figure out what I can make her instead, something that'll be ok to get in her mouth and ok to eat.
Dispense with the cake formality and just give her the icing. :LOL

My hash name is Witty Titty Carrot Committee. DH's is Dancing Queen
My favorite hash name is our friend from Waukesha, Floundering Assplant.

Good luck on the kitchen project. Putting away money for a table might prove easier than reclaiming the dining room. Isn't it full of kitchen cabinets right now?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Yes, the kitchen and dining room are both full of kitchen cabinets.. but at this rate, a year from now I'll have space for it

Yah, I'm ok with giving her a bunch of icing. Maybe I'll ice some rice cakes or something. That'd rock, a little mini cake of rice cakes and gooey icing.

Ah yah, you are the carrot girl!

So dh is following me around the house asking what I want... he thinks I want something - you see, since I got home and Lauren went to sleep, I've washed and brushed Zoe, vac the rug (because I brushed her inside) emptied filled and started the dishwasher, and started a load of laundry. Oh and dinner is in the oven. I just got very productive all of a sudden.

But he thinks I want something. Something either requiring a lot of his time or money. I'm going to let him think a little more. It's driving him nuts.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:41 PM

Hi MAMAS! (posted this in the old June thread too)
I so wish I could actually read and catch up to you all, but there's no way. actually the other night in San Fran we had wireless internet and I read a lot but the connection was severed before I could read all or respond.

SOOOO... lotta travelling and drama here. We had a great time in Santa Crux with our friends. We went to the aquarium in monterrey, and did go to the boardwalk (some one here mentioned it- Annie?)- it was 65c ride night
we also hiked and had fun. met my friend's new 8month old.

then we spent the night in San Fran- on the 3rd floor of dh's cousin's house with windows on 3 sides. we had a great view of the fog :LOL
the big drama was getting here to Nantucket. we flew all day to Newark and when we got there last night our flight to Nan was cancelled ra'am was in tears and dh was turns out that continental had no more flights until monday?!?!? crazy. fil was in manhattan at his apt so we were supposed to go to his place adn then get on a chartered flight with him the next day (today). I was thinking- who lives near NY.... wonder if Andy could come spend the day..... but then on the way to their house (sans car seat, which was checked adn in airport hell), fil calls and says, "go to white plains, there's a chartered flight leaving at 9:30 pm for you".... so we rushed like mad over there in a crazy cab drive with an uncarseated baby (is that was people do in cabs?) and made it. it was insane and I wondered why on earth I was spending my time travelling like this when I live in HI????
we're here now. it's beautiful- gray out but nice.
R and N are thrilled and have been catching critters in the ocean all day. Luka went to sleep at 2am last night- slept until 10:30 and then ad a 3.5 hour nap.... can you tell the kid was exhausted?!?!?!

anyhow, I just realized that it's July 1 and there might be a new thread.... maybe i'l post this there too, if I find one.

one thing I was gonna say re the postcards (since I did read about those....) is that no one needs to send one to Luka- I'm just not organized to make a scrapbook : BUT.... R and N love to get mail. they can certainly get a joint card.... i might send some cards from here If i feel like I can brave the crowded stores. either way, I'll send some from HI.
oh, and the one "wrong" thing on the addresses is that my kids last names are Akiba-Hajim.... but whatever is fine. it's a formality. my name alone is cooler anyways
also I WILL have wireless and easy access for the next week, so I'll most likely be able to stay in touch : funny that's important to me
Old 07-01-2005, 09:02 PM

Hi Karen! Woohoo on internet access!

So I have nothing else to do right now, at least until dh brings me the scraping tool so I can attack the wallpaper in the kitchen again.

I woke up this morning singing "oh my darlin' clementine" in my head. I've been singing it OVER AND OVER all day long and it's driving me crazy!!

So I don't know most of the words, and I spent the entire morning trying to remember them because I wanted to know what happened to Clementine that the singer was so dreadful sorry for... poor girl, she drowned! Now I know and I can't get it out of my head!

Ok enough, I'm just trying to increase my post count I suppose, since nobody is talking to me on this beautiful Friday night.

Zoe just brought me a pair of rainbow striped socks, I swear socks are like crack to the dog.

Speaking of crack, my borox and sugar ant crack seems to have worked, there are NO ants here today. I fully expected to watch them walk off with snacks for a few days, but I guess they had too wild of a party last night. Dh said he sat up late watching them and that they could jump over the big crack in the floorboards near the door. Funny guy.

Going to finish making dinner, and wake my child, as she's going to keep me up all night if she doesn't get up soon.

Lisa

Old 07-01-2005, 09:22 PM

POLL: taking baby to see fireworks for the first time???

DH & I are taking E to see fireworks tonight........so adios ladies
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 PM

Fireworks - Yeah, we are going, but we have a 3 year old (almost) so she really enjoys it. She loved them last year, and I can't imagine how she is going to react this year.

Lisa - Good plan on the saving money for the table. We put $100 a month into a coffee can wrapped in Christmas paper. It is our Christmas money and that way we don't use any cards for Christmas. Makes sure that we really can afford to give gifts and not get further into debt. We just got out of CC debt (still have student loan debt) by refinancing the house and cashing out equity and using it to pay the credit cards. So, we are paying on the house and can deduct the interest from taxes.

Karen - Glad to made it safely and that we are going to hear from you again! Traveling with kids is a lot of work. We are going to Nebraska in a couple of weeks and not looking forward to it at all. Flying with 2 is going to be a chore.

Slim (Will) has not slept all day. He kept waking up every 20 minutes or so. I was so frustrated that I actually left work early. Em had a great day at school though, so it kinda made up for some of the frustration. Gotta go make dinner now.

Hasta.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:14 PM

Aloha all!

I'm not sure if we'll go see the fireworks or not...they are legal here in HI, so people usually go nutso out in the street - no need to go anywhere, LOL. The whole island has a thick cloud of smoke hovering on it for days afterward. Seriously, after new year's we couldn't even see across the street!

Karen, glad to hear from you!!! Sorry about the rough travels - and what on earth do GB's parent's do for a living where they can be chartering planes all over the place, and owning houses in Manhattan, Nantucket, Florida and goawd knows where else?! Anyway, enjoy your trip and it sounds divine - although foggy. Are you taking the North American fog tour or something?? :LOL

Jessi - haha, witty titty, floundering assplant !!! Heehee, that is sooooooo funny. I wanna hash - ok, I'm checking to see if there is a group here tonight!

Az, yep. I'm almost 100% Irish. The other part would be English. Big difference from my tall, dark 1/2 Italian Portugese beauties of sisters, Lol. Oh, I keep meaning to ask you - I have some HPY that is green and blue. I think it would work for the water-y shorts., LMK, I can send you a picture if you want to see what it looks like.

Michelle- I need Kaia's measurements, chica

And Andy -- you sweetheart I got a wonderful package from you today! Omg, the boys were so excited about the light up vibrating (gah, yes, it voibrates too!) thingy. They have been playing in a box, with a tapesrty over it and that thing for about 3 hours! Gotta love the simple life! Violet started crying when I showed it to her, :LOL LOVE, the covers and the Sandy. I will send them back when we're done - and thanks for sending the other covers back. I wasn't expecting them, so it was a nice surprise . Oh....and the books!!! Thank you sooooooooooo much. You are a such a sweet mama!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Fireworks, yep we're going. Zoe is terrified of them, so we'll leave her home.

Nicole, I wish when we refinanced we had done that. We owe my car, student loans, and some cc debt too. Actually we moved my car to a cc recently, it was a lower interest rate.

Going around the block, cya later!

Old 07-01-2005, 10:45 PM

Annie I'm Irish nd welsh. My dh is 1/2 itallian but you'd think he was 100% the way he talks about itallian things plus he's dark

Blue and green hpy would be awesome I'm so in love with that yarn right now. I'm knitting up a cardigan for Miss E with the bulky browns and white I got. I call it my chocolate yarn (white, milk & dark) dh thinks its more like capacino. But I'm very excited becuase it;s coming out good

Jessi :LOL the names for your hasher group are funny

Lisa I constantly find myself humming songs that the baby toys play, well not so mucb anymore since Miss E no longer likes the songs ( )

Karen bummer on the travel drama. It looks like you went from fog in sf to fog in Nantucket, (well at least its foggy here) I hope the fog lifts for you soon

New poll, fireworks it all depends. DS likes the fireworks but I don't really care either way. So if I or Miss E is tired and cranky just ds and dh will go, if not we'll all go together

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 07-02-2005, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Heidi, hehehe, none of those places is near Cleveland (ok relatively speaking...) the nearest is uhh.. well about an hour or so? Bellevue is west of here, Tiffin is SW, so is Elida (I had a roommate in college from Elida, home of the one stoplight town), but I know where most of them are! I went to OSU twice, once for my undergrad, and again for my masters. Well I guess I went back to get an extra certificate too, geez, I like the place!

I grew up in Columbus, I really like it there.

Lisa
: I think I actually meant Sandusky. I just remember going to my grandmother's all the time when I was little (we lived in MI)...
Old 07-02-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killick
We are going to Nebraska in a couple of weeks and not looking forward to it at all. Flying with 2 is going to be a chore.
Nicole, where in Nebraska will you be visiting? I have loads of family there also...In fact I was born there

Okay, I will stop going on about geography...well, one more, my brother's wife (the eloping brother) is from Hawaii...

Heather
Old 07-02-2005, 12:27 AM

Wow - I gotta say - days alone w/two kids is loooong. Today included: math (for stickers), reading, laundry, tennis, two walks, three meals, two snacks, baking, swimming, one long game of mouse trap, painting, knitting (w/the kids machine), some Harry Potter on tape (3 chaps or so), one caught poop, several caught pees, a new pair of shoes (for beca), bills paid, a movie, a little bear story and now I finally get back to you mamas. Who understand what this is all about. I am TIRED! Whew. Dh is watching world class bowling or something really stimulating...yah.

Lisa - you crack me up. I swear I'd be nuts-o if I had to live in that chaos. The fact that it will SOMEDAY look wonderful is not enough. I'd need constant bribes not to have contracters come in and fix it all pronto, pay on plastic and pay it off till you're retired. Too much chaos really does make me insane.

I re-met a mama I really like, but she's kinda too 'social' or something for me... just hard to keep up with. Anyway, it was great to see her and chat again. Her folks live in this neighborhood, and her younger son is the same age as beca. funny, 'cause her older boy is the same 'type' as beca - doesn't really have a good grasp of 'reality' and has trouble setting up and using filters. Hrmmmm. She recommended a psrink, but I gotta say, it's not much of a rec. from someone who's kid is still driving them nuts, eh?

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!

Mmmmmm I made really yummy oat/spelt bread today. Super yumm w/some healthy marge and last years black/raspberry jelly

Karen - sounds like family travel drama and GB's family go hand in hand! Well, they got you there! I hope you are settling in and have fun, after all that zooming around! I know the WP airport well. Dh also takes a number of flights out of there. It's a ways from us, but easier to get to than any other major airport (and closer).You probly drove right past my little growing up space - Larchmont. You went over the bridge and up 95, right? Yup - kids in cabs don't use carseats. It's truly lethal. I almost never take a cab w/ori (or beca before) because it's just not that safe. I suppose since you HAD to then you HAD to and that's the end of it. I'm glad everyone is just fine and you are all enjoying the fog (hee hee). We have big ole thunderstorms here tonight (shiver).

Nicole - ori has had a lot of days like that. Today was a good sleepy day - nice naps, tired at 8pm, and still sleeping at 10. I like that. If he's in finest mode he'll sleep until about 11:30, we'll nurse for 1/2 hr. and then he sleeps until 5ish. Oh, to dream...

Fireworks. We're going to a AA baseball game here, and they have fireworks after the game. I like it that way 'cause 1. you hava place to sit 2. they have real (and actually quite nice) bathrooms 3. they have a kiddie area w/a climbing structure and a bouncy bounce for FREE and 4. no bugs (I guess they all go for the lights?) but you're outside! Yay!! We did it last year too. Beca and her dad are both big fireworks fans. I guess they'd LOVE living in HI, eh?!

Lisa - glad the ants have partied on! Woo hoo - good bye ants! caio, adios, see ya! I really don't love sharing my house w/too many bugs - can ya tell? Maybe I wouldn't do so well in Hawaii??

Heather - glad the teeth are done, now at least. Who watched your kids?

Laura - that's AWESOME about getting back into a great weight zone! What's your method? Tandem nurse? I guess I'd have to adopt or get pregnant again or something... yikes!!

We're total cake smashers here, but I did use a home made cake the first couple of years. since Ori has shown WAY more sensitivity to food than Beca did (although I've wondered...) we'll probly keep the sugar to a minimum and use a tofu-cream cheese frosting or something, and for sure not a wheat cake, but something like it.

Jessi - your hasher name is great! Ha!! assplant is good, but I like the rhyme... and I think it's great that you're reading Evelyn so well and giving her the chance to be all that she wants to be in terms of jumping around, eating solids, etc. It's not anyone else's beeswax whether she 'should' or not - if you and e. say she should, then she SHOULD! I think that's what AP is all about!

Annie - GLAD you found your kitty! and that you like the stuff in the package. I like sending packages It's fun to put them together thinking about someone else and what they might be able to use/get through/enjoy...kwim? I'm sure glad the boys like the whizzing vibro toy. Beca likes her's, too. Ori likes it too, but not as much as beca. I think it's probly good that V. doesn't like it - less competition

I have a boob named mildred

Pam - I say GO FOR IT! Come to think of it - there's only one place in town that I know of here (the hf coop) that sells any kind of wrap/sling things at all. And it's a pretty limited stash, gotta say...

Az - sorry about the E.-pee-sode :LOL Sounds like she was storing it up for ya! Hope it wasn't too much to clean. I had ori on the pot, but he wouldn't pee. Then he stood up and peed in the classic rainbow formation, so I quickly sat him back in the pot. He finished there, but I was changing my shirt and doing some mop up. I figure even if I weren't ec'ing that'd be par for the diaper changing course, eh?

Lisa - sorry 'bout no flowers. If it stops raining I'm going tomorrow to get some. And I have some strawberry plants that are ready for x-plant into the ground for the front. But since the deer ate all my tulips (and I guess even if they hadn't, they'd be long dead now anyway) I have to get something into those two beds...

Karen - you and dh both got funky last names...where's his from? Sounds middle eastern... speaking of middle eastern...

I had the BEST falafal tonight. Totally couldn't cope cooking dinner, so took beca out to play some tennis and picked up some food afterward. Yumm!

Karen - it will be SO nice to have you back among the fold have a good night mamas! Andy

Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 AM

Fireworks.... if, and that is a big IF there is no fog, we will be able to see fireworks from the beach in front of this house. yes, it's on the beach. yes, the ils are rich. Fil is self made- living the american dream- grew up partially in an orphanage after his dad kidnapped him from his mom. he worked hard and made it to the top and works his butt off and has loads of $$. be believes that ANYone can make it. he's an investment banker and used to be the CEO of Shearson Lehman bros (I think that's the name- they were with American Express). He's a bigwig in that world. Now he's a CEO of a small company he started a few years ago.
they are very nice (ils)- though a lot more conservative than we are.
it's hard though because they are just sooooo diferent, and when we see them I feel like we look shabby (even at our best) and I always worry about the kid's behavior. I mean, they arevery well behaved, but they're kids, yk? they never brush their hair and stuff, and ils are VERY neat and clean. oh well. they love them thouggh.

i know you guys had al kinds of polls going while I was gone and there were lots of pics (0f which I saw a few).... missed you all tons!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:34 AM

PS _ can whomever posted that AWESOME nut. yeast recipe for Cheezy Mac re-post it? Not the one w/mustard, which I think was Laura's - we tried them both and everyone liked the other one a bit better (but they were both really good!). I tried to find it but MAN is that a lot of crapola to sift through to find a recipe! I did print it...just can find it! Maybe it was Kathy's??

Thanks mamas! Andy

Old 07-02-2005, 12:37 AM

Andy- we did drive up 95.... but I was in the back (thankfully) and missed the "sights"- plus it was nighttime.
i figured that NY mamas don't walk in the street carrying car seats for babies. I can honestly say it was a harrowing drive. I had luka in the sling and pulled in tight. ugh.

and our last names? mine is Hebrew and his.... well it is middle eastern but not the original true name. no one knows anymore what it was. his parents pronounce it differently than he does though. they call it Hay-jim.... and he does Hah-jeem. whaever.

ok. Luka is calling while I'm sitting here on the toilet having some "alone time"
Old 07-02-2005, 12:41 AM

Karen - my dad is similar - but he doesn't spend very much. Only has the flat in NYC, the rest is just vacations. They go on maybe 3 a year (which my mother plans and does all the stuff for, but my dad usually does enjoy them somewhat, at least). Anyway, w/out the drama and kidnap, my dad made it on his own too - did the big corporate thing, sold off, made a fortune, and now runs his own little company and loves doing it. They sound like they'd get along really well! I don't think my Dad has NOT combed his hair like EVER in his life...kinda OCD, but that's just his style.

User Tag List