Adjusting straps on infant car seat - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-03-2005, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need help.
The infant car seat, part of the a travel system thing by Evenflo has straps that you can adjust by height for the baby. IF you can figure out how to do it!! :LOL
We are driving tomorrow, and want the seat to be safe for dd, which I don't feel it is right now.

Thanks for any help

Jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-04-2005, 11:10 AM

Still need to know how to do it? Flip the seat over and look on the bottom. You'll see the two plastic parts that hold the seatbelt to the bottom. Pop them out (I use a butterknife to do this), and then feed the pieces through the bottom of the seat. Flip the seat back over, and feed the straps, and the plastic clip, through the slits in the back of the seat (near baby's shoulders). Flip the seat over again, and look at the back. When you pull the pieces through the slits, you can then re-insert them into a higher set of slits. Then just go backwards. Weave the straps back into the holes near where the baby's hips would go, and then re-clip the plastic parts on the bottom of the seat.

I hope I didn't over-complicate that. :LOL It was a giant pain to do it the first time, but it's pretty easy now that I've done it so many times. Oh, and in case you didn't know, you want the straps in a hole that is still lower than the baby's shoulders. So whichever set of slits is the highest one that STILL goes below the baby's shoulders, is the proper setting.
#3 of 3 Old 07-04-2005, 11:21 AM

The instructions for adjusting the straps should be in the manual. If you don't have it then you can probably find it on the manu. website. For a rear facing seat the height of the straps should be at or below the baby's shoulders.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page