Janulicious July #2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak'ing right now, so I won't write much....

Just wanted to share this thread link for anyone looking for a laugh tonight. I swear, some of these stories are killing me! :LOL
#62 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Lauren is rolling on the floor clicking, dh is surfing on the mac, and Zoe is taking all of Lauren's toys away from her. Talk about fun in our house tonight!

I don't think dh changed her dipe.. she's gotta be drenched by now. Ew.

And on grossness, my pump did have mold in it. EWWWWW! I had to get out my big pot and scrub and boil and scrub and boil and then I was able to use it. And I got the extra parts out and used those instead of the old ones. Ew again, mold is evil.

Oh he says he didn't change her. Tsk tsk daddy! Go change her!

Lisa.. who is trying SO hard to get to 1000. Oh but wait, I need to think of a senior title... if I get to 1000 and I don't have a title, I'll be all frustrated!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#63 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 PM

:LOL funny thread
#64 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 PM

ok on the video I got loaded 4935 out of 15384 and it's been 20 minutes. I'm going to bed!
#65 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Me too, although I watched it a few times

Lauren is fussy and dh is putting her in pjs and new dipe. Gnite!

-L

#66 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:04 PM

The video was sweet. (had to get home to view it)
#67 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:40 PM

OH MY GOODNESS! You gals have been so chatty today. It toke me nearly an hour to catch up!

Really just subscribing and making sure that I get the updates. Gonna go and eat dinner right now. Talk to you all later!
#68 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:30 AM

cool video

here's one for you all........... http://terrisfp.com/flash8/toot.swf

& a cute bf funny................. http://www.compleatmother.com/images/udderfeed.gif
#69 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:41 AM

Hey Mamas!

Late night owl strikes again... boy, my 6:00 am self is going to be mighty peeved at my 12:00am self!

Annie, wow 2000 posts!!! You are the chatty queen of the Janulicious Mamas ~ a mean feat, that! How are you holding up over there? I hope that Kobe is having some relief, and you too. I worry about how you can keep it all in the air & hope you're taking good care.

I'm not heading to bed yet, but going to try to do some weights for a while before hitting the hay. It's been tough with the heat & humidity lately to get in a good workout, and with DH working around the clock.... 'nuff excuses though! Time to pump. me. up.
#70 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so WHERE IS EVERYONE? I went to bed and there were hardly any more posts.

I'm wide awake because I'm hungry. Apparently I need to eat more during the day. Yesterday I had 2 servings of oatmeal and juice for breakfast, a sandwich, fruit for lunch, and then McDonald's for an afternoon snack (yes, like a full super value meal kind of thing) and soup and salad at mom's, burger and fruit at home, and now I'm eating junk. Ok not junk, but cookies.

Bedtime was not pretty either. Lauren woke up and dh gave her medicine at 9, I checked on her just after and she had fallen back to sleep, with all the meds in her mouth. So I gave her a little water and woke her up completely (didn't mean to wake her, but you'd think dh would have bothered to make sure she swallowed the meds!!). So it was a little after 9. 10ish we go back to bed, nurse to sleep, she thrashed around but was technically sleeping, dh goes on a walk. She wakes. Nurses, thrashes, plays, nurses, plays, cries, nurses, plays, thrashes, every minute we're doing something new until 11. At 11 I just couldn't do it, got out of bed, called dh to see where he was - he's like 3 miles away! He doesn't get home until 12. By them I'm sleeping and she's still crying/thrashing/playing/sleeping on the bed.

Yikes, she just woke, going to go diaper, nurse, try this again.

Lisa

#71 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:01 AM

Oh Lisa Hopefully things will get better soon

Miss E's up

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#72 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:14 AM

I could see the video, but my speakers aren't plugged in...

Last night I gave G some plain white rice and did she ever have fun redistributing it!

hope you get some sleep, Lisa.
#73 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Andy, Joyce, come on, crawl out of the woodwork and talk to us!

Wow, not often that I come back in the morning with nobody to reply to.

Last night was very fretful sleep for me. I am TIRED now. I told dh to put her back to sleep an hour ago, and he just walked out, and I asked "so is she sleeping" and he says "sorta" and I said "so she's awake" and he says "not really" WTF?!?!?!

Oh and she pooed on the potty this morning, and there was a CHUNK in there. And she's not eating foods, so being the hypervigilant first time mom, I pulled it out of her little potty and poked at it, it was a HUGE piece of carpet. Like an entire wound carpet fiber chunk. Ew!

Must eat breakfast. Come on gals, wake up, I need someone to talk to!

#74 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:55 AM

I didn't look at any of the funnies 'cause I'm boring. :P Seriously though, videos don't usually load here. Nothing flash or swf anyway. I can usually save wmv or mpg to disk and open them.

She did have a bit of a fever by evening the other day, 100.4, but it was gone by yesterday morning. I couldn't get her to nurse much. The scariest thing was how blank and out-of-it she looked. I know it was just because she felt crappy and was hardly going to be playful and smiley, but it was so weird to see her not be herself. Yesterday she was fine though, just some coughing. This morning she woke up with gas pains, I rubbed her belly, nursed, back to sleep.

Minor DH antics this morning. He ended up taking the car because it was 2 MINUTES later than he'd usually leave on the bike by the time he got ready. He couldn't find his socks because he carried them into the bathroom and stuck them under something, but "I hid them". And there aren't many pair clean because he leaves them dirty all over the house. And I didn't get to make him lunch last night because he was too tired to play with the baby even long enough for me to hang diapers up, and then he didn't ask me until last minute to make him something, so I couldn't get ready and drop him off. So now I'm stuck here all day again, and tomorrow I have the tooth pulling, so I'm not going to be able to get out of the house and actually get anything done until the middle of next week at least.

On a less minor note, I need to get it through his head to stop yelling at the baby. He won't have her for five minutes and be yelling at her "No!" (because he's holding her while at his computer and she's trying to touch stuff on his desk, probably because she's bored because he's ignoring her) and "Come on Beatrice, stop that!" sharply, followed by her crying (he was changing her and she tried to roll away.) I think I may need to hit up the GD forum for some advice, or maybe Health and Healing for some good homeopathic destress remedy.

So, my agenda for today is sit around and be hot and miserable.
#75 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 10:05 AM

Lisa - That is just the first odd thing that you will find coming out of your child's body. Em has had some pretty interesting poo, from various things that she has eaten. Will just showed everyone that he had avocado the other day too. He seemed okay with it, but not too thrilled. He liked the carrots and peas though.

Paq - Sorry about the dingbat DH. : Sometimes they can be so stupid!

Will is doing well. He woke up around 3am. That boy gets really hungry! It's intermitent though, since he doesn't do it every night.

Well the boy calls and the girl is having a bit of a toddler morning crisis meltdown! Gotta go.
#76 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:34 AM

given up on the videol :LOL

Lisa- ewww thats yucky!

Jeni- yeah I think there's an epidemic raging here w/dh's. Sorry ya gonna be stuck, know that feeling

Megan had her therapist visit this morning. I told her about the bf and she was like staring at me w/her jaw open :LOL she thought I was kidding. She said she thought that wasn't even possible to start after not doing so for so long, well guess you learn something new every day
Megan has been nursing since 3 pm yesterday! I did give one bottle this morning only cuz I need to use up 2 bottles before they go bad. I'm freezing all my milk now. I did my usually routine with her and she was all happy then she was like looking to eat and kinda knew where to go and was like come on mom I'm ready :LOL she grabbed on quite fiercly. I think I'm gonna make a nursing necklace for her this weekend i'm so excited if this continues for the next few weeks, I'm gonna return the pump. I still have a PY's that I can use
#77 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:44 AM

PHEW! Seems as soon as I get caught up (all 5 pages) something hits and I get carried away by the next wave of 'deal with ME'... ug.

It's been great here, actually. We had our share of Dennis yesterday afternoon, which cancelled swim lesons and we sat around playing with the baby and watching Aladdin. Dh fixed the blown whatever in the garage so that the fridge there would work again. We played outside in puddles. and I slept last night. 3 hrs. 2 hrs. then almost 6 hrs (well, 5 hrs 15). Dh says he heard Ori at 5:30 (which would in fact be his usual time to wake) but I didn't hear anything, or slept through it...either way I got some SERIOUSLY needed sleep. Sorry Nicole and Lisa on the lack thereof...and probably Kathy too. I can imagine how little sleep you actually did get... hee hee. I've been reading such good books lately, well, ones I like, anyway, and staying up late when I shouldn't. Oh well! Kathy - do you eat chocolate or drink coffee to have the energy to life weights at midnight???

Annie - hope you guys are all feeling bette today! How is Mr. Kobe doing? Fever down? When are you in to see the allergist? That's this week, isn't it? I didn't get your book out yesterday because of the storm, but I sent it at 8:30 this morning priority, so you should still have it by the end of the week

I love your DDDDC Laura - it wasn't me That's SO EXCELLENT that you have figures something out ... even if it doesn't work EVERY time, I think you are really tuned in to her and finding ways that work for you both to get engaged and keep it working. YAY!!!!

I ate a whole chocolate bar this morning : maybe I need to go play some tennis this afternoon.

Lisa - wow, bad bad bad that she is having such trouble getting to sleep. My kids are always that way when exciting stuff is happening or just happened (they don't sleep well at other people's houses, for example), but other than the trip out to the mw's sale, it didn't sound like THAT exciting a day for you guys...hrmmmm. Maybe the new meds havn't totally kicked in yet?

I am LOVING LOVING LOVING the funny sweet videos! Beca really liked Annies, hasn't seen the toot one yet. Funny enough, I was talking to my dad on the phone yesterday and Ori farted loud enough that my dad asked 'what's that?', so I told him it was a toot and he thought I'd said tooth, which is also weird 'cause he doesn't have any of those yet, but anyway, toots are just a part of our world.

Hey poopooguru, what do my son't super smelly farts mean??? I did have a little really fresh real mozzarella cheese yesterday, but I don't react to it (never have), so I figured he might not either. However, he's had these super smelly farts for a long time. They do not smell good, I might add. Clears Beca right out of the room :LOL So the one yesterday could be from the mozzarella, though I am not convinced, but what about the others? No wheat, no dairy. Unless you consider spelt, wheat...do you? What kind of reaction might I get from a soy allergy?

Ori had one little semi solid poop that one time, mostly avo. Haven't found anything else interesting in there yet. Beca always had paper in hers. Ori seems to have a preference for eating paper, as well. Guess I'm going to have to go get some nice acid free organic paper for him to munch on :LOL

Oh, I love chocolate... (dark w/a hint of mint )

Ok, a few things to clean up before the little man wakes. We haven't caught a poop in a loooong time. He hasn't had a poop a day for a while (since I cut out wheat), and really only one big blow out poop in the last week or so. I'd like to get a little timing down... but we are catching pees when I put him on at the right time. He does 'not' pee if he's just unloaded into his diaper (oops), which can happen if I don't put him right on the potty when he wakes up. BUT sometimes he's crying when he wakes up (hungry?) or I need to pee after he feeds, or he feeds for a loooong time, or I need to get up and dressed. So there seem to be some obstacles. Maybe if I brought the bblp up w/me at night it would be easier. So far he's just used it in the same two rooms downstairs. Maybe we're ready for a little diversity???

Lisa - use at LEAST three posts to respond to my question.

Annie CONGRATULATIONS! Now are you a crone member? :LOL

mamas! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#78 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 AM

Laura WOW!!! Returning the pump... won't that like be losing a part of your WORLD??? It's been part of your daily, almost hourly, existence for 9 months! Definately get a picture of that!!! AND if I were you, I'd try to write up your story and send it and the picture in to New Beginnings and get it published. I think they'd LOVE that kind of story! I am SO SO proud of you for sticking to nursing/pumping for so long!!! And I think you have one smart little cookie of a daughter, having figured out where the good stuff comes from! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#79 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:25 PM

Laura that's such great news!

I'm kinda bummed cuz I just got a package that I ordered from the TP, and it wasn't at all what I wantd, but it's my own fault for being an airhead and not realizing what I was getting. I thought I was buying nursing bra tank tops, and instead I got just regular nursing tanks. I don't wear a bra, and these need one, I just hope I can resell them for enough to buy what I really needed in the first place.

I did get two postcards though, one from Alaska, and one from Hawaii, which I thought was neat! Anyway, gotta go check on the lunching toddler
#80 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:40 PM

Laura, that is great that Megan is really wanting to nurse. It sounds like she's as happy as you are about figuring it out.

Andy, we have a BBLP upstairs and one downstairs. Plus there's always the big potty.

Is Jerry proud of Ori for the smelly farts? Mine would be.

Lisa, you're eating McDonalds? Wow, what a change from the turkey diet!
#81 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:44 PM

gald you got some sleep Andy
whats new beginnings?

speaking of videos, i finally uploaded a small one of K, shes gonna be a musician me thinks
http://www.jusspress.com/sweetpeasma
#82 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 PM

postcard from new york today!
#83 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:46 PM

Oh - Andy, have you read Five Children And It or The Princess And the Goblin?
#84 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM

morning mamas - going back to catch up on all of the posts!
#85 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:03 PM

who is the DDDDC phantom anyway??????? I was sure it was Andy but she just denied it. Fess up!!
My boys are sleeping in today! Torin slept well last night. He always goes to bed with us. Sometimes when we are at our wits end trying to get him to go to sleep we turn the lights off and he then turns to me and nurses himself to sleep. Its so funny. He thinks he's an adult and should just stay up with us and get up with us. Its killing our sex life. He wants to make sure he is the only babe around for a while! :LOL
#86 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:37 PM

Mary, we got your postcard today! Thanks. I like the part about the glacier being near your house. I want a glacier near our house - oh wait, no, I like warm weather and dry ground.

I dreamed that we got more postcards but they were blank. I was disappointed but Evelyn chewed on them indiscriminately.

Lisa, that's crazy about the carpet. Evelyn loves to pull on the bathroom rug. She would probably eat it if she could get some.

This morning she wanted my food, so I gave her a hard-boiled egg. (the whole thing, peeled; she was sitting in her clip-on chair.) That entertained her and us for a while, as she tried to get a hold on it and get it to her mouth. She did manage to lick it once or twice, but then it hit the floor - game over. She's much more patient when trying to grab food than toys.
#87 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:38 PM

oo, gotta increment the post count.
Ah, it is making me wait 20 seconds! For 20 seconds, I have 666 posts.
#88 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:41 PM

.DS is douing a sewing project and dropping pins all over the house help

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#89 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 01:48 PM

I thought the vidoe was really cute...I ahven't gotten a chance to watch the others.

I've determined that myhusband really isn't all that usefull. In fact at times he's like having another child. I feel bad making this statement, but other than walking the dog (which I can do too) and making me a latte...he only gets himself ready in the morning...even now that he's started his new job and doesn't have to leave til 7:30. I'm actually getting used to this idea, too. I think I'd be much happier if I didn't think he should be helping. Whatever...

I told him he criticizes me too much and he said he doesn't tell me EVERYTHING that bothers him....so there's more? Yikes I must suck more than I thought. Also he's complaining were aren't having sex. Well I don't feel particularly loved or appreciated right now...and I'm done doing my "wifely" duty. I enjoy sex and I would like to do it when I feel like it.

And one more thing...he complains he doesn't get vote in rasing the girls. Do youknow he has yet to read anything? SO I do all this research, and a lot of gut feel too but he thinks it would be better if the girls cio...why? Because his buddies say so. Why do I want to delay vaxing...'causeI've read too much. But why can't we just do what everybody else does? Because I want more for my kids. And because I enjoy being a mom. I love fussing over cloth diapers and tucking them in bed at night. I think reading books and playing at the park is much more enjoyable than everybody staring at a TV. And personally I would rather not giver her Lucky Charms...she's mean on sugar. He even jokes about the sugar demon in whispering in her ear "bite Mommy!"
I don't care what everybody else is doing!!!!!

Sorry...vent over...ugh.

Laura that's awesome you have figured out how to get Megan to nurse more consistently. And how exciting would that eb to return your pump?! and love the video of K. A Star in the making!

Pam sorry 'bout the mix up with the nursing tanks. The only drawback to purchasing thins online.

Andy-Yay on some sleep!

Jessi- I'm glad I'm not th only one who has a difficult time transistioning between working and mommying.

Annie- How's Kobe? the appt is today right? Hope somethign get figured out...

Lisa- Sorry sleeping was so hard for Lauren. I'm hungry all the time too. I even had a bedtime snack and still woke up hungry.

Kathy you're a trooper to workout at night. By the end of the day I'm drained of any motivation. I did go for a run last night. Too hot though.

Sheri-Yikes on the sewing project.

So I mushed up bananas for Isabelle. I think she was more intereseted in the spoon :LOL

I took the girls (Ruby mostly) for bagels on the ways to work this morning. I love bagels. Yum!

hi ho hi ho it off to work I go!
#90 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Question for y'all. Expressed breast milk: mine is going bad quickly.
We just recently started tasting it before giving it to the baby, and it goes sour fast.
Example: my milk from Monday was stored in the fridge at work immediately after pumping. I took it out and tasted it just now. Monday morning's milk (stored in an Avent bottle with the plastic cap where the nipple would go) was bad. Monday afternoon's milk (stored in a Medela bottle that came with the pump, solid plastic lid) was still good. Isn't two days a little fast to be going bad in the fridge?

I've poured out a lot of milk lately. Today it was 6 oz (I was so proud that I pumped 6 oz again :cry). Last Monday it was over 12 oz of stuff left in the fridge over vacation.

Why does it go sour so fast? Heidi, with your sour-taste-but-still-good milk it only does it after freezing, right? I'm pretty sure Evelyn has been drinking it sour, off and on, for ages, and it does not make her sick. She is not enthusiastic about drinking it, though, or eating it in rice cereal.

Since the freezer is down to like three bottles (and who knows whether any of those are good; I didn't taste 'em before putting them in there), I told Nana that when she's out of milk from the previous day, feed her food and water in the sippy cup. Evelyn likes to eat and to drink from the sippy cup.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page