Janulicious July #2 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa--Mary's the pro for this one! How good a job do you think you've been doing on keeping hydrated (especially because it's been hot over there lately.) And do you think you've been taking in a good amount of K (your special diet and supplements may be affecting how much your body needs or is able to process, so maybe it's never been something to pay attention to before, but now . . . ?).

I know it's a pain to get those things checked out, but an EKG might make you feel better if it's still there tonight or tomorrow. Once after a long bike ride (60+ miles) my heart rate wouldn't come down, even after like 3 hours it was still 140bpm. That was a really scary day because it was so weird to have something going on like that. It was just a bad mix of stress, pseudoephedrine and dehydration (we routinely rode in 95-degree weather, but we had to train!), but I felt much better after I got checked out.

Sorry I wasn't able to type back at you this morning. The babies have kept me on my toes in a serious way . . . they're back to not sleeping . . . they're too big for such silliness as naps, I guess. s It's like that a lot of days. I might not be able to write, but I'm probably here!

Time to switch babies.
#122 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 PM

aw, Jeni, a big hug to you! What happened today?
#123 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Need to rock C, but Mary--where do you get your salmonberries? the woods, or they sell them at the store?
#124 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 PM

Jeni - hang in there mama!!! Time for a mommy time out. Can you call someone? go somewhere? You were stuck in that house all day - maybe some time OUT will be helpful. Can MIL come help for an hour or two? I know it feels like it would be easier to give up, but even w/out your family, you still have YOU to deal with, so don't slide over any edges, just hang tight until you feel better. Have you been to therapy lately to talk about how you are feeling? Poor mama I'm so sad that you are not happier now, but I know you will get happier in time. Just remember that you have felt this way before and come through the other side to see the beauty of your baby girl, the world that offers so much, your family that loves you no matter how many times you whack them w/empty oj cartons... you are so loveable and wonderful in so many ways. And although we can't come and play with you, we ARE your friends and we DO love you. We all know how hard this mommy thing is... no personal space, time, no freedom, it's VERY tough. Get some time for yourself tonight so that you can get your teeth yanked tomorrow without feeling overwhelmed by other stuff. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Annie - OOOooh I want to stay there so bad!!! That place is JUST what I need.... but I don't have 10k for this trip. We're trying to find somewhere that my friend's timeshare has a place in (which they do in oahu) because we CAN afford that ($600 for the week, about half of what the other place cost). Given the chaCHING of airfare, we are only halfway convinced it's worth it... butI'm rooting for it!!! Jerry is saying So. Cal because it's closer, cheaper, has golf/disney and his sister and bil could meet us there. probly they wouldn't go all the way to hawaii, kwim? But maybe...

Lisa - sleep deprivation will do it too. Hope you are feeling better after LLL and maybe you'll even get some sleep tonight! Ever hopeful... you can always do like I do and just ignore it ...ori only fusses for a minute or two (according to Jerry) before going back to sleep for another 1-2 hrs. amazing little creatures.

Jessi - is this the first time in all your pumping that this has happened? Seems like you've been pumping for a while, and it might've shown up earlier if it was a lipase reaction, no? hrmmm

Mary - I had something to say to you too, but now I can't remember ... oh yeah! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVE Salmonberries. we used to pick them down by the beach in Tsawwassen. SO yummy. Beca used to come home juicy and sticky and so delish... oh, I miss the west coast.

Joyce - amazing that you can get on here at all!!! Can you nurse them both at the same time, or do you start to hear "maaaaahm, she touched me!" "he pinched" "she's on my side" omg! I gave myself shivers :LOL at least it sounds like your helper is really working out for the time being (whew!). I spoke with Houston today - hot there, huh?! The granola threads mama finally called me back. she's really nice...

ok, off to make soft apples and clean the kitchen. dh is watching THE DOGGIE CHANNEL!!! HELP!!!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#125 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Aw Jeni, hugs!

Heart stuff - I've always had "strange unidentified" issues... it's not racing, it's a def. flutter here and there, never been caught on an EKG. Had a big episode after L was born, got a beautiful doppler done of my heart, nothing showed. That was like the 4th time something happened.

Anyhow, I'll tell y'all all about my heart tomorrow, someone wants to go to bed. It's a fun story for the med people to hear.

I know I have enough calcium and magnesium, not sure on zinc, A, K, and C. When my potassium goes low my eyelid twitches... no twitching here.

Anyhow, banana and water and I are going to bed. I can't do OJ, but I'll go drink some apple.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#126 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Carmen's getting some time off in the swing. She gets close to sleep, but then starts to cry. She's starting to get a little touched out, so maybe some swinging with the fishies will be okay for a little while, then we try again. On TV is the Tour de France, stage 3. Dad taped it for me, so great.

Since Jeni, you're not back, I hope you've taken some time to cool off (literally and figuratively). You sounded okay (with the exception of the car/bike incident : ) this morning, what happened? Anything we can help you feel better about, or it is just everything/life/hot summer/unhappy baby/naughty DH who doesn't help like he should/no-end-in-sight? And you sound kind of isolated out, there, too; Lord knows you're not exactly in Cruncheyville with somebody to commiserate with around the corner and down the block! I don't know how you and Pam (out there on the edge of the world in NS!) do it. You've got a great baby and you're a good, thoughtful mama. You deserve to be happy and feel proud of the great job you're doing. Let us know how we can help you get there.

No, Andy, they still kind of annoy each other when we nurse at the same time. They don't like it when the boob lets down when they don't want it to (but the other twin is making it so) and they're always sticking fingers in each other's various orifices and knees bonk heads and whatnot. I think when they're older and have a little more control (i.e., crawling), we'll try again. I don't mind doing one at a time; I actually prefer it. And if they're just eating (and not just sucking for jollies), they can eat a good meal in about 6 or 8 minutes. So it's not a hardshipe.

Getting them to sleep is the hardship! :LOL She's ready to try again, I think.
#127 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Hey Lisa - now you're like me...with like 7 posts to go and off to bed HA HA!!! You're close, mama!

Dh has moved on to ladies log rolling (I'm sure you're thrilled to know).

And I'm off to make soft apples... Karen - hope you made it home ok and Luka is better and you got some sleep and filled up on family and are ready to chilllllllll at home for a bit...

caio mamas!

#128 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 PM

LOL joyce! I know another twinilicious mama who doesn't tandem either. I mean she tandem nurses, but not at the same time. I think I'm tired...

Do you have bayous? Like in louisiana? That lady on the phone was talking about a bayou and blablabla and I'm all...isn't that in Lousiiana but I didn't ask. Chicken :0

Bought the high chair today - but it's out of stock until Sept (but we get free ship and a half price cushon, so I'm not complaining). Our neighbor has one we can use in the meantime, if we really need it. He's ok on our laps for the time being. My guess is 3 more weeks before he can sit up reliably in a chair anyway, at least, so I'm not rushing. I do really like the chair. I just can't swallow another $100 for somehting fancier when our own chairs aren't very fancy. kwim? If I had a nice dining set I could see spending the extra $$

I ordered a glamourmom tank today, too. Since it's in exchange for the one that came undone, it's *really* only $20 more...gulp...

And that's IT. Oh, and the new bblp. And when we were there they had these new theether things that looked cool, so I'm trying them out too. Less than $5, so that was the bargain of the day, eh! It's not always easier living in the land of strip malls with every conceivable store in town. MUCH harder to budget :

g'nite mamas!

#129 of 493 Old 07-13-2005, 11:49 PM

Teething has hit heavy over here the past couple of days adn then Mr C came back from Granny's puking all over yesterday so he was whiny and out of it today

Jeni you really need a break. Even if you just get out for a 15 minutes walk alone, it'd be a start

I ddddc'd Joyce I coulnd't resist but thats it. And I don't think I'd do another one it was so complicated I couldn;t figure it out and CM had to e-mail to get it done

Postcards I got 3, Alaska, NY, and Texas or Tex-ass as ds reads it I bought mine today and started writing them out after dinner I still have a few more to go but they should be going out soon

DS made a teddy bear from a kit. He did about 1/2 of it, but it was his first time sewing so I thought that was good. I tried to get him to dye some yarn with me but he wasn't interested oh well that'll be a project for another day

AF is back

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#130 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 12:00 AM

Mine too Az - you are NOT alone on that one. 6 mos isn't bad, hon! Hey - six less months of dealing, right?! Sorry ds is sick. bummer. I'm really not into going into the kitchen and doing the darned apples. I have sweet pots in the ice cube trays right now, so I'd need to clear and clean them out, peel and steam the apples, smash them, then freeze them. Ug...

Nite again!

#131 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 12:14 AM

I'm around. Finally got her to sleep. I dunno, he just wasn't up for giving me much of a break, I asked him to do something towards dinner and he slammed stuff around in the kitchen and made a mess because it wasn't spotless when he walked in. I went and told him to get out of my kitchen if he can't do anything without destroying stuff, and he lied about where stuff was on the counter, crumbled up the (recyclable, waiting for me to rinse even though he drank it all) juice carton and threw it away while laughing at me, and the rest is history. I threw a bunch of other stuff around and I don't know what all. Then it started up again later after the baby woke up and I wanted him to take her and he didn't get it. I was really pissed that there was no way I was going to make it to the farmers market today. I have no idea what I'm going to eat for the next few days. I wanted to put soup in the crockpot tomorrow. I didn't even get to make myself any jello, and I don't feel like doing it now.

I am lonely. There's no one in RL who's nice to me who doesn't want something from me. I know you guys are out there, but still... you're all out there somewhere.

MIL lives too far away to drag her out here in the evening when she has to come tomorrow, too. I did suggest just giving her the baby, though. : I really don't know if I can do this much longer. It must be horrible for her to have to listen to us screaming all the time, scaring her, raising her stress levels and everything. At least she slept through half of it today.

And it is terribly hot. The living room is horrible. No air moves through here, and I still don't have a fan for out here. And I don't want to go tomorrow. No one has shown any kind of sympathy or concern. I just want to curl up on someone and cry, and no one even cares. Everyone just laughs at me. I know a guy who just had his out and something happened with the nerve where, if someone so much as tapped him in the face, the muscle would seize up and it would break his jaw and he'd need surgery. Something like that. He went through weeks of this before it finally calmed down. There's other stuff that I don't want to get into, but yeah... multiple stress factors.

No therapy or counselling or anything. We're hoping to get an exhaust on the car sometime this month. It's only 8 months overdue for inspection now. : So that's where all the extra money is going now.
#132 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 AM

jeni - sending hugs!!!!!!!! thinking about u and sorry u r feeling this way.......
#133 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Hey - my town got ranked #22

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/top100_1.html

and the town I grew up in is #11. Geez
My town doesn't rank
Grew up in #35 (Scottsdale, AZ)
Moved from #94 (Kenosha, WI)

PM
#134 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:06 AM

okay, wait!!! You ladies are too chatty for me lately :LOL I finished the old post to find 7 pages here

I will never catch-up...

Now I can't even remember what I wanted to reply to on the old thread

I finished the soaker for Aine from the yarn I received in the swap (from Annie ). It looks darn good if I do saw so myself. I am quite proud of my efforts, and I am excited that they are coming much faster. I am going to knit two pairs of longies next (one for Aine and one for my niece). Then I have to work on holiday presents...

Wow on all the solids. I am inherently lazy, so I like waiting I think we may wait until around 7 months, because we are traveling the end of August/Sepetmeber for about 5 weeks. The last 3 weeks I will be visiting my sister, so I think that may be a good time...

Yuck on stinky dh's - to all that this applies to....

to all that need it

Yeah on Megan again...

Received one postcard thus far...

Will buy some this weekend. Will mail CD to Andy too ( : )

PM
#135 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:08 AM

Jeni!!!! Oh jeez - sounds like you are sooooo stressed? If you need to talk, you know we are all here for you. Its not the same as having a "real" shoulder to cry on, but believe you me, we are all here for you!! Do you think its just nerves about tomorrow, or is it just a ton of crap all hitting the fan at once??? Could you call a crisis hotline? They can sorta talk you down, and its free.

So, Andy - I went a little crazy with the online spending today too. I got a glamourmom tank, 3 pairs of shorts from REI, and some stuff off the TP : I'm just sick of my clothes. Actually, I'm a bit frusterated with REI. Seems like they always stock only the bigger sizes, and even then they always only have a couple pairs in stock. Whats up with that? Anyways, all my clothes are baggy, since I've got these little opihis sucking the fat right out of me. Oh well...its just money. They'll always be more.

Skipped out on the zoo. Kobe started hiving again. Didn't want to risk it. And Violet and Mak are sooooo grouchy today. Seems liek one or the other is crying. As soon as I set one down and start nursing the other. The other is screaming again. Joyce you probably know how I feel. Ah...and so it goes. They've both got a little bug with a weird rash. Apparently it was something going around at LLL, cause a bunch of the babies in our playgroup have it.

Has anyone seen the movie version of Phantom of the Opera? Watched it last night. What did you think?
#136 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Miss E had some tomato yesterday and she poo'd this morning and I momentaraly freaked becasue it looked like there was blood in the poo, then I realised it was a chunk of tomato that she must have swalloed
Beets freaked me out the first time ds had them. They turned his urine and poop a weird dark red color. Stopped me in my tracks for a second

PM
#137 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 AM

Heather - you need to send me a pic of that soaker. I'm dyeing (hehe) to see how it knitted up!!

Oh Laura - you nursing goddess!! I am so amazed at you and Megan. How wonderful and fabulous that you stuck with it. I bet it feels SO good to have her latched on, and soon she'll prolly be a little nursing toddler, up to all their antics. All I have to say is WOW. Just WOW. you are so cool.
#138 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette
Hey you AZ folks, I got something on a mailing list that a friend of a friend is looking for a mw in the Sierra Vista area. Anyone near that area and/or know of someone?
I am in a suburb of Phoenix, so no help from me. I am not even positive where Sierra Vista is ( : ). I have lived her for the past 20 odd years...

Going to look at the map when I am done catching up...
#139 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail

oh yeah and tomorrow is our welcoming and blessing ceremony for Abby's dolls... (her idea)
Too cute!! We often do things for Eamon's toys. Recently he told me he was nursing his bugs (while playing outside he likes to collect them).... :LOL :LOL :LOL
#140 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunches
r u there, Lisa?? its me, Mary....
do you guys remember, "Are You There God, Its Me, Margaret" or am I revealing my age??????
when I get on this forum, my silly side comes out and i just start remembering and laughing at the dumbest things...... like Barry Manilow songs, Judy Blume books, etc.......

Sounds like your age is close to mine as all of those things resonate with me...
#141 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette
Okay, save your ire for Mike. I'm much worse. I've been stomping around the house all night complaining and screaming and saying that I hate everyone. I hit him in the head with an empty orange juice carton. I refused to nurse the baby until she was really upset and then she wouldn't nurse well anyway. I just want to get out of here so bad. I want to leave them both. I don't want to do any of this anymore.
being a mother and a wife are tough jobs by themselves. Combined together they are sometimes impossible jobs.

Take a deep breath and know that we are hear for you. The crazy days often end with peaceful nights...

PM
#142 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 01:54 AM

Hey All!

Town Ranking - I currently live near #35 (Scottsdale) and my grandparents live in #74 (Meridian, ID) so we visit there every couple of years.

Sierra Vista MW - Sierra Vista (PM this is for you ) is just south of Tucson. It is a big retirement community. Probably the closest midwife would be in Tucson. So, Heather, are there any in Tucson. I don't know, but someone on the AZ mamas group might.

Laura - You are amazing and an inspiration to us all. Just goes to show what determination can do.

Beets - I knew there was another reason why I didn't eat them. I can't stand the dirt taste, but wierd poo and urine colors get to me too.

Knitting - I have a huge favor for one of you knitting mama's. We don't use wool for covers, since I exclusively use AIOs, but I was thinking it might be nice to have something warm and comfy for the mild winters that we have here. If I paid for the yarn or something, would one of you make me a pair of longies for a 12 month old? I would totally appreciate it and be your best friend. I can crochete, but not knit, and I totally love to embroider and cross-stitch, but I can not knit. PM me and we can talk and work something out!

Jeni - Hugs lady, hugs. I wish I was there to help. I felt the same way with my first. I was stuck at home because of the heat, not because of a car, but I distinctly remember the trapped and helpless feeling and wanting to run away. Heck, sometimes I still do. But we are here, and if you ever need to call and talk in person, let me know and we can exchange numbers. Hugs.

We are going away for the weekend. By the time I get back, you are probably going to be on page 27 or some crazy thing. Wish me luck with a plane flight with 2 kids. Luckily there are going to be a number of adults with me in addition to DH. I am going to put Will in the Mei Tai and see what the flight attendants say about it.

Okay, better go finish packing. I'll pop in later.
#143 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killick
Sierra Vista MW - Sierra Vista (PM this is for you ) is just south of Tucson. It is a big retirement community. Probably the closest midwife would be in Tucson. So, Heather, are there any in Tucson. I don't know, but someone on the AZ mamas group might.
Thanks for the geography lesson. I knew it was south just not sure where exactly ...

Either the AZMAMAS list or the BrithCircle list. I'll ask around for you...

PM
#144 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 06:36 AM

Good Morning!!!...Kathy??? Andy, Lisa, Laura, Sheri Anyone else?

I'm off to bed.
#145 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 08:34 AM

I'm up and I really dopn't eant to be. I am so tied I feel like I got no sleep, between the teething and some guy hammering all might. I'd get Elizabeth all nice and asleep and BANG BANG BANG And they my cat allergies have been acting up terrible so I haven't been able to sleep upstairs in my bed because the cats hang out in our carpeted bedroom and they especially like my pilklow I'm going to try to go back to sleep

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#146 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 AM

Morning Mamas!

Wow, missed a whole lot of posts yesterday! We were busy with friends coming over in the morning, and then doing a bunch of stuff in the afternoon. Then last night was a rather unorthodox evening ~ both girls awake until 10.... GACK!!!

BUT.... before I go back and read over the posts, I have to tell y'all what a FUN mail day it was at our house yesterday!!!

ANDY!!!! Awwww, thank you!! You are a gal after my own heart, you know that? I am indulging as we type... Our friends buy that particular coffee, and we love going over for dinner with them ~ for the great conversation AND great coffee! Thank you so very much. I feel so loved!

We also got not one, but *two* postcards which thrilled Tessa to pieces. Thanks to Torin (and his Mama Mary) and Carmen & David (Mama Joyce!). Couldn't get two more different postcards, either ~ the glacial beauty of Alaska, and the rugged plains of TX!

Ah, Brynn awakens... be back later!
#147 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Joyce, I don't know physically how you are shaped, but my well endowed friend with twins would nurse flat on her back on the floor - one boob to each side, and with her babes up on her arms they'd both reach to eat but not reach eachother - and when they were bigger, it was the easiest thing for her to do, since at like 18 months they both always wanted to eat at the same time.

Andy, gezus, where does your dh get this stuff? Does he have a special cable channel that brings in the strange and obscure sports from around the world?

Aw Sheri, bummer on AF!

Awww Jeni, you too! Hugs! I'm sending your dentist very very good dental vibes to make your day painless and easy!

Heather, thanks for the color heads up on beets!

Mary, "are you there god" was put on a list of banned books when I was in middle school. Of course I had already read it before then Oh, coolest thing ever, my parents owned a bookstore when I was in middle-high school. Talk about the nerdy quiet kid's dream come true! I learned to read books VERY carefully and not crease the binding and pages, and I read a book a day I swear!

Annie, I almost got up at 2 to come talk with you, I wasn't sleeping too well!

Ok, going to post, get my breakfast, and come back to talk some more.

#148 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so I am totally freaked out. Y'all have to answer my questions and reassure me that it's totally normal.

I think the new meds have finally kicked in, bigtime. Because yesterday Lauren nursed at 7 in bed, and I got up, and at 9:30 dh brought her to me "she's hungry" and left. Well I offered, she sucked one time (not even a real suck) and refused the breast. So I put her on the floor and gave her a toy and showered, we went out, she didn't fuss to nurse again until almost 11. Only a few sucks. Nursed again at like 12 for a few sucks, but again, not a full meal. Nursed a decent amount at 1:30, and a full meal at 4, and a full meal at 8, and a meal at 10.

Now you are probably saying "that's exactly what my kid does" and if you are, tell me that! Because last week she was nursing every hour when awake and every 2 hrs at night. And I realize that at this age every 3 hours is "normal" for daytime meals, but IT'S NOT NORMAL HERE! And it's totally totally throwing my sense of the day out the window

Last night at 10 she nursed and I was pretty full and she stopped and rolled away and went to sleep. And I'm sitting there going wtf, she always nurses foreeeever at night to sleep. And I could hand express w/squirts when she was done... so she certainly didn't take all she could have.

AND Pam, Annie, how many pees are you getting now? Not catches, but total pees in a day? Because she's peeing so much less too! Which I know is directly related to the less frequent feedings and how hot it is here.... but again, totally freaks me out, since it's not what we've done for the last 6 months!

Aaaah!

But on a more positive note, she's only urped a few times during the day, and not at all in bed, although the amount of drool more than makes up for it.

She seems happy, she doesn't look/act dehydrated, it's just SO UNUSUAL!

-L

#149 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 09:17 AM

I just wanted to say big hugs to you Jeni, I feel like that soooo much! Now back to read...
#150 of 493 Old 07-14-2005, 09:22 AM

Lisa: Bea has days like that, on and off. Some days she does the every hour. And we're definately noticing a sudden reduction in number of pees this week. It was kind of worrying me, but I know it's supposed to slow down at some point here, so that's good.

Thanks for all the hugs folks.

Now if only this baby would go back to sleep so I'm not still in my undies when MIL shows up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page