Janulicious July #2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Andy's intro:
Az lives in Mass., and it's her baby that's Miss E. who is smaller, like Ori. Jessi is in St. Louis, Jess is in Co. Mary and Laura had the preemies (to different degrees), Megan and Torin. T is now a bruiser and Megan is sweet and petite (like Miss E.) .

Lisa is in Cleveland (with Drew Carey and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and her house is always under construction - her little (or big) girl has reflux, and used to sleep through the night but doesn't any more... Lisa did the elim. diet to straighten this out... and hopeful that someday she'll get to sleep again.

Andy and Karen have kids who don't sleep a lot, but they nap (usually).

Nicole has Will (who along with Mary/Torin, Andy/Ori, half of Joyce's 2 (David), and Karen/Luka are all the boys in this little group) who had surgery and came through like a CHAMPION! She, Jessi, Jess, and Mary (and maybe I'm forgetting someone?) are all back at work outside the home at least part time now. Heidi lurks and works

Annie had our first full term babe, and our first flower . Heidi had our last, and our last flower !

Pam gets special mention because she's Canadian (no canadian smilie ) has chickens AND has a toddler and a baby !

Jessi is a runner, and runs with weird people who don't smoke but who do hash , stalks diapers and pumps like a maniac (no pumping smilie - now THAT's a tragedy!) .

Karen eats weird fruit, has a TRILLION fish and some chickens AND has two georgous older boys we're all dying to get matched up to our daughters (if for no other reason than to be family with Karen!) - she lives in Hawaii (was there someone on this thread that didn't know that?), as does Annie, who has a preschooler, a toddler AND a baby! .

Ah, and then we have the crafty among us - Ann the knitter (and there are other knitters too - Az and Kathy, ???), Karen the sewer, Kathy the photographer, Jeni the sewer, Nicole the cross-stitcher! Andy makes platypus costumes as her specialty , and Jess keep Colorado magical w/chalk!

There's the mamas of twins (Joyce and Michelle), and mamas who wish they had chickens (Joyce, Az, Andy, Kathy, Lisa, Jessi, Jess, Nicole, Heather and Mary (did I miss someone?). (no chicken smilie, either)

There's the West Coasters (Cat and Tiger and Mary - do we have an Oregon connection?), the midwesterners (or Prairie people as the Canadians say it) (Lisa, Jessi) the Southeners (Heather, Kathy, Heidi); the East Coasters (Jeni, Az, Andy, Laura) and the Islanders (Annie and Karen). And, living out of her igloo (don't all canadians live in igloos ), Pam!!!

The nurses (Mary, Annie, was-Joyce), the midwives (Heidi and Karen).

Those amongst us who have new cars (Kathy, Joyce and Mary) and new house stuff (Lisa floors, cabinets and more wha ha ha...SOOO much more!, Heidi (EVERYTHING had to be replaced! ), Az (fridge), Andy (got a new stove!), and someone else had to get something done...

Then there are the two girl families , there's a few of those (Kathy, Jess, Laura, Pam), and the first time moms (Jessi, Heidi, Jeni, Mary, Lisa, Catnip (tho the twins count as being a parent), Tiger ).

And there's the Canadians, the Cans abroad, the married to Cans, and I can't even remember who they all are (Pam, Jeni, Andy, Kathy).

We have parents of older kids (Karen (8 and 12), Andy and Az (both 7), and Catnip (TEENagers )).

And our most precious, hardworking, dedicated, and harrassed amongst us, those with toddlers/preschoolers and babies (we do love you guys!!!) - Pam, Kathy, Heather (who lives in Arizona), Jess, Laura, Annie, Nicole, am I forgetting someone? Mushy brains...sorry!

PETS!!! How could I forget pets! There's the dog people (I'm definately going to forget people, so post and I'll edit in) - Nicole, Andy, Lisa, Mary) and the cat people (Karen, Jeni, Ann - there's more...I need help here) and the both people (Az, Jess and ???), but truly, Az takes the cake with a full menagerie and THEN some!

Karen is on her way home from the mainland and Megan is NURSING! Woohoo!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#2 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:01 AM

subscribing..

oh yeah, G decided that since crawling is so tough, she's like to start walking instead. Sunday night, she was walking while we held her ribcage, and she was walking all around the room. She'd walk toward whichever family member was most interesting at the time, and she was taking these giant marching steps. It was cure, and she was so proud of herself, she was grinning the whole while.
#3 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Good morning, ladies.

Pam, sounds like somebody's going to be chasing the chickens REALLY SOON! Wow!
#4 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

So I was sitting here typing to y'all and dh was surfing the web, so I asked him to take Lauren for a few minutes (I specifically said "Hey how about 15 and then I'll put her down for a nap") and he walked off with her and put her down for a nap. Which in itself is good, BUT my right boob is engorged!

I have this NICE routine, I nurse on lefty when she wakes from a nap so I can type w/my right hand, and then I nurse her on righty 1.5 hrs later in bed so she goes to sleep. And then in the evening I just nurse her because it's too late to nap. Guess I'm going to go get out my pump!

Found yogurt starter that is dairy free, and I ordered it, and they want to know who my physician is before they will send it to me. I wrote back saying I don't have a doctor, we'll see how that goes. I'm sure it's all a marketing ploy, but geez, how hard is it to send me my $30 bottle of powdered yogurt starter?

OOOOH I think the pump is in the fridge - but it's probably gross (and moldy) so I don't wanna find out. Time to learn hand expression? lol

#5 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 AM

Hey - my town got ranked #22

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/top100_1.html

and the town I grew up in is #11. Geez

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#6 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:36 AM

WOW Wtg G!! thats amazing

I can't believe you gals are talking about me to your dh's :LOL

Thanks again for all your words of support and such! It means so much because it really is hard work and seems like only you gals seem to understand

Andy- thats cool! For giggles I thought I'd check to see if mine was there, and low and behold we are #89!!! I couldn't believe it. Funny how Larry is always talking about the town he grew up in and how great it is, well it didn't make the list. neener neener :LOL
#7 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:40 AM

wow there were only 4 towns in MA that were finalist! unfriggin real. Larry is gonna love this, he's all into that stuff
#8 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 AM

Ok - good morning! Not ONE comment about those alternative meanings... I thought they were kinda funny myself. Testicle was a good one! Oh well - bunch of too serious mamas. I'll have to find more funnies to lighten up your day here.

Pam - WOW about G.! Ori likes to stand, but he's too wobbly to walk anywhere. He does get that proud face when he pees in the potty, though. We know that face

Cool about the new eggs! I hope your babies don't squish them - I think a lot of chicks don't live to tell the tale of the toddler visitor...I think I squished one once, but honestly I don't really remember. My brother says I did, my mother says I didn't. whatever. They'll be cool to have!

Lisa - sounds like you are getting your own little chicks in a row! It is a good thing to get some diet. advice from someone who understands your situation. I hope they do. Usually they are great people to bounce those kinds of ideas off of, but they can also have their own agendas... good luck!

Joyce - Thanks! You are on the ball, mama! And I'm not so much... : another rough night here last night. These late evenings at the pool are really making it hard to put him down. It's taking over an hour of nursing and quiet time to get him to sleep. : I can not even IMAGINE finishing with him and starting over with another baby. Beca is hard enough!

So what's up w/the yogurt starter that they would even CARE who your doctor is? Is it for some kind of special diet or something??? weird. It must be brutal, becuase at least I can eat soy yogurt!!!

Annie - I'm sending your cook book today

Ok, off to do more laundry. Havea great day mamas! Az - if I were you I'd bring my boppy and knitting and go to a Barns and Nobles and hang out in their big comfy chairs with the kids today. Gunna be a sizzler!!!

#9 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:53 AM

For all the urbanites...

http://www.ahajokes.com/crt249.html

Star Wars fans http://www.ahajokes.com/crt422.html

cat fanatics http://www.ahajokes.com/crt877.html

If you thnk it's too hot out... http://www.ahajokes.com/crt035.html

Ok - that's it for me!

#10 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 11:59 AM

Oh Laura - I've told SO many people about what you have been doing... it REALLY is so amazing. But maybe you're right, maybe people DON'T understand how hard it is. That's entirely possible. Well mama, WE UNDERSTAND!!!

Have you made any contacts in that Yahoo group? It's kinda hard to just jump in I guess, but I thought there'd be some good mamas on that site. I found it in the siggy of a mdc mama.

Ok - LAUNDRY ANDY, LAUNDRY!!!

#11 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 PM

Ugh Andy I think you're right it was 83 in the bedroom when I got up I wish I could just skip oout and go to b&n but I have to do laundry I'm in a cami and pj shorts right now. It was either that or jeans and sweaters, the pjs won out :LOL

Miss E has been doing these power pees lately. She was just draped over my lap and peed and it shot right through the diaper (prefold). It really did shoot too the pee puddle was down and a couple of inches out . She's got a cover on now :LOL

I still haven't bought postcards : We went to go get some yesterday after the dentist but the torist shops were all closed IT WAS ONLY 5 :

Miss E had some tomato yesterday and she poo'd this morning and I momentaraly freaked becasue it looked like there was blood in the poo, then I realised it was a chunk of tomato that she must have swalloed

Laura I talk about you to my dh too. You are such an insperation Joyce too :LOL I don't know how you mamas do it. Mama's with toddlers too

Oh I almost forgot. I got a thankyou note from mil I was shocked. Maybe dh's talk really did do somegood it just took awhile to kick in

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#12 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:21 PM

the definitions *were* funny, i'm just in such a fog today, that i forgot about them

none of our eggs will become chicks anyway, just scrambled, fried, and baked in things. we don't even have a roo.
#13 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:35 PM

This was from the previous thread:
Annie, that's good that the house is yours. I do remember when you were pregnant, and we were worried about you and H. Now that Violet is born and thriving and we've heard more of his antics, I'm done cheering for y'all to stay together. Whatever will make all involved happiest and bring peace. Thursday, wow, that's a long time to wait. I hope the immunologist is able to help.
Pretty scarf! I'm working on my first soaker, with the Little Turtle Knits yarn and pattern. So far I've knitted a guage swatch and a half. When I went down a needle size I also switched needle brands, and now my stitches are way smaller, so this guage may be wrong too.

Az, great job on going to the dentist! brave woman.

Mary, yep, Evelyn is having a ball eating! Last night she sucked on an asparagus.
#14 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Sheri - ooh that's cool, or maybe a sign of the apocalypse? Either way, it's nice to know your MIL might be human after all.

Laura, I talk about you EVERYWHERE. I know a mom of twins that were 28 weeks, and she's pumping for them too (they were due in Jan) and I tell ya, I'm chatting about you all the time. And I can't wait to see my LC friend tomorrow so I can tell her too!

So last night I was watching a movie w/Lauren while dh was out at his nerd club meeting. And she was really good, played w/toys and signalled to pee on my lap for like 1.5 hrs. and I only missed one pee Anyhow, he took her so I could watch the last 20 min of the movie and he ended up getting her to sleep. I can't tell you the quantity of mama guilt and relief I felt over that one - there have been so many times where I am in bed and frustrated and I feel like I'm trapped there as a milk machine and I just don't want to be there, and then of course I felt guilty for feeling relieved for not feeling trapped, between the limited foods I am eating and all the night waking and fussing and screaming during the day, I just really needed to let go a bit. So I told dh that he gets 3 nights a week to put her to sleep, that I'll feed her and she'll be plenty full and that he'll have to snuggle her down. I think that's fair! He must have actually been listening too, because at 6 when she woke and fussed he grabbed her and told her to go back to sleep and snuggled her, but he doesn't quite understand that she wakes to pee, and then remembers she is hungry once she is awake... so she had been in the same dipe since the movie and ended up peeing while he snuggled her and needed to eat, but overall it was a nice night.

*knock on wood* she actually did sleep for 3 hrs at a time.. which isn't quite enough for me (I need 3 hrs, so I need her to do 4!) but she slept 10-1, 1-4, and 4-6. And then some more after that, but I was mostly awake by then. Hopefully we can start adding 10 min. here and there and build up to some decent hours!

#15 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Hi all!

We've been so busy I've barely had time to read. ButI think I'm mostly caught up.

CONGRATS Laura!!!! I"m so excited for you. I can't even imagine pumping 100% of the time and it must be so rewarding to have your baby take milk from you directly. May your bfing relationship be long and happy!

Lisa- Glad Lauren is feeling better and you're going to get some help from a dietician (sp?). I laughed to hear your dh took your dog in the shower.

Andy- I laughed at your washington post thing. My favorite was negligent. Oh and I hate swimsuit shopping. I bought a one piece from patagonia the ties at the top. I can untie it and throw a towel or shirt on to cover up a bit. Works ok.

Annie- I'm so sorry things are rough with dh and with Kobe. I hope Kobe is feeling better soon and thing are resolved between you and dh. Violet is just beautiful. I think she looks like a bit of an old soul. Wise beyond her years...

Oh I got post cards from Texas and Alaska. Ruby really liked the one from alaska with the big mountain. I hope to get out and buy post cards this weekend. Maybe it will be our mission on friday.

Karen- Isabelle and Ruby both got sick that end of our trip. Sounds like the exact same thing. Ruby cleared up in about 3 days. Isabelle took about a week, but I think some of her troubles are teething. She was fine on the airplane though. She just nursed the whole time (just thinking that your flight home will probably be A LOT longer than mine was).

Pam- you sound much happier. I'm glad things are going better. And how cool on the eggs!

Isabelle can now sit fairly well but I still spot her with my leg or the baby boppy. She's been making efforts to pull her legs underneath her too but I think crawling is still a ways off.

Jessi- that's funny the Evelyn is so into food. I have to admit...I'm a bit lazy. It's so nice to be able to just bring my boobs (sisnce they're attached) and not extra baby food.

I'm not in a big hurry to get Isabelle use to solids. We did let her chew on banana a couple of mornings at the hotel. and she's been gnawing on apple when I have apple. I had such hard time nursing Ruby that I really just want to nurse Izzy for a long time and I guess I worry introducing solids will interfere with bfing.

I'm going to whine a bit now...Dh has really been hard on me lately, mostly about how messy the house is. Like it's solely my fault, he never makes messes. He's such a putz sometimes. And now his thing is to make me feel bad by saying I'm paying too much attention to Izzy and not enough to Ruby. I do my very best to make sure Ruby get Mommy alone time everyday. AndI'm th eone to out her to bed 5 out of 7 night a week. The thing is I think he's really complaining HE's not getting enough attention. Oh and he also says that cloth diapering is not saving us money, it's not better for the environment and makes too much laundry...I only do 2 diaper loads a week. But he won't help with the other 5 loads of the linens, the girls clothes or my clothes. Oh and I'm tired of trying to work and be a mom. I don't think I'm doing a great job at either. Argh.

Well I should go back to working.

Oh...Kathy- I love your pics (and everyone else's for that matter) Our babies are soooo cute.
#16 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:51 PM

Hot?? It dipped into the high 40's last night. Fleece is my friend. :LOL
#17 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM

Andy hope you getting that laundry done. loved the star wars one

Az- wow thats shocking about your mil

Lisa that lady with twins name wouldn't happen to be named Nicole? I bet it is cuz shes from OH and pumping gave birth to 28 wks and was due in Jan. I was an another board w/her and we pm on occasion, they were born 1 day before Megan was

oh yeah no postcards bought here yet :
#18 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Jess what is it w/these dh's lately? when is the boot camp starting up?
#19 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM

well you are in Alaska Mary :LOL hey does it ever reach 100 where u live? I remeber i saw the forecast and it was 80 in Alaska but 40 here and i'm like thats just so wrong
#20 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:02 PM

find it funny that probably by tomorrow our 2nd thread will be longer than some other months first thread for the month
#21 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 PM

yes i'm bored, Megan is sleeping on me and lately when i try to put her down she wakes instantanly crying. its gettin to the point i can't get anything done but just sit on my butt. she does't like it when i move so slingin won't work
#22 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM

oh yeah Andy- i just been reading up on that board not posting too much but it does help me out!
#23 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Oh and on the cloth diper thing... I'm missing 4 of Ruby's fuzzi bunz : I think she threw them away in the disposable pail and I didn't catch it. Maybe I'll just buy 4 Larges to replace them. I know Isabelle will use them eventually...
#24 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Joyce -answering your question from the first thread, WE HAVE NO SET BEDTIME! I was just lying in bed last night wondering if I am a terrible mama because my baby won't go to sleep early. I try to give him a nice, warm bath and wind down around 8pm but it usually takes until 10-11. I am sure the light has something to do with it! It is starting to get darker earlier and I'm relieved about that.
Andy - I liked the flabbergasted and esplanade
Lisa - yay for sleep and dh putting Lauren to bed.... I hear you on the mixed emotions tho!
Jess - sorry about dh! You are doing soooooooooo much with working and taking care of two little ones! dh doesn't help?? I really admire you for all you are doing! I only have 1 infant and he does take up ALL of my time it seems!
#25 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:22 PM

We have crawlage!!!! Ok, so she's still commando-style, but she's moving! Oh boy, here it comes!

Yeah, I've been feeling better mostly. I got a copy fo Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn from the library and it was a bit of a kick in the rear. Plus, I'm making sure I get out alone, even if it means dh has both kids crying for an hour.
#26 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:26 PM

wow crawling! congrats

glad u r feeling better pam
#27 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Lisa- Glad Lauren is feeling better and you're going to get some help from a dietician (sp?). I laughed to hear your dh took your dog in the shower.
Hehehe, no he took LAUREN in the shower But we've been known to take the dog in too, she's so big that it's easier to get in with her than to try and wash her and keep dry!

Quote:
Hot?? It dipped into the high 40's last night. Fleece is my friend.
Mary, you crack me up! It's 95 here today.

Laura, yes, it's Nicole. I met her when Lauren was 3 weeks old, she brought one of the girls to a LLL meeting.

Yikes, 2 pages already. We are CHATTY

Go Geneva Go!

I just went to check on Lauren - she's been sleeping for 3 hrs.. dh tucked her in against a big pillow and she's sooooooo beautiful and on the other side she's snuggled to a baby doll. I'll go take a pic!

Going to drive waaaaaaaaaay to the other side of town this afternoon to pick up a ski machine thingy so I can exercise. Going to drop it off at my mom's though because I just can't fit it in here right now w/all the construction..

Lisa

#28 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Ha Lisa...I must have read it wrong. Yikes! We take Isabelle (and Ruby) in the shower too. So much faster than a bath.

Ugh it's going to be 91 here today and that cooler compared to 96 the last few days.
#29 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Oh come on Laura, we can get to 3 pgs fast

Lauren woke before I could get a pic, but she was awfully cute!

#30 of 493 Old 07-12-2005, 02:20 PM

Today must be a good nap day because Miss E has been sleeping for a couple of hours now

Laura sometimes Miss E is like that about naps, problem is she never stays asleep long on my lap.

I'm working on the laundry. I did get some cleaning done though I had been sewing and the dining room, (where my sewing machine and knitting storage is) looked like a bomb went off. My sewing isn't nearly the whole mess though just the mess that stricktly mine

The house is awefulyl quite over here. Mr C is off with Granny, Miss E is napping, dh is at work and the dogs are sleeping under a down comforter on the couch

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page