~*~*~* First Thread for June '05 Mamas! ~*~*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome June Mamas to our first Life With a Babe Thread!

I guess we have to get used to posting here as all the June babies are here now...

So, please check in and we can get to

to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 02:49 PM

Wow, this is new territory for me!!
#3 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 02:55 PM

Hi June mamas! Just a quick check in... it is so hot and humid here today I'm camped out in the only room in the apartment with air conditioning. Last night I pulled the couch cushions off and made them into a bed on the floor in the same room. Istra slept beside me on a blanket. I can't wait till summer is over!! I'd really like to do some exercise, but I just can't.

I have a plan tomorrow to go to a babywearing group with Istra... not sure if I'm going to make it however, because it's a long way on public transport and it's going to be hot again tomorrow. Sigh.
#4 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 03:16 PM

I can't believe that Madi is a month already! Everything is going good here. We finally got BFing down (she had a hard time latching the first couple of weeks). She's sleeping through most of the night. Waking at about 4 each morning. During the day though, she eats and eats like every hour!

Here's the most recent pic of her and her brother.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...on/tiedye1.jpg

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#5 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 05:00 PM

just barely have a sec but i wanted to check in since i haven't gotten the chance in almost a week...
we're home and doing fine - although it's been pretty chaotic. stepdd is here for her 2 week summer visit so we have a really full house - 5 kids seem like so much more than 4... :LOL
we're having serious financial stresses lately, though - i don't know if we'll even have internet access for much longer. netscape is only $10 a month, but that's $10 we really need right now. dh's insurance coverage kicked in last week and that's close to $400 a month deducted from his pay - he called me from work today pretty drained and down... not good
i'm trying to come up with some moneymaking ideas since i'm not finished with my transcription course, which was the plan by june... agh!
having a new baby is supposed to be joyful - and it is- but it's being overshadowed by so much negative crap right now. bleah.
stella is perfect and sweet though, and we're enjoying her thoroughly. she still doesn't have a middle name - the hospital's records department keeps calling and threatening to issue her birth certificate without one. at this point i guess i'm really not too worried about taking a trip to the county clerk's office. stupid beaurocracy. why can't they just let us take our time??!! oh well. we'll figure it out one of these days...
any suggestions?? :LOL
must run - kids need naps and the babe will want to nurse any second now - plus i'm smelling a litttle breastmilk poop...
birth story is still pending - so much to do, so little time!
hugs to all the june (late may...early july) mamas!!!
#6 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 PM

Baby waking and just wanted to say hi. Make that baby awake and hungry! Be back later!
#7 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 05:49 PM

Banana, we're in the same boat birth certificate included!
We're under more financial stress than we EVER have been. It made the pregnancy not as enjoyable and now that she's here, I'm having a hard time enjoying certain things as well. I think you know what I mean. What I mourn most is not being able to enjoy the pregnancy as much since who knows if we'll have another, ya know? All I can say is at least the birth for me was perfect. Had it not been I might be really depressed right now.
No wait, I am depressed, in laws are scheduled to arrive on Friday morning.
We also don't have a middle name. A guy at dh's work speaks like 18 languages and is supposedly trying to find a name that means twilight for us. We had found one but it means evening twilight, not morning. Not sure if there is such a name but we'll see. If not, I thought of a good one that we could use if I can convince dh. I haven't even called the health dept yet to get someone to come out to do the birth certificate. I wanted to wait till we had the middle name cut and dry.

Hey ladies, how's this for typical???
The other night dh is home and he tells me I look tired. I'm all, yeah, I know, I want to go to bed. It was somewhat early and ds wanted to watch a video with my husband and I thought for sure he would. It was a good thing since the baby was already sleeping and that would give me at least an hour before they came to bed.
Well, dh refuses to watch the video. GREAT! Because ds isn't even tired. But dh is. So I'm like "I'll stay up" and he said no. They decide to come upstairs to wrestle.
So they're wrestling and I'm gathering laundry and whatever. Then my son coughs and gags and I said "He's going to throw up". DH doesn't heed my warning, and then PUKE all over both beds. So dh is washing off ds, I'm removing linens, replacing them, etc.
Then everyone is clean, lights go off, they're both asleep. Then guess who wakes up? The baby! Guess who goes to sleep last? ME!!!!
And did I mention the in laws are coming Friday? LOL! DH had all these plans to clean and all this weekend but he did NOTHING. I have a big door in my living room that he has to cut and hang, and a bunch of other stuff to do of course.
The house will be clean and ready but the way I see it is that they'll understand if it's not perfect. If they don't, then they can just kiss my hiney.
Alright, talk to you later ladies!
Karen
#8 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:01 PM

dont have time to finish reading everyone's posts now, but i did want to add that i had bleeding for 3-4 weeks. I had some retained placenta too, think i had mild accreta over my c/s scar... yet another reason i am glad I had a UC.
#9 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:08 PM

Well today I feel like I have NOTHING but baby/child care to do! The public health nurse weighed Nolan at 9am or so. (10lbs 10oz) and then the first people walked through my house with their shoes on! Now the next people are coming! UGH!!! They walk all through your house and poke around! :

Nolan slept from 1130pm until 523am! Then he went back to sleep and slept until 730. I had to get up after that though and rush to the shower and start cleaning the house up some! But they both slept until about 830 from there! I wish I was laying there with them! :LOL

DD has a hard time with us telling her all the time that she needs to wait for things! I feel bad and so on his long nap today I took her outside and filled her pool and just played with her. Plus the fresh hair tuckers her out!

I got all the paperwork from the loan programs! now I have to go to the bank and apply for these loans! I can't believe this! Plus I am SOOOO scared they will say NO to us! they shouldn't as we have the ten acres already! But still waiting for the answer is stressfull!

Well I am glad I am not the only one still bleeding! But I know what you all feel like!

Well I'm buying time here those people were suppose to be here 6min ago! So I better go! (I don't think the last people liked it to well! They were in and out before I could say goodbye to my friend! :LOL ) Hope you all have sleepy babies again! (of course I should be more specific! AT NIGHT LITTLE ONES!!! )
#10 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:16 PM

Abby is smiling! Gigantic full face beautiful grins

Karennn, remember our dh's were both laid off at the same time last year? Ugg it totally affected my pregnancy as well, especially because the mw was a huge financial burden to us. So our landlord never received our rent check this month. Apparently it was lost in the mail. He just sent a really nasty letter basically assumming that we never paid it and that he "doubts he will ever see the July rent check" and he will be taking action. I just left a super long message on his machine. I hate having to kiss his you know what when we DID pay the rent!!!!!!!!!
#11 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:28 PM

Hi all.

I am feeling but not in a depressed way, just an overwhelmed new mom way! I don't know how you moms with other kids do it.

Just checking in! back to babyland!
#12 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:33 PM

And my DH quit his job that same time, and couldn't work in the state we lived in so we had to move. I don't know why pregnancy and new babies coincide with so many changes and stress.

I saw my endocrinologist today and both of us were sure I was hypothyroid by now. Hopefully we'll get my meds straightened out soon, and I'll feel a little better than I have during the past week. At least I lost a couple of pounds because of it

I think I'm going to go to mommy and me yoga this afternoon. It will be nice to do yoga again.
#13 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:43 PM

I can't wait to do yoga again for real, Jennie. I did 5 sun salutations the other day and my legs were shaking. I am SO untoned right now, it is amazing what several weeks of sitting on your arse will do to your muscle tone.
I got my last paycheck this week, and then I have a few weeks of short term disability at 60% of my pay rate, but Alex is on his own for a few weeks. I want to start working from home starting in August, so that should get me a couple hundred dollars a week--I'm not sure how my boss will pro-rate it, since I was on salary when I left.
I spent the day running errands, cleaning my daughter's dad's house (yeah, weird, I know), and I'm about to run my sister & her husband to the airport for their 2 week trip to London...sort of a delayed honeymoon for them. Makes me a wee bit jealous of their childless ability to just decide "hey, let's go to a different country for a couple weeks!".
Sammy started day camp, and LOVES it. They do all sorts of drama/plays/talent show stuff as part of their day, and my little performer is ALL over that, :LOL
I'm glad she has something to do--I think sometimes when she has too much time to think, she get's anxious and a little depressed. I know that I was like that when I was a kid, especially during summer, and I still am like that quite a bit.
Anyway, got to nurse the kiddo before we head out, and DAMMIT, I still haven't addressed wedding invitations.
#14 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 06:51 PM

nak just checking in.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#15 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Emmy, when is your wedding? Tell us all about it! I weddings.

I am so dying to get back to yoga, too. We went to the water park today (not a big amusement park water park but a small park with water geysers and things the kids can run though) - anyway, they have a big hill next to it and we walked up it and ran down (grandma was holding the baby) and it felt so good! Then my ds wanted to walk up the hill backwards and what a workout it was for my thighs - it felt AMAZING. I cannot wait to get back to working out and yoga. It always makes me feel so good. I wonder if there is a postpartum class around here that I can take Clare to..? hmm

Raina, how sweet about big smiley face Abby

We had a great nights sleep last night so today I feel like I can conquer the world. It's amazing what sleep can do to your mood.

Until later...
#16 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM

Speaking of weddings, I was thinking the other day that there is probably some bulletin board just like ours but specific to the month of a wedding! How about it Emmy??

Don't get me started on landlords. Ours is so hard to read. Sometimes I think she wants to be my best friend, other times I wonder what the heck she's thinking. We had one instance where we asked to split the rent over the course of two weeks and she allowed us to, but when the checks went in the bank, they bounced because dh's direct deposit didn't go through. His job changed banks and didn't tell anyone and everyone got live checks. With direct deposit there they get paid the day before actual payday. Anyway, I ended up getting her a cashier's check and it was a big confusion. She did'nt even know it had bounced and all this crazy stuff... Anyway I would just rather not have to deal with anyone but occasionally things happen and you have no choice. Ridiculous how he didn't call you first to find out if everything was alright rather than make assumptions. Sorry you had to go through that miamommy!!! And yeah I do remember our dh's both getting laid off at the same time. We're still recovering from that. I'm glad we went with a home birth though because no ob's office would let me come without paying something. My midwife bills the insurance company at the very end. Still very scary to go without insurance for almost 6 months but at least I didn't have to pay her out of pocket.
And yikes it's amazing what a difference a few hundred bucks can make. My job is unpredictable; sometimes I can make almost $1000 for two weeks work and sometimes it's only $400 or less... but without working at all and having nothing coming in, it's getting scary. I will probably go back in a little more than a week, but it's going to be limited until I can figure out a rhythm that will work with the two kids. Then when ds goes to kindergarten I may have to adjust again. I usually work at night.... So we'll see.
3 weeks has FLOWN by though. I thought I'd feel different not working but I've been so involved with these two kids that I haven't at all. Makes me worried for the next adjustment which is going back to work.
Speaking of going back, we have to learn how to drink from a bottle soon!!!! I'm thinking next time we go to my parents I'll bring a bottle and some milk and leave the house and let one of them feed her since they'll be the ones giving a bottle to her. I seriously doubt dh waking up in the middle of the night to do it lol! Easier to just roll over anyway. My son took a bottle fine from me but had his first tantrum when dh tried. He was INCONSOLABLE. So I think I'll take the advice that people and books have been giving for a long time--don't give the bottle if you're the mom.
By the way, freecycle rocks. I put a wanted email up for some nursing bras and picked two up today. I had two others who had some for me but I haven't heard back from them.
Anyone notice food is starting to taste different? I mean don't get me wrong I still am loving it, but it's not as wonderful as it was when pregnant. That's sad to me. My new favorite thing is a sour green apple snowcone. We have a snow shaver and my mom had brought over flavors when I was sick last week. I LOVE SOUR. Still working on the marshmallows..
Talk to you all soon,
Karen
#17 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 10:46 PM
mcs

not too much time today (whats new?) but I should start by saying- ignore all that I wrote the other day. Eisa has been an abosolute doll for the last two days. Last night was especially amazing- at the begining of each whimper I would cross my fingers till....."that was it?!" and let out my breath. Almost Fey, was it you who said that you gave up milk? How long until you knew that it was the culprit? I am dying for cheese, for ice cream, for yogart, for.....I am hoping that it was her diaper rash or just some age adjustment.
Angel- my husband is german and the words for twilight are- Dammerung, Zwielicht, or morning star- Morgenshern. Humph, not so pretty.
Organic Bannana- so sorry for all of your stresses.
And for everyone with finacial worries. Add us to the list. I don't understand how our bills get paid. Hilger sais that he doesn't either, but that we shouldn't question it or the magic will end. It seems to be working.
Acctually, in that line of miracles, his parents are paying for us to fly to germany at the end of next month. I have never met his mother and have never been to europe. I am excited-excited.
Emmy- I missed the part about you getting married- congratulations! I would love to hear about it too.
And to anybody- what does "nak" mean? hope your all having a nice evening..mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#18 of 301 Old 07-13-2005, 11:12 PM

mcs; nak is "Nursing at Keyboard"

I sent this out via the yahoo group, but I'll post it here, too (at least for a little while :LOL) Here are some pictures of Joey for y'all. http://photobucket.com/albums/v216/S...osephine Anne/

Enjoy!

#19 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 12:05 AM

nak subscribing
#20 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 AM

you can sub by clicking on "thread tools" at the very top of a thread. Just FYI
#21 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 AM

Hi June mamas! I just thought I'd poke my nosy nose in and welcome youto the (deep voice) BIG thread, life with a babe. I'm a regular in the Janulicious group, and I have a daughter born on June 22 - a JUNE BUG like yours!

My fave Stella is, of course, Stella Blue... But I also like Stella Margarete (think Italian cafe in June), Stella Olivia (plays piano and makes VERY complicated maps), Stella Lillian (high fashion expert and makes custom picture frames)... Stella sounds good with EVERYTHING :LOL

Well, I wish you all the very best of luck in the coming months for your baby's first year. Welcome again!!!

Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#22 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 10:45 AM

Hi Andy! Thanks

We had a baaaaaaaaad night. Okay it wasn't THAT bad. It could be worse. I had a rough time getting Joey down to sleep last night. She didn't fall out till about 2am. It didn't help that dh didn't get home from work till 12:30am.

If I wanted to be a single parent, I'd not have gotten married. I said something to him this morning about not liking being a single parent, and he got quietly upset.

The truth is I know he's missing being here; I know he doesn't want to work this much right now and that he wants to spend more time with the baby. But it's his busiest time at work. I do understand that. But he needs to understand that he has more responsibilities than his business now. And one of those responsibilities is helping me out around here; with the baby, the dog, the housework. Not to mention just BEING here so I'm not alone ALL freaking day.

And someday, if he gets home before midnight, we'll have this conversation. Sigh.

#23 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM

Sha, I can SOOO relate to that. my dh works nights and sleeps days. Mon-Thurs he wakes up at 2-230, eats and showers and leaves. friday he wakes up and goes to school at noon and gets home around 6. Then he's lazy until he leaves for work at 1045. Sat and Sun he sleeps until 3 or 4 and then he's here for the evening. HE STILL acts like it's a HUUUUGE favor to me when I ask him to give the boys a bath or to give them dinner. ??? I mean, I get that he works everyday of the week... but I'm not sipping 'ritas and eating bon bons, ya know???
#24 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 11:22 AM

Sha, that sucks--I'm really sorry. Maybe try writing him a letter? That way you don't have to wait til he gets home late at night and is already stressed out?

Ah...the wedding...
What can I say about it...well, it's October 1, on the South Shore of Massachusetts. Not Cape Cod, but ocean front and we LOVE the location. We actually eventually want to move to that area. It's a "weekend wedding", at a resort hotel, and the hotel is literally across the street from the ocean. If we get a huge storm (which we'd actually really enjoy), the hotel will most likely get pummeled with waves. We are doing everything at the hotel--the (short) ceremony, the reception, and everything, so that people really don't ever have to leave the grounds if they don't want to. It's a beach town, so there's a ton of "boardwalky" stuff to do. Most all of our guests are coming from out of town--at least the family guests--so we really just want this to be a nice weekend away for them, and hey, there's a nice dinner and drinks on us.
Our friend Bob is a Reverend (because of his band Reverend Bob & The Darkness ...he wanted to be able to wear a collar for real on stage :LOL) so he will be officiating. Very short ceremony--we are both atheist, so we haven't decided on what exactly we'll DO up there yet, but we'll figure something out. Bob claims he can do up a gorgeous ceremony
I have yet to go dress shopping--waiting til next month when I'm closer to the size I'll probably be for good. Doing a formal sundress/spaghetti strap kind of thing. I keep joking to people that we got pregnant when we did so that I would have a nice big rack to fit into my wedding dress

But it's a pretty informal affair, really--I'm making all my centerpieces with sweet grass, driftwood, seashells, rocks...that sort of thing...minimum of flowers (I'm not much of a flower person), and our "DJ" will be our iPod hooking up to a PA system. There will be NO CHICKEN DANCE at my wedding :LOL
My bridesmaids are being told to simply "wear red", and the guys will probably just do suits. Samantha is my "maid of honor", and she will pull Cullen down the aisle in a Radio Flyer red wagon. We are getting a little tux-onesie for him. That's kinda it so far! I have so much to do, and I *will* get the bulk of the invitations out today. The most interesting part will be watching Alex's southern conservative family mingle with my yankee, ex-hippie, waaaaaaaay liberal freak family. :
I should sell tickets for that part.
Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome by the way--my sister got married last year, but she only had a reception and it was way less formal than even my wedding will be, so we are very inexperienced at this
#25 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the wecome, Andy I have to admit lurking on your due date club while I was pregnant last winter - it is always fun watching the end-of-pregnancy feelings and emotions and of course, the babies being born and all the stories that come with that

Emmy, your wedding sounds like SO much fun. I'd love a weekend getaway in a beautiful ocean front hotel with a beautiful ceremony like yours. How adorable is Cullen going to be in that red wagon?!

Are you doing favors? I'm not big into the traditional type favors but we did little tree-seedlings wrapped in burlap with a sweet poem attached about planting it and how our love will grow, etc...I can't recall the website we ordered them from but a google search for 'wedding favors tree seedlings' or the like should result in some hits. Just a thought...if you want favors at all - it's a nice environmentally-friendly choice.

mcs, Sounds like Eisa is doing great! The Germany trip sounds amazing.

Clare is still doing really well sleep-wise. Maybe this is her retribution for those 9 days past my due date I went Last nights sleep was 10p to 2:30a, nurse/diaper change, 2:45a to 8:30a.

Somehow having three is easier than two and MUCH easier than one. Weird.
#26 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 03:23 PM

I am glad to see I am not the only one struggling with getting a birth certificate............ And he finally has a middle name!!!!!!!!!!

MCS I am the one who gave up dairy with both babies, and it nearly kills me. I adore ice cream, you name it. I did it for fourteen months with dd, and have been doing it a month with ds so far. A Month!!

Where does the time go?? Ds will be a month saturday and he is trying to grin a little!

I have been cheating at bedtime,,,,,,he is usually so colicky at bedtime that I started using Colic Tablets and added some homeopathic chamomile to it and whammo, he will sleep!! I suspect something else in my milk is hurting him occasionallythough.................

I am sleep deprived...I ran to the bank this am while dh watched both kids for a minute and nearly walked away from the teller without my license, and then she's like, here's the $$$$ you withdrew from Savings!! Good grief!

And crossing my fingers..........bleeding slowed down yest. I also had retained placenta..........gross :
#27 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM

davina - whaddya mean, no margaritas and bonbons??!!
i thought that's what every mama had for lunch - while she's on the phone and watching daytime t.v., of course...

take me, for example - i slept until noon today, ate a leisurely breakfast of omlette and french toast, and then laid on the couch and read the entire first half of pride and prejudice.
...and then the fire departmant and dcfs came to find out where all the smoke was issuing from after the kids put the toaster in the microwave "just to see what would happen"...
seriously - today has been totally chaotic. right now, though, stepdd is out of town with family for a few days; stella is sleeping peacefully nearby, as is ds2, and ds1 and dd1 are (sorta) observing our ritualistic 'quiet time'. usually that involves reading in bed or other mellow activity so i can catch up on a few things around here. laundry is all done (!) but no thanks to me... mil took it all to her house over my hospital stay and got it all caught up. i've done a few loads since then - trying to keep it under control.

still no middle name for the babe...
hey karen - what was the 'evening twilight' name you weren't using?? (i'm becoming deaperate - this is the third day in a row i've spent time poring over encyclopedias waiting to be struck by the hand of inspiration)
there's a fun way to spend a little of your day - name my baby!!!
perhaps i should start a contest - but alas, i am too poor to afford a prize.
*sigh*

emmy - there is a special place in hell for those who flout the chicken dance...beware!!! :LOL
#28 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 04:04 PM

ack.
mastitis has struck, owie.
titus will be watched by my friend (who was one of my labor partners) for the hour that i'll be gone at the docs. is it bad of me to feel fine about leaving him? just the thought of taking screaming into my apppointment is frightening though.
and i have lots of milk stored. he will probably get his first bottle today then. :

be back later

--grace
#29 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicbanana
emmy - there is a special place in hell for those who flout the chicken dance...beware!!! :LOL
Yes. That song is the definition of hell I also banned the song "Celebration" (celebrate good times, COME ON!) from my wedding. The cheese quotient of that song would have been unbearable - no matter how many glasses of champagne I had! Sorry to any Kool and the Gang fans out there

Grace, so sorry to hear about your mastitis. I've never had it but have heard it is just awful. ~~~ healing vibes ~~~ to you, mama

Nanner, I'll meet you at the bar for some straight-up margaritas later, k?

bama and those of you with night-working dh's, how do you do it??? I've been enjoying having my dh home (he's a professor, so has his Summers off) so yes, I'm majorly spoiled right now.

baby crying. gotta run
#30 of 301 Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM

OMG!!! Its not easier to have more than one child! But it is! Strange to say I know but there are differant things that are easier and others that just take ALL day! :LOL I am going to have next week off from the daycare children and then they are all coming back! : I don't know how that will go but I do suspect that it will keep DD more busy less whiney and more tired!

Last night Nolan slept from 1130 until 430am nursed and went back to sleep and woke at 730 nursed and then went back to sleep but he pooped! DANG IT!! Or so I thought! I did a succesfull asleep change and left him sleeping on the floor! : I was not going to mess with that! My luck he would have woke up as I moved him back to the bed! Then Ali and Nolan slept till 10am! They both had tubbies and here we are at almost three talking about lunch!

Wow a wedding! I had no idea you were getting married! How exciting! I remember my wedding day I was pregnant with Ali! We had planned to get married and I got pregnant before the big day! I tried to change the date and my mom got all upset! So we did it and now I am mad because I would have enjoyed myself more if I could have been myself and not my pregnant self! So good choice!

Well I think my bleeding is slowing down too! I am so glad about that! But then it comes back! I am hoping it is tapering off!

Well I have to get going Oh and thanks for the welcome to the baby club! This is terriable but the memories are fading and I have moments when everything is going smoothly (everyone gets to sleep and no one has a terriable day!) that I would do this again! Then Ali throws herself on the floor or poops her pants! :LOL We'll see I guess!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page